Craftybase Reviews

About Craftybase

Are you still tracking your inventory manually and guesstimating your prices? Take full control of your production process and manufacturing workflow with Craftybase, the leading inventory management software for in-house DTC...

4.2
4.7

Browse Craftybase Reviews

Michelle
Michelle

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

It's what every artisan needs

Once I understood that it takes time and effort to start using (and then keep using) Craftybase, it became much easier to run my business. I actually let Craftybase run ME. The customer service is top-notch (although I do wish they didn't run on UK time) and I'd be lost without it.

Pros

I love this software because the developers understand how a small manufacturing business works. They don't load you down with confusing features - just what you need when you need it. It has helped me get completely organized with raw materials, track all production, determine pricing and just basically keep everything straight. If you're a maker and you're not using it, you need to be.

Cons

I sometimes feel the software tries to be all things to all people. I really don't see why the accounting aspects are necessary and feel they are sometimes lacking.

Navine

Reviewed on 22/7/2021

Craftybase affordable option

Craftybase is not bad apart from the sales channel issue for me and it’s functionality maybe limiting as you begin to grow or you need more efficiency keeping inventory across several platforms. It is great for start up.

Pros

It is affordable for start ups compare to the bigger systems like trunk and gets the job done.

Cons

I hate the integration with the sales channels as it is very limited. I have been waiting for them to integrate with bigcommerce for 2 years now and their integration with square is horrible because it doesn’t bring in the items purchased and customer details. Instead it comes as a custom order and so it does pull from the inventory which means I have to delete the imported sales and re - enter it so it reduces the inventory. Time consuming.

Trunk

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

Doesn’t integrate with any online platforms which means manual entries.

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

Cheaper and suited my needs as a start up with one sales platform

Response from Craftybase

Hi Navine - sorry to hear you have had some issues with our Square integration. To confirm, Craftybase does fully import line item product details and customer data from Square so it does sound like something is going wrong here - please do get in touch with us via support and we'll be happy to take a look into this for you.

Replied 28/7/2021
tammie

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

mostly good, but needs features.

i am sort of solving inventory issues, but there could certainly be a lot more automated features to take a lot of time off the process. if it could automatically update inventory in e-commerce systems and if it could send automatic emails to me when a product gets low, that would be hugely beneficial.

Pros

I like that it helps you price your goods including labor costs. it is pretty easy to use if you know the terminology of inventory. i also really like that it allows for consignment which a lot of other software does not. it allows for manual entry of orders which many other software programs do not.

Cons

i don't like that it doesn't update shopify or other ecommerce sites. so i have to update inventory in craftybase and then also go into shopify and update inventory there as well. you can set low inventory alerts, but it doesn't notify you, so you have to manually go in and check periodically to see which products are running low. seems to defeat the purpose of an alert. it also doesn't sync with bookkeeping systems or shipping systems.

Top Craftybase Alternatives

Grace

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Big learning curve but well thought out

I have faith that Craftybase will prove to be the right option for us. I think that once I *do* have it set up to fit our particular business, that it will be immensely helpful and far superior to the excel spreadsheets we were using.

Pros

The price point is excellent for the functions that you get in return. You can get technical support through email and they are quick to respond and very professional with their help.

Cons

Switching over from my previous inventory system to CraftyBase has been a HUGE learning curve. It's taken me so many hours of research and back and forth communication with their customer service team to try and set things up for my businesses particular situation. I'm still not properly set up after exchanging over 40 emails with them (wish they offered a tier where you could get direct phone support with an approved Craftybase consultant).

Zoho One, Quickbooks Online and Stitch Labs

Reasons for Choosing Craftybase

We needed a more complex inventory management system that synced up directly to our sales platform and handled a larger variety of functions and calculations.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

The pricing was FAR better than any of the others and seemed to offer lots of features for the price.
Jen

Reviewed on 31/3/2023

Overall Great App

Pros

Good value, good customer service, gets the job done! As long as I keep manufactures and supply purchases up to date, my inventory is accurate and the program helps me not run out of materials, or over-purchase.

Cons

I still find it challenging to nearly impossible bundle products for promotional items or gift sets, even with being in their Facebook group and hearing tips from other users. It isn't intuitive in the program to bundle items together. Rather, other users share how they make it work.

Mary

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Perfect for small craft business owners!

Craftybase is essential to helping me run my Handmade Etsy-based small business in addition to my 9-5 job, and everyday duties of 'homeowner', 'wife' and 'mom'. It is a great tool to streamline major business functions.

Pros

I can enter all my materials (in my case: various beads, wire, packaging materials, etc) and even set "recipes" for popular items so that when someone purchases an item, I can "Manufacture" it in the software and my materials are automatically deducted according to the recipe I set. I then get warnings anytime a specific material runs low. It's literally hands-off inventory management!

Cons

It's a LOT of data to input in the beginning. The time invested up front is well worth it though!

Lisa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Great to keep track of inventory!

I love the fact that I can track my flavours down to the last mL! Re-ordering is a breeze now.

Pros

All the reports that you can pull from all the information about your inventory are fantastic

Cons

Learning how to initially set everything up. Everyone's needs are slightly different and wrapping your head around it can be daunting

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

I have to use both. I need Craftybase for the detailed inventory counts and I need QuickBooks for my monthly bookkeeping because that is not supported very well in CB.
Kristin
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Powerful! Great way to organize and track supplies & materials

I used to use Google sheets to track my materials. I thought Craftybase wouldn't be much use to me because my sales volume is pretty low. But because I make one-of-a-kind items, that means hundreds of unique materials. My spreadsheet got unwieldy! Once I started on Craftybase, I wish I had subscribed way sooner!

Pros

It's powerful and flexible. I've created some custom categories, and it enables me to search for things by color, style, etc. A really great way to keep track of inventory of materials on-hand.

I can sort things by date, supplies purchased from a specific vendor, view only certain categories, etc.

It integrates with Etsy, which is nice.

Cons

Some things I wish I could change preferences on (e.g. when/how sales tax is counted or not).

Not really a con, but I'd love to be able to create custom fields (e.g. color, fiber content) rather than putting those things in the notes box.

Jeannie

Can't Live Without It!

I can keep excellent track of inventory, profits and other finances, and pull reports at any time for taxes, stocktaking and more.

Pros

I love how I can keep track of all my inventory on hand, everything that has been sold, my profits, pull needed reports, automatic uploads and so much more.

Cons

It is a little confusing in the beginning but within 2 weeks, I was majorly loving this program.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

It was a lot more time consuming and confusing keeping track of everything on my own using excel especially when some inventory is quite large. This program does all the thinking for me when everything is entered in correctly. It's awesome! and the customer service is exceptional when help is needed.
Nicole
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

Solves Problems and Answers Questions, I didn't know I had

I am thankful for this program and its ability to help organize our business and the many ingredients and products with multiple online sales outlets. It also helps to see where your time and money go, especially in ways you may not have realized.

Pros

Unique format that provides solutions to small business owners who are trying to expand their company.
Provides a place and format for information that is confusing and complicated to organize.

Cons

Some things are stuck the way they are and dont apply to what Im doing or if things change in the way we create products it is hard to apply the changes.
Syncing products from multiple sales channels instead of them showing as unique products over and over again can be frustrating.

Airtable, A2X and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

None of these programs offered the functionality with affordable pricing.
Ricquel
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Excellent Way to Keep Up with COGS, Inventory and Profit Margins

I love this program and recommend it frequently! I don't know of any other programs that let you keep track of inventory the way a crafter needs to, especially if you make some of your own components for the items you sell. It's amazing!

Pros

I love that you can set up everything to auto-manufacture so you don't have to go in and manually do it after every sale. It's pretty much on auto-pilot which saves a TON of time. It's also great that if you have two Etsy shops that still only counts as one Sales Channel.

Cons

I wish it didn't automatically import everything on the next import after you sign up. It would have been very helpful to just be able to import a little bit at a time to make sure everything is set up and functioning properly.

There is a pretty big learning curve, but only because it is dealing with SO MUCH information. Auto manufacture is amazing, but a lot of us don't keep everything we need on hand. If I have to order something and don't have it when the auto manufacture happens, everything is calculated incorrectly. If we could set the auto-manufacture to happen x days after the sale (or x days before it ships), it would help a ton, and I wouldn't have to go back in and manually change everything.

Also on the auto-manufacturing, say I run out of product stickers. And I manufacture 100 items before I buy more. It's just a small thing, so I just don't include the stickers in those 100 orders. But when I do buy more stickers, the 100 items I already made (but didn't include stickers) still count against my total. It screws up everything and I have to manually go back and change the manufacture for each sale. It would be nice if we could set it up somehow so if we're out of something, and we still manufacture the item, it doesn't count against the inventory of that item since it wasn't used.

I know that sounds like a lot of stuff, but it's really just little things here and there. The program is amazing and really does a ton of work for you.

Jacqueline

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

I love having my customers all in one place with orders and supplies

Pros

That I can do everything for my business on it

Cons

It’s hard to understand in the beginning and no one to talk to just email

Shopify POS and Microsoft Excel

Shopify POS and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Craftybase

All in one and recommended in my groups
Stefanie

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

CraftyBase fills the niche of inventory software for craft businesses

After entering in my materials used, I can link them to my finished products so that I know exactly what inventory I have on hand and which products I can make at any time. Craftybase also automatically imports orders from various sources, which are mapped to my products. So, when it's time to fulfill orders I can see which products I need to make based on my orders, exactly the materials needed, and can easily track my production, which decreases my material count in real time. So my material inventory is always precisely up-to-date, and I can order supplies when I need them. It helps to keep me super organized with minimal effort to make sure my business runs smoothly.

Pros

It's absolutely perfect for my needs of running a small jewelry business. It keeps track of my supply inventory and how each material relates to finished products, to customer sales and production of those finished products. It's cloud based, which means I can check my orders and inventory from anywhere, and each section is intuitively linked to other sections, making it the only software I need to fully track my inventory and orders.

Cons

Nothing, honestly. It does everything I wanted it to, and intuitively.

Justin

Reviewed on 22/7/2023

Way Better Than Spreadsheets

Pros

The ease of use in setup and management made it a great choice and a huge improvement over traditional spreadsheet management. One of the determining factors for me was being able to create and sell bundles that include multiple products that I had trouble finding with other tools. It also integrates easily with a number of viable eCommerce platforms.

Cons

I would love to see more feature related to managing finances like cash flow, balance sheets, and financial planning tools

Quickbase and Zoho Inventory
Melissa
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Easy to set up and use

Craftybase has 100% streamlined my manufacturing and supply ordering processes. I can scan through low inventory reports and know immediately what I need to purchase next.

Pros

My favorite features are supply ordering versus use breakdown ie purchase the supply by the foot and then use by the inch. The product recipe section is easy to set up and fantastic in usability. It makes tracking manufactures a breeze

Cons

I wish there was a better way to track payments. Right now it's just a check box. I would love to see a date and pay method field.

Also would love the ability to print invoices without having to download them first.

Lynne

Reviewed on 27/8/2019

Great inventory program for small handmade bus

CB is fairly easy to navigate and learn. Great customer support via email or real-time chat. I was able to run tax reports easily and keep track of inventory.

Pros

Affordable with different tiers and features. Great inventory program for small handmade business. Integrates well with e-commerce platforms and Etsy. Great response time with customer service. Web based and accessible from any computer. Ease of running different reports.

Cons

Would like to see some additional customization options with bundles/gift boxes and recipes. Would like to be able to add amounts of materials in more than one type of measurement (metric, US customary units) Also more customizations with reports

Mystique

I don't know what I'd do with out Craftybase

Pros

Great functionality! It has everything I need to run my handcrafted skincare business. I can sync my eCommerce channels with my inventory and keep track of raw materials and packaging materials, whole loaves of soap (product components) down to individual bars(products). Craftybase also gives me monthly reports for local sales tax purposes. Thank you for making my life easier!

Cons

It takes a little getting used to, but once you have everything set up it runs smoothly. Searching the help section is easy and you can always reach out and ask for help.

Natalie

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Craftybase has saved me thousands of $$ in time

As a one woman show, Craftybase has saved me thousands of dollars in time not spent inventory tracking and bookkeeping. Well worth the monthly fee. All my inventory issues are managed and I know it will be accurate for tax time.

Pros

Craftybase integrates almost seamlessly with both Etsy and Shopify. Every time I have had a question or issue, custom service is super helpful and quick. I’ve been using the software for over 5 years, and over that time the developers have listened to community feedback and greatly increased the efficiency and functionality of the software. Once you understand the terminology, you can manipulate the software to benefit your business needs.

Cons

Could use more bulk edit functionality, and the ability to back edit where a change in a material is automatically reflect in all product recipes and all previous manufactures.

Cole

Reviewed on 9/10/2023

too expensive

Pros

i like the reports you can run like schedule C, but I found the numbers to be off from Etsy.

Cons

Company raised prices by 3x while my business took a massive hit. Could not believe how much more they wanted for what little i did.

Shannon
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 26/6/2023

Just what I needed!

Pros

I love the ease and accuracy of this program. It helps keep our inventory in check, along with organizing our business I would recommend this program to anyone and everyone!! I tried a handful of different methods and programs and this is by far my favorite!

Cons

The pricing may be a little steep, but I am so happy with the product, that I am willing to pay the price.

Leslie

Excellent Accounting Software

This software has saved me money and time while keeping perfect track of inventory.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is much cheaper than similiar software.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like about this software. I have had no problems and have not had to call customer service.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Cheaper
manon

Craftybase review

I totally keep my inventory, my product pricing and my sales inline by using Craftybase. It's so simple to use and if you do have a question you get a reply quickly. I wouldn't even entertain using another company.

Pros

Once you're set up it's so easy to use. My inventory is always on hand. I couldn't function without Crafttbase. I've made my end of the year so much easier for myself and my accountant.

Cons

I've really had no complaints about this software.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Craftybase has changed the way we do business.

The Craftybase team is always so helpful and quick to respond. They even turned one of my suggestions into a feature and then made sure to tell me so I could use it! I really think you get a lot of value with Craftybase.

Pros

We manufacture bath and body care products and have increased our private label customer base which means there are more things to track. Craftybase keeps us on track with inventory, material inventory, orders and expenses. They are always trying to improve the software and add suggested options.

Cons

There isn't really anything I like least, but I do wish that the sales channel's variations would match up with the variations I create in Craftybase so I don't have to manually adjust every order to reflect the size.

Lindsay

My external brain!

cannot live without it!

Pros

It does everything I need as far as inventory, taxes, expenses, recipes, prices. I don't know how I would live without it!

Cons

some things are not as efficient as they could be - like doing things in batches or bulk changes. And I wish it integrated better with bigcommerce.

Robin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best inventory software available

Pros

I find Craftybase SUPER easy to use. I make products that require multiple levels of inventory tracking, and had been looking for software to help me accomplish this for months. When I stubbed upon Craftybase, it was almost too good to be true! The software is easy to use, is detailed enough to be incredibly useful for my business, and automatically syncs with most of my sales channels. It's awesome. I can't recommend it enough.

Cons

The product variations are useful i some situations, but tricky in others. I wish I had more control over the way things are imported from the sales channels since I don't care about some aspects of those orders and do for others.