Yahoo Mail Reviews

4.2

4.2

About Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail is a cloud-based email application that can be used on desktops and mobile devices. It offers various tools designed to simplify email search and improve inbox organization. Users can also store images and documents...

4.1
4.1

Browse Yahoo Mail Reviews

Noorhidayu
Noorhidayu

Reviewed on 28/5/2021

One of the best in managing emails

Pros

Yahoo Mail is one of the best email manager platform that i ever has used and it is still relevant even after 10 years has passed. It is the first ever email service that i have use and has help me a lot in my studies at the university. Sending and receiving an emails has never a problem with this software.

Cons

The problem with Yahoo Mail is, the service development and updating a new feature has become stagnant. It can't keeping up with its competitor and it has making many user has left this platform. A new feature like cloud storage will attract back the user that has left this software and making it popular again.

Preben
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 2/1/2024

Yahoo Mail is good from all angles. Quick set up and operations.

Saves time and and gets stuff done neatly. It also have the one tap unsubscribe feature which is great. It's reliability and dependability is key.

Pros

At personal level, I have used Yahoo Mail for free to achieve much of my work. I like it more because it can fit well in both personal and professional environment. It gets better and organized and it is easy to add accounts. It is great to have the free trial expiration alert.

Cons

This Mail app is clean. It has no cons for me. I like everything about it.

Francisco
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/2/2024

Use to be good one

Used to be a good one but my feeling is that is too free and is full of advertising

Pros

Fast, light and easy to use, universal at his time.

Cons

To much spam and publicity, I think also a lot of fraud mailing.

Top Yahoo Mail Alternatives

Jose Manuel
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 16/12/2023

Good email service but not as good as Gmail

It is a great email service but as a second tool. My main email service is Gmail

Pros

To find emails works quite well (quicky and exact) and I can manage different emails accounts

Cons

I receive too much spam and despite giving feedback that some emails are spam doesn't seem to work fine

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

I just wanted to have a second email service
lanex
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

my review about Yahoo Mail

I had a wonderful experience with Yahoo Classic Mail. It made my work easier without annoying messages or spam, and also from the security aspect of the application on Android, it makes it the preferred choice for using it as a work mail.

Pros

What i like about Yahoo Mail is the ease of using it to receive and send messages, especially in my field of work, which makes it easier

Cons

There are many ads while i using Yahoo Mail

Kristie
Kristie
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

Outdated but Functional

During the time Yahoo was popular, there was Myspace messenger and AIM messenger. This was when Apple products, Facebook, and Gmail was becoming popular and easy to use. It was time for technology to expand and have people more absorbed into new types of tech software. I used to log into my Yahoo account every day but now, I log into my Gmail account everyday. Yahoo will never be forgotten but it will take a while for it to become as mega popular as Gmail. Google products are now a trend and the company is known worldwide.

Pros

I used Yahoo when I was younger up until high school because Google was becoming the new trend at that time. I remember using Yahoo to send my first emails to my teachers and school-related assessments. It was free to use the service and the most fun I had was coming up with the usernames. I still have my Yahoo accounts but I have not been logged in for years now. If Yahoo could be like Google and update their services and products, it could make a comeback.

Cons

Yahoo became oldschool and outdated very quickly when Google was trending at the time. I was in high school when someone I knew created a free Gmail account for me. It was a lot of fun coming up with usernames but Google is more modern with an easier platform to use. From stories, I have heard that some messages on Yahoo don't get delivered. If Google were to receive a wrong email, it would let the user know that the message could not be sent. The service is free but the platform is outdated and it doesn't have a Google Drive function.

Gmail and Meta for Business

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

I made the switch from AOL because it was taking advantage of my dad's Internet service bill. Yahoo was free to use and the messenger was easier to use than AOL. AOL was known to be used by the upper middle class while my family could only use free products, which is where Yahoo came into play. Now, Google mail accounts are free for everybody and educational institutions use them too. Every student who is admitted into a university is provided with a free Gmail account. There is a university account for each student but it is through Gmail.

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

I chose Yahoo mail because it was free and it was during my studies in elementary school. It was a way for me to communicate with my classmates and my teacher. At the time, Google was not a trend so many of my friends and teachers were using Yahoo to communicate, but it became less popular when I hit high school. High school was when Facebook was trending and many went from emailing to messaging their Internet friends on Facebook. Facebook was a way for people to be less formal, connect, and upload photos to see what they were going through in their personal lives.
Kristen
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 9/10/2023

Useless

It was ok, just not popular anymore

Pros

It was free. That is the only reason why we chose to set up a yahoo email.

Cons

No one uses yahoo anymore. Everything is Google related so we don't use this anymore. Just have to log in every so often so we don't lose the email

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

We didn't. We set up both & ended up only using gmail

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

Long time user

I have been using Yahoo Mail for years and I will continue using it. It is my favorite email service.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and move around the site. Saving and deleting emails is very easy and quick since you don't have to open the email to delete it.

Cons

Sometimes I cannot find an old email using the search function.

Crystal
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Ya-hooo, tried and true

Pros

They have been around since I first started learning about email. The longevity speaks volumes

Cons

I least like the ads. Sometimes, they are too much and mess with the mobile view

Kishka Kay
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

One of the original mail apps

Pros

It’s been around for such a long time and continues to develop. The way it allows you to organize your email and customize other things is brilliant.

Cons

There isn’t much to not like. It’s easy to use and aesthetically pleasing.

Tonya
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

Yahoooooooo! is my go toooooooo!

Overall, Yahoo Mail meets all my business and personal email needs. I do like it better than the others I've tried and I've used all the major ones personally and/or professionally. I think it's quite a bit more comprehensive than Gmail, which is the other one I've used most often. I think if you have moderate technical skills and aren't easily frustrated, this email app is a good choice, especially for any small business and/or personal use.

Pros

This is the business and personal email that I FINALLY settled on. I had trouble finding one that had all the features that I wanted and was easy to navigate around. This one came the closest over the ones that I tried. I love that I can create, which seems to be an unlimited number of folders, to keep saved mail in. I'm pretty OCD about saving and organizing my emails, so this is a great feature for me. I also like that if I happen to get Spam in my inbox, I can flag it as such and it will move it to Spam box. Then it marks it that way permanently, so nothing I get from that sender will get back into my inbox. I also use the Subscription feature quite a bit to manage which regular distribution lists, I want to remain on.

Cons

I know there is a lot to this app that I have not tapped into. For me, I've played around with it and have pretty much tapped out on all the features I can master myself. I feel that I would need someone to walk me through additional features or watch a tutorial, to get the full use of what's possible. I don't think it should be that complicated to use the features on a mail app. In fact, it took me almost a year to figure out how to delete emails in mass quantity. When looking into this, I found other users had the same frustration with the particular version I was using. Now, that is a very basic function that should be much easier to figure out!

Hafizah
Hafizah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Yahoo Mail is really helpful

Pros

Yahoo is simple to use and integrates well with the iPhone's mail app. I've never had any privacy issues with Yahoo, so I'm confident in its security. In contrast to some other major email providers I've used, I've discovered that blacklisted email addresses stay restricted and go to the spam folder. In contrast, banned emails continue to come through to my inbox.

Cons

Whenever I forgot my password, I had trouble logging into my email. It was really inconvenient, and I would have to go through numerous steps to authenticate my identity and regain access to my account. The customer service was also not up to par and very late in responding to my tickets and no option to get to them by phone call.

Henry

Reviewed on 4/10/2021

Functional, but there are better alternatives

Yahoo Mail is the perfect choice for commercial correspondence, but we wouldn't recommend it as primary account for personal or business use.

Pros

Yahoo Mail offers an incredible amount of storage for email retention, which is why we use it for all of our commercials correspondence. So much storage, that is unnecessary to pay for more.

Cons

Spam. Yahoo Mail pushes spam on us more so than any and all other email services that we use. We are often required to unsubscribe from unsolicited mail, only to discover that two more have spawned. As such, the email our account retains, the longer the program takes to load on mobile devices. Lastly, Yahoo will often assert itself as the default search engine on our PC devices.

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

Gmail provides countless tools to manage email correspondence, making it a great choice for our business. However, Gmail does not do well with commercial interest, as it tends to store marketing mail in various locations. For this we need Yahoo, where everything is limited to two automatic inbox folders.
Melissa
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 3/9/2023

Yahoo

Highly recommended to use, you wouldn't regret using this app.

Pros

I love using yahoo mail for all my email needs. Very easy to use and great storage space, no delays with your mail.

Cons

No issues, I've been using yahoo mail for 5 years and I prefer this app over any other. I love it!!!

marquita
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/4/2022

Been with Yahoo for 23 years and plan on staying another 23

Yahoo is great for what it's worth, FREE email account with 1TB of storage, you can't beat that with a stick!

Pros

I like that its free, I like the comfort and reliability of Yahoo mail. I have been with them since before I had children and now my children have their own Yahoo email accounts.

Cons

I can't stand the amount of spam that doesn't get blocked
I don't like that important emails get routed to the s[am folder
Lastly, I could do without the ads, In the 23 years I've had an account well 2 with Yahoo, I have never clicked on and ad because I was intrigued.

AOL Mail

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

I thought I would see less spam starting over from scratch and from what I thought at the time was a bigger named provider

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

AOL seemed as if it was for the young crowd, All I was really hearing about with AOL was chats honestly
Ajit
Ajit

Reviewed on 24/2/2022

A Very Well-known and oldest Email Service App

I am using Yahoo Mail from long time and still using it. I am really used to it. Just do login with username and password and access and manage mailbox is very to see Inbox, Sent folder, Spam folder, Trash Folder, Draft new email etc. I can write any email and keep it half-done, it automatically goes to Drafts folder and again I can resume that email from draft folder. So like this, there are so many features of yahoo mail are useful. Even we get the notifications of any new email so can get ready to reply urgent emails very quickly.

Pros

All the features of Yahoo Mail are good. but I like the feature of creating new folder by any name to save important emails, attachments and pictures. Every day i get so many email from various email addresses so by using separate folder, it helps to save selected and important emails and any time I can check those important emails. It helps to avoid deleting any urgent email. I also like Trash folder because when we delete any email by mistake, it does not delete permanently, it goes to trash folder so we can easily search that specific email by name or date and restore it. Thank you Yahoo Mail for being very useful.

Cons

There are a lot of hacking incidents are going on So as a very important email service app, Yahoo Mail needs to be much more secure with 2 way authentication security like access code or OTP on phone or any installed authentication app to access the mailbox in secured manner. All other features are functioning properly.

Sanganagouda

Reviewed on 6/4/2023

Yahoo Mail: Your One-Stop Email Solution

Yahoo is providing good security with a built-in virus scanner to protect users from malicious attachments. It is one of the oldest email service and worth trying. It is a One Stop Email Solution.

Pros

It is one of the oldest Email service which lost its value somewhere. There are still many good things of Yahoo Mail like-1. Yahoo Mail allows users to customize their inbox and interface, making it easier to organize and access emails.2. It offers advanced search capabilities, making it easy to find specific emails or attachments.3. Yahoo Mail allows users to integrate their social media accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, making it easy to keep up with social media activity.4. It has an excellent Mobile app.

Cons

Improvements are needed in these areas-1. Yahoo Mail has limited folder management options, which may make it difficult to organize and manage large amounts of email.2. Yahoo Mail has limited labels and tags, making it difficult to organize and categorize emails.3. It has limited formatting options for composing emails.4. Attachment preview options.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 12/4/2023

Yahoo Mail Makes Sorting Emails Easy

My overall experience with Yahoo Mail for the most part is positive. I love the features that Yahoo Mail has and Gmail does not. I still use both platforms but I really do enjoy the nice features that Yahoo Mail has to offer.

Pros

What I love most about Yahoo Mail is the fact that all of the documents and pictures that you've ever gotten in an email is all in one folder with the email attachment to it. I wish Gmail had this feature but this is really important to me because it's so much easier being able to find documents I need or I can search in the documents folder and find it right there instead of trying to think who sent that email with the documents.

Cons

Email Monitoring is one thing that Yahoo Mail needs to maybe work on a little, and I only say this because my email had actually gotten hacked and I was completely unaware of this until I go checking my email and I can't get into it. I had my phone number and back-up email on there which had gotten deleted by the hacker, but there definitely should be better security for instances like this.

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/8/2021

Good for personal email

Really good experience with this email service provider even-tho they looks like has been defeated by their close rival of Gmail.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is the first email service provided that i have use from my teenage age until now. It is remained free to use for personal usage, with a good feature to sending and editing the email. The email dashboard is keep changing to gives a fresh impression and not looking dull with the same graphic.

Cons

The spam filter detection somehow let many of the spam email to be landing on my primary inbox. It can distinguished it clearly by the sender name and the title, yet Yahoo Mail seem can't blocking the email and i had to manually marked the sender as a spam email. They need to do a better job in this area.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 8/10/2021

My Top mailing app

Yahoo mail Is my first mailing app and i don't plan changing it anytime soon based on its ease of use and dependable attribute.

Pros

This is the first mailing app i ever used and it has always served my every purpose, I love its capacity of making use of more than one mailing account on one single application. It is seamlessly fast in email processing and has wonderful security protocol, this attributes and capacity made it the only mailing app being used by my organization.

Cons

The editing tools are not as sophisticated as i would have wanted and the spam protection is a little weak, this should be worked on by the developers as this will encourage its loyal users.

Adra Safiya
Adra Safiya

Reviewed on 6/9/2021

Work and personal email

Pros

Yahoo Mail is a good option for anyone that need a free email address, either for a personal use or for business level. It can do what all other email service does. One of my favorite feature is the forum in the mail service. It has one of the best forum for discussion and i often referring to this forum for any information that i want.

Cons

It is a shame that the mobile application for this software is not as good as the web-browser version. The mobile application is slow and keep crashing while i am typing my email. I really hope they can reconstruct the mobile application as it will make it more easy to use the email in the mobile.

Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 19/5/2021

Yahoo Mail Delivers!

My overall experience with Yahoo Mail has been positive. It is a free email service that allows you to do everything you need to do when it comes to sending emails. In more recent years, however, I have switched to Gmail primarily. It is my current favorite.

Pros

Yahoo Mail was the very first website I made an email address through in my entire life. I was new to the internet and this was back in the 90s. I didn't like the look of hotmail and Yahoo just seemed superior. Fast forward 20 years later, Yahoo Mail is still pretty great. I love the ability to customize your folders, as well as your background wallpaper for your email. You can also set it up so it notifies you when you have any unread emails straight to your desktop.

Cons

The ads can be pretty annoying that is for sure. There have been times in the past when important emails went straight to my Spam folder instead of my Inbox and I almost didn't see/read them. I fixed this problem by saving said email to my contacts list and from then on never encountered that issue again.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 5/10/2023

Yahoo y’a hoooo

Pros

Yahoo mail has a dynamic interface and is easy to use. As a small business I feel valider by the tool as I’m not overpriced

Cons

Sometimes deleted mails will resurface . . It’s spam blocker is a bit wonky and usually is hard to filter

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail
Inaam

Reviewed on 22/1/2022

Yahoo Mail

Yahoo Mail has always been my favorite email provider due to its simple appearance and and fast loading.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is among the most early and experienced email service providers, that started to provide free of cost email facility to internet users around the globe. It has a very simple and easy to use layout and you can easily compose and send emails. Yahoo mail highly values the privacy of its users and keeps your data and communications secure. It provides its standard users with a generous 1 TB of storage capacity for mails and files which is quite a lot for majority of users. Along with its browser based website version, it also have dedicated apps for Android and IOS.

Cons

I use Yahoo Mail through its application on my android, and often it fails to notify me about a new email on time an I only get to know about them when I open the app.

maxime
maxime
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

the first messaging center

Pros

for me it is the very first in its category thanks to him I could reach several Internet site to it always allowed me to preserve a great number of message also it allows me to preserve all type of files

Cons

I sometimes have the impression that he stayed in his basic ideology because according to me the updates made are not really innovative for the most part