About ScrapRight

ScrapRight is an inventory control software designed to help businesses create sales contracts, manage the cost of materials, handle stocks and perform shipments. The platform enables managers to ensure compliance with government...

Browse ScrapRight Reviews

Tommy

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

ScrapRight- Review

A++

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use. Who doesn’t like mini iPads? Also the fact that if I need to express a concern or have a suggestion I can talk to the owner of ScrapRight. He and all his employees are there if you need them. Lastly, I like that the platform we use is cloud based so no bulky server.

Cons

On some things you try to do in the system you have to know the exact steps to take but once you become familiar with the system it’s easy peezy

Response from ScrapRight Software

EVERYBODY loves iPad minis!! LOL Tommy thank you so much for the AMAZING review!

Replied 14/10/2019
Jen
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Always there to help!

We have had ScrapRight for about two years now and we are beyond pleased. We had a competitor previously and had nothing but issues. ScrapRight sent a person down to help train staff and set up equipment...... included in our purchase!

Pros

The ability to chat or call someone and get solutions and answer quickly.

Cons

Some features are not available, specific to what our company needs, but manageable without them.

Jessica

Reviewed on 8/11/2022

Scrap King and AMR

We love the weighing portion of this software, overall happy with it, but would like better support on some of the other issues

Pros

The weighing portion is super easy to use, AP and AP ticket review are utilized all the time

Cons

Inventory portion of this program is not user friendly, to many tabs to click back and forth from, having to convert to bol and then again to an invoice is repetitive also trying to correct a bol that is already converted to invoice is difficult. Tickets that are converted to a bol that do not have a tare weight freeze in the system and require IT to fix. We are not to happy with the reports offered either.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Hi Jessica. I am so glad that you are happy with our ease of use and quality of our software, we work really hard at delivering the best always! Can you give me any additional information regarding the support department and the rating you assigned to them? We are building the worlds best support department and need as much feedback as we can get.
Regarding Inventory, I really appreciate your frank and candid feedback and take it to heart. I have spoken to Design and Development as well as to the Training department and we have a few ideas. I have asked Randy to give you a call and discuss. Thank you again!

Replied 9/11/2022

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 2/11/2022

review

okay

Pros

easy to use , easy to move from one screen to the next

Cons

does always come through correctly when sending to the state

Response from ScrapRight Software

Richard, thank you so much for your direct and honest review and thank you for the information on Texas DPS. I can tell you that upon reading this review I have spoken to my development and design team and we are addressing the issue and struggles right now and should have something back to you shortly looking to take your threes and make them fives we want to make you a raving fan of ScrapRight. Let me know if there's anything else that we can do to make you a raving fan.

Replied 9/11/2022

Reviewed on 5/8/2022

ScrapRight Recycling Software

Fast response and call backs right away

Pros

After 2 days of setting up software and hardware we were up and running with the fastest ticket times in the WEST!

Cons

I would say it was the least, the amount of configuration that was needed to get it up and customized for our particular company..

Response from ScrapRight Software

David! Great review! Thank you! I can't tell you what it means to our company and to those who are considering making a new decision or a change! ScrapRight to us means exactly what you said here, over delivering on our commitment to your success! Always here to help if you ever need it!

Ashley

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Not Bad

Invoices aren't always accurate because product will be entered in as weight, but sold by piece, however we are working coming up with a way to fix that. The system is pretty straight forward and functional. There's a lot we still don't know much about or use. We plan to expand our current knowledge to get the FULL effect of ScrapRight's software options.

Pros

After learning the system there are some features that are useful and easier to use than our last software we used. Tracking inventory is much easier with ScrapRight.

Cons

There are certain kinks that occasionally pop up, such as entering a "Finished Good" in as a package and commit it to our inventory, but then can not locate the Package # when it comes time to ship it out. As well as getting the FULL potential of contracts and invoicing. Things we still are working on. However, when going through and making a correction on a BOL for weight or for pricing, it's quite cumbersome because once you make a change to one thing, it always brings you up to the first entry, it doesn't just allow you to adjust one after another. You have to always scroll back to where you were then adjust the next item.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Ashley, thank you for the review and the honest feedback! I appreciate it more than you know.
When you are ready to go to the next level and learn all that ScrapRight can do for you let us know!! Here is a first and easy one, to find the packages that you just created - simply click on the top left side of your inventory screen on the tab that says finished goods. You will see all of your packages listed here and you can filter and sort to make finding them a breeze!

Replied 17/10/2019
Adam

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Easy, simple problems resolved quickly. Complicated matters are ignored.

Pros

The software is easy to use, teach new users how to use, and navigate through. Adding/removing is simple and accessing/printing reports is simple and easy.

Cons

Features (like the Container Tracking) are not available and the Scrap Right rep's cannot explain why. Further, ScrapRight rep's are quick to determine a matter "resolved successfully" when in fact the issue was NEVER properly fixed or even addressed.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Adam, thanks for taking my call today and reviewing these open issues. Derek is sending you a new invite to demo the Container Tracking and Dispatching module and get you guys up and running, this will include Asset Management, Scheduling PM's, To Do list and Calendar, it will also include the Mobile App for drivers. I have spoken to support regarding the open vs closed tickets issue, they assured me that they will only close a ticket that is open if they cannot reach the customer and are not receiving any information back. I did ask them to look closer at this process. Adam, again you have direct access to me, as do all of my customers, please never hesitate to call me directly if you feel something is not being resolved to a 5 star level! To everyone at Denver Metal Recycling, you are an amazing customer and we have valued and continue to value your partnership for years to come!
Shon Duty

Christina

Reviewed on 5/7/2022

My Personal Experience

We were recently with a company that we literally had issues with DAILY. I don’t mean like one or two, I mean like we hardly even got to use the system we paid for each month! Since getting with ScrapRight, it’s been SUCH A BLESSING, & the customer service has been exceptionally AMAZING!!! I’d recommend them to EVERYONE that wanted a low cost, AFFECTIVE way to run their business simple, professional, EXTREMELY great customer service, and never have to worry after hours what the day will bring come tomorrow!

Pros

It’s extremely easy to learn, use as well as to teach our employees! Even those not so efficient in English comprehends this!

Cons

There is absolutely NOTHING I’d say negative!!

Response from ScrapRight Software

Wow Christina! Your comments blow me away! Thank you so much! This is exactly our mission to strive to make a difference for customers that have no or underperforming software! Our continued commitment to you will be to service you for a very long relationship at this same level! We are so glad you chose to partner with us! Do you know anyone else that we can help in this way?

Bob
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 8/7/2022

Easy transition- great support

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team are very good at what they do and their attention to customer needs is top notch. Good customer service is hard to find and they sure do deliver on that!

Pros

Our team has embraces the transition to ScrapRight very well considering we were using a different software system for 12 years. The set up and integration was very smooth with the onsite help and the ability to integrate existing hardware kept costs and disruptions low. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team are dedicated to make sure this is a good fit and help resolve any issues right away.

Cons

We are a little anxious about the system being completely cloud based. So far it seems to be working well but Internet outages are inevitable and we are bracing ourselves for how that will work.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Bob, thank you for taking the time to write this well thought out review. Your review encompasses what it means to ScrapRight! Hey, on the note of a potential or inevitable internet outtage, make sure to go to your dashboard bottom center and read the blog regarding Randy's recommendations. This is all about plan b, what do I do in the event of… I think
If you read this and follow it you will no longer be concerned about the internet!
Thanks again!

Nick

Reviewed on 3/11/2022

Great product for our small scrap business

Pros

The ease of use! I can have someone trained to use this program within an hour!

Cons

I wish that it would work on an iPhone.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Nick! Thank you for this amazing review! I will pass your request about an iPhone app onto the new features team! Really appreciate you taking the time to review us!

Randa
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

Great way to stay organized

I can't imagine running our business without Scrapright. It's made daily business so much easier. The customer service is excellent. Anytime I have a question or problem they respond within the hour and have a solution for me.

Pros

It prevents a lot of mistakes to happen from human error. It saves us time by generating a ticket and doing the math that by the time the customer comes to the window they are already paid and taken care of. I like how you can make the program to fit your needs as far as different commodities and prices for specific customers.

Cons

Using the Ipad on the road. You have to be connected to wifi in order to log in. Then when you go on the road and try to use the printer it only prints "weight" ticket. Sometimes when you don't have wifi the ticket gets lost. I understand the ticket isn't connected remotely and it's supposed to sync when you hit wifi, it doesn't on occasion.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Good morning Randa! Thank you for the amazing review! Appreciate it more than you know!
Regarding the iPad, you can now login remotely without Wifi and without an iPad that is connected to the internet. This would of course eliminate the possibility of losing a ticket as well. I asked Derek to give you a shout on how to make this happen for you ASAP!
If, after that call, it resolves your cons and you want to update your review, I believe Capterra makes a way for that!

Replied 24/2/2020
Alex

Reviewed on 1/4/2021

Help getting problems fixed

overall has been good been a few bumps in the road but always been able to sort it out

Pros

The software is easy to use has lots of features that fit our needs

Cons

There are really no cons I can think about, about the software itself. My real concern is when you need help
everything is done through email and chat lines and that does work if you are comfortable with that type of communication. I prefer to pick up a phone and talk to someone.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Technical support has been very good to us and for our company. We appreciate her help, dedication, and quick response even though the email/chat line.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Alex, thank you for the amazing review! I appreciate the candid & honest feedback more than you know. I have spent some time today with the Support Engineers and reminded them that not everyone likes to txt & chat like you do and reminded them that our policy is to pick up the phone and call 100% of the time! Thank you for your patience with us! We appreciate your long time business with ScrapRight and all of the referrals you have sent as well!

Replied 7/4/2021
Mary

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Pros

Very efficient for paying out our Scrap customers.

Cons

Does not input Accounts Payable into our QuickBooks. Disconnects from our QuickBooks regularly. The license scanner doesn't always work. The Inventory is slow.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Mary, I am sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with quick books, we certainly feel your frustration with intuit and quickbooks, a very finicky product!
Do you have the quickbooks connectivity trouble shooting guide that we produced last year? You can get this on your dashboard or from support. I can guarantee you that when these steps are followed every time, your ongoing issue with quickbooks remaining connected & syncing will go away!
Regarding the inventory, we have a fix for the slowness you are seeing and Brandon will get you on the schedule for an update! Lastly the drivers license scanner, we have been seeing some intermittent issues with connectivity and we have some exciting changes coming very soon for Drivers License, signature pad and fingerprint pads!! Stay tuned!!
If for some reason these issues are different that quickbooks remaining connected, please feel free to give me a call! Shon Duty 877-897-6422

Replied 9/10/2019
Scot
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Overall, it does the job. It does "glitch" once in a while, but refreshing usually fixes it,

Pros

We only use Scrapright to generate outbound loads. It's good to get the BOL, Packing List, and photo of the pallet all at once. The photos have saved us on a few pallets.

Cons

I would like the software to be able to include the prices of the individual pallets we send out. It seems like we should be able to put our material prices/lb. into the system and have the value calculated by the weight of the material, and be able to print this out as well. Didn't get a satisfactory answer about this from tech support. It would save us a big step and allow us to actually us this software for other tasks around here.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Hey Scot

I saw your review on Capterra, thank you for taking time to provide us with valuable feedback!
Yes your software does all of the things that you want / need it to do!

Please get with us after the holidays and allow us to show you want you need to know to use it to its fullest extent!

Replied 27/12/2017
Angela
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

Great software

We have been using this software since since Shon started and still today are using it .

Pros

It’s easy to use , easy to learn , and always improving it

Cons

Difficult combining 3 yards to one main server

Response from ScrapRight Software

Angela
Thank you so much for the solid feedback from one of our longest and first customers!! We appreciate you!

Replied 10/7/2020
pat
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/4/2019

Scrap Right is the Right Choice

We have enjoyed excellent service for five years now. They are always willing to improve there product to keep current with technology and industry trends. I look forward to running Scrap Right in all of our future location!

Pros

The ScrapRight Software is the easy to use. Customers are in and out quickly with complete transparency. We can also recall old purchases with easy. This system has paid for its self over and over again! I have it in use at both of my yards and if ever we have a problem tech support is always available to assist.

Cons

Scrap Right is real good about addressing issues and making changes to better fit your needs.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Pat, thank you for you very kind review! We appreciate partnering with you, your companies & your employees! And we look forward to being there with you as you grow into your new locations!

Replied 29/4/2019
Stephen

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Extremely happy with my decision to purchase ScrapRight's software program.

Complete Quick Books Accounting integration and full compliance with Arizona State Metal Theft Laws.

Pros

Ease of use and technical support. My staff and I were proficient with the software within 24 hours of installation. Their installation team were extremely professional, helpful as well as patient answering all of questions.

Cons

Weekend support, though available, is a little bit slower, but available. It would be nice if there were more report options, but short of that, We have zero complaints!

Response from ScrapRight Software

Stephen, really appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to review us! Quick question regarding reports for you, have you seen the Admin Ticket Review? Are you using it? as it can create just about any report you would ever need! Call me to schedule a time to see that in action if you haven't already!

Steven
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

using since 2011 very happy

it helps us earn our living and establish our business as the top recycling company in the area

Pros

ease of use. the icons are straightforward and easy to use. when you need to start a new ticket it is very simple and the software is easy to train someone on.

Cons

overall speed can vary at times. meaning sometimes it takes far too long for the software to complete keystrokes.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Steve, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing ScrapRight, we appreciate it much more than you will ever know!
I read your concern about slow keystrokes, we have seen this in the past with applications using MS SQL Server and we have a few settings modifications that should eliminate this issue for you. If you ever see this again please call in to 877-897-6422 x4 between 7am M-F and 8a-4p Sat and we will get you fixed up!
Merry Christmas!

Replied 17/12/2017
Natalie

Reviewed on 2/1/2018

For the most part, scrap rite is an excellent software that allows our business to flow...

Pros

I like how scrap rite allows you to access each customer's record quick and efficiently, allows us to print and download report history, and captures pictures of the material and person selling it.

Cons

What I like least about scrap rite is the photo I.D. scanner, and how it won't work at all sometimes or won't grab the information correctly. Severely slows down our quick process here at times.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Good morning Natalie!
Thank you for your review of ScrapRight, it is reviews like this that help us to be a better company. Quick question, have you seen the HelpDesk FAQ regarding your DL Scanner? Do you use those steps when facing an issue? We often recommend to users with certain computer types to start the day with these steps. You can go to the Dashboard in your software, then on the left hand side go to the HelpDesk, then underneath the header is FAQ and you will see the article Troubleshooting your Comboscan Driver's License scanner. If you have already been following these and it seems that they do not help, please call me direct on my cell or in the office and I will try to work on a resolution with you! Always know that you can call me if you feel you aren't getting 5 star service! Shon Duty

Replied 3/1/2018
Victor

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Happy with our purchase, customer service really makes the package.

Customer support, we were having a hard time with our previous company.

Pros

Ease of use, but I like the service availability and quick response. We depend on Scrapright for our daily operation if it goes down we cannot function effectively.

Cons

Sometimes it locks up. Some of the admin functions are time consuming. It would be nice to change all prices then hit save rather than having to change 1 at a time.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Victor, thank you for the kind words and the honest review of ScrapRight. We appreciate this more than you know! Wanted to follow up on price updating, have you seen the ability to update pricing from the grid? This eliminates the one at a time price update. Please feel free to give me a call at anytime and I can show you this and a few other tips and tricks that can speed up your day! 877-897-6422

matthew

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Easy to use and navigate. Great tech support.

Accurate inventory keeping, helpful in keeping track of outstanding balances, no need to keep physical copies of customer tickets.

Pros

How programed it is for the scrap industry. Not much has been left out. The material list is extensive, I am never looking for something that is not there.

Cons

The signature pad and finger print scanner have always had issues through out the years. We have replaced them a couple times and still have occasional problems.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Matthew, we really appreciate the 4/5 review! Means the world to us! And, yes we hate that signature pad as well!!! LOL - but good news is headed your way, do you have an ipad or ipad mini, if not pick one up for about $100 this now just became the best signature pad in the world when used with ScrapRight! Call me to discuss or just to get setup! 877-897-6422

Replied 20/12/2017
belinda

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Has a lot of great features

Its easy to train people on scrapright

Pros

It takes pictures of products, customers getting paid, place to store information.

Cons

The receivables is very time consuming. When your receiving payment from one company, I could have 15 bill of ladings on one check, you have to go into each bill of lading, correct the price, put the amount paid, check number. it would be nice to have the option to select multiple bill of ladings to one check payment entry.
container tracking has a lot of issues, we allocate one, then pick it up, bring it back, make it available, then when it is shipped out again, allocate it again. it would be nice if the software worked to see how much and often that container was used, I notice it doesn't track it properly
also the businesses, it would be nice to have different locations that are able to put on container tracking, it only wants to use what you have for the check, which is not good for tracking.
there are drivers that I can't remove from the container tracking, due to a change that was made, so their names are there and they don't work here anymore.
Any updates, maybe letting the customer know what changes were made, so you know what to expect, more tutorials so people learn more about scrapright. there is a seller/car image button, not sure what its for ?

Response from ScrapRight Software

Belinda - thank you so much for taking time to Review ScrapRight! The constructive feedback really means the world to us and really helps us to be a better company. I will be asking Derek to reach out to you on two topics 1. You can settle multiple BOL on one check, so he will show you how. 2. To review the new release on Assett management and tracking and make your life wonderfully easier with all the new features and fixes!! Please tell Chris Bates how much we appreciate your business and feedback as well!

Replied 20/11/2018
Justin

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

Few bugs for a new system, over all faster and keeps you compliant.

Makes sure you are legal and compliant, that's worth the world to me in this business.

Pros

Once a customers info is put in, its easy to find and fast getting them in and out. The pictures of the customers and commodities make it easy to see what was bought and who from.

Cons

Still a few bugs to work out and you must have fast internet for the system to work properly. Sometimes you have to double check the customer is getting everything they brought in and make sure it not on someone else's ticket.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Hey Justin

The single biggest issue with using our hosted option! Having good internet speeds! When we set everything up with Jason and Dan we told them you guys will want 50/10 speeds - then later we revised that to a minimum of 25/5. But I know you guys are still struggling with 1.5 up and .5 down!! Ouch! Dark Ages! Yes you will see all kinds of wonky stuff and will have to keep a close eye to make sure that everything records as it should when you have connections like this. Please try to convince them to get you guys upgraded, this would solve all of your woes! Feel free to call or email with any questions at any time!

Replied 27/12/2017
Jacob

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

I've had scrap right for many years now. Durability is excellent. Been easy to use.

Streamlined inventory cost and analysis.

Pros

It is user friendly once you understand the system. Provides inventory and record keeping details. That enables me to maintain accurate cost analysis as well as keeping historical analysis.

Cons

At times the system runs slow. Other times part of the system just stops functioning and needs to reboot.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Jacob, thank you for taking out time of a crazy schedule to give us a 10 out of 10 recommendation! We appreciate it more than you can know! Regarding the slow or reboot, just a note, you have been with us I believe for 6 or 7 years, I am pretty confident that we could eliminate these issues altogether with a newer better up to date server that would also come with a 3yr NBD Onsite Warranty. Call me for options!

Replied 20/12/2017
Kevin
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

Good for compliance

Compliance with state scrap purchasing laws. Photo record of scrap purchases

Pros

Keeps us compliant with state scrap purchasing laws requiring photos of material and seller, scanned drivers licenses, etc.

Cons

Supplier does not communicate well regarding requested changes or modifications of software. For example, we requested a "list all" button for a part of the program. We were told that it was a good idea and that the change would be made. But, after a while, we gave up waiting.

Response from ScrapRight Software

Kevin, Thank you for taking my call and allowing us to help you with the issues you are experiencing! I am confident that we will clear all of these for you with a little working together! Please never hesitate to call or email me direct! Shon Duty

Replied 28/12/2017