Shopify POS Reviews

About Shopify POS

Shopify POS is a point of sale solution that helps retail businesses streamline operations related to marketing, inventory management, payment processing, product reporting and more on a centralized platform. The omnichannel...

Browse Shopify POS Reviews

Dawit
Dawit

Reviewed on 14/6/2023

Seamless and Efficient: How Shopify POS Transformed Our Retail Operations

Our overall experience with Shopify POS has been exceptional. From the moment we implemented it in our retail business, we immediately noticed the positive impact it had on our operationsFirst and foremost, the user interface of Shopify POS is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate. Our staff quickly adapted to the system, and even those who were not technologically inclined found it simple to process transactions, manage inventory, and access customer information.The seamless integration between Shopify POS and our online store has been a game-changer for us

Pros

What we liked most about Shopify POS is its seamless integration with our online store. The ability to sync our inventory across multiple sales channels in real-time has been a game-changer for our business. Whether a customer purchases a product online or in-store, our inventory is automatically updated, preventing overselling and ensuring accurate stock levels

Cons

While Shopify POS has many great features, one aspect that we liked least is the limited customization options for the user interface. As a business owner, I appreciate having the ability to tailor the system to match our branding and unique needs. However, with Shopify POS, the customization options are somewhat limited, and I felt restricted in terms of design and layout. It would have been great to have more flexibility in customizing the appearance of the POS system to align it with our brand identity. Although this didn't significantly impact the functionality or performance of the system, it would have been a valuable addition for creating a truly personalized experience for our customers

Heather
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Shopify POS in a food business

Shopify POS is a vital part of our business. We have now built 3 websites using Shopify and integrated POS with them all. Our operation is now far more streamlined through different methods of sale and we can target different customer groups a lot easier.

Pros

How easy it is to manage inventory and how well it works with my online store.

Cons

The cost is a little more expensive than what’s out there so I wish electronic payments were a little cheaper

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Shopify POS had the ability to work with our online store a lot easier than Square. Customer service from Shopify POS was of a greater standard.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 29/5/2023

A Solid Option for Small Businesses, But Not Without Its Drawbacks

I have a love-hate relationship with Shopify POS. On the one hand, it integrates seamlessly with Shopify E-commerce, which makes life much easier. On the other hand, it is not very useful as a standalone POS system. If you are not using Shopify E-commerce, I would recommend staying away from Shopify POS, as you will likely be disappointed with the lack of basic features. Additionally, customer support is difficult to reach and unhelpful.

Pros

Shopify POS has a user-friendly interface that is easy to learn and use, even for new business owners. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify e-commerce, making it easy to manage both your online and in-store sales.

Cons

Shopify POS is sluggish, slow on older devices, and incompatible with non-Shopify hardware. The Order Printer app is broken even on the native iOS platform. There is no credit card payment gateway integration for merchants in the Middle East, and no inventory reporting.

Wix and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Because of having an e-commerce website on Shopify.

Top Shopify POS Alternatives

Square for Retail

Square Payments

Lightspeed Restaurant

Calleigh
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 6/3/2024

Shopify Happy User !

Overall we are super happy and impressed with our Shopify Experience. What i like most about Shopify is that it’s user friendly and customer friendly. It accepts an array of payments, it allows us to manage our entire website in a user friendly way, it synchs our inventory and order accurately and accepts our payments into our accounting software !

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the synching to quick books is not completely accurate

Jared
Jared
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/6/2022

Selling with Shopify POS

I really wish you using the software however it also offers somebody just starting their eCommerce business flexibility because you can be online and offline simultaneously. Implementation costs of website and also point-of-sale system is negligible if you have high demand for your products.

Pros

It's really seamless on how the customer is notified with shipments, product back orders and also inventory so that they can make an informed decision at point of sale.

Cons

There's always an issue with applications in that you would need to go to the main website to pull certain order shipments and tracking sales reports beyond 3 months.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

Settlement period for most of those platforms listed are very hard to program and understand so we just moved to a platform that allowed multiple currencies and instant settlement.

WooCommerce and PayPal
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Shopify POS - Far from a POS

Very easy to use and effective. Orders, sales, payments, it all works great.

Pros

This is such an easy software to use on iphone and ipad. We have never had an issue with this app or the devices that connect to it. Very user friendly. My father even has no trouble.

Cons

It hasn't failed us yet so I don't have much to complain about. I like all of the Shopify products.

PayPal and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

Because it worked seamlessly with our site and all of our business. Paypal was lacking in that respect. also has lower fees.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Just everything about it was better for us and the seamless connection to our QuickBooks and online store.
Issaka
Issaka
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

best popular e-commerce platform used by businesses of all sizes to set up and manage online...

Shopify offers extensive customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and phone support. They also provide a wealth of resources and guides to help you set up and manage your store.

Pros

Shopify is known for its user-friendly and intuitive interface, making it accessible even for those without a technical background.

Cons

While Shopify provides a good range of themes and customization options, it may not offer the same level of design flexibility as some other platforms.

Adam
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 8/10/2023

Great pos for Shopify users

It does what we needed it to do.

Pros

East to set up, integrates with full Shopify inventory, and low downtime. Hardware is good. Staff is able to use with little training.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say really.

Henri
Henri

Reviewed on 28/9/2023

Shopify POS Review

you have to take a close look at the price/performance ratio. The trial version is not bad for SMEs.

Pros

I can create my own gift cards for my online stores.

Cons

There's no free version and the advanced features are a bit expensive for my budget.

Šimon
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 29/2/2024

Shopify POS

Pros

We use SHOPIFY POS daily to process our orders. We are very satisfied.

Cons

There are no accidents yet. All right. :)

Stephanie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/6/2018

Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items

Pros

When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot.

Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Cons

While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for.

Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

Samuel

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Great for Multi-Channel Retail Businesses

I suggest that all the ecommerce companies I advise use Shopify to build their sites. Shopify is a natural extension of this into the brick and mortar/pop-up shop world. Shopify POS automatically integrates with your Ecommerce inventory levels, analytics, and more — making it a no-brainer for businesses already using the shopify platform.

Pros

The shopify POS is extremely easy to use and train in employees on. It may not be as powerful as some stores require, but as an ecommerce business that runs the occasional popup shop, it has more than enough features for what we need. I like how well it integrates into the systems we already are running.

Cons

I have no major complaints. The hardware accessories can be a bit buggy, but there's always an easy workaround.

Anne
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 27/6/2023

Fantastic Product!

It has been so good! I have the ability to market world wide from Zimbabwe and the website never goes down.

Pros

I find it very easy to use and their customer support is fantastic! I have had very few problems in the 8 years I have worked with them that they couldn't solve.

Cons

I would like to say nothing but once in a while a template is a bit of a challenge but that may be more to do with my abilities than them.

Shari
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 13/7/2023

Why I like Shopify POS

Overall, my experience with Shopify POS has been undeniably positive. The platform has provided us with a user-friendly and efficient point of sale solution that has significantly improved our business operations.

Pros

It offers several benefits that make it a positive choice for businesses. It provides a user-friendly interface, allowing merchants to easily manage sales, track inventory, and process payments in a streamlined manner. With its seamless integration with other apps, it makes our business run more effectively.

Cons

One aspect that we have noticed that could be challenging for users looking to implement Shopify POS would be the potential cost. While it offers a range of features and benefits, the associated expenses, such as transaction fees and monthly subscription charges, can accumulate and could become costly. It's important for businesses to carefully consider their budget and needs to ensure that the pricing structure aligns with their expectations.

Scotty
Scotty
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen

My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Cons

The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

Lorie

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

4 year user

I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros

Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons

Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

Jessica

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

Great POS system for businesses

Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

Pros

It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

Cons

I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

Willoughby
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 6/3/2019

Awesome service for POS

Using Shopify POS has made a huge impact overall in our business and customer relations. We can keep much better records and communication with both clients and customers. This makes the service well worth the price and a dire necessity to any business! Try it for one month and you’ll never use another POS system again.

Pros

Perfect system for POS! The seamless way of operating make this service a breeze to work with. As an admin you have free range to adjust your stock and service ms and much more! This ability to customize the POS system is my favorite part about Shopify.

Cons

You are limited in the free trial to what you can test. It is worth purchasing the service because without buying in, you cannot customize your system.

Jessi

Reviewed on 21/2/2019

Satisfied

Pros

It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Cons

We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

Sunil
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

One of the Best E-commerce Site

Pros

Easy to use,free templates to choose from, works great with Amazon. Easy to customize with little web development knowledge.

Cons

Free designs are limited. Could get real pricy if attractive templates. Sometimes the inventory management may not sync well.

Tebogo

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

Shopify review

The set up of the payment method is simple as you have multiple options of paymnet

Pros

It helps you set up your dropshipping catalogue and pricing

Cons

Nothing so far as I have made few sales and the ads looks great

Reviewed on 18/7/2017

Works Great

Pros

Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

Lawrence

Reviewed on 5/3/2018

A great POS add on if you have Shopify already as your eCommerce platform.

Pros

A really good platform addon for the Shopify eCommerce platform having all your in-store shop orders in one place along with your online orders.

Cons

the price is the only downfall I can think of. that I least like about the software. Apart from that it's great and does what it should do.

Banele

Reviewed on 17/1/2023

Shopify POS is simple to use for everyone

Shopify has made my e-commerce business easier to manage.

Pros

I found it very easy to navigate through Shopify POS and also customizing everything was very simple. I did not need any prior knowledge to work through the system.

Cons

I personally found it a bit expensive for me although I believe if you already have stable business you will find it cheap.

Joe
Joe
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 25/1/2018

Great for Most People, But Could Use More Work to be World-Class

Pros

Ability to take orders on iPad or phone at conventions and other physical brick-and-mortar locations. Of course, being able to tie into our online store directly is a great plus, as well.

Cons

No "offline" orders, so it always requires some sort of Internet connection, so you need to either be near a wifi hotspot, or have a cellular connection. And, of course, if your connection has drops and other issues, orders may not sync correctly with your Shopify store.

Also, GUI could use some work in terms of flow and process.

Additionally, the ability to use the phone or iPad camera as barcode scanner would be of great benefit, instead of having to purchase another peripheral to worry about.