Sogolytics Reviews

About Sogolytics

Transform your organization's customer experience with the SogoCX platform. Meet customers where they are in their journey, pinpoint weaknesses, identify opportunities, and take action. With comprehensive analytical power at your...

Browse Sogolytics Reviews

Mavares
Mavares

Reviewed on 14/7/2018

A good survey represents a clear business idea

Save time and effort with the best results in your business

Pros

The social sciences, as well as the disciplines related to trade and finance, build their research, results and conclusions using the different types of surveys. The SoGoSurvey platform offers a wide range of templates with their respective questions with a suitable format for the surveys, as well as the most common questions and answers, and the best thing is that it offers personalized design options, which allows you to distribute your surveys by different media. Then, complement your research with the reports module, which will allow you to analyze the data quickly and in real time through the reports module which can generate results in graphics, or if you wish, in diagrams of high professional level , which can be adjusted to your needs and requirements.

Cons

Every good system, in any field, must be checked according to the real needs of the organizations, since, although there is a "basic" version of this system, which is free, it is important to evaluate if it is possible to cover all of them. and each of the corporate needs. In general, these versions are very limited, so it is advisable to contact the support staff, who are always attentive to your requirements.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 15/3/2021

We love SoGoSurvey and use it almost exclusively now

We love SoGo so much we came back to it after about a year of limping along with Google Forms or Microsoft Forms. We are glad we're back as accountholders!

Pros

SoGoSurvey is feature-rich and has top-notch reporting tools. It's UI is very simple and modern, and it's actually enjoyable to build surveys and forms with their software.

Cons

The email templates are still limited, so if you use them instead of your native client, you may find them lacking. We don't use them most of the time.

Google Forms

Reasons for Choosing Sogolytics

SoGo has FAR more features. Yes, there is a cost, but the cost makes for a more professional experience than Google or Microsoft Forms.

Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

Far more features and something that looks very professional and intentional, instead of an afterthought like a survey via Google Forms can appear to be sometimes.
khulood

Reviewed on 21/4/2018

great experience

Pros

I like the design of the website and the way we can work on it . and it was easy to distribute the survey in several ways. I enjoyed the great fun of working on this site. I also heard about the different tools that made the questionnaire distinctive. I will like to use this website in my all research and assignment during my three left semesters at Zayed University, and I will advise my friends and college mate to use it also. This website encourages the student to well done their assignment in professional and academic style. love this website a lot.

Cons

I find it defect to collect Data its need to well understand and it takes a lot of time for me to understand the process of collecting Data after the distribution of the survey. Also we send the survey to many people and for example we send it to time I don't find I way to delete the extra one, so it will be better if an option added which about if the survey sent out before to the same email it cant send again so we will not be chosen to send it by mistake twice to same people.

Top Sogolytics Alternatives

Strategy & Research

SurveyMonkey Audience

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

Collecting a mix of quantitative and qualitative feedback - 30 developing country health...

We did a review and synthesis of 200 tropical disease research projects across institutions in 30 developing countries. We wanted to collect a range of information, including: their experience with the program, suggestions for improvement; sharing of tools they developed and learning that have potential for transfer to benefit counterparts in other countries.

Pros

I am not well versed in using this kind of tool. I found SoGo Survey easy to figure out, set up and rollout.
The SoGo support services are very professional and staff seem to be always available - both on the chat and for phone calls. The supporting videos are well done and enabled us to quickly learn how the tool works and configure it to our needs. Generally easy to figure out and use, especially for non-specialists like us.
The data that was output in tabular form gave us a rich 'knowledge base' that was the basis of a credible final report.

Cons

We chose the premium package 'pay as you go', as we changed our minds as the project progressed, we kept the package for one year, which was more expensive than we planned. Next time we will opt for the yearly subscription, which is a more cost effective option.

SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

I liked the way SoGo was presented on the website (a very friendly impression) and in the interaction with the staff as we investigated which survey tool to use.
Katie
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

Free Trial Review

Very pleased with the product in a free trial. Many desirable features are in the various paid tiers.

Pros

Easy to add survey questions, rearrange, create pages. Was able to quickly export data. Clear on navigation within projects. I liked the test survey option.

Cons

I would have preferred more template demographic questions or fields. Navigating between projects was a little confusing. Not all changes after test survey made it to the visual report but was available in data export.

Google Forms and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

Review indicated that SoGoSurvey had most features in free option and SurveyMonkey didn't export data for a free version. Google Forms only exports to Google sheets. I needed quick export to csv. The student license was very desirable as my immediate use cases are for school projects.

Response from Sogolytics

Thank you, Katie. We hope to see you back when you are ready to conduct your your next market research project!

Replied 10/1/2021
Jonathan
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

SoGoSurvey - A great tool!

We have been very happy with the results of using SoGoSurvey to receive additional feedback to help us make decisions as we move forward. Particularly, as we are in this year of the pandemic and changing business times, it has been helpful to solicit information.

Pros

We have found SoGoSurvey to be extremely helpful to us. We entered a new world to do surveys to solicit feedback from our volunteer staff and our customers (campers) and this was the right tool for us. The ease of use for the user who designs the survey and the ease of access and use for the taker of the survey are both terrific. We like the options for the questions and the ability to format for layout that works well for different types of surveys.

Cons

Some of the formatting of fonts and background could be a little better and easier to manage. But for what we do, it is not critical (and may be possible that we just didn't learn!)

Alchemer and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

We chose SoGoSurvey for the cost and particularly their support of the not-for-profit industry with available discounts. This has been especially helpful due to loss of business this year!

Response from Sogolytics

We're so pleased to hear that SoGoSurvey has been helpful in an otherwise challenging year. We wish you all the best in 2021!

Replied 10/1/2021
Inda
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Sophisticated features for my surveys

I have been using the software for almost 1 year both for my PhD research and thesis. I think the software is useful not only for academics, but also for market research professionals, or public surveys.

Pros

interactive interface, routing (skip logic), sleek design

Cons

Some features are not free, for example skip logic which is very critical

Julie
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 1/6/2021

Like having an extra helper in the office

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and its clean style. I can get surveys up and running pretty quickly.

Cons

My biggest frustration was needing certain features that were only available for an upgrade. After several months I decided that even though the cost was a lot for us (small non-profit), it would save me a lot of aggravation.

Microsoft 365 and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Sogolytics

Clean, easy to use and jump right in. Customer service is great.
Vadim

Reviewed on 3/11/2020

Great Research Tool!

Wonderful tool to push out surveys and analyze data.

Pros

Very easy to use, the features in the free version are greater than other options out there, data is laid out very clearly. Great customer support.

Cons

Nothing for my usage that I can think of.

Response from Sogolytics

We're glad to hear you made the switch to SoGoSurvey, Vadim! Thanks for the review :)

Replied 29/12/2020
Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

SoGoSurvey is good survey builder

Pros

I really like with SoGoSurvey's analytical report as they has many way to interpreted and presenting the data. I can view the data on charts, pie chart or any other data design that is easy to analyzed and view. The survey template also quite helpful especially when building a survey from the sketch.

Cons

It will be good if they can add more service and software that SoGoSurvey can integrated with. It will help me to managing all the software and service that i use on the one place, thus saving my time from have to accessing and login to each to all the software.

Reviewed on 19/9/2016

Your Academic Research Friend

I needed a tool to conduct an online survey for my Bachelor's thesis. Therefore, I was reading a lot reviews and tried to compare features among various online survey tools. <a href="http://www.sogosurvey.com"Y>SoGoSurvey</a> sounded like a superior product at the price point where it is. Hence, I though I'll give it a try.

So far I've had an excellent experience, simply because I was able to include everything I needed in my survey with ease. If I got stuck their customer service helped immediately.

Overall I would recommend SoGoSurvey to my fellow students, particularly for the vast amount of features, great support, user friendliness, various data export options and beautiful designs.

Pros

<u>Survey Questions</u>
Currently 16 different types of survey questions are available (e.g. matrix grid, Intellimatrix, demographic text boxes and even file attachments). Those can be easily modified in up to 20 different ways.

<u>User Friendliness</u>
It's incredibly easy to build your survey. From the question types menu on the left side you just drag one of them into your dashboard and that's it. Each question type also has a little preview, so you can already see what they look like before using them. There is also a question bank where you can choose predefined survey questions or save your own ones.

You can also easily share one survey with other accounts. So it's easy to copy a survey or to work together on one. They also make it very easy for you to distribute your survey social media websites, regular websites, vial email and even via text messages.

<u>Language Support</u>
I think 37 languages are currently supported. So your survey can be displayed in many different languages. That was one of the main reasons why I chose this survey platform because I needed mine to be in Korean.

<u>24/7 Customer Support</u>
Whenever you have a question, SoGoSurvey tries to answer within an hour. On average it took them only 15 minutes to offer help and answer my questions.

<u>Data Export and Reports</u>
Your survey can be exported in eight different file formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, Word, XML, SPSS, Access, Sogo1). Many other survey platforms offer far less than these.

Cons

<u>Instructions</u>
Although, video tutorials are provided, I think some of the instructions could be a little bit more precise. For example, if you use a trial version, only 100 responses are allowed or in order to have an introductory text that only appears on the first page you have to insert a comment box.

<u>Mobile Phone Layout</u>
If you have a survey with a matrix grid (e.g. Likert scales) it is difficult to answer because the question uses a lot of size of your screen, whereas the space for the answer buttons are really tiny. Hence, you always have scroll a lot.

<u>Korean Language not available on the Main Language Page</u>
On my main language page I wanted to add a comment in Korean. However, the language is not supported so that only question marks appeared.

Milo
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

University fundraiser and SoGoSurvey

We've been very happy with SoGo

Pros

Surveys are easy to create and launch with a very intuitive interface. Even those on our staff who don't have a lot of knowledge of survey techniques find it very simple to figure out the type of questions they want to ask and how to create them.

There is also an incredible variety of questions types to choose from and ways to display your questions and answers. The ability to set up branching and logic conditions may sound confusing, but SoGo surveys make it pretty easy to understand – you'll be revealing or hiding questions based on previous answers with ease.

I also appreciate the ability to add images and multimedia options in order to engage survey takers.

SogoSurvey also makes it easy to brand your surveys as your own. Every one of our surveys has our logo embedded at the top. I can also customize colors and fonts to match our brand.

I'm impressed by the variety of ways you are able to see your results when the survey is complete. Reports can be customized to see as much or as little of the detail as you desire.

Cons

Sogo has a great free version for nonprofits like our organization. But every year they lock us out without warning and you have to email to ask for a renewal. I wish they'd give you advanced notice that it is time to renew.

Response from Sogolytics

Thank you for the thorough review, Milo! We are glad to hear how you have taken advantage of your ability to customize all stakeholder communication to match your brand! I will pass along all of your feedback to the team.

Replied 4/10/2020
Hanifa

Reviewed on 31/3/2017

SoGoSurvey for PostGraduate Supervision Reports

I am a Senior Lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA). As part of my academic citizenship, I am responsible for collating reports on students' postgraduate progress on a six-monthly basis. The primary objective is to increase the M & D throughput rate. To achieve this objective, the Higher Degrees (HD) committee has elected to eradicate the paper-based cumbersome system in favour of an online automated system that is simpler and less time consuming for both students, supervisors and the administrative staff of the HD committee. The student reports assist in ascertaining what problems students may be experiencing in terms of their research and with their supervisor/co-supervisor, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary and to serve as an impetus for students to progress with their studies. The supervisor reports assist in determining the lack of progress from students, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities etc, identifying remedial actions to address supervisor problems in terms of training opportunities, co-supervision, online mentoring etc, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary (e.g. problem students), and to prompt supervisors to improve their supervision skills. Various tools were investigated in terms of ease of use, cost, reporting features, etc. and the survey tool, SoGoSurvey was deemed suitable for the reporting system. 29 Questions for Students and 15 Questions for supervisors have been created. The reporting system was implemented in 2016 on the plus plan and was extremely successful. I created the survey which is actually a reporting system and found that students and supervisors found this system to be extremely efficient in contrast to the manual word documents we had. I could easily send reminders to students and supervisors regarding non-submissions and could also extract the unique survey URL's for students that did not receive the invitations. It was also possible to draw meaningful reports and statistics from the system. This greatly reduced administrative overhead and I received instantaneous support from the SoGoSurvey team. We will continue with the system this year although we would like to upgrade our package to take advantage of additional features.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

A very simple and quick surveying software.

A very Fast survey system, just add questions and that's it, sogosurvey will take care of everything. I created future equipment buying opinion and found its better to ask people about it and give them a form and get them to think before asking. People can fill the form on their convenient time and mood which helps me to get the most accurate result and get to the conclusion faster.
Also, their feedback and experience with the maker company also help me how simple it is to get service done as I work in a pro-environment and we need out equipment fast or we encounter loss.

Pros

I needed to survey 20 people very quickly and I found sogosurvey with over 500 reviews, mostly positive as my first choice. I register using my google account and that's it. After registration, it's tutorial video explains a lot and helps me to start quickly.
I started to add my question and within am hours my survey is ready. It is not an official survey but to choose the equipment for out future projects but all my participants think it is.
It is a well-designed template and really nice report. I can do a pool but the survey is so much flexible.

Cons

I have to refresh the windows after adding the survey form template. And after that, it is very fast and usable.

Response from Sogolytics

Hi! We're happy to be the platform you are using to help you select equipment for future projects. You made the right choice to go with SoGoSurvey for quick set-up and ease of use!

Replied 7/11/2019
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Love the flexibility

The responsive support is the very best I've experienced. I'm continually amazed at how quickly they are able to address my questions. Plus, they seem to be really engaged employees. In my previous life, we sold employee and 360 surveys that required highly skilled survey people. I'm able to create professional survey reports for the nonprofit organizations and I'm not a trained survey professional.

Pros

The flexibility to design surveys to meet a variety of needs. I am a volunteer that helps to design surveys for several different nonprofit organizations. I have been able to meet every need with a combination of the Pro level and download features.

Cons

I needed to upgrade to the next level to be able to do true 360 feedback surveys. I could work around this with the download capabilities and using Excel to fill the missing features.

Response from Sogolytics

Chris, thank you so much for the detailed and positive feedback! We don't just offer a customer experience product, we take pride in delivering a wonderful customer experience to all of our users. :)

Replied 7/11/2020

Reviewed on 26/3/2023

Various tools and data sources

Pros

I found the interface of it user-friendly, and it provides a lot of different data resources and tools.

Cons

It may not be compatible with older data formats and systems, and it may be time-consuming to maintain and update the software and licenses.

Reviewed on 23/5/2018

Liked new spring release, always gets some new catching feature.

1: It helped me to understand and organize public events in offices... Their reviews and feedback forms.
2: Quick and affective invitation and various publishing method saved lot of my time.
3: now for quick small survey they got an app seems promising too..
4: had difficulty making decisions solved by the ordinance.

Pros

1: various variety of reports and distribution method it has...
2: quick support and custom work on request, there has been many times when I got stuck or forgot few steps, support chat was quick with there response is what I liked.
3: newly designed survey creation seems great too.
4: they keep getting something exiting like with Omni reports they have under Enterprise+ package.
5: there account freezing feature.

Cons

1: Overall UI is bit rough as compared to what UI they have inside module.
2: Moving on few feature to Enterprise+, I get it, thats the way of working but get new more advanced feature instead of dragging Enterprise feature to new package.
3: ppt download under reports need a real change...some Images are bit blurry

Katherine

Reviewed on 20/2/2018

Sogo Survey very best software to surveys.

Sogo Survey is a very good program that I have not found almost mistakes, it has benefited me a lot in my work area, since I have been able to provide better elaborated surveys and better explicit results, this has helped the innovations of our services.

Pros

What I like most about Sogo Survey is the way in which the graphs are implemented at the time of completing the questionnaire. A circular graph is shown where each person's responses are specified by percentages from positive to negative. This has greatly facilitated the understanding of their features and functions.

Cons

Sogo Surveys has an application for mobile phones, clearly for this app you can not perform surveys, but you can see statistics and percentages of surveys previously completed, the problem is that the percentages are totally different from those shown in the Sogo website.

Leah

Reviewed on 7/12/2022

Great option for smaller firms

Amazing. We got the software for client feedback but actually use it almost more frequently for internal feedback. Recently, I started figuring out the assessment feature and how we can utilize this to create performance management "report cards" for accounting files - really cool!

Pros

It started with amazing customer service in the sales call - they weren't pushy, nor tried to upsell me. They listened to what we needed and advised accordingly. Then, set up was SO easy. The platform itself is very logical and user friendly, particularly the click and drag feature for adding question types into a survey or assessment!

Cons

We had a bit of trouble getting emailed links to not go to client junk folders, but SoGo was so helpful and set up as many support calls as needed and were able to figure things out for us! That is the only hiccup we have had to date.

Ashley
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 6/5/2020

The best solution for researchers on a budget.

As the evaluator for a state historical society and nonprofit organization, I struggled to find a platform that would align with our small budget, while still offering the advanced creation and analysis tools that our team would need. Luckily, I stumbled upon the plans offered by SoGo Survey, and the Pro plan quickly became our solution. Whether you are a student, an entrepreneur, or an advanced research analyst, SoGo Survey and its friendly team will far exceed your expectations and your needs.

Pros

By offering an unlimited amount of surveys and responses, a wide range of question types, skip logic, completion estimates, branding capabilities, a survey scheduler, real-time reporting, and streamlined social media publishing, SoGo Survey reigns supreme. With their added polling feature, we can even use SoGo for quick email and social media polls, as well as within our focus groups, workshops, and forums. You can even import responses and aggregate data from mail surveys in with email responses. The well-designed user interface, training videos, and user guide make it easy to navigate the platform, but should you need personalized help, then do not hesitate to contact customer support as they respond impressively fast.

Cons

After using the platform for a year, I still do not have any complaints with the software. I only wish that I had a larger budget so that I could add on subusers and gain access to some of the more advanced reporting features.

Response from Sogolytics

You reign supreme as well, Ashley! Thank you so much for your feature review and details about how SoGoSurvey has benefited your organization!

Replied 14/5/2020
Raksha
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 24/4/2017

The best Survey tool.

My requirement for an easy to use survey platform was just met by Sogosurvey..Being a biomed student,our hospital management subject required patient satisfaction survey for a hospital as an important assignment.So I had to go through many survey sites but didn't find any of them that interesting ,easy to use as a begineer and effective.
After a couple of search on the internet I came across Sogosurvey tool. I must say this is indeed a user interactive tool. From the person creating the survey to the person filling the survey, everyone will find it comfortable to use.The key features that got my interest into sogo survey were: Free basic plan with those 30 questions which is the best available when compared to other tools. From their own set of questions to your own set of questions you are free to use anything you require and I feel their set of crafted questions just get you unbiased answers.There is nothing so complicated using it as a begineer.You just have to drag and drop the required items and start building.Color scheme and color template are the best features to use making it more interactive and yes you can also save your templates for further use.The best part is you can also make it available and design it for mobile view too.There are also features like what to display when the survey expires and thank you page, various add-ons,print your survey wich helps if its an assignment as in my case .Your survey can even be shared to your friends,teachers using email or social media sites.

Sogo survey is my only choice for surveys from now..

Pros

Its easy to use and interactive user interface.
Free plan includes many features that others don't provide.
Mobile view supported.
Can ask 30 question's.
Questions can be from the selected list or your own.

Cons

Using still haven't figured out any cons yet will do post if any cons identified.

Ralph
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 14/3/2017

Definitely worth the switch

Previously, I was subscribed to another survey site (which I shall not name). However, due to their recent transition to an annual payment term, I decided to look for another option. I'm currently writing my thesis and I will only be using this kind of service for a set amount of time (possibly 4-6 months only). That is how I found SoGoSurvey. I read through the features and monthly cost, I was impressed and decided to subscribe to the site.

Next is customer service. I am subscribed to several sites online (i.e. Amazon, Origin, Steam, etc.), and I have to say SoGoSurvey is the best I've ever experienced. I had a problem with loading the site previously and sent a ticket. Within minutes I get a response with complete instructions and support on how to resolve the issue.

The only complaints I can think of at the moment are probably the UI, and some missing features. I was kinda disappointed that skip-logic feature for Plus members was limited to 7 questions only - had to make a workaround for it. It would also be nice to have a multiple list with ranking option type of question. As for the UI, its good but I think it could be better.

Overall, I am satisfied with SoGoSurvey and I'll be more than happy to recommend it to my researcher friends or even at work.

Pros

Cost-friendly
Wide range of features
Great customer service

Cons

Some missing features
Limited skip-logic options
Sometimes, the UI is confusing

Andrea

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

Amazing, especially if you are a student

I have really enjoyed using so go survey as my data collection software over the past year. It has been so easy to use and came at such a great price!

Pros

SoGoSurvey is easy to use and navigate and it makes great surveys! They also have a great student discount, which makes it very attractive to researchers on a budget.

Cons

It is hard to think of any cons as they are a growing business and are making new additions all of the time. I would say it does take a bit to learn how to navigate, so do not be afraid to reach out to customer support if you need help.

Faezal Bin
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

Intuitive and ease of use!

Since I am working on my research project, I have tried other applications to construct my questionnaire. Sogolytics has the most desired expectation in terms of ease of use and super customer service. The responsiveness of the chat function needs to be praised! kudos!

Pros

The application is really user-friendly with an intuitive UI. The exchange between pages is really smooth and you can easily leave your work for a while and go back.

Cons

Hard to think about one but perhaps it's the need for quicker processing time when clicking on the link to start the survey. I feel like there is a tad of downtime.

Annie

Reviewed on 27/3/2018

SogoSurvey cares about connecting the client better.

I have benefited from the use of SogoSurvey because I have managed to understand much more the opinion of each client, knowing in percentage, what they like and what they do not like about our services.

Pros

I like SogoSurvey because it is totally different from other platforms that offer the service of surveys, since this one in particular, focuses on graphically showing the opinions of people, sorts each opinion in graphs with percentages.

Cons

I have no complaints about SogoSurvey, this software has no errors, its prices are stable and accessible to anyone and its functions are truly innovative.