Decimal Reviews

About Decimal

Decimal is an online bookkeeping solution that enables small business owners to handle accounts and track financials. Decimal also offers additional services including income tax return preparation, business licensing, and R&D...

Browse Decimal Reviews

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Bookkeeping Software For All

Pros

This software is fantastic. I used it under the original name (Bookly) and have been a customer ever since. What the business is doing is wonderful and you can't ask for better customer service. You work with a specific account manager that helps you with any and all bookkeeping issues.

Cons

The software is in its early stage and is improving. Some features you want added may take a little time, but rest assured it will happen.

Danielle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 2/3/2017

Alas...I've been saved!!!!`

As a restaurant owner, I have no time (literally if i want to sleep!) to input all my sales/spending info so at the end of the month I can see where all my money went! This company syncs up to your bank account, gets your sales data and inputs everything so that I can see in one shot where my money is actually going and where I could use some help! Everyone that works over there has been so patient and helpful...I feel like God has finally answered my prayers! It's so easy and I mean we text back and forth!!! I don't have to answer phone calls and sit on phone sessions for hours to figure anything out..and if they have questions I answer them when I can!! I don't have to play phone tag to get my accountant on the phone! It's all done online. I do wish that they had a phone app (but they have assured me they are working on one!) This company has saved me and my tax accountant is so thankful for them!! They also do taxes but opted out of that for my business! In one sign in I can see what my business is worth and my net income. I use to do all this on my own but literally just have excel spreadsheets with data...and that's it nothing really to go on much other than totals for the week or the month! It wasn't telling me anything, I felt just more of wasting my time! This company uses everything; my spending, my income...categorizes it and then helps me see where I am spending too much and how it's affecting my overall net worth! I recommend this to everyone and anyone looking to streamline their business!

Pros

It's so easy to use and I love that we text back and forth!

Cons

I think it's more personal, but I do wish they would send me a text or an email when they ask me questions...otherwise I guess I need to just get into the habit of checking it more habitually!

Kenny
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 10/7/2017

Bookly charged me for services I never used.

Nothing but pain.

Pros

The software and concept are good but the company does not conduct itself professionally. They made assurances that they could come up with a solution but ultimately, they failed to do so and still wanted me to pay.

Cons

I received a trial subscription from Bookly and started working with some of their personnel. The staff were very friendly but were not knowledgable enough to figure out the complexity of my needs. Note that my needs were not that complicated. After trying to find a workable solution for me, they deemed I needed to use their partner software named Xero. After multiple attempts and phone conferences, they still were unable to come up with a system that would meet our needs. Subsequently, they ceased correspondence and since I was on a free trial, I let it go. Several months later I noticed on my credit card statement that they had been charging me monthly for their services. I reached out to them again multiple times and long story short, they wouldn't refund my money. I have all the emails to corroborate this story and ultimately, I had to go to my credit card company which disputed the charges and refunded my money. Needless to say, I was shocked and disappointed that Bookly would not refund the charges they had applied for work they never did. It's sad that I had to go to my credit card company to get things right.

Top Decimal Alternatives

Desmond

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

Amazing Serice

I’m having an Amazing experience wiht Bookly! If you’re looking for bookkeeping for your business, this is the best service that’s out there, and you can’t beat the price for the value they provide which is really a lot of value. They actually should charge more for the service, but I don’t mind paying the current fees. However, I’m sure they’ll increase the price in the future as that’s normal for any business. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get started NOW. You’ll thank yourself later, as you’ll more time to do what you do best in your own business.

Pros

Easy to use as the service connects directly to your account.
Weekly emails regarding your P&L
Easy to reach your accountant.
Affordable price.
Amazing support.
There’s so much more, I don’t have much time to list everything.

Cons

I don’t have any cons for Booky. The service has been so Amazing, I actually don’t have any cons.

Anita

Reviewed on 5/6/2017

Bookly Makes Books Easy! I dreaded using other programs because I'm not the best with numbers.

Saved time by not spending hours trying to figure things out. Saved money not buying upgrades over and over for software that is too difficult to use. Saved my sanity by knowing that my books are correct at all times and having access to a real accountant everyday.

Pros

Automated and easy to keep up with monthly instead of waiting until the end of the year! Having a knowledgable accountant at my beck and call makes me feel confident that what I'm doing is correct always, and if I have a questions it is easily and quickly answered. I hated using other software programs like the one that just stopped supporting the version I was using because they want me to pay for another upgrade. With Bookly, there is no capital upgrade outlay, just a monthly fee that covers everything. I like the way the software pulls in my data in from my accounts and then my accountant just asks me simple questions about what the expense was for and then determines the correct category. I love the ease of being able to ask a question of my accountant and get an answer fast. I don't have to think about what I'm doing from day to day. I just login and see what our financial picture looks like. You won't find a software product with the simplicity and clarity than Bookly has. I love the weekly cash flow updates too. If Quickbooks or other programs are too difficult for you to use Bookly is your answer! It's far more valuable than the price charged. Peace of mind is priceless. I don't worry about receipts that I don't know what to do with. I just upload them and let my accountant handle it. It's like a Butler for your Books!

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Awesome easy way to handle horrible tedious but necessary accounting chores! It's fast and...

Peace of mind that things are do correctly, accurately, and my taxes will be done easily. Confidence in the abilities of the accountants, and that helps me rest assured. Time - I spend less time trying to figure out software I don't understand, and more time enjoying my life.

Pros

The "ask your accountant" feature. It makes it easy for me to ask about confusing expense categories. I also love that my accountant can ask me about things that are unclear to her too. I also love the simplicity of the software and how easy it is to use, download transactions directly from my bank, and upload receipts. It makes seeing the big picture easier. I've used it for nearly a year now, and I love,. Don't do any more work than you need to, just like Bookly.co get it done for you. I am for the first time in years not dreading tax time next year! It is so comforting to know that all our business finances are taken care of my knowledgeable, smart, thorough accountants. I do wish there was a scanning feature built-in, but that's not what the software does! It's okay that I have to scan in the receipts and then upload them, it just takes more time than I want to dedicate but I can even do it with my phone which is pretty convenient and cool. The software is so much better than using Quickbooks, especially Quickbooks for Mac. There is a huge learning curve with Quickbooks, and I'm not an accountant. With Bookly.co you don't need to be an accountant, or even pretend to be one! They take the pain out of small business accounting.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Easy to manage appointments

I have been maintaining business meeting with clients.

Pros

It provides an automatic tool for booking schedule with clients. We never worry to miss any meeting schedule. I always get touch with my business client through notification popup. We can easily add it to WordPress. It also saves my time and money.

Cons

It should show the previous schedule which we missed anyhow. I would like to more enhancements in GUI.

nana
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 13/2/2021

Online Accounting

Overall it is one of the best software i use. KPMG Spark makes my daily work pleasant.

Pros

KPMG Spark is suitable for me. It makes my job easier. it helps me to do daily tasks. I like that it gives me real-time visibility into incomes and expenses.

Cons

The software needs some trainings to use perfectly. It is a bit complicated. But on the other hand it's very functional.

Jay
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Great Tool For Small Business

Pros

Functionality and Ease of Setup for businesses

Cons

Banking Integration and Security of tools when using with mult-factor authentication

zouhir
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

You can link your bank and investment accounts and track balances and transactions centrally

A good program and an ok experience so far

Pros

Supports online banking apps e-commerce platforms and stock wallets. You can easily sync and update your financial data

Cons

Some annoying limitations regarding available features and functions

GREGORY

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

Very helpful

Pros

Convenience, personable , quick response, intuitive.
They always are on top of things before it's seen by me.

Cons

Delay times in updates, I have to input info that is needed sometimes which is kinda inconvenient.

Other than that it's great

Ebba
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Kpmg

Excellent

Pros

Easy to learn and navigate fast. It’s useful for small business

Cons

Pdf print too small fonts and sometimes it takes a while to download the financial statements

Reviewed on 18/2/2017

Bookly is huge timesaver!

I converted to Bookly from Quickbooks last year and never looked back; this is an excellent value plus the support staff are highly-responsive. Bookly is a huge timesaver which eliminates 20-30 each month of rather tedious bookkeeping duties. My only criticism would be the rather limited reporting functions. Although the income statement can be exported to Excel there is no functionality to break the data out by month --- would like to see this become available.

Pros

Ease of use. Huge timesaver compared to Quickbooks.

Cons

Very limited reporting functionality.

Mike
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

Works well and keeps your life organized a bit better

good

Pros

Works well and interface is very easy to navigate

Cons

If I lose my phone that would create a lot of problems, but thats not a fault of bookly; its great to use, but still have to write down dates just in case the phone dies, a cable goes missing etc.. The program itself is great

Leslie

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Extremely slow service, after 12 months had to hire a cpa to Fox all the errors

None

Cons

I had a very unpleasant experience. From the get go they were behind by several months. My numbers were never correct. I finally had to hire a cpa to get it all fixed and was told I would receive a refund. True to their form, I never received that refund and they stopped answering my emails. Extremely disappointing service.

Reviewed on 16/5/2017

Love working with the simplicity of Bookly! They are on point with how modern business is run.

Pros

Communicating with my accountant is simple and lots of transactions can be clarified in only a few minutes. Keeps everything organized and easy to read. Love the dashboard and how clean/clear everything looks. It's so easy for non-accounting business owners to keep on track with everything.

• Industry: Law Practice
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 6/9/2017

Easy to use, clean look, my accountant asked me for some info and I just sent him a bookly...

I don't have to print out a year worth of statements from my business account and label and categorize each transaction since the software is hopefully doing it for me.

Pros

I don't really have to do much and it gives me an overview. My business is pretty simple, but it saves me a lot of time.

Cons

There is stuff in there that I don't know what it is or how I am supposed to use it, or what benefit it is to me. I have not really spent much time on bookly, but I honestly could have used like an email with a link to a training video or something. Something encouraging me to actually use the services they are providing, and what those services are. My year breakdown takes forever to load, right now it is not loading at all.

Alex
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Bookly has been great for our business

Showing our full accounting at the click of a button has been great.

Pros

What we like most is the ease of using it. Once all the accounts are synced, there is nothing major that we have to do to see up to the minute accounting.

Cons

We haven't had any negative experiences.

Lindsay

Reviewed on 27/1/2017

Veteran Customer - Continual Improvement in Software

I have been with Bookly since it was TaxAlli back in 2012/2013. I love the Customer Support and responsiveness above all. To be honest, the software itself has some kinks to work out in the transactions and reporting side. The service and convenience more than compensate for the progress the product still has to make. At the end of the day, I'm a single member LLC, and I love that this is a company I can trust to do my accounting and taxes. I have a really clear view of where my money is going across accounts, and when I do need a custom report, I get it fairly quickly.

Travis

Reviewed on 26/5/2017

Very Helpful. As a start-up, we need all the help we can get, especially with financial...

financial organization, everything in one place, friendly service, company that can handle us now matter how small we are or how big we become.

Pros

Easy to understand and intuitive. I like the fact that each expense and income source can be categorized.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 7/2/2017

I actually look forward to financial meetings!

I could not be happier or more impressed with the bookly team. They are wonderful to work with, really know what they're doing and have an amazing work ethic, while still managing to be calm, friendly and relaxing to work with. They keep coming to my financial rescue time and time again. They are also helping a complete procrastinator and slacker like myself get ahead of problems and truly be on top of my businesses finances. The most amazing part is how little time it is taking me to make that happen. They have streamlined the process and the amount of work required from me is minimal. i truly could not imagine finding a better financial service.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Nothing. It's amazing.

Julio
Julio
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

Best Investment I've Made since opening my Biz!

This year I feel a huge stress relief, the anxiety of getting my taxes done, finding a dependable accountant, not being charged for bad bookeeping, words can't describe how happy I am with my experience with KPMG SPARK!

Pros

I think what makes this software work are the accountants assigned to work with you. They are amazing at getting your businesses finances organized without the drama.

Cons

I wish I could approve access for my accountant to link to my financial accounts so that I didn't have to upload, download, statements, etc.

Reviewed on 29/1/2017

Very Efficient Bookkeeping

It's been 7 months with Bookly and so far I'm pleased with the service and the cost. The website is easy to use and the information detail makes it quick to find what you're looking for. Having a business and personal tax preparation included in the low fee is far better than the 4 previous bookkeeping services I've used. The value is unbeatable with the Bank of America discount.

Pros

It's easy to use from your smartphone or computer.

Cons

The desktop site isn't a Responsive Web Design that fits all screens, you have to scroll horizontally to view all your data.

Jesse

Reviewed on 2/8/2017

Great product that I would recommend to others.

Ease of use.

Pros

Quick access to reporting, whereas before, I had to email my bookkeeper and wait for several days before I could get the same reports. Also is something is miscategorized, there is easily functionality to recategorize the expense.

Cons

Sometimes there is some lead time to get questions/issues resolved. This has improved as both my bookkeeper Dora and myself have gotten accustomed to our needs.

Tegan

Reviewed on 20/6/2017

The team at booky has been friendly, accessible, and extremely helpful.

Pros

As a small business owner with very little accounting experience, it's nice to have someone who knows what they're doing keeping an eye on things without having to hire an accountant.

Cons

It's somewhat expensive, but not too expensive for the services provided. Also, it would be nice to be notified more regularly when there are questions about the account.