About Decimal

Decimal is an online bookkeeping solution that enables small business owners to handle accounts and track financials. Decimal also offers additional services including income tax return preparation, business licensing, and R&D...

Browse Decimal Reviews

Danielle
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 2/3/2017

Alas...I've been saved!!!!`

As a restaurant owner, I have no time (literally if i want to sleep!) to input all my sales/spending info so at the end of the month I can see where all my money went! This company syncs up to your bank account, gets your sales data and inputs everything so that I can see in one shot where my money is actually going and where I could use some help! Everyone that works over there has been so patient and helpful...I feel like God has finally answered my prayers! It's so easy and I mean we text back and forth!!! I don't have to answer phone calls and sit on phone sessions for hours to figure anything out..and if they have questions I answer them when I can!! I don't have to play phone tag to get my accountant on the phone! It's all done online. I do wish that they had a phone app (but they have assured me they are working on one!) This company has saved me and my tax accountant is so thankful for them!! They also do taxes but opted out of that for my business! In one sign in I can see what my business is worth and my net income. I use to do all this on my own but literally just have excel spreadsheets with data...and that's it nothing really to go on much other than totals for the week or the month! It wasn't telling me anything, I felt just more of wasting my time! This company uses everything; my spending, my income...categorizes it and then helps me see where I am spending too much and how it's affecting my overall net worth! I recommend this to everyone and anyone looking to streamline their business!

Pros

It's so easy to use and I love that we text back and forth!

Cons

I think it's more personal, but I do wish they would send me a text or an email when they ask me questions...otherwise I guess I need to just get into the habit of checking it more habitually!

Desmond

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

Amazing Serice

I’m having an Amazing experience wiht Bookly! If you’re looking for bookkeeping for your business, this is the best service that’s out there, and you can’t beat the price for the value they provide which is really a lot of value. They actually should charge more for the service, but I don’t mind paying the current fees. However, I’m sure they’ll increase the price in the future as that’s normal for any business. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get started NOW. You’ll thank yourself later, as you’ll more time to do what you do best in your own business.

Pros

Easy to use as the service connects directly to your account.
Weekly emails regarding your P&L
Easy to reach your accountant.
Affordable price.
Amazing support.
There’s so much more, I don’t have much time to list everything.

Cons

I don’t have any cons for Booky. The service has been so Amazing, I actually don’t have any cons.

Sumit

Reviewed on 2/8/2017

Had one of the worst experience with them, using their bookkeeping and tax filing services!

unnecessary stress, the thing I thought they would help solve with their service

Pros

- Supposedly cheaper than a traditional bookkeeper, but the amount of time you spend correcting them is not worth it.
- Friendly sales people, but poor problem solving skills. I had to follow up with them constantly to get work done.

Cons

Everything. They could not deliver what they promised. Over-promise, under-deliver should be their moto. Plus they have a gap in their tax filing process, but they would not own up to it. It has cost me more than IRS fees due to their oversight and mistake.

Top Decimal Alternatives

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Anita
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 5/6/2017

Bookly Makes Books Easy! I dreaded using other programs because I'm not the best with numbers.

Saved time by not spending hours trying to figure things out. Saved money not buying upgrades over and over for software that is too difficult to use. Saved my sanity by knowing that my books are correct at all times and having access to a real accountant everyday.

Pros

Automated and easy to keep up with monthly instead of waiting until the end of the year! Having a knowledgable accountant at my beck and call makes me feel confident that what I'm doing is correct always, and if I have a questions it is easily and quickly answered. I hated using other software programs like the one that just stopped supporting the version I was using because they want me to pay for another upgrade. With Bookly, there is no capital upgrade outlay, just a monthly fee that covers everything. I like the way the software pulls in my data in from my accounts and then my accountant just asks me simple questions about what the expense was for and then determines the correct category. I love the ease of being able to ask a question of my accountant and get an answer fast. I don't have to think about what I'm doing from day to day. I just login and see what our financial picture looks like. You won't find a software product with the simplicity and clarity than Bookly has. I love the weekly cash flow updates too. If Quickbooks or other programs are too difficult for you to use Bookly is your answer! It's far more valuable than the price charged. Peace of mind is priceless. I don't worry about receipts that I don't know what to do with. I just upload them and let my accountant handle it. It's like a Butler for your Books!

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Awesome easy way to handle horrible tedious but necessary accounting chores! It's fast and...

Peace of mind that things are do correctly, accurately, and my taxes will be done easily. Confidence in the abilities of the accountants, and that helps me rest assured. Time - I spend less time trying to figure out software I don't understand, and more time enjoying my life.

Pros

The "ask your accountant" feature. It makes it easy for me to ask about confusing expense categories. I also love that my accountant can ask me about things that are unclear to her too. I also love the simplicity of the software and how easy it is to use, download transactions directly from my bank, and upload receipts. It makes seeing the big picture easier. I've used it for nearly a year now, and I love,. Don't do any more work than you need to, just like Bookly.co get it done for you. I am for the first time in years not dreading tax time next year! It is so comforting to know that all our business finances are taken care of my knowledgeable, smart, thorough accountants. I do wish there was a scanning feature built-in, but that's not what the software does! It's okay that I have to scan in the receipts and then upload them, it just takes more time than I want to dedicate but I can even do it with my phone which is pretty convenient and cool. The software is so much better than using Quickbooks, especially Quickbooks for Mac. There is a huge learning curve with Quickbooks, and I'm not an accountant. With Bookly.co you don't need to be an accountant, or even pretend to be one! They take the pain out of small business accounting.

Reviewed on 10/3/2018

Easy to manage appointments

I have been maintaining business meeting with clients.

Pros

It provides an automatic tool for booking schedule with clients. We never worry to miss any meeting schedule. I always get touch with my business client through notification popup. We can easily add it to WordPress. It also saves my time and money.

Cons

It should show the previous schedule which we missed anyhow. I would like to more enhancements in GUI.

nana
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 13/2/2021

Online Accounting

Overall it is one of the best software i use. KPMG Spark makes my daily work pleasant.

Pros

KPMG Spark is suitable for me. It makes my job easier. it helps me to do daily tasks. I like that it gives me real-time visibility into incomes and expenses.

Cons

The software needs some trainings to use perfectly. It is a bit complicated. But on the other hand it's very functional.

Jay
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Great Tool For Small Business

Pros

Functionality and Ease of Setup for businesses

Cons

Banking Integration and Security of tools when using with mult-factor authentication

WILLIE

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Keeps Me Aware

Pros

I love that it syncs with my bank and on a weekly and monthly basis I know exactly what went on with my revenue. This allows me time to work on my business and not in it all the time.

Cons

Nothing to say at this time . I'm very pleased with this software.

Reviewed on 28/2/2018

Easy to manage online booking detail

Pros

It provide feature to book online tickets at low cost and also save our time. Easy to add reminders and notifications.

Cons

Over all it provide good services but it should reduce intially cost charges. Some time it show tickets in waiting status.

Cameron
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 1/3/2017

Accounting for a Farmer

Bookly has been very helpful so far for keeping track of my spending on maple syrup production. It is perfect for getting a look at my business as a whole. However, being able to take a more granular perspective to more easily sort out my different products and be able to attribute sales or expenses to certain clients or vendors as part of the transactions page.

Pros

Very easy to use for its purposes anf readily available support. Support and tax filing are main reasons I currently use this service.

Cons

Doesn't include as many features as I would like such as being able to separate transactions by product I manufacture or client or vendor. I want to be able to attach more data to each transaction and then sort through those transactions with more granular category such as "transportation costs for product a sold to clients A and B" or "equipment for product B"

Eddie
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Bookly is a great accountant to have

My corporate and personal taxes are consolidated under on platform and easy to access.

Pros

Simple, efficient and easy to use. I have access to all my personal and corporate taxes.

Cons

Takes out the one on one interaction with an actual accountant

Jeremy

Reviewed on 5/6/2017

Great Programs

Its all in one and easy to use.

Pros

I like how it has everything in one. I can do my invoicing and keep up with all my finances. I do a lot of work out of office and can keep up with all my billing and finances on my Ipad. I highly recommend the program

Cons

I have been trying to change the name of my company, I can't find how to do that. We renamed our company. I also am having problems downloading my bank account information into Bookly. I haven't contacted support yet.

Greg
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 27/1/2017

Overall very good product and experience

I love having everything I need to know about my business synced on their website and updated regularly. I have had some syncing issues that have not been resolved yet, but once resolved I feel it will be much smoother.

Pros

Online software is easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Syncing issues are frustrating.

Gregory

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

If you're serious about offering your services online for payment

Pros

If you're serious about offering your services online for payment We couldn't live without Bookly pretty much a requirement in our business will be getting ours are updated for years to come

Cons

Wouldn't mind if they would consolidate all the plug-ins into maybe a package to minimize the renewals

Kayla
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 19/4/2017

Love This Service!

My account specialist is fantastic. He answers by questions quickly and effectively solves any issues I may have. Customer service is always extremely friendly and helpful and the service takes a huge weight off of my shoulders.

Pros

Easy to navigate and easy to get help.

Cons

I would like to have more control over changing categorizations of transactions.

Alex
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Bookly has been great for our business

Showing our full accounting at the click of a button has been great.

Pros

What we like most is the ease of using it. Once all the accounts are synced, there is nothing major that we have to do to see up to the minute accounting.

Cons

We haven't had any negative experiences.

Kevin W

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Setup was quick and professional. For a small fee, they even reconstructed the previous two...

A reminder of why I need to use your system to solicit testimonials in the future.

Pros

In addition to being comprehensive, it is completely intuitive. There is effectively nothing to learn in order to be up and operating as soon as your accounts are linked.

Justin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 21/4/2017

Great Company!

When I first started my business, I tried to do the accounting on my own. Needless to say, after a short time I was in over my head. I shopped around and found Bookly and have never looked back. From their price to their customer service, I have never once felt like I wasn't being taken care of. I would recommend to anyone who needs online accounting to look no further. Go with Bookly!

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive and never down for maintenance.

Cons

Nothing that I have experienced so far.

roben

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Excellent bookkeeping website that helps keep my small business humming .

Pros

Its soooo easy to use and run reports. It almost runs itself. One click and you can run and print an important financial report in 10 seconds or less

Cons

I wish there was a cash flow report that could be run as easily as a balance sheet. Also the Barclays Mastercard does not sync so constantly have to send in hard copies on excel to have actual person input the data.

Hristo

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Bookly gives me more confidence and peace of mind

I can rely on bookly. When I speak with my business advisor and she asks for some data, I can turn to bookly and they will provide it in no time. I love that

Pros

I love the software but the live support is unmatched

Cons

So far I love it but I think knowing more details about how our business runs and creating more loop holes for tax savings would be best

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

KMPG Spark/Bookly is a Powerful Small Business Tool

Pros

I am a small business owner, and the financial/accounting side of things are not my strong suit. KMPG has been extremely helpful with their Bookly service. I love the ability to text them a question through my phone and get a detailed answer back quickly.

Cons

Their software is constantly improving, but at the moment it's a little bit of a work-in-progress when it comes to design and ease of use compared to some of their competitors.

Jesse

Reviewed on 2/8/2017

Great product that I would recommend to others.

Ease of use.

Pros

Quick access to reporting, whereas before, I had to email my bookkeeper and wait for several days before I could get the same reports. Also is something is miscategorized, there is easily functionality to recategorize the expense.

Cons

Sometimes there is some lead time to get questions/issues resolved. This has improved as both my bookkeeper Dora and myself have gotten accustomed to our needs.

Kevin
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 11/3/2019

KPMG SPARK

I have had trouble finding a good cpa and book keeping here in town. They are all so busy and I felt like a small cog in a big wheel. With KPMG I have a book keeper that I am building a relationship with and we have quick turn around on all the issues presented so far. I finally feel like my business matters.

Pros

I like the ease and quickness of the software.

Cons

At this time, I don't have anything I dislike.

Reviewed on 20/7/2018

Used this for a short period of time on our company website.

Pros

This software was easy to set up and it's easy to create several different forms for your website. There are different functions that you can set up.

Cons

It took some time to figure out how to customize these forms to look exactly like I wanted them to. We ended up going with a different form company because of this.