8x8 Work Reviews

About 8x8 Work

Experience seamless collaboration with 8x8 Work. 8x8 Work is an all-in-one collaboration hub for phone, video, and messaging. It brings robust and secure unified communication and collaboration experiences to every employee,...

3.9
4.1
3.7

Browse 8x8 Work Reviews

Ashley
Ashley
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

Perfect Business Phone System!!

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

Pros

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

Cons

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Response from 8X8

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 8x8. Thanks for sharing!

Replied 20/12/2021
Ralph
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

Great product - wouldn't want to be without it.

In general, I have been very happy with 8x8, and would not want to be without it.

Pros

Easy to use, dependable, and administering the system is one of the simplest I have done. .

Cons

Nothing comes to mind; I have no suggestions.

Reasons for Choosing 8x8 Work

Call recording is included with 8x8.

Reasons for Switching to 8x8 Work

Again, ease of use, simple administration, and free call recording.

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Basilio

Reviewed on 19/3/2024

Great System

Pros

The flexibility and ease of use of 8x8 is a definite plus for those looking for a robust but easy to setup/maintain a hosted system. The call quality is consistently incredibly good.

Cons

I've only helped implement the system a few times and have not encountered any cons.

Response from 8X8

Hi Basilio, thank you for leaving a review. It's great to hear you find 8x8 easy to use and the call quality excellent. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Replied 20/3/2024

Top 8x8 Work Alternatives

Samantha
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 22/9/2023

8x8 Nightmare

Horribly unreliable, inconsistent and no one is responding to our emails. The system its self worked okay without the integration but the inaccurate billing is wild to me.

Pros

The ease of use was all that we appreciated of 8x8.

Cons

- The fact that they could not integrate as they said they could into Litify. - They were double billing us. Charging us yearly and then monthly and then constantly trying to reimburse and then recharge our cc again. - During this time, I was communicating with 8x8 and it was a slow process, and they decided that they should shut our phones off. I called and they turned them back on saying they saw the conversations regarding the charges and that it wont happen again until it is resolved. A week later they shut them off again and told me that I had to pay the whole year off even though they owed me 3k still and we had not ironed out the billing. So they said we had to pay fine. They couldn't take my payment over the phone and it was an absolute joke. Couldn't turn it back on with my money but couldn't take our money. Interesting, right? - They told us they were going to reimburse our 9k that they charged and we have yet to receive the refund even though our rep told us they were going to credit us back. He is now unresponsive to me as well.

Wayne
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 19/3/2024

Easy Implementation

Pros

This product was easy to implement and training of staff was made easy with lots online KB videos.

Cons

There is nothing negative I can say about the product.

Response from 8X8

Hi Wayne, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you found 8x8 easy to implement and use. Thank you for choosing 8x8!

Replied 20/3/2024
Aaron

Reviewed on 7/7/2020

Very Happy with Service

Very easy migration and porting of numbers from other previous providers.

Pros

Very easy to use, their app is phenomenal. Pricing can't be beat. Easy set up guide to re-provision our existing phones to 8x8.

Cons

None that I have found in the six plus months since we've made the switch over to 8x8. Couldn't be happier!

Thomas
Thomas

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

8x8 has some work that needs to be done

Pros

Their customer service was extremely helpful and very nice

Cons

When working with the sales rep when initially purchasing this plan we were told several things that were unfortunately not able to be completed. From the beginning we constantly had issues from our soft phones not working to our best phones restarting randomly

Response from 8X8

Dear Thomas, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at [email protected]. We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Replied 24/10/2022
Ivan
Ivan

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail

virtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.

Pros

I like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.

Cons

The price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.

Shelby
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 23/6/2023

8x8 Fair Review

Pros

A simple, and easy system to use 8x8 has been very useful for the business to ensure communications. The system was set up into our polycom telephones systems by our IT team simply and easily.The app and lay out of the system is easy to use.

Cons

The call transfer was not straight forward unless you were trained to do so.

Aywad
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 29/6/2023

8x8 In Transportation

Pros

8x8 allowed us to make quick calls 24/7 which is important when it comes to the logistics and transportation industry. The software is intuituve and easy to use and the calls always go smoothly with no interference.

Cons

Sometimes the web version of 8x8 woukd not work unless switched to the beta version

Cheryl

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load.

I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready?

I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly.

The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team.

You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.

Pros

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

Cons

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

Joshua
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/10/2023

Needs Help

Probably one of the biggest headaches I have had to deal with with a vendor. Literally almost cost me my job. The only reason I was able to save my job was my documentation.

Pros

There really was not anything I liked about 8x8. I am no longer using as result. When I attempted to give them the right to keep my business, they did not compete but tried vehemently to continually lock me back into my contract.

Cons

8x8 does not even compare to the lowest on the market. When I took over an IT department, part of my duties was to locate a new VoIP service. 8x8 was the service at the time. Calls were constantly mixed up, they do not have a queue, they can not facilitate even the easiest of call centers, and there is no reporting. The support is impossible to deal with. They require a 90 day cancellation notice, when I was with 8x8 i notified them 5 months before contract cancellation, after the cancellation was completed 2 months later they tried to bill me again for the annual fee. It took 6 months of arguing and showing them the documents to get them to agree. Email chains and everything. If you are a customer, document everything, especially if you are planning on leaving. Their customer support is impossible to talk to and the only way to get anything taken care of is to use their chat feature, but it never works.

Howard
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 15/9/2023

Run away from this Company

When we cancelled our service, they admitted they owed us over $9000.00, but have refused to refund our money. Their service team was not able to fix our technical issues. There are much better phone companies out there. Just do not choose this one.

Pros

Not much. The Cons out-way the Pros. The phone units they provided work, sometimes.

Cons

They lied. They said that they can integrate. But they can't. Do not believe the sales people. They will tell you what you want to hear and not the capabilities of the system.

Keyana

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

8x8 is especially useful when employees are working from home and need to be accessible to...

Pros

Without this software - particularly, its mobile app - it would not be possible for me to work from home ever. With the app, I am able to keep in touch with clients by phone, without them ever having access to my personal cell phone number or even knowing that I'm not actually in the office. The call quality is sometimes even better than that of my Verizon cell phone quality, which says a lot. I am continuously surprised and pleased by how clear and loud each call is, even when clients are calling from a mobile line.

Cons

The desktop app and website could use a refresh. They're both easy enough to navigate, but are a bit dated in appearance. In terms of functionality, I find that the mobile app will sometimes "time out" when I start using another program, and I realize once I'm back in the office that I've missed a call or two. I've had that happen on two different cell phones, so I'm certain it's 8x8 and not anything I'm doing. That's obviously a major con for the software, so a bug like that needs to not happen ever.

Ron
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

How I use 8x8 telephone systems

We had 8x8 and made the mistake of switching vendors. that was 3 month disaster. We came flying back to 8x8.

Pros

Ease of use and prompt follow up serice

Cons

there is no pure answer to that question.

Business VoiceEdge

Reasons for Choosing 8x8 Work

Cost, efficient service. We were not happy with Bellsouth and try as they may it just made matters worst. switched to 8X8 and it was seamless and made our crew happy.

Reasons for Switching to 8x8 Work

answered already

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Katja
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Buggy but Simple to Use!

8x8 is pretty simple and easy to navigate. It satisfies all of the basic requirements for our call center, albeit with a few bugs. Overall, however, there are a large number of pros that outweigh the cons.

Pros

8x8 is very easy to use. Training new employees to use the app for calling and texting is very straight-forward and requires minimal instruction. It also satisfies the majority of our duties in the call center.

Cons

Sometimes calls come in and the notification is delayed or there is no audio notification. I also wish there were a way for users to block individual callers than having to ask our IT department to block their numbers. Sometimes the audio sequence is not initialized and there is no discernible audio. Finally, connecting bluetooth headphones to the app is also more complicated than it should be.

Response from 8X8

Dear Katja, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at [email protected]. We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Replied 24/10/2022
Ray
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

8X8 ease of use the X Series

One of the most important business solution the X series provide for us, the lack of a need for an operator. For a small business this cut down on the cost.

Pros

There are several features of the X series which is very impactful for my operation. The auto-attendant is great because it captures the call and route it to the correct person limiting the need for a operator which is great for small business. Another feature which the organization like is the open and close features which we use the voice recorder to instruct the client if we are open or close.

Cons

This voice recorder can sound mechanical, yet it works for us.

Alicha
Alicha
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

A perfect 10

I've had the pleasure of interacting more with 8x8 over the last year, after submitting my story for last year's contest. I have to say that I do not have a vendor that accepts and gives as much feedback as this one does. I run a team of account managers who are given company laptops and cell phones to be available after hours. Thanks to the 8x8 software and app, we are able to keep up with all communications, even when we're not in the office. This ability is absolutely invaluable to us. On top of this, as a manager I use the 8x8 reporting tools to show my leadership team how productive my agents are. Being able to show value in my department's work is invaluable to me as a leader. All in all, I am neither highly technical nor IT; but as an end user, I can truthfully say that I truly appreciate this company and its product. I and my team would not be able to do our jobs without it.

Pros

Ease of use; ease of access; remote access

Cons

I have honestly not found anything I dislike about this app

Tim
Tim

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

The sales team was awesome, the phone service itself is a 7 out of 10, Support 0 of 10. Awful

Lots of time lost, ineffective analysis, a poor decision overall.

Pros

It was priced competitively, they allowed us to purchase equipment over a 12 month period. They promised live reporting and analytics.

Cons

The reports never matched. Never. The analytics misses days of data, the request for support is nonexistent. They only tell you someone will get back to you in 48-72 hours. That never happens. We have been a client for more than 18 months. Not one item resolved. The use a call center with people reading scripts, and have zero technology ability to resolve or even answer questions. It is costing our company lot of amount to switch to another company, not considering the man hours to switch. We are so disappointed.

Tatyanna
Tatyanna
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Very Convenient!

Overall I love 8x8 I truly enjoy the conference calls, the fact I can arrange calls choose the host for other people not only myself! I arrange for my boss to have calls, I receive real time confirmation as to who accepts the invite to join her conference call as well! 8x8 is very convenient, when I hover over an employee's name I am able to tell if they are away, busy , or available. I am also supplied with extension and direct dial. I highly recommend this program, especially for businesses with multiple offices.

Pros

I have caller ID on my computer when a call comes through.
It offers the option to video chat.
I am able to schedule calls for my director. The calls have the option to be recurring!
Super Cool features!

Cons

I do not like that the software rings my computer and my phone simultaneously. There probably is a feature to disable however.
I also do not like that when I forward my calls, I do not have a caller Id to know that I am receiving a forwarded call from the office. However, again this could be user error and or my phone's setting. :)

Reviewed on 16/7/2021

Easy telephone use

The benefits are quite simple. You can have the app downloaded on a device and be mobile while not having to use a cell number. When you want to not take calls (perhaps when business hours are closed), simply log off the app and you have your phone/tablet/laptop/computer back to it's normal self. Easy to use, quite reliable and a must for small businesses.

Pros

It is excellent for small businesses who don't want to have a landline physical phone or who like to move around with their laptop and not run to the phone every time it rings.

Cons

Not particularly outstanding vs other virtual/telephone applications. Occasionally buggy. Relies solely on internet, so if you do not have a reliable connection, it will not be a good primary phone.

Response from 8X8

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review.

Replied 20/12/2021
kim

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

Perfect Product for our needs

I would recommend them highly for businesses.

Pros

After much research we went with 8x8. Their customer support and ease of use was the deciding factor. After getting everything was imported I had 90 days of unlimited support. They helped me set up the call flows and explained all the terminology that you need to know when going digital.

Cons

We wanted to add out on music on hold. as I have different music for different lines, after much searching by both myself ans support it was determined that the system does not allow for this.

Gaurav
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 24/9/2020

Lots of Spam calls

Overall experience is good but I think still has to catchup with other products in the maret.

Pros

Good lightweight application works seamlessly on both Apple iPhone and windows laptop along with VOIP.

Cons

Lots of spam calls everyday. Not sure how to get rid of them. I generally keep on mute mode to avoid the incoming calls.

Angela
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 26/9/2018

Decent Service, Terrible Customer Service

It's pretty sad when the call center you contact for service can't get in touch with your account rep or his supervisor for over a week.

Pros

Decent service for internet calling. Web application is fairly easy to navigate unless you're looking for customer service or tech support.

Cons

Customer service/tech support department don't communicate with each other and so one doesn't know what the other is doing or has done. Sales Rep/Account Manager is very, very hard to get in touch with but that is who I am always directed to call...

Ronda
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Almost there

We are a small, mostly mobile company, so the ability to be seen as a cohesive unit is a great value proposition for us.
Be warned to know when your anniversary date on your contract is, they will roll it over without warning and you cannot change it until the anniversary date.

Pros

The option for our associates to work from anywhere and seem to the client like they are at the office is key and is one of the BEST features about this software.

Cons

The setup is relatively easy, but the costs associated are not easily communicated to the business.