8x8 X Series Reviews

About 8x8 X Series

8x8 X Series is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses of all sizes establish communication via text messaging, voice calls and video conferencing. The team messaging module lets employees create project-specific public and...

3.8
3.6

Browse 8x8 X Series Reviews

Ashley
Ashley
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

Perfect Business Phone System!!

We absolutely love 8x8 virtual office, we do not see a world where we would switch to a different phone software. If you are looking for a seamless phone software look no further!

Pros

8x8 virtual office is awesome! There are so many cool features to this software. We have used 8x8 for over 5 years now, customer service has always been super helpful if we ever had any issues or questions. Purchasing new phones for new employees is a breeze, and setting everything up is always straight forward! What more can you ask for? We also love that virtual office has the chat feature, we utilize this daily to chat with all of the employees. We also love that there is a app, all of the employees have this app on their phone and have been using it like their desk phone during this COVID work from home time.

Cons

there are sometimes some delays, but very rarely is there any issues!

Response from 8X8

We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 8x8. Thanks for sharing!

Replied 20/12/2021
Anthony "Tony"
Anthony "Tony"

Reviewed on 10/12/2016

Best VoIP

We have started a landscape and hardscape business in Houston recently. Just a small family owned organization with big dreams. In researching a phone option, I found 8X8 to be the exact match that we were looking for. The cost was low and keeps us going, but the features are the best. In the world of cellular phones, I have a personalized 8X8 auto-attendant message answering calls, and with a press of one button, customers and vendors get connected to the person or department that they need. No more answering and hanging around the phone at the office. Voice mail messages are emailed to me. I can listen and forward the voice mail to whom I need to handle the situation. They don't have to dial in or anything. The message is an attachment. Also, I get to set business hours, set messages, and control the phone system from an app and the website. The app also allows me to answer the lines and monitor things from anywhere with internet service or cellular internet. A great option and system for my company and I.

Pros

Ease of use, and I can adapt it to my needs whenever I want. The list is long: Record your voice mail message for different situations. Set your auto attendant to direct calls to your employees. Voice mail messages emailed to you. Forward voice mail through email. Make changes through the app or online. Answer your phone thorough the app...You don't have to be in the office to answer the office phone. We have bus, ness cards with one number and let the auto attendant direct the call. Best cost I found for office systems. And you can expand it.

Cons

I have found none. The system works great and gives me access to things like voice mail messages emailed to me. So, I can listen to voice mail right then and there. No need to call in and punch numbers to get a voice mail message.

Samantha
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 22/9/2023

8x8 Nightmare

Horribly unreliable, inconsistent and no one is responding to our emails. The system its self worked okay without the integration but the inaccurate billing is wild to me.

Pros

The ease of use was all that we appreciated of 8x8.

Cons

- The fact that they could not integrate as they said they could into Litify. - They were double billing us. Charging us yearly and then monthly and then constantly trying to reimburse and then recharge our cc again. - During this time, I was communicating with 8x8 and it was a slow process, and they decided that they should shut our phones off. I called and they turned them back on saying they saw the conversations regarding the charges and that it wont happen again until it is resolved. A week later they shut them off again and told me that I had to pay the whole year off even though they owed me 3k still and we had not ironed out the billing. So they said we had to pay fine. They couldn't take my payment over the phone and it was an absolute joke. Couldn't turn it back on with my money but couldn't take our money. Interesting, right? - They told us they were going to reimburse our 9k that they charged and we have yet to receive the refund even though our rep told us they were going to credit us back. He is now unresponsive to me as well.

Top 8x8 X Series Alternatives

Swapnil
Swapnil

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Easy to set up and easy to use VOIP phone system

Modernized our 8-year-old phone systems. Easy to use for the young crowd.

Pros

1. Ease of setup of physical phones in the office
2. Cloud management and cloud access with adequate permissions to everyone
3. I love the Fax feature as we have to send out faxes to old-school customers and/or government agencies. This fax feature is similar to uploading documents in an email.
4. I love the voicemail to email feature too. When there are a lot of voicemails, instead of going through multiple messages serially, you can just open email to hear it on your phone or PC.
5. Their call forwarding feature is great too. When you are not on the phone, or when management is at some conference, they get their calls on their cell phones if needed.

Cons

1. The phone ethernet line has to go through your PC. So every time you restart your PC/shutdown your PC, the phone restarts.

2. I had initial privacy concerns due to the line going through the PC. We agreed to it due to the reputation of the company.

Alicha
Alicha
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 8/12/2016

A perfect 10

I've had the pleasure of interacting more with 8x8 over the last year, after submitting my story for last year's contest. I have to say that I do not have a vendor that accepts and gives as much feedback as this one does. I run a team of account managers who are given company laptops and cell phones to be available after hours. Thanks to the 8x8 software and app, we are able to keep up with all communications, even when we're not in the office. This ability is absolutely invaluable to us. On top of this, as a manager I use the 8x8 reporting tools to show my leadership team how productive my agents are. Being able to show value in my department's work is invaluable to me as a leader. All in all, I am neither highly technical nor IT; but as an end user, I can truthfully say that I truly appreciate this company and its product. I and my team would not be able to do our jobs without it.

Pros

Ease of use; ease of access; remote access

Cons

I have honestly not found anything I dislike about this app

Joshua
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 25/10/2023

Needs Help

Probably one of the biggest headaches I have had to deal with with a vendor. Literally almost cost me my job. The only reason I was able to save my job was my documentation.

Pros

There really was not anything I liked about 8x8. I am no longer using as result. When I attempted to give them the right to keep my business, they did not compete but tried vehemently to continually lock me back into my contract.

Cons

8x8 does not even compare to the lowest on the market. When I took over an IT department, part of my duties was to locate a new VoIP service. 8x8 was the service at the time. Calls were constantly mixed up, they do not have a queue, they can not facilitate even the easiest of call centers, and there is no reporting. The support is impossible to deal with. They require a 90 day cancellation notice, when I was with 8x8 i notified them 5 months before contract cancellation, after the cancellation was completed 2 months later they tried to bill me again for the annual fee. It took 6 months of arguing and showing them the documents to get them to agree. Email chains and everything. If you are a customer, document everything, especially if you are planning on leaving. Their customer support is impossible to talk to and the only way to get anything taken care of is to use their chat feature, but it never works.

Kurt
Kurt

Reviewed on 3/4/2019

I hope you speak Filipino or Tagalog.

Very poor service. Their call center is based in the Philippines and a huge language/sentence structure barrier exists. Every level o support you are transferred to you have to explain yourself multiple multiple times. It is exhaustive and a giant time vacuum. Their administration dashboard is very easy to navigate, but there are 2 to 3 different administration portals that you can access for reporting or analytics, but they contradict. It is almost impossible to figure out individual rep information and the logic in what they display is tied to useless information or information that leads the viewer down the wrong path and can cause a lot of confusion. There is minimal to no support for Mac OS users (we use both Mac and PC) and the versions don't talk to each-other. So our Mac users can not communicate via their chat-ap with our PC users. Overall, its system 'works', but God forbid if anything breaks or you need to expand or anything more complicated than a basic phone ring group needs to be set up. Be prepared to set aside an afternoon at minimum to try and accomplish anything.

Pros

Response time from support is quick. Online self service portal is a good source of info as well.

Cons

Support language barrier, limited or no Mac OS support, Overly complex reporting features and analytics.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 3/7/2023

8x8

I use this app every day making more than 100 calls per day, for sure i will recomend this app

Pros

Easy to use, very friendly app , good connection and good quality in the calls also in the call recording you have the advantage to use it in your pc and in your smartphone

Cons

It will need a good internet speed to be more stable also if you are logged in your pc and smarphone if you receive an inbound both will ring at the same time pc and smartphone

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 29/6/2023

Easy and friendly Software.

Excellent tool to help with the traffic of calls within company and place outbound calls to follow up on this business. Great tool to follow up internally with each agent/worker.

Pros

Upload picture, personalize theme and the call recording option. If I couldn't hear or understand a part of the conversation I am able to go back and listen to it.

Cons

The only thing I would say is that the ring tone is not friendly at all. You should have more options for ringtone. I've tried the other one that it has and it is awful.

Sc
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/5/2023

8x8 review

To be fair, I have yet to use 8x8 for meetings or messages, but it has been very helpful with calls and voicemails.

Pros

I like the easy to use nature that allowed me to quickly use it for my more simplistic needs.

Cons

Not a whole lot really, so far 8x8 has effectively met my needs.

Cheryl

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

Why Broadband Phones for Offices?

Why do I like this company? Not only do I like this company I have a great relationship with working from my office phones and using this wonderful broadband phone company. Now wait, no landlines in my office. No landlines. I was able to work with this team and duplicate my office phones and place them in my home as well. I do a lot of cloud technology for our Dental office and it is important to have a phone system that can pull the load.

I love the fact that I have an automated attendant that can play any message I record on it. I can custom fit it to our office and place any message I want our patients to hear. Now lets get down to the flexibility of this phone system. Ready?

I can answer calls from a phone, on the computer, on an app on my cell phone anywhere. This company has the ability to track any call that comes in. If a patient does not leave a message I can still get in touch with them to help them out. New people calling in also can get a call back even if they do not leave a message. Now you say if you had a big staff you would not need to have to call them back you would answer the phone. True, but I save on staff salary, and possible lack of staff motivation this way. I roll the money back into the practice. If I am doing office work in another location and it is after hours I am still able to monitor the calls and call them right back. If it is an emergency they can get scheduled very quickly.

The team at 8x8.com can customize your phone needs for any size office. They were able to help me out when I needed a fax machine very quickly lets, say in the next two hours. I still remember that day that I called my sales rep out in the West Coast about 6:30 am and he went far and beyond to help our company set up a broadband fax machine. He grabbed his coffee and within 2 hours my fax machine was up and running. This helped our patient with keeping an appointment that they need to go to and not have to reschedule. The office that sprang the surprise on us was quick to note how fast our team came threw. 8X8.com is part of our team because I feel that we are on the same team.

You will not get a better team working for you when it comes to your phone needs. This team is BAA compliant for medical and dental offices. Also not just medical and dental but for insurance companies, accountants and many other offices that fit into HIPPA compliance. Love working with their technology team when I need to change anything on my phone system. These guys are great to work with and I guess that is why we have been going strong with them now since 2014.

Pros

The 8x8 team is the best. Great technology and great customer support!

Cons

Our office has been with 8x8 from February of 2014 and has had no reason to change to another company.

Joel

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

I Recommend 8x8 All the Time!

I work with a lot of different companies and help them choose a variety of software and technology vendors. Normally when we are replacing phone systems I look at 8x8 as one of my top three choices for each client. So far we have only had one client where it wasn't a fit due to the large number of lines they needed 8x8 to manage and the cost associated with that. Overall every client I have connected with 8x8 has ended up loving them. The service is excellent as long as you have stable Internet and their customer service is outstanding.

Pros

- Feature rich VoIP system for low monthly cost per line
- Get discounts the more lines you add
- Offers virtual soft phones for no additional cost
- Solid variety of physical office phones to choose from; phones come pre-programmed just plug them in and they work
- Call management and users can be edited from the portal easily
- Very reliable servers and service
- Offers free testing tool to see how well your Internet and network would handle their service
- Port your existing numbers and add new ones

Cons

- Completely dependent on your Internet connection; if you have bad or spotty Internet your phone call quality will be poor
- If you have a lot of numbers to port over (more than 100 or 1000 for a call center) their per number port fees are higher than other providers even at the discounts

Joel
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Simple to use phone system management

The biggest benefit gained is simple incoming and outgoing call management. I have over 70 clients who could call at any given time and it is important to be able to easily view any missed calls/voicemails/text messages so that I can return the calls. I've found 8x8's service to be more than satisfactory, especially considering the price point.

Pros

The visual layout of this application is intuitive and easy to use. It is easy to mange incoming and outgoing phone calls from my desktop. I also appreciate how easy it is to add contacts as they call in. The application provides handy desktop notifications which allow me to stay on top of any missed calls/voicemails/text messages I missed while I am away from my business phone.

Cons

This application can be a bit of a resource hog. My computer is a few years old already and runs it just fine but anything older would cause me concern. If you do not restart your computer periodically, the application can start to have issues showing notifications. I've begun restarting my computer every 3-4 days (for reasons including 8x8 software and more) and have not seen the issue since.

Ganesh
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 18/8/2018

Best Communication Software

small UI mistakes make it look bad, But overall a good product.

Pros

Best softphone services with multiple changeable numbers, Its the best virtual office with multiple features when compared to its competitors. It also provides visual voicemails, phone directory, corporate directory, instant messaging, presence, video calling, fax, call recording, web conferencing and many more.

Cons

There aren't many cons I faced. The con that I feel is with instant messaging.
When you and your colleague are using virtual office and there is a new update and if your colleague updates the software and if you didn't then neither of your would be able to communicate, until you both are on the same version of the software.
When you add a new unknown number to chat and didn't send any kind of text to that number and you suddenly switched to another chat, BOOM then you won't be able to find that number, you need to add that number again. (Only in New updated UI version)

These are some of the minor Cons I faced in my everyday usage

Katja
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Buggy but Simple to Use!

8x8 is pretty simple and easy to navigate. It satisfies all of the basic requirements for our call center, albeit with a few bugs. Overall, however, there are a large number of pros that outweigh the cons.

Pros

8x8 is very easy to use. Training new employees to use the app for calling and texting is very straight-forward and requires minimal instruction. It also satisfies the majority of our duties in the call center.

Cons

Sometimes calls come in and the notification is delayed or there is no audio notification. I also wish there were a way for users to block individual callers than having to ask our IT department to block their numbers. Sometimes the audio sequence is not initialized and there is no discernible audio. Finally, connecting bluetooth headphones to the app is also more complicated than it should be.

Response from 8X8

Dear Katja, we regret the inconvenience caused. To help us understand the problem in detail, please share your contact details at [email protected]. We would be more than happy to assist you. Best Regards.

Replied 24/10/2022
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 18/4/2018

Great for the price though a little clunky

all the benefits of a complex multi line phone system with none of the cost, maintenance or headache.

Pros

8x8's Virtual office has made it easy to setup our own VOIP phone system without an in house IT guy. It allows us to have multiple lines, mailboxes and to customize our phone system to make it easier for both employees and our customers calling in. It is great that we can easily update extension number, greetings and voicemail messages on the fly. Also, the cell phone app and the ability to take my office extension on the go is wonderful.

Cons

The interface for desktop in particular seems old and outdated. It is not always easy to find what you need. The App for cell phone has vastly improved over the years and has become much easier to use, it would be nice to see the website follow suit.

Kimberly

Reviewed on 19/9/2019

8x8 Business Use

Overall, as long none of the 'cons' above are happening, it functions just fine!

Pros

- I use the phone app for 8x8 so when I work remotely, I can take work calls.
- I use the desktop application when I'm in the office to see who's on calls.
- Pretty easy to change internal ring groups.

Cons

- Frequently have to re-download the desktop application because it will start locking up, or showing co-workers on their phones, when they are not.
- Frequently have to re-boot deskphone because 8x8 will show I have / don't have voicemails when I have / don't have any.

Connie
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 20/7/2021

Great for those who are not always at desk phone

Great tool to have - especially if you work remotely a lot. But, it’s also handy to have if you move around in office and not always at desk phone.

Pros

Ease of mobility so I can take calls from ANYWHERE! Love that I can take call from desk phone, app on my mobile or thru app on computer- whichever is most convenient at the time.

Cons

Although, I do like the video conference feature sometimes it does glitch. Also, if app on computer desktop is not open then you don’t get chat messages or in coming calls. I have it to automatically open when I start computer but sometimes accidentally close it.

Response from 8X8

We are so grateful for your review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us!

Replied 20/12/2021
Sheryl

Reviewed on 8/2/2020

Reliable

Pros

Reliable
Easy to use and maintain
Easy to add and remove users as well

Cons

The call queue gets stuck sometimes and it shows a call on hold for like 15 minutes even when there's no one in the queue. I wish I could control the volume of just the ringer and also modify the ringtones. I wish the caller ID would show the name as well as the number. It would be nice if I could make the page slimmer, I like to keep it on the right side monitor and all the way to the right so I can also have an internet window open but it will not allow me to make the window less than 5 inches wide.

kim

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

Perfect Product for our needs

I would recommend them highly for businesses.

Pros

After much research we went with 8x8. Their customer support and ease of use was the deciding factor. After getting everything was imported I had 90 days of unlimited support. They helped me set up the call flows and explained all the terminology that you need to know when going digital.

Cons

We wanted to add out on music on hold. as I have different music for different lines, after much searching by both myself ans support it was determined that the system does not allow for this.

Ivan
Ivan

Reviewed on 18/1/2018

We use 8x8 to manage our business phone and voicemail

virtual phone system that manages our voicemail, multiple lines, and mutliple numbers.

Pros

I like 8x8 because it has some modern features like sending an email with voice recording of your messages.

Cons

The price is high compared to the function of the service. It limits your voicemail so you can only store about 30 messages before you have to login and delete them. The user interface is very complicated. Took me forever to figure out how to update my credit card on file because I can't tell how to login to the admin from the personal phone account.

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

great for offices of 5-15

our experience was mixed.
At the start of the service, it was great. We had a small group of number and users.
as our company grew, the service could not keep up with our needs and the changing communications environment (video conference integration)

Pros

Great software to use for smaller to mid-size offices
limited functionality means there is less to mess-up

Cons

Several outages that impacted their support group and our phones
limited functionality when it came to routing calls across groups and attempting to integrate video conferencing equipment

jarmi

Reviewed on 30/6/2018

get in touch with all coworkers and clients faster than ever

Pros

Before i started to use this app i haved a slow perfomance when i try to keeped in touch with my team becouse we live in diferent areas, but when we find this app, things change, now we can keep in touch all the time any moment, just like we were together. the software run on multiple plataforms so we dont have to adap to the software. The tools to integrate all the team members in one screen, i love it

Cons

the price is a little to hig for smalls bussines. Altough works in multiple plataforms, the perfomance tends to change depends on wich system you are, for example: In iOS system works great but in Android divices some times get bugged

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

Great software

8x8 has made working from home much more seamless than it would otherwise have been. It's a fantastic replacement for a desk phone as it has much better features for meetings and also video calls.

Pros

Great for calls and meetings, I can be anywhere and receive calls on my office number. Ideal for mobile and home workers, all you need is a headset. Very reliable too.

Cons

Cons? I can't think of a single one! Features are great and it's easy to use.

Sabrina

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

Reliable and easy to set up

Pros

It's a very easy and helpful way to communicate with customers. Very reliable, not many times had I had to contact support. Great features and options: web, desktop and phone app. Good sound and call quality.

Cons

Their customer support could be improved.

Response from 8X8

Hi Sabrina! We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone. Have a nice day ahead!

Replied 5/10/2022