Workday Adaptive Planning Reviews

About Workday Adaptive Planning

Workday Adaptive Planning is the only native-cloud planning solution that empowers finance to configure sophisticated, driver-based models with ease, analyze unlimited scenarios on the fly, and use AI and machine learning (ML) to...

4.2

Browse Workday Adaptive Planning Reviews

Reviewed on 1/3/2016

Adaptive provides meaningful insight into our financial data!

Using Adaptive is a great experience! It's easy to learn, and once you try it, you will love it. I can forecast monthly , quarterly or whenever I like. Because my operational metrics, which drive our revenues and expenses, are also in Adaptive, I feel we get closer to our actual's each month. We have simplified our monthly reporting process from 6 days, to about an hour and a half. That extra time can be used to analyze the data, which is much more rewarding than ticking and tying numbers to a report. Our dashboard is solid and tells a story for our leaders. I love it!

Pros

Ease of use
Speed (refreshing and processing)
Automatic load of our financial data using a connector
Office Connect - an excel add in that allows me to run my financials in an instant
Adaptive Insights support personnel are amazing! I get a call back very quickly if I have a problem, and I don't feel like I'm being rushed when I ask other questions

Cons

The sheets, which display our data across time, would be fantastic if I could add a YTD column anywhere I like.

I would like to see my sheets display some simple graphs, which would allow me to display trends pictorially while reviewing with my customers.

Krystyna

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

Adaptive Insights impresses even more than expected

Pros

Our employees were used to working with Excel spreadsheets. We considered such an approach not completely effective, so our choice turned next to Adaptive Insights. There are no restrictions on the size of the documents. This program is synchronized with other applications, including such important for us solutions like SAP and Oracle. We like the high accuracy of the reports we can create on the tool’s base. It is also important that all data are in one place and don’t require much effort for their processing and analysis. Adaptive Insights is a multifunctional tool with a robust and well-thought-out suite of features. This application allows our employees to track finances, budgets, sales, resources, and labor contribution. With its help, our company’s managers are also able to collect divergent data, make various kinds of reports, build models, and make optimal business decisions.

Cons

It would be better if Adaptive Insights had an opportunity to filter for specific months while working with spreadsheets. This lack of functionality makes our work a bit confusing sometimes. We wouldn’t mind adding more advanced features to the planning tools as well. We believe it would behoove this product if it had several tutorial videos on how to use it to the full extent. Even though we find this tool user-friendly, it doesn’t mean at all that it is so for every company.

Lauren

Reviewed on 27/2/2018

Direct Integration with netsuite

Pros

- direct integration with netsuite
-ease of use once established
-maintains various types of data including personnel information and financial reporting

Cons

- inability to run reporting on one entity (only runs in consolidation)
- inability to modify reports without creating a new report
- functionality to drill into detail is hit or miss

Top Workday Adaptive Planning Alternatives

Brad
Brad
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 27/9/2016

Outstanding Planning and Reporting Platform

We plan at a very granular level, and Adaptive's formulas and overall approach to modeling has made this tool a pleasure to work with. Like any new tool, it took our team a little bit of time (~3 months) of getting used to it, but this is simply a tool we can't live without now.

In addition to the feature set, the customer support is outstanding. Very responsive to questions and highly knowledgeable on a variety of topics.

Pros

Feature set is very strong.
Customer support is among the best in the industry. Highly responsive to detailed technical questions.

Cons

Like any new platform, it took our team a few months after go-live to really utilize the power of the tool, but now it simply a resource that we can't live without.

Reviewed on 24/2/2016

Adaptive Planning Has Saved Us Thousands of Hours

Have been using Adaptive Planning since 2012 for two different companies. The software has steadily improved to handle most of the complexities of our business. The user interface is intuitive and the way it integrates actuals from our accounting software with various versions of forecasts and budgets is a huge timesaver. On top of that, data can be easily accessed through reports or an Office add in.

Pros

The best things about Adaptive Planning are its ability to integrate actuals and budgets/forecasts, its reporting capabilities, the fact that it's cloud based, and the ability to create complex financial models to track and report on business in a dynamic fashion.

Cons

The only issue our company has with Adaptive Planning is that our business model is very complex and hard to duplicate in the Adaptive model. That is not Adaptive's fault, but more so in the implementation and due to ever changing and more complex expectations from management.

Kevin
Kevin

Reviewed on 9/3/2016

We've had great experiences and success with Adaptive Insights

We're a large corporation with multiple lines of business. Our main goal was to simplify our annual budgeting process; to make it easier on the end users, give them ownership of their budgets and to cut down on the time it took to put the whole budget together. Adaptive exceeded those expectations.

Overall it's been great and I would highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to implement and maintain. Easy for end users to understand how to use the software and the models. Give you instant access to "the whole picture". OfficeConnect is great for reporting.

Cons

Some admin functions are still a little tedious. The built-in reporting module needs some upgrading, but it's adequate.

Manny
Manny
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

Great Analysis

It's a great tool and it's meeting a lot of our deadlines for forcecasting. Saving valuable time and dollars.

Pros

software is very productive for forecasting and doing deep financial

Cons

Learning curve, it's not that easy to learn and you have to get used to the product. Can be more user-friendly and there can be more improvements.
can be expensive for some users.

Lenny
Lenny
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 24/2/2016

Working with Adaptive Insights is a breeze

We have been using Adaptive Insights for over 4 years. So far we are a happy camper. We are happy with our investment and choice. Adaptive greatly cut down our time in deploying and completing our annual budgets.

Pros

- Quick and easy to consolidate all accounts for all business units
- Status tracking is made easy
- Superb customer services

Cons

Would love to see the changes in future releases:
- Ability to import formulas rather than having to manually set up 1000+ formulas in Adaptive;
- Ability to line up notes in reports

Brian
Brian
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 2/3/2016

Adaptive Planning is a Must for FP&A

Our company has used Adaptive Planning for about 2 years now. We went from a complex Excel spreadsheet based system to an organized and efficient Adaptive budgeting process. The customization and flexibility in the system is almost limitless and impressive.

Pros

Customization, flexibility, value, security

Cons

Administration - learning to build and maintain the system is complex, but that is why the system is so powerful

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 11/3/2016

Wonderful experience with Adaptive so far

My company has rolled out Adaptive for our budgeting. It took quite a bit of time to build out al of our models. Our budget managers have responded very positively to Adaptive. We appreciate that we are no longer passing excel spreadsheets back and forth. One budget manager even started that she is having the important budget conversations a month earlier than she used to. We are still working to develop our reporting in Adaptive.

Pros

Various user groups can be built out to limit exposure to personnel information.

Cons

Certain sheets still use Java and this can slow things down.

Claire
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 2/9/2016

Amazing planning software for non-profits!

Implementing Adaptive Insights has made me feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Every new feature or discovered capability is a wonderful gift giving me my time and sanity back. I am the only FP&A for a mid-size company. We had outgrown Excel but had a hard time finding a planning software that could handle the allocations fundamental to non-profit accounting. We found Adaptive Insights and haven't looked back. The sales team is amazing, They are not only no pressure, but extremely helpful. We wanted to make sure our entire management team would be on board with new software. AI sales came out and did a personal demonstration for us and answered all of their questions. They also introduced us to great implementation consultants to help us set the instance up.We just finished our first year of planning in Adaptive and it was easy and user-friendly. I love Adaptive and will use it throughout my career.

Pros

The user-friendly interface, customization, regular updates and wealth of support and information. Reporting is also easy to use and very powerful. One of our main challenges is accurately planning and reporting our allocations. AI makes it easy.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software but there are a few things to be aware of. Unless you have 2 people exclusively working full time to set up the instance it will take you much longer than you think. Allow yourself a few months to set it up and know that a full, complete roll-out will probably take a full budget cycle.

Sam

Reviewed on 3/8/2016

Adaptive Planning Review

Overall we have been pleased with Adaptive Planning. We originally transitioned to Adaptive from excel based reporting due to increasing data allocation requirements. After several months of implementation we were able to start populating our weekly financial reports entirely from data exported from Adaptive. The end result has been a significant decrease in reporting time, even though we now splice our data by more dimensions than we have looked at in the past. This would not have been possible in excel, and we now have more time to analyze our information instead of being stuck in the reporting cycle.

Pros

The best part of the software for me is the ability to quickly create reports based on any selected dimensions, levels, and timeframes. This is something that historically would have taken us a significant amount of time and is now done in minutes.

Cons

My least favorite parts about the software are the difficulty in navigating the data sheets and the inability to lock formulas and values in historical versions while updating formulas going forward. I would love to see greater functionality to search in data sheets by specific columns.

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 10/3/2015

The software will change you life...Seriously!

Pros

This suite of products have changed the way we inform our leadership of the state of our operations each month. We no longer spend days and days preparing dry financials. Now, we are generating useful statements in seconds along with instantaneously seeing that same financial and operational data visualized in Adaptive Discovery in our interactive scorecard. The ease of use, and the level of support are the two greatest things about Adaptive.

Cons

The tools do everything we ask of them, and more. The monthly load of data from our GL and the operational data from other source systems being a manual process is my ultimate least favorite thing. We are implementing the Adaptive Discovery connector so that the data will be loaded in the future at the push of a button. That should take care of it, though. I think if I had to identify my next least favorite thing it's probably the high bar that it sets for all of our other reporting from other systems.

Tyler

Reviewed on 9/2/2018

Quick results with an intuitive design

This is a very robust software, that allows a strong look into the performance of your Company. The software has changed the way we are able to analyze our business.

Pros

I love the adaptability and ability to gain access to various information. It has allowed much greater access to analyzing our Key Performance Indicators.

Cons

For items that are not uniformly put into our accounting system, there are some workarounds needed to figure out how to display the correct data.

georgeta

Reviewed on 24/2/2017

flow and transparency for FP&A

I've been using Adaptive since 2011, and I am fully satisfied with the Adaptive suit. Every year they are improving and developing the suit of services and product. I might be biased but the ease of use of the platform is really what's important for me. The flow and transparency of the data is equally important. I don't think I could be as good as I am when it comes to FP&A and reporting if it wasn't for using Adaptive.

Pros

everything- ease of use

Cons

none

Reviewed on 28/2/2018

Great tool of value!

Pros

User friendly and adaptable. Will help keep you organized and get the job done. Budgeting and forecasting creation was excellent. Helped with a focus on KPI's and benefitted from building dashboard. Great experience with customer service. Very friendly and quick to respond.

Cons

Set up took awhile. Slight learning curve. At times page loading slow. As a netsuite user I have had data integration issues. Adaptive did its job. No other complaints.

Reviewed on 13/2/2018

Planning and forecasting made easy.

Pros

The ease of creating forecast versions provides a quick way to develop multiple scenarios during the forecasting process.

Cons

The performance, in terms of responsiveness, in rendering of the sheets and reports, is quite slow. Also, setting up model account calculations, is not as easy.

Reviewed on 12/10/2014

My experience with Adaptive

Adaptive is a great business platform for budgeting, collaboration, and report generation. In my company it is my job to provide managers with useful tools to help with different aspects of business unique to their functional area.

The pros of Adaptive:
1) Brings departments together by providing one platform to easily manage and control budgets.
2) Allows for a quicker budgeting process.
3) Different access levels allow top managers to control what different departments can see.
4) Can store years and years of data all of which can be easily accessed.
5) Can be accessed from anywhere in the world with internet connection.
6) Reports can easily be created. Depending on the complexity and type of report, reports can be customized and suited to the needs of the user. Some report types are interactive, different scenarios/results can be presented depending on the user's selections.

The cons of Adaptive:
1) It takes a little long to get used to.
2) Creating formulas and rolling them out can be very challenging. (A lot of trial and error)
3) Reading through the tutorials can be time consuming. I wish they had more practice videos.

Overall, Adaptive is an awesome business platform. Once you get the hang of it you really begin to enjoy it. It allows you to create so much, the amount of reports that can be generated is endless. Furthermore, you can easily upload data and track budgets. This is a great tool for managers especially those with large budgets and variable costs.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

Adaptive Insights Planning Review

We started using AI about a year ago to get away from excel modeling and planning. AI has allowed us to created a driver-based model, implement rolling forecasts, and involve content owners from all departments in the planning process! This tool is awesome! Easy to use, easy to maintain, and the customer support is unparalled!

Pros

User friendly, cheap, good customer support

Cons

Somewhat limited functionality in areas, but they are constantly releasing new updates with added functionality and other improvements

Sandra
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 12/4/2017

Flexible, User Friendly Software

Our Finance team switched to Adaptive Planning from another software that was very inflexible and required both outside consultants and house IT staff on a regular basis. Adaptive Planning was a very smooth implementation. It allows great flexibility in your planning models without the heavy reliance on consultants and IT. The ad hoc reporting and additional benefit of Office Connect have been very valuable in our planning processes.

Pros

Flexible, cloud based, user friendly

Sean

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Proactivity over Reactivity

Our initial implementation was rough. Our 3rd party consultant tried to fit our unique companies into their cookie-cutter implementation package and it didn't work out. Since rebuilding on our own, we have a model that works well for our family of companies and we are able to continually improve in conjunction with frequent Adaptive Suite upgrades and continued learning.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service.

Cons

Web reporting

Todd

Reviewed on 27/2/2019

Decent software tool, but could use greater reporting capabilities.

Pros

Easy to navigate and use. Process for uploading and downloading are nice and simple.

Cons

Very basic reporting features, lacks more robust reporting capabilities. Would be nice if they added a screen freeze feature to lock the initial view when scrolling.

Rick

Reviewed on 19/3/2015

Adaptive Insights - Planning and Discovery

Pros

AI allows for you to build a highly customized model for real-time scenario planning, forecasting and analysis of not only financial metrics, but on the overall operation as well. Through intuitive dashboards with visual analytics that provide drill down capabilities, users can easily participate in complete performance management. The software has allowed finance to become a strategic partner with the rest of the operation.

Cons

I have not found anything negative about this solution.

Sanchit
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

Adaptive Insights: Forecasting tool true to its name

Adaptive is a much better tool than Excel in handling data as time is not wasted in linking different spreadsheets and validating versions. It is easier to implement throughout the organization so that managers and employees can log in to check the status. It makes the process of monthly forecasting easy and this we can focus on analyzing the results rather than spending time in gathering data in Excel.

Pros

1. Adaptive can link to Office Connect and users can remotely connect to the system without the need of a VPN.
2. What-if scenarios help the managers to design systems which give it a strong forecasting ability.
3. It offers a dynamic interface and offers a cloud access by means of which people can enter data from anywhere and trends are visible dynamically.

Cons

1. It requires quite a bit of practice to be proficient in the use of Adaptive. So, it takes some time to be an efficient user of the software.
2. The graphics are not that great, so you might an additional software to get presentable results.
3. Monthly forecasting is the lowest level of forecasting that we can see which limits its use to an extent if businesses want to see more detailed forecasting.

Samuel

Reviewed on 18/5/2017

The fastest updating planning software available

Pros

I love how quickly one single change flows through all our financial statements and reports and views.

Cons

Our customer service has been a little spotty, but the software is awesome enough that I would still recommend it.