Shopify Reviews

About Shopify

Shopify is a web-based e-commerce platform that offers a mobile POS (mPOS) system. The mPOS enables users to manage their business and complete transactions in-store as well as at markets, pop-ups, and trade shows. The e-commerce...

Browse Shopify Reviews

6,322 of 6,322 reviews
Abdellatif
Abdellatif

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Shopify is the best way to start ecommerce

I ought to say this is the stage that I might want to use for my online business clients. Presumably that they are working really hard structure. I trust Shopify start a respectable client assistance that we can call and allow us to pose inquiries as a paying client.

Pros

So natural to simply import all my client's items and the day after that large number of items where on Google's most memorable page that astounded me. Extremely simple to arrangement and use. I use it for my client's internet based shop.

Cons

Where do I started? - Only a couple of free site topic! truly?? indeed, even we're burning through $30/month we need to pay like $300 to get a respectable subject! - Although the vast majority (counting myself) thought there was such countless instructional exercises on web however there isn't sufficient. A large portion of them are being made by the more established rendition and doesn't match the new look. - Google's page speed test is continuously showing lower speed contrasting with different stages like Wordpress. - No client assistance which isn't adequate

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

it was the cheapest one and Had a different tutoriel in YOUTUBE

Reviewed on 15/4/2024

I really liked my Shopify experience

A very good experience for me and I would recommend it to anyone because of its many advantages compared to its disadvantages

Pros

One of its advantages is that it is easy to use on a mobile phone and that it is very suitable for owners of small business projects. The prices of its plans are considered good compared to its competitors in the field. The most important advantage from my point of view is the number of visits per month due to its great popularity, which of course is reflected in sales.

Cons

One of its drawbacks for me is the lack of diversity in methods of payment and receiving money. The second drawback is that it does not provide a free trial for the first month for any new user without a final payment, and this is a type of motivation and support.

MARY GARVEY
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

Thought I was signing up for an Integrated POS System and Website

Feels like Shopify sucks you in and is not transparent. When you realize what the system doesn’t do...they apologize and are very kind but not very helpful. There are a bunch of awkward apps you can buy to fix the problems but they don’t work very well. Wish someone would just make an easy functioning system that met business that sell inventory on line and in person.

Pros

It is easy to get a website up and running. Adding products is easy.

Cons

WHERE DO I BEGIN:
-inventory records only go back three months...I was horrified to find out I lost 4 months of inventory records.
-to print a receipt...you need to buy and download an app...it is awkward to use and takes a couple minutes for the receipt to upload before you can print it.
-to have employees log in you need to download and app and pay monthly
-you can not do a credit on someone’s account if they return something...You need to either return their money or give them a gift card it is awkward and difficult to use.
-if you mark an order pending payment you cannot take payment on the POS system.
-you cannot add any vender information that is not visible to your customers.
-the duplicate feature when adding products doesn’t work properly....to hard to explain what should be duplicated and what shouldn’t but trust me it wasn’t created by someone that understands business

Top Shopify Alternatives

WordPress & WooCommerce Affiliate Program

Marco

Reviewed on 29/2/2024

Shopify works!

Extremely happy with it. So glad we changed from word press which had lots of problems. Very very pleased.

Pros

Ease of use, never have had one single problem from anyone ordering that we’ve hear about, safe, secure, people are able to navigate easily through the site. Nothing bad to say.

Cons

Kinda expensive to keep up with the annual cost, but it’s worth it.

Square Point of Sale and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Needed a new site and the designer recommended Shopify

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Web designer recommended Shopify and we are so glad she did
john

Reviewed on 11/4/2024

Need to sell your product online? Shopify is a good choice.

I was very happy that their customer service team was very responsive in helping to setup special things, like sizes, shipping issues, taxation issues, etc. It's not the most intuitive system, but it works good.

Pros

Shopify has a variety of features that most users will find useful and helpful. The system is hosted on their platform, so that helps with security. Inventory control is spot-on, and sales reporting is good. This is a system that is easy for a novice user to use, though once it is set up.

Cons

The setup can be a bit complicated, especially adding features like taxes, sizes, etc. But, once you have it all setup, it's easy to use going forward.

Adam

Reviewed on 10/4/2024

shopify store

easy process to build a shop, from templates with great functionality that can be expended I'm most cases with the use of the plugin/ add-on eliments

Pros

simplicity to get a shop up and running in a short time with the ade of the templates works on mobile outright without any messing

Cons

some of the customisation is not easy to find or hidden under

Lenin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 8/4/2024

Review of Shopify

Shopify is always my favorite.. When online purchase comes to mind Shopify is always there.. Customer support is something that I am very impressed with.. I always suggest Shopify to anyone who wants to buy something. Shopify offers good quality protections.

Pros

Low processing costs,simple inventory management,wide product range, location advantage, scalability ..

Cons

Fawer profit margins, Reliability on suppliers, Limited control, branding difficulties,hight shipping costs..

tao
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 5/5/2024

I like it, Really!

I like it.
Getting more people to patronize your online stores requires heavy marketing. Email marketing, SMS marketing, Facebook ads, Google ads, Search Engine Optimization, popups, and more are different types of marketing.

Pros

Receiving payment on Shopify is no longer a problem. Shopify now has multiple payment options, which include third-party platforms.

Cons

No Email Hosting, I real dont like that

Jessy

App review.

It's a way that i can sell my products wherever i am, without needing to have stock of the product at home.

Pros

What i like most about Shopify is that i can sell my products earning in dollars.

Cons

What i likeleast about Shopify is that my products take a long time to sell.

MICHAELA
  • Industry: Hospitality

GREAT TOOL

Pros

We can see history of each movement, the date name of the client and who sale it

Cons

all good i recommend it to everybody, it´s very handy.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

I use Shopify for all my Ecommerce Businesses

I built both shopify stores from scratch without prior knowledge and it took me about a full week to get the hang of things. I would make adjustments as I could to help convert customers. I still feel like it's the best place to only sell products but still a bit costly to make a really nice design. I now hire virtual assistants to make all the changes on the site and manage it but that can cost too so it's great there are API's to help grow the business, which all cost more money though, some are free (Reddit, pinterest).

Overall, I will still use the software.

Pros

Sleek designs, easy to use, easy to keep track of products and sales, great third party API integrations and marketing software, and simple to run. Many Virtual Assistants already know how to use this software which makes life very easy for me.

The simpler, the better. I have several shopify stores and I aim to make passive income in this realm.

Cons

Templates are limited, a lot of the development is backend yet I'm a visual person so I like to see everything as I'm doing it, and it can get a little overwhelming with all the integrations needed to turn a Shopify store into a massive profitable business. I feel like the best templates cost too much money and the ones we are offered look basic and not easily customizable. It could use a better blog feature section and a bit more visual aspects such as videos to help pitch or promote the business. Maybe even used for online courses with private logins would be great.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify is specifically built to convert and make money in the e-commerce world and this is what I'm interested in. However I'd like a more complete software allowing me to pair an actual website (consulting, online courses, etc...) to this to make me full appreciate it.
Chelsea

Reviewed on 19/9/2019

Shopify for the win!

I love that shopify will scale with my business and that there are various pricing plans that give you different options and shipping discounts. It's easy to use and has other apps that work with it so I can easily generate line sheets and product catalogues.

Pros

I love that shopify integrates seamlessly into my inventory program, social media accounts, email marketing platform, etc. They also work really well with google ads so you can add products to google shopping and run really effective retargeting ads. Their live view option is great and gives me an idea of where my customers are coming from.

Their shipping discounts are also great!

Cons

The only thing that really annoys me is that I can't pick which shipping option comes first. Because one of my shipping options is "local pickup" and is free, I'd rather that not be the default shipping option (a lot of out of town customers accidentally choose local pickup and then I have to contact them and it looks unprofessional). Apart from that, it's a great platform

Trevor

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

The only platform I would use for Ecommerce

I work with a lot of websites that are ecommerce-based, and the headaches you'd expect to come with complex ecosystems are so much less frequent with Shopify than they are with Magento, BigCommerce, etc.
While other systems frustrate me to a point where I say "eh, I just won't even try to do 'task x' ", Shopify has a simple enough engine and vast enough app store that I feel like very few tasks are insurmountable.

Pros

From startup stores to enterprise solutions, Shopify has a structure that any site can use (and excel with). The templates available give each store a 'custom' feel, and the platform-side checkout solution prevents a lot of hiccups and downtime that would be caused by inexperienced developers trying to manipulate that crucial step in the funnel.

Cons

Lately (fall 2019), Shopify has had quite a bit of downtime. Because they host so many stores, it appears their servers can get overwhelmed during heavy seasons, causing slower responses and even causing stores to crash. Since the stores are all somewhat linked, this can cause issues for a large amount of stores, killing sales and harming customer reputation.

Adobe Commerce and BigCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

The simplicity of adding products to Shopify is a must for start-up stores and stores that release new products fast. And for any brand that is primed for growth, the structure behind Shopify is truly the best for scaling, even from a cost perspective.
Tori
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 16/4/2020

Shopify is a GAMECHANGER if you Run an Ecommerce Business

I don't think we will ever leave Shopify. It's affordable and easy to use - what more could you want from a product that is used to run your business.

Pros

I can't stress enough how much I LOVE Shopify. I run my mom's business for her (an ecommerce site) and we set up the entire thing from scratch, with little knowledge of the platform. They have both free and paid templates to choose from for your site and they are very customizable. The fact that these templates scale to mobile with zero input from us is incredible We've been using it for over 5 years and we couldn't be happier. It is SO easy to use. Their customer support is unmatched - they are open 24 hours and always help us through even the most simple kinds of questions ("how do I upload a new image?"). The inventory feature is great and keeps everything organized. If you sell an item offline, you can easily adjust inventory in your dashboard so no mistakes are made.

Cons

There aren't many things I don't like about Shopify. I think my biggest ask is that there should be more free templates available for use. The Shopify made templates are the best because they integrate seamlessly with the product. For some users, software is a scary thing, so instead of jumping to buy a cooler template, I think users would be responsive to more free templates to try.

GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

We chose Shopify because of how clean and simple they made the process. It integrates with so many other software that we felt it was a no-brainer.
Scott
Scott
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 8/9/2020

Don't Shop Around, Shop-ify!

Overall, Shopify has been good to me. They made me a Partner because of the – you know I can't actually recall what the criteria was to become one – maybe you just apply to become one. But if you are a Partner, you can develop stores at no cost, and then get paid a referral fee and a residual for transferring it to a paying client. A very nice gesture towards us store-builders – I wish all creative software or SaaS platforms were as fiscally friendly. They also make it easy for devs looking to expand into Shopify App creation – so they can be on the receiving end of that sweet, month-to-month autocharged booty.

Pros

Shopify is where it's at if you want to get involved in the whole Direct 2 Consumer craze! You could literally have a store, up and running and transactional in 10 minutes assuming you're computer / web literate, have a bank account, and a product to sell...For getting up and running with hundreds of attractive themes to choose from (not all on Shopify.com, there are online stores that sell themes...) you really can't beat the ease of Shopify – with just the right amount of freedom, and automation to make sure you can get your products and logo looking their best, and not accidentally break the whole thing. And if you know a little HTML/CSS, the sky is really the limit in terms of customizing the theme. Plus there's a Shopify "App Store" that offers every possible function you could imagine if you wanted something not natively offered such as pop-ups, rewards clubs, or wholesale pricing.

Cons

In the beginning, I found it a bit cumbersome to deal with large catalogs with lots of variants (color / size) per sku. But Shopify and their lightning-fast chat support are nothing if not good listeners and they've made editing part of, or your whole catalog, much easier than ever before, with tons of filters for tailoring your product selection on the back end, to making almost any variable from Title, to Inventory, to Weight, easily bulk editable. So the thing I'll say that still stinks, is that all the apps charge subscription fees, which is super annoying, especially if you rely on a bunch of them. I would much rather pay a one and done license fee as opposed to $3 a month for my mailing list manager app, $16 a month for my Wholesale price tiering app, and $5 for my abandoned cart retrieval system. It adds up to a big, never-ending headache.

Shari

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

DO NOT HESITATE TO USE SHOPIFY!!!

My overall experience with Shopify is that I will not be deleting my Shopify website! I love the platform, love the themes, love the many ways you can customize the themes, and love the thought that SO many huge companies are actually using Shopify as well! Fashion Nova, Steve Madden, Staples, etc. all use Shopify for their websites! Amazing to know someone small can create a website like the big companies and become successful all on their own! It’s definitely worth the time to give a try!

Pros

I liked that Shopify’s platform is very easy to use, even for a web-developing beginner! You need absolutely no skills to build a Shopify store that will amaze your website visitors! Simply select a theme that fits well with your store’s niche and go from there. There are so many app add-ons that you can download to your Shopify store to make it POP. And the best part? You can utilize their free-trial to build your website with no restrictions so that possibly at the end of your trial (like me) you are already ready to launch your store with the $30/month subscription!

Cons

I definitely do not like that most app add-ons are additional fees. Once you realize there are other apps you want/need, the cost adds up to where you will find yourself needing nearly a $100/month budget (unless you select a higher costing Shopify subscription, that can run you up to nearly a $200/month budget). More free (not just free-trial) apps need to be available because not everyone can afford to keep paying monthly for everything, ESPECIALLY during this pandemic. A reduced monthly subscription fee during this pandemic would have been super considerate!

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I have been using WordPress for years, and I can tell you one thing—Shopify is much more affordable and gets the job done, especially for an eCommerce website. From only using Shopify’s free trial I was blown away. I am definitely sticking with Shopify!
Gregory
Gregory
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

Shopify Symbolizes Seamless POS to Delivery Functionality

I enjoy seeing large and small business succeed with the same eCommerce platform. Shopify is used by so many retailers and this capacity is what makes the program so powerful. This diversity in the user base also enables Shopify developers to fine tune new product enhancements that are truly helpful in growing a business.

Pros

Chewing gum and walking at the same time can oftentimes be problematic for some. But with Shopify you don't have to worry about multi-tasking. The robust functionality of the eCommerce platform enables the user to create and implement a POS to delivery system that truly reflects the mission of the business enterprise. The ability to take a complex program and customize it to optimize the goals and objectives of the business is critical in today's competitive and challenging marketplace. Don't get lost in the noise from the implementation stage. Shopify is the ideal navigator of successful alignment and implementation.

Cons

As with any conversion process, there are hurdles in the implementation. What I liked least was the learning curve, but this is true of any new product.

Ikiera
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

My Shopify experience

I loved using the app. It was a bit challenging to build my store when I first started but I hired someone to make it professional and it honestly looked great! I loved seeing how the apps worked and brought my store to life to help upsell products, setting up the codes can be a bit difficult and also learning how to read the analytics of your store is a bit complex. I didn't make that many sales but I got tons of traffic to my store and that was helpful in reading conversions and seeing who almost bought something but didn't and seeing the locations around the world of who was viewing my product was really cool. I loved the app and it's features overall but I think having a Free membership program with a few more features from the basic plan instead of a trial program is better since it's generally hard to make a sale in a month let alone make one in 14 days.

Pros

I like the efficiency of the software. It's easy to use, simple to navigate, can take some time to understand the conversion rates and percentages of everything but overall pretty good app. I like the configuration and the training videos are helpful in some cases as well.

Cons

I definitely did not like how they charged for the apps to integrate into the store. It's a lot of hassle having to sign up for those apps just to get slammed with the monthly fees on top of the cost of the shopify store itself especially in the first few months when you're just starting out and you don't even make a sale. Those monthly fees got one of my stores closed.

Wix, Big Cartel and Meta for Business

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

They were cheaper than Shopify. I also heard good things about these alternatives.
Ardi
Ardi
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

High cart flexibility and low cost

You can later extend the required functions with third-party applications developed by others. There are numerous applications available, ranging from website functionality to marketing functionality. There are many paid features and many payment methods that can be used with no monthly fees and payment only. There are many design templates, from free to paid, and scalability is high.

Pros

There is a high degree of freedom in page configuration when creating an EC site. In addition to the look and feel of the design, you can customize it with a wide variety of applications, so even amateurs can complete an EC site that looks like it was created from scratch by a professional. You can also update your blog. With a wide range of payment methods, we can offer customers a seamless shopping experience. Above all, the costs and maintenance fees are cheaper than other cart API systems.

Cons

The initial status of the mail template is not ready for use as-is, and its customization is quite complicated. If two days have passed since the order was placed, the payment status of a convenience store, etc. will be shown as "expired" even before the payment deadline, which will complicate the order management.

Wix

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Marketing functions can also be added with the app, so you can manage everything from advertising operations and affiliate ASP applications to administration within Shopify. The cost of the payment function can be kept low.

BigCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

We wanted to create a sign site that was both an official site and an official store, so I welcomed the possibility of creating it. Similar to other companies' carts and you could implement the desired functions.
Justin
Justin

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Avoid its terrible now!!!

Terrible...sad...exhausting...poor...depressing...suicidal....

Pros

Ease of setting up a store without coding.

Cons

NO support staff anymore they cancelled phone support, then they cancelled email support, then they laid off 1000s of support staff and now its just a chat bot you have to fight to get through to speak to a human who isnt even a technician.

Constant downtime if you care to look on downtime tracker, although shopify will lie and say its not true.

Constant checkout issues we have days where customers cant pay by card, shopify have admitted there is issues but guess what under there terms in section 7 as pasted so basically tough, you can lose £10000s and they simply say tough in a nice way of course, apparently they dont need to provide a decent standard of service, thats news to me all conbtracts state a decent level of service must be provided!

From there lying support..

General support sent your query over to my team. I wanted to reach out to you directly on this.

I understand that you would like your recent support experience looked into?

Firstly, it sounds like you have been doing everything that you can to get your checkout and store looked at. I am glad to hear that is now resolved and working again for you.

We apologise for the drop in communications, and you are correct, you should have received a reply from our support on your tickets.

While I can understand that this matter had an impact on your business, Shopify does not offer compensation for Shopify stores and downtime.

Please see our [Terms of Service](https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms), section 7. Limitation of Liability. Which states:

Shopify does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.

We will not be able to authorize compensation on this account.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any queries at all.

Kind regards,
Holly
Support Specialist | Billing & Payments

So not only do they cream a high percentage off EVERY sale they also charge high monthly fees, they have no to poor help now and oh but the cracker is they recently made 25% gain in profit for the hedge funds that now own it while laying off half the staff...see a pattern here by the president Harvey Finklestein...yes thats really his name from israel.

WooCommerce

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Because many years ago it wasnt owned by greedy hedge funds who asset strip companies....
Chriztina
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 16/8/2021

Shopify is vital for e-commerce, but be weary of upgrading to Plus.

Overall, it has been great. I just wish that the sliding scale for Plus hosting started at a more reasonable amount ... I mean, if they took away my MSM and increased my CC processing, they should have reflected that in my monthly hosting. Just started at $1499 vs $2K would show more good faith in wanting to grow WITH a brand vs taking whatever they can get. (Hence I have been debating whether or not to downgrade back to "advanced" for ages but I use Plus to do advanced Tax Calculations @ checkout, etc) I am also really upset that now Shopify Payments does NOT refund the processing fees on canceled transactions - so if I have a high value/suspect order that I don't feel comfortable shipping, I am still out +/- 3% for nothing. (for the first 5+ years, the CC processing was refunded on canceled orders)

Pros

I have run my business on shopify for nearly 8 years. I love how user-friendly the backend is and how even with VERY limited coding experience, I can update cosmetic issues seamlessly and easily by myself through the theme editor.

Cons

There are a lot of things that could be better. I feel like the constant response when you need to figure out how to do something is, "oh, there's an app for that" ... and apps cost money. With ShopifyPlus, already being $2,000 a month, it can be pretty hard to stomach SO many third party apps to get stuff done. Especially when most 3rd party apps can clutter your theme-file and cause unexpected issues on the front end. I also am personally super salty over the fact that I migrated to ShopifyPlus years ago, from Advanced, to save money on credit card processing fees. Plus, at the time, was $999 a year and I was promised that I would be able to keep that "grandfathered" rate moving forward. But it did not take long for them to a) take away my preferred credit card processing rate due to higher-than-usual ratio of international transactions and then they ALSO doubled my monthly hosting from $999 to $2,000. But once you upgrade, it can be very hard to go back down to "Advanced". They also took away my "merchant success manager" ... so I am spending $2K a month on "Plus" and also had most of the "Plus" perks taken away from me. I just feel like Shopify doesn't care much about their store owners who've been around for so long.

Amy

Reviewed on 13/1/2022

Great platform for small business ecommerce

We're a small agency that used to focus primarily on Wordpress sites, but as clients came to us with sites built on other platforms, we've quickly come up-to-speed on Squarespace, Wix and Shopify as well. Hands-down, Shopify is a great platform for ecommerce, especially for companies that require the ease of having everything they need under one umbrella platform. It's easy to make the site look great, without requiring coding.

Pros

Shopify is easy to set up, modify and manage without requiring outside technical support. The interface is fresh and modern, loads fast, and everything you need in terms of additional software apps are within easy reach from the admin panel.

Cons

I really wish it were easier to create marketing campaign landing pages in Shopify. The platform isn't built for creating multiple unique page types. In fact, it's not intuitive at all when it comes to adding and editing a new page type. Luckily, there are landing page apps available that can help with that. App integration is a snap, and we like that apps are billed monthly... it makes it easy for us to audition a new app and see how well it works for us. There are many inexpensive and even free apps available.

Kaylin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 6/4/2022

Shopify Review

Shopify is one of the top rated ecommerce platforms available on the market today. It’s designed to assist, and help you construct your own scalable online business, with lot's of amazing integrated features, and apps to choose from. Shopify gives you the option to sell directly on your website, and across multiple marketplaces, and social media.

Pros

Shopify’s effective backend editor and awesome inventory system make it simple for managing and scaling stores.

You are able to sell across numerous channels, which include Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and eBay.

Shopify gives you the option to choose from a selection of free, and paid templates. If you would prefer to use your own layout, you can make your very own from scratch.

Shopify has a brilliant library of apps and third party extensions that will help take your business to the next level.

Shopify has over one hundred price options to choose from, in addition to presenting their very own gateway, Shopify Payments.

Shopify has thorough, round the clock consumer support, and is accessible 24/7 to provide an assisting hand in case you ever need help in a sticky predicament.

Cons

Shopify is not as smooth to operate as some other platforms on the market.

Shopify’s editor can be a little challenging to begin with, and takes some time getting use to.

Shopify has fewer integrated functions than other platforms, so you’ll want to use other apps to simply raise the operation of your store.

Shopify has high transaction fees. Unless you always use Shopify Payments, you will end up having to pay a big transaction fee on top of other payment gateway costs.

Shopify is more costly than it appears to be. Transaction fees, a long with additional apps can increase the monthly cosy of running your store.

Jerome
Jerome
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 12/7/2022

Works reasonably well out of the box

Shopify is a good platform to get you up and running very quickly. It is one big ecosystem that sometimes works in your favour but unfortunately very much works in theirs.

Pros

Shopify does a good job of enabling you to start selling very quickly. You need to be aware that this only includes very limited functionality though and any extra options you may need to add, even as simple as a pre-sale or adding meta fields (custom fields) requires an monthly fee for an App. We currently have 5 Apps installed that almost cost the same as our subscription charge but I have been involved in some Shopify projects where the App to subscription charge was triple. You need to really consider what functionality you deem necessary before adding extra apps as this can all add up. Of course if the functionality is necessary and pays for itself with one order then it is all worth it.

Cons

The core functionality is a little limited. Shopify+ has the promise of almost unlimited functionality but the cost is prohibitive for most shops and even though they could give standard Shopify users access to some of these functions they don’t so most functionality does require an App

Rabie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 7/6/2023

Let Shopify Power Your E-Commerce Business

My online business has changed dramatically thanks to Shopify. Because of how simple it is to use, I was able to build a beautiful online store with themes that were completely customizable and matched my brand. The app store provides countless opportunities to expand my business and improve the features of my store. Selling is simple thanks to the integrated payment processing, and whenever I have questions, their customer support is welcoming and supportive. I can now truly succeed in the e-commerce industry thanks to Shopify

Pros

The fact that Shopify has made it so simple for me to use, even as a complete novice, is what I like most about using it for my e-commerce store. Everything is so simple that even a child could handle it, from customization to management and shipping fulfillment. It really is a set-and-forget situation. You can easily add your products, integrate apps that are suggested for you, and then let the apps drive.

Cons

Despite the fact that Shopify is a fantastic platform overall, there are a few areas where I have come across some shortcomings or features that could be improved:Cost of Add-Ons: Although Shopify's basic features are extensive, some advanced functionalities call for additional, paid integrations or apps. Although these add-ons can expand the store's functionality, they can get expensive over time, especially for small businesses with tight budgets.Transaction Fees: Shopify charges transaction fees when customers choose to use outside payment gateways rather than their own in-house Shopify Payments system. These transaction fees, though they vary depending on the pricing plan, can significantly reduce profits, especially for companies with high sales volumes or low-priced goods.Free themes are scarce: Shopify has a variety of themes available in their Theme Store, but the selection