Zoho Books Reviews

About Zoho Books

Zoho Books comes with automatic bank feeds, collaborative client portal, accounting and taxing, online payments, invoice templates and analytical reports. The system allows users to manage multiple time sheets of different...

4.2
4.2

Browse Zoho Books Reviews

Tracey
Tracey
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 7/3/2022

Intuitive and comprehensive accounting software, ideal for small businesses

Excellent software - use it daily to keep my records up to date, invoice customers and process payments. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Pros

Easy to use, mobile app is also excellent for updating on the move. Clear reporting, easy to take a snapshot of business performance. Tailorable so invoices are fully branded and customer e-mails can be tailored. Love the payment receipt feature so clients are updated once payment processed.

Cons

Can be a little tricky to set the profit & loss to cover the right months, need to play around with the dates.

Krishna
Krishna

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

It's an excellent internet service for small businesses

In general, Zoho Books is the finest accounting software for start-ups and small businesses. The following functionalities are included in this simple to use application: Assign Shortcuts, Create Quick Reports a UX that is easy to use, Software as a service (SaaS): It's simple to use and integrates well with the rest of the Zoho suite. Updates that arrive quickly and on a frequent basis.

Pros

As a whole, Zoho Books is an excellent tool for new businesses and organizations. It's an excellent choice. Having everything in one location is a great feature of this book. The reports are highly user-friendly, and the balance is simple to handle. Books has a wide range of features and is well-integrated with the company's other products.

Cons

When a financial institution makes an update, Zoho Books takes a long time to make the change, making it difficult to keep track of all expenditures. Statement import instructions are out-of-date. Customer service is terrible; no one ever tells you when an issue will be fixed.

Cassi

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

It's easy to use but that's as far as it goes

The overall experience with Zoho Books has been disappointing. We were told that they were capable of so much more than what they seem to be able to deliver on. There's no real good workflow capabilities and no real way to automate processes that the user imports over and over again.

If you're just starting out and don't have many sales (especially online sales) or a big budget, this is great accounting software for the value. The fact that the software developers are unable to transfer books from their own platform to an upgraded version or new version of it makes it completely incompatible with any business that is hoping to scale or merge with another company unless you have a bunch of extra staff or hours on your hands as you will be importing every transaction one by one manually.

Pros

It's easy to use if you're doing simple bookkeeping

Cons

This software is not made for those wanting to automate as much of the workflow as possible. It is also not for businesses hoping to scale with the software. The software link to the bank account and credit card frequently breaks leaving the user to have to sync manually. I have contacted customer service regarding this issue but there does not seem to be a solution.
If you're looking to upgrade from a beta or lower version of books to a newer version, Zoho is not capable of transferring your old books to a new account so the user is left having to manually important each entry one by one which is ridiculous and tedious. I cannot understand why the software developer is unable to do this simple task when they were able to do it when transferring the books from Xero or QuickBooks.
I’m glad others are having such success with the software but from my standpoint as an accountant I just do not see the value of the software for any company looking to scale in a digital world of eCommerce and automation, especially if the company is utilizing Amazon’s platform. The workaround I have had to implement to balance the account receivables and payables from those sales instead of having a successful either add-on or API like those of QuickBooks and Xero has also resulted in extra work which could all be automated if only the software had the capability.

Top Zoho Books Alternatives

Addison

Reviewed on 4/12/2023

Time & Expense Tracking Solution

Pros

Availability of mobile application is what I like most since I am able to track time and expense on projects on the go.

Cons

I currently face zero errors when using ZB.

Darren
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Powerful and Invaluable tool at an incredible price

We love Zoho ability to access from anywhere and allows a business owner to monitor things even when they are not on site. The ease of use and consistency makes it very easy for training purposes and day to day use.

Pros

We love the way you can add further modules and expand into other areas like inventory with ease. The support is fast and efficient with a positive outcome every time. The consistency through every module bill s, invoicing, purchasing makes it a breeze to operate.

Cons

The only one annoyance is the search from some screens you need to know the exact customer name or item name to search. Where as some screens use a keyword search which is easy and fast to locate the information.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Lack on consistency with previous product and even doing the slightest thing seemed over complicated.

PowerQuote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

With the ability to integrate other modules was vital to us. The product had more vital features like re occurring invoices and billing. Stock control was important and a lot of other products don't have this ability alongside things like project managment.
Jabir

Reviewed on 1/6/2023

Good Online Accounting Software

Simple software, can do the accounting with less accounting knowledge, its able access from any were in online.

Pros

ZOHO has many other apps implementation and its able to customize according to our requirement.

Cons

Reporting format of Balance sheet and Profit loss in excel need to improve.

QuickBooks Time and TallyPrime

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Can Access from anywhere, for our client can access from the abroad
Deepak
Deepak

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Great Collaboration

Great experience although after 2 years we are still learning, it is good for indian accounting system

Pros

The statement download from bank and reconciliation option is great
GST filing options are great
Dashboard is very well designed
Android application is very useful

Cons

I would have prefered if it has quotation sending options also
Process sometimes seems too long for creating manual vouchers

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

Great Tool For Suite Users

We are running all of our books for our small business with Zoho Books. It is simple to sync bank accounts and credit card accounts, and quickly categorize expenses, and run reports. Pleased with results.

Pros

Very simple to categorize funds, connectivity with other tools in Zoho Suite.

Cons

Anytime a new vender is updated to an expense item, the screen needs to be reloaded and refreshed before that same vender can be selected for another item.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Better accessability, and price point for us.

FreshBooks

Pricepoint and accessibility
Phaneendra Kumar
Phaneendra Kumar

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Best Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Too good, I am a Zoho One member and for the price I am paying I am very much satisfied with the product

Pros

Online Invoice creation, Sending & Payment Collection, Invoice tracking, Inventory Mangement, Bank Reconciliation

Cons

Not anything in particular, But the option to send Invoices to Whatsapp would have been better if made available.

William

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Support

NO Support

Pros

It is easy to setup and start using it. I loved it a lot but their support SUCKS

Cons

Their support sucks you go back in forth with someone that doesn't know about accounting.. So I am just going to find something else can consider all the work I have done in my account as a loss....

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

It seemed easier for what I needed

I am going back to QuickBooks what support they have is better than Zoho Books
Nikki
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave.

At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses.

I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

Pros

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

Cons

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

Wave Accounting and Fiverr Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

FreshBooks raised their rates to outrageous levels and gave little advance notice about it. The software was glitchy and my clients were complaining about having difficulty paying. Their system went down at least once a week, which has fortunately not happened to me yet with Zoho Books. Although FreshBooks touts their live customer support, I encountered some rather cranky people there (they were probably fed up with getting calls about the humongous price increase). I'd rather interact with a helpful Zoho support person via chat than an unpleasant FreshBooks support person by phone.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Although both Wave and And.co offer free versions, I found them harder to use (particularly Wave). Clients found Wave a bit glitchy and the software was not intuitive.
Bob

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

great option for accounting software

There's been a little bit of a learning curve - there are a few things that are just done a little differently than in other software. However, I've been able to accomplish everything I had in previous software. The most significant aspect to me, though, has been that Zoho offers a lot of accompanying software - i.e., not software that's needed to make Books work, but software with complementary uses - without seeming like they're trying to squeeze every last dollar out of me. Quite unlike Intuit.

Pros

It does everything that I need it to do, and for far less than it's competition.

Cons

There are a couple things that could be streamlined, although they don't lessen to actual functioning of the software.

FreshBooks, Sage 100, Wave Accounting and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Intuit just keeps increasing the price on pretty much everything, justifying it by claiming to add features - though the added features never had any use to me. Plus, I needed to lease a number of add-ons to be able to have QBO work the way I'd expect it to.

FreshBooks, Sage 100, Wave Accounting and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Functionality and cost. I used Quickbooks-Desktop for years, but the online software that's been developed more recently has too many advantages to keep using it. I also used Xero for a few years, and liked a lot of features - but it seemed geared for a different kind of business and lacked a few things I needed. Then I tried Quickbooks Online - it was barely within my budget, but I liked the features - but then they increased the price (significantly) after only one year of using it. But Zoho has really fit the bill - all the functionality I need, and at a price that's just a fraction of QBO's.
Immaculate

Reviewed on 19/2/2023

Zoho for small to medium business

This software is great for our business.

Pros

This software it's very easy to setup and start using it. Even the free version is very rich in functionality. Once you have set it up you can also install the mobile app to keep up with the business. You can even create customer on the mobile app, invoice them, recon payment and send statements. The recurring schedule invoice are such a great feature. You can even setup reminders for unpaid invoices. Month end you can pull reports and understand your business

Cons

The bank connection doesn't always work nicely, sometimes it delay to update and end up sending incorrect statements to customers.I wish the clone customer was also available on the mobile app.

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Great for a small business

We moved from an ancient copy of Billings (a Mac-only program), and chose Zoho over the main competition based on ease of use and the need to handle customer retainers smoothly.

Pros

The setup is fairly straightforward, and the learning curve is very manageable. It's really nice to have a good (and reasonable) set of defaults for categories and account structure. That made initial use and customization pretty easy to do. The documentation is generally good, and tip links are numerous.

Cons

The only thing I find even slightly annoying is that the feed connection to the bank account is often "broken", but on the positive side the status is clear and whatever issues exist seem to fix themselves automatically within a day or two. It's not really a show-stopper; it's just annoying when I want to "clean up" things and the bank feed isn't fully current.

Quickbooks Online and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

The previous product had been discontinued.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Zoho was less expensive than QuickBooks, and seemed to be more approachable. Wave didn't handle retainers as well (at least at that time).
Derek

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

Zoho books - my best friend!

With Zoho we are able to easily stay on top of our finances with limited effort required. The ability to correct historical errors easily makes maintaining and accurate general ledger a breeze. I really like the professional look and feel of the documents generated such as invoices, orders etc.

Pros

With unparalleled customisation and ease of use as well as the the ability to correct previous errors Zoho books has made the accounting function so much simpler than our previous software. The automation of numerous tasks has been especially useful. The professional way in which we are able to engage with our customers and suppliers has also raised our credibility.

Cons

Probably the only criticism I can raise is that the reporting section could offer more month by month reports as a standard feature, although they may be easily configured using the tool provided.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Based on an old database structure which was inflexible.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

The value proposition of Zoho One with the multiply module functionality was very compelling and the Books module was able to more than cater for our small business requirements.
Juliana
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 16/10/2022

Easy finances with Zoho Books

Zoho Books is helping us automate many processes that we do every day on our business, many tasks and many payments that we receive throughout the week. It is a software that is extremely helpful when it comes to setting up a workflow that will benefit our work environment, and it provides useful solutions to manage payments, invoices, and all the financial data that comes with it, it has made everything easier because we don't have to worry about manually processing every payment or manually creating and sending an invoice, with Zoho Books, all these things become simple and we are able to keep a directory with all the crucial information for payments and invoices.

Pros

Zoho Books is an accounting software that provides the best experience when automating the accounting workflow. It has a great variety of tools that help enhance the process and I like how once the data has been imported, it only takes a few clicks to process payments and other billing options. Also, the option to manage all invoices is pretty beneficial, it allows me to keep track of all the payments that clients need to make and it provides a place where I can keep track of these invoices every month and know how much people owe our business; thanks to this feature, it also allows me to process payments differently, because I can have all the data in this single place and it makes it easier to integrate with many payment options so everything is done quicker, providing a nice experience for both ourselves as a business and for our clients. I like that Zoho Books is very user-friendly and it was not difficult to import all the data in order to start using it.

Cons

I think that the customer support is lacking a lot, it feels like they keep trying to be responsive but still, they do take a lot of time to get back to you once reached out. I don't like this part of the software because it does not feel like I can fully rely on them for help.

Cheikh

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

Good software for beginners

Zoho Books made my job easier and saved me a lot of time.

Pros

Zoho Book is a good software if you are starting out in a small business. What impresses me most about Zoho Book is the BRS statement. It's an excellent feature that prints all the required details very clearly, just as we intended. The automated bank flow is another feature that saves you a lot of time. The advantage of Zoho Books is that it can be linked to your online sales sites easily.

Another positive aspect of Zoho Books is that its delivery always comes with many integrated functionalities such as stock management, sales and purchase booking, payroll processing, etc.

To conclude, Zoho Books is easy to understand and its configuration is quick and easy. The automation of the system is great and you save a lot of time. The customer support is also very responsive and usually fixes your worries.

Cons

The major problem with Zoho Book is that it is only practical with a small business. It is better to choose another software like Wave if your business is large. Finally, the other blockage is that Zoho Books is based on the Cloud so without a connection you can go and have a nice cup of hot coffee (LOL).

Xero

Zoho Books functionalities were limited

Wave Accounting

Reviewed on 20/6/2019

Why limit yourself to just Books?

Pros

I think Zoho Books is on par with all the other bookkeeping software, but what is even better is how it integrates with all of the other Zoho products. I have had to integrate SFDC with ZenDesk and other solutions and what a pain! The fact that books integrate with their CRM with their Desk app is wonderful. This does everything you need from creating invoices to managing expenses and accounts. Very easy to use and full-featured. It is a definite must for small businesses that are looking for a robust affordable solution that might also need a CRM (look at zoho one).

Cons

With any bookkeeping software, there is a learning curve. Not always the easiest, but certainly worth it. Once you get all of your accounts set up you'll need to make sure you get all of your payment processes in place. Which is nice once it's ready because people can simply pay from click on an invoice. My only complaint would be how certain things don't flow as easily as I would like to start off with. But once you get it figured out it's pretty easy and will save you tons of head aches when time goes on.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/6/2023

Streamlining Business Operations with Zoho Books: A Game-Changer for Efficient Invoicing and...

Pros

Prior to joining this company, we relied on self-coded solutions for various tasks, including invoice generation and template design, all within our own database. This approach required significant time and effort whenever we needed to introduce new features or implement controls, even though similar solutions already existed in the market at a reasonable price.Transitioning to Zoho Books:We made the decision to switch to Zoho Books, and the entire process was incredibly smooth. I simply created an account, configured our company details, and utilized the standard invoice template, making minor adjustments to resemble our previous format.Contact Management:Importing our contacts into Zoho Books was a breeze and took approximately 10 minutes. I downloaded an Excel file from our database and effortlessly imported all the necessary information.Invoicing:Creating new invoices proved to be just as simple as managing contacts. By uploading an Excel file, the system automatically matched the invoices with the appropriate contacts (if desired). You can even save them as drafts for further review, and once ready, send them out in bulk.

Cons

Initially, when we first started using Zoho Books, there was no feature available to automatically create contacts if they didn't already exist while uploading new invoices. However, I'm pleased to say that this has since been improved, and it now works flawlessly for us!

Matt

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

If you have Zoho CRM This product is a must

Pros

This product Hooks up easily to Zoho CRM. The product works almost fluidly with the CRM. it makes it easy to see each client payment and how much we have received each month. The information the books hold really helps for some financial reports. The Reports do make my life easier kindof. Books make it easy to bill clients and it keeps all the information in one place.

Cons

The Reports as mention in my pros are missing some really good information that is already there in the system. They want me to pay for Zoho reports, but to my understanding Zoho reports, I would still need to go in and set it up. In our business every month we have to pay out our salespeople. fist I'm not able to split commissions easily or add multiple salespeople to an invoice. second, if I look up sales by salesperson by month it gives me all invoices created in the month, not all invoice paid. We sell expensive web projects and could take months to close. so it is unhelpful for me to see monthly sales report because it is not correct. they also have a "payments received" a report that comes in Zoho books. This report gives me monthly sales but does not add the sales person to the report. So I build a report that takes 30 min to an hour top. I have asked them to fix this and they told me to get Zoho reports

Martin
Martin

Reviewed on 8/9/2019

Zoho Books is the best finicial reporting software.

Zoho Books is the best software for the financial reporting and everyone can easily used this software in a more efficient way. Moreover, it is the best tracker all of our accounts and finance. I would recommended this software because this software is one of the best tool for financial and accounting.

Pros

Zoho Books is the best source to create our invoices and it is the best financial reporting software in all over the world. The most significant thing about this software is that we can easily send all of our invoices and expenses and get paid online with out any problem. Moreover, Zoho Books is so easy to use and very convenient software. The another best thing about this software is that it is the best accounting financial management software because it is the most reliable software for accounting as compared to its competitors.

Cons

The most obvious difficulty that we faced while using this software is that there features are not much advanced as compared to its competitors because it cannot provide the great features of sending expenses and finance to the business companies. The another problem of this software is that this software is very difficult for the new users and it is not so easy to learn how to handle our accounts and invoices. But still it is the best tool for business accounting.

Reviewed on 12/3/2018

Overall Zoho Books is easy to use and works very well for a small to medium business.

Pros

You can automate much of your purchasing and invoicing 'paperwork' process which is wasted time you can spend actually working on your business. It integrates easily with other Zoho products, QuickBooks and Google if you need it to.

Cons

While it is very easy to integrate with other zoho products like Zoho Expense it can sometimes be hard to understand how that integration is meant to work. Some best practice documentation like using Zoho Books and Zoho Expense would be great. For instance it took me a while to figure out that I needed to make sure I had chart of account line items in both. I assumed they would sync but they didn't. I had to go to expense and create the same custom line item I did in books. Not a big deal but it would have been helpful to know that I needed to do that. Customer Support can be very inconsistent. I've had very good experience with the chat support resolving my problems immediately. However, the ticket system and email can some times take days to respond. In particular, you don't have access to your support ticket so you don't know that it has been received or looked at, nor can you update it with any additional information.

Jaime
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

I have been using Zoho for years

When I first started my photography business I needed an invoicing program and I stumbled upon Zoho in my search. It had everything I wanted and was free. Here I am 6 years later still using it. Back then I only needed Zoho Invoice, but through the years I needed more organization than the invoicing program offers so I upgraded to Zoho Books. At that time I didn't realize that it wasn't truly it an upgrade, but rather a switch from one to the other. I was being double charged. It was a bit challenging contacting Zoho support (in 2013), but once I did they were happy to fix the problem and refund my duplicate payments for the two months prior. Setting up Zoho Books was a bit challenging and my only true complaint about Zoho is that the support system is very much lacking. I struggled to reach Zoho Support. When I finally did they were helpful, but it is a challenge to actually ever reach anyone. Other than that Zoho is AMAZING. I have referred MANY friends to this program through the years.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Customer Support and the lack of detail in payments received. My bookkeeper struggles to reconcile my PayPal payments because the fees aren't identified.

Rabeesh
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 2/3/2019

Easy software to use

I have a wounder full experience i zoho books . ts very easy to handle and more user friendly accounting software. Its easy to export the data excel sheet and pdf format. The facility of dashboard module is extremely different from other software. There is 24 hours customer support. There is tension free for security in data backup.

Pros

1. This software is very easy to handling my daily accounts job. We are doing an advertising agency and our main task is to handle the data in different project wise. Zoho books supports to handle a multiple projects at a time and easy to calculate cost of sale of each project. Its very helpful to present the overall view of each project to top level management and our clients. The Time tracking module in Zoho books shows each project profitability. Its very easy to take statement of account of each client on the basis of user demand.

2. In Zoho books, dashboard gives a wounder full experience for both Accountant and Management.It shows a bird eye view of finanacial position at a particular time period

3. Comparing from other software Zoho books give an accurate details of customer an vendors

4. Its very easy to create chart of accounts. and we get full details of account transactions of each account through (show transaction) option

5. The report module give to user a very wide details

Cons

1. Zoho books provide a least support to function key and short cut key. its time lapsing for user while using mouse

2. Its difficult to handle staff advance payment and there reimbursement

Kay
Kay

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

Solid, usable software with great support

After trying about six other accounting packages for my email marketing agency, I went with Zoho Books. It was the only one that handled multiple currencies seamlessly without requiring the very top/most expensive account level. While there are some things I wish it would do differently, it's by far the best of all the different accounting solutions I have tried. In addition, their support is fast and very, very good... every time I have a question or a problem, they either resolve it or inform me of a workaround (and log a feature request on my behalf) in a minimum of time and without any hassle. The other thing I like about Zoho Books is that their feature set is always expanding - you really do need to read the notes when they announce an update, as often I've found they've added something that makes my life easier that I wouldn't have found on my own.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. Multiple currency features is good.

Cons

Some of the multiple currencies stuff - especially to do with bank accounts and payment methods - is a little clunky.