Zoho Books Reviews

Visit Website

About Zoho Books

Zoho Books comes with automatic bank feeds, collaborative client portal, accounting and taxing, online payments, invoice templates and analytical reports. The system allows users to manage multiple time sheets of different...

4.2
4.2

Browse Zoho Books Reviews

Rexie
Rexie
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/2/2023

Brilliant Accounting and Book Keeping software!

Great! Not been using it long but it is a vast improvement on functionality and reporting compared to old software.

Pros

Love the customer portal! Our clients can use self service to manage their account with us and get all their invoice and payment records as well as access to documents like our T&Cs. The invoice generating is very quick and easy with lots of customisation and extra data collecting boxes. The app is reliable and easy to use with lots of functionality too. Retainer invoice function is great for us as we offer clients a promotion to top up their account in advance to receive discounts on future invoices so this works perfectly!

Cons

There is no auto connection to my particular bank yet so can't connect it all automatically as I did with my previous software however it allows for bulk uploads so you can still reconcile everything.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Lack of additional functions and reports weren't as relevant to our needs. Zoho Books came free with Zoho One plan and we were paying for Quickbooks so made sense to cut this cost.

It was included in Zoho One plan
Krishna
Krishna

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

It's an excellent internet service for small businesses

In general, Zoho Books is the finest accounting software for start-ups and small businesses. The following functionalities are included in this simple to use application: Assign Shortcuts, Create Quick Reports a UX that is easy to use, Software as a service (SaaS): It's simple to use and integrates well with the rest of the Zoho suite. Updates that arrive quickly and on a frequent basis.

Pros

As a whole, Zoho Books is an excellent tool for new businesses and organizations. It's an excellent choice. Having everything in one location is a great feature of this book. The reports are highly user-friendly, and the balance is simple to handle. Books has a wide range of features and is well-integrated with the company's other products.

Cons

When a financial institution makes an update, Zoho Books takes a long time to make the change, making it difficult to keep track of all expenditures. Statement import instructions are out-of-date. Customer service is terrible; no one ever tells you when an issue will be fixed.

Alicia

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

Blocks you when you need it.

Currently, Zoho Books is not capable of handling volume entries. You will be blocked if you go too fast, as I do. Then you have to wait hours before you can get back in. I created several users to be able to do my work. Also, the batch import feature does not work, since it does not pick up the product code on multi-line invoices. Our pricing went up last year, but Zoho's recurring invoices didn't pick up the new pricing, and the customers were invoiced at the old price, which caused massive service problems. Because of this, we are moving to another software, and I cancelled the auto-renewal with Zoho. Our access was immediately blocked (despite paying for the remainder of the year in advance), and now nobody has access to our own accounting. Currently, there is no one available in support to assist us, so we are waiting for a callback. It's beyond frustrating. The system is terrible, and the support is even worse. I do not recommend Zoho to any company.

Pros

It looks modern and intuitive.
It has a sales portal that customers can access online and view their invoices and payments. That is the feature that sold the program to us.

Cons

The debit and credit side is the wrong way round as it follows the Indian system. For example, in the UK a sales balance of -£100 means that the customer owes £100 pounds and has to pay. In Zoho however, it means that the customer is in credit by £100 and would potentially need a refund.

Blocks you if you type and click your mouse fast. There are problems with batch invoicing, and it takes a lot of time to review invoices one by one. The system does not extract more than 100 statements at a time. You really should find another system if your sales ledger is large.

Top Zoho Books Alternatives

Joel
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 14/2/2024

An outstanding accounting software

Zoho Books has made accounting reliable and efficient.

Pros

I like the way the software allows us to reconcile various transaction hence eliminating errors in reporting. Its ability to integrate it with inventory management makes it even better.

Cons

Their customer support is a bit slow in response but generally, I cant complain because they always offer help.

Darren
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Powerful and Invaluable tool at an incredible price

We love Zoho ability to access from anywhere and allows a business owner to monitor things even when they are not on site. The ease of use and consistency makes it very easy for training purposes and day to day use.

Pros

We love the way you can add further modules and expand into other areas like inventory with ease. The support is fast and efficient with a positive outcome every time. The consistency through every module bill s, invoicing, purchasing makes it a breeze to operate.

Cons

The only one annoyance is the search from some screens you need to know the exact customer name or item name to search. Where as some screens use a keyword search which is easy and fast to locate the information.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Lack on consistency with previous product and even doing the slightest thing seemed over complicated.

PowerQuote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

With the ability to integrate other modules was vital to us. The product had more vital features like re occurring invoices and billing. Stock control was important and a lot of other products don't have this ability alongside things like project managment.
Raksha
Raksha

Reviewed on 2/2/2023

Comprehensive Review of Zoho Books: The All-in-One Accounting Solution

Overall, the experience with Zoho Books is generally positive. The software is well-designed, user-friendly, and provides a range of features to support accounting and financial management. The integrations with other Zoho apps and tools are a big plus for businesses that already use Zoho products. The mobile app is also a useful feature for businesses that need to access financial information on the go.

Pros

I liked the following features of Zoho BooksUser-friendly interface with quick access to important featuresIntegrations with Zoho apps and third-party toolsAutomated invoicing and payment trackingMulti-currency supportBudgeting and financial reportingMobile app availableAffordable pricing, including a free planStrong customer support.

Cons

Along with Pros, these are the limitations I faced:Limited inventory management featuresLack of advanced project management featuresBasic time tracking functionalitySome features can be confusing for new usersLimited integrations compared to other accounting softwareLimited customization options for invoices and other forms.

FreshBooks and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Its worth considering that we chose Zoho Books over alternative products due to its user-friendly interface, integrations with other Zoho apps, affordable pricing, and strong customer support. Additionally, the software's focus on automating invoicing and payment tracking is a major selling point for businesses looking to streamline these processes.
Tracey
Tracey
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 7/3/2022

Intuitive and comprehensive accounting software, ideal for small businesses

Excellent software - use it daily to keep my records up to date, invoice customers and process payments. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Pros

Easy to use, mobile app is also excellent for updating on the move. Clear reporting, easy to take a snapshot of business performance. Tailorable so invoices are fully branded and customer e-mails can be tailored. Love the payment receipt feature so clients are updated once payment processed.

Cons

Can be a little tricky to set the profit & loss to cover the right months, need to play around with the dates.

Deepak
Deepak

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Great Collaboration

Great experience although after 2 years we are still learning, it is good for indian accounting system

Pros

The statement download from bank and reconciliation option is great
GST filing options are great
Dashboard is very well designed
Android application is very useful

Cons

I would have prefered if it has quotation sending options also
Process sometimes seems too long for creating manual vouchers

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

Great Tool For Suite Users

We are running all of our books for our small business with Zoho Books. It is simple to sync bank accounts and credit card accounts, and quickly categorize expenses, and run reports. Pleased with results.

Pros

Very simple to categorize funds, connectivity with other tools in Zoho Suite.

Cons

Anytime a new vender is updated to an expense item, the screen needs to be reloaded and refreshed before that same vender can be selected for another item.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Better accessability, and price point for us.

FreshBooks

Pricepoint and accessibility
William

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Support

NO Support

Pros

It is easy to setup and start using it. I loved it a lot but their support SUCKS

Cons

Their support sucks you go back in forth with someone that doesn't know about accounting.. So I am just going to find something else can consider all the work I have done in my account as a loss....

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

It seemed easier for what I needed

I am going back to QuickBooks what support they have is better than Zoho Books
Nikki
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave.

At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses.

I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

Pros

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

Cons

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

Wave and Fiverr Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

FreshBooks raised their rates to outrageous levels and gave little advance notice about it. The software was glitchy and my clients were complaining about having difficulty paying. Their system went down at least once a week, which has fortunately not happened to me yet with Zoho Books. Although FreshBooks touts their live customer support, I encountered some rather cranky people there (they were probably fed up with getting calls about the humongous price increase). I'd rather interact with a helpful Zoho support person via chat than an unpleasant FreshBooks support person by phone.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Although both Wave and And.co offer free versions, I found them harder to use (particularly Wave). Clients found Wave a bit glitchy and the software was not intuitive.
Bob

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

great option for accounting software

There's been a little bit of a learning curve - there are a few things that are just done a little differently than in other software. However, I've been able to accomplish everything I had in previous software. The most significant aspect to me, though, has been that Zoho offers a lot of accompanying software - i.e., not software that's needed to make Books work, but software with complementary uses - without seeming like they're trying to squeeze every last dollar out of me. Quite unlike Intuit.

Pros

It does everything that I need it to do, and for far less than it's competition.

Cons

There are a couple things that could be streamlined, although they don't lessen to actual functioning of the software.

FreshBooks, Sage 100, Wave and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Intuit just keeps increasing the price on pretty much everything, justifying it by claiming to add features - though the added features never had any use to me. Plus, I needed to lease a number of add-ons to be able to have QBO work the way I'd expect it to.

FreshBooks, Sage 100, Wave and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Functionality and cost. I used Quickbooks-Desktop for years, but the online software that's been developed more recently has too many advantages to keep using it. I also used Xero for a few years, and liked a lot of features - but it seemed geared for a different kind of business and lacked a few things I needed. Then I tried Quickbooks Online - it was barely within my budget, but I liked the features - but then they increased the price (significantly) after only one year of using it. But Zoho has really fit the bill - all the functionality I need, and at a price that's just a fraction of QBO's.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 26/3/2022

Zoho Books

My overall experience with Zoho has been pleasant. I can easily create invoice even on the go with my phone. I can quickly generate reports to check performance of the company and individual employees and I can track business expenses. The best part is also that I can easily link the app to my bank to reconcile what is in the bank with what is on Zoho book.

Pros

The layout of the website is user-friendly. The cellphone app makes it easy for you to instantly upload receipts and invoices for any purchases made.
I'm in Engineering and we are three different teams. Zoho allows us to assign expenses to each employee and to a particular project should we choose to. This means that you can easily track the expenses of each team and be quick to spot any problems with over expenses. You also get reports on different modules like sales, you can be able to track sales by sales person and assess performance of each employee.

There is also an option for customers to pay online which makes it really easy to make payments.

In addition from the different modules you can customize fields to suit your needs at any point in time.

Lastly they have added an awesome feature now where you can create a topic and comment on invoices and estimates and have an ongoing chat with other users that on the account regarding the invoice under which the chat is created and with only those invited users.

Cons

When I migrated from the software I used before Zoho to Zoho I had to upload the invoices from the previous software and the challenge was that Zoho did not allow me to specify and describe the invoiced item. All invoices that were uploaded ended up with the same description which wasn't pleasant.

When you assign expenses to employees, Zoho will not allow you to use the same email address for different "employees". This is unpleasant because as an admin person for my company, there are general expenses that I cannot assign to a specific person that need to be assigned under general expenses using my email address. There are also expenses that I incur on my own as an employee of the company that need to be assigned to me alone still using my email address and Zoho won't allow me to use the same email address for these two separate scenarios.

Also when you create an estimate and on that estimate you don't add tax, when you convert the estimate to be an invoice Zoho does not allow you to add tax if you want to.

QuickBooks Online Accountant

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Wave suggested the switch since they were partners with Zoho. Wave stopped operating in my region.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

The ease of layout and migration from the software I was already using. Also the fact that I trusted the Wave accounting and them recommending Zoho to me just gave Zoho an ultimate advantage over other products.
Babu

Reviewed on 10/5/2020

Zoho Books reconciles bank statement automatically and GST filing is way better than anything...

Overall, it's a boon, If you are in India then this is the takeaway software as it helps ease in filing GST reports.

Pros

This software when I started using I thought I made a wrong choice but as in when I started managing my accounts & Books for my business, It became my friend, an accountant indeed it did everything that an accountant would do with very little accounting knowledge. The best part is if you are a startup company and you do not have strict compliances then this is for you, you don't have to hire an accountant and DIY. :)

Cons

Support is the only part which sometimes made me upset as the Employees were not uniformly assisting as if they were not trained on customer service. The worse thing is they just have support for technical help and no bookkeeping support.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Features & pricing were the two elements that made me choose ZohoBooks.
Jabir

Reviewed on 1/6/2023

Good Online Accounting Software

Simple software, can do the accounting with less accounting knowledge, its able access from any were in online.

Pros

ZOHO has many other apps implementation and its able to customize according to our requirement.

Cons

Reporting format of Balance sheet and Profit loss in excel need to improve.

QuickBooks Time and TallyPrime

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Can Access from anywhere, for our client can access from the abroad
Juliana
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 16/10/2022

Easy finances with Zoho Books

Zoho Books is helping us automate many processes that we do every day on our business, many tasks and many payments that we receive throughout the week. It is a software that is extremely helpful when it comes to setting up a workflow that will benefit our work environment, and it provides useful solutions to manage payments, invoices, and all the financial data that comes with it, it has made everything easier because we don't have to worry about manually processing every payment or manually creating and sending an invoice, with Zoho Books, all these things become simple and we are able to keep a directory with all the crucial information for payments and invoices.

Pros

Zoho Books is an accounting software that provides the best experience when automating the accounting workflow. It has a great variety of tools that help enhance the process and I like how once the data has been imported, it only takes a few clicks to process payments and other billing options. Also, the option to manage all invoices is pretty beneficial, it allows me to keep track of all the payments that clients need to make and it provides a place where I can keep track of these invoices every month and know how much people owe our business; thanks to this feature, it also allows me to process payments differently, because I can have all the data in this single place and it makes it easier to integrate with many payment options so everything is done quicker, providing a nice experience for both ourselves as a business and for our clients. I like that Zoho Books is very user-friendly and it was not difficult to import all the data in order to start using it.

Cons

I think that the customer support is lacking a lot, it feels like they keep trying to be responsive but still, they do take a lot of time to get back to you once reached out. I don't like this part of the software because it does not feel like I can fully rely on them for help.

Sayed
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 16/4/2023

Zoho Books

Zoho boos was a very good app but there are better accounting apps out there.

Pros

Zoho Books is a cloud-based accounting software it offers invoicing, expense tracking, inventory management, and financial reporting. software has an easy user-friendly interface. It has automation capabilities, such as automatic bank feeds and recurring invoices, have been praised for saving time and streamlining accounting tasks.It also has flexibility and customizability of Zoho Books. The software offers a range of integrations with other apps and services, such as payment gateways, CRM software, and project management tools.

Cons

Customer supprt and tech support isnt really upto mark nd even learning the software is a little difficult and it taes time and steep learning curve to gets hands on experience.

Tracy
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/3/2023

The Best way to manage your Businesses Finances

I never used to know what was going on with my business financials. Now at a glance, I can see money coming and I have an overview of how the business is performing. Tax season is no longer a complete nightmare as everything we need is in Zoho Books.

Pros

Zoho Books is extremely easy to use. I love that I now have 1 place where I do all my invoicing and that I can customise the invoices to my own branding. I love that I can send the invoice to clients directly from the software and then have auto reminders go out to the clients as well as send a Thank you when I receive payment. I also love the ability to link it to my business bank account – so I can reconcile my invoices and transactions easily. Come tax season my accountant can easily access all the reports she needs for any period.

Cons

At first, it was a bit tricky to understand how to link up my bank account but eventually managed to figure it out.

Sanjay
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/9/2017

Zoho Books: Accounting software for Sma and Medium Enterprise

Overall good software for small and medi enterprise with good features.

Pros

Zoho books is cloud based accounting software with many impressive features. Below are the pros of ZOHO Books

1. Zoho comes with many inbuilt accounting software features like inventory management, Payroll processing, Sales and Purchase booking etc.
2. Can be integrated with your online shoping websites like shopify, woocommerce and many more.
3. Automatc recurring expense booking like depreciation, monthly rent etc.
4. Zoho has rebust cloud technology and provides 99.99% downtime, also provides top security for your data protection.
5. In cloud based software there is negligible risk of data loss as service provider regularly takes backup of data.
6. Cloud based software are are far better than DOS based or windows based softwares.
7. Zoho books is available with reasonable price compared to other cloud based software.

Cons

1.As compared to Quickbooks online many features are missing.
2.Disadvantage of cloud based software is it becomes difficult to shift to windows based software as data can not be transferred easily.
3. Zoho attracts consumer by quoting very less fees for 1st year but from next years there is steep increase in charges.

Ann

Reviewed on 22/9/2015

Go-To Invoicing Software Everyone Should Have

We are a company that's 10 years in the industry. We cater a thousand orders a month and getting an invoicing software that's basically gonna do the job is essential. We've been to a couple of invoicing software but none of those were good enough to bring with us on our road to success. The last software we've got literally ruined our business for a couple of months that we decided to give it up until I found Zoho books. I have heard much of Zoho from my virtual assistant colleagues and their employers have been using them for a while. I decided to sign up for a free trial and loved it! It does almost everything that we need in an invoicing software. Its payment reminders allow us to optimize our collections every month and it keeps going. Its ability to track overdue invoices, customizing templates, and custom fields were a tremendous help in making sure our documents are as accurate as we need them to be. Customer service is also a big help. Someone always answers the phone on their end, emails are being replied in a timely manner and call backs are done in less than 24 hrs. All these for $24 a month which is kind of awesome. We are probably going to stick with Zoho for a while and we are just even starting.

Reports are also pretty detailed and is a big help for us to track our progress. On the other side of the coin, I hope they also have an API integrated in their system. Makes it easier for our vendors.

I recommend it to small to large scale business who are looking to integrate their accounting and invoicing (probably their inventory as well with Zoho Inventory on the way). Zoho Books is for you.

Pros

Pros:

1. Reports. We needed to track our progress down every week and what better way it is than to view our reports. Zoho allows you to get a report for Sales Person, Items and Customer. It's detailed report on overdue invoices are great for us to pound the ones that need to pay.

2. Payment Reminders. Our invoices are always set in an open account. Therefore, we need an automated system to remind our customers about their due invoices. Works great for our collection!

3. Customer Service. They are always good at getting back to you. When no one is available to answer your call, tehy are going to call you back in less than 24 hrs. Their email support is also pretty quick they wont leave you hanging.

Cons

Zoho is good about getting a constructive suggestion done.

However, I wish they have an API integration with the system. Also with the Zoho Inventory along hte way, Im pretty sure they will be a perfect go-to software for our company.

Matt

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

If you have Zoho CRM This product is a must

Pros

This product Hooks up easily to Zoho CRM. The product works almost fluidly with the CRM. it makes it easy to see each client payment and how much we have received each month. The information the books hold really helps for some financial reports. The Reports do make my life easier kindof. Books make it easy to bill clients and it keeps all the information in one place.

Cons

The Reports as mention in my pros are missing some really good information that is already there in the system. They want me to pay for Zoho reports, but to my understanding Zoho reports, I would still need to go in and set it up. In our business every month we have to pay out our salespeople. fist I'm not able to split commissions easily or add multiple salespeople to an invoice. second, if I look up sales by salesperson by month it gives me all invoices created in the month, not all invoice paid. We sell expensive web projects and could take months to close. so it is unhelpful for me to see monthly sales report because it is not correct. they also have a "payments received" a report that comes in Zoho books. This report gives me monthly sales but does not add the sales person to the report. So I build a report that takes 30 min to an hour top. I have asked them to fix this and they told me to get Zoho reports

Jeethendra
Jeethendra

Reviewed on 11/9/2023

From free to paid subscription

Overall I liked the experience since we deal in both retail & software industry in one account itself.

Pros

The ease of using the zoho books across all the device since the data is stored in server rather than tally in which the data is stored locally in the system.

Cons

Nothing to complain as such, but you can say demo or training is necessary extensively to use the application in more productive way.

QuickBooks Enterprise
steve

Reviewed on 21/2/2020

for a 1 man shop, it's a nice, inexpensive alternative

in the ~2 years i've been using the software, i've seen dramatic improvements over all (it felt very "beta" when i started, it now feels much more robust).

Pros

cost and the ability to build your own integration tools.

compared to other options (unnamed here, but you know who they are), it is VERY cost efficient and effective. depending on options chosen with alternatives it costs anywhere from 25% to 75% of what The Other Guys offer.

i've even been able to write some integrations with it (using some powerful and reasonably well documented REST APIs)

Cons

the interface is a bit clunky - things like matching take a bit of getting used to.

banking integration only allows one sync per 24 hour period.

Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 26/3/2018

All in One Accounting Solution for SME businesses

Pros

A true CRM tool for sales people with the tools the ability to give accountants information needed. You can provide invoicing and estimates for clients as well as get an overview of sales for the year, the month and other important information. We have been using Zoho for over 5 years and almost swear by it, especially in our line of business with integration with payment options, we can accept multiple payment options from clients without changing our workflow. Whether used on its own or used with the other suite of Zoho apps, Zoho Books is definitely a recommended tool for anyone starting out and looking for an affordable accounting/CRM solution.

Cons

Only administrators can adjust invoices once they have been sent which limits functionality for larger sales teams.
Cancelling an estimate or invoice even when in draft mode is not as straightforward as when you create one.
Mobile apps for Zoho Books is not as easy to use as the web app, if you are running a business, it is good for viewing sales at a glance but it is not ideal for CRM on the go.
There is a slight learning curve to use Zoho Books for accounts especially if you are coming from another accounting suite.

Troy
Troy
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 11/9/2019

Zoho Books is the best online accounting software.

This software makes so easy for us that how we can better manage our sales, marketing, invoices and accounts. It gives you all financial reports, payments process and sales and marketing features. I always recommended this software for the business companies which is always worried about the payment recurring and payment transaction.

Pros

Zoho Books makes our life so easier by managing all of our invoices and expenses and get ready your checks to get rid all of our our money easily. By using this efficient software, we cannot worried about our banks accounts, transactions problems and we can easily collaborate with our customer and accountant. Through the Zoho Books software, our payments integration is always great and fabulous. Zoho Books also have the reporting features which gives you complete reports of your sales, marketing and purchasing information at anytime.

Cons

This software is not so easy to use especially for the beginners is that they cannot easily handle the advanced payments and in this why they faced a lot of problems about the payments acceptance and invoices recurring. But otherwise it is best for the payment transaction, invoices recurring and expenses.