Podio Reviews

About Podio

Citrix Podio is a project management and social collaboration tool. It allows businesses to create custom applications to best meet unique business requirements and preferred workflow—without the need for technical skills or...

4.2
3.9

Browse Podio Reviews

Reviewed on 22/8/2022

Amazing platform for managing anything

Pros

Podio is a fully featured platform that allows you to manage any process. We use it as our ERP and we manage all our company processes there. We are a corporate training organization and we sell workshops. In podio we create and keep track from the beginning of the process, the delivery of the courses and the follow up. We have developed with time a quite complex and at the same time simple custom platform for our needs.

Cons

Reporting is quite limited and not very customizable. Also views could be more sophisticated and customizable.

Reasons for Switching to Podio

Podio is much more than a project management platform or CRM. It lets you build your own system as you want... is like a Lego
Eugenio

Reviewed on 15/7/2021

a good collaboration tool for begginners of companies that can spend a lot of time in it

it is quite good, the best for us was to share information about leads

Pros

we can have in one place all the leads we have and all the workers can upload information about that lead, so we check there all we have from them.

Cons

the support it is not very good, the price it is quite high and at the end we were moving to MNprogram but we still could not do the change

MNprogram

Reasons for Choosing Podio

because MNprogram still do not have the form in english with the fields we need in our leads.

MNprogram

Reasons for Switching to Podio

because podio can edit the form and have the connection with sage for accounting.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 8/3/2024

Used to be good now is outdated and poor customer service

I went from love to dissappointment. For many years it served us to organize the workflows of the company but gradually it was left behind and today it is an outdated and expensive platform. In addition, the customer service is really disappointing.

Pros

It's good for working with databases and relations among them. We used to have our complete ERP built in Podio.

Cons

- Podio used to be a good alternative when workspaces were customizable and external users could interact with the platform easily. However, this changed unilaterally and without notice, rendering most applications useless.
- Compared to platforms like Notion, Podio's system and infrastructure are perceived as outdated and difficult to configure.
- The customer service is poor, with delayed responses and a lack of empathy towards the customers.
- It is more expensive than more powerful and customizable platforms.

Top Podio Alternatives

BuildingConnected

Salesforce Sales Cloud

• Industry: Research

Reviewed on 1/4/2024

Podio: A Brilliant Tool for Transforming Project Data

Pros

The reliability of Podio has been making it an incredible tool.
Podio is easy to use and reliable.

Cons

I like the effective features of Podio.
Podio is flawless.

Jorge
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

Customization is the key

You can build a whole information system to support all your organization's areas in the same platform. Obviously, in a service with so many possibilities, everything can be as good as an average solution. If you need a specialized CRM, there's a more expensive alternative and the same is true for email marketing, database manager, webform embeds, etc. The upside of Podio is having it all in the same place, which makes it really convenient.

Pros

Podio is like a canvas that comes blank and can be as deep as your imagination goes. It's extremely customizable and that makes it more than viable to any organization. It's a platform that can go in any direction you need, you just have to learn javascript to get it's full potential.

Cons

Platform outages are more common than i'd like. Every month there are at least 2 or 3 incidents that make reliability the goal Citrix should be after.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Podio

Price. The licensing model used by Podio works better for us.
Ryan

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Podio is the best CRM

Overall Podio is so much better than every other CRM we have used. I've recommended it to everyone in my industry.

Pros

I love how we can customize everything and how many integrations are supported.

Cons

Not a fan of the UI. Looks outdated and can be confusing for new users.

Manuel
Manuel

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

The best CRM and working software

Pros

It is amazing how it can integrate with so many things, send emails, sms, signatures. The files can be organized with just a click. It is also suitable for any type of business sin it can be customize. At a good price

Cons

Extremely difficult to set up. Requires additional help to do it

Reasons for Switching to Podio

Because Podio has it all. You can have any type of business in it and your entire team cooperating and communicating on time

Reviewed on 17/8/2019

Podio is the best tracking software for the multiple projects.

Podio is the best to keep track all of our important emails, tasks and projects in a simple manner. Podio is an outstanding software for the project and management. I can share all of my important projects with my friends and team members but one by one. It really allow me to manage all of my important tasks and store the important information in a one place such as assign projects. My project management activities are easily handle by the extreme planner software. Wen I complete all of my tasks assignment and multiple projects, then I always choose the Podio software. Podio is the great for the project and tasks assignments. I would recommended this software to everyone.

Pros

Podio is the great customizable software. The best thing about the Podio software is that we can track all of our important tasks and multiple projects at a one time and it is the only possible through the Podio software. We can easily collaborate with our team members and colleagues in a more efficient way. I can always use this efficient software for better manage my personal projects.Podio is one of the best project management software. The another great advantage of this software is that we can easily organized all of our important projects and assignment tasks in a group and colleagues. This software has outstanding features such as it has the great ability to create the custom folders in a more efficient way. Through this software, it is so easy for us to create a tasks and store a large amount of information in a project software.

Cons

The disadvantage of this software is that for the new users that they faced a lot of problem about the sharing of the multiple projects with our colleagues and team members at a one time. Hence, sharing of projects is so difficult for the beginners and users. This software lack a lot of features which is very essential for the new users. Podio software is not so easy to use. For the beginners, it is a little challenges for us to create a tasks and better manage our projects . It is so difficult in learning to use many of the features in a properly manner. But otherwise it is very simple for us to create a tasks to the specific projects.

Colin
Colin

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Podio - Flexible collaboration tool for teams

It's difficult to describe Podio in a few sentences as it's flexibility and extensibility through the addition of apps from the library or creating your own means that it can be used for many different things.

We've used it for project management and as a simple space to hold and share information when several external parties are involved. It means everyone can see what needs to be shared and current status with compromising internal systems and worrying about correct security settings for various parties.

Podio isn't always first choice for team collaboration as there may already be solutions in place that clients prefer (for example, Microsoft Teams), but it is a quick way to pull disparate people and data together and get working quickly.

As with all collaboration tools, it needs a bit of planning to configure it best for the type of project you want to use it for, but once you have used it a couple of times setup should be quick. For 'standard' users who have a degree of competence with collaboration software, the interface is intuitive and they should get up to speed pretty quickly.

If you work in an Agile environment, all the tools are there to configure an Agile project and get started quickly.

Some people love Podio immediately, others don't get it. Try out with a couple of small projects to get familiar with it; keep it as simple as possible - Podio's greatest strength is that you don't need to add more features/apps than are suited to the job.

Pros

Fast to configure for team collaboration on a variety of tasks - from the simple to fully featured Agile project management.

Adding only the apps you need means you can have a flexible and bespoke approach to each project depending on the requirements.

Easy to share with external users.

Cons

The flexibility that can be a strength can also be a weakness. There needs to be strong leadership over configuration and apps included.

The number of apps that can be added and the configurable options can lead to unnecessary complexity in the hands of inexperienced users.

If you have complex security requirements, configuration can be a pain.

Patrick
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 15/9/2023

The Scheduling Manager you need

I have had a good experience with Podio. It has helped me manage my database for several years.

Pros

I mainly use Podio to enter my customers in to a database and add or subtract information as needed. I am able to customize Podio to exactly what I need for each customer. I can schedule the customers.

Cons

It took me a few hours to learn how to use Podio, but other than that, there are few things that I dislike about Podio.

Thryv

Reasons for Switching to Podio

Cost and ease of use was a big factor
Miguel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

Project management with all the bells and whistles.

Podio is powerful, indeed. I ranked it a bit lower than most as my focus has always been around small businesses. And Podio might simply be too much for that sector. But it does offer an impressive array of features that perhaps small businesses with lots of development background need. It seems to wrap too many features into one product and many organizations simply do not work this way. But the concept of keeping all this functionality in one single place does make it appealing. Yet, there is much to be desired for regarding features in each category. Project Management, for example. It has features that are very common among competitors, but lacks features like milestones, issue tracking, defects, testing, epic and story hierarchies, etc. It simply does not provide the power one would expect from a solid project management functionality. Instead of ramping up these features, others are added, such as a CRM and financial features, etc. I would not entirely dismiss Podio, as it might be exactly what your organization's structure needs. Perhaps a quick test drive would do. I found it cumbersome for my small business, especially since I was already managing my clients using another CRM and my financials were being managed by another online application... keeping them all isolated and visible only to the required personnel.

Pros

Podio is feature rich and more aligned with larger companies with design and development teams. It offers a wide range of views to fit any and all your needs. Create and manage workspaces with ease. Podio is much more than just a project management tool. It offers the ability to track leads and clients with default or customizeable templates to display their details. Manage projects, portfolios and much more. With a focus on the creative (design) and development, Podio offers much more than one can ask for. It even offers an impressive library of APIs for customization and integrations. Track tasks with incredible details including time. Podio even gives you a place to track expenses. If your organization is looking for a product that keeps everything in one place, Podio might provide this for you.

Cons

Despite the rave reviews on the Pros, I believe that Podio is just too much for the average project management role. It feels as though it is trying to combine the features of a CRM, Financial System and Project Management product all in one place. Most organizations are simply not structured in a way that all these features should reside in one system. Perhaps it will work for some, which is why Podio does have a strong hold in the industry.

Reviewed on 30/1/2018

Love this tool, fully customizable!

I'm using the free version, so for me it's a free project management tool that can be customized to track any type of project or process. I can assign and schedule tasks for any user in the workspace.

Pros

It can do anything! There are pre-developed apps and packages of apps that you can add to your workspace to get started quickly. Those modules can be modified to meet your needs. OR, you can create your own apps to serve your own purposes. I've created my own apps for a variety of workspaces and have found it can do almost anything! So far we've used it for lead development, website development/QA, order tracking, and customer feedback handling. Love that we can assigne and schedule tasks for any user in the workspace. We're a small team, so the free version has been able to meet our needs as well.

Cons

It can be time consuming to figure out how build your own applications. The pre-built apps are great to start with, but then you have to visualize how to modify them to meet you unique needs. Not bad, just a learning curve. Also, the per user per month expenses can add up quickly if you need the more advanced features.

Emily

Reviewed on 25/7/2016

High Customization Project Management

Pros

The level of customization is amazing, and really makes Podio an incredibly versatile tool. Even with the mid-level plus pricing plan, we've utilized custom workspaces for a large variety of use cases throughout our company. The team at Podio also releases updates fairly often, which is great to see. Almost every update has added value to how we use the application.

It's obvious that the Podio team has put a lot of work into what they have released thus far. The quality is great, and I can't think of anything that doesn't work properly or that feels messy. I'm confident that new features they release in the future will be just as well polished.

Cons

The number one limitation to Podio is the lackluster permission structure. On one hand, it has really forced us to create truly collaborative and transparent workspaces. However, it has also made it /impossible/ to use Podio for certain more sensitive applications. It is also incredibly annoying that there isn't an overall admin group for the total organization. We have multiple admins for our Podio organization (who help create and maintain workspaces), and each of us have to be added to every workspace as an admin in order to maintain the system. This means that our feeds get spammed with activity from every workspace, making it pretty useless for our own needs. It also bloats some of our workspaces, and makes it tricky to maintain stuff.

In the plus price level, reports are kind of a joke. I believe they get a lot better in the higher plans, but plus level reports are almost useless.

Ricky

Reviewed on 31/1/2017

Podio. Great Tool That Not Enough People Know About

At our local Red Cross we needed a simple way to keep track of volunteer info and first aid training participants. It used to be a very manual process and being a small branch I couldn't convince admin to spring for an expensive CRM.

My search landed me on the Podio website and I gave it a try. What an amazing tool it proved to be. It took a few weeks to get the hang of it (mainly because I had no previous experience with CRMs) but it has now become a central part of operations. We now can't imagine life without it.

Now that we have it set up just the way we want it we can now easily figure out how many volunteers have been trained in not just First Aid but all of the other courses we offer.

We have an easy way to check the number of events each volunteer has attended over any given period.

Using webforms we have a really simple way for clients to requests First Aid volunteers at their events which automatically notifies the people we've specified so following up is now much easier.

It has an iPhone app so even on the go staff always have access to data as long as there is an internet connection.

I could go on and on but I think I would say my favourite feature is the customizability. It doesn't do everything (nothing does) but even with a free account you can get so much done it's simply mind blowing. Looking forward to the improvements (which have been never ending since we signed up).

I now use it at my job to keep track of staff info and again it has become an invaluable tool significantly speeding up my workflow.

Pros

Ease of use
Price (free option is great)
Very customisable

Cons

Would love the ability to print pdf reports instead of just exporting Excel files

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Very Customizable But Poor Integrations

It has been able to handle everything we needed it to do. I wish I went with a bigger name, like SalesForce just so everything communicates without needing a programmer to try and make everything play nice, but it is DEFINITELY cost effective and if your company isn't more than 10 employees, DEFINITELY gets the job done. I haven't seen any noticeable upgrades in 4 years, so I'm not sure how actively they are looking to improve it, but at the same time, it is very flexible.

Pros

Anything you can throw at it, it can do. Integrates with Zapier for most other software. Make it an all in one software for everything, not just a singular function (where we messed up).

Cons

It is not natively supported by a lot of other vendors so without Zapier or an expensive developer, you are either ALL IN with Podio or you may have issues growing and scaling. We didn't run into these until we were really big and not being able to automate some of our processes with other software's bottlenecked us.

Giorgi

Reviewed on 25/6/2018

Worth the money you pay!

Pros

Podio has been a huge help for the project management purposes as the platform offers highly customizable and flexible settings to adapt even the internal user interface to the requirements/characteristics of the project. What's more, the functionality and the adaption to the external apps as well as the useful add-ons give the platform more functionality that saves a lot of time and effort searching for those in another system.
For the smaller organizations, you can start with free plan/trial, however, if you want to take it seriously and benefit fully, I'd advise going for the paid versions.

Cons

There are few cons of the system. Sometimes it seems to be lagging and it's hard to determine whether it's due to the load it puts on the browser and the computer lags or the system as well as it's cloud-based.
What's more, for the new users, due to extended functionalities after some time of customization, it's hard to be easily acquired.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Look no further!

Pros

This is by far the easiest project management software to work with - if you are considering using it, just try it out for a few days and you will be sold!

Cons

Nit-picky things like how difficult it can be to remove someone from your employee network when they stop working for you.

monday.com , Asana and Smartsheet
Armand

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Blank Slate for Project Collaboration

Podio is awesome. For some reason it reminds me of the Campaign Builder within Infusionsoft but for process development instead of automated marketing. Podio is powerful once you figure it out.

Pros

Podio is flexible. Any Process flow you can map, can be created in Podio. I have used Podio in multiple industries. Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, just to name a few.

Cons

Podio has an outdated visual interface. Overall the application isn't as intuitive as other Project Collaboration tools that I have used.

Barbara

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Podio is great place to divide your workspaces

Overall, Podio is very user friendly. I'm unsure of the exact cost as the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] handles that. I like the functionality of Podio in that we can have employees submit their applications right in the platform and then build their employee files off of that application.

Pros

I like having all the different workspaces to separate our different company locations and depts. I like the ease of setting an employee up or removing an employee and the ease of inviting an employee to a workspace.

Cons

I don't like if I have an employee who is no longer at one work space and moved to another, I can't easily move their workspace location. I have to create separate workspaces in different workspaces for an employee.

Ashley
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 27/6/2018

Terrible software and the most frustrating, ridiculous customer support experience I've ever...

Pros

It was suggested to me by a friend, but I hated just about everything about it - it was frustratingly complicated and overly difficult to use.

Cons

After purchasing a subscription, I found the software to be overly complicated, so I cancelled my account. However I continued to be billed for the next 2 months. I began contacting them about those charges, asking for a refund. While communicating with their "support", they stated they do not provide refunds, and refused to do anything. So I filed a dispute with my credit card company for the 2 charges. The CC company found in my favor and refunded both charges back to me. As soon as that happened, it must have marked the invoices as "unpaid" in Podio's system, and they began sending them to me again on a daily basis asking for payment. I resumed communication with them, asking for them to close out my account, close out the pending invoice and stop sending me emails. They responded to every ticket stating that they don't process refunds. I wasn't asking for a refund, I had already been refunded by my CC company. I was asking them to stop emailing me about the invoice that had already been decided in my favor. Finally I get an email stating my account was closed and I wouldn't get anymore emails. 5 days later, the emailed invoices resumed - this time being sent to not one, but TWO of my email addresses. The lengths they will go to, to harass a customer over a bill is asinine. It has been four months and the issue is still not resolved, and I continue to receive daily emails about my "outstanding" invoice.

Response from Cloud Software Group

Hi Ashley,

We are sorry to hear about this experience with billing and customer service. Thanks for sharing! We will do our best to improve this going forward.

Podio team / Citrix

Replied 24/7/2018
L.C.

Reviewed on 1/9/2016

Customer Support and Billing Horrible!

Podio customer service and billing is horrible! I am so angry that I upgraded to the $24 per month plan and was charged $244.56! The invoice and payment receipt came in at the same time without giving any notice that the $24 plan that I signed up for was now up to over $200.
The customer chat said I could request a phone call to get the issue resolved, however, no one ever called. The email resolution department was NO help! All they could say was it would be corrected on the next billing cycle. I need it corrected Now! Had I wanted to spend that much per month I would have signed up for the 5 person $120 per month plan.
No phone support to assist customers and extremely disappointing customer service.

Pros

I like the program but not for $250 per month when I am the only person in my organization

Cons

NO PHONE SUPPORT! Although they tell you that you may request phone contact if you have a billing problem. There is No phone support.

Susan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 1/4/2019

Project Management Tool for Aspiring Entrepreneurs

Pros

Podio is a great platform. Or it was for many years my go-to suggestion for budding entrepreneurs who were growing true businesses from the ground up. It's quite feature rich. The usual project/task management, file sharing and workflow monitoring are present, as well as Podio's unique Apps feature (use pre-built internal apps or create your own). You could truly have a entire org with all of it's departments running within the Podio ecosphere. And with their openAPI functionality, the sky's the limit.

Pricewise there is a free tier if you have 5 or fewer users, and several options for larger group use. Not cheap if you have dozens of employees, but if you are a small start-up or business the price is right.

Cons

Last I used it, my major grip with Podio was system stability, when last I used Podio (it's been about 12 months now) it was suffering from downtime/tech issues.

Susan

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Podio is a great relational database system

I have since transferred my business CRM to Zoho (more integrations and established processes) but keep Podio for personal use. I keep track of household accounts , vacation reservations and more.

Pros

It is so flexible in types of information to capture and ability to create relationships between entities. I have not found this level in other software tools.

Cons

Because it is so flexible, very little has been set up advance which makes set up a little more labor intensive. They offer templates but I found it easier to start from scratch. Also the automation was not as intuitive to se up.

Tamara
Tamara

Reviewed on 4/8/2023

trash. major trash system in 2023

trash. Customer service is non existent

Pros

Easy Integrations. But will be useless when you see how the system can ruin everything you built in a blink of an eye.

Cons

One mistake like importing a file incorrectly wipes out your entire database. There are no undo features. Good luck being human with this app. There arent any directions with how to work the system. Money hungry developer with customer not in mind. Slow to implement basic functions.

Kara
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 8/9/2017

Our company used podio for about 3 years as a custom CRM. It was reliable, easy, and improved...

This streamlined our lead intake process, helped us better achieve our sales goals, and took our professionalism to a new level. Additionally it offered us more measurable metrics, some basic automation/workflows, and a clearer sales pipeline.

Pros

The flexibility of the software, the cloud-based nature, and the ease of use. I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Cons

We're ready for a more inclusive marketing automation software that integrates with our web presence as a more robust CRM. This was a great product that served us well, but our business needs are different now.