About Divvy

Divvy is a free cloud-based accounting and expense management solution for businesses. Key features include managing payments and subscriptions, building strategic budgets, automated expense reports and virtual cards. Divvy...

4.7
4.7

Browse Divvy Reviews

Brett
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Company Spend & Budgeting Tool

We wanted a solution for our different departments to have control over their spend while making sure we still had firm controls and oversight in place. Divvy met all those requirements for free.

Pros

Divvy has a great budgeting tool that allows you to easily segment departments so that they are in control of their own spend. Their app is easy to use to keep track of reciepts and ensure your team is in compliance. Best of all everything is free.

Cons

Getting set up and a credit line is a bit cumbersome as I have seen other companies have a much easier onboarding and offer higher levels of credit.

Maddie

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

I appreciate how simple it is to keep track of invoices and receipts

Divvy is a unique tool that provides an all-in-one solution for your needs. In addition to issuing the card, they also handle all of the associated expenses. All of our expenses are now coded in Accounting so that our field workers can simply submit receipts and a business reason and move on.

Pros

Because it is so user-friendly, this program has completely changed the way we track our expenditures and enter our data. Because each employee may now input their receipts, it has saved our accounting department many hours of labor each month. Divvy is a fantastic service. It's simple to pick up. I was worried I'd be disoriented, but a quick scan of the area turns up everything I need.

Cons

ACH transactions are taking too long to process. We'd want to be able to send PayPal monies straight to Divvy for payments. It is not possible to map QBO tags for transactional line items at this time. Improvements are constantly needed, just as with any other piece of software. Divvy is always striving to improve the procedure.

Kim
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 15/9/2022

Divvy changed the way we do business!

Pros

Divvy gave us the ability to allow employees to pay for expenses with company funds as opposed to having to use their own funds and wait to be reimbursed.
Divvy gives us the ability to manage requests "on the go".
Divvy integrates with Quickbooks which is super helpful.
Divvy rewards program fits our organization much better than previous rewards programs. It allows for multiple options and depending on what we have going on at the time, we utilize the various options given. Sometimes we take a statement credit, other times we use it for unexpected travel and yet sometimes, we find it most advantageous to receive a check that we can use for things like purchasing equipment that is needed we didn't budget for in a particular fiscal year.

Cons

It still has some quirks that need worked out. From what we understand, it is a fairly new software. When syncing with Quickbooks, it doesn't always seem to work correctly. We have had instances where receipts disappeared that were uploaded to the mobile app. It isn't quite as intuitive as other software in our opinion. The user interface could be improved. When you go back in to update a transaction after it has been synced, you have to remember to resync it. The problem with this is that there is nothing that prompts you to do so.
Overall though, we would still recommend this software.

Expensify and SAP Concur

Top Divvy Alternatives

tetyana
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 13/8/2022

Divvy

- customer service doesn't know anything and can't help you
- all decisions about your account are made by a remote department
- the customer service sends an email to find out the reason for blocking the divvy account
- emails sent by customers to the department that blocked your account remain unanswered
- the divvy account can be blocked at any time without any explanation
- divvy gets access to all your company's data, including bank accounts

Pros

In the divvy company, I liked the most that you can receive an automatic pre-approved credit. After passing all the verification stages, you get access to virtual card divvy.

Cons

I could not benefit from my divvy account because it was blocked a few hours after I received the request to open the account

Anthony

Reviewed on 22/7/2022

Perfect for our small construction company.

Using Divvy has solved so many issues for us. First in foremost we've saved roughly 30-40 hours a month in receipt tracking. It's very easy to set up and use. We're very happy with Divvy.

Pros

We loved how easy it was to roll out to our employees. Each card came with instructions. Very little had to be done to get the ball rolling.

We love how visible the spend in our company is. We have a much better understanding on how much we spend per expense. A lot better than the manual method we were using.

The cards work! We've tried other services that had declined transactions on a regular basis. These cards have had no issues.

Cons

We've had very little in the way of complaints. Currently the Divvy cards have a spend limit of $100 when purchasing fuel. From my understanding this is a VISA issue and out of their control. I would also say that there are better platforms for larger businesses. Our company has around 50 employees and Divvy ended up being perfect for us.

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

Mesh had problems with cards declining and the software seemed to be in a beta phase.

Mesh Payments

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

We wanted to find a platform with low monthly costs. Divvy is a free service from a business standpoint. You simply use their cards. Other platforms had this as an option but typically bundled a number of things we didn't need along with it.
Kelsi
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 25/2/2022

Divvy is the BEST

Amazing. I truly enjoyed working with our Implementation Manager and felt like they worked with us as a partner, not a client. They were willing to work with us on all of our many asks.

Pros

Divvy is a very innovative product that allows for you to have an all in one product. They not only issue the card, but they provide the expense management. With their help, we have been able to bring all expense coding inside Accounting to allow for our teammates in the field to just submit a receipt and a business purpose and move on.

Cons

The reimbursement and reporting side could use some work. Divvy does not charge for reimbursements and does not make money for that part of the product, so I understand that it is not their priority, however to make a better product they would puts some resources there.

Spendesk and Expensify

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

We wanted to streamline our process and find a better product for our teammates.

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

Divvy had the best platform and price
Grant

Reviewed on 2/8/2022

Great Spending Management Tool

My overall experience with Divvy has been fantastic. It is very easy to set up many people with a company credit card that has spending limit customizations. You can also implement various budgets and incorporate your chart of accounts to manage spending by account. Receipt uploading is also really simple and it serves as a great storage option for receipts and other support.

Pros

- Perfect for mid-to-large companies
- Easy to log in and use
- Quick to learn
- Easy to request new credit cards
- Budget and spend management

Cons

- Support can be a little lacking depending on what you need help with

• Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 24/8/2022

Finally Expenses are Easy

fantastic and super easy to use.

Pros

My team always hated doing expenses monthly and sometimes they would pile up to be quarterly reports. Needless to say accounting hated us. Since the deployment of Divvy we are now almost real time. Receipts never go missing and budgets are now properly managed for travel. Each team/member has a limited and it is controlled in the app. Overall this is a great addition to our software that we use and I recommend it to everyone.

Cons

I cant say much to this topic for my use I like everything.

Reviewed on 19/8/2022

Divvy makes expense tracking seamless

Divvy has made it easier for our team to have a bird's eye view of what we're spending each month. There are no surprises at the end of the month.

Pros

I love not having to ask people for a company credit card and having to keep track of physical receipts. Everything is done within the app and it's extremely easy to request the funds I need when I'm booking marketing activities.

Cons

They could become a more robust product with forecasting spend & data analysis. Right now it's all retrospective. They are great with coming out new features though!

Hajime
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 14/9/2022

A simple but useful tool to manage expense

Pros

It is quite important for a group to manage expense.
We can do that very easily with Divvy. The platform is very easy and clear to use.

Cons

If you are using another software, it might be confusing to switch to Divvy.

Jason
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Show me your corporate card and I'll show you your company's future

On a scale from 1-23 I'd give them a 23. It's the people that make Divvy what it is. I'd give the developers and engineers a standing ovation every day if I worked at Divvy. They have truly built a remarkable product, kinda like Comcast.

Pros

Transparency when it comes to spending has shifted our company culture. People are now act more trustworthy with what they use the company card on. Any product that helps my company have a culture of openness & accountability will be a company I stick with for years to come. Cheers to Divvy on closing the gap of emotional and reactive spending & budgeting.

Cons

I wish I could get my cards overnighted from the second I order them. #RichBusinessManProblems

Chime

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

As a Concur customer I felt like just a number... With Divvy I feel like a person.

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

It was the way I was treated from start to finish in my sales experience and now I'm treated even better by their amazing customer support team than I am with my Amex. Watch out other card companies, Divvy is on your tails.
Zachary

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

The best software our company purchased in 2018!

Overall, Divvy has enabled my company to gain WAY better insight into where dollars are going. We now know where we are over-budgeting and under-budgeting each month. Divvy makes tracking business expenses fun — I never thought I'd say that!

Pros

I first learned about Divvy via the daily business newsletter, Morning Brew. I was in disbelief that the product was totally free, so I scheduled a demo call. As it turns out, Divvy really is TOTALLY free. The app is incredibly user friendly and switching/updating budgets is surprisingly easy. But while the app interface is nice, the push notifications are wonderfully helpful, and Divvy travel has us saying bye-bye to Expedia, the REAL value our agency has found in using Divvy is the virtual card feature. As the Director of Marketing Strategy at a small Marketing Technology Agency, I manage a team of people who run a plethora of digital ads campaigns for numerous clients in any given month. Divvy's virtual card feature allows us to manage media buys on behalf of our clients without needing to open 100+ credit cards (or require the client to use their card). So, we're able to manage our clients' monthly spend and charge them a small admin fee (for putting the spend on our cards) without incurring ANY credit card fees.

Cons

Honestly, there are really only two things I dislike about Divvy:

1. That there isn't a Divvy for PERSONAL spending (I've been Googling looking for something like this for the past few weeks now...nothing seems to exist!)

2. The saving a receipt feature/adding notes feature is a little spotty at times. I find that I often need to go back into a purchase and re-upload the photo of the receipt/re-type my note. Hopefully this is a bug that gets worked out with the next app update.

Response from Divvy

Hi Zachary,
Thanks for the feedback! I've sent your feedback regarding the photo receipt uploads to the director of product, and he's looking into a way to improve that process and ideally ensure that it never happens again. Just wanted to thank you personally for joining the Divvy family of happy customers, and for taking the time to leave a great review!
-Mark

Replied 19/12/2018
Miriam
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Seems too good to be true — but it's true

Expense management is not a stressor in my life because of Divvy, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Pros

Divvy is as simple as it gets with expense management. Everyone on the platform, from myself as the one who implemented it for our team to the newest employee just onboarding, has had such an easy time navigating it and understanding their role on the platform. It is intuitive, quick, and seamless. The customer service team is second to none and any time we've had a request or question we get help right away from the best team out there.

Cons

Business reporting could be made a little more nuanced for teams to be able to play with more views etc. in the dashboard, but this isn't a big enough con to move away from Divvy to anything else and they take innovation seriously. I won't be surprised to see more functionality here launch in the near future if enough customers are asking for it.

Caleb
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

Divvy - Always Great Service with an Excellent App

Divvy has allowed our organization to set more controls and give more responsibility to managers through use of individual budgets. Divvy also has transactions show up in the users transaction log instantaneously, making it easier for individuals to do all of their admin work right away.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ability to control credit lines for individuals at any given time. If an employee who rarely uses the corporate card suddenly has a need, we can adjust accordingly.

Cons

For the time being, Divvy doesn't integrate with our ERP, Netsuite. As such, I have to import into our ERP with CSVs which isn't ideal. Divvy is currently BETA testing an integration with Netsuite so we are patiently awaiting the full release of that.

Caleb

Reviewed on 9/6/2021

Divvy - Allows us to Manage our Expenses with effectiveness

Pros

1) Dashboard for all transactions - allows us to work on what needs completed and then publish to QBO.
2) Automatic notifications - allows us to request receipts and categorization from cardholders in seconds.
3) Virtual cards - allows us to automate transaction entry, manage overspend with our vendors, and minimize and mitigate fraud with our expenses. If a card gets compromised we turn off that one virtual card and then create a new one within seconds.

Cons

There aren't many features built yet for Accounting Firms to manage their list of clients.
There isn't good features like Ramp & Brex to text the categorization details, notes, and receipts on the transactions.

Brex

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

Capital One lacked the expense management details we were looking for
Darren
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Very quick and easy to implement with great customer service

Overall I very impressed with Divvy and the constant innovation of making using and administing the card easy.

Pros

Very easy to integrate into our business and very user friendly software.

Cons

Out of pocket reimbursement. Be easier once approved Divvy sent check to individuals and charge the Divvy account vs ACH funds to Divvy.

Miguel
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!!!

Their customer services is by far the best we have ever experienced. We use the live chat all the time and help get issues resolved right away. Also, they are constantly innovating, making processes more efficient and effective and take customer feedback seriously. Lots of the requests or comments I've had with them have turned into solutions within weeks. Everyone in our office loves Divvy and haven't had a single thing to complain about.

Pros

For years we had wanted to get corporate cards for staff but did not want to take the risk of not having credit and approval controls like we do now with Divvy.

The ease of use, simplicity, and thoughtfulness that comes with Divvy is why we love it.

Oh and it's free!

Cons

I have not had a single issue with them.

Bill.com and Expensify

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

Credit control, manager controls, ease of use, mobile access, and cloud storage of transactions.

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

The best and easiest customer experience with the app. It's clean, innovative, has been thought out well, and super easy to use. Also, their customer service has been 100% great, and it's free.
Stephen

Reviewed on 9/6/2021

Seriously the Best App our Business Found, for Anything

Pros

If you're a small business with big monthly expenses, and petty cash headaches, Divvy is a no-brainer. Each of our field techs have a card we can control from the office, or divvy out funds as needed.

As a small family business, this cut down on half our office work (and my mother no longer goes through receipts in the office; she can just retire)

Divvy integrates with Quickbooks well, but here's the thing... we didn't even integrate it.
Its simpler for us to keep it totally independent from other accounting software, because working in Divvy's web app is a joy. The UI is simple and great.

All of our company payables and receipts management stays on Divvy, and our bank account shows one payment per week for Payables. That's it. The purchase info can't be messed up with bad OCR, because the info comes from the Bank account.

Cons

Nothing. So far it's perfect for us. We haven't been able to mess anything up yet.

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

-Instant reconciliation with purchases, and in-app labels if transaction details are incomplete. -Transparency of petty-cash funds. -Field tech credit cards with admin controls from app and web app -instant expense report creations. -No risk of Bad OCR creating repeat work (totals and info are pulled from the vender)
Peter
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Expense Management Made Easy

We've loved Divvy. It has given flexibility to those that travel while giving the flexibility to get things done without having to worry that one of the 3 corporate credit cards is floating around being used by a random employee.

Pros

Divvy has been great for our organization. We have been able to move away from reimbursements and have been able to give spending flexibility to everyone within our organization. We love being able to give every employee a card, but not having to worry that they are going to overspend. And possibly, one of my favorite features of any software ever is the ability to create virtual cards (both for subscriptions and burner cards for one time purchases). Its nice to know that I can cancel a virtual card and not have it affect other vendor payments.

Cons

There is a little bit of a lack of hierarchy available (like an administrator over certain budgets only) and a lack of flexibility with paying down our account (holds placed on account effectively freezing our cards) but other than that, it has been great!

Jeff
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

It's the best because it is simple

It has been very positive. They are timely in their responses and they are flexible and open to customer ideas for improvement.

Pros

It is very easy to use and very ease to teach users how to use. It allows us to customize expense fields, budgets and reports so as an accounting team we get what we need, but it is simple enough for any user to use.

Cons

The only complaint I have at this point is that we cannot set limits for receipts. I'd like to be able to say "all transactions over $20 require a receipt," but that is not available yet.

Expensify and SAP Concur

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

Ease of use and reporting ability.

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

Ease of use and the link of a credit card program to the expense reporting platform.
Jacob

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

What we needed in a Corporate Credit Card

Overall we have had a great experience with Divvy. We were waisting so much time with fraud issues with other cards. Also has helped us with our employee card reconciliation. We can have required fields that our employees need to fill out like notes.

Pros

Virtual Cards are easy to generate, Control of employee cards and funds is really nice, Reporting is good, support has been really good

Cons

It is a little difficult for employees to catch on to how everything is supposed to work. It changes fairly quickly (good because it gets better, but con because you have to change your processes or relearn the software)

Fraud and reconciliation.

Cost and simplicity
Chase
  • Industry: Automotive

Innovative and unparalleled service

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Divvy. It has significantly reduced the time to close the books at month end. We used to have to wait at least a week just to reconcile credit card transactions, but with Divvy, it only takes one to two days. The team at Divvy has been extremely receptive to our feedback and providing the best customer experience possible.

Cons

The software is constantly evolving as we and other gives feedback (this is a good thing), but there doesn’t seem to be one clear cut path of best practices with Divvy.

Ashley
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 24/2/2022

A Fantastic Expense Report Tool

Pros

I love the automation it creates for all of our expense reports. I also love the ability to make changes to spending limits, or accounts directly on the website. Any other card, we would have to get on the phone with customer service to make these changes, which was headache and a waste of time.

I love the digital cards we can create for our online payments/ transactions.

Cons

The recurring vs one-time limits were hard to get used to. This has improved over the last couple of years though.

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

The expense reporting process seemed more fluid.

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

Divvy is very intriguing for us going forward

So far so good! I'm very intrigued to see if it replaces all our other tools quickly for clients.

Pros

Price is FREE for use, the card allows you to have control over spend much more than normal credit cards, you can extend credit to users on demand with a good approval workflow on the app/computer.

Cons

A bit overwhelming at first to setup but just need to get a handle on it. The users don't need to use that ability anyway. But the users do have control to request credit/use of card and that is great but also can be more tedious than just walking in and swiping.

Pricing & control of spend

spend controls
Kelly
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Divvy is BY FAR the best product for expenses!

Divvy is AMAZING! Their customer service team is very well trained. From implementation to my managing representative to regular customer service - Their team is top notch.

Pros

Divvy is easy to use for users and admins alike. The setup is very easy to do, and my organization was able to hit the ground running from the day we had cards in hand.

Cons

The only con is that it doesn't integrate with QuickBooks Desktop. There is a workaround that is very helpful. I am just waiting for the day when I can use it with Desktop.