Microsoft 365 Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365, formerly Office 365, is a suite of office collaboration and productivity applications. The software encompasses modules that enables the use of Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based solutions such as Skype,...

Browse Microsoft 365 Reviews

13,569 of 13,569 reviews
Blair
Blair
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

A must have for any office

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

Pros

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me.

Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities.

I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

Cons

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

WordPerfect Office

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Office 365 is superior in every way and well worth the money.
Claudia

Reviewed on 19/3/2024

Easy to use and manage all your working tools

Good experience, using it daily to edit, share and store files

Pros

360 Working tool, easy to use. Great for file and content sharing.

Cons

Lost files and lacking some useful features

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

It feels so old and boring!

Office 365, has a lot of benefits, in the sense that it's easy to use most of it. I understand Microsoft wanting to push their own products, but they are annoying when they try to force you to use Microsoft's cloud, when I personally have everything set to Google. It's so annoying, when having to save as everything, rather than being able to save directly to my Google drive.

It just looks desperate and needy, a ploy, a very childish move from Microsoft. If you want people to use Microsoft cloud, make it better, price wise and feature wise.

Another reason I don't use the cloud to save files on Office 365, is because Microsoft changes their mind like the weather. I started off the cloud storage with a 12 month free trial, after three months it said there was a policy change and they change the agreement, extremely bad way to start a new cloud platform. When that happened I decided to switch to Google, and ditch Microsoft cloud storage.

as far as Office 365 goes, I still use PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft word, and other software programs daily.

For scheduling, however our team has found more efficient, easier layout, for projects, than Outlook.

I like Office 365, but my biggest complaint, is that it feels so outdated and boring.

Some of the new changes are helpful, but they always feel two or three years behind the modern technology software applications.

I wish Microsoft word grade their features, and to make it more fun to use, and advanced it more.

Pros

Microsoft word, unfortunately doesn't really have any competition, everything seems monopolized. So when I say it's good, it's because there's not much to compare it to. It's not that I'm super happy with the product. The overall Office suite, is of course useful and helpful, I just wish it was more advanced and modern.

Cons

Many powerful editing tools, helpful in document creation, but feels like it lacks common sense in so many features! The plugins on the MS Word update were a downgrade! the dictionary and thesaurus used to be instant, extremely fast and well built into the system, now with the stupid silly apps, it's slow, doesn't work half the time, and gives you hardly any context or words, the thesaurus works like the old one to a degree, but why ruin such a good thing? Only Microsoft would do that. I understand having the option as an add-on, but it should not have replaced the built-in features, with the downloaded dictionary, now it feels tacky and many of the words are too simple to use in print.

Top Microsoft 365 Alternatives

Google Cloud Storage

SoftMaker Office

Google Calendar

Tucker

Reviewed on 13/3/2024

Suite of full service solutions

Good experience, ability to use multiple products to service many needs

Pros

Vast suite of products that can be used to supplement my business

Cons

Inbox management can be better, search can be much more efficient and easier to navigate

Michelle
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 30/3/2024

Overview of Microsoft Office the Pros and Cons

My overall experience with Microsoft has been positive. I have used this suite for years. I have no intention of changing to anything else. I would recommend this package to others.

Pros

I like that Microsoft 365 allows me the freedom to work from various devices. I believe this is the most powerful suite. I like the Outlook email as it simplifies access to multiple email addresses. Word and PowerPoint are my favorite. I use them easily and I was never trained for use either of them. I do believe the cost of Microsoft Office is reasonable for everything in the suite. I also like that there are intense security features. I love the cloud based storage and overall flexibility of Microsoft 365.

Cons

If Microsoft 365 and Google tools streamlined their processes to allow for smooth integration it would be even more valuable to me. I will be finishing my Doctorate next year. As such I have played with Teams because I will have team assignments. I do not find it to be user friendly. Although I like the flexibility of Outlook, it does not have the best notification process. The inability to install each application on it own is a bit inconvenient.

Vigdalia
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 19/3/2024

No competition for Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 has all that I need to be productive and organized. I love that I can save whatever I do in the cloud and use it whenever I need it. I love that I get all that I want from it, such as creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, you name it! And now I have Copilot, so my mind is blowing up.

Pros

Oh My Dog! I've been using Microsoft for a long time, and this is one of the best inventions ever. I changed to Microsoft 365 from the very beginning when it was launched, and I wouldn't change it at all.

Cons

Microsoft 365 is one of my favorite things to work with, and so far I have found no difficulties managing it.

Reviewed on 22/4/2024

The standard for pretty much everything

Pros

It's the most well-known system out there, nearly everyone has grown up on it. One can't be doing anything digital without using a Microsoft system daily.

Cons

It's still got its old clunky ways, making you click all the time for simple actions, not always the fastest, best-designed, or most fun to use.

Elena

Reviewed on 18/3/2024

Good software

Excellent, great product and great tools.

Pros

Easy to organize, manage documents and emails.
Good for excel and word documents.
Power point is must for anyone who builds slide shows.
User friendly.

Cons

A little expensive, and sometimes outlook is difficult or crashes.

Shana

Reviewed on 29/3/2024

A daily luxury 365 days a year!

Pros

I enjoy all of the apps this program has. They help me stay organized and simplifies my life. Microsoft 365 is a must have if you are a busy person.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of. It has everything necessary for managing daily tasks.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 21/3/2024

A usefull productivity suite

Pros

The array of critical software works as you expect it to. Microsoft Teams can be quite useful and should not be ignored.

Cons

I prefer the functionality of Google Mail over Outlook.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Probably The Best Software For Enterprise Email

It has been a great product and let all of us in IT sleep a little easier at night. The uptime and bulk management work has been offloaded to Microsoft, and this makes it easier to deal with.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use and takes the burden of managing an Exchange server or other mail server off our plate. It's easy to manage, assign licenses, and in some ways easier to navigate administrative tasks. In addition, you get a bunch of extra features that you wouldn't have if you ran Exchange on-prem.

Cons

The two things I least like about the software is support and documentation. Support is either really good or really bad. For big items (e.g. email is down), they shine or keep in constant communication about the issue. For little issues that only affect you or "nuanced" support issues you might have, the support is less than great. What makes things more difficult is the documentation and UI are constantly changing. You might find a KB or article that's only a few months old to find out that the "fix" in the article no longer works.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

We are already a Microsoft shop using Active Directory and MS Office.
Karthikeyan
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 3/1/2021

Office 365 allows users to access email and documents anywhere

I can say this is the best tool as per my overall Experience because it has plenty of features to utilize office 365 so better to suit for all users who using emails and document and archives the emails.

Pros

Office 365 is the best tool or email account to allow users to access the emails and documents anywhere. The other tools are limited features but office 365 is unlimited features and upgraded at all the times based on various situations. The storage data is more memory space and less vulnerable and will avoid security threats by comparing other tools. It has seamless collaboration of maintaining productivity. I urge my company to migrate to office 365 and now we are all using office 365 .

Cons

If I see any internet issues then there is no offline email access so it has to fix this scenario. Also, we can see few comptability issues but Microsoft is fixing it now.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I felt office 365 has better innovation than G suite so we migrated to office 365

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

We can say that office 365 has plenty of features to secure the account than G suite and it had low price then G suite so we considered to move to office 365.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 12/3/2021

I preferred the old school version of Office (and by Office I mean Excel)

It would be easy to use in lots of places on different devices, but I only wish to use it on my desktop PC. As a result I feel that functionality has been sacrificed for networking features, which I broadly don't use or care for. If there were a downloadable hard drive resident version I would jump at it. So as a power user of Excel I'm disappointed.

Pros

I don't know that there is anything I like about this version compared to the previously installed version on my hard drive. I suppose sharing and being up to date with the latest version but that was never something I had a problem with before.

Cons

It (Excel) struggles to handle complicated formatting, for example, and I had to ditch some files with complex visual presentation, and in my view their are now over-simplified, and that's so they don't hang or crash. This is the sort of thing the hard drive resident application never struggled with. Conditional formatting layered up is the sort of thing that causes problems. So I'd say I'm not using all the features because it's not possible if you want a stable file. (I have a high spec set up and high speed ISP so I don't expect performance problems)

Kelly
Kelly
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 29/9/2021

Tutoring with Microsoft 365

For me Microsoft 365 allows me to help my students make great presentations, and to make presentations myself that I can share even when tutoring online. I can create documents for each student and family to take notes on and then to search through again whenever I am trying to pace a student and figure out where we need to go next in their tutoring plan. I am also able to use spreadsheets to track income and expenses, project my future income, and make sure I’m staying within budget. Microsoft 365 really does it all.

Pros

The things that I like most about Microsoft 365 include: document storage and management, access to PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, and the ability to have so many tools within each program. You can really make your presentations stand out and PowerPoint is so easy to use. Microsoft Word allows seamless formatting and is easy for taking notes. Excel is amazing for making spreadsheets and is also very intuitive for use. The ability to have so many places to store your documents easily and then access them is phenomenal. It was very easy to integrate Microsoft 365 with my tutoring business and to use it for almost all of my daily needs.

Cons

The features that I feel could use some improvement are the apps for mobile access, offline access, and the search/filter feature. They don’t work as great as I would like, but overall they are still nice to have.

Pawan

Reviewed on 25/1/2023

"Empowering Businesses with Microsoft 365: A Comprehensive Review"

Overall, Microsoft 365 is a powerful and versatile tool that offers a wide range of features and capabilities for businesses and organizations of all sizes and across all industries. It provides an all-in-one solution for collaboration, productivity, and security, making it an ideal choice for businesses looking to streamline their workflows and improve efficiency.One of the most liked features of Microsoft 365 is the Office Suite that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications, which allow for easy editing and sharing of documents. This is a great tool for businesses that handle a lot of documents and need to collaborate on them. Additionally, Microsoft 365 includes Exchange Online for email and calendar management, SharePoint for file sharing and collaboration, OneDrive for Business for cloud storage, and Microsoft Teams for virtual meetings and chat messaging. This makes it easy for team members to communicate and collaborate, which is essential for the smooth running of a business.Another liked feature is the security and compliance features that are included in Enterprise Mobility + Security, which provide advanced security and compliance features to protect data and devices. This is a great feature for businesses that handle sensitive data as it gives them peace of mind that their data is secure.Overall, Microsoft 365 is a comprehensive and versatile tool that offers a wide range of features and capabilities, making it an ideal solution for bus

Pros

Microsoft 365 is widely used and popular for its comprehensive set of tools and features. It includes Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security, which together provide an all-in-one solution for businesses and organizations.One of the most liked features is the Office Suite that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications, which allow for easy editing and sharing of documents. Additionally, Microsoft 365 includes Exchange Online for email and calendar management, SharePoint for file sharing and collaboration, OneDrive for Business for cloud storage, and Microsoft Teams for virtual meetings and chat messaging.Another liked feature is the security and compliance features that are included in Enterprise Mobility + Security, which provide advanced security and compliance features to protect data and devices, this is a big plus for businesses that handle sensitive data.Overall, Microsoft 365 is a comprehensive and versatile tool that offers a wide range of features and capabilities, making it an ideal solution for businesses and organisations of all sizes and across all industries.

Cons

It requires a good amount of training to be able to fully utilize its capabilities. Furthermore, some users may find the cost of Microsoft 365 high, especially for smaller businesses or individuals, this can be a concern for them. Additionally, some users may experience difficulties in integrating Microsoft 365 with other third-party software.

Google Workspace and Zoho Workplace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Because of its comprehensive set of tools and features. It includes Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security, which together provide an all-in-one solution for businesses and organizations. Microsoft 365 includes Office Suite, Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and Microsoft Teams, which are not included in many alternative products. Additionally, Microsoft 365 includes Enterprise Mobility + Security, which provides advanced security and compliance features to protect data and devices, this is not included in many alternative products. Furthermore, Microsoft 365 is known for its integration capabilities with other Microsoft products, making it a great option for organizations already using Microsoft products.
Tom
Tom
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Let Me SWAY You Toward Office 365

Collaboration with One Note. Getting colleagues to express themselves through Sway. OneDrive is a lifesaver.

Pros

The Business App world can be confusing. I get it. There is a great deal of speciality in the BA world and it's hard to know what products to even trial nevertheless purchase or commit to long-term. I don't know why everybody doesn't start with Office 365. It's so all-encompassing and helpful you'll even want to use it during a Leap Year when there are 366 days in a year!

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are the sine qua non of office document production. We've all used them and we all like them. Now you don't have to be a rich big-shot to own Office so the products are fully accessible and cheap. If you haven't worked with Microsoft Sway yet, you're missing the boat in conveying your concepts and ideas to a larger market. Sway is like PowerPoint on steroids. Sway was created to convey concepts quickly, easily and clearly. The biggest difference is that Sway was designed to express concepts digitally, onscreen, rather than to an audience. Sway has all the templates and creative assistance you can ever need. Give it a try. Trust me. It's a great example of where Microsoft is headed in my opinion.

I use OneNote as a brainstorming and organizational drain for all of my business ideas and projects. Its ease of use is legendary. Your contacts, email, storage and now video conferencing and calling with Skype is really all you need. Do us all a favor. Start with Office 365. It's your one stop shop for productivity. You'll look smarter than you really are.

Cons

It bugs me how Skype runs at startup right away. I'm not a computer pro. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to stop it. I use it all the time. I just don't want it popping up right away.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

Reviewed on 17/2/2019

Microsoft Office 365 for Mac users

I really only use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, although outlook and OneNote can come in handy sometimes. Microsoft excel is probably the biggest benefit to Office 365.

Honestly the biggest benefit I guess would be from the updates that you receive every time there is an update available. I didn't get much use out of the other features of office 365.

However, I would like to see more updates for Mac users to make their software more compatible with Mac. It just seems a little bit more buggy on Mac OSX also.

Overall I was moderately happy with Office 365 it's useful but it's not amazing for one I don't like paying the subscription fee and for two if I am paying the subscription fee I expect the software to work flawlessly on Mac and it doesn't.

Pros

-Excel Macros: For me, I am in the SEO industry so I use Excel quite a bit. I switch off between Google Sheets and excel sometimes there are things where Google Sheets is better such as when I need to use certain scripting (google apps script) for automation. Other times Excel macros are much better.

For example, if I need to create macros to manage thousands of keywords Excel macros works much better than Google Sheets. Its a desktop app, so this makes sense. But there is one caveat: It's sometimes buggy on mac osx.

Cons

-Buggy on Mac OSX: When I least like about Microsoft Office is it's kind of buggy with Mac OS X. Sure it works fine for everyday use but for my case I like to use Excel macros to automate the handling of thousands of keywords. A lot of times when I have thousands of keywords and I run macros it will freeze on my Mac computer.

The application will freeze whereas if I hop all over onto a Windows machine and run the exact same macros it will run perfectly. So situations like this are not ideal for Mac users. The software is just much more buggy and also surprisingly less little feature-rich on Mac. I don't know if it's intentional but I have noticed that it works much better and has better features on Windows.

Onedrive is slow: With OneDrive, it seems like an amazing deal - for what you're paying for, but the usability was just not there. It took forever to upload to one drive compared to Google Drive. It was not even usable for me to use in a practical way.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

“Cloud based with the backing of massive MS network”

as of now, O-365 is a next generation solution. Apart from the doubts over security, we have the advantages stated above. The best benefit is the saving on expensive hardware, storage space, energy costs and maintenance. In fact as all the software maintenance is done by Microsoft, we get better solutions from experts at no extra costs. You don’t need to have any additional storage gadgets, as everything is on the cloud.
Depending on the purpose and the number of users, this system a scalable.
Although there are question marks over cloud applications, Microsoft has done their best to adopt highest possible defenses against threats and is continuously engaged in improvements.

Pros

The first thing that reminds me about O-365 is that it’s on the cloud. As we are still in an infant stage of cloud tech, there are both pros and negatives, but definitely in time, technology will improve to a stage, you can expect anything. Let’s assume there’s not going to be a jailbreak.
Having said that, there certainly are pros in the current scenario. You are on the cloud means you are armed with some godly powers. No servers ‘on premises’, no ‘restricted’ storage areas for servers, no maintenance costs and you have the freedom of mobility. You or your team can access O-365 anywhere on planet Earth if there is internet. One other notable advantage being on cloud is the safety against loss of data. The safety of your data if stored in an ‘on prem’ system is vulnerable to various hazards and would be lost if not backed up in a remote server. No capital investment on expensive servers, you can obtain the services for a monthly or annual subscription per user basis and the user have the ability to install O-365 up to 05 devices. Though you need subscriptions on certain advanced features, you can opt out additional services when you don’t need. When it comes to features in office tools, I doubts if there would be any more requirements to run general office matters. All MS office applications are designed with almost all features required with the experience gained during a long journey.
The system gets updated frequently and you can enjoy the benefits.

Cons

as a general rule, cloud based applications could be more vulnerable for security breaches than an ‘on-premise’ system. Certain online feature in Word, Excel has limitations compared to your own installation.

Christine

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Outstanding for Productivity, Communication, and Curation of Documents

One of the reasons we moved to Office 365 is to eliminate the need for onsite servers to house our users' docs-- no more fear of server crashes and loss of files. Also since we are connected to the cloud (OneDrive), files are autosaved and it is easier for users to find their files (did I save it to the computer? to the server? Where??). Our organization has realized better more instant communication, everyone is on track with meetings and events because of the robust features off Outlook Calendar, and we are able to collaborate in real time remotely.

Pros

Within Office 365, apps cover everything you need including file storage, a virtual notebook, forms/surveys, a team work hub (that includes video conferencing built in!), presentation tools, email and calendars, and of course content creation with Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. My favorite of all is the Teams app, which allows for an internal work hub that emulates a social media network with private chats and group channels-- very user friendly. A work team can share files, curate links, embed 3rd party apps and collaborate in real time all in one place. My work place is moving away from the cluttered email box and now communicating almost exclusively in teams! There is even a platform embedded for creating an Intranet Website. And if you are very ambitious, there is an app for creating your own workflows, project planners, and dynamic apps.

Cons

There is so much to the Office 365 that it is difficult to roll out to a large organization. Companies should plan well and transition to Office 365 in measured phases. It required a culture shift and a lot of training to move our people over to this software.

AGNES
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 6/4/2020

Best Way to Manage Microsoft Office Licenses

We no longer experience email related response delays i.e. our staff can now access their email on the phones, we have outlook OWA (over the web Access) and also some have installed outlook on their phones and thus not just on the laptops. This has greatly improved the communication within the office. With Office365 we are now slowly embracing the BYOD (bring your own device) for senior managers who would want to use specific models and kinds of laptops , as the Technical team we only ensure that the devices meet our security standards and not a threat to our network.

Pros

The best feature i liked about Office365 is the ability for the administrator to manage the corporate licenses from one point. Having most of the staff working in remote areas with harsh weather conditions, we experienced alot of system/hard disk crashes which resulted in time wastage as the computer had to be sent to the head office to reload the operating system and install back the applications afresh and assigning licenses but with Office365 licensing is on the go. It is not machine specific and a crash in a hard disk does not slow the organization, will just advice the user/staff to get another temporary machine and use their office365 account to access all the Microsoft office applications i.e. Word, outlook, excel and powerpoint.

With Office365 staff can easily collaborate and work on a document. This is so helpful when working on project proposals as different departments need to give in their input before a proposal could be send for donor support. This feature is not possible with the old office licensing as documents were standalone/machine dependent and one could only work on it one person at a time.

Cons

The only major challenge I have experienced with Office365 is it is internet dependent. Meaning one needs to have internet services to be able to enjoy the application. In some remote areas of Africa where our offices are, having reliable internet connectivity is a challenge and thus some remote offices are unable to enjoy the full benefits of Office365.

Christopher
Christopher
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

The leading standard for office software

My company solves many problems with collaboration by creating a new 'Team' in Teams for each of our clients. It allows us to save data and share information securely among staff members without compromising sensitive data. Also, having the same suite of software on all of our computers and mobile devices allows us to collaborate reliably and effectively on multiple projects at the same time. We have no hesitation in recommending this suite to all of our customers.

Pros

Office has reached the point that improvements are small but vital changes to the interface and function of the various programs. Word and Excel are easily navigated and will open any past file format without issue. The layout of the interface has solidified and does not need a great deal of time to understand. The methods for saving documents, installing the software, accessing the online versions of the programs and the integration with OneDrive/Sharepoint is possibly the best combination available on the market today. Sharepoint with the addition of Teams is the leader for team collaboration and is a secure and robust tool for both file sharing and storage as well as video/audio chatting and project collaboration. Outlook is your best choice for email with integrations and reminders built into the Calendar, reliable function and a simple yet useful interface including the vital Focused Inbox. All in all, I can't imagine using another set of tools for my daily needs on the job.

Cons

There are times when Outlook is less than responsive on slower internet connections and can have issues with dealing with multiple email accounts. There is also some confusion when setting up new email accounts due to the many options available. When using password protection on an Excel or Word document, there is no password recovery method if you forget the password. Just be careful!

Veronica
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

where did all the tools go?

I hate it, I no longer use it and have dropped back to MS office 2010. Ill build a separate system if needed to allow this to run another 10 years if need be, or until MS figures out they dont need to pry into every email I write, and its soooo obvious especially when dealing with overseas vendors, it takes twice as long to compose due to the insistent review of what I am typing.
I am not a terrorist, I am not making bombs, I am trying to run a business and office 365 fails in that category, completely. May be great for an individual who doesn't need to organize folders, rules and email controls ect. but not good at all for business.

Overall, its clear MS thinks its OK to have everything on cloud based computing and has either lead the way or given in to government pressures to track and record all your emails - as you write them. Cant they just simply do it the old fashioned way, and get a court order to get emails of suspected persons of interest instead of trying to capture everyone's emails?

Pros

it was easy to install and set up.
It will handle multiple email accounts as one inbox - most likely a Redmond tracking / snooping feature to capture all your communications in one place.

Cons

I no longer use this product, I couldn't stand it at all. Not everything needs to be cloud based and this is one which certainly belongs in that category.
I didnt like or cant stand the following:
comparing to the MS Office suite - Outlook specifically:
1. no way to open easily the email in a separate window,
2. when creating an email, I have to WAIT for the program to "read" my typing , feels invasive
3. spell check - its like asking a baby to check your spelling. Typos where keys right next to one another should be discernible to a computer, are not, its the dumbest spell check ever
4. when trying to correct a spelling error, since the system is so dumb, and its takes so long for the spell check to figure it out, I typically was correcting it manually.
5. not many options available
6. Rules options, are non existent so I cant make a rule to handle emails as they arrive.
7. no text formatting
8. no HTML / RTF / plain text formatting options
9. Cant simply drop a signature file in, its cumbersome
10. its not MS Office Outlook - you took a successful product (outlook) with useful tools and stripped it down from a high performance sports car to a wagon, and I mean a little red wagon!

Alaa

Reviewed on 21/6/2022

A cloud-based solution that ensures file documentation, protection, and team collaboration.

Microsoft 365 enables us to accurately protect and document our files, and enables team members to collaborate, so they share reports and discuss updates on an ongoing basis.

Pros

I like how Microsoft 365 is cloud-based, as well as how it offers modern solutions for teams to organize their work, share tasks remotely, and interact more effectively. We cannot complete our daily work without MS Office applications, so Microsoft 365 is a great blessing for us because it ensures that all files and applications are available in one place that we can always access from any device, and we can share with each other by updating a specific file and also holding meetings and exchanging discussions, which allows us to complete our work in a smooth manner without the need to send files via email, uploading, modifying, and re-sending. I like the big storage capacity, which allows me to store material and organize it in primary and subfolders, as well as the option to select who is authorized to read it and who can edit it from others. I really like the forms in Microsoft 365 that allow us to easily seek feedback from team members, vote on a certain topic, and collect results.

Cons

Depending on the size of our relatively small team, the processes of sharing, syncing and working on files together run smoothly and without any hiccups. But I think that the more members who share the same file, things will get complicated and the modifications may not be saved, and the member will need each time to download a copy to the device and then make modifications to it and then write off the old copy and re-download the new version and send a notification to the rest of the members of that, which They may look messy and I find it stressful in general. I think Microsoft needs to make improvements that increase its ability to help large teams organize these processes, saving time and effort and preventing the same task from being repeated more than once.

kimberley
kimberley
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 5/4/2023

I was using microsoft 365 before i even knew about it

Microsoft 365 is an awesome suite of productivity tools that combine Microsoft Office with features for collaboration and communication through the cloud. With this tool, you can access your documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and email from anywhere, at any time, and on any device, which is super cool!Microsoft 365 has a variety of features, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook, among others. These applications are packed with features that make it easy for you to create, edit, and share your work. Additionally, Microsoft 365 has intelligent tools that use AI to help you work more efficiently, which is pretty neat.What's great about Microsoft 365 is that it's affordable and flexible. You can select from different plans that cater to your specific needs and budget. It's perfect for anyone who wants to be productive and connected, whether you're an individual, small business owner, or a large enterprise.However, Microsoft 365 does have some drawbacks, like compatibility issues, performance issues, and connectivity issues, especially when using older or less powerful devices. Also, the subscription model may not be suitable for users who prefer to pay a one-time fee for their software.Overall, Microsoft 365 is a robust and versatile productivity suite that provides users with a comprehensive set of tools for their work and collaboration needs. It's a fantastic choice for anyone who wants to stay productive, organized, and connected.

Pros

First of all, one of the things that makes Microsoft 365 so great is that it's a cloud-based service. This means you can access your files and documents from anywhere, on any device. So, if you're working remotely or traveling, you can still get your work done without missing a beat.Another awesome thing about Microsoft 365 is that it includes a comprehensive set of applications, like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, that are packed with features to help you get things done. Whether you're writing a report, creating a budget, or designing a presentation, there's a tool in Microsoft 365 to help you do it.One of the best things about Microsoft 365, though, is how easy it makes collaboration. With real-time co-authoring, comments, and chat, you can work together with your team members on projects and get things done faster. Plus, with security features like data encryption and multi-factor authentication, you can be sure that your work is safe and secure.Finally, Microsoft 365 includes some really cool AI-powered tools, like Ideas in Excel and Presenter Coach in PowerPoint, that can help you work more efficiently and effectively. These tools use artificial intelligence to suggest improvements to your work and provide feedback on your presentation skills, so you can make the most of your time and be more productive.Overall, Microsoft 365 is a great choice for anyone looking for a suite of productivity tools that are versatile, easy to use, and packed with features to help you

Cons

While Microsoft 365 is a powerful and versatile suite of productivity tools, there are some cons that are worth considering before you decide to use it. Here are a few of the most common ones:Subscription-based: One of the biggest cons of Microsoft 365 is that it's a subscription-based service. This means you have to pay a monthly or yearly fee to use it, which may not be ideal for everyone who prefers a one-time payment model. This can add up over time, especially if you need to purchase licenses for multiple users.Compatibility issues: Some users have reported compatibility issues with Microsoft 365, particularly with older versions of Windows and certain devices. This can cause frustration and potentially impact your productivity if you have to switch devices or upgrade your operating system.Learning curve: While Microsoft 365 is generally user-friendly, some users may find that there is a learning curve when it comes to mastering all of the features and tools available. This can take some time to get used to, especially if you're coming from a different productivity suite.Performance issues: In some cases, users have reported performance issues with Microsoft 365, such as slow load times or lag when working with larger files. This can be frustrating and impact your ability to get work done efficiently.It's important to keep in mind that not all of these cons will be relevant to everyone, and some may not be a big deal depending on your specific needs.

CARLOS

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

Thanks to office 365 we were able to integrate our work efforts achieving greater productivity

Do not hesitate to implement it in your business. Office 365 a single software, 365 reasons to use it.

Pros

in my personal experience office 365 has been satisfactory, i work in a University. The nature of my organization requires continuous and constant contact with a multitude of multidisciplinary teams.
As all organizations, saving is fundamental to provide more resources. Effective communication, immediacy in the access to information and teamwork are fundamental keys to perform our work. Office 365 has allowed us to build an efficient work platform. With a single annual payment we are entitled to a business license that allows us to access office 365 in all the computers of the organization.
We have been able to structure all office 365 services in a shared way. For example we have an institutional email through the Exchange Online tool, likewise we support all our documentation in Onedrive, the office cloud that provides us with up to a terabyte of space. In terms of communications we have business Skype, which allows us to hold video conferences, online meetings and shared remote access to desktops from PC to PC.
However, what I consider to be a great of office 365 is the online sharepoint tool. which allows us to create sites to share files and large documents between colleagues. We have used it as a kind of digital repository for all our shared data.
Through office 365 we were able to articulate our work efforts. it facilitates us to keep track of projects, keep communication in real time as well as a backup of everything we are doing and sharing.

Cons

In my personal experience office 365 has been so satisfactory that I have nothing to object to. I can only say thank you microsoft.