Microsoft Teams Reviews

About Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is a cloud-based group chat solution that helps teams collaborate on documents. Its key features include messaging, conferencing and file sharing. Microsoft Teams has replaced Skype for Business as Microsoft's...

4.2

Browse Microsoft Teams Reviews

9,445 of 9,445 reviews

Reviewed on 6/2/2021

Great for schools!

As I mentioned earlier, for all our online communications and also for presentation and class team discussions, we mainly used email.
With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, management decided to leverage Microsoft teams with integrated voice and video calling features along with content sharing and presentations that enable seamless online classes, upskilling, online training, and webinars in the education sector across different geographical locations around the globe. I am also an Edtech Specialist and head of the Community Engagement and Extension Services in our department.

Pros

I am using Microsoft Teams for more than a year now every day with my students, colleagues, and others. There's a little learning curve with colleagues in using the application. I could share, manage and build team spaces. This is pretty useful in creating different school/business activities and seamlessly integrates other MS products. With integrated Voice and Video Messaging Services, Calendar scheduling, we can communicate according to the availability of users at any time. Also, I can configure my availability with various options or even modify it to determine that I am offline/not at the desk right now for other users to know. The best part is that I can use 3rd party integration application right inside MS Teams.

Cons

Sometimes Microsoft Teams get hanged because of network or Heap Memory problems, but this could happen with any communication software as we use multiple installed software on our machines to meet the distance education requirements. There is a minor delay between receiving a text on your laptop and your mobile device. Many times, it happens that I have to go out or take a break for some time, and I receive a message but with a delay on my configured mobile device.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

In the beginning, we may have opted for ZOOM, but then we all know that ZOOM is not that safe, not effective, and not to mention expensive. Everything looks nice with the usage of Microsoft Teams now. Our admin is so happy with our decision.
laxmi
laxmi
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

Good for kids online classes during pandemic period

We got to use it on daily basis as nothing best yet than this app for children online studies

Pros

We uses it daily for chat in between online class.
For online exams
For discussion in class.
my kid specially enjoys it as its the time to meet and see her school friends face to face in corona lockdown

Cons

Many things i dsnt like about this app

1)- class or exam link is broken sometimes , and we get hangs and moves to whatsapp Student group for asking help for additional link to same class/ exam

2) average people have weak internet and this app runs good only on good to strong internet ,which causes video freeze , link dsnt open , ejection of student while running class and poor audio /video quality

3) if we get ejected from class before the class going to end we dsnt see the class link anymore in calender option.. teacher get annoying at us and we explains her the
very helpless situation of app .

4)- we have to re request class link if we get ejected before the class ends, as calender option stop showing meetings links if time almost finished to re join.which is unfair

Asraf

Reviewed on 4/4/2024

very useful

Pros

easy to conduct the team meetings and easy to share a screen with team members

Cons

no feedback at this time

Top Microsoft Teams Alternatives

Precious

Reviewed on 10/9/2022

Critical missing features

Pros

Teams brings it all into a one-stop shop for you, making it super-simple for you to create a comprehensive space for you and your team to work on common work together.

So if you're coming from the Skype environment, the idea of managing your contacts, chatting and calling, hosting and attending meetings, all from the same platform, is quite normal. But teams takes it just a little bit further and actually allows you to, not just share content, but store it and access it and collaborate and co-author it at the same time. Just a great opportunity there, really saves time.

Cons

Critical missing features namely:
1 Inability for co-organisers to moderate breakout rooms. This particular missing feature is the reason why people still are adamant to move away from zoom. I hope it could be introduced in the shortest time possible

2. Inability to create a group without exposing members' details to other members of the group i.e a group or team where members cannot see details of each other's profile or members remain anonymous.
An example of this is when scheduling an interview and you do not want the applicants in the same group or team to interact. Microsoft Teams lacks this feature and makes it impossible to hold such discreet meeting of guest personalities whom you want to remain anonymous to each other during an interview

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

It integrates other third-party applications, custom applications, and third-party hardware like click share, and Poly product to take the experience to another level. The shoot is one of my favourite apps on Microsoft Teams
Martin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 8/2/2024

A must have!!

I use most functions in teams but i find it extremely helpful when im on a day off and a mechanic needs help or advice on something.

Pros

The fact it can be used for business and personal is perfect. I can use the meeting function to chat to team world wide.

Cons

I cant knock anything really. Im not going to make something up just for the sake of it.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

I have used it in the past and knew how good it was and didn't know how workspace would work so i went with familiarity.
Stephen
Stephen
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 18/9/2023

Teams is an essential part of our day-to-day business

We have an automated booking software that works with Teams and is critical to our business, most other companies use it as well so that helps. Also for our internal meetings with overseas staff, it's the go-to tool and books straight in our outlook calender.

Pros

Microsoft Teams integrates with all our other software seamlessly. When you use tech you want it to be easy to use, straightforward, and fit for purpose. Teams does exactly that and works perfectly for the intended purpose, and a little bit more ;)

Cons

I think that some of the additional features that Teams can offer, like document storage could be better advertised and explained. Most businesses have cloud-based storage solutions but if you could do it all in one place, which it does do, then it could be better explained. we didn't know it existed for a while, but I guess at first we wanted a video calling software and were simply focused don that, rather than what else can it do.

Zoom and Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

We needed something that seemed a little more professional. Google is good but Teams has the full suit we were looking for.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

We found that Teams was the more professional software that integrated better with our other software.

Reviewed on 2/6/2023

Teams helps you stay in touch while remote

Pros

It's ease of use is very nice. You don't need a tutorial to use it and all the tools you need are apparent.

Cons

The fact that you cannot delete entire conversations - everything is stored. It is very much a privacy issue for us, as anyone on our IT team can access all conversations. Sometimes it is priviledged information that needs to be deleted after but to have to do it one message at a time is very time consuming and annoying.

Reviewed on 15/6/2023

Microsoft Teams for the Win

Pros

Teams is very robust and has a lot of options. I use Teams for chatting with co-workers, collaborating on projects, hosting and attending meetings, and compiling and storing notes to myself. I like being able to do all these things in one place!

Cons

I think the learning curve is a little steep for some of the more advanced aspects of Teams. You can chat and do simple things right off the bat, but it takes a little more time/learning to do some of the more complex things like group chats and meeting set-up.

Mona
Mona
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

Teams saved lot of trouble

overall experience is great with Teams! We love it!

Pros

1. Screen control is the most exciting feature2. Audio and video control with Nosie cancellation mechanism is good3. self talk, auto complete the chat function

Cons

1. Loss of data during trasmission 2. Unable to copy the data properly sometimes3.lack of chat lock functionality

Janelle
Janelle
  • Industry: Judiciary

Reviewed on 4/11/2023

Remote work life saver

Overall Microsoft Teams save me time and money. It is a very effective software. 10000% recommended.

Pros

Being able to communicate and see persons from any where in the world.

Cons

I don't have any thing that I like the least about Microsoft Teams

• Industry: Music

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Back and Forth Conversation Emails Are a Thing of The Past!

Teams has signalled a shift in the way those in our business communicate with one another. It has meant that instead of emailing back and forth, users now use Teams to IM one another. No longer do users attach files to emails and send them to one another; now they simply share files quickly and easily through Teams. This increased communication between colleagues and departments along with increased sharing of resources and collaboration on work projects has improved productivity significantly.

Pros

Teams is a very user-friendly application that facilitates communication between individual users and whole departments. IM capabilities mean that users can message one another to collaborate on projects and share ideas. Files and documents can be shared with others, and Teams also has audio/calling conferencing capabilities (part of Microsoft's vision to deprecate Skype for Business in favour of Teams) meaning users can meet and share ideas even if they are at home or away from the office. The mobile app allows you to chat to colleagues when you aren't at your desk. If users are part of a departmental team, they can view these teams within the app; they can message other team members, share files, and use other Microsoft-specific apps such as Planner or SharePoint if they have been set up. Meeting scheduling is also available from within Teams, linking up with your Outlook calendar. For administrators, it is easy to deploy and maintain the Teams application using GPOs, and the application itself is self-updating on startup.

Cons

Teams currently installs to the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder, which means that it is installed separately for every user that logs into the computer. It is quite resource intensive to run the applications compared to other communications apps. However, both of these issues have been flagged for review on the Microsoft Teams suggestions and feedback website, suggesting they will be rectified in a future release.

Slack and Google Meet

Slack and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Teams was chosen as our communications application over other products as it was bundled with Office 365, which we currently use within the organisation and have multiple active subscriptions for. As Teams is provided under the E1 licence (which all of our users receive), this made it the obvious choice to deploy as our communications app as we were already paying for it. The fact it was part of the Office 365 eco-system made it easier to deploy alongside other Microsoft apps that we currently use.
Scott
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 29/8/2020

Best product for collaboration

This is my favorite application and it is an amazing tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is an amazing collaboration product and it keeps getting better. From being able to do Live events to its integration of applications, Teams is my "go-to" app for communicating with my teams. The Video Conferencing is stellar and Microsoft keeps adding more functionality. Schools get Microsoft for free and there is not reason they should be using Zoom.

Cons

Unlike Zoom, the ability for webinars is lacking. Zoom has everyone beat here and Teams really could use this feature for Live Events. Also, Teams needs to integrate with Microsoft Bookings.

Webex, GoTo Meeting and Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

It is included with Microsoft 365. Why would I pay for something I already have.

Webex
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Easy to use, well integrated, could do with some additional features and options

Like a million other people we have had to move to online meetings and transactions due to the Pandemic. There are other tools, and some of them are probably better for the video meetings aspect, but only Team has that integrated approach, especially with O365 etc. so overall the experience has certainly been positive. I have also found it to be very reliable, with almost no technical issues.

Pros

The biggest strength, by far, is the integration with other Microsoft applications, and in particular messaging and Sharepoint. Whilst the video function is probably the part I use the most, I especially like the fact we can work together, share files and chat all in one place.

Cons

The interface is a little too basic, but my biggest gripe is the lack of customisation, especially on simple things like video. For example, why can't I move the video windows around? Why can't I enlarge one, and reduce another? If you look the competitors, they all offer a bit more of a customised user interface. My second grumble is the disconnect between a team, a chat, and video call....why can they not be combined?

Webex, Zoom and Slack

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

License cost, and integration with other Microsoft apps

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

The user interface, the price, and also love the additional functions like polls, votes, and how to share. Also quote like the blurred background option!
Terrena
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

Great application! Wish it had a few bugs worked out.

I enjoy using this product but will enjoy it more when the bugs are worked out.

Pros

I love that I can create different chats with different people. I can create different groups as well. I can upload emails into a teams channel for discussion with whomever I add to the channel. I like that everything is right in front of me to read and go back to when I need it. The feature my boss loves the most is video chatting.

Cons

When I have to search for something or go back a little way, my app completely shuts down every time. I don't even use the function anymore, So I have to scroll the whole time. I wish it had reminders on each of the messages like Slack does.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

We had to pay for Slack to have the ability to do video calls.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

IT was cheaper and did more of what we wanted it to.
Gayathri

Reviewed on 9/9/2021

Teams - Simple yet Powerful !

I have been using this for the past 4 years. My favorite collaboration application would be the Teams. It's one level above skype application, in terms of ease of use. Its more intuitive, powerful and easy to handle. It has all the feature needed to use and manage a team/organization.

Pros

The UI color balance. It's more professional and intuitive. I would say, it's the best for office use. It overtook skype in the market and it comes with the microsoft suite, which is an added advantage.

Cons

I really don't have anything much to say. I throughly enjoyed using this product on the whole.

Webex

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

My organization was completele using all microsoft tools. Hence I wanted to switch from skype to Teams. And also, it was new to the market. I feel, it's more about the ease of use.

Anywhere365

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Because it's from Microsoft. It can easily blend with all the microsoft products.
Alex

Reviewed on 30/9/2021

Improve inner company communication and focus email on external communications

Previous to using Teams most of our inner company communication was done via email, which lead to the every user have large mailbox sizes. It was this abundance of inner company emails, a lot of times with files attached, that lead to the death of our old Exchange email server and the migration to Exchange 365. Since Teams was included with our Office 365 subscription I made a push to get people to try it out. Once we over came the initial push back our employees started to realize the benefits of having a dedicated program for inner office communication. Eventually this started branching out to utilizing the collaboration and meetings features of the program. Teams has presented us with a cheap solution to many of our company's communication and collaboration issues and the adaption of it has definitely lessened the impact that new working conditions imposed by the pandemic has had on our company.

Pros

The chat feature is a excellent alternative to using email for inner company communication. Text conversations are much more readable than long email chains, and the option to have voice, video, screen sharing and file sharing all in one place has made inner company communication much easier.

Cons

The 'Teams' themselves are not as intuitive as they could be and it has taken longer to get our employees to buy into them as a means of collaboration and communication compared to chat.

Looking through old conversations is cumbersome and finding old discussion topics is not as ease as email. While a word search is available it only will display a single message when a result is click without the additional context of surrounding messages. More options for viewing a searching old conversations would be extremely useful.

The desktop Teams app uses a lot of RAM, older computers with less than 16GB might struggle to run it and other programs, which defeats the purpose of the application if it is not available all the time.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

While one of our company's departments experiment with Slack we ultimately chose Teams since it was included with a service we were already purchasing from Microsoft.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/12/2021

Working from home just got a whole lot easier throughout 2021

Microsoft Teams, Wow Wow Wow! Well long gone are the days of spending 20 to 30 mins trying to get all my learners to battle through Cisco WebEx's complex dial in process....OMG the nightmares so many of us had with that is just beyond belief.
Teams has been a lifesaver, timesaver, stress reducer in a time of high anxiety. It's been a brilliant investment by our workplace. We have our working meetings so easy to set up and in contrast to other softwares, there is no time limit. We can pass files back and forth, open files simultaneously to work collaboratively. It's saving huge amounts of time, improved efficiency and hence increased productivity. It has been a brilliant promoter of paper free working, less emails, and more in the moment work.

Pros

The video conferencing, screen sharing and being able to invite a limitless number of colleagues to the meeting with such ease has to be one of it's top strengths.
Live transcription on the go during meetings
Ability to see our colleagues in the display individually or a together mode on the seats; it's an extraordinary touch.
Absolutely love how you're able to change backgrounds throughout the meeting during conferencing
Very easy to set up and in contrast to other softwares, there is no time limit.
The ability to pass files & documents back and forth and to open files simultaneously to work collaboratively. It's saving us huge amounts of time, improved efficiency and hence increased productivity.
Breakout rooms are a breeze to set up and makes life so much easier.

Cons

Low bandwidth can be an issue, would have to switch the cameras off to compensate.
Have to mute chats to stop notifications constantly popping up in the bottom right hand corner - can be very distracting during sessions.
The whiteboards need better integration, e.g. being able to prepare prior to session, save after completion of sessions etc.

Scott
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 29/7/2022

Very Powerful Business Tool

Overall this is a very good tool that has changed how projects are run. It is well suited to our new hybrid work situations where some are remote and others are working on-site.

Pros

I use this product daily for my day job. Each day I attend a minimum of one or two meetings on MS Teams. It is great for hosting conferences and bringing people from around the world together. It is also great for one one one or group calls. I belong to several teams that host their info on MS Teams. It is great to have such a powerful tool.

Cons

The document storage can be a little clunky but that may just be the way that we use it. Does not interface well with our conference room audio/visual equipment when trying to use it as the host for a meeting. Must host from a separate PC, unlike a close competitor's product.

Tom
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Software we use on a daily basis

For better or for worse I can't imagine us not using Teams.

Pros

As we already used Office 365 integration was very easy, we adopted Teams when staff began working from home due to the pandemic - prior to this we were using Skype For Business for instant messaging. It has been essential in ensuring our company operated smoothly since we have adopted a permanent element of home working. It is regularly used for meetings, video calls and screen sharing.

Cons

The app is sometimes quite resource heavy depending on the length of a particular call and the number of participants. When screen sharing you can select a running application from a list but some don't appear in list (Power BI, for example) and you have to share your whole screen. Incoming call behaviour is sometimes odd, a call will ring the mobile app but not on desktop when running at the same time.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Skype for Business being discontinued and we required additional functionality.

Skype

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

We already use Office 365 so it was a no-brainer, it integrated easily, we already had access to it and it saved us paying for another app.
Matthew
Matthew
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Upgrade from Skype (and Outlook)

I love the fact that this is a very easy to use application, to chat with another team member, you just type their name in the search field. It also allows chats with each of the people who’ve accepted (and, unfortunately, those who haven’t replied or declined) appointments in Microsoft Outlook. I’ve not figured out how to disable the ability to invite me to chats about appointments I’ve declined (as I’m currently on some listserv that invites me to the wrong meetings — but this is an IT issue, not a Microsoft Teams issue, to be clear), but this is nothing major.

Our organization used to use Skype, which was Microsoft’s only chat system previously, but Microsoft Teams has proven itself much more useful. I can chat with (ahem) teams of people or privately with one person. I’m shown the user’s availability status with an icon next to their profile photo, which is imported from their Microsoft account. These are two great features because, while they are not new or particularly innovative, it is familiar and therefore easy to understand. The paradox in software design is to make something brilliant and breakthrough while keeping it familiar enough that users don’t need a training class or instruction manual.

The paradox with Microsoft Teams is that it might make more sense if it didn’t exist at all — meaning, all of these features could be enhancements to Microsoft Outlook. But that same argument could be made for all Microsoft Office products. Overall 4/5

Pros

It’s seamless integration with other Microsoft Office products so that no new knowledge is needed to use and all of the features of other products are repurposed in this one.

Cons

Ironically, this application might be better suited if it were merely an enhancement of features in Microsoft Outlook.

Janice
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 20/7/2020

Couldn't manage without it! A few areas need refining...

In a world where working remotely has become the norm, the need for platforms like Teams is vital! When my technical product support group was working in an office setting, we could walk over and ask colleagues for input while we had a customer on the phone line waiting for assistance. When working remotely, Teams allows us to very rapidly send out a question to our group and get instant feedback. We use it eight hours a day, every day. Teams also allows us to maintain some "relationships" even when we are in different locales. My manager calls it our "virtual aisleway", meaning we now do via Teams what we used to do at the office: chat in the aisle at work about business or personal life, just staying in tune with each other. I have found myself multiple times laughing out loud all by myself at my home office because my colleagues and I get involved in a light hearted Teams conversation about something off-topic. A little levity can go a long way in making one's office job a more pleasurable experience! And a happier employee is a more effective employee!

Pros

Most of the tools and icons (e.g., "attach", "share screen", "add participants") in Teams are intuitive and universal, which is important. Most users jump in and learn by doing, not receiving any formal training.

It is so helpful to be able to attach a photo of a customer's product concern in Teams so our technical product support group can view it and discuss it.

It is also useful that one can search Team conversations by a particular keyword, so if you want to locate a conversation about a subject from prior weeks, you can.

I don't know what we would do without the ability to phone each other through Teams! All day long, we make quick calls to each other, no cell phone needed! The steps are so simple: select a name, and click on the phone icon.

We used to use a different group chat platform, but since Teams is the most up to date Microsoft collaboration product, it syncs seamlessly with all of our other Microsoft apps such as Outlook. For example, all of the Teams conversation and meeting information can be referred to in Outlook.

Cons

When joining a Teams meeting, I always get tripped up by the screen that pops up. It asks how I want to join the meeting. Do I download the app, continue on the browser, or open an existing Teams app? Plus a separate window opens that says Open Microsoft Teams? This all confuses me. Can it not be detected how I always join my Teams meetings every day? Can it not detect that I already have downloaded an app?

I would recommend that it be made more clear how to "Reply" to a group conversation. The key is to Reply within the same conversation thread! I can't tell you how many times colleagues type a reply to a thread in the New Conversation field rather than the Reply field. Then we have a very disjointed conversation going on. Perhaps Reply needs to be bold face or a different color?

When changing your availability status, there are two statuses that are amber colored. One status is "be right back". The other status is "appear away". Why is there one status color for two different statuses?

Finally, on a lighter note, I think more emoji choices are needed. We have a lot of fun batting conversations back and forth all day at work, and some additional emojis to convey our emotions would be helpful. I find myself using the "thumbs up" symbol all day long as a catch-all to say I agree, or I got your message, or Thank you, or That makes sense, or even You're welcome.

Chethan

Reviewed on 11/10/2020

Review of Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is a very good Knowledge Management tool with very nice Instant messaging and Collaboration features.

Pros

Microsoft Teams is a very nice Instant messaging and collaboration software. Microsoft Teams is getting popular and many organizations have slowly started implementing the same. Microsoft Teams includes very nice features like Instant messenger which useful for the employees to chat with other co-employees within the same organization quickly and getting answers when needed. The other features are Calendar which allows the user to quickly schedule meetings, plan there schedules, Join the meetings with Audio & Video and also one can easily share their desktop or applications during the meetings. Microsoft teams also allows to have group conversations, get notifications on the chat messages, one can easily share screenshots or images during the conversation for quick clarifications, Wiki allows more than one person edit and update on the fly. One can also add the attachments required during the conversations. Microsoft Teams can be accessed through the software installed or using Browser to quickly join the meetings. One can also add other small applications within Microsoft Teams for better collaboration among the teams. Microsoft Teams also has a mobile app which allow the user to quickly join the meetings.

Cons

Microsoft Teams though very popular also has few demerits. Microsoft Teams is a proprietary product and it is a paid tool. It also has limited free version but not preferred by organizations. There are issues like Audio disturbances and sometimes it take too much time to join the meeting as the application need to load initially. In big organizations there will be more than one Instant messenger and this can create confusion. Most companies already has Skype and have started with Microsoft Teams & both do not sync and update status during meetings.

Filipi
Filipi

Reviewed on 20/1/2021

The best of the simple, functional and practical

In general, I really like this software being the one I currently use in my work and it suits me well with an interesting performance and the convenience of being accessed on all devices. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

This is one of the most useful and useful software in the entire office package. After the implementation of this software in the companies where I worked, I realized that the tasks related to meetings and to be more practical and easy to perform, as it was no longer necessary to perform integrations or accesses in other environments or configure the infrastructure equipment manually.

In the scenario in which we currently live (currently pandemic) this software proves to be something really useful and functional, solving with elegance and practicality a communication problem that most people were using, from corporate meetings to classes in an educational environment.

The features are interesting and meet virtually all scenarios, something to highlight is the possibility of recording meetings without the need to install plugins for this action and also the convenience of making presentations, task boards, WIKIs in teams, posts, which it helps me a lot in my day-to-day.

It is certainly a software that is still evolving, but it presents something very interesting and highly recommended.

Cons

It is undeniable to say that this software is not among the best in its category and is also very practical and functional, however, I would like to suggest a few things:

1. It would be interesting to list the documents and links sent in a conversation in a separate window within the chat of the conversation or meeting, so it would be easier to retrieve an old document for example.

2. When holding meetings on different days with the same users, the chat history is messed up because in these meetings different files and / or links can be shared. I suggest that it is possible to group these conversations by date so that the history would be more organized.

3. Have the possibility to expand the task board to be used for conversations with users and not just for teams.

These are some suggestions that I have to contribute but in general I reiterate that this software is one of the best in its category.

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 18/6/2021

Microsoft Teams our meeting platform

With teams, working from home was significantly more efficient. We have our workplace meetings booked on a calendar, and unlike Zoom, there is no time limit. We're able to transfer papers back and forth, as well as share screens and open files at the same time to work on jointly. It has been extremely beneficial in transitioning our firm from a paper-intensive brick and mortar to a more electronic-based remote operation.

The feature of the live caption on the meeting document storage in SharePoint
I particularly enjoyed how you can see the team members in the gallery or during a meeting on the seats; it's a great feature. cover for the back ground Throughout the meeting The online video conferencing and screen sharing, as well as the ability to invite an infinite number of people to the conference, are my favorites.
The feature of the live caption on the meeting document storage in SharePoint

Cons

One of the major problems with Microsoft teams at my firm is the retention policy of the communications you transmit. If you have something critical in a message, it will be erased after a short amount of time, potentially causing data loss. If you're communicating about crucial matters in teams, you'll need a mechanism to save any critical information from these meetings. Another downside of Microsoft Teams is the lack of consistent notifications. It can be irritating when the purple banner shows in the bottom corner of your screen every few minutes. To limit the amount of time this is a distraction, I recommend changing this in the Settings.

Jagdeep

Reviewed on 15/10/2022

Microsoft Teams User

Pros

The most important features of this software is real time chat, online meeting, screen recording, file sharing.

Our organization uses this software as a means of communication. It's very well supported on mobile application also.

Apart from its regular use, I give online KT sessions to new joiners which enables me to record it and share with others. Oh Yes, here it is integrated with our SharePoint. I had been the part of our team when we were customizing this product for our needs. As soon as the meeting ends, a recording link is generated where the video is stored at our sharepoint space.

Coming on to share files, I have almost shared files and documents with all extensions. Adding to this, I have shared zip folders also.

Since it's a part of Microsoft Suite, it is readily integrated with other applications like outlook etc. The statuses of any person (Available, Busy, DND) can be easily tracked on the mail itself, provided the person has logged in to Teams also.

You can communicate with people of other organizations also if they are using Microsoft Teams provided they should also use the same communication channel and both the organizations have enabled cross communication between organizations.

While doing screen sharing, the participants can request control of the desktop, just like Anydesk. This gives Teams a cut above the others.

Cons

The most irritating part is the tool bar while sharing screen during online meeting. There is no button in that tool bar with which I can disable it. This further makes very difficult to navigate to different tabs of the browsers. While giving demo of my code to PDO, I sometimes need to navigate to Jira tabs or to confluence documents, and this tool bar of Microsoft teams gets pinned there and as I mention again, there is no explicit button to disable it while screen sharing. This is the only drawback of Teams.