Constant Contact Reviews

About Constant Contact

Constant Contact delivers for small businesses with tools to simplify and amplify digital marketing. Whether it's driving sales, growing a customer base or engaging an audience, Constant Contact aims to help users build strong...

4.1

Rob
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 24/8/2021

Constant Contact Review

Very Good! It was easy to switch over and get everything going from the beginning.

Pros

We use Constant Contact to create our Email Campaigns and also to schedule posts on our social media on a weekly basis.

Cons

We had no problems with Constant Contact at all.

Brevo

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Mailchimp has by far the worst customer service and has not been able to solve our problems - Constant Contact did their job in 5 minutes.

Customer Service
Roldan
Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 30/9/2022

Constant improvements for Constant Contact!

Pricing might be competitive, but as a developer, it's not quite a nice experience integrating the email client. Specially when you are a developer trying to integrate it to your website. More in particular Elementor Pro integration. Hoping they already have reconciled this issue.

Pros

Just like any other email marketing tool, they can do the job. No complaints. Email creation for fast email campaign is a breeze. Templates are as well handfuls to choose from. Drag and drop features as well. And it seems that they have much more responsive email system compared to other clients.

Besides, you can use there service for user registration, A/B Testing and surveys.

Cons

First off, Constant Contact can do the job. No Problem. The problem comes when you deep dive into there system - technically taxing, not so user friendly interface, hard to implement branding etc...

Bugs, of course. When you drag a widget, it won't appear on the canvass. Exporting HTML version of the email is also a pain.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Well, to try the difference. Found out, they do have there own thurns and thissles with them. Pros and cons.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

We are MailChimp user. We have been disgruntled with MailChimp for some reasons. Until, we try Constant Contact for a change. Only to know both of them has discripancies with them. Can't choose one from the other.
Delight

Reviewed on 23/6/2024

Constant Contact for Real-time Marketing Automation

Email marketing automation is the main aspect that I relish.

Pros

Constant Contact not only automates marketing strategies but also offer web design capabilities.

Cons

Unfortunately, this program lack domain search and registration services.

Top Constant Contact Alternatives

Fernando
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 28/6/2024

Constant Contact has been a game-changer for staying connected with my clients. It's been easy...

Pros

I love the ease of creating and sending professional emails and tracking their performance. The templates are also a huge time-saver.

Cons

I wish the contact management interface was a bit more user-friendly. Also, the pricing can add up quickly as your contact list grows.

Response from Constant Contact

We appreciate your feedback, Fernando. If you would like to discuss your experience further and tell us what improvements would assist you when working with your contacts, don't hesitate to reach out to us by sending a quick email to social_support[at]constantcontact[dot]com with your username, email, and a reference to this review.

Kimberly
Kimberly

Reviewed on 28/3/2024

One of the Best!

Great overall. It's better than most. Room for improvement (if not in price points) than in a UI/X and less to no errors.

Pros

Constant Contact has the BEST customer service. Top notch!

Cons

At this price point, there should be NO bugs in usage. Still, however, there are issues when trying to do a few things. As good as they are, and better than most, there if much room for UI/X improvement!

Acumbamail and Mailchimp

Acumbamail and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Mailchimp was not worth the barely cheaper cost since I was already familiar with Constant Contact. And the Acumbamail UI/X needs improvement to compete with Constant Contact...even at a lower price point.
Ikenna
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 4/6/2024

What I Experience with Constant Contact

Pros

I am able to seamlessly create, customize and send high volume outbound marketing emails.

Cons

Constant Contact has not yet disclosed it’s dark side.

Adegboyega
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 4/7/2024

I Use Constant Contact to Contact Customers for 24/7

My overall experience is remarkable :- I use CC on a daily basis to automate marketing.

Pros

Constant Contact offers a wide range of email templates which makes it easy and quick to create and customize marketing emails.

Cons

Constant Contact has website builder tools but it requires to be boosted with external hosting apps.

Response from Constant Contact

This is great to hear, Adegboyega! Thanks for leaving a review.

Martin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 17/6/2024

Constant Contact Insight by RS Agent

Automating marketing is one of the benefits that I relish.

Pros

Constant Contact not only offers email marketing automation tools, but also has web design capabilities.

Cons

Constant Contact lack domain registration feature.

Response from Constant Contact

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Martin. We’d love to hear how we can create a 5-star experience for you. If there's anything we can do to improve your experience, please send a quick email to social_support[at]constantcontact[dot]com with your username, email, and a reference to this review so that our team can further assist you.

Andrea

Reviewed on 30/5/2024

Affordable & Easy to Use

Pros

I think Constant Contact's general User Interface is straightforward and intuitive, which works great for small offices with people who may not be so tech savvy. The design interface is easy to use, but it is also easy to import your own designs from other sources. As an office manager, I have purged a lot of unnecessary subscriptions from our work flow, but Constant Contact has never been one I've really considered. The price is comparable to other services, and the FAQ is helpful.

Cons

There is nothing I particularly dislike about constant contact. Sometimes finding files you just uploaded can be a bit troublesome, but it's really a speck on an otherwise great service.

Hazel
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 26/6/2024

Exemplary survey tools

Pros

Constant contact very aptly allows me to create surveys for social media and email marketing purposes.

Cons

I would like to see more survey templates and questioning styles. Thank you.

Response from Constant Contact

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Hazel. We’d love to hear how we can create a great experience for you when creating surveys. If you would like to provide feedback about the survey tool, please send a quick email to social_support[at]constantcontact[dot]com with your username, email, and a reference to this review so that our team can further assist you.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Efficient but Limited

Pros

I like that I am able to import templates I build in BEE Pro's email builder. Maintaining customer lists is easy. The company is well-known enough to have extensive plug-ins for both WordPress and WIX sites.

Cons

Their things make their email campaign builder limited: no mobile design front-end editor, no ability to customize email width, or easily affect padding and margins.

Also, it is weird that you have to contact their customer service to remove their logo at the bottom of the email - even if you pay for the pro plans.

SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We are a school, who's SIS system will not integrate with other software. So, we constantly have to upload lists to our email servicer. Mail chimp kept flagging our account - got very annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Unlimited email sends - pricing based on contacts

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

Clean, responsive design and intuitive list management

Customer service has always been helpful, especially when trying to figure out why specific customers are not receiving messages.

There is strong automation capability, but we haven't utilized it to its potential.

Pros

Responsive design and ability to create multiple, clean, attractive templates with varying brand elements. Simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface. List management is user-friendly and customizable.

Cons

Formatting of text styles is clunky and time consuming. There is the ability to apply headline and body text styles to some elements, but it is not intuitive at all. Management of bounced/suspended email addresses is not intuitive or informative.

Mailchimp and Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Better responsive design and campaign automation features.

Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Better responsive design and campaign automation features. Low price. Ability to create and maintain multiple responsive templates.
Lyndsey

Reviewed on 28/4/2023

Best email marketing products for small businesses

Constant Contact has been our team's favorite platform to use for email marketing. We are a small company, so we cannot speak for large businesses, but for us, it has been perfect to reach our 10,000+ person audience on a regular basis, as well as incorporate landing pages and gain more subscribers.

Pros

Constant Contact was our top choice for two reasons. 1. Emails are more customizable than other platforms. You can move elements side to side which you can not do on a handful of competitors' platforms. This was huge for us as the look and style of our email are extremely important. 2. Constant Contact offers the ability to create landing page sign-up forms. Total game changer and incredibly easy to create!

Cons

Frequently the platform slows or errors and the text editor covers the text box we are working on. To fix it, we have to refresh the page and likely lose our work.

GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

There was more flexibility and options for email layout and design.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

There was more flexibility and options for email layout and design.
Steve

Reviewed on 10/7/2020

Closed my account without notice or cause, customer service is friendly but poorly trained

This was the worst experience I have ever had, with any company, for any reason. It set my company back days of work. Do not use Constant Contact.

Pros

If someone were able to use Constant Contact without ever contacting customer service and if they didn't have a reputation for closing accounts, their interface is adequate for its intended purpose. It's possible to send E-Mails that appear as they do in the editor and their statistics for E-Mails that are actually able to be sent are presented well.

Cons

I spent 2 hours and 47 minutes on the phone waiting for their "deliverability team" to answer a question about SPF and DKIM and bounced messages, over six calls, before I finally gave up. I was never able to get in touch with anyone who know what he or she was talking about. I figured out the answer myself through a Google search hours later.

When I signed up for Constant Contact, a salesperson called me to upsell their services and asked what industry I was in, so I told her. I used the service for a month and spent hundreds of dollars to have my employees investigate their API.

Eventually, I complained to them about their poor wait times and someone called me to apologize. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with her and she told me I would get a 25% discount and they would get back to me about that in a few hours. After a few hours, instead of a discount, they sent me an E-Mail saying my account was closed because I was associated with an industry where I might send spam. I had only sent one message in the history of the account.

That's after I had told them before what industry I was in, and after I was helpful to them for 25 minutes of uncompensated time to tell them what was wrong with their customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Their customer service agents called me and seemed like they were more helpful than the agents would be at their competitors. That turned out to be an erroneous assumption.
Cheryle

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Review for Constant Contact

Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Sheri
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

An email marketing platform that works!

Pros

We signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!

Cons

The one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.

Michele
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 5/11/2020

Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business

Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Pros

Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

Cons

As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

Maria
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 31/3/2023

It streamlines marketing campaign management and data collection.

With Constant Contact, dealing with marketing campaigns has become a pleasure, as we have been able to cooperate in designing campaigns and publications and following them up. The data collected has also helped us create a realistic perception of the extent of our success in attracting customers.

Pros

Constant Contact provides many, many capabilities that enhance our ability to prepare and publish comprehensive and distinctive advertising campaigns. It is really great that all the settings are easy, as it does not require much effort, as there are ready-made easy-to-customize templates, and the contacts are easily set up. Constant Contact enables us with high efficiency to design the content of the advertisement as we wish, and drag and drop helps in that, and enables us to deal flexibly with all components and add images, texts and links with ease. Scheduling is also excellent, as we can easily organize publishing times on different platforms. It is also great that Constant Contact enables us to capture a lot of data that expresses the extent of customer response to advertising campaigns, and it is great that this data can be easily exported to different analysis platforms.

Cons

I haven't experienced any complications with Constant Contact, especially when dealing with email campaigns, and it's great that Constant Contact always provides us with newsletters with updates and lots of good ideas.

Neffer
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out.

What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Pros

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out.

Cons

I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Selene

Reviewed on 26/6/2018

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the...

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Violeta
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Good platform for email campaigns

Pros

What I like most about this platform is the fact that I can classify the list of subscribers according to my needs. When sending email campaigns, I can select which group to target instead of sending it to all of my leads. Their analytics is very clear and easy to understand. They provide tips to improve campaigns and stats to measure your effectiveness on each campaign.

Cons

I wish this platform would have more innovative features to make more powerful campaigns. For example,
adding videos or gifs. I usually design my campaigns on Canva and then add it in Constant Contact as an image because their designing tool is very limited. It will also be very useful if they would add a link for calls as they do to direct people to websites and emails.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Constant Contact is easier to use.

Easier to use
Curt
Curt

Reviewed on 25/11/2017

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

The highs and lows of constant contact.

Pros

1)Easy to use: Constant Contact has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to create and send emails, even if they have little to no experience with email marketing.2)Customizable templates: Constant Contact offers a wide range of customizable templates that users can use to create professional-looking emails.3)Advanced features: Constant Contact offers advanced features such as A/B testing, segmentation, and automation, which can help users fine-tune their email campaigns and improve their results.4)Integration with social media: Constant Contact allows users to easily integrate their email campaigns with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, making it easier to reach a wider audience.5)Excellent customer support: Constant Contact has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, with a team of experts available to help users with any questions or issues they may have.

Cons

1)Expensive: Constant Contact can be more expensive than some other email marketing tools, especially for users with large email lists or those who need advanced features.2)Limited customization options: While Constant Contact allows users to customize their templates, the options for customization may be limited compared to other email marketing tools.3)No free plan: Constant Contact does not offer a free plan, which may be a drawback for users on a tight budget or those who are just starting out with email marketing.4)Lack of integrations: Constant Contact does not offer as many integrations with other tools and platforms as some other email marketing tools.5)Poor deliverability: Some users have reported issues with email deliverability with Constant Contact, which can be a major issue for any email marketing campaign.

Trish
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Email Marketing

Overall, it's very good. It's pretty easy to use and the emails are really nice looking. They provide lots of templates to choose from or you can design your own. You can create many contact lists so you can target your emails to the group you're trying to reach.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to use. You don't have to have extensive training in order to figure it out. They have lots of templates to choose from. You can talk or chat to a real person when you need help. They also offer a non-profit discount, which is very nice. The emails are very nice and professional looking. Once you have a template you like, you can copy it each time and change the colors to make it look fresh.

Cons

The events site is set up a little different than the regular emails. So adding things to the landing page isn't quite as easy as the drag and drop method that's available for the email marketing portion. Also, the event feature is good for taking basic registrations and payments (like selling items) but not great for a full blown event. We used it for several years for our fundraising event but it was a bit cumbersome. There was no easy way to do things like offer sponsor levels with X number of guest tickets included. Eventually we moved our fundraiser to an event-specific software.

Jessie
Jessie
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 6/12/2023

Great tool for our Cooperative

I'm happy with Constant Contact and we just renewed for another year.

Pros

Email management is easy to add/remove addresses, whether that's by me or those signed up. I love the social media scheduler feature, I'm able to schedule posts to go to multiple platforms from one program.

Cons

I miss the calendar. There used to be a calendar that integrated into Outlook so I could see all of my scheduled campaigns. It developed a bug that it's not working in Outlook. It was nice that I didn't have to log in to see if I had anything scheduled for the day.