About Spendwise

Spendwise is a cloud-based system that helps businesses and other organizations track, manage and control spending. Users can create purchase orders, submit them for approval, approve or reject them, and email them directly to...

Browse Spendwise Reviews

sanhita
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

Best Purchase Order Software

Pros

Spendwise is the best. I have been using Ever since I have been using it in my office I can see a significant change it's a fast, one-point system where I can do my inventory raise a purchase order, track history compare products cost get all my invoices in the same system. The best part is since it's online also I can open it from any place and be updated. It's the most logical software which is out there.

Cons

It is a 5-star software. I like the software as it has helped me grow. Mostly it has saved me lots of time and man-hours searching for invoices at year-end tax time.

Lisa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Now I Know

Wish we would have purchased this system earlier. This is our first budget cycle when we have full visibility into all of our costs plus we are now able to manage inventory and fulfilment in one system. We love it if you couldn't tell!! :)

Pros

This software has solved the age old issue of knowing what everyone is spending throughout the organization. We connect all the procurement pieces in one system from purchase requisition through final invoice payment and it's cut our time to process payment by over 50%!

Cons

None really. It connects to QuickBooks and the training to get everyone using the system was minimal.

mike
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 9/12/2022

Making purchasing easier

Pros

The software is easy to use,not slow and cumbersome like the other software we had in place.

Cons

I have nothing to dislike about this software

Top Spendwise Alternatives

Microsoft Excel

ProcurementExpress.com

Bellwether Purchasing Software

Jack
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 20/9/2016

Opinion on sales order

Works fine. Needs a keep me signed in box
Overall quality is good. Can easily work all the drop down menus. Stores customers information which is nice to have to create every time

Pros

Creating sales order and drop down menu. Hold customer name which is nice not to have to create each time

Cons

Doesn't stay logged in
Make it easier to save and do new sales order after you finished one
Needs to hold more customer names

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback. The system should allow you to stay logged in if you want as well as save a sales order and create a new one at once by clicking the "Save & New" button. The system should also allow you to save an unlimited number of customer names. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and resolve.

Replied 21/9/2016

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

track POs with ease

we didn't have a customizable PO system before officewise

Pros

the filter and sort fields make it easy to find any Purchase Order quickly. The ability to email a PO straight to the vendor cuts down on repetitive actions!

Cons

When I close a PO I would like the screen to refresh to the main PO list instead of having to close out of the closed PO screen.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback. To end up on the main PO list page after closing a purchase order we recommend closing the purchase order from the list page which you can do by checking the box next to the purchase order, then click on the More button at the top of the list, then click on Close option. This feature also allows you to close multiple purchase orders at a time. Hope this helps.

Replied 9/12/2017

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Good product for needs

Wonderful! I would recommend this to many offices!

Pros

Easy to use and makes billing easy. Fast and affordable. Streamlines many of my daily/weekly/monthly duties and needs.

Cons

Training and updates could be a little better. Confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it is easy.

Samuel
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Must have to track inventory

Pros

Great too to control inventory and sales. You are able to track your inventory from your phone and you can use key words to search PO's. This tool is a great way to be more organized and get rid of paper purchase orders and have everything electronically.

Cons

It would be very helpfully to be able to print multiple purchase orders at once.

Reviewed on 27/3/2019

Helps me to manage my business spending.

Pros

A really ground tool to budget your office spending. I started with the free trial and then later segued into a paid program that was more than reasonably priced for my small budget. The software is all online based, so there's nothing to download or install. Everything is managed on the internet. And while I don't have the best nor quickest internet connection, I can still use this product with ease. Using this product helps with the administration of our paperwork so I'm free to get to the business of earning money and working in the field. I've heard they're expanding their offerings. I'm looking forward to what more they'll be able to do for me in the future!

Cons

Well, on the few times my internet has been down I couldn't access my account because it's all internet based. That's only a problem for me due to my rural location. The majority of users are better located than me. Other than that, I have no issues.

Lionel
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Spendwise review of product

The Spendwise product is a very exceptional software. I found it to be a valued part of my request for an order procedure..

Pros

The Spendwise product is very easy to use of use.

Cons

I found nothing to dislike with the Spendwise product.

Priscilla
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Software Review

The overall experience has been a good one. Easy to use and keep track of purchases.

Pros

Ease of creating and sending purchase orders to vendorsEase of tracking purchase orders

Cons

Finding and editing the items listEase of adding or editing a vendor

Response from Spendwise

Thank you for your feedback Priscilla! Glad to hear that your overall experience has been good and that you find Spendwise easy to use. Will take your comments about finding and editing items and vendors into consideration as we work to continually improve the system.

Replied 15/12/2022
Matt
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 18/5/2017

Able to work with the software and have a positive experience when using it.

The ability to track purchases and determine total dollars spent by vendor.

Pros

The ease in the use of the software. Several fields can be populated by typing the first letters of a vendor's name. The item numbers also can be populated with the first few letters on the company's item numbers.

Cons

There was an update to the software a few months ago. There was no training on the changes to the software. It was difficult to determine where items needed to go. It took sometime to figure this out.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review. We agree that we could have done a better job of communicating the updates we made to our user interface a couple of months ago. We don't plan to make any other significant changes to our user interface but will be sure to better communicate any changes going forward.

Replied 18/5/2017
Jake

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

Great Application for Monitoring POs

Pros

OfficeWise is pretty easy to use, even if you aren't familiar with their UI. Everything is in the right place and has solid basic functionality.

Cons

Would like the ability to close multiple POs at once. No native support for Invoices to come through the system.

Response from Ryan

Thank you for your feedback. To close multiple POs at once please complete the following steps: 1) Log in to your account, 2) Click Purchase orders in left menu, 3) Check box to left of purchase orders you want to close, 4) Click on More button at top of page, and 5) Click Close in dropdown. Not exactly sure what you mean by no native support for invoices to come through the system but will follow-up with you to see if we can come up with a solution.

Replied 12/3/2019
Clint
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 4/10/2017

Quick and Easy, ideal for small companies.

Organized our procurement process in a beneficial and productive way.

Pros

This software took our company from a convoluted excel based system to an organized and easy to use software platform that we love.

Cons

This software lacks a few features that would be helpful but overall not critical. Being able to track lead times, order numbers, and being able to pull that list by project would be very helpful. The software would also benefit from being able to communicate with other software systems, like quickbooks.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Clint. The system does include order numbers and tags which are often used for project spend tracking and I have some ideas on how you can use due dates and other features to track lead times. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and see how we can improve. As for communicating with other software systems I agree that we can do better and it is on our "to do" list. For now I am wondering if our data import/export features can help you get you what you need and will follow-up with you to review.

Replied 10/10/2017
Meredith

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Overall, Officewise is easy to use and a helps keep our purchase orders organized for 23...

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. Easy keyword searches on past purchase orders. You can copy previous purchase orders and resubmit with minor changes, so it makes PO entry quick. You can give everyone in a department access to see past PO's of other

Cons

We have had trouble with the approval process. You can select multiple approvers in the PO, but rather than going to the next approver, our POs will go back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Meredith! Not sure why PO would be going back to the original person submitting the PO each time an approver approves. Will follow-up with you directly to help resolve.

Replied 13/12/2017
Jake
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 31/5/2018

Easy To Use PO System

Pros

Very Easy to Review Past POs
Great History Tracking
Easy to Create A New PO
Easy to Edit and Update a PO with New Information

Cons

Would like an option to print multiple POs at once
Needs better Invoice integration (Submit Invoice with PO)

Response from Ryan

Replied 20/6/2018
Nick
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 26/9/2016

Great Service

We've been very happy with Officewise! We use it every day to create Purchase Orders and cross reference items we've ordered for deliveries ect. Definitely very easy to use and extremely helpful!

Pros

The fact that we can search key words for previous POs that have been created.

Cons

Not much that I don't like! Once in a while it won't let me delete the top row on purchase orders when I add one too many lines, but that isn't really any issue.

Ashley

Reviewed on 17/5/2017

Love Officewise

Pros

Website is very easy to use and self explanatory. You can easily save POs, convert to PDF, search for past POs. The latest update has also added quite a few new and great features.

Cons

The only Con or feature I wish could be added is a list of projects so that you can allocate which PO belongs to which project.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review. For project tracking we recommend using the "Tag" field on the purchase order. You can then run purchase order tag reports to see which PO belongs to which project. I will follow-up with you directly to show how this can be done.

Replied 17/5/2017
Glen
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 30/3/2017

Great, easy to use & affordable

Love the software. Version 2.0 is awesome. Just wish it have the ability to do quote versions & track cost inside of a quote without having to create an inventory item.

Pros

Easy to use, many many features

Cons

Can't revision quotes without losing old quote. Wish I could put costs in quote for my own tracking.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Glen! I have some ideas about how to revise and track versions of quotes as well as track cost without having to create an inventory item. Also would like to better understand the issue to see how we can improve going forward. Will reach out to you to further discuss.

Replied 30/3/2017
Melissa
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 9/9/2020

Great Program and Easy to Use!

This program is great because I can communicate with other employees through the program and I really enjoy the ease of use.

Pros

I love how user-friendly the program is, support is great, and there's many functionalities within the program for multi-use.

Cons

I have yet to find something I don't like!

Tim

Reviewed on 20/7/2017

This is great software for the price easy to use and maintain

It helps me do my job

Pros

It is very detailed for the price you can do just about anything you need to do to keep your business running smooth

Cons

I would like to be about to have more ability to customize some things but other that that is great.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review Tim! We are currently working on some upgrades that will give you more freedom to customize forms and other aspects of the system. I expect that these upgrades will be released within the next month or so and will notify you when they are available.

Replied 20/7/2017
Linzee
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Officewise is great and easy to use but the limitations in the description box is a problem.

You benefit from having one central location to put in all the orders you need to purchase for the office, as well as, let administration know what id going on event wise.

Pros

I like the efficiency of it in the office setting. It is nice to be able to have a place to submit everything you need and it can be sent to the person who needs to purchase the orders. I like how it sends emails notifying you when something has been sent to you or approved.

Cons

The description box does not allow enough lines to type and you cannot add the same approver more than once, which is a little inconvenient in some circumstances.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Lindzee! The description field has a 900 character limit which we hope meets your needs most of the time. In cases where the description exceeds the character limit we usually recommend attaching a file with the description to the purchase order and referencing the file in the description field of the purchase order. I will follow-up with you directly to see if this solution could work for you and discuss other alternatives.

Replied 14/12/2017
Cecil

Reviewed on 9/4/2017

Easy to use.

Overall my experience with Officewise has been good. If I can figure out how to use something, anyone can. The only difficulty I've had is when I access my account via my "smartphone".

Pros

Ease of use. I have no secretarial, business, or accounting background and I was able to figure out how to use this program.

Cons

Not mobile friendly. At least with my phone. May be on my end and not program's.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Cecil. We have plans for a mobile app and in the mean time try to make our site as mobile friendly as possible. Not sure exactly why it isn't working so well on your phone but will follow up with you directly to see what we can do about fixing.

Replied 10/4/2017
Anthony
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 9/6/2017

This is by far the easiest software to maintain my accounts

Keeping track of all my customers and weekly invoices with ease.

Pros

The ease of the software, the format, the great customer service and it's one hundred percent dependable.

Cons

There's really nothing I can say that I don't like. Maybe the only thing that needs to be adjusted is the font size of the initial layout. But of course, that's something you can adjust on your own.......

Tracie

Reviewed on 20/7/2017

Easy to use and track purchases!

Pros

We are a small office site on the other side of the Country of Armenia corporate location. Having office wise makes submitting peels and receiving on them to our finance office like they're sitting in the next office down.

Cons

Wish there was a way to remind me to revive my po's through email or remind me when I log in. If there is it is not very easy to see.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review Tracie! Our system does have a reminder feature that will notify you of purchase orders that are still pending your review. I will follow-up with you directly on how to activate the reminder feature.

Replied 20/7/2017
Cassim

Reviewed on 28/7/2017

Easy To Use

I found it to be very efficient and easy to use.

Pros

I love the fact that this product is easy to use, especially the fact that I can send PO to the office conveniently. I love it!