Microsoft Publisher Reviews

About Microsoft Publisher

Microsoft Publisher, part of Microsoft 365, is a set of tools for creating professional-looking documents, newsletters and marketing materials. The software lets design unique, specialized materials for any purpose and share them...

Browse Microsoft Publisher Reviews

Georges
Georges
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 7/8/2021

Best publishing software EVER... Microsoft Publisher

Publisher has been my "go-to" software when t comes to creating things for publishing, be it online or on paper.
I use it extensively and, a lot of the people around me have fallen in love with it as well.
They are on the right track and hope that the next upgrades will be some much anticipated enhancements.

Pros

From simple labels to large scale banners and posters, without forgetting of course the mail merge part and simple website creation: Publisher can do it all.
Very simple to use, i mean, i was able to initiate someone in about 4 hours and now, just like me, she cannot live without it.
The latest updates, coupled with the compatibility with all the Microsoft Office software just makes it PERFECT for the people who need to publish or create simple stuff without the need for expensive and cumbersome professional software.

Cons

It has certain limitations and still has a few things that need to be worked out. Talking about layering items and objects, the inability to use the "F4" function key to repeat the last action you did.
Also, there is no way on earth you can insert a size for a cell inside a table so you have to "play it by eye".
Simple useless things but, to the regular user, become a nag.

Maycol
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 10/5/2023

app for design of pages, magazines, etc.

I used it for various school work on a magazine and the production of a newspaper. It made it very easy for me to edit the pages, so I could give it the style I wanted. It is a bit complex if used "professionally", but if you understand the basics of the app you can do a lot of things.

Pros

I feel that it is a very complete app for newspaper/magazine style editing work, as well as being easy to use.

Cons

It is a bit expensive, as usual in office packages.

QuarkXPress

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Publisher

I started Publisher because I was watching videos on YouTube about Publisher and that got me interested in the product. Besides, I already had it on my computer through the office suite.
César
César
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

The basics never fail

It is a design program where if you do not have great design skills, it can be ideal, it is easy to use, it does not have functionalities or complex interfaces. A basic but useful option.

Pros

I like that it is connected to the entire Microsoft ecosystem, it has a basic, intuitive, easy-to-use interface. It presents all the basic functionalities that a design program should have. It has great integration with other office programs. A very good service.

Cons

I do not like that there are not many options or unique features, it has the basic features, but little else. The gallery of templates is scarce.

Top Microsoft Publisher Alternatives

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Print Shop Manager

Sam
Sam
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 13/4/2023

How Tour Document Format in Microsoft Publisher

This software provides many ready-made formats that we can easily change to create many advertising works and company newsletters. Even we were able to prepare a large part of the company's product catalogs with this software.

Pros

This software allows us to create our own custom format using templates built into professional documents such as newsletters, postcards, advertisements, invitations, brochures and more.

Cons

Through this software, we were able to create the company's newsletter, which was also used in the advertising section of the company's products. Because the newsletter was distributed between customers and employers. It is very easy to work with this software

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

A user-friendly publishing tool.

I produce professional business cards and programs with Microsoft Publisher. Its simplicity and integration with other Microsoft applications make the job a walk in the park for me. The image editing tools allow me to make quick adjustments and the end result is always a professional-designed document.

Pros

I like how I quickly got the hang of it thanks to its intuitive and user-friendly interface. Its rich library of customizable templates helps save time and effort.

Cons

While its rich template library and user-friendly interface make it the perfect choice for small businesses and individuals, it's pretty basic and not meant for design professionals. If you're seeking advanced design capabilities, then you need to consider other powerful software. It needs a steeper learning curve to work with complex designs like other high-end software options currently in the market.

Valerie

Reviewed on 4/11/2023

This is a way to get a project done

I love Microsoft publisher when I was first introduced I did not think I was going to ever need this but now I never use word and just use Microsoft publisher.

Pros

There's so many different things that you can use Microsoft publisher for. You are the editor and you control the editing there is so many different features that can be done to your project

Cons

Sometimes I don't like the fonts that are available and do not want to have to purchase any fonts either

Kushan
Kushan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/8/2023

Versatile tool to improve Professionalism

Overall it is a user-friendly application in documentation. It helps me a lot in creating my documents in my day to day work.

Pros

This is a user-friendly application compared to other apps considering document management where I can save progress ( on PC or cloud) and continue later. Files can be stored and saved in a variety of formats as per the company's requirements. Multiple people working on the same project can easily edit the document by giving permission to access it. Document search is also accurate. Searching for texts makes easier since it can find even if the text is misspelled.

Cons

It does not support the latest features. Some Features can be added compared with other desktop publishing software referring to typography.

Josh

Reviewed on 5/12/2023

Publisher is a fantastic tool for your business!

I have used it for 3 years in managing data and publishing my documents for peers and it’s always been a pleasurable experience.

Pros

I like that it is from the Microsoft corporation so there is already a familiarity with things. You know that it will be great quality and a cut above the rest.

Cons

The occasional crash but this happen infrequently.

Tarmetria
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 2/10/2023

Microsoft

Pros

I like how easy it is to write or proof read or maintain a slide show etc . Very useful for those in the industries of office and business and banking . Maybe each review you can become more successful in your micromanaging career!!

Cons

There’s nothing that I don’t like about Microsoft

Inzie
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Certification

I use publisher to design recognition and appreciation certificates to award the employees.

Pros

Documents created in Microsoft publisher are easily saved in different formats as liked by the use, I can save documents as an image of jpeg,PNG or other extension.

Cons

Only the challenge is that publisher has old templates hence need to be updated to new designed templates.

Angela
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 25/3/2022

LOVE Publisher!

We use publisher for our church almost daily to create files, and I use it personally as well to create all sorts of things. Much easier to format things (even easier than Word!). We make banners OFTEN and publisher makes it EASY to make a long banner for our needs. Signage, documents, pamphlets, booklets, etc. - we use it for so many things!

Pros

I've used publisher for over 15 years and I love it. Being able to import pictures/graphics and design booklets, documents and more. And it's easy to export to PDF and make a PDF of a publisher file too.

Cons

The only thing I miss is that OLD shortcuts (like hyphenating or turning off hyphens in a paragraph) used to be easily accessible as a shortcut. New versions of publisher changed how to find that feature so I have to search in help if I want to find out how to do certain things, then remember how to access the shortcut on the keyboard to carry out the action. I miss certain features like that which aren't easy to find anymore. It's been YEARS since this changed happened.

Stephen
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 13/3/2022

Power Point & me

It never crashes and it can almost red my to where I want to take my writings.

Pros

It was accesible when I rought it it had not been on the open market for long . I didn't even bother trying to find reviews on it when saw itwas a Microsoft product brought even though the sales person tried to show me other programs I admit I was a bit obstinate but I knew what I wanted and was not going to be deterred by oe who was more concerned about their commission than my needs. I was not disappointed. It was like finding a new best friend.

Cons

I can't find to me many things I don't like about it. Here's why. I write music and short stories. My spelling a phraseology is horrible with Power Point they were like having My guardian Angel watching over me when did any type od creative writing they corrected as I wrote it was amazing no dictionaries need.

Masuzyo
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 15/2/2022

Microsoft Publisher - Great For Beginners

Overall, it's a great tool that will get any user straight into publishing and at a much lower cost. It has a smooth workflow that makes it easy to prepare publications and similar documents within a short space of time.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use, especially for beginners when it comes to publication. My team team is able to quickly create document layouts for quick print operations without much hustle. It's also much cheaper compared t similar products on the market

Cons

It does not have as many templates as other more expensive software and you don't get as much control as you'd like on the final printed image.

Kim
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Essential Product

This has been invaluable creating the 'table' pages I need for my job.

Pros

Once I learned (without training) how to use the program for the projects I am creating, it is wonderful. I create 'tables' for the bins of our technicians trucks. It is a rather essential item for our business.

Cons

The only problem I have come across is opening files I had saved to my One Drive. Trying to reopen them I have found that I have to open on that I saved on the computer, resaved that to my One Drive, close it, then I can open my files saved on my One Drive again.

Aria
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Integrated Solution For Personal and Corporate

As described, this software is an "all in one" solution for publishing matter. It can export the result to many formats and can import document contents in many formats too.

Pros

This software is just like "all in one" solution when it comes to publishing matter. I work with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint. Using Microsoft Publisher can combine document contents way too easy for everyone.

Cons

Some features are depend on internet connection, and it's not every time I'm working inside the grid.

Sharon
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 17/5/2023

Long time user

As a long time user, Publisher has allowed me to create, store, retrieve documents that can be reused and saves me time in preparation of new materials

Pros

Allows me to create and publish flyers and promotional items quickly

Cons

Not always compatible with other programs

Kandice

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Great for the amateur graphic designer!

Publisher has let me create some great work - from invitations to birth announcements, event posters to even an illustrated children's book. If I can think it, I can get creative and make it in Publisher!

Pros

I’ve been using Publisher for 20 years, and while it’s not as “hip” as its friends in the Adobe world, it gets the job done. I can create anything I need to - flyers, posters, invitations, cards, calendars, basically anything I need to print - and Publisher doesn’t take a Masters Degree in computer science to operate.

Cons

There are certain small features I wish were less clunky (like being able to see sample fonts when inserting word art just like you do when inserting plain text) - but those are specific to me, and not a disadvantage of the product overall.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 19/6/2023

Microsoft Publisher - Excellent for newsletters, flyers, etc.

It is good for less complex projects like flyers and newsletters. It's family resemblance to other Microsoft Office programs makes it easy to learn for someone who regularly uses Word, Excel, and or Powerpoint. On the other hand, Adobe InDesign works better for complex projects and for someone who regularly uses other Adobe applications, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver, etc.

Pros

Easy integration with other Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel. Much less expensive and much easier to learn than Adobe InDesign.

Cons

It is not as full featured as Adobe InDesign and thus is less suitable for complex projects or for interfacing with professional publishers.

Kathy
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/1/2022

Great Product!! Easy to use.

Very easy to use, I have implemented fellow teammates to use this program as well. It is a lot easier to teach than Microsoft Word.

Pros

I love to be able to manipulate my document with ease. It is a very user friendly program. I love it over a word document program.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say at all. I love this software.

Audie Art

Reviewed on 20/2/2023

Microsoft Publisher's Effeciency

Overall, my experience of using this software has been great. Makes my life super easy because in just some taps of the template i can produces quality and professional looking flyers etc.. Definitely helps us to save some money instead of paying for professional.

Pros

I like that Publisher allows us to be creative because we can create our design for Brochures, flyers, banners etc.. and also be Professional because of ready to use quality templates. Its also very easy to use and integrate with microsoft sofwares.

Cons

What i like least is its limited control on size. May cause complication if you force it and can waste your time.

Aisa

Reviewed on 19/7/2022

MS Publisher Review

Using this software is good. I will still continue to use this product in some of my works.

Pros

Before other software emerge, I am using ms publisher in creating and designing instructional materials for my class. I find some features of this software good and user-friendly. I love the fact that I can create various sizes of instructional materials using the software. I can also make cards, flyers, brochures, and many more using MS Publisher.

Cons

The layouts and features of this software are lesser compared to other software. Sometimes it can be complicated. I don't like the editing features of this product. Not suitable for graphics designing and photo editing.

Bisso ndjoono

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

Publisher review

As benefits they're a lot I can say that I give to my costumers they best at the right time with quality

Pros

This product is very easy to use for my customers asking

Cons

If they can give more templates it will be great full

Igabord

Reviewed on 2/2/2022

Microsoft Publisher review

I can tell you that this program is excellent since it allows us to complete our job projects with great professionalism, such as attractive brochures, newsletters, and adverts with creative photographs that will provide a better view of the people to whom we will be sending them.

Pros

MS Publisher is a program that is far more user-friendly than similar web-based solutions. I tried a few other programs in the hopes of avoiding having to pay for the software, but in the end, I bit the bullet and paid for it since, let's face it, the program is simply more user-friendly. Publisher makes it easy to manipulate stuff, as well as a plethora of other things!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Publisher is that you have to renew your software license every year. I think it would be great if you could buy the current version and then upgrade later in the year if you wanted to.

Owen

Reviewed on 1/2/2022

Microsoft Publisher Review

Working with Publisher is exciting and full of learning, creativity and has high quality publications.

Pros

The software gives you a chance of developing a variety of materials for example logos, newsletters, postcards, flyers, invitations, websites, greetings cards and it is always exciting and fun while using it.
You get to learn a lot of materials which you can even use to start businesses.

Cons

It has a wide curve of learning.
But it has always been improved over the years so for now I have nothing bad I see with it.

Joycelyn

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Microsoft Publisher (Pros and Cons)

Microsoft Publisher has been helping me to create materials to teach. Hence it plays a very integral role in my field of work.

Pros

From my experience with this software, the features that I find very impactful are; The availability of many templates to choose from, the tools that it provide the user with in order to be creative, and the ability to use high resolution picture backgrounds. Microsoft Publisher is very user friendly. The first time I used it I was able develop a document on my own. With my profession, this product has helped me to develop materials that has been helping me to teach.

Cons

Microsoft Publisher could improve their grammer checks and auto correction when writing and the templates that it provides cannot be transfered to other applications for further editing without the quality being decreased.