Microsoft Outlook Reviews

About Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook is a free email and calendar solution designed for both personal, educational and business use. The software allows users to send, receive, and manage emails, plus book and track events and appointments in the...

4.1

Browse Microsoft Outlook Reviews

1,971 of 1,971 reviews
Tejas
Tejas
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Microsoft Outlook - Father of E-mail management

Outlook has helped us in our business management, the design of the app is great and also customization options in the e-mail are really helpful.

Pros

The best software and also the easiest to track your e-mails. Can work as a client and on the web too. Also there are tons of extensions you can integrate your outlook with to make it much more helpful.

Cons

The set-up from another e-mail client can be a little difficult but the result once you move to outlook is great,

Zoho Desk

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

Gmail was not really east to keep a track of all the mails and also the attachments are shown at the bottom of the mail which I don't think is helpful.

agnes
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 27/6/2024

excellent tool for email management

I use outlook daily at work. It is simple to use but at the same time provides many options and tools, including easy use of various format attachments. It includes the outlook calendar which is easy to use and very helpful in keeping track of meeting.
Great experience using Outlook

Pros

- ability to create folder for easy sorting of emails and auto directing of emails based on contact/email address;
- unread folder - easily allows to check unread emails which are visible in the unread folder - these can be additionally sorted by date, recipient etc;
-the search function with various filters which makes it easy to find emails based on different criteria.
- overall appearance of the application and ability to change it as per personal preference.

Cons

Have used outlook for work for many years, and have not had any complaints

Angela
Angela
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 29/6/2023

Advantages and some drawbacks

Pros

I have been using Microsoft Outlook for many years to manage my various email addresses. I am a Microsoft customer with the complete Office 365 package. Microsoft Outlook has several advantages and some drawbacks. Among the advantages, I definitely appreciate the ability to easily share the calendar with other collaborators and colleagues who work in different companies than mine. This is crucial for the work I do, and it can be effectively managed through Microsoft Outlook. I greatly appreciate the calendar function and the ability to install extensions like Grammarly or Quillbot for the English language. I also make frequent use of rules to organize folders.

Cons

One of the limitations of Outlook is its heaviness and lack of fluidity. I often encounter synchronization issues, and drafts of emails with attachments are automatically created even though I have simply created and sent them immediately. This is a problem that I have noticed other people experiencing years ago as well. Nevertheless, overall, I continue to use Outlook because it is convenient to manage multiple email addresses from a single mail client.

Top Microsoft Outlook Alternatives

Aria

Reviewed on 19/4/2024

A very popular email management software

Pros

I like how it integrates with other Microsoft products. It is extremely straightforward to use. Perfect for those who primarily use Microsoft.

Cons

I don't like how you can't upload a pdf to an email signature. You can only add .jpg or .png, which means that your signature images will not be hyperlinked. Other than that, no complaints!

Gmail and iCloud

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Better pricing for multiple emails using our custom domain.
Megan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 25/6/2024

Microsoft Outlook works for me....

I would recommend Outlook to my friends, other businesses and my staff. It's an all in program not just great for emails but for any office task you want to complete.

Pros

It's easy to setup, use, and train my staff to used. Plus you can access all the other products without leaving Outlook. You can access word, Excel, PowerPoint and many more features all from one location.

Cons

I would love to have more free storage space. But otherwise the program it's self is great.

Olivia

Reviewed on 2/7/2024

Great tool for Account Managers

I used it all day every day, it's easy to use and the functionality and plug in's save me a lot of time on a day to day basis. I find the mobile app extremely easy to use as well.

Pros

Easy to use and ability to connect with other software

Cons

It would be good if there was a way to create to do lists within outlook that doesnt require opening a seperate app

Amit
Amit
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 11/6/2024

Microsoft Outlook: Useful tool to prioritize your work

The overall experience is quite positive for effective communication and timely response is a best tool by Microsoft.

Pros

It helps us to prioritize the work, ensure timely response for a better client response.

Cons

The application lags at times then need to refresh it get the fresh emails and got a limited storage capacity of old emails.

Eveny

Reviewed on 28/6/2024

Very Useful

Have been using daily to send, read and delete emails.

Pros

It’s easy to use, I can send emails with large files and keep my emails organized. I’m able to unsubscribe or block unwanted senders.

Cons

I didn’t like the new interface but I’m able to keep the old one, so not a problem.

Melanie
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 26/6/2024

Great communication tool.

I use it to communicate with team members and receive updates

Pros

Easy to use and navigate around. The calendar link makes it easy to keep track of appointments.

Cons

Too many updates. Having to restart somethings occurs right in the middle of work.

grace

Reviewed on 27/6/2024

Microsoft Outlook

its great for everyday use and wonderful for sending mass emails. can also use it as a calendar when sent events through email

Pros

it's very self-explanatory so very good for first time users

Cons

it will glitch from time to time but always get fixed

Anibal

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

App Keeps getting every Year

Overall, I still love the app.

Pros

What I love about the software is the ability to add different email addresses. This saves my computer a ton of ram because I don't need to have those email opened on my browser.

I also love the ability how SharePoint and outlook are all connected, thus allowing me to use Power Query on a spreadsheet to view certain data I want to see or evaluate.

Cons

I don't like how the app still includes certain features on the web version that it isn't available on the app itself.

Web Outlook allows you to create a "Microsoft To Do Task" by just highlighting any text inside the body of your mail, meanwhile outlook as an app is unable to do so.

Also, I don't like that Outlook takes Storage away from my computer per every email I setup, so for those who´s got a laptop of 128GB or less. I don't personally recommend having too many accounts.
I manage 4 email and I had to keep one away because that mail was eating too much GB from my computer storage.

Jordan

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

Great Product, but could be more stable

Outlook is a great product and becoming more so all the time. It is the productivity application that our business can't live without. The feature updates in Outlook tend to introduce issues unfortunately. The Shared Mailbox experience could be improved, it is common to see Outlook become non-responsive when switching between shared mailboxes, even on high end computers and gigabit internet. The features and ease of use are really what make Outlook great.

Pros

* Constantly Evolving Powerhouse of features and functionality
* Dark Theme = love
* Focused Mailbox
* AI Driven daily summary driven by Cortana
* Hundreds of App integrations via Marketplace or 3rd party
* Robust Rule and Tagging/categorization ability
* Quick Steps help apply multiple actions to messages
* Scheduling of messages
* Devloper and customize templates
* Visual Basic advanced development
* Shared Mailboxes
* Group Mailboxes (Channels) that allow team collaboration and follow up
* Favorite your inbox and often accessed folders
* Team, Planner, and Personal Calendar all in a single overlayed view
* Scheduling and Meeting assistance
* Tasks, Contacts, and Sticky notes
* Search emails using filters and key phrases

Cons

* Microsoft's new release and development schedule is great for the addition of new and useful tools but is causing stability issues. It is common to have to repair Outlook and Office applications after a feature update.

* Adding shared mailboxes often causes Outlook to run slowly.

* Some serious optimizations are needed in the sync process to prevent Outlook hanging. I have to disable Downloading of Shared mailboxes, which is enable by default, on every computer Outlook is installed on

Google Workspace and Front

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Power and Features. If Microsoft can optimize and add easier to use collaboration functionality we will continue to use Outlook indefinitely.
Mahmoud
Mahmoud
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 4/9/2022

Email in professional way

As an overall if you want a software for the personal purpose then it's up to you to choose between it or Gmail , but if you want it for the professional use , there's no any software better than Outlook

Pros

On a professional level, there is nothing better to communicate, I have worked with more than one company and did not see one of them using another tool to send emails.
The ability to sync to all devices is incredible , it also help you to manage important emails

Cons

Personally, I haven't had any problems with Outlook, it's really makes my life easily

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

As I said for the professional use , outlook more better than Gmail because the accessibility for the important emails more flexible

Lydia

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

User-friendly email/calendar software

Pros

I find Outlook to be very user-friendly email/calendar software, coming from someone who has used Google email/calendar products in all of my previous roles. It was simple to learn how to use it and I like that I was able to download the Outlook desktop app on my Mac. This allowed me to integrate my other email accounts and calendars to have all of my email accounts in one place and also sync my calendars in one place. I'm all about efficiency! I also actually like having desktop notifications which you don't get when using the web version of Outlook, though that is an option.

Cons

One thing I do not like is how email threads appear in my inbox differently depending on whether I am using a Mac or PC. This is difficult because I work hybrid and when I am in the office, I use a PC, but I use a Mac when working from home. The Outlook app is a little different in general on a Mac vs PC, understandably so since it is a Microsoft software, but it would be helpful if the features and overall experience were more streamlined to be the same across different operating systems as this would make the experience more consistent.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Review for outlook

It is not a program that I can use for my personal e-mails. It can be used in more workplaces.

Pros

I'm using this through the company. It works for large-scale companies for users to interact with each other. It is an ideal program with its ability to access information quickly in parts such as the address book, signature operations and many features. It allows to categorize mails by giving colors.

Cons

It needs to be updated and developed for macos software. Also, mails are sent later to the desktop application. This pushes people to use online. It can be made faster. I am not looking for the efficiency I want in the filtering part either. When I type in the search button, it has trouble finding an exact match.

Philip
Philip

Reviewed on 16/5/2022

Microsoft Outlook - My daily activity blueprint

My overall experience with Microsoft Outlook is highly positive. It allows me to stay in touch when I need to regardless of where I am or what device I am using at that moment. The automated response allows me to let people know when I am travelling or out on personal time and offer alternative contacts for immediate response. The ability to integrate with other platforms I use each day allows me to streamline my processes and optimize my time. And the Outlook calendar helps me remember all tasks great and small.

Pros

There are several things that I use Microsoft Outlook for on a daily basis. First, being able to easily sync to all devices and be able to respond to emails as quickly as possible helps me stand apart from my competition. The ability to create folders helps me keep communication with clients and prospects in an orderly fashion and makes them easy to find. I use HubSpot as my CRM and find that being able to integrate that with Outlook makes tracking opens of the emails I send very easy to do. Last, I don't know how lost I might be most days without getting my calendar reminders of things to do.

Cons

There are two things I would like to see be improved. I often have a bit of difficulty searching for a reminder on my calendar to confirm when I set that reminder for. I generally do not get any search results. The other thing I would like to see improved is not having to go in every so often and reset integrations that I have set up. As an example, I have to reset the email integration between Outlook and HubSpot. At times, this is quick and seamless, while other times it takes a bit of doing to reestablish the connection.

Laura
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 9/11/2022

Pleasantly surprised!

We use Outlook exclusively and coming from a company that didn't use Outlook, I was skeptical. I'd heard that Outlook was difficult to use, however, that was proven wrong. Using Outlook has been a positive experience and I wouldn't go back!

Pros

Honestly, there are many things I like about this software, but I will try to narrow it down to what I like the most, difficult, but here goes. I like the layout feature. On any given day I can have numerous meetings and emails, and sometimes those meetings change location/topic and I'm notified of those changes via email. The fact that I can view my calendar and emails makes it easy to have the details I need so I don't miss the communication and I can be where I need to be. I also like the 'Notes' and 'To Do' features. I can do a brain dump and know that it's all in the same area, I don't need another application. Pinning/flagging/ and rating the priority of emails makes organization simple and ensures the higher priority items are upfront so I don't miss them. Lastly, the option to have a video meeting when creating a calendar meeting is a win! I don't have to move from one application to another and risk missing details. It's all right there! Basically, the fact that all I need is in one place ensures my time is used effectively and efficiently and that is a WIN!

Cons

This is hard to say because I don't know how the back end of things works, that's why we have a tech team, but I've run into trouble when trying to log into my work email on a personal device (phone, computer). The layers of security are great for safety, but it's a pain when I can't get in touch with the tech administrator to give me the access code to log in. I appreciate the security aspect, but it makes the ease of use a bit more difficult initially.

Caroline

Reviewed on 5/7/2023

One of the best email client software solutions ever made

Overall, there is no denying that Microsoft Outlook is a great and stable product that has been there for quite a while and has a quite large user base.

Pros

One of the best things about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that it is available in all platforms: MacOS, windows, Android etc. The most powerful thing about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that is able to consolidate different emails from different providers, giving you one interface to manage multiple emails. This is a very good feature as far as efficiency and organization is concerned.Microsoft outlook also has a very powerful calendar and alert system that is very reliable as far as reminders are concerned, making it very unlikely to miss important meetings and events.Microsoft outlook also offers a very organized contacts management feature that helps you organize your contacts into groups and distribution lists for ease of use. Additionally, the auto-complete feature in the application makes it easy to find contacts that you have already used before making the process faster and more enjoyable.As expected, Microsoft outlook works very seamlessly with the other Microsoft products like Excel and Word.

Cons

It might need some bit of time to be comfortable with Microsoft Outlook. Some of its features might be intimidating for new users.

nguessan valery
nguessan valery

Reviewed on 7/7/2023

To manage my emails

I use Outlook very regularly. It has a lot of features and functions that are very useful for my daily e-mail management and organization. It's one of the best productivity tools you can have

Pros

Outlook is excellent for e-mail management. For me, who receives a lot of e-mail, it makes sorting and tidying easier. Sorting by color, sorting by folder according to contacts or certain criteria, sorting by contact group, chat conversation to follow up on the conversation according to the contact, and so on. It's packed with options and functionality. I like its calendar, which allows me to have an agenda directly in my mailbox. I also like the fact that I can schedule meetings directly from there, and send reminders directly to my contacts. Outlook is really great

Cons

PC software is difficult to configure. You need a professional to do it

Maximiliano
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 30/6/2023

Microsoft is a fundamental tool

Pros

Lot of functionalities and good value for money

Cons

Not so easy to configure and sometime it gives unknown errors

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

Company wanted to do that

Google Workspace

More industrial product
Konstantinos
Konstantinos
  • Industry: Translation & Localisation

Reviewed on 6/2/2023

A staple for businesses who need professional email management

Overall, I highly recommend Microsoft Outlook to anyone looking for a comprehensive and efficient email client. Whether you are a business professional, student, or just need to manage your personal emails, Outlook has everything you need to be productive and organized

Pros

What I like best about Outlook is how it seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft Office tools, such as Word and Excel. This allows me to easily switch between applications and access the information I need in one place. The calendar and task management features are also top-notch, allowing me to keep track of appointments and deadlines with ease.

Cons

What I dislike about Outlook is that it can be slow and laggy at times, especially when dealing with a large amount of emails. However, this is a minor inconvenience in comparison to the many benefits that Outlook provides.

Reviewed on 8/4/2023

The problem with Microsoft is...

Pros

Office 365 works well, is reasonably easy to implement, and does what need it to do

Cons

Microsoft pushes all their new stuff on you. They don't advise you that there are certain features, improvements, etc. -- they install it without advising you. Example --Focused email. Woke up one day to find my email a mess. Had to figure out what the heck some MS idiot did to my system and change it back to how I wanted it. So I figured it out and fixed it. Then bought a new phone, installed Outlook, synced with my computer, and a few days later the Outlook on the phone has been messed with by MS -- They changed Outlook on MY phone without MY permission and made changes I don't want. This is 0 on a scale of 1-whatever. One has to use the tools that are available, and big companies like MS take advantage of that and complicate your life by pushing their "new stuff" on you instead of informing you and letting you decide what you want/need. All the mores self-centered and idiotic as they don't make a penny more off me, they just waste my time for nothing.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 17/8/2022

MS Outlook vs the rest

I really hate GMail, I think the UX is horrible, and Thunderbird is okay but a bit confusing and not so good with text formatting. I think Outlook has all the features I need and the UX that I feel more adequate, although of course this is a very personal issue.

Pros

I use Outlook, a lot. It's always open, I'm always emailing and receiving emails. I have tried Mail from MacOs, Thunderbird and a bunch others, and I have to say Outlook is the one I feel most comfortable with. It's easy to use, has all the features that I need and it can be personalised a little bit to accommodate for almost anybody.

Cons

The only con is that you have to pay for it, as opposed to GMail, Thunderbird, etc. But this is probably the piece of software I use the most and I spent most time with, so to me it's okay to pay for it.

Gmail and Thunderbird
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 4/9/2021

Great software for working professionals

I am very happy with Microsoft Outlook. The web application is good but the windows application is the best. I have been using it as my school account and now at the company. Overall I am very happy with the product. It's easy to use for anyone. You can simply attach pictures into the body of the email which can then be viewed by the receiver without having to download them first.

Pros

It's easy to use and setup. You can register your microsoft account, school email account, office account or any 3rd party account. When sending email with picture attachments, you can copy them into the text area and these can be directly viewed in the email body without having to download them to my machine. Also archiving is super easy with multiple options of applying rules as to which emails need to be archived. I used it when I was in school and now I am using it professionally, and I am happy with it.

Cons

I am not sure if this can be done but I would like to see email recall option if the reciever has not opened the email yet. This saves space on the cloud if I have sent a wrong email and need to correct and resend. Also, it would help in avoiding miscommunication since the old and erroneous email would be deleted from the inbox.

Tsitsi Hazel
Tsitsi Hazel

Reviewed on 15/5/2022

Microsoft Outlook Review

With Outlook, you can use different devices and still be able to access your email with functional compatibility across platforms. There is also seamless integration with Office Suite, so you can attach files of various filetypes, and share them. Switching between different email accounts is also possible within Outlook, and you can set email signatures for each account. The web client is data secure, compact and relatively simple to run once the main setup configurations have been done.

Pros

Migration and configuration of several different email accounts on one platform.

Great email client for adding appointments to Calendar, with automated reminders of upcoming events to attend.

These calendars, as well as emails, meetings, reminders and follow-ups can be synced and shared to multiple staff members for efficiency and collaboration.

One can group emails deemed important or flagged, emails that they would want to keep. Setting rules and Out-of-Office functions are also great and useful features.

Cons

Initial setup can be tricky for new users. One has to be a bit knowledgeable for the initial setup, with regards to POP/MAC, SMTP, etc. settings.

The mailbox client can be quite "heavy" when running, execution can be slow at times, especially on machines with limited RAM or older operating systems.