Microsoft Excel Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Microsoft Excel

Microsoft Excel is a productivity solution that helps businesses of all sizes create spreadsheets to organize data and perform calculations. The platform enables managers to format and present data in charts, graphs, sparklines,...

4.7

Browse Microsoft Excel Reviews

18,893 of 18,893 reviews
Josh
Josh
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

Comes on many computers and is Fantastic especially if included.

I have used Excel for over 20 years and I have not even scratched the surface of what can be done with it. It can do so many things when you need to make calculations, spreadsheets or do something with accounting. I love it and really for me a numbers guy I think it is fun.

Pros

It is so versatile. I use it instead of Calculator as I can easily see what I am calculating. I have made a simple payroll system with it and have used it for many weekly tax calculations. Calculating using fields from other pages is fantastic. Really anything you need to do with accounting can be done with it.

Cons

Two things if you don't have it free with your computer then you have to buy it and it can be kind of expensive and if you want to be able to collaborate and make on the fly changes with others then you need office 365 and you have to pay monthly you can never own it.

LibreOffice

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Excel

While LibreOffice is the best option for free and that is a software for your computer, my wife ended up getting Microsoft office 365 free from work because of remote work so this is the main reason I have gone to excel as it is a little better and I didn't have to pay for it.

LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

I do still use google sheets for mine and my wife's budget and we can change it on the fly at the same time if we need online. I used LibreOffice as my main until I got Office 365 from my wife's work. I think Excel is better than the other two in sheer offline and spreadsheet features but not sure I would pay more than about $50 for office 2019 and don't like paying monthly for 365.
Nicholas
Nicholas

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

The Go-To is still the most capable

I enjoy using and learning more about Excel. There are so many ways in which to use it that no review can truly capture the breadth and depth of its capability. When it is frustrating it is because of an inability of process or lack of me as a user being able to achieve what i know to be possible and thus I approach it as a puzzle to be unpacked.

Pros

Excel is a versatile spreadsheet application that continues to benefit from its age, the weight and momentum behind it, and the continued focus on it as core Office app. The variety of applications of this application are what continue make it a winner.

Cons

Stemming from the same positive attributes of its age and flexibility are the downsides to its age and flexibility - its overlapping years of feature additions and subtractions to the building more on top of pre-existing structures mean that somethings need to be unpacked in order to work how you'd like them too and the robustness of the product can be daunting. Knowing that you'll never know ALL that it is capable of and that the best way to achieve anything is to picture it and then hunker down for an evening of searching and learning.

Felicia

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

Keeping track of multiple tasks

Pros

I love that I can create a spread sheet for just about everything. It definitely helps me keep track of important information.

Cons

There is very little about excel that I do not like.

Top Microsoft Excel Alternatives

Loide
  • Industry: Military

Reviewed on 2/6/2021

My review on Microsoft Excel

The principal project that I truly scholarly a great deal about Excel in was building an accounting page to track and plan my course enrollments with as a rookie in school. I needed to figure my aggregate GPA and GPA by term, and I needed to design the entirety of the courses I would take every semester from my first semester in school to my final remaining one. By that point I realized how to utilize rotate tables and some other information decrease recipes, yet I didn't actually have a clue how to utilize query works yet. I assembled a large portion of that bookkeeping page around a capacity to naturally ascertain letter grades dependent on rates, and afterward essential SUM capacities for the GPA computations.

The subsequent case was for designing and cleaning a humungous fix of information in my last semester of school. 32 cycle Excel wasn't made for the errand I was utilizing it for around there, however it worked effectively with some content cleanup that I would not like to figure out how to do utilizing standard articulations somewhere else.

This experience was and stays educational for me. I learned more a long time of doing those undertakings than my companions who took classes to learn Excel.

Pros

Colossal degree as Excel has mathematical and literary capacities; you can add hyperlinks and pictures thus significantly more. Numerous sheets can assist it with acting practically like a social information base when joined with separating and arranging capacities. Mistake catching should be possible utilizing.

Cons

The one fundamental hindrance of the extent of MS Excel is that an excessive number of individuals are self trained and the manner in which they have made the accounting page is undocumented so over the long run individuals attempt to alter and present mistakes. Naming cells makes formulae more significant and simpler to fathom. I once attempted to figure out an accounting page individuals had been utilizing for a very long time and found there was an entire section of qualities incorrectly being remembered for an equation. Somebody had been advised to erase a section however they had quite recently concealed it from see so every one of the qualities were all the while being included messing genuine up. Knowing the contrast between concealing qualities and erasing them is quite major.

Marco
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/1/2024

We Use Excel to Store Customer Emails

Like I mentioned - the sales team gathers emails of potential customers when we are at Shows, and when we return from the shows, we will take the emails and enter them into an Excel spreadsheet. It keeps things orderly.

Pros

Our sales team gathers emails of potential customers when we are at Shows, when we return from the shows, we typically will take the emails and enter them into an Excel spreadsheet. It keeps things clean, and it’s easy to use. Reliable.

Cons

We don’t have many issues with excel. It’s pretty straightforward both how it is used and how we need to use it. Works well.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

My sales manager knew and easily worked with excel, so we went that direction. We continue to use it after each show and it’s pretty user friendly. I see no need to change now. It’s also simple which helps.
Tucker

Reviewed on 18/2/2024

Microsoft excel, superior to all competitors

Excellent experience when you’re comfortable

Pros

Unbelievable amount of features, ability to organize data sets

Cons

Difficult learning curve to understand new concepts

Shana

Reviewed on 29/3/2024

Excel is excellent!

Pros

Excel is a quick and efficient way to process a large quantity of data in less time. I love using the auto sum function for adding the columns and being able to import and export data is a game changer.

Cons

The only thing that I like least is when a formula is off, the data will not be correct. Thankfully, it is an easy fix, but this may be challenging to a beginner who isn't familiar with the inner workings of Excel.

Reviewed on 27/2/2024

Microsoft Excel for everything

I find it to be a problem-solving revolutionary product that is made for everyone.

Pros

It is the best one to make any type of database in this world. It reduces the complexity of any data for the users.

Cons

It is not fine to use it for every data-related purpose. It is also not compatible with graphics as in other apps of Microsoft.

Bryce
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 11/2/2024

Solid, very versatile software

Pros

Excel can be used for a variety of applications. If you take time to learn the hotkeys, Excel can make everything quicker from data management to visualization

Cons

I found that it lags in syncing in real time if multiple people are working on the same spreadsheet

Jessica
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 14/3/2024

Micrsoft Excel gives me a professional look

Pros

When it automatically gives a sum total by calculating the t20 percent tax for me without me having to calculate or compute it.

Cons

The fact that it's not free. I have to renew yearly along with the other Microsoft products.

Robert
Robert

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Spreadsheet Data Management & Analytics

It is great for simple data and quick data filtering. It can quickly fix issues if you are using it for inventory editing and can come in handy for stand alone projects. If you add a lot of different equations in it or use it for larger data, it can become a pain using it. Since it is program on your computer and not cloud based, it can out perform tasks that competitors would struggle with that are cloud based.

Pros

This software is a company standard use for a lot of other programs. It can filter data, create .csv files for upload and download of data, and handles equations to help with data analytics. There are a lot of guides on this program online if you are struggling with a problem and there are plugins that you can use to help make your job faster. Many companies have this as a standard so sending files to others is usually not a problem.

Cons

It is not meant to be used as a database for large data. It can lag out after you get to 60K lines of data. The biggest issue I have with this program is that it likes to convert large number text to scientific notation and you have to constantly do workarounds to prevent it from happening. It has some minor glitches if you have too many different files open at the same time. It is not the greatest with group collaboration because the files are meant to be used as one user at a time. You have to also manually save your files from time to time as you are working. Although you can often times get your file back if it wasn't saved and the program shuts off, it still is a practice you have to get into a habit of doing.

Airtable and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Excel has a longer standing in managing data through sheets. Often times, I would switch between Google Sheets for other projects that require group collaboration. The fact that it is not cloud based and some other program integrations require it makes it difficult to fully get rid of.
Elena

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

An Essential for Any Business

As mentioned above, I used to be intimidated by Excel. I actually really enjoy using Excel now though. I find myself using it for little day-to-day calculations. Could I manually figures into a calculator and risk an incorrect calculation because I pressed the wrong button? Yes. Better yet, though, I can put the data in Excel and have it run the calculations for me. I cannot remember the last time I used a calculator.

Pros

I used to be afraid of Excel. It has so many features and functionalities that I used to get easily overwhelmed. However, once I took some training classes and watched some training videos online, I started to really like the software. Using it has greatly decreased the amount of time I spend manipulating data. It's also great that because there are so many users, you can pretty much Google anything that you want to do in Excel and find a training video for it. I love that I can condense data into pivot tables for easy viewing. I used to work for a company that created a very involved spreadsheet that they used to convert hourly employees' timecards into appropriate data to upload to ADP for payroll processing. If you can imagine it, Excel can probably do it.

Cons

I would like to be able to share spreadsheets for editing more easily without having to use SharePoint. Aside of that, I feel like Microsoft has worked out a lot of the kinks with this software since it has been out for so long.

Hammad Anis
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 29/8/2022

Microsoft excel software that makes data calculation and viewing simple

I adore Excel's user interface, computation features, and data visualization possibilities. I track the progress of the projects using this spreadsheet application, find any gaps, and take the necessary action. Along with computing the dues, I also need to keep track of the overall amount of work completed and payments thus far. Moreover, this software is incredibly simple to use and has amazing power. There are numerous tutorials available to me if I get stuck somewhere. Things are now more interactive thanks to Office 365 because you may export your analysis to PowerPoint or MSWord. Additionally, I can visualize data using maps and icons with the aid of programs like PowerUser. The great additional features included by Power User also assist me in managing the test results of my training participants, such as Vlookup Max. Excel's graph management is also much superior to Google Sheets'. Transferring such graphs in PowerPoint is more practical because, for some reason, Google Slides blurs the graphs a little.

Pros

The best and most convenient way to organize data is in table format. I like how simple this software is to use to enter the numbers I've collected over the course of the year, and how it serves as a handy reference to keep my numbers organized. Moreover, I enjoy utilizing the pre-built formulas and adding them to the database. Important fields can be color-coded, which is a useful feature.

Cons

It's inevitable that small human errors will be made when a spreadsheet has a lot of data. It can be very challenging to spot those errors later. Moreover, When utilizing the software, some error messages can be challenging to understand, and sometimes the functions require complicated variables to be entered.

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Excel

Due to the unique feature of offline usage/access, drag and drop features, and design management features.

Reviewed on 8/12/2018

Software's Swiss Army Knife

Excel is so powerful and is the gateway for many people into harnessing the power of large data. It is indispensable for most office workers and individuals who need to input, track, manage and manipulate data in an increasingly complex world.

Pros

I have been using Excel since the 90's and like how flexible the tool is. I've used it to create planners, budgets, to do lists, loan calculators, calendars, financial reports, reconciliation tools, resumes, contact lists, trip itineraries, financial models, statistical analyses, stock charts and surveys.

I really love how much formatting is possible, the depth of financial functions and the number of online resources to support use of this wonderful tool. Over time, the interface and functionality has got smarter and recent versions of the software seem to anticipate your needs and offer the correct options and functions based on the context of your current actions.

Cons

There is a tendency to use Excel for everything and in some cases a database or dedicated project management tool would be more suitable to the task at hand. I've seen investment companies using Excel to monitor and report on millions of dollars of assets and personally used Excel to manage complex projects where other tools would have been much less manual.

My criticisms may be due to lack of knowledge, but, I really struggled with collaboration and version control when working with an outside organization. We used the same Excel workbook and forwarded this document back and forth with updates. Manually keeping track of the versions and changes became a nightmare. I've also seen situations where you have functions referencing cells in other documents or tabs and the links can be fragile, easily broken - sometimes causing rework and potential errors.

Caleb

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

Microsoft Excel - Most complete and advance spreadsheet application

My over all experience with the software has been nothing but awesome and wouldn't not trade it for any other spreadsheet application on the market. My main love of the software is the ability to record and or write macros using the VBA editor, on a basic, intermediate and advance level which really streamline my day to day workflow which saves me hundreds of hours on and average.

Pros

Microsoft Excel - is one of the most complete and advance spreadsheet application currently on the market. The better question would be, what can't it accomplish as this is an application that is used across the board in many companies and careers. It has an awesome ribbon feature which houses many groups of frequently used tools and is super customizable. I doubt that there is any one person that can house all knowledge about this one application. Just to list a few of what can be done:

* Write basic, intermediate and advance formulas and functions to carry out your day to day work.
* Create basic, intermediate and advance conditional formatting to style your sheet and or highlight specific areas and or thing on the spreadsheet to draw focus.
* You can create your own custom group to house your own list of preferred tools to be available at your finger tips.
* It comes equipped with a quick access toolbar to hold frequently used tools right at the top of the sheet which is super easy to access and is something I use at all times while carrying out my day to day routines.
* I love the clean and improved UI [User Interface] version over version.
* It has collapsible tabs and commands to give you more screen real estate when working on small screen devices and or monitors.
* The Developer option is the go to tab when working with VBA and Marcos.
* It comes equipped with the option to record and or write macros using the VBA editor, allowing you to automate your work flow.

Cons

I am not able to think about a con at the moment with so many pros available.

Chaya
Chaya

Reviewed on 23/3/2019

Excel - formatting and analyzing data more effectively and efficiently

Excel has emerged as one of the main data analyzing tools used in day to day life . With its facilities to store large amount of data, format data according to the users preferences, depicting patterns and analyzed information thorough graphs and charts it has become more and more popular among the users.

Pros

Excel is an application which can be used to store large amount of data and organize them. Data entered to a excel sheet can be organized according to the user preferences easily with all the facilities supplied by the product itself. Users can organize the data in ascending or descending order very easily and filter the data and group them under particular name .Excel provide wide variety of data representation techniques . different types of graphs , scatter plots helps to analyze the data more effectively and efficiently .Also the product provides function which helps to deo automatic calculations easily. Users don’t need to make the calculations from one point to another . Al they have to do is apply the formula for all the relevant places.

Cons

When there is a large set of data to be applied it is bit difficult to enter all the data using Excel. As there is no any error checking mechanism to detect human errors in the process of data entering .Also entering large amount of data manually consumes a big amount of time which results in loss of productivity. The product is not for free. Whatever may be the advantages or disadvantages of the product in order to use Excel users have to make a payment and acquire a licensed copy of the product .For a beginner to Excel may need some time to be compatible with the product as the product is not very much user friendly . It is little bit difficult to operate with out proper guidance or practice

Zavud
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 10/5/2019

Review for Excel

Pros

I have been studying science for almost 6 years (my bachelor + my master) and I always need the help of Microsoft Excel when it comes to working with data. The software might not be the easiest when you use it for the first time, but once you understand and learn more of it, you will see how useful it actually is. I do a lot of research projects at my university and I always have to collect data for different purposes and subjects. After the collection of data, I always enter them on an Excel sheet orderly. It is very easy to insert my data into an Excel sheet for further calculation. What I personally think is when your data is too big, Microsoft Excel is the best software to deal with the problem. What I love most about this software is it incredibly saves my time. Because, I do a lot of calculation after having my data sorted on an Excel sheet. Excel does very complicated calculations in a considerably short time period that would probably take me days if I did it manually with my calculator. Last but not least, it enables me to create graphs and diagrams based on what my data shows. It is very helpful to analyze my data and present it clearly.

Cons

What I like least about this software is it is not smart enough to detect the errors that I might have done while entering my data on an Excel sheet. Especially it sucks when the software does automatic calculations with my data and since there might be some errors, I might end up with an incorrect result (e.g., graphs, diagrams) that is unacceptable in the case of science. I would also argue that automatic graph suggestion by the software (assumed based on my data) is not always correct. Sometimes I am suggested a diagram, for example, that does not make sense at all. I personally think Excel's ability to create graphics and diagrams is less accurate than the other software like R programming language.

Ayesha

Reviewed on 6/6/2019

Best software which makes my life easier

I've been using Excel from my collage up to now, it means more than 10 years. Still I couldn't find any better substitute which can replace Excel. Now I use Excel at both my work and also for my personal stuff. All the formulas, pivots, connections are really helpful for the business use. Same time I use Excel for my personal purposes such as an expense tracker and a budget planner. If you can become an expert on Excel its gonna really help you to build your confidence at work and also to do your work faster than the others. All Time Best Spreadsheet Software.

Pros

Well, I would just say Everything, but to more specific, I really love to work in the Excel by using short keys, it helps you to speed your work. Then it would be the formulas and the most useful would be vlookup/hlookup. Those are the things which makes my life easier on a daily basis. I usually don't even open the calculator no matter how simple the calculation is, it will always be Excel.

Also I really love the Pivots and tables which are really cool, accurate and nice. Also everything can be customized in the exact way we wanted. Same time its very secure, you can protect the worksheet or the book. Having all these great features I use Excel even for any documentation needs instead of Word.

Cons

Am just a normal user who used Excel at work and also for my personal analysis/documentation purposes. But I'm not an Excel pro who knows Macro and all that. Hence this software satisfies all my needs, so I cant think of any cons at the moment provided that I don't even get the maximum out of this amazing software.

The only issue I have here in Excel is there is no inbuilt auto correction or a grammar, spell checker. I know we can always use F7 for that but it would be great if it is possible to underline the missed spell words by the the time we are typing them.

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 17/11/2019

Excel: the industry standard for everything about numbers and other meaningful informations

Excel is the swiss army knife and can be used in small and large companies to tackle many many different problems. The most important warning might to to use it more for analisying data than storing it, since it might be difficult to reuse those data stored in Excel spreadsheet. Corporate data better be stored in relational database. Excel can also be a great tool for sharing reports to management, allowing them to explore it in an easy way with filters and pivot tables, as well as automating some tasks for line employee.

Pros

Microsoft Excel is so widespread that reviewing it might seem ludicrous, but I think it is worth sharing my two cents about it and what are its strengths and weaknesses.
Excel is the swiss army knife in any office for dealing with tables and data, not just numbers but also long lists of data coming from the corporate databases. Here lies one if its greatest strenghts: importing data from many formats, by text files or connecting to the databases themselves or, now in the more recent versions, directly from a web page or web table.
Importing, cleaning, formatting, filtering large if not huge tables of data is very handy in Excel, whether they come in plain text format or from the web or a relational database you have the proper rights to connect.
Another area Excel is great at, is also precisely formatting and printing forms with data entry fields an formulas, like printing invoices or receipts. Storing those data entered in the form in a meaningful way though, is not so easy nor straigthforward and requires some programming knowledge.
Excel can be easily enriched with macros or Visual Basic code to perform repetitive actions and tasks, although that might require learning some basics of Visual Basic for Applications that is the version of VB embedded in every Microsoft Office application.
Data analisys with pivot tables is another strength in Excel: it might require a little time to master it for people with no data analisys background, but with little effort it pays off.

Cons

Microsoft Excel is quite an old application, it is well maintained and renewed constantly by Microsoft, both in look and feel and in features. Some less used features, like connecting to a database or data analysis wizards seems to be outdated. Formula debugging features seems to never have been revamped and although feature rich, they can be improved for ease of use.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Microsoft Excel For Engineering Student

Overall this is very usefull software to every one.From a student to a industry workers this software will be ver helpfull and time saving.I recomend to every one this software to try onece and you will love it.

Pros

As a engineering student this spread sheet software is very helpfull to me.Because I am doing many of practicles and researchs in a week. Therefore I have to plot many graphs using analyzed data and using this software it became much easier to me.It can easily insert data to tables and it can do mathematical calculation easily by using this tabled data.It can simply calculate evety data by giving the equation to one data and simply drag it to other datas.When doing many grhaps and table analyzing in the one week it is very time saving option to me in MS Excel. thid is one of my favorite option inthis software.Other favorite option is creating grhaps using this tabaled data.It so simple to make a grahp using data in the tables.There are different types of grhaps and diagrams which can draw using these data in tables.And also I can add this grhaps and tables to my Ms Word documents.I just need to do simply copy and paste the diagram and table to Ms Word.It is very helpfull and time saving to me when I have to add this datas to my course works and assignments.
Thats why I love to work this software this much.In the world lot of people are using this software therefor it became very easy to send my works using this software to other friends without any errors.User experience is outstanding and I recomend to every one to try this software.

Cons

This is very usefull software since from many years.But now so many softwares a developed with more options than Ms Excel.So I don't like to move on these softwares because I need to fit on those softwares and it takes some times.I wish these kind of option will be interdiuse to the Ms Excel soon.In first time I use this software I didn't know any mathematical equation entering methods to calculate data in the tables.Because thre is no grapical input method to add mathematical equations to solve using data in the graph.There for I need to google it on internet.Insted of that I wish it has some button type or any other graphical method to do this calculations easily.It will be very helpfull to new commers to using this software effectively.

Randall

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

Excel is still king, but....

I used Excel to save me countless hours when I was a student data manager for a Tennessee school district. Being able to record or write macros so that tasks are automated -- that's priceless, and I'm grateful for Excel's role in that.

As I said, I've created an application using Excel that is used by some school districts in Tennessee to save work hours (in some cases, shrinking time spent from 5 hours or more to 5 minutes). I've been able to carve out a small business doing so.

Pros

Familiar to many office users
Handles spreadsheet functions very well
Highly customizable
Has relatively easy macro creation for automation of repeated tasks, which allowed me to create a customized spreadsheet application used by school districts in Tennessee
Uses Visual Basic for macros and code creation, and VB is a relatively simple, easy-to-read language

Cons

When it comes to standard use (entering data and running calculations), there's not much to dislike except that Excel costs money if you're an individual or a business. Google Sheets does not, and Sheets added macro recording not long ago.

Neither Excel nor Google Sheets has what I would consider great customer service. I mean, there's a wealth of information online about either which gets you past most obstacles, but there's no one I've found to talk to about issues such as the one described below.

At some point recently, a pop-up message has begun showing up about Excel waiting for another application to complete an OLE request (or something similar). This stops my code in its tracks, and since the point of programming is to eliminate button clicks and manual oversight, it defeats the purpose. Based on my research, I see that the error is even popping up for users who are using Excel with no macros or VB code -- very frustrating, and the "simple" fixes suggested in some places have not worked for me or many others. (The same code triggering this messages still runs well on an older, slower machine. It doesn't make sense that Excel would have problems on a newer, faster PC.)

Shweta
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 9/2/2021

Excel is extraordinary accounting page device that help performs numerical and factual...

Excel is an incredible instrument for those who work on a lot of information and can deal with complex figurings with 100% precision. It permits you to make turn tables, sort, recover and investigate information, perform macros in VBA, construct diagrams, tables, and a lot more highlights in a breeze.Excel permits you to expand the equation up, down, across the bookkeeping page. You simply need to make the equation once in one cell and Excel will assist you with populating the recipe in the assigned lines/segments in your report. Excel shortcut keys drastically builds my efficiency by utilizing these tricks.Use for banks every day week after week month to month and yearly reports. Use for pattern investigation, planning and figure for different administrations offered by bank.Overall the experience on Excel is superior to the experience on most other bookkeeping page applications, so I believe Excel to be my #1 accounting page application.

Pros

It is truly valuable apparatus and amazing contribution by Microsoft that assists with doing essential math's and details capacities and permits to get ready and clean information for cutting edge examination and information displaying functions.It goes about as a backend instrument to store and recover information. It has abilities like rotate tables, arranging, merge. It performs different capacities and capacity to arrange and introduce information in more outwardly engaging way.I like how it tends to be quite certain by the way it includes the data you entered into a record. It gets extremely point by point however can likewise be disentangled relying upon which sections and lines you'd prefer to have noticeable. It's likewise useful that you can share exercise manuals and numerous representatives can refresh data so there is one primary base to ceaselessly return to that is precise. Additionally the alternatives to make an exceptionally coordinated print of the data is nice.In simple,Excel is generally perceived as the best instrument actually to control information, make reports and dashboard.

Cons

Restricted Security could be a major issue. You can secure the password of an Excel accounting page to keep unapproved individuals from accessing a document, however it doesn't shield the information from the individuals who have the password.It hangs a great deal when there are an enormous informational collection comprising of huge number of lines and sections of information to be handled.Excel could be tricky for some users as it is loaded up with numerous highlights.

Mona
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 25/8/2021

Can't remember what life was like, before Excel

In business, I use Excel for so many things - lists of orders, invoicing, purchase orders, tracking information, all kinds of nightly reports that get sent to customers for their use. In my personal life, besides the afore-mentioned medication listings,I use excel for tracking expenses, banking information, investments, calorie counts, purchases I've made, books I've read, gifts I've sent, the list goes on and on. Basically, any data I want to organize goes into a spreadsheet.

Pros

Once you learn how to use it, and get comfortable with the features, you find a million reason to use it. Most recently I set up spreadsheets for husband's medications. He takes quite a few, and keeping track of the names/dosages/price paid/next refill date, etc., was a burden on him. I did the initial set up for him, taught him a few "tricks" and now he maintains that information himself. He will input the data himself every time he renews the medications, so that he knows what he has, and when the next ones are needed. Also, any extra information about any medication can be added as a comment in the sheet. This is just one way I use Excel in my day-to-day life. Of course, I use it for business reasons as well. But its real "pro" for me, is the way it can easily make sense out of data that could be otherwise unwieldy.

Cons

My only concerns with Excel have to do with some things that it considers to be "features" that I call annoyances. Like assuming I want long numerical data to be converted to scientific expression. Or assuming I want leading 0's to be dropped. I know Excel is trying to be helpful but there's a lot of data out there that does not conform to how it thinks data should be. As as result, I'm always having to jump through hoops to get my data format preserved. Not such a huge deal except when the data goes out to a customer, and it's wrong. Because a significant 0 was dropped. I know Excel provides work-arounds but those aren't always so convenient when you're reading in comma-separated data, or you're pasting data from a screen, and you can't always "rescue" the data prior to it being converted.

Ajay
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 24/5/2023

A Flexible and Effective Tool for Pushing the Limits of Information Administration With Ease

We as often as possible ought to compare information, and Excel's table work exceeds expectations at showing information sets side by side. Its information sorting and other apparatuses too offer assistance me get a handle on huge sums of information rapidly and precisely. It makes a difference us to keep adjust information and communicate with shoppers more productively. Its ready-made equations are valuable for appearing future measurements from show information, and it is valuable for week by week work status. The spreadsheet file may moreover be shared with associates for participation. The leading include for me is the capacity to include formulae so that information may be composed naturally.

Pros

Microsoft Exceed Expectations may be a phenomenal device for making a difference in clients procure, record, process, display, and trade information. On the off chance that you have got any inconveniences with this program, basically check it up online; the support user bunches for this program are essentially superb. Ready to indeed spare the complete handle as onlarge scale and have it rehash itself. It spares a critical sum of time. The tables and formulae are straightforward to utilize, and it has the potential to perform a parcel of robotized work in the event that you know how to use the instrument appropriately. Information is ceaselessly put away in Microsoft Exceed expectations with each unused word entered, giving ceaseless information-sparingabilities. I moreover appreciate how information can be connected from one spreadsheet to another.

Cons

The as it were impediment I can think of is that Exceed expectations employment circular references. The turn usefulness in Exceed expectations isn't energetic and must be revived each time data is updated.It can be troublesome to distinguish which formulae are the leading. On the off chance that the client is utilizing Microsoft Exceed expectations, he must keep up himself up to date.

• Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

Excel is the best software Microsoft make

Our entire business is built upon our use Excel, we use it multiple times daily for literally any type of purpose you can imagine. There isn't anything that comes close to this software.

Pros

Where to begin with Excel? - Well, it's a spreadsheet software package that has been around for decades, the ubiquitous method of making numbers do the work on a computer. Need to track your shares? got it, want to keep a list of your staff's birthdays? no problem, want to calculate your mortgage repayments? doddle.

There is literally nothing that cannot be achieved with Excel, it is a flawless masterpiece of computer science design.

If you ever reach a point where Excel cannot do something you want it to, you can learn the Visual Basic language and that opens up a whole other world of scripting possibilities.

As a software development team, we pretty much use Excel on a daily basis, ideas, calculations, lists, anything can be done with this software. It is the backbone of our entire business and we simply couldn't live without it.

Over the years the developers have added more and more features to keep it up to date, (it can link with live databases, do pivot tables, filter lists and results, and infinitely more) - if you ever find something Excel can't do, then it simply can't be done.

Cons

Our only problem with Excel nowadays is that the Google Sheets application "Does sharing better", with the google alternative we can simultaneously online edit Excel sheets on a live basis, for free, this is a whole new world of possibilities. However the google sheets application doesn't have the same functions (yet) that make Excel so powerful, (the scripting language, is nice, but requires much more security checking) -

I think the years of excel dominance are under threat from Googles new upstart, but it will take years and years before we finally click the excel uninstall button. Everything we do is in .xls format and we like it being "locally stored" on our servers and PC's.