Rippling Reviews

Visit Website

About Rippling

Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. So for the first time...

Browse Rippling Reviews

3,052 of 3,052 reviews
Gary
Gary

Reviewed on 25/8/2023

Rippling is a business process integration platform.

In general, I've had a great time using Rippling. Having a central hub for handling everything relating to staff has dramatically streamlined how we do business. Human resources, information technology, and financial processes are now fully integrated, resulting in significant time savings and fewer mistakes. Particularly notable is the speedy onboarding process, which has helped us streamline our hiring practices and get to work faster.

Pros

Across HR, IT, and FP&A, Rippling provides a unified platform for efficient administration. It's a fantastic resource for bringing together disparate areas of an organization's operations, such as payroll, costs, benefits, and IT hardware.

Cons

Considering its numerous benefits, Rippling might be difficult to grasp at first because of its many features and capabilities. It may take some time to become used to all of the options and capabilities, and the learning curve may be rather high. There is room for enhancement in customer service with regards to response times and the clarity of responses given.

Shirley
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Rippling: Empowering HR and Payroll

Rippling is a game changer in the world of business and they are innovative and future thinking. They ensure everything is accurate and legal with payroll and keeps us up-to-date with notifications as reminders of what we need to do. Managing employees is a streamlined process which frees up time. We recently added recruitment which will make our entire process almost work on its own. Spend Management was a true blessing and it works like a breeze. It couldn't possible be easier than it is.

Pros

After using Rippling for over a year now, I am impressed how it simplifies the daunting tasks we face with HR and Payroll. I love the integration capabilities especially with third party apps. It manages everything from onboarding to offboarding with ease. It's user friendly especially to the less tech savvy employees. The app works like a charm especially when submitting receipts.

Cons

We wanted to add on ASO but it was too expensive and they didn't offer adding on one or two levels at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

They had very poor customer service and we had many tax issues.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

In terms of customer support, Rippling provides top notch assistance. Their team is knowledgeable and responsive, and even will jump on a Zoom call if necessary. Good customer service is important to our business.
Vivian

Reviewed on 10/6/2024

Rippling Insight by HR Manager

Tracking applicants with Rippling is quite easy and accurate.

Pros

What I like most about Rippling is that it offers an extensive range of HR features in one place from onboarding, payroll management and applicant tracking.

Cons

Rippling offers all the tools that enables me to automate HR capabilities but it lacks freemium version.

Top Rippling Alternatives

Heather

Reviewed on 15/2/2022

Too Many Hidden Fees for everything

My experience started out good until we started to receive 4-7 notices a month of late payments & late fillings, we never had this issue prior to switching to Rippling. We had to have a few corrections made to payroll and when I contacted support on this they let me know there would be a flat fee per change. Obviously, we paid that as we needed the corrections done. Then we found that some of the prior payroll that Rippling imported was incorrect so we had to contact the previous software to make the corrections and then upload a new YTD Payroll Detail to Rippling. I did that and ended up having to contact support 8 times for this and nothing had been done from the first contact I made with support. On the 8th time I contacted support they let me know it would be $500 for a reimport and then a flat fee for each return that would need to be amended. Not once in any of the previous contacts with support was a fee mentioned. We were not happy about this and we tried to get that waived due to the horrible support on this we received and we were told they could not waive the fee. All in all I would not recommend Rippling as they are already expensive enough and have way to many hidden fees.

Pros

There are only 2 good things about this software 1 is that it is multi-state and 2 is the ease of use.

Cons

Support is very lacking. It is impossible to talk to a real person. It takes way to long for issues to be resolved. There is an extra fee for everything including payroll corrections it is not cheap you are not told this up front at all until you contact support to have a correction made, then if the correction causes a return to be amended it costs extra money for those to be done. For the price you pay on a monthly basis for Rippling one would think that these things would not cost extra money.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The previous software is going away.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

The many options and so-called upfront pricing.
Cleo
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 19/4/2024

Best in Class Product

Pros

I've been using Rippling for our HR and payroll needs for quite some time now, and I must say, it's truly a best-in-class product. The platform offers an extensive range of features that streamline our HR processes effortlessly. From onboarding new employees to managing benefits and payroll, Rippling has simplified every aspect of our human resource management.

One of the standout features of Rippling is its intuitive interface. Navigating through the platform is a breeze, and setting up new processes is incredibly straightforward. The automation capabilities have saved us countless hours of manual work, allowing us to focus on more strategic tasks.

Cons

Rippling excels in functionality and usability, there is room for improvement when it comes to customer support. There have been instances where we've encountered issues or had questions that required assistance, and the response time from the support team was not as prompt as we would have liked. Additionally, the resolution of some issues took longer than expected, causing minor disruptions to our operations.

Despite this drawback, Rippling remains our go-to solution for HR and payroll management due to its unparalleled feature set and ease of use. I would highly recommend it to any business looking to streamline their HR processes, with the caveat that they may encounter some challenges with customer support responsiveness.

Namely

TriNet
Yuliana
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 7/9/2023

Excellent tool that will grow with you!

We have been working with Rippling for about 3 months now and it has been a positive experience. They are hands-on with the implementation and also train you on the product as they guide you through the process. We have run our first payroll and everything went very smoothly!

Pros

This tool is super user friendly and the implementation guidance for the admin staff to set-up the product is amazing! They walk you through everything and make sure you know exactly where you can find the answers to your questions.

Cons

I wish there was more support for small teams around state tax registration, while registering for state tax numbers is not super complicated, it is time consuming. Rippling offers this help through an additional package at an added cost. It is not included in the Payroll administration package.

Gusto and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We needed a tool that offered more support.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We appreciated all the integrations that Rippling offered, we also saw Rippling as a tool that would grow with us as our organization continued to expand.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 9/10/2023

Best thing I did for my company!

My business solved so many issues by using Rippling - Payroll, Time Tracking, Benefits Administration, and many others

Pros

What I like most about Rippling is that all of the services it provides are very well setup and run extremely smoothly and are super easy to setup.

Cons

Customer service - Rippling could use some help on customer service, especially on the initial onboarding.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling provides so many services and consolidates everything into one system

uAttend and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling has the best services and their system works better.

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Modern payroll system

It’s actually pleasant to use the product and the UI is thoughtfully designed and easy to navigate. Without Rippling we would have needed someone full time to manage everything.

Pros

Love that they add new features all the time, making it easier and cheaper to manage al of our payroll, HR, benefits in one place. Also love the option to join their PEO which saved us $40,000 a year on healthcare.

Cons

Sometimes setting up healthcare can be very frustrating and confusing. For example, an employee signed up for an HSA even though we don’t offer that, and it was a headache to unwind.

Gusto and Deel

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling has a much more expansive and mature product offering
Utku
Utku

Reviewed on 8/12/2023

Excellent Platform for HR

Pros

I liked the simplicity and the thoughtfulness that is baked into the platform. Truly in a self-service fashion, once you get the hang of it, it becomes a frequent part of how you manage your company and your team.

Cons

Not much that I can think of, I wish the onboarding laundry list could be removed since I completed all of them.

Jean
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 4/6/2024

Great way to handle onboarding and payroll

Pros

It is a powerful tool to store all of your employees' on boarding and payroll data.

Cons

Sometimes information can be difficult to locate by new hires. It could be more user friendly.

Letha

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Gusto , myStaffingPro and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Response from Rippling

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

Replied 13/12/2019
Antoinette
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Gusto and Namely

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Pricing, overall customer service, and health insurance reps

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.
Derrick
Derrick

Reviewed on 21/5/2020

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Namely and Justworks

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.
Brock
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things.

Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels.

Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes.

Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Rippling: A Game-Changer for HR Management

we are very happy with our decision to use Rippling. It was the best fit for our small company in terms of pricing, implementation time, and customer service. We reviewed a lot of options and were impressed with Rippling's value and feature set. We highly recommend it to anyone looking to streamline their HR and payroll processes and get great support from a dedicated team.

Pros

Rippling is an innovative and user-friendly HR and payroll management platform that has made a big impact on our business. The software is easy to use and navigate, with features that make it a pleasure to use. We particularly appreciate the ability to download documents and see paystubs, as well as the fun design quirks that add a touch of personality. The onboarding process is seamless, which is important when it comes to hiring top talent. We also appreciate that Rippling is always moving forward with new additions and improvements, which demonstrates its commitment to innovation.In addition to the payroll and HR features, we also appreciate the ability to integrate other apps, which has the potential to greatly simplify the onboarding process for new hires. Time off tracking and the delivery of documents like W2s and 1099s are important everyday features for us, and Rippling makes it easy to access these and other information. The benefits roll-up and the user-friendly interface make it easy to find what we need.

Cons

While Rippling has many positive features and has been a valuable tool for our business, there have been some drawbacks to our experience with the software. One issue we encountered was that Rippling did not file our quarterly taxes and failed to pay federal taxes on the payroll for a few staffers, resulting in financial penalties from the government. This was a serious issue that caused significant problems for our business, and we had to transition to a new payroll provider that was able to handle these tasks correctly.Another issue we have experienced with Rippling is customer service, which has been disappointing at times. We have had to beg for responses and escalate emails to additional staffers in order to get a response, which is frustrating and not up to the standard we expect. Despite these issues, we are still being charged for Rippling, even though they have not performed their duties correctly.While these issues are certainly a concern, we still believe that Rippling has many valuable features and has been a valuable tool for our business overall. We hope that the company will continue to work on improving its customer service and addressing any issues that arise in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It's important to consider various factors when choosing an HR and payroll management platform, such as features, pricing, integration, and user experience. Without knowing more about your specific needs, it's difficult to say why you may have chosen Rippling over Remote. However, some potential reasons could include a more comprehensive feature set, better pricing, better integration, or a more user-friendly interface. IOS and Android apps are supported, and availability of freelancers. Ultimately, the decision will depend on your specific needs and priorities.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

it really fits my business needs, value over price
Courtney
Courtney

Reviewed on 17/4/2023

Simpler system for human resources management

Rippling is quite simple to operate. My company gave me "the duty" of choosing a health insurance policy, which I initially put off because I find such administrative tasks tedious and confusing.

Pros

Rippling offers the most efficient and effective human resource services to businesses and their employees. When compared to competing virtual HR software, it's a breeze to use. Rippling has helped me maintain my sense of order and control over my professional obligations. In general, thanks to Rippling, I've been able to accomplish more in less time and with less anxiety at work.

Cons

The ability to quit at any time is Rippling's sole real drawback. The maximum number of leaves an employee can take is three. Nothing negative to report, really.

Nathan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 28/8/2023

Sales team overpromises on functionality. Roadblocks against cancelling or reducing services.

Rippling promised a platform that empowered the admin. Unfortunately, the platform functions similar to an online survey, with everything going through step-by-step pages that walk you through their processes. This has meant sometimes needing to go back and forth when things do not go as expected. Finding what you need can be counterintuitive.Their platform and individual products offer lots of functionality. Unfortunately, their platform does a better job of aggregating functions than it does making them accessible to admins without relevant expertise, e.g. the device management module can make client devices unresponsive if it is poorly configured, requiring sufficient IT knowledge to implement device management outside of Rippling. This kind of issue permeates the platform. Payroll, the most basic function of Rippling, can break if you do something as simple as have two different sources of time entries--in my company, we use QuickBooks Time / Workforce to track time and location for fieldwork, and development work is tracked in our project management software. Anyone using both during a pay period (e.g. Monday in the field, Tue-Fri in the office) sees Rippling throw out all their hours from both for the entire pay period, without warning; the payroll manager has to catch this. In all cases, Rippling discards location data.

Pros

Payroll is simple and can be automated in some cases. Does a good job blending functions relating to employees (applicant tracking, onboarding, PTO management, payroll, offboarding).

Cons

1) Rippling failed to pay FUTA for me, with minimal notice and no obvious recourse. 2) Rippling let us swing for a few days during the Silicon Valley Bank debacle--they took our money, but our employees did not get paid until they made sure they would not get left holding the bag. 3) Rippling Unity does not do what their sales reps claim it does. 4) Daily upsells on the dashboard. 5) Once you agree to add a service, they make it almost impossible to cancel. I requested to cancel services prior to renewal, and I was told that I need to inform them more than one month in advance of annual renewal to make any service cancellations. They are happy to add services at any time, however.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I wanted to replace Gusto because their customer service was farmed out to a call center, which dragged out troubleshooting. I'd planned to replace QuickBooks Time as well, but Rippling has less capable time tracking functionality.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling's sales rep promised comprehensive integration with the tools we already used, eliminating duplicate data entry.
Kaitlin

Reviewed on 22/9/2023

BEWARE: Not ready for Canadian support!

I would never choose Rippling for anything to do with providing Canadian support. Even our US team was having struggles and finding it far more manual than we were led to believe it would be. Buyer beware, they over-promise and under deliver in EVERY ASPECT of the system.

Pros

Very little to be honest. Our global implementation manager was nice, but we had to educate him on some Canadian practices when we feel he should have been aware of them. **there is no Canadian based sales, support or implementation managers, CSMs, etc. they do not understand Canadian tax laws or ESA provisions and the Dev team does not have ETAs for updates on critical needs to help smooth out the processes for Canadian companies.

Cons

Rippling is not ready to appropriately support paying Canadians and working with Canadian companies.There are a number of issues that consistently arose with using Rippling for our Canadian team. Payroll was far more manual for us, we had to check Rippling's work and calculations all the time and often found errors. They cannot do salary continuance easily, you can't easily update ROEs (you have to contact support to do this and it takes a few extra days so you could potentially be out of compliance if it they have questions). They don't calculate PTO earned on ESA pay in lieu notice unless the EE continues to work during the notice period. They don't calculate stat holiday pay if an EE is resigning or terminated in that pay period. This is just the issues we've run into with payroll and Canadian support. Setting up the PTO was finicky and they have defualt provisions that are annoying to turn off and can't be edited or deleted so if you something above ESA provisions then you have to make separate PTO policies, and US defaults first ALWAYS. Initially when we set up everything was under one section for Canada and the US and then they changed it on us and I was told I'd have to set up everything for Canada all over again. I had to push back to support to say that was not okay because we had just finished our implementation (which was an incredibly intense 4 weeks) - eventually after pushing back enough they said they would migrate the policies for me.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We wanted a global payroll system vs. using a US PEO and Canadian HRIS separate in each country we operated.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I am disappointed we didn't go with UKG, they would have met and exceeded our needs. Ultimately Rippling was chosen because our US team wasn't ready to navigate away from using a PEO.
MARCUS

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Horrible service and on boarding

Their system is nothing more than the API hub to other third-party service providers. You're paying to connect to your other services through their interface, which costs additional for each service on a per-person level. There are many more affordable solutions with better interface and customer service. To prove how outdated and horrible their system is, they declined my payment (even though I provided my full account info with their rep on the phone that was chewing on the phone, letting me figure everything out instead of trying to help me). I tried to reach my rep, that he disappeared. Due to the inconsistency and the low-level onboarding, I decided to cancel and not proceed with the service. Right after I canceled the service, they went into my account and started to withdraw money without my consent! I doubt that any of these reviews are legitimate. I have found the same reviews on different channels, basically plagiarized.

Pros

I didn't like anything once I signed up.

Cons

-ZERO Customer Service
-Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service
-Constant upsell for every single thing in the system, even after I selected the everything from their highest level package there is still cost for even a simple API for your email or Salesforce and much more!
-User Interface is extremely outdated
-Functionality is exaggerated.

QCommission , Gusto and TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

To have a better onboarding and payroll that would encompass everything in one.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Because it was cheaper from the onset and easier to use until I actually signed up and all the rest of the cost that wasn't disclosed started adding on.
Melissa
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 7/3/2022

All around horrible!

If I could do no stars I most certainly would. I do not recommend this product for a company that needs flexibility.

Pros

There is nothing that has worked well for us. Every single thing we try to do requires so many hoops to find out it cannot be done and there is no way around it. It was sold to us as being flexible, it is definitely not. I am so mad I did not move to the company I know works well for all situations.

Cons

Benefits do not flow easily, open enrollment was a nightmare and they had to fix so many things even though it was entered properly in the system. K-1 partners can only have payments applied to them, no tracking of benefits that came out of the payment so no reporting to help with your audit and tax prep. PTO & Sick time cannot be split on one day, which is a pain. HSA is a train wreck, money comes out of our account, but it is often wrong. Basically not one thing works well.

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I need a system that had better systems and processes than what we had, they firm handled things separately and it was very manual.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

I have used Paycor for almost 10 years between 2 companies and Rippling seemed to allow for the same flexibility but had better workflow management and allowed for computer equipment management.
Jessica
Jessica

Reviewed on 17/3/2023

It allows me to facilitate the process of hiring tasks

Everything has a place, and I can quickly locate the information I need. The signup process is straightforward and practical. It's a fantastic tool for keeping everyone on the same page, from workers to supervisors.

Pros

The streamlined instructions for new recruit tasks were really helpful. I also like being able to access all of my company's data from a one app. Because of ripple, I was able to immediately begin new hire tasks, take care of my benefits, and handle all other aspects of the new hiring procedures.

Cons

Absolutely nothing about this is counterproductive. The system's user interface and functionality meet my needs, so that's good. However, the structure of this review is not something I enjoy. Make a check box survey out of it. I don't have answers to several of the inquiries, such as which product version and options the company currently uses.

Sharma
Sharma
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 15/2/2023

Review for Rippling

Pros

User-Friendly Interface: Rippling has a simple and easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to manage all of your HR, payroll, and IT needs in one place.Integrations: The software has a wide range of integrations with other popular business applications, such as Slack, Zoom, and QuickBooks, which makes it easy to connect with other tools you're already using.Automated Workflows: Rippling automates a lot of your HR, payroll, and IT workflows, which can save you time and reduce the likelihood of errors.Security: The software uses advanced security protocols to keep your data safe and secure, such as two-factor authentication and encryption.Customization: Rippling allows you to customize your workflows, forms, and other features to match your specific needs and requirements.Employee Self-Service: Rippling provides an employee self-service portal, allowing employees to manage their own HR and payroll needs, such as updating their personal information or accessing their pay stubs.Customer Support: The software provides excellent customer support, with 24/7 live chat, email, and phone support available.Overall, Rippling is a comprehensive and user-friendly software solution that can help businesses streamline their HR, payroll, and IT processes.

Cons

Pricing: Rippling can be more expensive than some of its competitors, particularly for smaller businesses or those with fewer employees.Learning Curve: While Rippling is designed to be user-friendly, some users may find the platform's depth of features and integrations to be overwhelming, especially for those who are new to HR and payroll software.Integration Limitations: While Rippling does have a wide range of integrations available, some users may find that their preferred software is not yet supported or that the integration options are limited.Limited Reporting Features: While Rippling does offer some basic reporting features, some users may find that the reporting capabilities are not as robust as they would like.Limited International Support: Currently, Rippling is only available in the United States, which means that businesses with employees outside the U.S. may not be able to use the software.Overall, while Rippling is a comprehensive software solution, it may not be the best fit for every business. Users should carefully evaluate their specific needs and compare Rippling to other HR and payroll software options before making a decision.

Marek

Reviewed on 1/6/2023

Rippling Review

my overall experience with Rippling was good. The platform provided a comprehensive solution for HR management, combining multiple functionalities into a single, integrated system. The ability to handle employee onboarding, payroll, benefits, and IT provisioning in one place streamlined our HR processes and improved overall efficiency. The intuitive user interface and self-service capabilities empowered employees to manage their information effectively. The automation features reduced manual efforts and enhanced productivity. While there were some complexities in the setup and occasional glitches, the benefits of using Rippling outweighed these minor drawbacks. It served as a valuable tool for our HR department and contributed to a seamless employee experience.

Pros

One of the aspects I liked most about Rippling was its comprehensive and integrated HR platform. The platform offered a wide range of features, including employee onboarding, payroll management, benefits administration, time tracking, and IT provisioning. The seamless integration of these functions into a single platform made it convenient and efficient for HR teams to manage various aspects of employee administration. The intuitive user interface and self-service capabilities empowered employees to access and update their information easily. The automation features, such as automated workflows and notifications, helped streamline HR processes and reduce manual efforts. Overall, Rippling provided a robust and all-in-one solution for HR management.

Cons

One aspect I liked least was the complexity of certain configuration and setup processes. As Rippling offers extensive customization options, setting up and configuring the platform to align with our specific HR policies and workflows required some technical expertise and time investment. Although the platform provided documentation and support, some aspects of customization could be more user-friendly and intuitive. Additionally, occasional glitches or delays in system updates were a minor inconvenience that could affect the overall user experience.

Parth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 15/1/2023

Fantastic onboarding app with user-friendly UI and robust functionality

The software makes it simple for me to seek time off from my supervisor. I can see how many hours my direct reports have worked and how many they intend to work in the near future. It just makes organising things and dealing with onboarding a lot easier and smoother. I've spent a lot less time worrying about whether or not a time-off request was accepted, as well as how many time-off hours I had before and after a request is submitted or authorised.

Pros

Rippling's UI is extremely intuitive, simple to use, and delivers all of the information required for effective people management and operations. Rippling's Time-off feature is by far the most user-friendly. As a consequence, I and the approver and spend less time on administrative activities, which allows me to devote more time to my real job tasks. The dashboard is simple to use and helps you quickly discover the information you want. The nicest part is that I can change the quantities of my payments to different accounts each pay cycle. Signing up for employment benefits, submitting time off requests, controlling your work equipment, and checking your payment information are all simpler processes.

Cons

The Rippling Android App lacks key functionality included in the Rippling browser version. The functions under Insurance & Benefits, in particular, are not available in the Android app. My main concern would be purchasing add-ons to get all of the functionality you require. The onboarding procedure was quite lengthy. I wish Rippling could accept expenditure payments.

Mike

Reviewed on 20/8/2019

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on.

Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder.

Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Paylocity