Mailjet Reviews

About Mailjet

Mailjet is a cloud-based email automation solution that helps small to large businesses create, manage, send and optimize email marketing as well as transactional emails. The platform offers a drag-and-drop builder that allows...

Browse Mailjet Reviews

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

Great mailing platform

Easy to setup, I like how they instruct you to setup your mailing domain in an optimal way and guide you through the process.

Pros

The overall design of the platform as well as the email builder is one of the best i've seen. It makes it possible for even novice users to design templates and send email campaigns.

Cons

Price is a bit high compared to some open source and self hosted options like OemPro but for a SASS product its still pretty good.

Kenneth
Kenneth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

Best Value Out There

Pros

The software is easy to use and I can prepare a "mailing" fairly quickly with templates that I've set up for various types of occasions. The price is very reasonable and the reports are fantastic. I'm able to reach my target markets better when I download the reports and track who opens and "clicks" through my messages.

Cons

Everything is great. I wish that there could be more templates for the emails to give me more "looks" when I do "mailings"

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Price was far better. In addition, MailChimp charges based on size of mailing list. I'd rather be charged by number of emails that I send out. My current package is perfect for my needs at a reasonable price.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Steer clear if you're looking to send a large volume of emails

Overall, if you want to send a little bit of email with webhooks and api calls, this will work. If you're sending large scale campaigns, it could ruin your email list size because of the lack of functionality around reengagement campaign parameters.

Pros

The sales people and customer support were very nice. If you were looking to use the free tier or send low volume of emails then MailJet will do the job (ie: in place of MailChimp) however, if you're looking at this v's constantcontact or sendgrid, selligent etc then I would definitely not go with MailJet.

Cons

MailJet do not want clients to use them as a databasing tool which means, if you have a segment of users who are engaged and opened 20 times in the last 30 days and you want to get those email addresses to push into facebook to find a look alike audience...you can't. MailJet won't let you get that data.

They also blacklist your softbouncing emails in the background and limit the characters in subject lines.

Marigold Engage

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Due to price but wish we hadn't and actually went back to SailThru after 6 months of trying to get MailJet to work properly.

Response from Sinch

Hi - thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to send us an email to [email protected] and we'd be happy to look into your account. In the meantime, we apologize for any inconvenience. Our platform and API is designed to handle higher volumes and as long as our Sending Policy is adhered to, we will be able to address any of your issues. Thanks again, the Mailjet team.

Replied 13/12/2019

Top Mailjet Alternatives

Rabemananjara
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 5/3/2024

Sen emails with Mailjet

Pros

The software is easy to use, it's easy to manage contacts and set a mail with different contents.

Cons

The lack of tools of creation to set up the email as we want.

Sahar
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

For the price, Mailjet is near perfect

The Mailjet template creator is easy to use if you have any experience using other template creators. Love how they include "saved sections" in the template creator for ease of creation. Mailjet has strict rules for anti-spam measures and that's a good thing. The majority of my emails do get delivered. For the frequency of our newsletters, Mailjet is perfect for our company. For transactional emails, we use Marsello because of its vast segment properties.

Pros

Picking a mail software is extremely stressful since most companies will charge you an arm and a leg when your list grows. Mailjet is the most value-driven software for medium-sized businesses.

Cons

If you want to segment at all, you have to upgrade to higher payment tiers. After testing their segment tiers, I wasn't too impressed by the options, so I downgraded it.

Constant Contact, Brevo, SendGrid and Omnisend

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mailchimp has gotten so much more expensive over the years.

Isaac
  • Industry: Think Tanks
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

A solid option for managing email lists.

Pros

Ease of use
A plethora of features
Messages arrive to inbox (not spam)
Good analytics
Overall value is good

Cons

Mailjet limits your sending rate at first
Some features could be more customizable (e.g. subscriber forms/widgets)
Can be a bit complicated to add sender addresses and verify URLs

Brevo, Drip and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mailjet has better % of arriving in inbox (not spam) Better package of features More customization and control Overall better service

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Price and pragmatism of features
Dario

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Better value for money on the market

Pros

Mailjet has all funcionalities needed for sending transactional emails.
Great backoffice application and EU based

Cons

Transactional confirmation API structure need some manual tricks to work with many domains and subaccount in an efficent way

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Better pricing model, well suited for our needs.
Gabriele
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

A great service for a small price

Great DX for the integration, familiar UI, great analytics, honest pricing, possibility to send SMS. The product I was looking for, recommended.

Pros

- Easily create email templates with web-based editor
- Great analytics for your emails
- Easy API integration

Cons

- Cannot buy a dedicated IP unless you send 150k emails/month, I'd like to build my reputation from now

SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mailgun template editor is too new and not so stable as Mailjet one.

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

SendGrid is too expensive and not so developer friendly
Karen
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

MailJEt Review

Overall, my experience is positive. I wish there was a way to customize image padding (more than what's available, once it's been inputted in. Another function that can use some work would be the spacing between paragraphs. It would be nice to be able to create different spacing within the same text box without all of the text adapting to the same space size. Otherwise, uploading contact lists and creating email templates has been seamless.

Pros

I like that it's easy to use and pretty intuitive for first time users.

Cons

What I like least is you can't control the optimization of mobile design, that it'll automatically scale larger or smaller than a phone screen. You can't design for one platform (desktop) without considering how it'll appear on mobile, since it's not mobile optimized.

Brevo

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Dynamics had limitation in creating rich-media emails.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

MailJet had the most bang for your buck.
Richard
Richard

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Good overall... But, don't try to do too much too early.

Pros

Mailjet is very easy to setup as long as you have access to your domain DNS settings. I manage DNS through Amazon Route 53 so changes reflect quickly when I needed to verify DNS ownership. Once you confirm ownership, setting up email API is easy, and works instantaneously - as it should.

I started using Mailjet to send out server and website notifications. For this purpose it worked awesome. I had about 20 websites sending notifications out via MailJet and as long as the domain names were verified correctly it worked great. You'll run into problems if don't verify your domain so if you have issues check that first. Mailjet has an easy domain verification tool that will highlight any issues quickly.

For transactional emails and general emails from an email client MailJet worked fantastic - read the cons section for an area of trouble.

Cons

Since I had such good success using MailJet for our transactional needs, I started using MailJet a couple months ago to send out periodic marketing emails, it's a native feature within their dashboard so I thought it would be nice to consolidate email providers. Well, very quickly we ran into issues and they temporarily lowered my sending limits.

I was able to quickly provide them with the information they needed and they removed the sending limits after 7-days. From that experience, I limited our use of MailJet as a marketing platform, but recently used them again only to run into the exact same problem. But this time the issue was because of the volume of emails sent - not because of any bounce or SPAM notifications. The suspension this time resulted in a much more complicated process in demonstrating ownership over the list of email under my control.

I don't want to pick on MailJet too much on this subject of marketing emails; they position themselves as a transactional email platform, and for that, they're awesome. I only used MailJet for marketing purposes because they feature it in their dashboard and it's easy to use. But they seem far more strict in their email purposes than say MailChimp which seems to be setup more for marketing/newsletter type emails.

Ben

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Transactional Email That Covers 90% Of Use Cases

MailJet has been a drop in replacement for Madrill. It has been more than adequate for all of my transactional emailing needs.

Pros

After using MailJet as a replacement for Mandrill for the last 2 years, I can fully recommend it. I use it for transactional email and I can send 6000 per month on the free tier. More than enough for my use case. I like the templates and templating language. Setting up sender domains and authenticating them is a doddle. Using the API is also painless with the excellent API documentation.

Cons

The only thing I dislike is that there are almost too many options. This isn't a bad thing per se, but I have probably only used about 25% of the available tools/reporting etc. I also have no need for the campaign tools and would prefer it if Mailjet only concentrated on transactional emails.

SendGrid and Mailgun

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mandrill stopped having a free tier

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

It was simple to set up first time
aj

Reviewed on 22/8/2020

Best free email smtp provider

We've implemented Mailjet on our clients that needs more customization in marketing emails.

Pros

Mailjet offers more free emails than its closes competitor Mailgun. Mailgun has its own perks but if you want more emails per month go for Mailjet. 200 per day vs 1000+ a month for Mailgun. Mailjet wins when it comes to marketing emails.

Cons

Can't easily add/remove members in a mailing list. No DKIM off the bat.

Better customer support

Brevo
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

Outstanding Mailing Management Software

Pros

MailJet is extremely easy to use and makes the process of generating mailings extremely simple. The UI for generating mailings is intuitive and simple, yet powerful and able to accomodate pretty much anything you'd want to put into an email. I use it generally for doing newsletters to a large group of about 5,000 subscribers.

The overall interface for managing Contacts lists and Campaigns is well done and understandable. Adding and removing subscribers from Contact lists is fairly straightforward and mostly great.

On the rare occasions when I've needed support, they've always been extremely fast and knowledge-able, and solved the issue in short order.

Cons

Three things about Contact lists are a bit annoying:
1) There doesn't seem to be any way to automatically remove Unsubscribed Contacts: you have to download them manually, then upload them to remove them.
2) Same thing with Bounced or other Contacts that you discover from the post-Campaign analysis: there's no button to say "Remove these from my Contact List": you must download them, then remove them through the removal interface
3) Errors from uploading new Contacts is a little clunky when there are errors: again it generates a file that you have to download and look at separately. For most errors (duplicate address, typos, invalid format, etc) in the little uploads that I do as part of expanding the list, I'd just like to see the darned things immediately on the screen so that I could either ignore them (i.e. dups) or fix them (typos & invalid format). Only if the errors go beyond some threshold (say more than 10, and it could be user-settable), should it do the file-generate-and-download thing.

Danielle
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

This works really well for what I need. It is easy to use and easy to train people not so tech savvy to use as well. Aside from the cons above, I have had a great time updating content. I do with the help people we a little more helpful. When I had a problem in that the emails we saying "sent" but nothing was being received - they told me it was my problem and there was nothing they could do. - That may be the case, but there are nicer ways of saying this. I had already checked my email spam and the head spam blocker and nothing was there from mailjet. I ended up having to send out a link to the online version that I had pulled off of a previous test email. That all being said, I still continue to use the program as it is easy to manage and provides nice stats.

Pros

I like the amount of flexibility you have at the free level. I like the ease of dragging and dropping content to add or reposition. I like that it saves as a work in progress and you can go back and review old newsletters. I also like the detailed insight and stats.

Cons

That you can't move multiple sections at once. For example, I wish you could highlight a text box and an image at the same time and move them around together to relocate content. I also wish you could add dividers between vertical columns. If you have a 3 column section, I would like to divide with a line between. I wish there was a calendar feature as well to help with showcasing dates and events.

Pranab

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Great for sending outbound transactional email

Used mailjet within our Django based web app.

Pros

Hassle-free and fair limits on the free plan, with well-priced upgrades for running specific campaigns. Great deliverability as well.

Cons

Couldn’t find a way to see what unverified email addresses were being tried on our account as sender addresses (so we couldn’t fix those wrong outbound email addresses)

Zoho Mail and Mailchimp

Pricing.
Mauro

Reviewed on 3/3/2020

Great service at reasonable prices

The problem of spam definitively solved, integration in the servers very fast, excellent

Pros

I solved the spam problem without large configurations, thanks to their fully qualified servers. It was what I needed

Cons

I would love to have the option to pay for the service annually and not only monthly, obviously prepaid

Reviewed on 19/2/2019

Your interface is confusing, your user experience is terrible

Poor experience

Pros

Data centers in France, French company, gdpr compliant. We value this.
Domain Authentication is easy.
WYSIWYG editor is not bad for emails
support guys (english) are polite and effective

Cons

UI is too slow. how did you manage to make this slow? I am using mailjet for years in various companies and the interface has always been spinning. I can't stand seeing you spinner anymore. please hire a bew PM and a new frontend dev team. this is not acceptable.

UX is too confusing. red banners, warnings all over the place for a feature I did not even ask for (10K emails per day if I recall correctly)

Navigation is terrible. why are you doing this to us ?

template management is awkward

glitches in the API your team is not willing to fix. API is very important, be developer friendly please. read the comments here to understand the suffering of users locked and forced to use your product (aka silent sufferers) https://github.com/mailjet/mailjet-apiv3-nodejs/issues/38

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

Transactional / Triggered emails are so easy to setup

Overall, it has been a positive experience. As a startup company, we initially went with a competitor and hit many roadblocks, so we wound up with MailJet and it has been smooth sailing.

Pros

So far, I have mostly only used the transactional emails. Our developer found this solution and it integrated with our platfrom through the API very smooth. My role was to create and design the email templates. It was very intuitive to use and has a vast feature set. I quickly setup 15+ custom templates within a few hours. The developer had them connected and running within a couple days.

Cons

The reporting is a bit confusing compared to other email tools I have used. When I had to go and find if someone was triggered a transactional email and it wasn't easy to find the information I needed.

SendGrid

Ease of use, functionality
Jaime
Jaime

Reviewed on 30/12/2015

MailJet, you get what you pay for.

All I can say, is try and fine a phone number of email address for technical support ANYWHERE. Your only contact is through the support form, which would be great if they didn't take 2 days to get back to you. 2 days is two days too long if you send out 12,000 emails and all of the links don't work as happened to us. When you use MailJet, they do some kind of redirecting, probably so they can capture analytics. At 10:44 we ran our final test and it worked. At 11:00 we launched 12,000 and every hyperlink was broke. First thing the next morning I ran a test again and the links worked on that. Been trying to get a hold of Mail Jet all morning while my customer if fielding angry emails and calls from the recipients. It's a huge embarrassment and frustration for all of us. Now ask me if the $7.50 per month price is a good deal or not?

Oh, and this is not the first time we've needed help and gotten into this bind. We will be switching once we manage this emergency.

Pros

Very cheap tool. $7.50 per month for up to 30,000 emails.

Cons

Cheap. Tech support is a minimum of a day from responding and you probably won't get much out of them. Outsourcing or cloud doesn't work if the vendors don't respond to your urgent issues on a timely basis.

How about a tech support phone number, chat, email address????? Bump the price up to $10/month and actually provide something.

Bernardo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 21/5/2018

For use beyond transactional email, leaves questions

Low cust

Pros

It is a service with Low cost, Easy API and best Doc. The value pays off if you are a startup. But you will have to revisit your choice when you grow up.

Cons

For simple email sending, Mailjet works as a charm,
But from the moment you started using other features like Mail Automation, you started the problems, and the support ticket openings. I have two ticket open, and one without solution yet.

If I start a new business, probably Mailjet will not be my choice. Unfortunately changing now, is not ideal, because I prefer to dedicate myself to other subjects.

The service is not bad at all. Only this Email Automation that does not seem to be ideal for production.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 1/3/2023

Mailjet review by Jen

Pros

Email marketing has become more important and actually a necessity. This product works and is easy to use. Customer service dept has knowledgeable people.The Template-based emails are eye catching and eye pleasing.

Cons

If there were a rating for mobile compatibility I would rate this product 3/5. The screen display adjusts with every click as if it can't decide on which size to choose. An improper size wouldn't bother me as much as the constant adjustment.

atul
atul

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

I have been using Mailjet since long and haven't found anything better than Mailjet, truly...

I am in network marketing and this software helped me a lot On daily basis I updates my contacts regarding my new projects without any hassle.Great software ,Keep it up MailJet. Thanks

Pros

I love the the easy n smooth mail sending quality of this software the most but rest of functions and services also awesome like customer support ,Templates,SMTP etc.

Response from Sinch

Hey Atul,
we are glad to hear you are happy with our service! Thank you for taking time to leave a review.

Have a nice day!
The Mailjet Crew

Replied 28/3/2018
Luka

Reviewed on 29/3/2018

Nothing to add. The level of service and reliability is unparalleled.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, user friendly experience, statistics and its exporting. In 5 years of use, not one problem.

Cons

Sometimes the user interface is a bit sluggish, but i don't know, it might be a browser problem, because most of the times it runs without a problem.

Response from Sinch

Hello,
thank you Luka for leaving us a review! We are glad you are happy with your experience on Mailjet for 5 years now :)

Thanks again and have a good week!
The Mailjet Crew

Replied 9/4/2018
Jack
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

They have no support at all.

I raised a ticket #1312623. It’s been four days and they won’t reply.

So I raised another ticket for asking why they are not replying. The issue was quite urgent. Then in a very short time, I saw the ticket was closed.

So they have time to close my ticket, but they don’t have time or they don’t want to reply to a ticket. Very interesting.

Their attitude of doing nothing is the worst and the rudest I’ve ever seen in my years of working with several email service companies.

And I see that they blame this to the pandemic. But many other good companies, they are not doing this. Your problem is your problem, don’t try to blame someone else.

So, please DO NOT buy it, consider others.

Pros

Cheap in price. Normal dashboard. Kind of easy to use.

Cons

The support center is a joke. Once you paid, you get no one support.

Response from Sinch

Hi Jack, We're sorry for the delay in our response. We have responded to your ticket and it is ready for your review. We strive for a fanatical support experience and if you would like to provide additional feedback about your experience please email us at [email protected].

Replied 6/8/2020
Steven

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

Faultless Service

It's a solid relay service which I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Pros

It's an excellent mail service that I've had zero problems with. No outages, nothing. Which means I have no headache in trying to get something to work or maintain it.

Cons

Nothing, I honestly can't think of anything other than it's not free, but I pay a pittance for what I do get to use, which I can't complain about because it's so well priced.