UKG Ready Reviews

4.1

4.1
Visit Website

About UKG Ready

Designed for small businesses where everyone wears multiple hats, UKG Ready is the all-in-one HR solution that guides and empowers your people to make their day-to-day easier. From HR and payroll to talent and time, we’re the...

Browse UKG Ready Reviews

Tyler
Tyler
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great Product and Services

Wouldn't change anything! It has simplified and streamlined all our processes into an easy to use system.

Pros

A one-stop shop with white-glove service has met every need that we have had.

Cons

Would prefer the success care training happen earlier in the process.

ADP Workforce Now and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

Looking for more service.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Again, UKG met all our needs.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 7/11/2023

Like Having A 24/7 Employee Who Never Calls In Sick

My experience has been phenomenal. I have a wonderful working relationship with a number of team members and have even gotten to speak 1 on 1 with the [sensitive content hidden] of the Company. I have not seen any other major company where the [sensitive content hidden] is that available AND willing to talk to you,

Pros

UKG Ready is a highly customizable solution. Like a buffet, you can take a little of this and a little of that to get the features and functions you most want or need. The system is also highly scalable and expandable. We have added on more features over the years and it is a seamless integration with existing data when adding on. The support team is Best In Class. I feel like I have my own support team when I have a question or I have broken something because I didn't read some of the support tools available. This support team is assigned to your company so you always know who you will be working with.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about UKG Ready. It is a powerful tool which works for you 24/7/365.

Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

Cost and support was slipping. It made sense to do an RFP and we ended up with UKG Ready.

Paycom

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Ready seemed to have all of the features we were looking for and the support to back it up.
tim
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 9/5/2024

not user friendly

not the greatest. not very user friendly. It could be a lot more user friendly

Pros

some features work very well. if you just gotta check a work schedule

Cons

so much here, overall ease of use is poor. the simplicity of it is so poor.

Top UKG Ready Alternatives

DATIS HR Cloud

Blue Yonder Supply Planning

Attendance on Demand

Ansley
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 15/8/2023

You can't go wrong with UKG

We collected time on paper sheets prior to vetting a software. We went with out payroll software company and they couldn't meet our need for the complex ways we pay our employees. We then did research and really put UKG under a microscope to be sure they were the best fit for us. They have met and exceeded our expectations for time and attendance. We hope to be able to look at their payroll software in the future and see if that might be a better fit for us as well.

Pros

The ease of collecting data and then using it with our payroll software. We were using the same company for payroll as well as time tracking. It was not capable of collecting our complex pay methods, but UKG was. It has made doing payroll easy and expedited the process. Also their customer support is one of the best around. I don't know of a company that is doing this any better in the industry.

Cons

It is hard to find things we don't like. I would say things that we might not change would be the appearance of the online layout. It has changed a few times in the short period we have been on it. Just takes a second to find where something is.

Lisa

Kronos Review

I am a little frustrated with at times the communication flow. Frequent cancellations of meetings. Not always meeting deadlines on things. Sometimes not communicating proactively updates on where we are at with fixing certains issues. The latest hiccup occurred when the system went down and we reported this. Then we found out that we were supposed to sign up for the workforce community to get the updates when something goes wrong. This was either not communicated to us, or not quite communicated in a way that any of the implementation team understood. Not one of us either remembered or understood this. Separate from that I am very disappointed that important notifications are not automatic - instead we have to sign up for those notifications. My question is why? Shouldn't important notifications be standard? I have never had a product where we've had to sign up for those. You really need to reconsider that. There are other minor issues that make no logical sense to me as well. Like how to request PTO and not having the option to request a flat number of hours over several days. We are a healthcare operation with various schedules and requesting two weeks cause odd things to happen. Seems like this is something that should have been offered as an option long ago. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through. That is frustrating for all the staff here.

Pros

I've used time and attendance systems before and generally like them.

Cons

We've have a tough time pulling the trigger to go live. I recognize that some of that is related to our unusual rules. However, I get a little disappointed about the lenghthy time and some of the hiccups seem to be for other reasons.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

We had abandoned Kronos before because there was apparently some communication that due to our complicated rules, Kronos could not accommodate us. There was a perception that the right team was not in place before to make this happen (on both sides). Given the difficulties we are still having to try to go live, I am concerned. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 26/2/2024

Warning - 2 Years in and still no working product!

Pros

NOTHING! Hard to say what works best when nothing works at all.

Cons

The contact and implementation team. We have had to pull the pin and give up on implementing Kronos as we have spent tens of thousands of $ and hundred and hundreds of hours trying to get the system up and running and have gotten no where.

Bruce

Flexibility to Customize According to Your Needs

We are using time-sheet entry notes for our users to document their activities with customers. These notes in turn make their way onto our billing statements to our customers . This saves countless hours of work for our billing department.

Pros

Workforce Ready is a very robust time and labor application that can integrate seamlessly with your payroll solution. The granular configuration options allow the administrator and/or implementation team to set up their timekeeping solution according to their individual needs. Moreover, by mixing and matching profiles within the different areas of configuration, one can fine tune options by departments or individual employees if necessary.

Cons

Perhaps it is unavoidable but with the extreme level of flexibility comes also an extensive admin interface that could take a good amount of time to fully grasp. An administrators with years of experience could easily expect to still be learning new and better ways to complete tasks.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Primarily experience. I have worked with this team for many years and am very familiar with the emphasis they put on customer service. Just today, there was a brief (90 minutes) outage caused by a DNS problem. As soon as it was reported to me, I knew that I could log in to the customer service portal and immediately be informed with all available information about the problem as well as when the next update would occur. These folks run a tight ship.
Jana
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 21/1/2020

Kronos

Overall I have had a great experience with Kronos. I love the learning feature. I have only had issues with the new interface.

Pros

I love the ease of clocking in and out. The phone app is great especially with being able to clock in or out even when you are off line. Love the tracking feature also for the phone app. I also like the reporting module. It is very versatile and I can make reports for individuals exact likes, wants and needs.

Cons

I do not like the new interface at all. It takes longer to get to everything. I feel like I have at least 2 to 3 more clicks of the mouse to get anywhere I need to go. Also the time card seems more messy and harder for the employees to read.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

Kronos bought them out and they were our best option

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

The size and capabilities that were offered
Deon

Reviewed on 16/8/2019

Workforce Ready - an upgrade?

Workforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Pros

Cloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.

Cons

Some processes are convoluted.
Not intuitive.

Workday Financial Management

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

We were convinced that this would be better for our organization and that the feature set was richer.

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Even though we already own the Workday module, the feature set and ease of integration that was promised to us, appeared better for our organization.
Raquel
  • Industry: Higher Education

Workforce Time Entry Review

Our experience has been very positive. We receive the help that we need when needed. I love the system (Workforce Time Entry) especially no more with the recent upgrades.

Pros

I love everything about UKG. The product and the employees.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. We have had a very positive and streamlined process with our implementation. We needed the service so fast and UKG made it happen. I am very thankful for this.

SCOTT
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Buyer's remorse - However I will update review in 6 months. My view may change.

100% of our admin staff working with the new Kronos system is unhappy with it. We all agree that it seems like it is too complicated. We came from PayCom and it was soooooooooo intutive. So straight forward. And much cheaper.

Kronos needs to come up with 5-8 templates that are a basic look for how the build-out would look. I think when they try to be all things to all clients they end up being overly complicated. They need to reduce 80% of the options.

In hindsight we should have purchased a simpler system.

Pros

The potential is what I like most. The demo team from Kronos, during our research phase, far outshined the competition on how Kronos would make our lives better. However, that is not the case in reality. I will update this review in 6 months to see is this is improving.

Customer service is trying to help. But literally every day is a struggle.

Cons

* Too many options
* Too many drop-downs
* Too complicated
* Can't drag and drop
* The set-up process was entirely from scratch with no examples to go from, no best practices
* NOT INTUTIVE in the slightest
* Makes me sick to my stomach thinking we are stuck with this for at least the next 3-4 years
* Company seems too large to be nimble
* We invested well over 500 EE hours in set-up? Do you want your staff doing that?
* I feel like we are at the programmers level, this barely seems like software from this decade
* Customer serve gives off the vibe we should know more than we know

Response from UKG

Hello Scott,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. We understand you are having some issues with the Workforce Ready product and want to work with you on how to resolve these issues. We have contacted your sales rep and they should be reaching out to you to get more of your feedback within the coming days and schedule a one on one session.

If you have any more feedback that you'd like to share please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Alaina Froton
Customer Marketing Specialist

Replied 21/11/2019
Brooke

Reviewed on 14/8/2019

We have been able to go completely paperless with our onboarding process. However, customer support and follow-up has not been a pleasant experience. After implementation and the transition to customer support, I feel we were thrown to the wolves. There is no follow-up available from the project manager who built our system to offer any assistance with updates that come about. Basically, what is built is built is how I feel. We are not in the software business, and I feel it is key to have that support to be able to provide tips and tricks based on updates and new features that come about.

Pros

Recruiting and Onboarding have made our hiring process much easier.

Cons

It is not user friendly from the employee side or the administrator side.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

What was presented to us appeared to be very user friendly. Ultimately, what we currently are utilizing doesn't look like anything we saw in the presentation.
Anna

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

In our 2nd year - post implementation

We initially bought all modules available and in the end we cancelled several. We retained HR, talent acquisition, time and payroll. We are not currently using talent acquisition or HR for onboarding as the initial workflows set up are not functioning properly and we've not been able to fix them.

Pros

The reporting functionality is super easy to use and very helpful. You can report on most anything in the system and since most everything can be exported to excel it's easy to slice and dice for whatever your purposes.

Cons

Payroll functionality and customer support. Time keeping works fine but once things are crossed over into payroll, things don't always translate as they are supposed to.

Yevstakhii
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/4/2023

My expirience of use UKG Ready

I have a positive experience with UKG Ready, particularly in terms of payroll management features. I appreciate the platform's ability to handle a wide range of tasks, from tracking employee time and attendance to processing payroll and managing compliance and regulatory requirements.I also appreciate the platform's customization options, which allow me to tailor the platform to fit the specific needs and workflows of my organizations. The ability to customize fields, workflows, and reports can be particularly useful for businesses with unique or complex HR and payroll requirements.Additionally, I appreciate UKG Ready's customer support, which is consistently cited as being responsive and helpful. The platform offers a range of support options, including phone and email support, a knowledge base, and an online community forum.That being said, I have reported issues with UKG Ready's user interface, which can be somewhat cluttered and difficult to navigate, particularly for new users. Additionally, app has issues with the platform's reporting and analytics features, which may not offer the level of customization or granularity needed to make informed decisions.

Pros

One thing that I appreciate about UKG Ready is its comprehensive set of payroll management features. The platform offers a wide range of tools for managing employee data, tracking time and attendance, processing payroll, and handling compliance and regulatory requirements.I also appreciate the platform's flexibility and customization options. UKG Ready can be tailored to fit the specific needs and workflows of individual organizations, with customizable fields, workflows, and reporting features.Additionally, I like that UKG Ready's customer support is consistently responsive and helpful. The platform offers a range of support options, including phone and email support, a knowledge base, and an online community forum.

Cons

UKG Ready is complicated and difficult to navigate. It can take time to learn how to use the platform effectively and efficiently.Another issue is that UKG Ready can be relatively expensive, particularly for small or mid-sized businesses with limited budgets. While the platform offers a range of features and tools, users may find that they are paying for more than they need or use.Additionally, app has a problem with UKG Ready's reporting and analytics features. While the platform offers a range of reporting options, I have found that the reports can be difficult to customize or that they lack the level of detail or granularity needed to make informed decisions.

Stacy
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 31/1/2017

New Workforce Ready User

We have been implementing Workforce Ready since August of 2016. We are doing a phased implementation of all the modules, so the process is still ongoing. Considering that we're still rather new to the system, we are starting to get more comfortable with the product. We've been on many other similar products with competitors and had issues, which caused us to look for other solutions after a few years. This time we really tried to search for a product that we felt would be flexible, allow for modifications, and grow with us, so that we did not have to go through another implementation in another 3 years. Our evaluation process was lengthy, but we are still finding out a few surprises as we've gone through implementation. How things are presented during the sales process, while technically correct, don't necessarily work as we wished them to. The system is very customizable, though. Our implementation team has been great about working through any issues and helping us try and find solutions if there are items we do not like. However, there are some things that we have found that are not able to be changed that were disappointing.

Pros

It's still a work in process but we have found many things that we do like about Workforce Ready:
1. Customization - This system offers you the ability to customize your screens down to the individual level, as well as creating customized screens for other types of users. So if you want your Managers to log in and see a Timekeeping dashboard with graphs, and your Employee to log in and see employee related actions, and your Benefits Administrator to see a Benefits screen, you can set that up as defaults. Then each person can also customize their screens if they like and save them.
2. Reporting - if you need list style reports then this system offers one of the best reporting tools for easily building and customizing reports. Almost every screen is considered a "report" and you can add and delete columns as needed and then save that for later use, or even make it your default screen. Almost every screen is able to be exported in a variety of formats as well. You can also schedule reports to run automatically, as well as have them e-mailed automatically to Managers, etc. on a routine basis.
3. Notifications - This system offers the ability to automatically send e-mail notifications, reports, etc. for disciplinary actions, attendance tracking, reviews and other items. This is very helpful for our Managers and keeps them up to date on their to-do list.
4. Tools - Workforce Ready does have its own learning system, and they also offer many webinars, customer groups, KronosWorks, and customer sites that allow you to connect with one another if you have similar questions or problems.
5. Modules All Accessible from One Log-in - This was important to us as our other systems required us to log-in multiple times if we were trying to get into the Applicant module or Timekeeping. This is all easily found under one log-in. Very easy and timesaving.

Cons

As we go through the implementation process there have been a few surprises and disappointments:
1. Reporting - Yes, this is a Pro as far as customization and easy list reporting, but I do wish they had a more complex reporting tool available as well. If you want to have subtotals, grand totals, averages, grouped reports, add in formulas, etc. it is not easy to do in the reporting tool itself and you may have to export the list report out and finish building out the report in Excel or Word to get it how you really need it to be.
2. No Point-In-Time Reporting - This seems like it would be a given, but as we found out after the fact, we cannot do point in time reports. I feel like this is something we would have asked during our evaluation of the product, but again almost all products offer this now so perhaps we made a wrong assumption.
3. System Needs "Polished" - We knew going in that this product did not look as "user-friendly" as some of the other products. We felt like the flexibility of the system made up for it. However, as we are setting up our onboarding, our applicant site, and reviews we are starting to see the drawbacks in this. If you have users who are not as comfortable on a computer, this lack of "polish" and user-friendliness can make it difficult for them to understand the processes, and how to get through the screens. We also do not have the ability to customize the applicant website as much as we would like to help draw in applicants.
4. General Ledger - We came from another provider who did have a great General Ledger product, and this one was definitely a step back. Also, if your GL is tied in with your jobs you do have to have two separate lists in this system - the GL is not linked with the Jobs list in HR. So if someone changes position we have to update it in two places in order to keep the GL correct. This also comes into play if we add new jobs into the system - we have to update two lists. We also had to separate out our overtime into two pay codes since we have the overtime premium going to a different GL code. In our old system, they could have one pay code separated into two GL codes. We did not discover this until after we went live and so our associates started out seeing it one way on their check, and then another way, so it was very confusing for them.
5. On-site Training- This was contracted out to a partner of Kronos. It was not what we expected at all for the price we paid. You are better off to use the items built into the system or do it yourself.
6. Security - Yes, security is a pro, but some of the security set-ups in this system do make it very difficult and frustrating for our associates and applicants to get into the system on a regular basis which is a con. The system will automatically lock out any associate or applicant that does not log in every 14 days. However, the system tends to lock out every new user as well the first time they try to log-in. This is annoying and can make it difficult for those on off-shifts, as they have to contact us to get unlocked and then try logging in again within 24 hours. In addition, it does require you to enter a code if you're getting in on a new computer. It does have the option to check a box and only enter the code every 30 days, but that only applies to that specific computer and sometimes will not work depending on your cookie setting. Since most of our associates work in the plant, they only get on the system to print out check stubs every other week. They have to enter a code almost every time they log on to our public computers. This code has to be sent to their designated phone number or e-mail and cannot be easily changed to another number or e-mail. So if they forget their phone, or don't have their e-mail password with them, it can really make it difficult to get logged on, leading to frustration for them and a negative outlook on the system.

Response from UKG

Hello Stacy,

Thank you for your thorough feedback, we really appreciate the time you took to outline your experiences both positive and what needs to be improved. We are currently underway in two user experience projects and I think your input would be extremely valuable. Would you have time to speak with us further about your experiences? If so, please email me at [email protected] – I look forward to hearing from you.

Workforce Ready Community Manager

Replied 7/2/2017
Leesa

Reviewed on 13/7/2018

Promised everything would work with our setups, but only about half was delivered. We've...

Pros

Most of the reporting functions are great. The general look and feel of the website is great. Time clocks were easy to update when we got new badges and we never have issues with missed punches. The Manage Payroll function works well. It's easy to make changes to most features to get it working how we want it.

Cons

It's difficult to use with shift differential on time off requests. It requires multiple requests off from the employee just to get paid their shift diff correctly.

The accruals function is terrible. It doesn't forecast into the future, which is a HUGE issue for employees & management. This doesn't let employees request for time off using future accrued time off. And, it doesn't give them any way to plan for future vacations. The fact that everything hinges on the anniversary date causes a lot of employee confusion. The Current Balance is supposed to account for Scheduled time off, but when the Scheduled time off is after the employee's anniversary date, it doesn't deduct from the Current Balance, so it causes a ton of confusion. Also, the Current Accrued column makes no sense to employees or even me, and I'm technically the 'Kronos expert' at my company. It would be great if you could get rid of Current Accrued & Taken columns since they cause more confusion and questions than anything else. When an employee using a Bulk Hours schedule requests time off in the current pay period, once the manager approves it, it populates their time card with the time off rows, but it doesn't delete the working hours, so suddenly they have 8 hours of work and 8 hours of vacation on the same day.

While the support desk personnel are helpful, it can be very inconvenient to wait 1-3 days to get help with an issue or question. It's also hard to stop everything I'm doing when Kronos is ready to help me. I feel like my only choice is to drop everything I'm doing, because this is my chance, and I don't want to put it off another day. I feel like this puts all the convenience on Kronos support and none of the convenience on the customer. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone when I have the problem and I'm working on it.

The Kronos update webinars to hear about new features & updates are painful to sit through. The presenter sounds like she's reading a prepared essay for a 7th grade class. I tried attending three webinars, and it was always the same. I feel like I learn nothing with this presentation style because I'm so distracted by the robotic presentation.

Lindsay
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 10/3/2017

Big Company Technology - Small Family Feel

As a new user of Kronos - I have been impressed with the value placed on customer service and community support. Workforce Ready is a newer platform and as with all changes, there are a few glitches; however, the tech support and responsiveness makes you feel as though the system issues are minor and worth it. Every single time we call for assistance, the experience is helpful rather than stressful. Product wise - I love the cloud technology and the community features. One of my favorite features is the export option. When first using the product I kept looking for where to "Run Reports" for basic info - when I realized I could manipulate the columns and then just export the data I was looking at I was thrilled. It isn't complicated, doesn't require that I run a bunch of numbers - I just pick what I want to know at that moment & export the file. Then I can easily sort/filter the excel data as needed. I also appreciate the ability to search by multiple details - other platforms require the last name only, but WFR let's me search by multiple features - including the exact name or "starts with". I still have a lot to learn about the system and am anxious for the upgrades and suggestions to be implemented (like the ability to click back/forth between pages as you move through a file without having to go back to the home page); however, I'm pleased with the product and love the relationship - so as long as the focus stays on technological advances, combined with stellar customer service - Kronos will get my vote at the executive table.

Pros

PEOPLE! Software is available and mostly similar - we have a lot of choices in HRIS/Payroll systems, so how you treat your customers is the most important factor in being better. Kronos has this in spades!!

Cons

Benefit plan set up isn't ideal - I need to be able to put in an effective date AND an enrollment date, as they are not the same thing. If my employees don't elect their benefits before the "waiting period" the "New Enrollment" radio button disappears. An employee's waiting period and eligibility dates do not match their election period. I'd like the opportunity to select the different options.

Vicki
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 11/6/2021

Honest User Review

I love having an automated software product! I have learned UKG fairly well which was not an easy process. I just don't want to have to relearn it because they decided that they wanted to change how everything looks. That is very frustrating for me as a customer!

Pros

We really like the online timekeeping, vacation tracking, payroll processing, and benefits tracking. While it is somewhat complicated to get the hang of it, you can process payroll fairly quickly once you have learned the process.

Cons

Integration was extremely difficult. I also didn't care for the way they handle the training. I felt like it would have better to have some short training segments to help us learn the basic process and where to find things and then schedule for the complete training. Also UKG has been in the midst of a complete overhaul of the look and workings of the software. The new layouts are too large on screen, more complicated to get around in and not easy to see stuff without scrolling a lot. But no matter how many complaints they have received about this, they have went forward with it anyway.

Sandy

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

An Expensive Letdown

Honestly, just go with ADP and pay more. At least they will be able to help you more with compliance. Kronos was such a letdown and the system looks so antiquated.

Pros

Kronos has some good report features and a lot of the onboarding documentation is easy to collect. You do have the benefit of being with a larger company so they have more customer service people, too, and they have people who specialize in certain areas to give you better help.

Cons

Oh, there are too many to count:
- Their compliance features pale in comparison to ADP. They will say they can comply with all state-mandated sick-leave laws, but it requires so much manual work on the backend that you kind of wish you could just do it elsewhere. A huge pain if you operate in many states.
- Their "customized fields" that they tell you about in an RFP just don't exist. Anything you need done that doesn't fit within their standard guidelines just won't happen.
- If you like reporting on headcount and HR metrics the way that Kronos does it, you're fine. Otherwise you have to attempt to build a report with their service team (which can take weeks) and then export it and then get the data you want. It's just not acceptable given how much you pay for the service.
- Don't get me started on their "documents." If you need to send out a bulk request (i.e. when EEO season rolls around) Kronos can only send out a general reminder to have people check their inbox, and then people have to be smart enough to go in and do it. The reminders for this suck too.

Paulette
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 10/3/2017

Implementation for small government utility

Kronos is a great product, but it is a very complex system that requires experienced module leads for the build out and implementation of the product. We wasted four months with inexperienced module leads and had to start all over again from scratch. Once we had experienced module leads we made a lot of progress, but those leads still had very little time for us because they were assigned too many customers. We implemented HR, Timesheets and Payroll, which is a pretty complex implementation. If we had only implemented one of the modules, it would not have been as difficult.

Pros

Kronos has a number of features that work well for our business. We use a lot of work orders for our plant and we were able to import work orders each day and create a search for employees to find them in their timesheets. The integrated system works well once it is set up properly. We have eliminated a number of manual processes with this system. Reporting is very easy to use and our end users are very happy with their ability to create reports.

Cons

The biggest issue with Kronos is the virtual implementation and lack of time that the Kronos implementation team has for each customer. Kronos module leads have too many customers to support, so you only have a few hours of their time each week for the build out. If you have any complexity with your timesheets and payroll, you will need to have experienced module leads. Our implementation took twice as long as planned because we started with inexperienced leads.

Response from UKG

Hello Paulette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Workforce Ready. While we are always happy to hear what customers enjoy about the product, we are deeply invested in learning what we can improve. Your feedback on implementation is truly helpful and we are sorry that the process did not go as expected. I thought you would like to know that based on customer feedback we have recently restructured our onboarding process for new customers and have put a strong focus on improving internal training for the implementation team.

Community Manager, Workforce Ready
978.947.5173
[email protected]

Replied 20/4/2017
Jonathan
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 23/8/2019

Easy to use bundle

The ease of use with the finger reader and software has been a great benefit. We are an auto dealership with sales and technicians, the ease of use is a great benefit to people not tech savvy. So easy to use software and hardware is paramount for us.

Pros

The software is easy to keep track of clocking and clocking out, vacation and sick days. The finger reader is also convenient and very easy, Just put your finger in the reader and ding! Your clocked in or out.

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons, the software always works and if I need to call support, they are quick to respond and resolve my issue.

Jamie
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Avoid UKG

Terrible. Read my paragraph in "cons".

Pros

They do have some nice features such as being able to store everything we need about a particular employee. Payroll function isn't bad, but it's not user friendly.

Cons

Almost everything. Especially that You cannot build custom reports. If you want a custom report, their implementation team has to do it. It took them almost an entire year to build us a report that pulls in name, title, salary and YTD bonus & commission amounts. I was able to create this for myself in 2 minutes with ADP. ALSO they will not allow you to change a "termination date" for anyone. You have to "rehire" and then term again. This is RIDICULOUS. I could go on for hours about what I don't like. Do not recommend this to anyone.

Rodica
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 6/7/2017

Kronos Workforce Ready is improving

This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Cons

Does not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

Response from UKG

Hi Rodica – Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected].
Community Manager, Workforce Ready

Replied 8/9/2017
Ashley

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

Streamline all aspects of employee time-keeping in one application!

Since implementing and fully utilizing Kronos our staffing models have been better aligned with the business needs at each of our sites & held employees more accountable because this gives them a visual representation of punches that are "out of line" (tardy, unexcused absence, late out, etc). Kronos also tracks and reports this data based on trends/benchmarking that we established (Automatically sent to managers via e-mail report) - This has freed up our management team to focus on other duties.

Pros

Kronos has allowed our organization to house all aspects of employee time-keeping within one application. This has count down significantly on the reports collected because Kronos is tracking attendance, tardy, late out, OT, hours beyond FTE, etc. We have built our program to send notifications directly to management so that they can then handle "issues" as needed.

Cons

Implementation and planning efforts to build Kronos out to be as functional/efficient as it currently is took many months & IT work. Our organization did all of this internally, may be easier/quicker if utilizing Kronos for this.

Joyce

Reviewed on 2/10/2018

Exceptional Time keeping

General note to anyone considering Workforce Ready: We have been using this product since 2012. I seldom need to contact Support for assistance as this product tends to work great with minimal problems. When I have reached out for assistance the staff has done a great job resolving problems in a timely manner. You can expect a great product, courteous and professional service.

Pros

We have a wide variety of pay codes and rules. We have built in overtime, shift differentials, Differentials for field training, etc. I have worked with other software programs and Workforce Ready is a program that has been extremely accurate for time keeping. Workforce is one of the best software programs I have worked on for payroll. It is easy to use and understand.

Cons

The only issue I have encountered is when I have employees with multiple codes that fall on a holiday. An example would be: Patrol Officer, who is an FTO while working a holiday. Some hours just don't move over to payroll. However I understand the problem because we are "over-loading" the program with multiple codes.