Lightspeed Retail Reviews

About Lightspeed Retail

Lightspeed Retail is a cloud-based POS solution that is suitable for retailers in industries such as apparel, footwear, bike, jewelry, pet, sporting goods and home decor. The solution offers retailers tools including inventory...

3.9

Browse Lightspeed Retail Reviews

Zondre
Zondre

Reviewed on 14/6/2019

Great integrated system

Lightspeed has been great. We have been using it for over a year and it has met my expectations. Whenever I request help, which isn't that often anymore they are quick to respond.

Pros

The best feature of LIghtspeed is the analytics package. As a senior manager you can spend a lot of time calculating your performance manually in excel. But the Analytics package takes care of all of that. It's easy to see the performance of your inventory, employees and marketing at any time. There are also a lot of apps that work with Lightspeed that make it the most functional POS system I've used. The fact that the ecommerce is integrated as well makes it a great fully integrated system. You could pay a lot more to piece together all the of the systems you need. Or you could spend a huge amount of money creating a custom system.

Cons

There are some small idiosyncrasies like not adjusting sync times for your local time zone. So, yesterday is never accurate you have to wait for the next days sync to get have accurate information. I would also like to be able to have our time management app sync employee time to Lightspeed so we don't have to enter it manually. I've given up on tracking employee hourly performance for this reason. Or if they offered a better time clock management natively that would help. I'd also like them to include the previous year comparisons in their dashboard. And, I'd like to look at seasonal performance rather than just month to month and week to week.

Clover, Shopify POS and Vend

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

I wanted a cloud based integrated system

Clover, Shopify POS and Vend

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

I looked at a couple of others too that I can't remember. A lot of them had great features, but none of them had all of the features to have a fully integrated system for our customers to shop online or in person. And, none of them had the analytics tools that Lightspeed has.

Reviewed on 1/5/2020

Best POS System in the Business

We had two separate Retail POS systems in our organization. One was so antiquated it had to be replaced and the second one was experiencing issues everyday and the support was lousy.

We purchased LightSpeed. I had the Retail Operators go through the setup videos and make decisions on how they wanted to setup the system based on the videos. Then, when the Operators completed their training, I had them configure LightSpeed themselves based on what they learned and the decisions they made. We then entered the inventory and the rest is history. I would recommend LightSpeed to anyone looking for a retail POS no matter what size.

Pros

I have installed numerous POS systems in my 30+ years of experience. LightSpeed is by far the most comprehensive system, yet easiest system to implement and use.

There support mechanism is second to none. If you look your question up in help, there will be documentation to answer your question, and chances are there is a video that walks you step by step through the solution.

If you feel like you want to get live help, there chat mechanism is one of the best, better yet, the support people on the chat are the most patient and knowledgeable support people in the business.

Simply the best.

Cons

I don't have any comments for this section

Bindo POS

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

Previous system just was not capable of doing what we purchased it to do.

Bindo POS

Price and product
Fabrizio
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Customer support non existent

Mediocre as it lack the attention to the customer which is the most important for developing a relationship

Pros

Poor, poor and nothing less than poor customer support. You are on your own.

Cons

Functionality of the system and the look of the product on the pos

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Fabrizio,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. We value our customers’ feedback, and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns.

As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us via email at <[email protected]>.

The Lightspeed Team

Replied 10/1/2024

Top Lightspeed Retail Alternatives

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Packs some punch among the punchless

We are a 40 year Brick and Mortar AND E-commerce company that carries 1000s of unique skus. Needing a software that is heavier than just the POS is essential. Inventory management and the ability to integrate with E-commerce was a non-negotiable for my next POS.
Lightspeed does have some frequent, mostly minor bugs, it is nice that they constantly update and enhance their program. There often seems to be a disconnect between software designers and the retail experience, but this program bridges the data management needed to go with the point of sale functionality.
Product management has been efficient. Customer service has been very helpful via telephone or chat and are always available which is nice. Even better, the amounts of time to need to contact customer service is minimal. After one year of use, I can say I use this program with confidence and I believe it packs the punch needed to handle scale.

Pros

Customer Support is included and accessible
Intuitive
Useful for heavy amounts of inventory
Cloud Based
Accessible via multiple operating systems
Integrated with Cayan for seamless transition from my previous POS
Has extensions that enable enhanced reporting, loyalty and ecommerce integration
Updates are included

Cons

Frequently Buggy
UX issues at times
E-commerce integration is through third party
Advanced Reporting is an additional cost and is still poorly designed and buggy
Long waits for Customer Support
Widespread Outages do Occur

Retail Pro and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

We found limitations in integrations with e-commerce as well as difficulty with the licensing for Retail Pro. Not being cloud computing was very limiting, customer service being an additional fee was frustrating and that same customer service torpedoing our system and the backup was the death knell

Retail Pro

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

Most cloud POS seemed geared for start up or micro retail. Lightspeed had the best blend of power needed to handle a sizable company as well as the agility to be cloud based and utilize mobile platforms. The ability to have an integration with Shopify as well as the integrated customer support was the perfect nudge to migrate to Lightspeed
Elizabeth
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 6/6/2022

Fantastic product for any retail business. Excellent value.

Overall, I think Lightspeed Retail is an excellent product and very simple for most any retail operation. I highly recommend it to colleagues for their POS/Inventory/eCom solutions.

Pros

Creating items and managing retail is very easy through Lightspeed Retail. The reporting features allow you to make great decisions for your business based on accurate data. Anytime I need help with something or am unsure as to how to do something regarding any feature of Lightspeed Retail, support is only a click away through the helpful chat feature. They are almost always immediate to respond and always kind and patient with any question.

Cons

Understanding how retail communicates with eCom is a little intimidating at first and simply took a minute to wrap my head around how it links together. Discounting could be a little more straight forward too but overall ok.

GolfNow

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

There was nothing straight forward or easy about Club Prophet and their retail system. Everything was antiquated and reporting was challenging.

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

Lightspeed offered everything we need as a whole for our golf operation including tee sheet management, retail, website, marketing, and more.
Rosaline
Rosaline
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 2/9/2020

Most complete and easy POS

Very easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use as you can search for the individual items and put items in categories. It also enable us to put in modifier on each item with additional price too

Cons

Very expensive compared to other POS. Only if the report format can be modified to be a little bit more simpler

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Stay away!

Horrible! Costly! Nightmare!
Business killer! Profit Stealer!

Pros

When it was Shopkeep.
It has only gotten worse with every update.

Cons

They buy out the competition and change the system to a new hybrid version every other year.

Nerissa
Nerissa

Reviewed on 29/9/2022

Great for Retail

Pros

We have been using Lightspeed for our retail firearm business and this has been very helpful for us in monitoring our sales and inventory. This is great for small businesses like us and priced reasonably.

Cons

None that i can think of. Lightspeed has been great for our business.

Better in inventory management, control and audit for Lightspeed

Better in inventory management, control and audit for Lightspeed

Reviewed on 28/11/2019

Lightspeed at the speed of light!

We have had a great experience with Lightspeed. It gives us the reports that we need to run the business efficiently. The waitstaff can easily take orders and payments without any problems.

Pros

Easy setup with great support from staff. Great reporting capability. Easy to set up users, products, etc. Great support staff who will help with any and all issues at any time. Can handle almost any need that a restaurant has.

Cons

Longer learning curve than some other systems but with practice is becomes easy to use.

Clover, TouchBistro and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

Square didn't have the flexibility we needed and the cost was too high for the number of order entry ipads we needed.

Veronika

Reviewed on 5/11/2019

POS for New Restaurant Owners

Never had a system this advanced before. I keep trying to implement more features to benefit the daily running of our restaurant.

Pros

Easy to use and set-up. Customer support is great. You are always talking to a real person and they always answer your questions or solve your problems.

Cons

There have been a few bugs every now and again. I would have liked some more one on one time when setting up our system.

Lavu POS, TouchBistro and Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

The weren't pushy. They let us decide. There was always someone there to talk to. Webinars were great!
Justin

Reviewed on 21/6/2019

Happy Bike Shop Owner

Lightspeed has been great to work with. The training provided after purchase was great. On going customer support has been phenomenal.

Pros

Really like the cloud based flexibility. Also love the syncing ability with most of my main vendors for importing purchase orders.

Cons

Only con is the fear of web being down or my local internet service not working and if that is the case not being able to run my store. This is has never been and actual issue though.

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

We were growing and needed more stations in our store. The cost and clunkiness to do that with Quickbooks wasn't going to work. Lightspeed has made it really easy and seamless.

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

Cost and the syncing capabilities with vendors in our industry.
Sam
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 2/8/2019

Best value & functionaility point of sale. Period.

Overall it's been wonderful. Certainly has made my slow business growth possible.

Pros

Absolutely the BEST thing about Lightspeed is the quick access to knowledgeable support. Also, Lightspeed meets the needs of my business's work flow. The interface is clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

That a default option is not available for adding a drop ship address to PO.

Mary

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

We LOVE Lightspeed POS Retail

More Accurate Inventory
Many Sales Report Options Available/Analytics
Ease of Doing Business
Customer Friendly

Pros

This software is designed for RETAIL, makes doing business in our Realtor Store simple. Ringing up customer is a breeze. Easy and fast to create a purchase order and receive products to inventory. This software is intuitive and simple to learn. We keep track of our inventory and sales reports, with accuracy.
Love the scanners and printed product label option.

Cons

The only negative is the long wait by phone, when we need to speak to support. Definitely worth the wait! All customer service people are polite. They always help us work through our issue with professionalism and follow-up email.

Square Point of Sale and Vend

RAMCO was not designed for RETAIL or On-line Store

Ramco Logistics

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

Even thought it wasn't the least expensive, Lightspeed seemed to provide everything we needed to meet our needs. We also had a great sales person, who explained the software to us and helped us along the way. His name was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].
Shawn

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Best business purchase EVER

After investing in a competing product and being incredibly disapointed, we were faced with a tough decision; do we make the change to lightspeed only a month after investing $$$ that we did not get any value from?
We decided to make the jump and were rewarded with the best upgrade our business has ever seen. This system is very easy to use. We have saved money and become more organized through efficient inventory management. Lightspeed has made our customers happy throughfast and organized checkout and allowed our staff to be the best they can be. Our service department has never been more organized. I feel like it has consolidated multiple areas of management and allowed more time to fucus on business. We re-invested for multi-years and could not ask for more from a POS.

Pros

Lightspeed is easy and efficient to operate. From training new employees to hectic busy days, Lightspeed reduces human errors and allows our staff and business to achieve their fullest potential.

Cons

As a relatively small business, it would be nice to have different register modes for convenience without purchasing an add on register.

• Industry: Tobacco

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

Do not use Lightspeed for easy use

I really dislike Lightspeed, but most other companies do not want to take on the risk of CBD, so Im stuck with Lightspeed

Pros

nothing at all, i do not like this software

Cons

Loyalty program, discounts are hard long and aggravating to set up, customer service takes a long time to respond,

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

I wanted a more user friendly POS, smaller, more easily accessible

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

Because the other ones would not take CBD sales

Response from Lightspeed

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied.

As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us at NoAM Toll-Free: +1 844 365-2868.

Replied 30/11/2022
Shad

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Read This Before Switching to Lightspeed

I have used Lightspeed for almost a year and it is not good. I read these reviews before we switched from another POS system and I was so confident I was going to love it, I switched both of my stores. Lightspeed has a great sales team, they tell you with confidence how great the system is and the demo works in the limited amount you can use it. All the features sound so easy and perfect and the integration with accounting was just what I was looking for!
If you are a fan of duplicate and complicated processes that fail regularly, you have found the system you are looking for. Lightspeed payments is a mess, it has crashed multiple times since our switch in June, 2021. We started out with iPads and the bluetooth chip/tap reader and receipt printer disconnect constantly. We have had to manually enter credit cards for up to 2 weeks at a time because the readers wouldn't connect. Duplicate credit card charges on single purchases are common (up to 5 charges! Yeah I get to pay fees on all of them too.) because the computer or iPad says payment failed and the customer swipes or taps the card again. We have 2 registers at each store and they randomly switch from register 1 to register 2, which makes EOD a mess! We have spent hours on hold with support and get the same answers each time, "they are working on it".
Many of the features are for older versions that really don't do much but clutter the system. I am sure in 2005, this was a great system but now the UI is not int

Pros

Reporting is better than my previous POS and integration with Quickbooks. works most of the time.

Cons

Everything but reporting. This system is not user friendly, there is no consistency and it is difficult to get a workflow down because the pages are not similar. Searches are difficult ant there is much duplication in efforts! To enter a P/O and create items for e-com, you have to open as many as 5 browser tabs! All for something that Shopify can do in 1.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

Shopify had bad reporting and had to use a 3rd party app to connect to Quicbooks. Also didn't transfer COGS because their API doesn't allow that for 3rd party apps.

Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

It looked like the best option, I liked the e-commerce integration, reporting, loyalty program and had other merchants recommend it. They have since changed their opinion also.

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Shad,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. Someone will be reaching out to you once more to discuss your request further and next steps.

Thank you for your understanding.

Replied 24/12/2021
Ryan

Reviewed on 21/8/2022

They over promise and under deliver

Couldn’t get off the ground after 1 year of getting tossed around the company to make sure we had everything set up properly. The onboarding process is painful and they take no accountability for their own issues. Spent $3k and tons of time and just cancelled it was so bad. Started billing me before we received are POS equipment. All they said is it was part of the contract. Salesman told me we could integrate old gift cards and they would help walk us through the transition. No help at all and ended up telling me they don’t do that. Tried to cancel as they didn’t hold up their end of the deal. Said we had to be through the account manager who wouldn’t get back to us. Come to find out he was let go. This is after 6 months of trying to get a hold of him as that was the only way to cancel. To find out that account manager was let go from the company and they didn’t bother to assign us a new one. The company organization is flat out horrible. Customer success is horrible and not good at communicating. I would look to somewhere else.

Pros

The features is most everything you need. The support is the problem.

Cons

The support is horrible. They think they know and understand issues better then the customers. They don’t listen and will treat you like you don’t even matter.

Epos Now, Square Point of Sale and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

Wanted a coudbased option to help manage remotely.

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

Looked like the total package. I was wrong. They lacked the customer support touch. I don’t know how this company will continue to grow.

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Ryan,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide products and services that allow our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We value all feedback and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns.

As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us via email at [email protected].

Replied 24/8/2022
dianne

Reviewed on 14/3/2023

Series X-

Once we signed up and realized we were unhappy, our sales rep would not return our calls or emails-(Ben).We had numerous hardware issues and tech support could not figure our how to help us. For example, our bar code scanners were not functioning correctly and we had to search for days on the web to figure out how to fix ourselves.

Pros

The only two positive things I can say is Lightspeed payments work seamlessly and Dylan, our trainer was great.

Cons

Cons:1. The register pops open on every transaction-including charges2. Try and find a sales transaction from a couple of months ago. Lightspeed only shows a limited amount for each day.3. There are limited amount of reports available.4. Only uses Dymo printers which are cheap, always jam and the product tags are extremely expensive. If you tag your mechandise, get ready to spend alot!5. Jumped into training mode without a warning and no way to prevent soneone from going into training mode.6. Lacks a variety of controls that you can give a user. 7. Products can only be priced by markup not margins.8.Good luck tracking returns.9. Payment reports are confusing.10. When you call support, be prepared to know more than they do!

Rain POS, KORONA POS and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Retail

We wanted a better product

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

We liked some of the features with Lightspeed. We thought we were signing up for lightspeed the R version but got talked into the X version. The X version is so juvenile compared to Quickbooks POS.

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Dianne,

We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience, and we are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the services received. It is our utmost priority to provide products and services that allow our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease.

If ever you would like to provide more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach our Customer Success Team via email at [email protected].

Replied 17/3/2023

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

Solid eCommerce Platform

I currently use both Lightspeed eCom & Retail (Omni-channel). This helps our retail store and online store stay synced and makes life easier for employees. Now, all POS sales and eCom sales are in one platform that is easy to use for our employees. If a customer purchases an item in our retail store, ecommerce inventory stays updated.

Pros

I really like that I am able to customize our website and integrate third party apps & APIs easily. And the customer service, the customer service is top notch! Through migration and implementation, the Lightspeed team was right there. At a moment's notice, I can chat with the team or give them a call. Although I may be a one-woman tech team, I have help! It's such a blessing to have a support team for our business. It has been easy to integrate all of our business critical resources and provide a more unified experience for our employees. Employees can access customer data, order data, shipping data, marketing data and product data in one platform. I've been able to customize our store template to our specific business needs and design requirements. It's been a developer's dream.

Cons

My main dislike is that I don't have FTP access to my files on LS servers. This would be extremely helpful to optimize our images as needed.

I also would like to upload customer data myself. At this time, to upload customer data in bulk, I have to send the data to Lightspeed for import.

More options for discounts and coupons would be helpful - BOGO, Buy 2 Get One, or FREE Shipping codes based on domestic addresses only (not international).

Laurel

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

Not suited for small businesses, Big Box Store Perfect!

Frustrating. Doosync - the migration company, by the way was awesome!

Pros

I think it makes accepting online sales easy but that's about it for me.

Cons

I didn't realize how much I LOVED Lightspeed On-Site until we switched to Retail.
We were recommended to move to Lightspeed Retail because On-Site is old technology, however this program is way inferior for small businesses. Once we were contacted to move to Retail coincidentally our On-Site started having issues like our subscription wasn't renewed and our e-Com store was turned off randomly. Not really knowing what was going on... it made sense to change to the cloud based program they were really encouraging us to move to. Now that we have gone live I realize this program is not as complex regarding small businesses, and offers very little customizations for our personal style. I was told the Analytics feature for $1000 would give me the options I need to customize the program to our business such as implementing sales targets our staff could see and a customizable dashboard.... don't think it can. It really just gives you more reports than a one brick & mortar plus online store needs. It's not relevant. Also....we thought moving to retail with our physical and eCom store would run smoother and that gift cards would work between both platforms. Again... not the case. Gift cards are not available online nor can in store cards be used online without a lot of effort in making that happen. I think if you owned multiple stores that just reordered the same inventory and didn't care about labels or gift cards this would be the perfect system for you!

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the recent switch from OnSite to Retail. We see that you have been in touch with our Customer Engagement team and we encourage you to continue working with them.

Lightspeed POS

Replied 18/2/2021
Derrick

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

Not for restaurants

We had purchased the system for 3 of our establishments, and only installed it in 1 of them as a trial. Because of how bad it was, we decided to cancel our service. Even though we had not installed the other 2 locations and had used the product for 3 month in the one installed, they are forcing us to abide by our 3 year contract and pay the full amounts.

Even with having to cover that cost, which is completely unreasonable because 2 of the services were not installed, it is still much better and efficient for us to switch to another more functional service such as Cluster or Maitre-D.

I would not recommend this to anyone who has a restaurant.

Pros

Looks nice if you spend the time to set it up

Cons

Lightspeed has been a horror for us since the start. What we were presented at during the sales meeting made us very excited and happy, but the second the contract was signed, for our 3 locations everything went down hill. I had to pull teeth and send multiple messages and to get our installation done on time. And even at that they finished doing it opening day, and were debugging while we had to serve clients. And that is a whole other story.

The product itself looks good but really does not work for a restaurant. Little things like having a single client pay without closing the full table is not possible. Servers need to figure out all these ways/trick to speed up service without being slowed down by Lightspeed. Items cannot be sent to multiple locations at ones (if something come from both the kitchen and bar like a Caeser with bacon)

The reports are terrible. Items are split up in ways were the they are split if clients have payed 1/2 or 1/3 of the amount. So items like Natchos that are group type items, to no how many have been sold you need to add the full one, the 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, .... amounts. So extracting any information takes a long time. Many of the reports have numerical errors in them, and as such they cannot be trusted. Also, tyring to export hourly sales or receipts all have wrong times on them (our restaurant closes at 1am, yet it still show receipts until 5am)

It is not possible to use the inventory option in bar because they can only have units, it

Response from Lightspeed

Hi Derrick,

We apologize that you are disappointed with your Lightspeed Restaurant experience. We see that have been speaking with a senior member of our Customer Success team who is working with you to addressing your concerns. We would be happy to continue to work with you in resolving the matter, and coming to an amicable solution.

Replied 17/5/2019
Carole

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Lightspeed issues

not horrible not great

Pros

it's pretty easy, the inventory entering is easy, sales are easy. Reports are good, although none of them integrate, you have to pull 3-4 reports to get what you need unless you upgrade to way more $

Cons

This is an app based program, so there are definite issues using this with an iPad, which is how we run our retail store. The gift card has been a problem from day one which we have reported many time and have an open ongoing unresolved case. We purchased the gift card from the company they recommended and they both point fingers at each other, meanwhile it is a nightmare for our customers who have to sit & wait while we figure out how to make their return or issue a gift card. Still not resolved. The cache fills up and you have to delete the app and reload it or certain functions do not work, like getting a new customers name in the system. The last thing you want to deal with is deleting an ap and reloading it. Customer service on management level is incredibly slow to respond if they ever do. The day to day service is very responsive.
The rep also over sold us the program and sold us 2 registers and so we over paid $1,000 a year for 3 years until we caught it. Never heard back from upper management regarding a credit or a few free months.
They are very responsive when you are up for review though! ALSO beware of their own integrative payment processing that they tell you will save you a lot of $, not really true.Get it in writing. First of all they will take their fee right off the top daily, so forget trying to reconcile your statement with your daily reports. You will get paid for Wed, Thur & friday the following Tuesday...so your cash flow is delayed. Way slow!!!!!!

Clover and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Retail

5 years ago it was the best option.
Chrysie
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

Think beyond initial implementation

We are aware that every system has something to complain about. Overall we are happy with performance and support from LightSpeed. It's reliable and with the small amount of problems we have we are pleased.

Pros

It's a relatively easy system to navigate. Permission settings are acceptable. Reporting is decent but all very basic unless you purchase Analytics. We use the software for multiple locations but keep separate inventories at each location. We can easily see inventory at other locations, transfer inventory from store to store effortlessly. Creating inventory items is easy as well as setting up pricing rules. Able to customize receipts, labels, and transfer paperwork with some HTML knowledge. Sales are smooth as well. Split payments are pretty easy and relatively intuitive.

Cons

No really good way to do rentals. We are a tennis shop and rent/demo racquets. We had to come up with our own solution.

B2C eCom is great - and can use the existing inventory; we have it set up as a separate location so we can see all inventory across eCom and retail - until you want to add B2B. It's difficult and expensive to add B2B and have it work the same as eCom. We learned, much later, that we need to have a separate website, a separate database of inventory and we would not have visibility into this inventory from our retail or eCom side. Huge disappointment. The eCom module is not native to LS. They purchased the product and have integrated it into LS - so their APIs won't even allow you to have that visibility.

Support is good for the most part. Simple things, but, holy smokes the printing!!! First, you have to use Firefox to get the printing to work at all. But Firefox constantly loses the printer default settings. So swithching printers throughout the day between labels, transfers, receipts...causes Firefox to throw up allover the printer settings. This happens daily, sometimes several times during the day. It's ridiculous. Support doesn't give a good answer - they tell us to follow the documentation. But that doesn't fix anything. Many times during the day we have to go back into the Firefox configuration and reset the default printer. Painful.

Amit

Reviewed on 19/7/2017

Excellent software for growing businesses.

Overall the software is amazing and the good outweighs the bad and a tested about 10 different PoS softwares when I was shopping around and none of them encompass everything I have mentioned so i know my expectations are very high....which is why I state again...if they added in these features it would make them industry leaders and really a phenomenal PoS system. (its 90% of the way there for me...just a few more features and if would be the best)

Pros

The integration with xero accounting has been a true time saver for my business. It transfers all sales data at the end of the day seamlessly so I don't have to. The ability to use the front end off site has been super helpful as well as it doesn't tie me down to the store and I can do a lot of my work on the go. Creating products, invoicing clients, setting up the main screen custom to what I want is extremely simple once you run through it once.

Cons

Theres a few simple features that are missing from the PoS software which I would like to see integrated and would make it hands down the best in the industry for small businesses.
1) Getting an integrated payment terminal that accepts chip, pay pass and swipe options would avoid any mistakes between manually punching in the amounts on the debit/credit machine and would avoid any back end work after the day closes to be able to balance the day
2) Allowing me to enter the details of the invoices (supplier name, invoice number, total amount being paid, gst, pst, etc.) that are being paid out on a daily basis and having that information transferred to xero would alleviate tons of paper work after the close of the day.
3) There is no way to pull out a month end statement for corporate clients that pay their account once a month. Checks have to be cross referenced manually with the bills that have been put on tab. You should be able to at the very least select which tab invoices are being paid from the list of invoices on the clients account. This would show which ones are outstanding at a glance rather than having to refer back to the paper invoices that the system creates.
4) A front facing screen to display pricing of items being charged, advertisements, and other information is something I have been asking for since day 1 (3 years now). And I would love to see this feature incorporated.
5) Having the ability to offer a discount for a bulk purchase is something that should be automatic.

Jeremy

Reviewed on 11/8/2015

Packed with features, with room to grow

Pros

Great reporting, easy to use simplicity. Constantly improving the software, interface, features, etc. It is superb for inventory management. Gift Cards are easy to use, re-use, re-charge, etc. Customer loyalty programs are being integrated, once more are integrated, this platform will be far above the competition.
This platform is great for starting small, or large. It has all the features you didn't know you would need. With constant feedback from customers like myself, they are constantly listening and improving the retail POS systems.
I know I list quite a few things I don't like, but the software's great qualities far exceed the negatives, which may be phased out sooner or later with updates.

Cons

Cloud based, when it has issues, you are stuck with just an iPad or Computer. Nothing can be done with the systems. No sales, no reports, nothing. The Technology division reports that they are working to improve infrastructure, so I hope that happens before the 2015 holiday season. They are a very popular POS system and are growing very fast.

Credit Card readers are subpar with Element Payments, but improving. Plus the EMV card readers are due in a couple of months. I've used both the headphone & lightning connector styles for the iPad. Each have positives and negatives. The headphone card reader wears out if you swipe alot, I swipe approx 25-50/day and its lasted about 8 months and is constant on reading cards. Lightning connector card reader isn't designed to be used while charging your iPad. So if you run 50+ transactions in a day on the iPad, you will need to remove the card reader to charge the iPad mid day, because charging the iPad through the card reader takes so long that the iPad uses power faster than its recharged, so removing the card reader to keep the iPad charged is a nuisance. Also the micro usb charging port on the Lightning Card reader looses its connection like all micro USB connectors typically do with wear. The iPad uses Wifi & Bluetooth all day for the internet and barcode reader, so it drains the power quickly. I may switch to the computer versions for holidays when we are busy and cant be recharging the iPad all the time.

When you create your account, be ready to be charged for each employee after you have more than 7 in the system. If you don't keep track of employee sales, times, etc using the system, then a single pin for each sale will work, but if you want to use all the employee tracking features for sales, time, you have to pay for each employee you add to the system after 7 I believe. I use 9-12 employees off and on, so I have to pay for each one for the full year after #7. The employee's should be included in the package price, up to 15, then have a price structure for the next 5, not each one. It becomes more expensive as you grow as a business and want to keep track of employee data.

It has no commissions structure. So if you want to give commissions, you have to do that manually with your reporting data.