Vend Reviews

4.2

4.2

About Vend

Vend is a cloud-based point of sale system for retailers of all types and sizes. Vend offers tools to help manage the customer experience, as well as sales, inventory, customer data and more. Vend is designed to work on various...

4.1

Browse Vend Reviews

• Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Vend POS

From customer service stand point, they are an amazing company, they will try to accommodate and go above and beyond to help you.

Pros

The system is very easy to learn, the report capability is what we like the most, having the ability to run report to analyze the sales and patterns, is very helpful in planning , buying inventory, since it is capable to also hold inventory, to send emails to alert when inventory is low, is amazing, we love the system for our small store.

Cons

Not much, we had some issues in the beginning with credit card connectivity, but not for any of the system fault, it was the way our store is set up with our internet, once all that got squared away, the system worked perfect.

Reviewed on 29/7/2018

So easy to use, even my Grandma could use it.

love using Vend. Its simplicity allows for quick training of new employees of all technological experience. However, the best feature is the ability to use it during an internet outage. We had this happen a few times where the internet went out, yet we were still able to conduct transactions. With our old POS system, an internet outage meant we had to close until the internet was restored. With Vend, there was no wait. We were still able to process sales and didn’t lose money. However, the lack of Priority Phone Support, while we haven’t yet needed it, is a little disconcerting. Adding this to all of the plans would create a near-perfect system.

Pros

absolutely love the ease of use of Vend. While I myself am rather technologically literate, some of my employees are not. However, because of how easy Vend is to use, they picked up on how to use it within an hour. I do also love the cloud services and their ability to keep running even through an internet outage. I did like that I had the ability to try out the product before purchasing. I realized within minutes that I preferred it so much more than my previous POS system. My favorite aspects are the value and price. You seem to get so much product at such a cheaper price than its competitors. I also liked that we could use our existing cash drawer and receipt printer with Vend. The loyalty dollars option is not something we currently use, but it is nice to know that we could always opt-in.

Cons

Even though I use Google Chrome as my daily web browser, I am not fond of the fact that this is the only browser that works with Vend. If an update breaks Chrome, then I am left without a POS system. I’m hoping that they fix this and allow other browsers to work with the system. I also do not like the fact that I have to pay an additional cost for Premium Phone Support. If I am paying for your product, I should have support that is available at the highest level and available when I need it. Sometimes, something is so important that it can’t wait for an email support response. This is something that definitely needs fixing.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey James, we love to hear that retailers love Vend! Thanks for your review of Vend POS − great to hear that training has gone well and that you’ve made good use of our offline mode, it’s really an essential feature for a modern POS. Vend is fully supported on Google Chrome and Safari, we cannot guarantee that Vend will work as it should on other browsers, some features may work and some may not. Sorry if that’s not ideal for your business setup and appreciate your feedback on this. We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best performance. Best, Lucia (Vend’s Community Manager).

Replied 27/8/2018
Baldwin

Reviewed on 16/9/2018

A great POS for starters and less tech savvy customers

This POS system seems more like a stepping stone. It gets you through the door to start your business but once you grow out of the beginning step you will quickly find the system isn't reliable, lots of crucial functions are missing and worst their customer service is almost useless. Most of the time we file for a support ticket the customer service replies with typical troubleshoot issues that we clearly stated we've done before and waste our time and when it gets to an actual technician they don't know how to fix it. I highly suggest for someone starting to use it to get a feel of what system they will need for their future but not something you will stick with for a long time.

Pros

Easy to use, has lots of functions that other software doesn't come with out of the box. A great start to get your business going. It looks clean and the UI is the nicest looking one so far we've seen. They have a free front display app for a second ipad so you can have a customer facing screen.

Cons

Lacking crucial functions to actually run a business. No real reporting, often system goes down. The system lacks any mass editing features unless you export the database into csv and re import it. Not efficient if you need to adjust tags in large batches because the exported CSV file, all the tags are in a single cell.

The system lacks stability, we have been using this system for more than a year and it's been going down on crucial moments. Right now the system is slow to sync to Vend server causing sales screen and transaction not to be processed. This has costed us many sales specially at crucial times.

Their customer service is great, nice and friendly but virtually useless. Not once has any of our issues been resolved. It was either an issue that resolved itself over time I guess they fixed it on their back end or we have learned to just live with it.

You have to pay for individual cashiers. So if we were to want to do an event and have an additional cashier it would cost a lot more than what it's worth to have an additional cashier.

Reporting is very basic. If you need numbers that for example compare data points of last week's sales vs this weeks sales by day vs by hour to know which day of the week is your strong day and which hour of the day is your peak you can't do it. Unless you do everyone stat as an individual data pull then you can get the stats but there is no clean visual display to arrange the data neatly so more work is to be done.

Very simple reporting such as what do we have in our inventory of type A vs Type B to know what we're lacking in inventory is a many step process to pull which results in more work.

Top Vend Alternatives

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

Great cloud based software. Very friendly for businesses looking to grow.

Better overall control of my entire retail business and its 5 locations. Vend should consider adding time clock functions for users to clock in and out, and to create new sales information from those users like sales per hour, etc.

Pros

Inventory tracking features. Being able to see all outlets inventory at the same time. Inventory transfers are very intuitive and easy to perform, same with stock orders.

Cons

Pricing and sale discount features aren't easy to apply for a membership type of system. Updating Price Books is a hassle as its current layout for each price book is not easy to navigate if one product's price needs to be changed inside of a price book with hundreds of products.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey there, thanks for your review of Vend POS. We agree Vend's the best point of sale for businesses looking to grow! If you're wanting to add extra staff management functionality, check out the Vend + Deputy integration. Deputy is a cloud based all-in-one employee scheduling, time & attendance, tasking and communication platform that you can connect to Vend for greater insight on sales trends and labor metrics. You can also use Deputy to schedule staff based on Vend sales data, report on staff wage vs sales percentage to optimize team performance, and the Deputy iPad kiosk for clock in/out is the perfect companion for Vend iPad app. You can find out more about that here www.vendhq.com/product-add-ons. For running discounts we suggest using Vend's new Promotion features, which will save you time, let you easily customize your offers, and help you move inventory. You can find out more here:www.vendhq.com/whats-new-in-vend/vend-promotions. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager

Reviewed on 15/7/2022

Vend used to be the best, but now it's Lightspeed X

The more they iterate on the software, the more they remove useful features. Combined with how much they cost, there is a stronger choice out there (php pos)

Pros

This is the most bulletproof POS for the money. Everything that works, works better than other platforms.

Cons

They kept raining the price of the pos until they were sold to Lightspeed. Lightspeed is making changes so quickly that their own documentation is pretty worthless. Vendors they work with will call you with sales calls.

I also don't like the continued removal of features (sorting by qty, eccomerce, sales ledger)

Shanna

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

What a P. O. S.!

Horrible, we have had nothing but trouble. Yes it's better for us in some ways than our prior POS, but at such a great cost of effort that we would never recommend it to anyone and constantly are on the look out for a better POS!

We are implementing scanners to help fix inventory issues, as it is though I do not trust their inventory correction system and we use spreadsheets and the purchasing/returning system instead of the inventory count system. Often if the product is the same price I will use a sale entry to swap the two, but we have noticed items we knowingly sold (with sku'd tags) that still show up as on hand, so I'm not sure there isn't more wrong with this system. In other words, it can't all be from 3 people making mistakes in one system when we all discuss and get frustrated by it on a daily basis!

Pros

Ecwid integrates seamlessly with vend. I wish we could use Ecwid as our main POS instead of Vend, but it is only a website shopping cart plugin or tablet app, and we need something that runs on a PC. We don't like Apple products, and wanted a PC interface instead of a tablet, due to our volume of products.

Cons

1. The cloud sync isn't accurate. Their database will overwrite changes a users makes if your internet isn't "fast" enough AND you have to clear site settings daily or hourly (depends on volume).
2. The reporting and ordering functionality is limited to your Excel skills. Advanced Excel knowledge is a must: Pivot tables, vlookup formulas, concatenate, lots of files to save and track. You cannot do this through the system easily UNLESS you order the same product from the same vendor every time, lucky you!
3.The product export actually can come in handy when the system goes down on Vend's end, because when it goes offline, the only way to find a product in the sell screen is by SKU (so know your SKUS!)
4. This is one of the only POS's that doesn't have both a UPS and SKU field! Duh guys, this is a POS 101 feature!
5. You can't do a mass upload to change products like they say you can. I've tried it multiple times. It has never worked.
6. When you create a product, it creates a "handle" based on the name you created, so don't make any mistakes when you create a product or it will permanently impact the handle of that product.
7. Their search feature is a 3rd party provided feature, which fails to provide any results unless it is an exact match. For example, a product named TFV16 will not populate when you search V16, or vice versa. It's an exact match (word order, spelling, exact!)
8. My staff can't use the program, our inventory is a mess due to difficult contrast, laging!

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

We have been using Vend for our retail business for over 5 years

We have been running a multi-channel retail clothing business using Vend POS as our platform for inventory creation, management, and in-store sales. It is a reliable, feature-rich, and versatile web-based software solution that is simple to set up and use daily.

Pros

For our retail clothing business, we have been using Vend POS in our shop to manage inventory and run in-store sales. The integrations we rely on are Shopify for e-commerce as well as Xero for accounting. Vend POS has been a generally pleasant experience and they have improved the web-based POS platform tremendously over the course of the past five years and continue to do so. The Vend Register iPad app allows for simple commerce with an integrated credit card processor solution. The Vend web-based UI allows us to add and manage inventory with relative ease. Vend is a flexible POS solution that is used by foodservice, construction, and all kkinds of industries. Their variant setup is flexible enough to handle different types of products. The reporting suite is fantastic and allows us to analyze actionable data to make good decisions.

Cons

There have been various bugs, issues, and UI inconveniences over the years. Generally customer support is very responsive to tickets we create however it is usually a long turnaround to actually address any software improvements we have asked to be made.

Stacy
Stacy

Reviewed on 5/1/2017

Customer Support is Amazing!

I love the functionality of VEND. I like how you can categorize products as well as search for them. They continue to improve their software offerings to accommodate the needs of the retailer. Whenever an issue came up, they were immediate to respond and resolve the problem. Their training team is amazing! No surprise hidden expenses!

Pros

Great product for running a retail store! The product works very well and set up is quite easy.

Cons

Depending on merchant account, the software doesn't always allow refunds to be performed at the till (iPad).

• Industry: Music

Reviewed on 10/2/2021

Full of Functionality

We use Vend in a guitar retail and repair shop to keep our inventory and repair prices organized.

Pros

Vend has a very versatile and flexible workflow, with lots of features and options to work for most any retail scenario your business may face.

Cons

With all the features and options, many of them are tucked away in submenus, and therefore provides a steep learning curve if you lack someone to tutor you.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017

Excellent POS system

Love it & use it daily.

Pros

It connects with our calendar and we can take a payment right from there & it populates their information automatically. Its easy to add products and services

Cons

The register has to be manually closed. Wish there was an automated close feature if it's not closed by a certain time of the evening

Peter
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 21/2/2017

Staff that enter in new stock items, are also be granted access to All your sales history

We have been using Vend for 2 years in a retail shop.
Cons;
Beware Employers if you want your staff to enter in "new stock" no matter how junior they maybe they will be able to see all you sales history totals daily monthly, your financial health. Are you ok with that ?
If you don't have many new stock items then that may be fine, but in my case we have new products monthly so all my staff get to see how the business is doing and they see the big amounts of money coming in leading to discussions and justifications about the expenses with union delegates. Would you as an employer really want that, all your sensitive business data out there for all who enter in new stock to see ?? Would you be ok with a competitor finding out you business health ? I,m not. !!

Moving forward what I would like to see in Vend is a stock entry window, or a class just above general cashiers but, below managers for stock entry and stock management, creating new items etc.

Well that is my only Con .

(Pros)
If that mentioned above is not a problem for you then the rest of Vend is great !!!
Download it and try it out for free, see if it is for you .

For me sadly, it's a deal breaker and after two years I'm looking for another POS solution.

Pros

Great easy to use systems on the front end, stable data base that despite having over 6,000 items with in it doesn't miss a beat. It professional looking. Elegantly handles discounts by either % or by dollar value. Great reports. Integrates well with Xero and my website.

Cons

Beware Employers, anyone who can enter in new stock will see everything, sales history, reports, you sensitive business data, your business health. Download load it try it for yourself. I have raised this with Vend, and my response back was "Is this really a problem?".
For me it is.

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

Keep looking - this is debilitating to our business

Terrible, really wish we could turn back the clock and pick a different system. A full year of frustrations.

We can put up with a lot of issues, and recognize no one platform is perfect. But going 3 weeks without a response from Vend support in a busy retail environment has destroyed any chance of ever recommending this group.

Pros

Simplicity (or so it seemed), multi-outlet.

Cons

It's simple because it doesn't work. We literally have buggy issues every week, and it's been a year of using it. And we're not attempting difficult or creative issues. Very basic retail tils, on hardware recommended by Vend, setup according to their specs. It just constantly has problems. Dropped sales, problems with software, reporting issues... you would think these are our issues (Vend blames everyone but themselves... that's a BIG IF you actually connect with someone from Vend - we've waited 3-4 weeks for a response from a person). Their system is great at auto-response - happy, you're the most important, etc... but never get a call (even when scheduled and agreed).

What do we like least? Constant bugs and ZERO support. Also tired of Vend blaming everything else except themselves (we had no troubles with previous POS before we switched to them, great IT on our end, huge internet package, etc.).

steven

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

All features one needs in a POS system, including integration with shopify made it an easy...

There are a lot of POS systems out there. I researched most of them before deciding on Vend. Anything you think that a POS should do, Vend does. There's no 100 percent perfect POS, but Vend has the most features and is easy to use. Plus no extra software or hardware is needed.

Pros

Shopify integration, bar code scanner integration, Quick Keys, reports, ability to list detailed product info.

A big thing is remote login. I can check to see how my employees are doing at any time from any computer. I can also edit any part of my Vend information from any computer.

Cons

While Vend recently updated the way one enters product information by reducing the number of screens needed to enter or edit a product, there are still some areas of Vend that could use the same type of update. For example, after I'm finished entering a new product, there should be a button to click on that says "Enter New Product." Instead, I have to go back to the main Product Menu and go through a couple of screens to start entering another product. Not a major difficulty but this is one example where you have to go back to the main menu to access other parts of the software.

MS

Reviewed on 20/6/2018

Program is a works in progress and poor communications

Great range of features and a good simple starter inventory management system , but the program is a works in progress and can be frustrating.

Pros

Neat, simple and easy to use, starter price was competitive. Good inventory management features, which feeds into the POS system, simple reporting and it has the capabilitiy to link to Xero.

Cons

I have had similar problems with others, when VEND update or upgrade the program, which seems like every 2 months, it plays havoc with the data inputting and adding new product, and with VEND, it is imperative that you input the data accurately when you add a new product. Plus, they are not good with communicating that they will be doing an upgrade or making changes to tariffs, which might affect the functionality of the program. I have been trialling the system for a year, and I am rather nervous of enabling the xero integration, as it might not be accurate information that is being fed thru.

Response from Lightspeed

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Vend. Happy to hear that you're finding Vend easy to use and enjoying the range of features, including inventory management. Sorry to hear you've had trouble with an update. Updates are always done to add value to Vend and our team thoroughly research and test all updates before releasing them. Our friendly support team are able to help should you need assistance or have questions about any updates. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Cheryce
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Vend is awesome

Overall this is a good software and I would recommend it for use by retailers as it can be very beneficial to analyze business growth and failure.

Pros

1. It is a web-based application that is accessible from anywhere.
2. You are able to be very detailed with your products (ie colours, SKU, Size, quantity etc) all in one entry
3. The reporting system which is provided is just phenomenal, very detailed.
4. The interface is very user-friendly
5. Customer database that is created is very easy to access
6. Technology for barcode scanner, Bluetooth printers etc is very on point.

Cons

1. Once your subscription expires you no longer have access to your business information.
2. Phone support is not available outside the USA
3. Email correspondences take a very long time and often times the communication is off
4. Can allow editing float amount entered especially by the manager, not cashier privileges.
5. Does allow you to create an actual quotation or estimate but can use the park sale option and void if not necessary.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey Cheryce, thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of Vend POS − great to hear there are so many features and functions of Vend that you're enjoying using! Wonderful to hear that you're finding our reporting phenomenal, that's exactly we love to hear. In regards to subscriptions, you have the option to put your account 'On Ice' for a small monthly fee if you wish to retain the data. In regards to Vend support, sorry to hear you experienced a slow response via email and weren't 100% happy with the response, we've been making some changes in this area to improve a few processes. Phone support is available in all countries on all plans. Hope that helps and do reach out if you need assistance with anything - our team are here to help. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Gina

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Customer service is superb and interface is intuitive, easy to learn.

Cloud-based POS.

Pros

Easy to use features, very sleek and clean navigation. Out-of-the-box website design options are plentiful and easy to use. We have the premier technical support package and they are always accessible and helpful.

Cons

We wish we could customize our receipt. The customization possibilities are limited in both design elements and reporting. Also wish updating the price of a single item and all its price books could happen in one step.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey Gina, thank you for your review of Vend POS. Delighted to hear that you are enjoying Vend so much and have had such a wonderful experience with our support team! That's exactly the type of service we aim to deliver at Vend. Good news - receipts are customizable! Go here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/201378310-How-do-I-set-up-my-receipt-template to find out how to customize your receipts. Hope that helps! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Replied 15/6/2018
Norma
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 13/6/2018

Its easy to use in a variety of laptops and Ipad.

I can record what are my weekly sales, to give my employees comision of their sales, to check inventoroy.

Pros

That I can open it from a different location and different device. Its user friendly. I can send email invoice to clients. I can accept partial payments.

Cons

Sometimes makes changes that im not aware of. Sometimes dont get custumer service. Sometimes I dont find in the frequently asked questions how to do some options.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey Norma, thanks for your review for Vend POS! Happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's functionality and ease of use - that's what we love to hear! Vend's customer support team are available 24/7 so if you ever need assistance please don't hesitate to reach out. If you would like to give us some more specific feedback you can submit a ticket with our friendly support team here: https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager).

Lucinda

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

This system is pretty easy to use and I love the ability to scan items, saves time

Pros

The ability to scan items. Entering inventory is easy. Looking up prior sales is easy.. Customer service is fast to respond and help with any problems i may have

Cons

There are some things it doesn't offer . The overall sales summery is a little confusing. I have problems when entering the product in the brand section, it blinks until I type something in

Response from Lightspeed

Hey Lucinda, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. So happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's support team and our POS usability, especially that it saves your business time! That's exactly what we love to hear from retailers. If you have any specific feedback about features you'd like to see on Vend or need technical, please submit a ticket with our friendly support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. They'd be more than happy to help! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Freda

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Vend POS software is very user friendly, but what really excels is the customer support

Pros

We had never used a POS system before, so we were a little intimidated by the thought of having to input our inventory. However, the ability to use .csv spreadsheets greatly facilitated the process of copying the inventory from our accounting program.

Cons

Vend will occasionally change the format of a page or category unexpectedly: for example, when a product is added or edited there is no longer the choice to add a sales code and a purchase code.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey Freda, thank you for taking the time to review Vend POS! Delighted to hear that you're pleased with how user friendly Vend is to use and that you've had a wonderful experience with our support team. We're always working on how we can improve Vend to make it even better so occasionally there will be changes. If you have any feedback about a particular change please do let us know via a ticket with our support team. Your feedback is important to us and will help us make Vend POS the best it can be. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Krishna

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Easy to use and well documented POS.

Organizing hotel vending area and tracking inventory.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use. Customer support is always helpful. Can input wide range of SKUs and QR codes to customize products that don't have them printed on.

Cons

Slightly pricey, needs to be logged out and back in sometimes. Some of the buttons to press could be bigger such as removing an item from order screen.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey Krishna, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're finding Vend easy to use and our support team helpful! That's exactly what we like to hear from our retailers. If you'd like to go into more detail about what buttons you think should be better, you can submit a feature request using the following link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Replied 18/6/2018
Andre
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Excellent & Simplified POS Software

The change to Vend works out very well according to an expense point of view. We've saved huge number of rands in POS equipment, support and consultancy expenses

Pros

It's really so natural to utilize, and preparing new colleagues requires just minutes, as the plan of the framework is instinctive and very thoroughly examined

Cons

VEND has a hearty contribution of elements and functionalities; however very much like any other software, there's no "great" answer for all organizations. To begin, Vend is certainly not an across the board POS arrangement. Since it's appropriate for retail organizations, it doesn't have fundamental elements for organizations in the food business to deal with their tasks, for example, endlessly table side requesting, custom menu and floor plans, and full-administration or quick relaxed administration.

Camille

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

Generally good. Not the perfect system for our services.

Time. I spend less time training and gathering data.

Pros

It was easy to set up the system. It works with our website thru Shopify app. The system is user friendly for the staff, so learning curve is brief.

Cons

Not good for tipped services, did not have untaxable sales calculation for first year i used it, does not sync well with QBO, delay in customer service response time.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey Camille, thanks for your review of Vend POS. Great to hear that you and your staff have found Vend so easy to use! Vend doesn't have a tipping feature as Vend is designed for inventory based retailers and tipping isn't commonly used in retail. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused your business. If you would like to provide more feedback, have any questions or need assistance with anything please submit a ticket with our friendly support team here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Replied 15/6/2018
Matthew
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 19/2/2019

Vend Is a Great POS Software, Just Wish It Was More Customizable

Pros

Vend is an excellent and fail-safe POS for small businesses. While data entry and inventory search functionality is generally a breeze, depending on the nature of your business or inventory, you may run into difficulties keeping categories of products isolated from one another. Stock orders are a breeze and staff is very helpful.

Cons

I only wish the interface was a little more malleable and user customizable as it seems that it's slowly being tailored to best suit its most standard applications, rather than oriented towards creative retail pursuits with singular demands.

Karen

Reviewed on 18/5/2018

This is POS for dummies! So easy to use and straight forward in functionality.

It is my POS system in our store. I love that it is internet based so that I can access it from home as well.

Pros

There really was no learning curve. Super easy to put in new products and very easy for my salesmen to use.

Cons

Few things that I would like to see: better functions to help organize clients and give my salesmen tasks to contact people. Also, I would like for there to be a way to force entry of the clients name on each sale. (probably just need people who do what they are supposed to do....). Customer service is not accesible by phone and this is sometimes difficult.

Larry
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

We grew up with this software because it forced us to follow their business methods. This has...

If Vend had training that worked, it might help. The register part of the program worked well to produce tickets. Vend would send an email to ask us what could be done to improve. I replied with a large list of problems twice but did not get a phone call to ask what they could do to help.

Pros

Vend has the ability to do almost anything, it just is not intitutive in many ways. Vends inventory entry method worked well. They gave a discount for paying ahead.

Cons

Their Layby program(Lay a way)it just was not good. We asked for help and did not get it. Also it would lose sales tickets from time to time. Also the drawer check out did not give all the info you would expect. There were many ways to make things happen and that would confuse people as to how to do something. I think it is good software but just did not fit us as we were at odds with it many days. We never did get it to interface with Quick Books online.

Response from Lightspeed

Hey Larry, very sorry to hear that you weren't happy with Vend point of sale software or your experience with our team. Most retailers find Vend very intuitive and easy to learn so it's disappointing to hear you don't feel that way. If you have any specific feedback that you'd like me to pass on to our team you can reach me via email on [email protected]. We wish you the all the best for your business. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager).