HoneyBook Reviews

4.8

4.8

About HoneyBook

HoneyBook is the centralized clientflow management platform that empowers independent businesses to deliver remarkable client experiences and operate with confidence. Use one platform to see what’s happening with all projects....

4.7
4.7

Browse HoneyBook Reviews

Anna
Anna

Reviewed on 5/7/2019

Game-changing software

Amazing! 10/10. They have an excellent team, and the software is so easy to use.

Pros

I love that HoneyBook allows me to get paid faster! The templates feature is amazing. Everything about this software makes the user a better, more organized business owner.

Cons

I wish HB wasn't so laser-focused on wedding professionals--I'd love for them to provide more features for other creative professionals as well.

Proposify

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I knew someone that worked there and he gave me his referral code!
Penny
Penny
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Best choice I made for my business yet

Payment processing was always a challenge until I found Honeybook. I love that the automated convenience of honey book. I set my templates, it does the rest. I send an invoice, it bills, reminds and keeps everything squared away. Not to mention it auto-deposits funds into my account. IT keeps me in business!

Pros

Running my own business where clients contract via email and forms through my website can get overwhelming when trying to keep track of small but important details. Invoicing, payment processing, contracts, client communication, client surveys and now they have a feature where you can connect with other local professionals on projects. Very useful.

Cons

I wish it was a little more upscale looking on fonts, colors and the user experience. My brand is more of a luxury brand so I want customers to feel like when they're being transferred to the contract or payment portion of our interactions that they're still receiving a luxury experience.

17hats

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The pricing at the time was really affordable to get into. I did the one time purchase instead of a monthly fee. They were super helpful and explained they would put all my company details in for me as well as add my email templates and my collection pricing for invoicing. They did this and it was a breeze to answer right into. Also, they have their mobile app so I can reply, invoice and book clients on the go from the convenience of my phone.
Tracy

Reviewed on 23/1/2023

Traumatized: 2 Years of Headaches then back Square 1

Traumatizing. They’ve got the right idea but not a single clue about operating a business. In the end, the lesson learned in my own business is to stop paying for headaches sooner rather than later.

Pros

Customizing the aesthetics of Client facing files was the reason we used it and the time invested in getting those things created, was why we stuck with it far longer than we should have. Regret every penny and every hour spent on this software, ultimately they “updated” their format (again) and we had to start all over - at our expense and time investment. They lost every payment dispute, dispute our never having lost one when we could handle them: our contracts are iron clad. You’re not given the choice to handle dispute: they must do it - they charge you for it too!

Cons

Customer service is pass-the-buck and no phone number and call backs hours to days later…don’t bother calling on a Friday afternoon, and if u do biz on weekends - too bad for you. Extremely slow to create something, it freezes, slow to upload assets, not intuitive to use whatsoever, help docs are vague. I once begged them to add non-gmail email and they told me their software was “not sophisticated” enough for me.

Typeform and Notion

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Already using Notion for biz operations, added the functionality of Honeybook to Notion myself using Typeform integrations. I wouldn’t have had the knowledge to do this 3 yrs ago when I started w Honeybook, learning Notion has been a fantastic investment of time and very inexpensive.

Top HoneyBook Alternatives

Maria
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Invoicing made effortless with Honeybook!

Creating an invoice on HoneyBook is a straightforward process. It guides me through the necessary steps, from inputting client details to itemizing services and setting payment terms. The customizable templates provided also save so much time!

Pros

Honeybook's easy-to-use invoicing features have set a new standard for efficiency. As a professional managing multiple clients and projects, HoneyBook has made the task of creating and managing invoices simple for myself and easy for my clients to make payments.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about Honeybook.

PayPal
Steve

Reviewed on 3/4/2022

The sweetest solution for photographers

Honeybook continues to be a game-changer for our photography business. It has been an integral part of our daily workflow for years now. This year they added calendar and booking functionality.

Pros

Love the customer service. Whenever I need help they are always right there. We use HB for every booking. As soon as a lead goes active, we start a new project and manage everything from communication to proposal to contact to invoicing with HB.

Cons

There could maybe be more freedom to customize but really it's just an advanced issue. First world problems.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Honeybook does so much more for us than just bookkeeping.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook is more accessible and ready to deploy.
Jessica

Reviewed on 13/2/2022

Your go-to, all-in-one CRM for small business!

Amazing, hands down!

Pros

Easy to use and so many features! The ability to go to one place AND have so many things automated is amazing!

Cons

There are little things that can be improved, but so does everything. I have voiced my suggestions to the HoneyBook team and they are passing the information along to try to improve my experience. Even without those being fixed, I still love HoneyBook.

Calendly and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Everything all in on spot was the big excitement for me!

Calendly and PayPal Invoicing

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I needed something easier for a non-bookkeeper/accountant but that I could still understand my business in. Plus, having everything in one place made it an easy decision!

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

A Great Resource For Small Businesses

Pros

One, they created flexibility with pricing; for someone who wants to use the platform but uses a different checkout option, there is a very affordable tier. That tier is also fantastic for those just getting started. I've always found it crazy that more platforms don't carry an option like this for beginners.

Since I've been with Honeybook, they have been improving the software; they recently just came out with a fantastic feature to take your lead or on a streamlined journey.

Cons

I hope they allow us to ACTUALLY customize our project pipeline at some point.

Not everyone has the same process, and there is stuff I can't take off because it's default.

I also wish there was an easier way to just send someone to the item to be sold page rather than taking them to a pipeline, we all get leads differently, and I'd like to skip a step for some people.

• Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Great for contracts and invoicing

I use the software for the valuable contracts and simplified invoicing. The added features of auto-billing and recurring billing is great. The increased transaction fees are unfortunate, whereas competitors offer quicker deposits vs Honeybook. There have been dozens of new features and expanded capabilities added to the software, however, I have never been able to learn the initial project features to try taking advantage of the new smartfile features. Hiring a pro is incredibly expensive.

Pros

Easy to use invoicing platformCRM helps maintain contacts and specificsContract templates are perfect for my needs

Cons

Payments take much longer to deposit vs competitorsThe pipeline and smart file functionality takes a degree to figure out. After two years I am still not using these featuresClients do not like the notifications on every change within their project

Square Online and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I thought I would be able to use the project management platform in Honeybook. The PM platform is not great and I switched to BasesCamp free instead. I often use Square for invoicing as the fees are lower and I receive the deposit faster without an extra free.

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Great All-In-One Tool

I love it. It's improved my clients' experiences working with me and helped me automate several processes of my business. It's been one of the best decisions I've made for my business.

Pros

HoneyBook has all the features I needed: invoicing, creating contracts and proposals, digital signing for clients, time tracking, etc. But it also has everything I wanted on top of those: automated workflows, email templates, digital brochures for prospects to click and choose, a pipeline to track everyone from inquiry to signed contract to deposit paid. Each tool is beautifully designed, and I get positive feedback from clients about how seamless the experience is on their end.

Cons

Most of the templates seem designed with photographers in mind. As a graphic designer, marketing consultant, and business coach, I have to adapt everything pretty heavily. However, HoneyBook provides an awesome foundation to start with and tons of flexibility.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and Fiverr Workspace

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

It's designed for me as a creative BUSINESS, not just a freelancer.
Victoria
Victoria

Reviewed on 13/6/2022

One stop project management

It's been pretty great for me. I'm runing a freelance business with just myself and it provides all the tools I need to give my clients options on my services and get them booked.

Pros

Honeybook is easy to use, customizable and easy for my clients to use as well. I like the projet portals so everything is there for my clients, emails go directly to them. Invoicing is easy and provides my clients with a clear concise copy for their records.

Cons

Sometimes editing things for a client when they don't like it is more difficult such as payment dates or legal terms if you include the contract with the invoice in the proposal template.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The price was better. My trial period went well and I understood the video tutorials and how to work everything the first time thorugh so I didn't see a need to switch.
Casey
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 26/7/2019

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

Pros

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

Cons

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

Planning Pod

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I felt that Honeybook was more customizable and offered more specific tools geared towards streamlining the areas that I needed help with most.
Janelle
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 9/8/2020

Organize My Squirrel Brain

Pros

Everyone kept telling me, "Honeybook is great, but there's a learning curve." So I was a little intimidated. They were wrong, I could jump in face first and start using it exclusively immediately. Even in the middle of a terrible time for my little business, I will pull all the strings I can find to be able to afford Honeybook. It's easy for me, easy for my clients and keeps me focused. It saves me time and energy and thats the most important thing!

Cons

The only thing I'm having issues with right now is making a brochure. It probably user error, but I wish it there more extensive editing capabilities within the brochure making operation. I will play around with it some more though.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Honeybook had more features to help me stay organized, email integration etc.

Dropbox Sign

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

I got a referral code and everyone kept telling me how great the customer service was.

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

Definitely a game changer!

Pros

I love how organized I feel using this product - I can see at a glance where I am in the process with all of my clients and it is amazing to pull up all the correspondence with each client in one place. It has made a world of difference and I am beyond happy with it!

Cons

The thing I like least is the limitation when building templates for contracts, proposals, questionnaires, etc. - I am in the business of photography and delivering beautiful images is what sets my soul on fire! I wish I could add some of my images into some of my documents and have full control over the size and their location in the document. The way it is set up right now is a square crop on any image which can only be left, center, and right page. Dubsado has the leg up on Honeybook in that regard but otherwise I am totally happy with Honeybook.

Dubsado and Pixieset

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Interface appearance, cost of the software.

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Pixieset does not yet have a CRM option - although it sounds like it's in the works. It ultimately came down to price when I decided to go with Honeybook - they had a really good deal for the first year.
Taylann
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 30/7/2022

Best business decision!

Incredible. I can't see us using any other program.

Pros

Integration with gmail for scheduling, payment processing and mobile app! Also, how easy it is to use and how it maximizes the client experience.

Cons

For our industry, it is lacking an edidable document such as a BEO or Event Details Sheet - I wish this type of document would be an option.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

Smaller company management and better fit for our current business.

Caterease

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Mobile app and integration with Gmail for scheduling tool.
Ariel

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

Honeybook is AMAZING!!!

My overall experience with Honeybook has been incredible. I use the program for contract, invoices, payment processing, reports, automations, client contact, calendars, questionnaires, and so much more!

Pros

What I love most about Honeybook is that most of my business needs can be handled through them! Aside from client galleries- it’s all done here on Honeybook. The program is organized, intuitive, and includes so many features! It’s easy to learn and use. I can’t imagine running my business without it!

Cons

I have no cons. This meets and exceeds all expectations that I would have for a CRM.

Dubsado and Pixieset

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

I made the switch from my previous CRM due to countless recommendations from others in my field. After my trial, I was hooked!

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook is so much more user friendly and easy to use!
Charlene

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Keeping it all together!

I have loved Honeybook since I first downloaded it...Customizing everything was easy and FUN! Any time i had questions customer service was super fast and nice...which makes everything easier!

Pros

I love that all my projects are in one space, and organized so I can see where I am with what at what time...with just a click!

Cons

I don't have a con...Although it is worth each penny that they charge, it is hard justifying when business stopped bc of a virus (which shall not be named lol) I wanted to keep it to keep everything together but could not when even communication stopped with clients for a while.

Natasha
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2/3/2022

Natasha Rae Artistry Review

Very user friendly

Pros

Streamlines workflow, templates are either already perfectly set up, or if not, so easy to make changes.

Cons

Con mentioned in previous question when asked how can you improve

Dave
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

I wish I had found HoneyBook sooner.

I can easily set up meetings, send proposals, get signatures and create subscriptions to my agency services.

Pros

HoneyBook has the features I need to run my small digital agency. I shopped around and paid too much for other systems which was frustrating. HoneyBook fits perfectly with my agency's sales flow.

Cons

Because I was migrating from another system with many existing clients, onboarding was challenging. I would like to have had a personal and live onboarding session with specific advice on how best to set things up. It took a while to find the optimal use for brochures, proposals, invoices etc...

monday.com, Asana and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook

HubSpot is expensive. It did work well, but they don't offer a price point for small businesses. A friend recommended

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to HoneyBook

The value. Great features at the right price for my agency.
Alicia
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 31/3/2023

An All in One Platform for Automatic Workflows

This is one of the best automatic workflow systems I have used. Perfect for maintaining contracts and setting up auto-billing. I love that it reminds you when you have new leads so that you remember to follow up. This is perfect for running my business.

Pros

This is a great tool for sending invoices, signing contracts, booking and scheduling appointments, tracking inquiries, managing projects, accepting payments, and sending forms. It is incredibly easy and fast to set up and use, this is a really powerful tool.

Cons

I have no complaints except that the proof reading capability could be enhanced in the platform and/or translation options available.

Square Online and Basecamp

PandaDoc
Javier
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 25/4/2020

Makes your Creative business Look 👀 and run like a champ!

I was able to put different packages together with pricing that reflects the complexity of the events, such as weddings or corporate events that require more interaction with the client's for planing and venue walk-thru’s which will require more of my time to finalize the bookkeeping side of things simpler. Less complicated events are priced lower allowing me to book more events based on The amount of time I spend with the client versus actually the work that needs to be done giving me more time being creative and last time running the business.

Pros

I have been with HoneyBook since it’s inception, I was fortunate enough to be one of the founding fathers. In the beginning, what attracted me about the platform was the ability to focus on getting my clients booked quickly by keeping everything in one spot through the iOS app or web-based interface and it has been relatively easy for them to use as well. They were already an amazing company with an outstanding product, and with each update they release, they continue to exceed my expectations and help me run my business on the go by making the complicated tasks seem quick and easy. BEST INVESTMENT EVER!! Thank you so much for bringing me and my entertainment company to the 21st century!!!

Cons

Definitely Would like to see a review questionnaire or rating system with an HTML generator plugin that could be used to post on my website or google ad. Updated training videos for the new features.

Morgan

Reviewed on 14/1/2019

Great platform

Love them and will always recommend them when I can.

Pros

I love that it makes everything so easy. you can send out your contracts, you can send out your emails, you can set reminders that will tell you when things are due you can send out invoices. If someone enters in their information through the contact page that honey but provides they put everything into the system for you that the client has provided to sell the name the email address all of that making it that much more easy for you . I also really love the customer service everyone is very professional and helpful and they go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. it’s also very easy to understand. It makes you look very professional as a business owner I highly recommend Honey Book

Cons

Honestly there’s not really a whole lot of cons the only one that I can think of is that the mobile app is not as interactive as if you were using a computer or laptop but honey book constantly works on improving things so I’m sure that in the future it will be fully interactive from your phone where you can check on things like bookkeeping and Send out contacts faster. So for me it’s not really a con just something to be aware of other than that I really honestly can’t really think of any cons.

Amanda
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 24/9/2018

Honeybook Makes Running a Business Less Time Consuming

Honeybook has saved me HOURS every week - which for me means more time with my family and less time in front of a screen. It's so easy to add projects and keep all communication in one place for reference, and the option to add files to each event keeps everything in one place which is GOLDEN.
On the back end we love the reporting function for taxes, tracking how we are doing and our goals.

I can't speak enough great things about Honeybook!

Pros

Honeybook does a great job about giving you the ability to customize your proposals, brochures, invoices and more. The calendar being linked to google is AWESOME and not having to track down late payments is great so I can focus on my client's and their goals.
They're constantly updating, adding and expanding the services which is nice as our business grows too.

Cons

There are some kinks, especially if trying to work it with a team of employees that are not the best and if you aren't careful can result in double coverage or gaps.
The timeline feature is helpful when it's not constantly freezing or crashing and is basic but when workings awesome!

Quickbook link - doesn't completely speak with Quickbooks so if you also link a bank account it will result in double entries and occasional mis-logs. For us it was easier to disconnect, fix the past and just compare moving forward.

Marek
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 22/5/2023

HoneyBook Review

Overall, my experience with HoneyBook was positive. The platform streamlined my client management processes and helped me stay organized and efficient. The ability to centralize all client interactions, from initial inquiry to final payment, in one place was a game-changer. The platform's user-friendly interface and customizable templates allowed me to create professional proposals and streamline my workflow. While the reporting and analytics capabilities were somewhat limited, the overall experience with HoneyBook was excellent, empowering me to deliver a seamless client experience and grow my business effectively.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about HoneyBook was its all-in-one platform for managing client interactions and business processes. The ability to streamline and automate tasks such as client communication, project management, invoicing, and contracts was incredibly valuable. The intuitive interface and customizable templates made it easy to create professional-looking proposals and streamline my workflow. Additionally, the collaborative features, such as the ability to share files and communicate with clients in real-time, enhanced the overall client experience.

Cons

While HoneyBook had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited reporting and analytics capabilities. The platform provided basic insights into my business metrics, such as income and project status, but I would have appreciated more in-depth reporting and analytics features. It would be beneficial to have access to more comprehensive data and visualizations to gain a deeper understanding of my business performance and make data-driven decisions.

Paige
Paige

Reviewed on 7/6/2018

Not User Friendly - Difficult Learning Curve

Pros

Keeps contracts in one place, able to accept credit cards. You can network with other vendors, and they seem to really concentrate more on this than actually developing software that works well.

Cons

I am a "founding" Honeybook user and bought the lifetime membership. At first, HB was very convenient. The learning curve was very frustrating as the online software had many MANY bugs. It still does. The entire premise behind the software was to free up your time, have all your projects in one place, sign contract, get paid, etc. Yes, great idea! However, the software has so many glitches! You're not able to even edit a person in your contacts. Their customer support team used to be great you could actually message a real person - now you have to wait a day or two to get an email answer and most of the time they just send you a link to deal with your problem. Once you email your client the contract, everything goes down the Honeybook "rabbit hole". My clients are tech savvy and they can't even figure out Honeybook - the emails that I've received from frustrated clients is numerous. Save your time and money and get another online software that will actually do the job - like Sprout Studio or Dubsado. Wish I would have done that from the beginning. Regretting my purchase since my lifetime "membership" isn't transferrable and Honeybook continues to make money off of me by accepting credit card payments. I looked at 17hats, which also didn't have great reviews before I purchased Honeybook. Moving on, however, I'm assuming that the process will not be easy transferring existing contracts and other office files.

Laura
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/4/2018

Excellent platform for making my design business both faster and look more professional with...

I got my life back and my business is doing better than ever!

Pros

So I was stuck spending tons of time neglecting friends and family trying to make ends meet with my freelance design business. One day I said enough is enough so I went out and tried a lot of all-in-one software products for people like me.

I tried out 17hats. It was buggy and missing some key features. I tried Dubsado and their platform was minimal and just didn't "flow" with my creative business style.

After a couple other platforms, I gave HoneyBook a try as a friend said they loved it and wow did it fit like a glove. It took a little time to get it fully ready to mesh with my business, but this is the real deal. I get paid faster, clients are signing up for more and more projects and having a one stop shop to run my business versus going between a bunch of free products like spreadsheets, email, invoicing ... I def recommend this to anyone looking to take their creative business to the next level.

Cons

no cons really, only thing I could have done was sign up for this sooner and really focus on spending the 2-3 hours getting my business plugged into HoneyBook as soon as possible