Paychex Flex Reviews

About Paychex Flex

Paychex Flex is a human capital management solution that's designed using web-based modular technology and a dedicated service center to help meet the HR needs of employers of any size and industry. With a single login, users can...

4.1
3.9

Browse Paychex Flex Reviews

1,565 of 1,565 reviews
Victoria
Victoria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 24/3/2023

Great payroll and hr employer/employee program

Overall I've had no problems with paycheckflex really other than the direct deposit not transferring over from my job profiles but other than that it's been a really awesome experience it's been easy to use friendly and just great it's very useful and I do appreciate the software and I continue to use it to this day

Pros

On some pros are that it's easy to use the interface is set up really user friendly it's sectioned off and your different jobs you know your pay your schedule your onboarding your your stuff you need to complete for HR or assignments places to message people ask questions you can view when your check gets deposited or written how many hours you worked all sorts of things like that and your vacation time and it's just it's really easy and it makes my job easier and it makes knowing what I'm doing for other people who are using it easy and I get paid on time if not early actually for me not everybody does though and it's all right there like I can print off my w-2s I can print off my tax paperwork message my employers or employees and manage my benefits and everything it's a really great system.

Cons

Honestly the only thing I don't like is if you have multiple employers on there and you put in your direct deposit information for one it does not automatically carry over to another job if you have multiple jobs at the same time so there for a minute I was getting a hard check because I thought that that information that I just entered for a previous in my other employer that I'm still working would go through to my next account but it does not you have to manually re-enter that

Sara
Sara

Reviewed on 13/3/2023

Paychex Flex is a simple and straightforward system

Paychex Flex's interface has always been straightforward to use; the admin dashboard is full of useful information and it's impossible to miss any updates or notifications. Our less technically-inclined staff members have no trouble navigating the user dashboard.

Pros

I manage the company's administrative tasks, including Payroll, Onboarding, and HRS. There is no way to overstate the amount of time it has saved me. About 5 minutes are all I need to do payroll, and that's only when there's a new employee.

Cons

The ability to look at Payroll records dating back more than two years. There are numerous Payroll Representatives. Inconveniently, I have to deal with a separate point person for each functionality.

JILLIAN
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 1/4/2024

BEST DECSION

PAYCHEX IS OVERALL AN AMAZING SOFTWARE. ITS CONVIENENT AND AVAILABLE TO VIEW PREVIOUS FILES AND W2 AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR!

Pros

PAYCHEX HAS BECOME ONE OF THE BEST SOFTWARE SYSTEMS WE HAVE. VERY USER FRIENDLY FOR NOT ONLY MANAGEMENT BUT EMPLOYEES AS WELL.

Cons

IT WOULD BE BENIFICIAL IF THE PDF WOULD BE AVAILABLE AS SOON AS PAYROLL IS COMPLETED INSTEAD OF THE END OF THE WEEK.

Top Paychex Flex Alternatives

Carla
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 1/2/2024

Who was the Challenge

Very frustrating. Time and Attendance wasnot set up to cover varied time schedules. Majority of our staff work 7 hours or less and it calculated employees PTO at 8 hours.

Pros

We had a difficult payroll and many on the implementation team became frustrated all except our Payroll Manager. She was patient and work with us to get a great product. Even when we decided to leave Paychex, she follow-up to see if we still needed their services until our new payroll vendor was able to get our payroll set up in their system.

Cons

The system is hard to use. Many of the features convert back to original features. The system nor the training received from the implementaion team did not allow the Administrator to make minimal employee information changes. This was frustrating. Also, the assist feature was outdated and was hard to follow the steps to rectify an issue using the help assistant. As well, CSR was not able to assist with any issues either. Very frustrating.

Certipay Online, Slack and ADP Comprehensive Services

Reasons for Choosing Paychex Flex

We went back to the payroll provider we left.

Certipay Online

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

Memeber of our Board of Directors was solely against the other options.
Kim
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/2/2024

Enjoy a five star experience with this awesome software.

It's ability to look at payroll records dating in more than two previous years made it the best choice for us Everything went well as we expected.

Pros

Use it to expand your business as it provides the best solution for any arising problem.Our payroll is now made easy and more simplified.Its a very easy to use software which doesn't take a lot of time to implement.Through paychex Flex system everything is under control.

Cons

Their customer service is a bit slow but we had to cope up with it.

Katrina
Katrina

Reviewed on 15/9/2023

Paychex Flex is great for completing payroll

I appreciate being able to check on the 401(k) and have the money go straight into employee accounts, saving time and effort. Since insurance coverage is now related directly to who has enrolled in which plans, processing payroll has become much more efficient.

Pros

From either the employer's or employee's perspective, the website couldn't be simpler to use. Filters and stored views make it easy to customize your payroll experience based on your current needs.

Cons

Over the years, I've seen a few different specialists. Obviously, not everyone has the same potential. When my allocated person hasn't been able to help me, I've found that the online chat staff is quite responsive and helpful.

Alan
Alan

Reviewed on 30/9/2023

PayChex is one of the best and easiest payroll programs

Payroll processing is tedious and time-consuming, but PayChex simplifies things significantly. Having a professional create and update the guidebook for you is also a huge assistance.

Pros

Payroll processing for my business can be done whenever I want, the interface is intuitive, and all employees have access to their own data for purposes of audits and tax filings. The time I used to spend on payroll and tax preparation is now mine. I was relieved to have access to Paychex reports when a PPP opportunity presented itself.

Cons

They're doing their best to improve the system, but in the meanwhile, it can be inconvenient to use while they work on it.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Physician

Horrific, the took payroll from another company out of my account.

Pros

Nothing, terrible product. I was originally promised coasts would remain the same my entire life with Paychex. [sensitive content hidden] LIED!

Cons

Staff and support. Salesperson lied! [sensitive content hidden] Stated my monthly costs would “never change”

Fassil

Reviewed on 27/3/2024

Amazing HR Capabilities With Paychex Flex

Pros

I like the applicant tracking features as well as onboarding capabilities
It is a great HR solution and also features Payroll capabilities

Cons

My experience been all good and no issues with Paychex Flex

Baylie
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 12/4/2024

Easy to use app and customer service is great

Great! Customer service was always kind and helpful. If it was something they couldn't fix or help with they always knew who to send me too

Pros

App on my phone is extremely convenient and easy to navigate
Never had an issue getting in touch with customer service for any reasons
The ability to look at previous paychecks is nice and paperless is great!
My managers always said it was the easiest way to keep track of all the employees

Cons

I have no cons regarding Paychex Flex! I reccommend to any business with multiple employees!

Cody
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Streamlined and Simplified Payroll Processing and Ancillary HR Services

Thus far, the experience has been positive and meets all needs of the company. Tax compliance, W-2s, time keeping, and benefits admin all went smoothly through a full annual cycle. The customer service response times are within a reasonable range, and the mobile app surprisingly is very useful due to the simplicity of the overall platform. Employees can also self-serve make a certain number of changes to things like addresses or banking info without the need for an HR team member to service such requests.

Pros

The ease of onboarding and implementation (compared to ADP, for example), as well as the streamlined processes that allow for staff who may not be payroll professionals to accurately run payroll & benefits to a high degree of efficiency.

Cons

The functionality for contractors isn't as great as some other providers I've used in the past (PayReel, for instance). Additionally, the level of sophistication for tax issue or researching problems from state notices, etc. isn't the best I've seen though it is certainly adequate.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Paychex Flex

Cheaper and more streamlined solution for a smaller company that may not require dedicated payroll teams and a very high level of white-glove service.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

Presented the clearest and best use case for a small to mid-size company which a mix of hourly and salaried staff. Also not having a dedicated payroll expert on the team necessitated a platform that is easy to use and does not have a steep learning curve (ADP, for instance).
Kanwal

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Great product

Customer service is the only downside. Otherwise, we are happy with the system itself.

Pros

We used to rely on our accountant in the past. This is a great way to have access to anything at anytime. Another perk is that the employees are able to review their tax documents remotely as well.

Cons

This is not really related to the software itself, but the customer service continues to be an ongoing problem. God forbid if you receive a notice from EDD or IRS, you'll be chasing behind people to follow up. I wish whatever forms are submitted, we can have access to them from a particular page along with the outcomes.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing Paychex Flex

We switched our time entries to Paychex Flex too because Timesheets.com doesn't have a proper tracking system for paid time off.

Timesheets.com

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

Price and everything being under one place
Nadezhda

Reviewed on 9/3/2023

Great Experience with Paychex Flex!

Overall, I had a great experience with Paychex Flex. It was easy to set up and use, and customer service was always available to help with any questions I had.

Pros

Paychex Flex makes it easy to manage payroll, taxes, and other administrative tasks. The user interface is intuitive and the customer service is excellent.

Cons

Paychex Flex can be expensive compared to other payroll software.

Sheila
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 25/5/2021

Best decision we every made

They have helped me to ease up my role in the payroll process and they have set us up on five recruitment boards to help us find employees and the whole hiring process is so easy and I don't have to be so hands on through the process.

Pros

The hiring/onboarding piece is amazing.
They set us up in less than 3 days and had us doing our first payroll within a week. They sat with us through the whole payroll process from start to finish to make sure we understood it all.
The Time and attendance piece is awesome and works so well for our staff

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about Paychex. It has met our expectations and continues to do so daily.

ADP Workforce Now and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paychex Flex

Paycor's customer service was awful and their program was not conducive to what we need as we continue to grow.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

We felt it did a better job of what we needed and wanted our HRIS system to achieve.
Timothy

Reviewed on 14/3/2023

I would rather do payroll myself than continue using Paychex

Terrible. Absolutely terrible! I will NEVER use this company again.

Pros

Every employee has their own login information

Cons

Customer support. I went through THREE account reps before deciding to find someone else, and NONE OF THEM would answer the phone, return calls, or respond to emails. I finally got the retention team on the phone, who assured me that my rep's supervisor would call me on a specific day at a specific time. That phone call never happened. When I spoke with the retention department again, they informed me it was because it was the supervisors last day in that position, as he was getting a promotion. A supervisor with at least 3 team members who cannot be bothered to speak to a customer and couldn't be bothered himself got promoted.

Gusto and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

They seemed like the better choice during the onboarding process. That all changed after I ran my first payroll.
Rachael
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 10/2/2023

Easy to use, great customer service

Due to issues when our account was created we had a huge mess to clean up at the end of the year. It was due to errors within our organization but Paychex went out of their way to ensure that everything was in order in a reasonable amount of time. I would never choose to repeat that scenario, but it did prove that they have exceptional customer service.

Pros

Ease of use. I started using the system without any prior knowledge and had no trouble finding my way around. Running payroll is simple and can easily be customized to how you prefer to enter.

Cons

If Paychex is also logged in, changes you make will not be saved. This does not happen often, but when it does it is useless.

QuickBooks Payroll and Auto Decision Platform

Reasons for Switching to Paychex Flex

We had an existing relationship with them for our partner company. We knew they were a suitable solution and did not take a lot to implement.
Teena
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 12/5/2023

Powerful and feature-rich payroll and HR management software

Pros

Paychex Flex is its extensive scope of elements, which incorporates finance handling, time and participation following, benefits organization, and HR consistence. The product likewise offers a versatile application, which empowers representatives to see their compensation stubs, advantages, and time-off demands. Its easy to understand interface, which makes it simple for clients to explore and deal with their finance and HR errands. The product additionally gives broad customization choices, permitting organizations to fit their finance and HR cycles to meet their particular necessities.

Cons

sometimes programming can be delayed to load, and that the announcing usefulness could be more vigorous.

Joyce

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

The Biggest Rip Off in the HR Industry

Working with PayChex was absolutely the worst experience we have ever had with a vendor. They are great when trying to sign you up but once you do they are impossible to get any assistance. Even cancelling them was difficult because the Off-Boarding team was supposed to call me to help the process of migrating our payroll back and all the necessary steps. 3 Weeks after cancelling no one called and they had the audacity to not only try and bill us but add charges because they tried to pull from our bank for payroll and we cut them off. They have lots of fees that I don't understand how they can justify. Taxes were calculated differently 3 pay checks in a row, getting someone to return email was impossible and when you call you basically get a rep who happens to be the one to get your call, not your supposed HR Generalist, which was absolutely useless. I never criticize publicly about an organization but this one was so very unprofessional and even made worse by the outrageous fees they charge. I would think twice!

Pros

- Paid on time
- Payroll documents easy to download
- Have minimum 100 letters and I don't have anything really good to say, which is a first because I believe in positive reviews and have never posted a negative one.

Cons

- Tax documents not where their website tells you they are and when you call for help they direct you to the place where the documents are supposed to be but not?
C
- HR Generalist does not return calls or emails in a timely manner if at all.
- Absorbent fees to use their platform (3 x payment of $1000) and another $500 per payroll period for 3 employees. This high price is supposed to be for dedicated HR Generalist, which is a joke.
- Very attentive when pitching to you and then the disappear and its a huge organization that has zero communication between each other and departments.

Meg
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 24/8/2023

Not fun or easy to use but it was an affordable option for the PEO

The only thing I liked about the Paychex Flex PEO experience was our lovely dedicated HR specialist. We had the same person every time and she was extremely helpful, always there when we needed her.

Pros

The PEO tier of service was affordable . The dedicated HR service provided with the PEO was nice as you had the same person working with you every time.

Cons

Extremely difficult to set up - scheduling features, time tracking features, GL mapping - it was a nightmare. When in need of assistance, customer service would pass you around from department to department, it was like nobody wanted to take accountability.

Reasons for Choosing Paychex Flex

We needed to get on a PEO for payroll.

Gusto

It was affordable.
Martin

Reviewed on 9/5/2023

Comprehensive HR Solution with Some Room for Improvement

While there is room for improvement, Paychex Flex has been a valuable asset in managing my company's HR needs. The comprehensive features and modular design have saved me significant time and effort, allowing me to focus on growing my business. I look forward to future enhancements to the platform.

Pros

As a business owner, I appreciate how Paychex Flex simplifies HR management. The platform's all-in-one approach makes it easy to oversee payroll, recruitment, and employee information. The mobile app is particularly useful, enabling me to handle essential tasks even when I'm away from the office.

Cons

Despite its shortcomings, I believe Paychex Flex is a valuable tool for managing HR tasks. The modular design and comprehensive feature set have saved me a lot of time and effort. However, I do hope they will continue to refine the user experience and address the occasional technical issues.

Jessica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

User Friendly

I love that Paychex Flex is very user friendly.

Pros

I use Paychex Flex to clock in and out daily, check my time card, request time off and for retreiving an W2. I love that this portal is very user friendly. Nothing is hidden. You can easily find what you are looking for using the tabs on the side. You can also customize your home screen to display what you are needed. As soon as I login in I'm able to clock in and out, view how many hours of PTO I have as well as paystubs.

Cons

I would improve being able to have more widgets in the home screen so you are able to see your time card and attendance right on your home screen. It would be easier to track.

Candace

Reviewed on 9/4/2018

Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!

The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Pros

Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Cons

Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Lot's of Payroll options but this one exceedes

Paychex has been a simple platform to use for time and attendance, payroll management and the reporting tools make it easy for side by side comparisons.

Pros

Paychex has an easy to view dashboard with customizable tiles and which allows you to tailor your experience based on your company. Time and Attendance flows easily and payroll is a breeze. The employee database makes it easy to reference start dates, end dates, pay changes and update banking on the spot. Their database of reporting makes it easy to pull report and customize based on our organization.

Cons

While we do have dedicated support on the account admin side these staff seem to change, so consistency with account managers can be a challenge at times. However, when we do work with them they are attentive and helpful in solving our issues.

Debbie
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 29/6/2018

Love the Ease if Online Benefit Administration

Survey software is not something that I usually recommend.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that I can do everything I need to do on my computer or mobile phone at any time of the day or night. The application is very easy to access and I administer payroll, 401k, health, dental and vision benefits, FSA and employee additions/changes over the application. Almost every service I utilize through Paychex is on this application. Invaluable! If I'm out of town I can still submit payroll! WOW! What a game changer Paychex Flex has been! The old way of doing business is out the window with Paychex Flex replacing it in a very positive way!

Cons

There is a couple of items that I would like to see enhanced. In people, I would like the ability to always pull up my preferred view of employees without having to click on the apply button. My preferred view is saved but will not display until I click on apply. Second, on the people drop down menu from the upper right corner, I would like the ability to select that view as well. When that drop down is selected I get all the employees that have ever been entered into the Paychex database - terminated and active. I want to be able to display just the active employees in that drop down. These are just enhancement requests that in no way affect the valuable pros of the application. The items in the cons are just "nice to haves".

Shenandoah
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

Out dated and impersonal

Pros

This product works fine for day-to-day activities but has failed to meet some basic requirements when anything out of the ordinary is required.

Cons

Customer service through Paychex has been very challenging for our business, which ultimately led us towards switching payroll service providers. Countless errors were made when switching contractors to employees, when terminating employees, and Paychex failed on many occasions to provide financial information and tax documents to various states we were reporting in. They were also unhelpful in providing documentation to various states and city governments while our company was dealing with past-due notices that Paychex should have been responsible for. Our account manager changed hands a number of times with no notice, often no notification, and without a clear line of communication. Overall, their lines of communication seem outdated for companies operating online and whatever 'personal touches' they may have been known for have been lost to the wayside of a digital communication age where information has the capability to be freely transmitted from one employee to another. I found myself frequently re-sending the same required documentation to multiple parties and asking the same questions time and time again which were either ignored or partially answered. Overall an incredibly disappointing experience for the years we were with them.