Webex Reviews

About Webex

Webex brings together Calling, Meeting and Messaging modes of collaboration into a seamless, engaging, inclusive and intelligent experience. Seamless collaboration across devices, locations and organizations • Use any computer,...

4.2
4.2

Browse Webex Reviews

6,920 of 6,920 reviews

Reviewed on 25/7/2019

Host Meetings Professionally!

Cisco WebEx keeps our meetings professional for both internal users and clients we work with! We've noticed that most people are familiar with the software and have used it before so it makes hosting meetings even easier.

Pros

WebEx is really easy to use and setup! From both the view point of the admin setting up a meeting or an end user who was invited to a meeting, it's all really simple! I especially enjoy how WebEx will automatically adjust for time zone changes since many meetings I'm joining or hosting are with people on the other side of the country. Screen sharing also works really well, usually I'd experience some bandwidth issues with other software but for some reason WebEx works wonderfully!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that sometimes if I'm joining a meeting that I have scheduled in my Google Calendar it won't work correctly. It should be able to load the meeting invite and join as intended but I usually find myself having to manually enter the meeting ID, attendee ID, and passcode.

Zoom Events and Webinars

Reasons for Choosing Webex

We wanted a more professional look and feel once we migrated from Google Apps for Business to Office 365 but didn't want to utilize Skype for Business.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Webex

It was pricier than most but because WebEx is such a familiar name with lots of users and so simple to use we felt the price and ROI was justified.
Kimberly
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Does what it needs to do, but is not the go-to software

Pros

I like the interface of Webex - some of our courts use it and it is easy to click through to the proper screen.

Cons

It did not always connect properly and left us waiting for other users to get on. They had to switch to web-based applications rather than the app to get in.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

Complex but a few shortcomings

We're using Webex to do tech meetings with US partners, and to manage remote meetings of local institutions.

Pros

It stands among the most feature-packed conferencing apps, and comes with dedicated hardware, powerful and extensive means provided to connect users to a conference

Cons

Even with lots of free bandwidth (both in the organization and in the remote connections) the audio can do 1-2 seconds lags, or the audio can just be bad for a few partecipants even if they have good audio and bandwidth, I suppose it's a server side issue. Can be resource hungry when there are >20 partecipants with video. The image quality using the Cisco room kit is underwhelming for its cost.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Webex

Webex has proven to be more reliable

Top Webex Alternatives

shaik mohd

Reviewed on 7/2/2024

as a user and a tester

it was good but there are some bugs which need to be solved as i tested the application

Pros

the features of the application i like the most

Cons

the design of the buttons and the options are't looks good when compaire to others

Sheshanka
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 3/3/2024

A decent conferencing service application but can get better

Pros

Has all the basic conferencing features. It includes audio, video, chat and screen share capability.

Cons

Ease of use is much better with other competitive tools like Zoom and Teams

Adrian

Reviewed on 16/3/2024

Great resource

Pros

Webex allows me to make and receive calls over VoIP. The call quality is great.

Cons

There is a couple second delay between an incoming call through the desktop and the mobile.

Mary

Reviewed on 12/3/2024

Meeting at ease

Pros

Webex helps us meet with our parents, our team and any other meeting needs we have. It is flexible and very user friendly.

Cons

I don't like that sometimes its hard to get the sound to connect on the computer.

Chelsea

Reviewed on 17/2/2024

Remote jobs should always use webex!

Pros

The simplicity of Navigation for users and administrators

Cons

I did not enjoy the frequent buffering it has.

Maria

Reviewed on 12/3/2024

Using WebEx for research meetings!

Pros

I mentor undergraduate research and LOVE using WebEx to schedule my meetings with my undergraduate students! The features on WebEx allow me to share research materials while also being on screen! It’s a great app,

Cons

Nothing! I think this is an excellent application.

Brandy
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 3/3/2024

Could be magic

Pros

It is really helpful to be able to have one-on-one conversations throughout a conference, which is why I adore it. Raising hands, surveys, and group discussions are all really nice and simple to use tools.

Cons

Each time you go among the individuals in the room, all of the camera screens need to refresh. It is really unsightly and affects the audio quality for half of the individuals in our room.

Kevin

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

Teleconferencing software with an enterprise mindset

Overall, the product works well enough. The features and quality of the video and audio work well to the point that we can perform paid consultations and workshops with our members. The interface is straightforward and is used by all of our technical and nontechnical staff on a daily basis with great success.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and set up from both an administrator and user perspective. We have been using this software for around two years, and we have had success with 1-1 Meetings, group meetings, company-wide town hall meetings, and large workshops or other events involving people from both inside and outside of our organization. The integration with GSuite email and calendaring works great, and the ability to have personal rooms along with persistent rooms for invited guests has been a big feature for us, especially with everyone working from home. Finally, the integration with the RoomKit devices in our conference rooms has worked really well with bridging together on-premise and remote workers during meetings and other collaboration sessions.

Cons

While there is a stand-alone application which can run all the time on your computer, I feel there is a fair amount of confusion as to if it should be used or to always simply rely on the web client for everything. Product features seem to lag significantly behind other solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, and I have found that WebEx is slower in connecting to meetings, and has lower video quality, than Zoom.

Nelson Kipchirchir
Nelson Kipchirchir

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

An awesome online meeting tool!

Pros

No too many logins needed just a meeting link, one click, and boom! you join the meeting
The application provides a very clear audio and video quality.
The number of people it can accommodate in meetings awesome.
The meeting still goes on even if the host disconnects or has internet connectivity problems.
The android phone application is very stable and anyone with a good phone can use it.
A good tool for conducting interviews online as it provides additional functionalities like a lobby and also meeting locking.

Cons

The pricing is slightly higher for individuals with a low budget. They should look into that
It also needs a very stable internet bandwidth.
I did not like the idea of using voice over the internet while using mobile phones. It also proved a difficulty for people who have no complete understanding of users to use the app on a mobile phone.

Reasons for Choosing Webex

The video/audio quality of Webex is awesome plus it has more additional features which make it easy to conduct virtual meetings more interactive as compared to other related products.

Kelly

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

The most reliable conferencing software out there

After having tried several other products, I have come back to WebEx time and time again.

Pros

I use Webex to teach continuing education courses at my local community college. I actually pay for an account out of my own pocket after having so much trouble with the software the college provided. Webex is very consistent. It's rare that a student has trouble getting on. It allows me to share my screen, record sessions, track attendance, use breakouts, share files and video. Really, anything I've needed to do. The phone app is very good and I've had to use it when my power went out during class. I just hopped on the mobile app and finished teaching from my phone.

Cons

The only downfall of the software is that users have to download a plugin to use it on their computer. Rarely do any of my students have an issue with it. However, people seem more resistant to downloading things these days and some of them do complain about it.

GoTo Webinar

Reasons for Choosing Webex

WebEx is the most reliable software I've used for teaching. I rarely have technical issues with it.

Reasons for Switching to Webex

I like the WebEx interface better.

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

User Friendly Collaboration Tool

Overall Webex has helped our organization meet with each other regardless of our location. It allows us to train new hires, schedule 1:1s with employees, or simply collaborate to bring out a project.

Pros

I have several favorites when it comes to Webex. I really like how you can schedule unique future meetings with recurring sessions and how you can also schedule ad-hoc meetings using your Personal Room. The use of the personal room is one of my favorites because you have your unique link that you can start whenever, or you can choose to not use your personal room and schedule meetings ahead.
I also like the new virtual background and blur features that were just released.

Cons

Sometimes it uses up a lot of bandwidth... that's to be expected. However, it can cause overload when you are sharing webcam and perhaps doing a demo on a product. Of course that is relative to your OS, but it's one of the things that I notice specifically when I use Webex.

Zoom Events and Webinars and Adobe Connect

Reasons for Switching to Webex

We chose Webex because compared to other products, Webex had a user friendly interface and it was pretty intuitive as well.

Reviewed on 22/7/2020

Best video meeting solution I've ever tested

Since COVID-19, I couldn't visit our customer and have a meeting on offline, so I should've find the way to solve this problem. First time I used Zoom for my video meeting but I had a bad experience while on meeting such as lack of signal or poor quality of voice. Therefore I found many video meeting solution on Google and tested 21 solutions last MAR. Finally I selected Cisco Webex. You can see my test experience below link.(You can translate via Chrome)

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

At now, I'm using Cisco Webex meeting when I need to have a meeting with other companies. This has very simple UI, so I had no difficult for having video meeting with my co-workers. Thanks to Cisco Webex, I can cover my customer when I need to have a meeting and communicate with Webex Teams when I need to share my contents(especialy large files). Although there are some weak point on Cisco Webex, I will use this until it appear other video meeting solution better than this.

Pros

- easy to use : no need to install client S/W for meeting, only can invite an attendee by 2 steps
- good quality of vioce : can hear good quality of voice and latency is under 0.2 sec
- network connectivity is always stable : I didn't experience for lost signal while meeting
- video screen adjustment : can increase or decrease video screen size and put wherever you want
- great collaboration S/W : I think that Webex Teams is better than Microsoft Teams.

Cons

- Language support : AI function can't use in Korean.
- hard to use in Webex Event : UI/UX in Webex Event is very complicated
- expensive : compare other S/W, I think that Cisco Webex is most expensive in this area.

EMEL
EMEL
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Perfect meeting and communication management with Cisco WebEx

In overall I'm very happy to use Cisco WebEx meetings while working in the office or during the business travels. Sharing information, getting or giving training, meeting with the team members or foreigners from distance never had been easy this much. WebEx increases our communication and sharing capabilities with it's many features...

Pros

HD video and audio conferencing is probably the best positive side of WebEx. Connectivity oprions e.g. landline or internet call also good. While you make the meeting, you can share your screen or even control other user screens and make some actions while controlling their screen as well. There are lots of ways to effectively use WebEx. Firstly, you may use mobile version (IOS, Android) of WebEx and quickly connect to your meetings while on the go. Secondly there are different add ons such as MS Outlook add on. This enables one-click WebEx feature; so that you can either add meeting link to your invitation or instantly start a meeting by just one click from outlook menu. There are also other tools like Record Meetings or Productivity tool, these give you change to increase efficiency; again by just one or two clicks.

Cons

Latest version of the WebEx has a very lean interface which makes it elegant but on the other hand some user controls are kind of hidden or hard to reach so you may struggle in the first hand; but can get used to by the time. Another drawback is the lag or slow down issue while sharing or controlling screens. I think the severity depends on your connection speed; but this is likely to happen if you use control features much. Lastly, connection with WebEx server may be an issue time to time; but I don't see this as a critical issue as it may happen with other service providers as well.

Veljko
Veljko

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Handles large meetings quite well, but people still join with two devices to avoid issues

It is being used by our client, big banking corporation, that trust the privacy of the platform which is probably the main driver for its choice. I've had much better user-experience with other similar software, but this being a "forced" platform to use, it's not that bad nowadays. Hopefully, they'd keep on improving it in the future as well.

Pros

I've seen webex meetings with about 150 participants and it worked without any issues. For big events it can even support the 'hidden participants' which is also great for hosting public events. Recently it got several updates which got rid of some of the most annoying problems with the platform (the "person joined the meeting" sound, people forgetting to mute themselves upon entering, ability to have co-hosts, introduced "push-to-talk" feature, easy switching between audio/video devices). Ability to easily record sessions is a plus. The desktop client can sync with Outlook/Webex so you can enjoy the "one-click-to-join" experience. It also works with people from outside the organization (anonymous logins), which enables widespread usage with contractors or other external staff in general.

Cons

* In a meeting with ~100 people, around 30 of them will have joined with two devices - they would use one for seeing the screen and sharing video, and the other one for audio. It appears there's still issues with it which is quite annoying being it's 2021 and that's one of the basic features.
* The features only started rolling out since the pandemic broke out - the webex was looking pretty bad for quite some time, and it seems it got the attention only when competition threatened to surpass it. It's still not ideal and the product roadmap seems to be secret, which makes it hard to estimate its future.
* If you install the desktop client it is constantly using the microphone (even when there's no meeting, it's just sitting in the system-tray) - this not only raises concerns around privacy, but also my headphones don't like it and have constant background noise from it - I have to shut down the client to stop it.

papa arona
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 31/10/2021

great online meeting tool

Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard. Simply select the "Schedule a Meeting" option, then choose any meeting template to set up a meeting.
Meeting participation and collaboration is also made easy. You can send invitations with instructions to attendees on how to join the meeting in an invitation email, along with the meeting password.
The platform allows you to join the meeting from your computer system, mobile device or video system. You can also join the meeting directly from the browser, without installing the application or creating an account with Webex.
Setting up the webinar is easy, and you can do so directly from the dashboard by clicking on the "Host an event" option. Webex also allows you to record the webinar for later viewing and provides real-time technical support during the webinar.
You can also choose how to connect to audio, mute or unmute your microphone, and turn your video on or off before joining a meeting. In addition, you can select audio options such as "computer audio," "call me" and "call audio" when using the Webex Meetings app.
Webex Analytics is an option that gives you access to interactive graphs and data visualizations that describe details such as usage and adoption trends. There's even an option to install all reports in a CSV file.Other features include real-time translation in over 100 languages, screen sharing, displaying your screen status, notes, and more.

Pros

- Webex has a simple user interface and provides access to meeting options as soon as you enter its dashboard.
- Webex has a blog full of useful articles, an FAQ section and offers experts help.
- Webex has essential features including HD video, screen sharing, in-app voice, joining a meeting from any video system, chat and more.
- Interactive participation with annotation tools and whiteboards.
- Advanced meeting analytics to provide insight into what happened with your participants.
- Host an unlimited number of meetings.

Cons

- Not suitable for large scale webinars.
- You must subscribe to additional plans to host multiple meetings simultaneously.

Scott

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

Versatile tool for today's business environment!

Business problems are really discussed in the "pros" section above. Many in our company are now able to work from home for multiple days of the week on a permanent basis. Having a tool like Webex helps make this possible and I see it leading to cost savings as office space shrinks in the future. I'm very happy with the tool and enjoy its use.

Pros

With the new work from home push brought on from the COVID 19 pandemic, we needed to find tools that would facilitate the new normal. Webex is a great tool that we use for multiple applications.
1. We use this for internal chat back and forth within the company. This tool provides instant messaging that is faster than e-mail and more likely to be read by the user.
2. It is very good for web conferencing. This tool and others like it save on travel costs by allowing group meetings with people from all over the world to collaborate - face to face if the cameras are used. It is so much better than the expensive, clunky video conferencing equipment from 10-15 years ago.

In addition to the web conferences, you can share your screen and do a live demo when conducting training on an ERP or other software applications.

3. VOIP - for me, working from home is a mixed blessing. One of the issues I have with working at home is that my cell service is very spotty in my home (we have cut the cord and only have cellular) Using Webex for VOIP yields a clearer signal than my cell phone and the cost is low for the VOIP services.

4. Security - our IT team evaluated this and found it to meet security requirements to allow use. (One of two collaboration/meeting tools allowed)

Cons

I don't have much that I dislike on this tool. One thing that can be a problem is that I have multiple tools we use for web conferencing and chat messages. Between checking two chat boxes plus e-mail and handling live calls and web conferences, it is easy to miss a message with so many ways to send them. I sometimes fail to see that I have a Webex message until hours or sometimes days later.

Devendra Kumar
Devendra Kumar

Reviewed on 8/1/2023

"Experience the Best of Webex: An Impressive and Convenient Way to Connect!"

Webex is a cloud-based collaboration platform that allows businesses to easily connect, communicate, and collaborate with their employees, customers, and partners. Webex provides businesses with the tools they need to quickly and effectively collaborate in real-time.With Webex, businesses can easily host virtual meetings and conferences, share files and documents, and keep track of project progress. Webex also allows businesses to conduct live video conferencing and webinars, as well as chat and screen share with colleagues.Webex helps businesses to save time, reduce costs, and improve productivity. It eliminates the need for physical meetings and allows teams to collaborate remotely. Webex also provides businesses with a secure and reliable platform for communication and collaboration.Overall, Webex is an excellent platform that makes it easy for businesses to keep in touch and collaborate with their teams. It allows businesses to quickly and easily share documents, host meetings, and conduct video conferences. It also provides businesses with a secure and reliable platform for communication and collaboration.

Pros

The most impactful features of Webex are the video conferencing capabilities, the collaboration tools, and the secure file sharing. The product is easy to use and intuitive. Integration with existing business processes is also easy as Webex integrates with many popular platforms, such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite. The product also has detailed documentation and tutorials to help users get started quickly.

Cons

One feature that I feel is missing is the ability to customize the user experience. As of now, it is difficult to tailor the interface and user experience to fit the needs of different teams or departments. Additionally, it would be helpful to have a more robust set of tools for collaboration, such as better document annotation and workflow management tools.Integration with existing business processes was a bit difficult, as some of our processes were not compatible with the features offered by Webex. We had to adjust our processes to better fit the capabilities of Webex, which was a time-consuming process.Overall, I think Webex is a great product, but there are some improvements that could be made to make it even better.

Reviewed on 17/9/2020

An enterprise tool for the meetings with broader Global teams - Very featureful

Overall, experience is great but UI is not something which is fun. Features are great and helpful.

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. App is super helpful to take meetings on the move
3. Several features for sharing documents live (pause, do selective share)
4. Attendance can be collected easily
5. You get to know who is on mute and who is causing background unknowingly and mute them as needed
6. Chat option is availble
7. There are upfront prompts available for you to select mute or camera options
8. You can take audio using various methods (Dial in, computer or receive call back without calling in). I use call back all the time.
9. It shows who is dialing in with what option using symbols
10. Recently the added search box for finding specific attendee on the call and with partial input, it filters the name
11. You can choose different video virtual backgrounds and you can see others videos and you can pin anyone as needed
12. You can insert a welcome message for a call
13. You can make alternate host arrangement
14. UI: Zoom In/Zoom out per your eye needs in self controlled manner
15. You can share meeting details from app with anyone else very easily
16. You can record the calls
17. Call quality (audio and video) is good
18. Several users across the globe can dial in using toll free nos. at no cost to them

Cons

1. Sometimes when a meeting (especially a recurring one) is moved/cancelled, app doesn't sync always
2. They took away an app feature (not sure why), where a notification used to come for the next meeting and that was helpful to know next call even when you are away from machine or not in app. They should consider that feature back
3. Cisco recently had a big audio failure with phone dial feature but computer dial in was working. So, if you don't have any other meeting set up for org, you may be impacted.
4. Users are advised to end the call to stop the meeting time from usage perspective otherwise meeting won't end.
5. UI can be made more fun

Bruno
Bruno

Reviewed on 17/5/2023

WebEx brings us closer to all our customers

We implemented it throughout the organization and it supports everyone's videoconferencing needs. Particularly during this viral pathogen epidemic. We need a lot of it and it is still the only way to join audio and video meetings and screen share in less than 60 seconds. He described the conflict between too many hardware and software alternatives that confused novice users. Currently, the only source we have available to everyone in the business is this, and as users use it more, they are moving away from our older technologies, such as Skype for Business and Teams, and instead using WebEx Meetings for all their conferencing needs.

Pros

The way devices and programs communicate with each other seamlessly. The installation of conference rooms that support the Cisco WebEx service has been a great improvement for users, enhancing the conference room experience. In fact, we received positive feedback reaching 80 percent, in contrast to before, when we had Skype rooms, we were below 50 percent. The video is clear and helps get the message across, lacking only the human part that we look for in conversations. WebEx video conferencing has restored the lack of video meetings.

Cons

I would like to see the value of the units decrease. They are priced a bit high, but it really pays off. Before the pandemic, we had low-cost Skype rooms that didn't work, but now we have high-cost WebEx rooms that do. Back-end administration can be confusing. However, it is effective once all the parameters are set. It was more difficult than I thought it would be.

Reviewed on 23/5/2021

Secure Compared to the Competition

Excellent tool for business use that provides security and additional options that are essential to online meeting. I would recommend it over other competitors tools regardless of mentioning names; yet after all each business has its needs but personally I would recommend Cisco Webex if you are looking for a stable and secure meeting tool.

Pros

Cisco Webex has one of the best iPhone apps. Personally I've never had any problems with the app before. Yet I can say that it is a USER issue that cause the majority of audio difficulties that I've experienced such as: poor microphones, not talking close enough to the microphone of their phone or laptop, not self muting while dialing in, and the list can go on. I attend all of my WebEx meetings using the app while on the run and this has facilitated my work not to miss any meeting.

Additionally, using Cisco tools is something that grants you and your coworkers security from Cyber attacks and your projects won't be sabotaged by hackers.

Cons

I wouldn't say that the tool has a downside because so far it has met its expectation as a meeting tool; but I would ask for some tweaks that can help make things above and beyond.
It would be great to have a sound or an obvious blinking on the screen when someone raises his hand during a meeting. And if they could work on adding more countries to the list of landlines as free to dial in that would be a plus because so far some countries have to pay a fee to join from landlines (probably sign an agreement with more phone companies).

Samridh
Samridh
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

Some issues so far but overall not bad

Overall a good product but I think they need to address the issues of people cutting in and out during presenting and also make the product more intuitive.

Pros

I like that this product is very intuitive. I can download plugins and sync it to my outlook directly. For someone who keeps forgetting about upcoming meetings and need reminders now ad again the webex plugin comes very handy. Cisco webex pops up small notification on the bottom right of the screen with time left to meeting and direct link to also joining the meeting. The best feature I like is that I can start the meeting directly from my pop up and it takes me straight to it. Cisco webex has two main platforms the regular meeting with your own room or team meetings. I use the my room meetings 99% of the time. It also allows a lot of participants to join in. It is more the 100 and I don't think anyone wll have any issue regarding hitting the max capacity. You can see videos of people in the meeting if they have enabled it. Also whoever is speaking their video pops up as the main video which is nice. The organizer can mute people and also give the authority of presentation, mouse and keyboard. The most unique feature I found was if you are the organizer after certain time you can lock your room and people would need permission to join in. I think that was really nice addition as it helps make meetings secure and more private.

Cons

I have had many issues with video feedback. They are either slow sluggish or sometimes they do cut in and out. Due to this during ongoing meeting I cannot follow the presenter step by step. I have been told it is usually the presenter's internet issue but it has happened multiple times with different presenters. I had to get my head around how the meeting scheduling works as it was not obvious right away. Sending the meeting invite with the phone number and link information is weird. One has to type in @webex to add the information but instead of always appearing on my message it appears after I have sent the email to all. I would like to make sure it is there before I send it which doesn;t seem to be an option.

Prince

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

Webex just WORKS!

Overall I am quite pleased. The current company I work for uses three different meeting tools and I always am pleased when I see Webex being the chosen tool. The others always seem to have some kind of trouble.

Pros

The best thing I really have come to admire about Webex over anything other such as Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, or even Slack is that it just works. No matter which device you're using or where you're connecting from, it works. Everyone's voice is always clear and you can easily tell who is speaking or sharing. The placement of every item is well thought out and I can't stress this enough, it just works! Best of all, regular updates reassure me that bugs are being taken care of while more innovation is implemented.

Cons

There isn't much I can think of that would be a con from Cisco's side. I had an older car where the sound would not play through my bluetooth but I don't blame Webex for that. They can't account for every car's audio system. Once in a blue moon a recurring webex meeting will just not work and claim to "not exist" but easy fix to just resend a meeting invite. Other than that, no other downsides I can think of.