Webex Reviews

About Webex

Webex brings together Calling, Meeting and Messaging modes of collaboration into a seamless, engaging, inclusive and intelligent experience. Seamless collaboration across devices, locations and organizations • Use any computer,...

4.2
4.2

Browse Webex Reviews

6,946 of 6,946 reviews
Vadiraja
Vadiraja

Reviewed on 26/8/2020

One of the best, could be better

So far, the experience with the application is really good compared to other ones which I have used. So thanking the team for this and hope they still update it better than what it is today so it can reach the level which we expect from it in upcoming years.

Pros

> The primary option which I liked really in this software is connectivity from other sources like mobile phone or other for audio connections which helped me a lot whenever I was stuck in the less internet connection speed.
> Webex is so far the best one I have ever seen where the speed and ease of use is on the stake here. The ease of use as I mentioned really applies to this since as soon as the connection has been done, the options to join the meeting and the security it applies to the meeting is the one I like the most.
> Other than that, the speed as mentioned before, even in the low internet speeds, the lack of any lag makes this application the most I used ever.

Cons

There is really less things which I don't like about this software which is desktop application readiness. Whenever I always connect through the desktop application, sometimes it takes a lot of time to join the meeting which would result in some of the escalations which you can get in your professional life. I hope this would be made better in the upcoming versions.

Microsoft Teams and Zoom Events and Webinars

Reasons for Choosing Webex

We actually made the switch since we had some meeting with the outside of the organization which is better in case of webex compared to the one we previously had i.e., Skype. So we had to select the one which helps the team during the important external calls.

Reasons for Switching to Webex

The versatility and the easiness which the application suggests is really important and made us pick this application in front of so competitive other ones.
Aimee
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

No intuitive interface, features hard to find

I am an experienced user of video meeting platforms. I operator school, and we do all of our courses online and we had been using Zoom for years before we decided to switch. I experienced a lot of frustration the first time that I used WebEx. A lot of features that I was used to having on the other platform that I use was not available in WebEx. It feels like an old interface that they’re using and there’s definitely a significant learning curve to get started.

Pros

The video quality of webex was excellent. It has a crystal clear display of all meeting participants.

Cons

I didn’t find it easy to use. Every other video meeting software I’ve used has been super simple. WebEx feels like an old interface and a lot of the features are hidden or not available.

Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Webex

Zoom changed their terms of service, and they have a new policy that allows them to use the content that we were delivering inside of our meetings for their AI platform. Because we deliver a lot of sensitive content we decided to stop using zoom.

Reasons for Switching to Webex

It integrates with the LMS we use in our school - which is LearnWorlds.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

Complex but a few shortcomings

We're using Webex to do tech meetings with US partners, and to manage remote meetings of local institutions.

Pros

It stands among the most feature-packed conferencing apps, and comes with dedicated hardware, powerful and extensive means provided to connect users to a conference

Cons

Even with lots of free bandwidth (both in the organization and in the remote connections) the audio can do 1-2 seconds lags, or the audio can just be bad for a few partecipants even if they have good audio and bandwidth, I suppose it's a server side issue. Can be resource hungry when there are >20 partecipants with video. The image quality using the Cisco room kit is underwhelming for its cost.

Reasons for Choosing Webex

Webex has proven to be more reliable

Top Webex Alternatives

Rita
  • Industry: Dairy

Reviewed on 18/2/2024

Slido on webex

Pros

Webex is a very useful app for meeting allows you to do a conference meeting for more than 200 people or more can share presentations with no interruptions and have a lot of great features

Cons

That need to download 2 apps one for schedule a meeting and other for join a meeting

Petrica

Reviewed on 5/3/2024

use it from everywhere

Pros

constant connectivity and possibility of collaboration with colleagues and clients

Cons

sometimes the website webex.com is offline

ROB
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 4/3/2024

From radio silent to active listening

Exceptional useability that provides proof to the skeptical with every contact. Our adoption rate across operations is nearly 90% and complaints about the product just don't exist.

Pros

Webex gave us the ability to incorporate a real-time viewing element when diagnosing customer issues that also layered in the simultaneous ability to consult technical SMEs and avoid escalations as well as resolve issues and questions faster. This improved the customer experience for us and customer satisfaction rose.

Cons

It is a good product with few if any drawbacks.

Davide
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 8/3/2024

An high level product

A very good experience, we have been using it for more than 6 months and i'm more than satisfied

Pros

The recording works well and the possibility to organize multiple meetings with an easy use of the calendar is fundamental

Cons

Chat is not well developed and the sharing of the screen should be simplified

Reasons for Choosing Webex

Required by several clients who preferred the functionality of Webex

Reasons for Switching to Webex

Functionalities and reduced costs respects to the alternative products
Juan Carlos
Juan Carlos

Reviewed on 13/3/2024

No nonsense Video Conferencing

Pros

All of our meetings are done on Webex, and it works without a hitch,

Cons

As of now, I have no problems, or have not found anything that I dislike.

Kimberly
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Does what it needs to do, but is not the go-to software

Pros

I like the interface of Webex - some of our courts use it and it is easy to click through to the proper screen.

Cons

It did not always connect properly and left us waiting for other users to get on. They had to switch to web-based applications rather than the app to get in.

Marty
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 14/5/2024

The Webex

Pros

Easy to use. Screen sharing is easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes voice and audio can be a little choppy.

Kevin

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

Teleconferencing software with an enterprise mindset

Overall, the product works well enough. The features and quality of the video and audio work well to the point that we can perform paid consultations and workshops with our members. The interface is straightforward and is used by all of our technical and nontechnical staff on a daily basis with great success.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and set up from both an administrator and user perspective. We have been using this software for around two years, and we have had success with 1-1 Meetings, group meetings, company-wide town hall meetings, and large workshops or other events involving people from both inside and outside of our organization. The integration with GSuite email and calendaring works great, and the ability to have personal rooms along with persistent rooms for invited guests has been a big feature for us, especially with everyone working from home. Finally, the integration with the RoomKit devices in our conference rooms has worked really well with bridging together on-premise and remote workers during meetings and other collaboration sessions.

Cons

While there is a stand-alone application which can run all the time on your computer, I feel there is a fair amount of confusion as to if it should be used or to always simply rely on the web client for everything. Product features seem to lag significantly behind other solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, and I have found that WebEx is slower in connecting to meetings, and has lower video quality, than Zoom.

Nelson Kipchirchir
Nelson Kipchirchir
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

An awesome online meeting tool!

Pros

No too many logins needed just a meeting link, one click, and boom! you join the meeting
The application provides a very clear audio and video quality.
The number of people it can accommodate in meetings awesome.
The meeting still goes on even if the host disconnects or has internet connectivity problems.
The android phone application is very stable and anyone with a good phone can use it.
A good tool for conducting interviews online as it provides additional functionalities like a lobby and also meeting locking.

Cons

The pricing is slightly higher for individuals with a low budget. They should look into that
It also needs a very stable internet bandwidth.
I did not like the idea of using voice over the internet while using mobile phones. It also proved a difficulty for people who have no complete understanding of users to use the app on a mobile phone.

Reasons for Choosing Webex

The video/audio quality of Webex is awesome plus it has more additional features which make it easy to conduct virtual meetings more interactive as compared to other related products.

Felipe
Felipe

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

The professional choice for collaboration

Excellent experience. During the pandemic, there were very specific moments of deterioration of the service as a result of the explosion in the use of this type of tools (it multiplied x10). It is something that affected all online video conferencing and collaboration tools globally. Including Zoom and Microsoft. However, Webex knew better to measure up

Pros

I've been using Webex for over a decade. Being a Cisco product gives me the guarantees of being robust, secure and continuously updated. In the last year, many new Artificial Intelligence functions and other interesting features (p.e. simultaneous translation) have been integrated. In addition, it complements very well with the rest of the Cisco portfolio for videoconferencing, voice, contact center, etc.

Cons

Little to complain about Webex. Perhaps that is more expensive than other similar options. But it is a product oriented to professional use that is worth what it costs. Security is very important, and that pays for.

Reasons for Choosing Webex

Microsoft Teams and Zoom Meeting are good choices too. But Webex is more robust, secure and complete

Zoom Workplace and Microsoft Teams

More robust and secure.

Reviewed on 22/7/2020

Best video meeting solution I've ever tested

Since COVID-19, I couldn't visit our customer and have a meeting on offline, so I should've find the way to solve this problem. First time I used Zoom for my video meeting but I had a bad experience while on meeting such as lack of signal or poor quality of voice. Therefore I found many video meeting solution on Google and tested 21 solutions last MAR. Finally I selected Cisco Webex. You can see my test experience below link.(You can translate via Chrome)

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

At now, I'm using Cisco Webex meeting when I need to have a meeting with other companies. This has very simple UI, so I had no difficult for having video meeting with my co-workers. Thanks to Cisco Webex, I can cover my customer when I need to have a meeting and communicate with Webex Teams when I need to share my contents(especialy large files). Although there are some weak point on Cisco Webex, I will use this until it appear other video meeting solution better than this.

Pros

- easy to use : no need to install client S/W for meeting, only can invite an attendee by 2 steps
- good quality of vioce : can hear good quality of voice and latency is under 0.2 sec
- network connectivity is always stable : I didn't experience for lost signal while meeting
- video screen adjustment : can increase or decrease video screen size and put wherever you want
- great collaboration S/W : I think that Webex Teams is better than Microsoft Teams.

Cons

- Language support : AI function can't use in Korean.
- hard to use in Webex Event : UI/UX in Webex Event is very complicated
- expensive : compare other S/W, I think that Cisco Webex is most expensive in this area.

Mirza Abdul Ghafoor
Mirza Abdul Ghafoor
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 24/1/2023

Webex for Everyone !

Overall experience regarding WebEx remains top notch as I’ve been using it more than a year over a long period of time it’s consistency has shown a lot of results .

Pros

The most impactful feature about WebEx that it keep us in touch with your colleagues , managers and team leads . End to end update can be shared easily among the team members

Cons

No , Nothing was difficult when it comes to WebEx , it’s a very simplified software used by my organisation and i didn’t find any difficulty integrating it with the process

Reasons for Choosing Webex

Expensive and a lot of flexible options are available in WebEx

Reasons for Switching to Webex

WebEx is more accessible on vast variety of mobile devices than teams .
Goran
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

A great video conferencing tool

We use Webex for all of our scrum meetings. It is a tool that is good for that specific job and I prefer using it for the scrum ceremonies over Slack and similar services. Whenever I need a quick call, though, it's so much easier to just click a button in Slack than go through sharing a room link in Webex.

Pros

Webex is a good tool for video conferencing. It does that particular job probably the best of all tools I used so far.

Cons

Other than video conferencing, all the little things that come with that are actually slightly worse than in the competitors. My particular grief is the annotation (screen drawing) tool that is very unintuitive, gets interrupted whenever the presenter does anything, and requires special permissions to use.

Zoom Workplace and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Webex

The scrum master and TA liked Webex more than Teams.

Reasons for Switching to Webex

The user interface of Webex was nicer.
EMEL
EMEL
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Perfect meeting and communication management with Cisco WebEx

In overall I'm very happy to use Cisco WebEx meetings while working in the office or during the business travels. Sharing information, getting or giving training, meeting with the team members or foreigners from distance never had been easy this much. WebEx increases our communication and sharing capabilities with it's many features...

Pros

HD video and audio conferencing is probably the best positive side of WebEx. Connectivity oprions e.g. landline or internet call also good. While you make the meeting, you can share your screen or even control other user screens and make some actions while controlling their screen as well. There are lots of ways to effectively use WebEx. Firstly, you may use mobile version (IOS, Android) of WebEx and quickly connect to your meetings while on the go. Secondly there are different add ons such as MS Outlook add on. This enables one-click WebEx feature; so that you can either add meeting link to your invitation or instantly start a meeting by just one click from outlook menu. There are also other tools like Record Meetings or Productivity tool, these give you change to increase efficiency; again by just one or two clicks.

Cons

Latest version of the WebEx has a very lean interface which makes it elegant but on the other hand some user controls are kind of hidden or hard to reach so you may struggle in the first hand; but can get used to by the time. Another drawback is the lag or slow down issue while sharing or controlling screens. I think the severity depends on your connection speed; but this is likely to happen if you use control features much. Lastly, connection with WebEx server may be an issue time to time; but I don't see this as a critical issue as it may happen with other service providers as well.

Veljko
Veljko

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Handles large meetings quite well, but people still join with two devices to avoid issues

It is being used by our client, big banking corporation, that trust the privacy of the platform which is probably the main driver for its choice. I've had much better user-experience with other similar software, but this being a "forced" platform to use, it's not that bad nowadays. Hopefully, they'd keep on improving it in the future as well.

Pros

I've seen webex meetings with about 150 participants and it worked without any issues. For big events it can even support the 'hidden participants' which is also great for hosting public events. Recently it got several updates which got rid of some of the most annoying problems with the platform (the "person joined the meeting" sound, people forgetting to mute themselves upon entering, ability to have co-hosts, introduced "push-to-talk" feature, easy switching between audio/video devices). Ability to easily record sessions is a plus. The desktop client can sync with Outlook/Webex so you can enjoy the "one-click-to-join" experience. It also works with people from outside the organization (anonymous logins), which enables widespread usage with contractors or other external staff in general.

Cons

* In a meeting with ~100 people, around 30 of them will have joined with two devices - they would use one for seeing the screen and sharing video, and the other one for audio. It appears there's still issues with it which is quite annoying being it's 2021 and that's one of the basic features.
* The features only started rolling out since the pandemic broke out - the webex was looking pretty bad for quite some time, and it seems it got the attention only when competition threatened to surpass it. It's still not ideal and the product roadmap seems to be secret, which makes it hard to estimate its future.
* If you install the desktop client it is constantly using the microphone (even when there's no meeting, it's just sitting in the system-tray) - this not only raises concerns around privacy, but also my headphones don't like it and have constant background noise from it - I have to shut down the client to stop it.

Reviewed on 30/8/2021

Webex Review

Pros

Powerful Security: This is perhaps the main advantages of Webex. Cisco is the biggest endeavor network safety organization on the planet, so you can trust it to guarantee your protection and information security inside a Webex call. Webex encodes every one of your information regardless of which plan you purchase. Organizations whose information security is absolutely critical can find supreme harmony of psyche here.

Community Sound and Video Conferencing: Lean toward your conferencing arrangement with every one of the ruffles? Webex has everything, enveloped with a strong client experience. You get HD video show, where you can see up to 25 members all at once. You can visit inside the call, whiteboarding to work together on notes, in addition to breakout spaces for classes or group building works out. We especially like the screen sharing and control usefulness, which, dissimilar to different instruments we've attempted, doesn't influence show quality, and it's not difficult to share or switch between discrete windows or the whole work area.

Cons

Incidental Call Quality and Association Issues: Call quality is by and large great, and the encompassing commotion decrease highlight is superior to different apparatuses we've attempted. Yet, in light of the fact that Webex is so broadly utilized, there's consistently the danger of blackouts. We've encountered a couple throughout testing various items, and sporadically Webex sets aside some effort to interface, or we lose video or sound for a couple of moments. We've likewise experienced difficulty conceding members on a few events.

Restricted Personalization Choices: Webex incorporates virtual foundations, however not as wide a determination as contenders like Zoom. There's an absence of fun personalization highlights found in different apparatuses like shading plans and window format choices.

Reviewed on 17/6/2022

Covers my company's online events needs. There's room for improvement.

I’m using Webex for about two years having experience mostly from the admin side.
The software company I work for used to host annual on-site events targeting to inform its users community for the new developments and updates. Due to the pandemic we’re forced to cancel all the physical events and start searching platforms that support olnine events hosting. We concluded to Webex.
We use Webex to host internal meetings, but also online events.
Based on my experience, the process of creating a Webex meeting using the new interface is simple and quick. There’s also the option to save my own templates with default fields. It is possible to set up a recurring Meeting and what is really helpful is that Meetings support breakout sessions (separate rooms with different topics during the meeting). The “Polls” feature helps us take feedback during our student online trainings.
What would be nice is if the Host of a Meeting could watch the all the screens of the attendees at the same time.
About the “Events (Classic)” feature I’ll list some Advantages and Disadvantages below.
Advantages:
- Automatic invitation sending to the invited attendees through the platform.
- Option for reguired registration which enables the particpants’ behavior tracking
- Update the participants for potential changes in one step
- Easy and quick users’ role management
- Option for feedback form after the end of the event
- Detailed reports
- Responsive support team

Disadvantages
- Quite complicated Event

Pros

- Automatic invitation sending to the invited attendees through the platform.
- Update the participants for potential changes in one step
- Easy and quick users’ role management
- Option for feedback form after the end of the event
- Detailed reports
- Responsive support team

Cons

- Quite complicated Event setup
- It is not possible to setup reccuring Events (there’s the solution of creating a list of events but that means that I must create each event separately).
- The option of “Background music” (during breaks) is not supported (sound breaks)
- The users logging in using their browser are facing sound and video-flow issues.
- The Panelists that don’t run a temporary application have limited access to some tools/features.
- Users of MS-DOS have reported several issues.
- The videos don’t play in full-width and that makes impossible for us to host pre-recorded presentations.

Lukas
Lukas
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 29/5/2023

Excellent platform for online meetings with colleagues and clients.

Webex makes a difference me in my work to collaborate profitably from anyplace and from any gadget, advertising me arrangements to organize and connect gatherings in genuine time by sharing HD sound and video screen, it makes a difference me create my work in a unused, brilliantly, secure and with comes about Positive benefits offer assistance me to get benefits in my company and increment my workflow, it is perfect way">the most perfect way to reach my clients and offer a wonderful involvement, it makes a difference me diminish my times, blunders and costs. Much appreciated to this device we have reinforced communication and executed way better advance comes about in my commerce, we will make recordings, introductions, audios, tests and numerous other assignments amid the assembly, the quality of the dialog does not diminish indeed in the event that there are numerous individuals within the conference.

Pros

Webex Assembly is a web communications arrangement that permits you to connect and organize gatherings from anyplace and from any gadget, sharing screens with HD sound and video quality, creating work in a half breed way where the association is very great and sufficient to adjust to the way you For groups to work essentially, rapidly and safely with assets and items that offer more than what we regularly ought to collaborate online, I adore it since it offers a outwardly satisfying interface and it's personalized. Able to turn off video and make sound as it were which can too spare web information and this app can run indeed where there's arrange issue. Separated from this, numerous apparatuses have been given for the assembly organizer, with the assistance of which a fruitful and compelling assembly can be organized.

Cons

Due to great video quality, it spends a parcel of web information, its ubiquity among common individuals is less compared to other apps, so those individuals confront a few issue when utilizing it for the primary time.

Julie Ann
Julie Ann
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 23/5/2022

WEBEX - The Best and Easiest Real-Time Video Conferencing System

Webex has a straightforward user interface and offers meeting options. It's such a comprehensive, powerful tool and integrates with many of the software applications commonly used in our work or professional lives today. We've replaced and consolidated everything into a single Webex Suite.

Pros

I've been using Webex for both business and personal purposes. It guarantees security and is constantly updated. Connect in real time for real-time group messaging, advanced search, and personalized spaces.
It allows you to share any file, such as a document, presentation, or video. Can upload files up to 2 GB in size. The fact that you can drag and drop files, whiteboard can be used by more than one person simultaneously is my favorite feature. It is simple to share or switch between an individual windows or the entire work area. It has a high-definition video display with up to 25 members visible at all times.

It also integrates well with the rest of Cisco's portfolio for videoconferencing, voice, and contact center. One of Webex's main advantages is its a strong security, and you can rely on it to ensure your protection and information security within a Webex call.

Cons

There isn't much to complain about with Webex. That could be more expensive than other comparable options. However, it is a professional-oriented product that is well worth the price. Security is critical, and it pays to have it. Virtual backgrounds in videos consume a lot of computer memory. It's impossible to avoid background noise. Exception of sharing .tif files

Britney
Britney
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Must needed tool for Training

Overall, I am a huge fan and my job relies heavily on this application. Even with some of the pros ive listed, there are workarounds to fix the issue.

Pros

I have used this tool for over 5 years and its something I use every day for work. Its great for training classes, remote or onsite in a classroom. It keeps the class engaged, they can share screens and learn from hands on practices, and can work together in smaller groups which is great for learning activities. The whiteboard feature is helpful for notes and announcements, keeping the class on track. And everything from the session can be saved for later review or to send to a learner that was absent. Everyone is on the same call and it makes it easy for the trainer to watch participation levels and call on learners to read or answer questions. Its a must need for corporate training. The trainer can even share a view of their webex to demo how it works and what fucntions are available to use.

Cons

For those who have little to no computer experience, it can be difficult for them to navigate and understand what buttons do what, especially when taking control and screen sharing. Breakout sessions can be finicky because they will mess up if the users arent dialed in correctly or if the call drops from the host.

Reviewed on 23/5/2021

Secure Compared to the Competition

Excellent tool for business use that provides security and additional options that are essential to online meeting. I would recommend it over other competitors tools regardless of mentioning names; yet after all each business has its needs but personally I would recommend Cisco Webex if you are looking for a stable and secure meeting tool.

Pros

Cisco Webex has one of the best iPhone apps. Personally I've never had any problems with the app before. Yet I can say that it is a USER issue that cause the majority of audio difficulties that I've experienced such as: poor microphones, not talking close enough to the microphone of their phone or laptop, not self muting while dialing in, and the list can go on. I attend all of my WebEx meetings using the app while on the run and this has facilitated my work not to miss any meeting.

Additionally, using Cisco tools is something that grants you and your coworkers security from Cyber attacks and your projects won't be sabotaged by hackers.

Cons

I wouldn't say that the tool has a downside because so far it has met its expectation as a meeting tool; but I would ask for some tweaks that can help make things above and beyond.
It would be great to have a sound or an obvious blinking on the screen when someone raises his hand during a meeting. And if they could work on adding more countries to the list of landlines as free to dial in that would be a plus because so far some countries have to pay a fee to join from landlines (probably sign an agreement with more phone companies).

Javier
Javier

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

Cisco Webex Meetings - Meetings with everyone without limits

With Cisco Webex Meeting I can contact and work with anyone without leaving the office or my home. It allows me to support clients instantly, meet with colleagues who are in another country without having to travel or take distance training without the cost associated with the trip. Many of the daily meetings that work requires are resolved with this application without leaving the office.

Pros

Cisco Webex Meetings is the quintessential collaborative cloud platform. It allows users to have their own personal room to be able to meet up to 1000 people in the same meeting. It has video capacity of up to 200 participants, you can use a white board to show any idea in an instant and even share screen or give or take control of another device. All in one application. And the best part is that if you are near a Cisco video device, you can use proximity and define that device as an audio and video device instead of a cell phone or computer.
If the guests do not have the application installed, it does not matter, from any browser they can join the meeting or from the cell phone. What more can you ask for a virtual meeting application?

Cons

Honestly there isn't much to say at this point. Maybe just mention that you need to be a computer administrator to be able to install the application that without it, you don't have the plug in in Office tools like Outlook. It would be good not to have this requirement and to be able to have the plug in without having the need to install the application.