Jira Reviews

Visit Website

About Jira

Jira Software is a business process management tool used by agile teams to plan, track and release software. Jira Software supports Scrum, Kanban, a hybrid model or another unique workflow. Jira enables users to create project...

4.2

Browse Jira Reviews

13,934 of 13,934 reviews
Cristian
Cristian
  • Industry: Semiconductors
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Jira for bug tracking and project management

I highly recommend Jira for a bug tracking tool and especially for Agile software teams. For us it has really made a difference in terms of: team collaboration, Agile methodology adoption, decreased time to market of new projects/new features and on the overall teams' spirit. We have seen a wide adoption for the other departments as well, non software development.

Pros

We used several bug tracking tools in the past but Jira is by far the best one. What I like most:
- user friendly interface, provides a nice user experience
- Agile SCRUM/Kanban support out of the box
- extremely configurable on almost everything
- extendable through custom scripting, either built-in or via addons
- very collaborative
- there are thousands of addons in the marketplace; you can even write your own

Cons

Being so flexible to be configured, the learning curve for admins is a little steep.
The price is based on the number of users and if you experience wide user adoption in a big company, you end up in paying more for upgrading to the next tier, than if you would pay for that tier first time.

Grace
Grace

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

More effective project management and monitoring

Quickly aligning a software delivery team's members around a common vision is made possible without overwhelming them with a complex platform.

Pros

I appreciate that it's straightforward to set up, can be customized to fit any team's needs, and integrates with a wide variety of apps (from chat rooms like Slack to customer relationship management systems like Salesforce). simple, simple, simple, with a variety of dashboards and views to accommodate any team's needs.

Cons

The configuration process is not my favorite, and it could prove to be rather difficult for my team. There's also room for improvement in the user interface (UI), as it's not always reliable and can be frustratingly slow at times.

Renu

Reviewed on 8/1/2024

It is an excellent project management tool!!

The experience was positive; it has everything to manage a project from end to end.

Pros

Jira proves to be an invaluable tool for efficient project management. Its comprehensive features allow us to seamlessly handle various aspects such as project progress tracking, ticket and story management, phase monitoring, assessing project complexity, and keeping tabs on workforce enrollment. The platform's versatility plays a crucial role in streamlining our project-related activities and ensuring effective collaboration across the team.

Cons

The experience was consistently positive, and I appreciate the absence of any notable shortcomings. Jira is effectively met my expectations, providing a smooth and satisfactory experience.

Top Jira Alternatives

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/2/2024

Deployment Options

In general i like it. The agile methodology support.

Pros

That you can use it with cloud, server or data center and the specific edition or plan you choose. Keep in mind that pricing depends of what you choose.

Cons

Not tool is perfect some disadvantages are the complexity and learning curve. Customization challenges and performance issue with large instances.

Barbara
Barbara
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 3/11/2023

Project Management is easier with Jira

For sprint planning, we utilize Jira. Jira's best feature is that when we've entered the necessary information the first time, the system will recommend it for us the next time.

Pros

Our on-site team is able to keep track of defects and prioritize fixes with ease thanks to JIRA's bug tracking and project task tracking features. Since I oversee the distribution of resources across several clients and projects that employ shared resources, Kanban boards allow me to keep track of how much time each activity takes on its own.

Cons

Mobile access is a bit challenging when it concerns browser-based usage. One of the most effective methods of dealing with this is to create a high-quality user experience apart from any mobile app.

Aristote

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

the best project processing and management software

the overall experience with the jira software is really positive because of its ease of use and the processing of several files

Pros

jira has the capacity to process several files and is aimed at large teams but also it handles all bugs which makes its use easy and quick

Cons

since I have been using the Jira software I have never personally had any problems either with the user interface or at the technical level

WordPress and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jira

I chose Jira software over the others for the simple reason that Jira is a simple and easy to use tool.
Wijnand

Reviewed on 5/1/2024

Jira, an effective Atlassian tool for software vendors

Love Jira, I believe there isn't a better tool – at the moment.

Pros

Love the fact you can create multiple projects where members can work on, collaborate, follow workflows, which improves efficiency, reduces mistakes and will make sure you know what to do.

Cons

It could have a save or future publish feature when writing Jira issues. Out of fear I save them sometimes manually to prevent rewriting the whole issue again when I close the tap.

Rami

Reviewed on 10/1/2024

Highly Recommended

Great experience I highly recommend Jira for tasks and documentation

Pros

The options I like most are the notifications and it could be a place where you can add all your project documents for each related task.

Cons

I can say the initial setup of the project schedule yet I didn't use it to schedule a project may be due to some complexity. however I managed to schedule tasks easily.

VIJAY
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 25/12/2023

Manages projects securely and confidentially

Pros

Mostly adopted in industry, thus easy to manage.

Cons

There is window of improvement in the UI and how multiple linked projects can be accessed.

Andres
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 14/2/2024

Jira review

Overall I will give Jira, 4 out of 5 stars

Pros

It helps you on saving time with the feature of time tracking and scheduling, for project management is really useful

Cons

The custumer support program is not as fast in the response

Ajesh

Reviewed on 15/8/2019

Finest application for the Agile software lifecycle

I use JIRA in all the Agile software development for classification and bug tracking for every user with Dashboards. I am satisfied with the JIRA features but I think JIRA needs to provide more integration towards CICD tools so that user can get more idea about the bug tracking.

Pros

Easy to create Agile dashboards to track bugs in different development life cycle. We can also extract informations regarding the user specific tickets created and worked for any period of time. Also we can attache documents to gives an entire idea about the the bugs and time tracker in comment section provides how much time it takes to fix the bugs. In the software industry JIRA is one of the widely used Bug tracking platform. The idea of classification of tickets like EPIC,Task are very useful to identify the work load needed for that ticket.

Cons

Need exact date and time of the ticket creation and comments when the ticket gets older, right now it describes like the ticket is "created more two weeks ago". JIRA also needs to integration with CICD tools for more information regarding the bug tracking and fixing. JIRA should provide a dashboard for each user how much time he worked on a ticket to track the overall work time and also it will be very easy for the Administrator also.

Redmine

Reasons for Choosing Jira

Redmine lack Agile development life cycle features like an effective dashborad , exact classification of tasks and the work time logging.

Redmine

Reasons for Switching to Jira

JIRA provided more features for the Agile development Lifecycle that suited our work environments and continues to give more features everyday.
Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

JIRA is the best project planning and organising tool

My overall experience is excellent, it is the best project management software ever. I have used a few others in the past, but there is none that can compete with JIRA. with a integration of slack, confluence, it is very hard to refuse.

Pros

1. It is very flexible and fitted really well with agile development work. whether you are using kanban or standard sprint planning work flow, it supports all of those.
2. It is extremely useful to do project planning and creating stories, they will be saved in backlogs and you can access them with weight, estimate and priority.
3. It is quick to create a bug ticket to track bugs.
4. It is very easy to plan for a new sprint, by adding task, stories from the backlogs, it helps with the total points you want to target for a particular sprint, it automatically sum up the story points and make sure you don't over plan.
5. great report tool to help you analyse the project completion and nice burn down chart as well. To help the team retrospectively go back and review.

Cons

1. It is a big over complex by providing such flexible functionalities. But it is worth the time and learning curve.
2. As a developer, I don't have to pay the bill. But it is not very cheap if you have a large development team, the bills add up quickly.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Jira

it is a online saas. It has more functionalities and very flexible. It is suited for many different development processes. It speeds up project planning, sprint planning. bug tracking, deployment process, and so many more.

Reasons for Switching to Jira

very simple task track tool, it probably helps a small agency project that would be completed in a couple months time. With large and complex projects, or bigger development teams, JIRA is the best option out there on the market right now.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

HelpDesk Dream System

Overall I really loved the platform and the easy of use and they offer a mobile solution which allows you to manange, support and assist using your mobile device which is important which you are on the go and have customers who diesire information or support.

Pros

Coming on board with Delta I hadn't user the JIRA platform outside of submitting tickets in my past. There was a shell created by our IT team and it was a great start but with the help of an intern he and I were able to completely change and enhance the user experience on both sides for those who enter tickets and those who work or engage with tickets.

The system seems a little overwhelming at first because it offers so many variations however once you really consider what you want to do and who you want to achieve it really straightforward.
You're able to change and modify just about every aspect of the interface so that its complete company-specific or even department-specific is you choose. You can make it look like its an extension of your companies actual website.
You can access and run reports for so many different KPI's or metrics to see preformance or SLA's and they are all realtime.

Cons

Like I stated it was a bet overwhelming bacause there are so many options and changes that can be made using JIRA however there are tons of resources as well.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Jira

We chose JIRA because it appeared to be the best application for what we needed. It was also expandable and we could scale it as needed in the future. We also like that it was completly customizable.
Darian
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 14/7/2021

Review for Jira as a developer

We moved our IT department to start using Jira for the teams that work in development. We have not yet moved our Helpdesk or "system uptime" teams over since we are still looking at what product works best. So with the smaller team, I believe it has helped in keeping our tickets in order. It is simple to see what is currently being worked on in each project. We do not have the highest plan so we do not have all features, but I think our current feature set is large with room to evolve.

Pros

Jira is excellent at keeping track of our issues and linking between them on a kanban board. It was our introduction to a Kanban system of tickets. There are also many features we see ourselves using that we are on the verge of delving into, allowing us to focus on the tickets now but expand in the near future.

I like that tickets are easily linked to each other. Our previous system made it difficult to know which tickets were related, while Jira has several options for relating tickets (related to, duplicates, blocked / blocks/ etc)

Cons

I think the price can get high depending on how big your team is. We were just over the free limit which becomes a large cost, especially once you include subscriptions to confluence etc.

I think the load times and UI can get buggy at times, there are multiple times a day I have to click through menus several times for it to register. This is by far the most frustrating thing, especially when you have many tickets on a page.

One issue we had was that our current ticket system allows us to CC users onto tickets so they (+ anyone else we add) can get an update. This was not possible through regular Jira, however something similar could be done with effort on the Jira Service Management side.

Sudhir

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

One of the greatest defect tracking and project management tools in the industry

Project and Time management in many cutomer projects

Pros

I find this software to be very versatile and useful.

It has functions that make work easier when it comes to organization, planning, and meeting goals.

It facilitates effective teamwork; it is simple to keep track of the activities that must be completed and the notifications of changes to any action work well.

It has multiple views and is used to manage projects, so people who want to see an overview of the work can use the To-do List or simply the Roadmap, and team members who are trying to balance their daily activities can use the Dashboard to plan their workload.

I like it because it easily adapts to what you want to do.

Cons

In some circumstances, receiving notifications has become difficult, preventing real-time monitoring. Although simple and adaptable, defining and organizing the sorts of work items might be difficult at first.

Bugzilla

Reasons for Switching to Jira

JIRA is quite easy to migrate. Easy to train and educate the team in fastest time possible. Easy to handle the administrative tasks and correct when needed.
Viral
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

Great PM and Ticket management tool

Overall, the Jira software is great IT asset. It is flexible and works across multiple workstream. We use it for our Project Management (all aspects) and ticket management for it as well. It provides easy and web based application to deploy and use across the organization. It provides easy user interface and lot of flexibility to add fields and workflow to meet our own internal process.

Pros

Jira is very great for project and task management. It provides lot of flexibility around custom fields and reports. The easy to use reporting functionalities allow to have one simple view across multiple projects and initiatives

Cons

While the interface is simple to use.. it feels very simple. Our users are not very adaptive to Jira as it doesn't have jazzy UX. It's not clean and modern looking like other alternatives out there.

Basecamp and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Jira

MS project was very heavy to use. Did not provide easy interface for running a whole portfolio. The gantt chart was good but wasn't user friendly to print out or manage and make decisions based on it for the whole portfolio. The cost of MS Project for all users was also very expensive.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Jira

Jira provided better reporting and performance. It was also a bit cheaper. Plus, Jira being Atlassian product, it fit well into our ecosystem.
Sneha
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 14/3/2023

Track your Work from Start to End of Software Life cycle

Jira helps in maintaining our Scrum, Kanban and Devops culture. Its burndown charts, reporting, ease of all the roles working from product owner to dev all can be on on platform and in sync. Backlog can be easily managed and working hours are easily logged on same.

Pros

Its interface which gives a better look for team, whether defects are resolved or we can implement shift left strategy with charts provided. Sprints are easily executed from start to end and also Kanban is implemented with push and pull. SAFE can easily be implemented using this tool. It has good work log management and assigning task, where you can create sub task. Epic, theme, Task, SubTask Milestone can be created and tracked easily.

Cons

Documentation part is only maintained when everyone follows standard method of maintaining updated comments, in Sprints the scrum master has to remind for comments always. Chat History can not be added to the Jira, its only through conversation things can be tracked. Naming conventions like tagging is not shown for issue or defect to find and link to past issues

Microsoft Azure and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jira

Cost managementDrive innovationDrive revenue growthEnhance decision makingImprove compliance & risk managementImprove business process outcomesImprove customer relations/service
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 19/3/2019

The "Ticket or No Ticket" Debate

It took time to get buy-in from the entire IT department to fully utilize JIRA. However, now that the whole department is all-in, JIRA has truly made our work effort much easier. We now have internal business partners who utilize JIRA to review work status, set priorities, and create new tickets when issues/upgrades present themselves. With an organization our size, I can't imagine not utilizing something like JIRA...not sure how we did it all in the past.

Pros

The best part about JIRA is the ability to keep track of all work being done via tickets. I love that JIRA works for all kinds of styles of work. We work within an Agile environment, with some teams using Scrum and other teams using Kanban. No matter how the team is structured, they utilize JIRA tickets. This is great because there is a single repository for all work being done and we can easily search for tickets across all the different teams. The use of Epics vs. Stories is very easy too. We can keep track of what tickets belong to which effort with ease and show the progress of work through the tickets. We can also easily maintain a backlog of tickets. If two separate people submit a similar ticket (or at least two tickets that reference the same work effort), we can combine those tickets easily so that we aren't feeling overwhelmed with more tickets than actual work.

Cons

The biggest debate among our team members is when it is necessary to create a ticket. JIRA has created a culture of needing to log every little thing, even if it takes just a moment to complete the work. Sometimes, it takes longer to create the ticket than to complete the task at hand. That tells me there is too much reliance on JIRA to report work completed. It causes some in management to show that their department is succeeding simply by the number of tickets completed. But the tickets don't tell the whole story, especially because there isn't a time component to those tickets being completed.

Jonathan

Reviewed on 26/12/2019

Jira for IT Project Management and Integrated Project Teams

I still love Jira for the flexibility, I use Jira Software to manage integrated project teams and internal IT projects and helpdesk. It is great to have basically a one stop shop for managing tasks and tickets across a variety of projects and departments. The biggest thing truly is entering in your information and that comes down to managing your teams and setting expectations on ticket information quality.

Pros

Flexibility in workflows and tracking separate projects and sub-projects in the same system.

Ease of creating multiple tickets as well as placing them into different projects without having to be in the projects portal.

Creating reports to review metrics is relatively easy, it was useful in an integrated project to review estimated times reported in previous sprints to project development times for other projects.

The flexibility of how tickets look and editable fields as well as workflows to tailor to the team and/or project being worked on.

Cons

The bad part of Jira's flexibility is that settings are all over the place and you typically need to refer to Jira's knowledge base on how to configure custom settings whether it is for fields inside of tickets, workflow settings and automations, and many other settings.

The standard Jira end user interface is not exactly user friendly and some things may not make sense depending on the team using it such as a ticket being in a closed state however the resolution state has separate "states" such as do, don't do which is more used by software development teams.

Jira typically requires a lot of customization when setting up new projects either for project managers, agile software development teams, or integrated project teams. As an administrator this can be difficult to convey to my end users who want to track their projects in Jira. This is where you need to have great communication with your end users to be able to setup and tailor the Jira project to their needs and improve the overall Jira experience.

Mohammed Sohail
Mohammed Sohail

Reviewed on 23/6/2020

Improvement in Active Sprint View

JIRA is really serves the purpose of managing the Project and complete tracking along with the required reports generation. This is the first go-to tool when it comes to tracking of tickets/tasks/assignments in Project Deliverables. I would continue using it and recommend other teams as it is very convenient to use.

Pros

The issue search or search filters are really helpful and easily we can save our own filters and share it with the team. This really helps us to manage different team's sprints and backlogs easily.

Cons

The new Active Sprint view limits or restricts users to understand the main story and its subtasks. It is difficult to navigate or track the original ticket in an Active sprint view. As an alternative to this, we navigate to Backlog view and from there we track the Active Sprint tickets. The Active Sprint view should provide option to enable or disable the view of sub-tasks for the tickets. I mean, more customization here would really help users to make their own choices.

Reviewed on 4/4/2021

If you are doing Agile/SCRUM software development, JIRA is a must

JIRA was a bit tough at first to pick up, but soon you understand how it works and its features, your workflow becomes very smooth. However, I would like if JIRA had fewer technical terminologies or quick help features in case you get lost inside. They gave a tour when they introduced the 'new issue view' and you can still find it useful in the "Actions" tab on the right top of the screen. JIRA is a must if you are in the IT industry.

Pros

My organisation uses Agile software development to do product development, it would be appropriate for me to say every one of us uses this software right from the developers, to QAs to designers to Product Managers to even the senior management. Everyone has their own work areas inside JIRA. It is difficult to say in few words what JIRA is, it is a complete suite for a software development company and I'd suggest you try out JIRA no matter the size of your team. My main work areas and familiarity are the backlog, story management and issue reporting. JIRA acts as the single source of truth with its easy to use Epic and Story feature which makes the life of a product owner very comfortable. The development teams are then able to do their story estimations and sprint planning all in the same place. I would highly recommend you to try JIRA even if you are a startup or a big software house.

Cons

JIRA has a learning curve (at least for me, coming from a non-technical or project management background) but with a bit of training (can be done by yourself) it is not that hard to get up and running. Initially, I struggled to find my way around the software and also didn't know how to use some features and tools. But when you get accustomed to the UI, you will realise the power of JIRA.

Reviewed on 20/7/2022

Easy project management for everyday use!

My overall experience with Jira has been really good. Having used it for the first time for a particular project, I found it relatively easy to learn. The flexible creation of dashboards and filters has helped me keep my project tasks and tickets in a coordinated and neat manner, which has ensured I do not miss out on anything important unnecessarily.

Pros

Jira is a great tool. I use it every day as a part of a support project. I use it to keep track of my tickets like incidents, alerts, and service requests. The tool is super easy to use and one can learn it easily. The ticket management is absolutely great. Jira allows the user to create various filters and dashboards to keep a track of his/her various tickets, tasks, and requests. Multiple dashboards can be created as per project needs and can be shared easily with the team members to improve collaboration and communication within the team. Jira allows has tools to create data analytics which can help the user understand the day-to-day work in depth easily. One does not have to manually work on the data, and can simply use the analysis tools provided by Jira. Keeping a track of others' tickets is also very simple, and all one needs to do is add oneself as a watcher in whichever he/she wishes to. Another great feature of this software is closing multiple incidents/alerts/tickets in bulk. Having used this functionality on a daily basis, I know how much time and energy is saved which can be better utilized. There is also a mobile application available which can be used when a laptop/desktop is not available to the user.

Cons

The only drawback I have experienced while using Jira is that it does not provide an option to have sound notifications. For example, while working with tickets, Jira does not notify the user of a new ticket with a sound. So when away from the device, the user might miss out on an important ticket unless it has collaborated with another tool like pagerduty.

Even the mobile application does not have the option to enable sound notifications, and each time the user needs to open the application to see if any new tickets have been added to the queue.

Reviewed on 23/9/2022

Comprehensive, Customizable Task & Project Tracking - Designated Administrator Reccommended

Jira is an incredibly powerful tool that takes administration investment to really harness its power - identifying or designating a "Jira Champion" would be necessary, IMHO, for companies with a user-base larger than 75 people. While I understand where others may not be so keen on the time it takes to implement and customize, professionally, I am a believer in the power of Jira now and as we continue to grow. I don't see us moving away from it, even with the additional investment in Jira education, any time soon - its power is unmatched in the space.

Pros

Jira is *incredibly* versatile. You can customize almost every aspect of your Cloud instance, Project, Boards, & Workflows to fit nearly any use case, and across multiple departments.
Permissions to your Jira instance can be restricted at a very granular level if need-be, but can be more broad if the occasion calls for it.
Additionally, and probably the largest reason we transitioned from enterprise Jira to a Cloud Jira instance is the pervasive availability of integration across the market.
Speaking of market - Jira has a growing 3rd-party market that offers enhancements to the Jira platform that Jira does not natively provide or are too complex for an untrained Jira administrator to script themselves. Of those that are "approved" by Jira, we are extremely happy with the breadth of functionality, integration and ease of use.
With all that I do have to say that our favorite thing with all project leads is Jira Automation. Once you understand the "SmartValues" language that automation runs on, the use cases for automation are truly endless. It is one of the many strong features from a project management perspective.

Cons

Jira takes a village. Atlassian has an incredible resources in the "Atlassian Community" and they do a great job of having experienced users there to answer questions but, because each instance can be set up so differently, the actual customer support request portal is limited to bug fixes. As a result, much of my time administering Jira is spent researching how to fix a roadblock or how to modify permissions - a lot of "learning by doing". Generally speaking, Jira can be difficult to use from an administration perspective, *but* for the purposes of moving ticket along, the UX is pretty good and the UI is fairly intuitive.

Reshma

Reviewed on 22/6/2023

Jira is my ultimate solution for efficient project management and issue tracking

Jira Software is a powerful and feature-rich project management tool with solid issue-tracking capabilities. It is well-suited for teams practicing Agile methodologies and offers extensive customizability and integration options.

Pros

1. Issue Tracking: Jira Software allow my team to create and track issues or tasks.2. Support Agile Methodologies: Jira Software supports Agile methodologies. It provides boards to visualize and manage work, backlogs to prioritize tasks, and sprints to plan and track iterative development cycles.3. Integration: Jira Software integrates with various tools and services commonly used in software development, such as source code repositories (e.g., GitHub, Bitbucket)These integrations enhance collaboration and streamline development processes.4. Reporting and Analytics: Jira Software provides built-in reports and metrics, and that helped me to track project progress, team performance, and issue resolution.5. Customizable Dashboards: Jira Software helped me by creating personalized dashboards to monitor key project metrics, track assigned issues, and view activity streams.

Cons

1. Complexity for beginners: Jira Software can be difficult for users who are new to the platform or project management in general. The extensive customization options and complex configuration settings may require a learning curve and additional training for some users to fully leverage its capabilities.2. Expensive: While Jira Software offers a free tier for small teams, the pricing can be quite steep as the team size and feature requirements increase. This can make it less accessible for small or budget-constrained organizations, especially when considering the additional costs of integrations and add-ons.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 14/9/2020

Great all-around tool for Agile project management and software development!

My overall experience with Jira has been great so far. There is a lot more to learn and Jira provides that opportunity to create the best experience for me and my colleagues. They do keep introducing new features and facilitate an active community to gather feedback and actually act on it. Jira has definitely added a lot of value in how we do project management and software development at my company. It has his flaws but it still works out to be the best tool for us to accomplish the purpose at hand this far. I'm sure it will only get better from me and we can get the utmost value from Jira in the long run.

Pros

First of all, this product offered a free trial to experience the features first-hand without any strings attached. It was great to have the ability to go and play in a sandbox environment and carefully evaluate what it can and cannot do for me and how it can add value to my organization. Set up and gaining access was easy and quick. The different permissioning levels make sense to stay organized and maintain accurate information. Some of the features I liked the most was having a great UI for exploring and learning without much training. I was personally tasked with setting up a couple of projects and the respective boards for my teams and I was able to do that in a pretty self-serve way. The design is minimalistic and doesn't feel overwhelming, it is clean and navigable. Easily creating backlogs, sprints and administering those are also my favorite features because it makes it so easy to implement an Agile project management and software development culture. The categories of initiatives, epics, stories, tasks etc. align very well with the Agile methodologies in following the same hierarchy. I love being able to get a quick summary view of the tasks before diving deep into the details. Assigning owners, labeling, story points to track work effort needed, description fields, attachments, comments and seamless integrations with other products make it all the more user-friendly. Kanban Board views in Active Sprints tabs provides a clearly easy to understand view of progress.

Cons

Managing boards within each project is the first that comes to mind. Jira does not offer a standard naming convention for the projects and boards and this can cause some major confusion. I have hard coding this manually and training people to do the same to ensure consistency. If you attached Lucidchart diagrams or embed other important document within tasks or epics, they don't update in real-time or even with refresh which is frustrating. This runs the risk of people getting outdated information which can misinform their actions. The search functionality within Jira is also something that I like the least. It does not return optimal results or even close to optimal results. Sometimes it does not search for metadata and you have to remember the actual word you're searching for to track down a task. It returns an overwhelming amount of results and the filtering or sorting options available are confusing and hard to understand. Another limitation is that even though one project can have multiple boards within, it can only have the one same backlog of items which does not make sense to me. There also cannot be multiple sprints running across different boards and all of this makes me wonder what the actual difference between projects and boards are. Jira also lacks some automation in moving tasks to different statuses upon completion. The workflows are suboptimal and don't work as intended most times. The reporting capabilities within Jira are also quite weak in my opinion.