Yodeck Reviews

4.9

4.9
Visit Website

About Yodeck

Yodeck is an award-winning cloud-based digital signage solution that helps organizations of all sizes create amazing digital signs in minutes. Voted #1 easiest to use, it’s a breeze to upload and schedule all types of media,...

4.8

Browse Yodeck Reviews

2,418 of 2,418 reviews
Wayne
Wayne
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/3/2024

Digital signage that's easy to use and customize!

Pros

I like that is just works! We plugged it in and then was able to display our custom content within minutes. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the help articles are well written. We had to contact support only once and the issue was resolved with one chat in under 20 minutes. I use Yodeck for both my entertainment and education needs and would suggest it.

Cons

I am unsure I can find a con about Yodeck now. We have been happy with all aspects, and it works for our needs. I guess if I had to pick one, the Instagram App is a little slow loading, but that's being picky.

Troy

Reviewed on 5/2/2024

FANTASTIC for our digital signage at the Y!

We switched to Yodeck from Screenly as we were no longer satisfied with the service they provided for the cost they charged. Upon finding Yodeck and discovering that having one monitor on the service is completely free to use, we signed right up. Since then the service has been phenomenal. There have been no outages/problems with the service that I can recall, and everything was so easy to learn and manipulate. Customer support (from the few times I've contacted them with questions) are incredible and very responsive as well. We are currently using Yodeck for free but if we ever expand to multiple monitors I wouldn't have a problem upgrading to a paid plan. It's definitely worth it!

Pros

Yodeck is incredibly easy to use, manipulate, and understand while supporting more file types and media types than any other digital signage service I've seen. We are currently only using one monitor so use the service for free but would have no problem purchasing the plans to support more monitors. The value of the service is worth it. Playlists are super easy to create and manage, and the types of media you can display are numerous. Definitely very satisfied with Yodeck as a service!

Cons

There is nothing that I actively dislike about Yodeck, however I do wish there was a way to put an mp3 in a regular playlist to have backing music. Maybe there is a way to do this that I haven't found yet, but I haven't been able to stick an mp3 in a regular playlist yet.

Victoria
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Great idea poor excution Frustrating Experience with Yodeck: Glitches, Complicated Setup, and...

Pros

Free Trial. Number of integrations available to use.

Cons

I recently had the unfortunate experience of using the Yodeck application, and it left me thoroughly disappointed and frustrated. The issues I encountered ranged from constant glitches to an overly complicated setup process, coupled with abysmal customer support. As a potential customer, my experience has undoubtedly led me to reconsider my decision to purchase a player and license from Yodeck.

First and foremost, the application's performance was far from satisfactory. Glitches were a constant companion, interrupting the smooth operation of the platform. This significantly undermined the reliability of Yodeck, making it difficult to trust the application for seamless content management.

The setup process, touted to be user-friendly, turned out to be quite the opposite. The complexity of the installation and configuration procedures made the entire experience more challenging than it should be. For a user like me, seeking an intuitive and straightforward solution, Yodeck fell short of expectations.

Adding to the frustration was the customer support, which proved to be utterly inadequate. When attempting to address the glitches and seek assistance with the setup, I encountered delays, unhelpful responses, and an overall lack of responsiveness. The level of support I experienced did not instill confidence in the company's commitment to customer satisfaction.

Considering the myriad issues I faced during my trial of Yodeck, I have decided to take a hard pass on purchasing a player and license. The combination of glitches, a convoluted setup process, and subpar customer support does not make for a compelling case for investing in this platform. Potential users should be wary of the challenges they may encounter and carefully consider whether Yodeck aligns with their expectations and requirements before making a commitment.

Top Yodeck Alternatives

michael

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Yodeck review

Very good...easy content management, technical support quick to respond if any issues.

Pros

The ability of software and hardware to control monitors, despite make/model of monitor

Cons

recurring cost without a volume discount. I would replace all other services if my cost per Yodeck screen went down with volume

ScreenCloud

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Ability to turn on or off client screens

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

lower recurring cost than streaming services and lower hardware cost than other media player providers
Taylor

Reviewed on 27/2/2024

Great Solution for Sharing Content in Real Time and Managed Remotely!

After setting up, I am confident that my display is working, secure, monitored daily by Yodeck and allows me to remotely change when needed.

Pros

After figuring set up, it was smooth sailing to get my digital display showcasing my playlist filled with content to attract people to our store. Now I can manage the content remotely and check in whenever the activity of each monitor I have attached a Yodeck player to. Their plans are affordable and dashboard easy to use. I can conveniently change content online whenever needed and ensure the content is displayed properly without needing to physically be in front of the screen. The demo was quick and easy. The customer support is great. The monitor has been active every day and their system even alerts me for any inconsistencies when a monitor is offline more than usual, which was awesome.

Cons

It was a bit tricky to figure out setting up the Yodeck player onto a monitor, but I now understand how it works with information from their knowledge base to use the correct settings. It's unfortunate they will be increasing their pricing soon, but that inevitable due to inflation. Overall, there is not much to dislike as it is straight forward once you complete the set up properly. Nothing has malfunctioned so far and I hope this can be a long term solution. I wish they priced in Canadian so Canadian customers can pay in their currency.

Linden
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 1/3/2024

Great for getting started, but scalable for all your needs.

10/10 would buy. If we ever decide to expand our signage, I will definitely be getting more players.

Pros

The features Yodeck gives you with the free account are enough to start using the display immediately. Also, with the player being set up by Yodeck, you do not need to be tech-savvy converting a Pi or computer yourself.

Cons

I understand that they need to make money, but there are some features in the layout settings I would like to be able to use without paying for the monthly account. Although you do get a player with the purchase of an account so it's not that bad. I'm just trying to keep the monthly cost down. Also, I would like to see some of the Apps have a little more control. For example, the birthday app will display a birthday on the date based on a spreadsheet. This is great, but when there isn't a birthday you get a blank slide or you can set a default photo (from a web page). I would much rather see the slide just skipped, like a scheduled media.

Screenly and OptiSigns

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Ease of setup, Total investment cost, monthly cost of service.
Benjamin
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 6/3/2024

Easy to make good loking Layouts

We have an iiyama tv with iiSignage². Unfortunately, iiSignage² offers us so few design options that we had to look for an alternative. We are now completely satisfied with Yodeck.

Pros

No Problem to Connect all Type of Screens
-> Many Ways to make a Display Yodeck ready
The layout editor is very easy to use and offers many options to customize the design.
One Screen is just for free
The Free Plan offers all features that I need

Cons

Some features in the Layout Editor are missing...
-> Ability to group elements and move them together, or change the Size
-> Ability to rotate all elements. It is only possible with cliparts.

Adam
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 4/3/2024

Yodeck filled a hole in our presentation plan

I'm very happy with the professional, yet highly customizable visual displays I am able to produce with minimal hardware investment.

Pros

The things I like are legion, Yodeck filled a gap in our presentation plan at first and then exceeded my expectations after I got it running and began playing with it on a deeper level. Remote web portal means I can update the display anytime an idea pops into my head. Multimedia support allows for closed captioned video as well as still images. Lastly, the apps (like weather and calendar) that allows me to layer them on our existing photos for a personal touch is very nice.

Cons

I have not found something that I wish Yodeck would do for me that it is not already capable of doing.

Raspberry Pi OS

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Yodeck is much more intuitive and has many more features than the competition that I had looked at prior.
Steve
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 2/3/2024

Great product!

Pros

I utilize the remote managements functionality and scheduling features the most and love them all.

Cons

Just the initial learning of the system and how to do everything.

Reviewed on 25/3/2024

Great Solution for internal signage

It's been great so far, easy to setup the boxes that we ordered. I think there is a lot more to come from this solution as we use it.

Pros

After looking at several solutions to bring this to the business and Yodeck is pretty good value solution on the whole. It has a lot of functionality including Sharepoint integration which we plan to use in one of the locations.

Cons

It can be a little cumbersome I find when you first start out. Trying to find your way around the playlists you have created etc they also sent all the boxes to one location when I place two separate orders for different locations.

OptiSigns

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

We also looked at Brightsign which is not included above. Ultimately it came down to functionality and cost in my final decision to go with Yodeck.
Joakim
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 25/4/2023

Perfect solution for easy to manage signage

Pros

Coming from a Windows-based setup with Powerpoint-slides that never autoplayed the way they were supposed to and retired a lot of hands on, Yodeck was a real blessing for our lobby. Running on Raspberry PI was no issues, and the whole setup was done in less than 30 minutes.We can quickly edit our signage, set up layouts that work with our corporate branding, and also use widgets to display news and weather to our visitors. Compared to other systems, I must say that this is a very potent solution that fit our small business perfectly. Scaling it up would be no issue since the management interface is very sleek.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve to the layout designing which might scare a casual user. However, in cases where we felt that we couldn't produce what we required in Yodeck we simply create the slide in Photoshop and upload that and push it to our players, which works very well.

Jeff

Reviewed on 2/10/2023

Yodeck IS the answer for K12 schools looking to use digital signage

Excellent product, excellent customer service and value for the powerful solution that Yodeck provides.

Pros

Yodeck is simple to setup, inexpensive and easy to manage. There isn't much of a learning curve with the Yodeck user interface and purchasing the players (we upgraded from the free players to the 4gb version for a nominal charge) from Yodeck is a plus and a must if you don't want to fool with setup. When I got my players, all I had to do was plug them into the screens, power them on and register them. Yodeck added our wifi settings and named the devices so that was great and meant a few less steps for me. Getting the content setup and figuring out scheduling, layouts, etc. was a breeze using the Yodeck tutorial videos. And when I did run into an issue, their online chat support was there to walk me through the solution quickly. There's really no negatives with Yodeck!

Cons

It took me a few trys to get the scheduling to work the way I needed it to. I just didn't understand exactly how it worked. But after a few tries and watching the tutorial, I got it to work and now it's working seamlessly for us.

Wallboard Display

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Google Chromebits are difficult to find AND Google Digital signage is very limited and not very user-friendly when you start adding lots of screens to your deployment.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Pricing and ease of use. I set up a free screen using the Yodeck platform and discovered how easy it was and that sold me.
Ruru

Reviewed on 27/8/2023

YoDeck for the win

Thus far it has worked very well. More than well. Yodeck has been above and beyond what we were looking for.

Pros

What I like most about Yodeck is that it is easy to use and powerful enough to do what we need.

Cons

The only con is that Yodeck takes a bit longer than I would like to update content.

Square Point of Sale and 3PLEX

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Yodeck was quicker to use and faster implement than other platforms we have looked at.

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

It was simple and easy enough for all team members to use.
Forrest

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Easiest Signage Ever

Implemented and used it for a couple years at my previous job (20 or so players). I am just now deploying it at my school district, so far we have 20 players, but that will grow fairly quickly.

Pros

Super easy to deploy. Super easy to sit someone who has never touched digital signage in front of the dashboard and start having them upload content on their screens. The documentation is very thorough, and the Youtube videos are very valuable.

Cons

Every once in a while I get a player out of the box that gets messed up during the initializing process and have to re-image the microsd card. Everything works fine after that. Very minor annoyance.

Barry
Barry
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

A very simple-to-use, affordable, scalable setup for display screens

I've had a great experience with Yodeck and it was an easy sell for our organization. The cost is affordable, the customer service and tech support are FANTASTIC (even if only available via email), and we are very pleased with the 11 screens we have implemented thus far with Yodeck.

Pros

I love how easy the Yodeck app is to use. Tagging and scheduling content is EASY EASY EASY and works great!

Cons

I would like to see some improvements in the security with some of the widgets. I don't want to provide my login credentials for SharePoint, PowerBI, etc. to be able to use some of those widgets. There has to be a better (more secure) way...

ScreenCloud and Screenly

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Managing PCs, Windows, Office, etc. was expensive, time-consuming, and a pain.

Price, simplicity, Raspberry Pi players included
Amira
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 13/9/2023

Managing Digital Signage efficiently

My overall experience with Yodeck was wonderful. I found its user interface easy to use and the platform was very helpful for managing my digital content.

Pros

Yodeck has helped me and my organization in managing, organizing and displaying the content on a digital screen through its digital signage solution. This platform has helped me in keeping sensitive data confidential, creating a playlist and organizing my digital content from anytime at anywhere through its remote management system. Also, I was fascinated by its user interface which was very easy to use.

Cons

The overall experience with Yodeck was wonderful however it's pricing is a bit more expensive for small businesses. The platform works on cloud based model and needs internet everytime lacking offline capabilities. I also faced a problem of storage limitations while storing my various contents.

George
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 25/7/2023

Surprisingly good for the investment

Very good. While it wasn't an exact fit for technical capabilities when we started, they do continuously improve the product. While we're a bit fussy technically, there is nobody out there who accomplishes what yodeck does in a hassle-feee manner for 98% of use cases. Objectively solid product.

Pros

With a year commitment of modest investment, they give you the player. Super handy. It ingests content (video, images) very well. Complete control of schedule, playlists, even device (TV) management is above its class in the field for it's modest pricetag

Cons

'Apps' (dynamic web based content) is there, but rudimentary. Advanced integrations require a developer. While usable on a mobile device, it requires practice with interface glitches. We manage our devices almost exclusively by mobile device - and it's ok, but may frustrate some. Lack of an API is a weakness. In our context, automated scheduling content based on special events or emergency events would be awfully nice. (Niche use case, but lack of API handles is what's keeping yodeck from being the only solution worth having)

Rise Vision and Sedna

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Price, speed of deployment, capability, workflow fit
Pip
Pip
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 18/1/2024

Ridiculously Simple

In a word - fantastic. Super simple, very effective, does exactly what I want, and more.

Pros

After spending far too long trying to run a series of NOC screens in our technical department using computers, web browsers, extensions, hacky scripts... we were reccomended Yodeck by a partner. It looked great, and the pricing was really reasonable, so we went for it.

I wish we'd tried it earlier - I had the old solution completely replaced, with a much easier, more visually appealing, and more reliable solution within an afternoon. It was so easy to build, it could be done by just about anyone. Plenty of apps and integrations to suit all your needs.

I have no idea what Yodeck's customer support is like - we havn't needed it, but if it is anything like the documentation, it will be excellent.

If you're reading this, I assume you're interested in yodeck. Stop reading, go try it.

Cons

No major issues - waiting for the devices to ship to us felt like a long time, but in reality they were shipped quickly by Yodeck and only held up by our mail service.

Randy
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 25/2/2022

Yodeck is a great solution for digital signage.

I have be using Yodeck for multiple locations for more than 3 years, and I am extremely satisfied with its capability.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The flexibility to partition the display into custom size area with a variety of content and sources (external websites, YouTube, weather widgets, scrolling text, etc.)

Cons

I have not found an way to acknowledge or hide cookie and location messages that websites require users to confirm.

ScreenCloud

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

We don't have a large budget and we use the signage for sharing information with employees and visitors. I have found Yodeck to be the best value in the market. We have not experienced any outages because of the software/device. Yodeck had all of the features that we need, and a lot more.
Christian

Reviewed on 7/9/2020

Digital signeage made easy

With Yodeck we can not only entertain and inform our customers in the waiting areas, but also have the opportunity to provide this service for our customers.

Thanks to the highly scalable structure of the system, not only can small individual solutions be created, but customers with multiple locations and company departments can also be wonderfully supplied.

We are currently working on connecting the shops of several petrol stations to our system built with Yodeck. The test operations for this are already running extremely promisingly.

Pros

The fact that each individual display can be provided with individual content or combined into groups and locations ensures that a wide range of solutions can be implemented.

The schedules and playlists are a particularly powerful tool for delivering the right content to the right place at the right time.
With yodeck this is solved much more efficiently than we know from other systems.

User roles and work areas make it possible for technically less experienced people to provide content for the displays without jeopardizing the security and functionality of the entire system.
Anyone who knows other solutions knows that this cannot be taken for granted.

We are happy to now not only be able to use the various possibilities ourselves, but also to have found an extremely interesting new product for our customers.

Cons

In the beginning, some processes were much more complex, not clearly explained, poorly labeled or misleadingly translated. In addition, some functions that were important to us were missing.

However, since the software is continuously being improved, these problems could gradually be resolved, so that Yodeck has now become a powerful tool at a fair price that flexibly adapts to the needs of the users.

For digital menu boards, we would like to be able to show and hide content in an animated manner and to move it across the screen with keyframes, a timeline or such.

Stewart
Stewart
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 6/11/2023

Yodeck Digital Signage: The Game-Changer at Andrew Johnson Golf Club's Front Door

Walking into Andrew Johnson Golf Club, you're immediately greeted by more than just the friendly staff — an innovative and dynamic Yodeck digital signage platform welcomes you, seamlessly blending technology with the timeless charm of the game.

As a centerpiece in our foyer, the digital signage does more than just catch the eye. It serves as a pivotal source of information, from displaying the club's calendar to detailing the hours of operation. But it doesn't stop there. For our members and guests looking to join in on the competitive fun, the latest tournament updates and scramble information are presented in clear, vibrant visuals, ensuring everyone is in the loop and ready to tee off.

A key feature we particularly appreciate is the real-time course conditions and weather updates. This allows our golfers to prepare for their round with just a glance, setting the tone for an exceptional day on the greens. The user-friendly interface of the Yodeck platform means that our staff can update and manage content with ease, ensuring that information is not just timely but also accurate and well-presented.

Invaluable is not a term we use lightly, but for the Yodeck digital signage at Andrew Johnson Golf Club, it fits perfectly. The versatility and efficiency of the platform have elevated our communication, creating an interactive and engaging experience for everyone who walks through our doors. It's not just a tool; it's an integral part of our club's commitment to excellence and member satisfaction.

We wholeheartedly recommend Yodeck to any establishment looking to enhance their guests' experience with professional, reliable, and state-of-the-art digital signage. For us, it's a clear hole-in-one!

Cons

In the spirit of a fair review, it's worth considering any drawbacks of the Yodeck digital signage platform. However, in the two years since its installation at Andrew Johnson Golf Club, the system has operated flawlessly, with no notable issues to report. The one instance where we required assistance, the hiccup was swiftly and efficiently resolved by their responsive support staff. While some may yearn for a con to weigh against the many pros, our experience has been so positive that finding fault seems more like searching for a needle in a well-kept fairway. Yodeck has proven to be a reliable and robust solution for our digital communication needs.

Dana

Reviewed on 7/3/2024

Excellent Software, Hardware, and Support

Overall, I think the onboarding process is top notch and I really doubt there's any other company who is willing to spend one-on-one time getting each customer set up the way YoDeck does, especially for the price! It's only a few dollars per month per screen, they included the hardware, and they provided personalized setup and support. There's really nothing to complain about! We have only had one potential point of confusion, and the company listened to our concern and took it seriously. We have no doubt that YoDeck is looking into it and will address things appropriately as needed. There are lots of plug-ins to make the signage work with various software, they have a great selection of templates and animations, and there are so many ways to turn tvs/screens/monitors into displays through hardware options or YoDeck apps in various app stores. We'd highly recommend trying YoDeck first!

Pros

The whole experience of getting set up is as easy as it can be! Our company chose an annual plan, which included free hardware for running our digital signage. It arrived with all of the software pre-installed and configured, so we only had to plug it into the tv and turn it on! It even had our network credentials already set up and ready to go. Once it arrived, their support team scheduled a personalized one-on-one conference call with us to walk us through how to use their web software for running the signage and sent us helpful links and contact info for future inquiries. I feel like they really went above and beyond!

Cons

I mostly don't have anything I don't like. The only small feedback that I gave YoDeck is that there seems to be confusion with date and time input when it comes to scheduling content times. I might want content to display from Jan 1 to Dec 31 between 9am and 5pm, but some screens and support reps interpret that as running non-stop from Jan 1 at 9am until Dec 31 at 5pm, while other understand that we mean daily from Jan 1 until Dec 31 with content starting each day at 9am and ending at 5pm. We did already relay this concern/potential confusion to YoDeck and they said they are taking a look at it to ensure that everything works as intended, and it may possibly have just been confusion or miscommunication on the part of tech support about how the related software screens work.

Patrick
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Yodeck saved me countless headaches!

Pros

What I like the most is my ability to completely control everything remotely. (I can even SSH into the pi, if I need/want.) What I like the second most is the fact that I almost never have to do anything. It just works. It updates itself, I set a screen schedule that it follows, weather alerts are automatic, etc. Setting up and managing digital signage with Yodeck is easy and convenient.

Cons

The price seems a bit high. I know it is about the same or a little less than most other digital signage solutions with similar features, but I think the others are way overpriced. Should the price increase anymore, we definitely will be canceling. However, take this criticism with a grain of salt. We do not sell ads or make any money using this software. We use it to manage our 2-3 internal screens that display some information for convenience. If we needed to manage more screens (5-10) and our use wasn't simply convenience, this would certainly be worth every penny. If they made the first screen actually free (i.e. 2 screens means 1 paid and 1 free), that would definitely change my opinion on the product's value.

Michelle

Reviewed on 9/1/2024

Healthcare Kiosk use

Once I received help on set up and was able to explain how we wanted to use the system, it went smoothly. We wanted a kiosk style with daily changing information using pictures/slides to tell the story. Our user wants to know what activities are happening each day and what food choices will be served that day.
If your system worked with Google Calendar, we could have set up the playlists better. We need to get info out on a rotating monthly basis (ie first Monday of the month) and a six week rotation. We created images for both areas, then put them in playlists, then schedule them. Currently the way your scheduling works, it takes a bit more work to set up. Once we did the labor intensive part of set up, it overall works pretty well for us.

Pros

We like the ability of putting images/pictures into a daily playlist and being able to schedule them. A picture tells our story well.

Cons

The set up seemed redundant in the way we use it.
Another minor con was the way and timing we would get a specific-to-us answer. We are in the US, Central Standard Time. I don't believe the person responding to our Yodeck questions was on the same time and we could only respond via email. We did get answers and everything worked out in the end.

SIDHARTH

Reviewed on 3/12/2023

EASE IN COMMUNICATING WITH CUSTOMERS

The overall experience is better than all the apps i have tried and tested.

Pros

All the features are good, but the best is that we can link cloud drive link to it and drop content in cloud. This is easier than uploading photos and videos in website.

Cons

01. We have faced issues in playing youtube videos or live stream from OTT platforms like Hotstar or Netflix in screens.
02. Also, I'm a customer from India and no Indian Bank cards work in yodeck payment gateway. Netbanking option is also not avaible.
03. There should be a low priced package for business units which have smaller operations, or in a single location. Doing this can tap in a lot of customers for yodeck in Indian Market. Making more clients and making products affordable in a win-win for both of us.