About Weebly

Weebly is an e-commerce solution designed for small and midsize businesses. It offers shopping cart management, inventory management, website management and mobile app management within a suite. The product is available both in...

4.1
4.2

Browse Weebly Reviews

1,696 of 1,696 reviews
Joshua
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

Great For Those With Little Experience

Overall, this would be my go-to platform to build a fast and easy website for any friends who need something great looking but manageable with little experience or learning curve.

Pros

The best thing about Weebly is the simplicity of building a very professional looking website with little or no site-building experience. If WordPress is out of reach for you but you need a solid professiona looking site for your small business, Weebly is the way to go. I built several websites for other companies in the past using this platform with the idea that they can then manage it themselves without any technical knowledge. This was the perfect platform for this and among other similar platforms definitely seemed to be the easiest to use.

Cons

There definitely is a ceiling of what you can do with this platform. From there you will want to move to something more advanced like WordPress. This isn't necessarily a knock on Weebly though, they never designed it to be a WordPress rival in general.

Ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Ease of use. Little learning curve. Professional designs.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 7/9/2022

Drag and Drop Website Building For Beginners

Honestly, Weebly is an easy platform to use. You can quickly build a website for free or you can choose to go with a paid plan. I've used the free version and the paid version without any hiccups. For anyone just starting out online, their platform is a dream.

Pros

Weebly comes with website templates that are ready to go right out the box. For anyone looking to build a website without the fuss of watching a million tutorials or YouTube "how to" vids, this is a winner.

Cons

While Weebly makes website building is easy, there is little that can be done beyond the templates they provide. This is why I left Weebly and switched over to WordPress for all of my websites.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

I preferred the website templates that Weebly had to offer over the templates that came with Wix.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

I left Wix and started building on Weebly because I preferred the templates on Weebly.
Melissa
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

Easy to use but limited plugin capabilities

Good for basic websites.

Pros

I love how intuitive it is to use. I find it easier to edit than Wordpress.

Cons

There needs to be more capabilities for complex plugins. It's very basic and limited.

Top Weebly Alternatives

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

Great for beginners, business owners, or hobbyists

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I literally built Weebly websites when I was about 10 years old, before I knew a lick of HTML. I've since used it to build several unused sites and a couple of active ones. I have one up now that's for a liquor store my parents own, and since they didn't need anything fancy they were able to save hundreds if not thousands on making their website by simply having me do it easily on Weebly.

Cons

I would recommend sticking with Weebly as your webhosting service if you're going to build the site here because they really don't make it easy to integrate with a separate web hosting service. I also question the dynamic capabilities of Weebly's site builder without usage of manual JS code. I haven't looked much into the paid plug-ins, though, so if that's what people are using then it may be possible.

Wix, Squarespace and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Wix is basically Prezi... Weebly is a real website builder.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Wix, like I said didn't fit my quality standards the first time I tried it. For several uses I paid for weebly on, an online store or e-commerce site was not required, so shopify didn't make a lot of sense for them. We have also used Squarespace and felt it was of similar quality, albeit somewhat more complicated to use. We have also used Shopify if and when an online store was what we sought. For simply built static pages, I feel Weebly is the best option followed by Squarespace.
Jared

Reviewed on 2/6/2022

Webmasters beware

I've built multiple websites for clients as well as my own and I've never been disappointed that the quality reaches the maximum for each goal the client wants to achieve.

Pros

The website offers dummy proof controls to build a website that helps a client launch and stay in budget for where they want to go with their business.

Cons

There's a lot of limitations in branding, and scalability with product integrations.

Elementor, Squarespace, GoDaddy Website Builder and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

The content management and design is within scale and reason less time consuming.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Great for the money and can build a nice site in a few hours

Pros

It is easy to make a professional-looking site on Weebly, even if you have no coding experience. Unless you are very attune to Weebly templates, you would never know if a site was made in Weebly or made by scratch for a few thousand dollars.

Cons

I believe the pricing scheme changed recently making purchasing a custom domain more expensive.

Natasha
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 24/8/2022

For Website Creation and Management, Look No Further Than Weebly

Pros

Weebly is so simple to use, allows you to constantly upgrade and improve your website effortlessly, and allows for seamless integrations with other apps and products. Amazing!

Cons

There are no cons to report at this time.

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Easy to use, limited functions

Pros

Weebly has an extremely low learning curve and can quickly create a professional and passable website. It is intuitive to use and does most basic things well.

Cons

Weebly lacks a lot of customizations that other website builders have. Additionally, it has a rather rigid structure that can be hard to break out of when using templates.

Realena

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

Weebly

Pros

I used this app for how many years now. Easy to manage, to create blog, website, to drags photos and edit. So powerful and easy to use and not only that you can build your website for FREE!!

Cons

Because years gone by, I forgot my email and password. Is there's a way access to site again?....

Luke

Reviewed on 31/7/2022

Couldn't get started really...

Not a pleasant one. I never managed to create a webpage as I had pictured it in my mind. I preferred webs in the end.

Pros

It has a generous free plan. Editor is simple and easy if you do not wish for anything complicated.

Cons

The weebly domain. It has limited blogging tools, I could not set up shop. It seemed to want me to pay for help. The editor kept causing me hardship and I found it very hard to use and navigate and move things around.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

Weebly may be the best website builder for churches and small businesses!

We are extremely pleased with Weebly. After using Wordpress for many years previously and dealing with the broken code (quite often) it is definitely a blessing to be able to not have to worry about our site having a meltdown with a forced update.

Pros

It's a very intuitive product. But the ease of setup and the fact that you don't have to manage the site from a server standpoint is great. We love how easy it is to work with and how professional and elegant a website it has been for us. We like to keep our website up-to-date and current (sometimes by season) and Weebly allows us to do that without a huge outlay of cost.

Cons

There is really no way to recover deleted content. You can recover a page if it has been deleted but if text or images have been deleted you can not undo that. It hasn't been a huge issue for us at our church but for some other churches that we've assisted in building for them they have had issues with an editor "accidentally" deleting all of the content from a page and not being able to recover it.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Our Wordpress site was built by an agency and was very expensive to make even minor aesthetic improvements. Weebly gives us the ultimate flexibility to make the changes that our leadership requires and at an extremely reasonable rate.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Previous experience with Squarespace. It was not as intuitive as we would like and Weebly just worked so well.
Kristi

Reviewed on 27/1/2022

Weebly is user friendly and cost effective if you need a web page set up quickly!

I have not had to contact Weebly support at all, so that is a positive in my book! Many times when I start out with a new software program or web program, there is a lot of communication between myself and the company support team in order to get things how I need them. This was so user-friendly that my son set up a free personal page for a class in just a single day. As a tech coordinator, this was very easy for me to set up, and our admin assistant was able to learn to add & edit content very quickly.

Pros

I like that there are many themes to choose from to customize your site on Weebly, and the interface is user friendly. You can switch back and forth from a screen that looks like a word processor (for selecting bold, italics, font size, color, etc.) OR you can switch to the coding language of HTML if you want further customizations. I have gotten along great without needing to switch to HTML, but it is nice to know I have the option. There is a nice variety of templates to choose from, and you can control who can view your page. For our organization, we only wanted our staff to have access to personnel forms, so we set this up with a password. Very easy to select that option if you need a private site.

Cons

At first it was confusing that I had to make two payments every few years. Then I realized that one payment is for Weebly to secure your preferred domain name (if it is available) and they register it for you. I have that part set up to renew every five years.

The second payment is an annual subscription fee for using the Weebly software interface and all the features that comes along with that including a nice selection of themes.

Jimmy

Reviewed on 24/12/2021

It is easy and cheap and you can get a website up quickly

Overall I have been a loyal customer with now 3 websites for probably 10 years. I like them better than Go Daddy, well at least from 10 years ago. I think the Square addition should be a little less imposing, I know it is their company and I use them as my credit card processing and POS and the integration is cool but Weebly I think should be about the website first. It a quick way to get a website with a domain up and minimal knowledge cheap though so overall I do like the product.

Pros

I like how you do not have to know HTML and a whole bunch of other modern languages. It is quick and easy to launch a website and a trusted company that is not a scam which the internet is filled with. I like the shell overall and have 3 different websites with them.

Cons

When Square took over it made it much harder to navigate through the shell to build on the websites and it is not customizable enough for individual companies. Also I don't like how they try and force you into multiple expensive subscriptions such as (custom)@(your name.yourdomain) they want to try and make you think you have to pay google all this money and you do not. There are many things there where I feel like they should be honest and give you choices.

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Who knew WEEBLY would keep us in business?

Overall, WEEBLY has been a lifesaver for us. The customer support has been really helpful, and usually solved our issues immediately. Our business will probably include online ordering through WEEBLY even after things settle down. It has helped streamline a lot of larger orders and helped create a more sustainable version of what we do.

Pros

We have grown VERY familiar with WEEBLY since the COVID-19 pandemic began. We use Square POS for our coffee shop, and WEEBLY is directly integrated with the online side of Square. We were very early adopters of WEEBLY, and initially had to sort of hack many of the features to make it do what we wanted to. WEEBLY has made accepting online orders - which was previously a very daunting idea - very easy. WEEBLY integrated perfectly with our Square system, and allowed us to use our current item library from Square for an easy online ordering system. It prints to paper printers our iPad digital printers, and helped streamline online orders at a crucial time in our business, where most of our sales were going through WEEBLY.

Cons

Sometimes WEEBLY will freeze up and create a spinning circle during checkout. This has created some issues for customers trying to order from us but end up giving up after waiting 15 minutes for it to load. It has gotten better as more people have adopted it during the COVID-19 pandemic.

One more problem! If you decide to add items INSIDE Weebly instead of Square, it won't add any of the default taxes. We've sold items for weeks without charging tax and didn't notice until later. Just keep an eye out for that when creating items inside the Weebly back end.

Tyler
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 25/5/2020

Weebly Review - An Easy Solution to Creating a Website

I would describe it as nothing short of successful. We have been able to build from scratch a professional website that has been great for providing information to our customers and guests. We have had no technological problems, though I did find myself contacting customer support on a couple of occasions. They were very responsive and helpful! Overall, I would describe it as a great success using Weebly.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is that it provides for the ability for more technologically-limited users, such as myself, to easily create a professional website. The ease of use is exemplary, as my favorite feature is the "drag and drop" ability to add in sections, pictures, and widgets. Additionally, there are extra plugins that are available but for basic use, it is very easy to quickly create a user-friendly website the has been easy for our customers to learn about our business.

Cons

As a double-edged sword, it should be noted that, for more advanced users, this might seem like a more basic alternative. The ease of use is great but for people who are looking for a more high-end, advanced website might want to consider other options. For the purposes of our business and its needs, this fits excellently.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

I, personally, am not technologically savvy enough to use other products. Drag and drop was a huge factor for me because I needed to both be able to build the website and have it be reviewed and edited by our staff. We all are at the same level of competence and this was a solution that fit us all!
Lena

Reviewed on 14/1/2020

Easy and professional website design

I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Magento was very old fashioned and hard to use. Integrations were a nightmare and trying to find the right reports to access my data took forever.

Adobe Commerce

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

I liked having the free plan to be able to test out most of the features with weebly and overall found it easier to use and the pricing plans were more competitive.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pros

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly:
- It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using.
- Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform.
- Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from.
- No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset.
- Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great.
- There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help.
- I think it's great for using with students
It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Cons

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Primary reasons are the user friendliness and the pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Pricing was the primary reason. In hindsight, I also feel that it was easier and quicker to get the Weebly site up and live.
Susanne

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task to complete it later if I am not available. My distribution lists are growing readily from the pop-ups to join my newsletters etc. I absolutely love Weebly's business platform, website building tools, and fee schedules. Give it a try. One more great thing about Weebly if you are just starting up they have a free website building tool and if I remember correctly 13 years ago anyways they offered free hosting with their logo inserted on the bottom of the web pages. If it;'s not free I can guarantee they are low fees to get up and running. Good luck choosing the right supports for your business and personal website management.

Pros

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and click and follow pictures along the way you have this one down already! I really like the customer service I have received from Weebly people. They have all been very friendly, efficient and provided me with working solutions in responding only after 1 request submitted. They are educated on their product and this saves me time. I appreciate correct information and easy to apply solutions as I am a sole proprietor managing all of my own systems. I always get this from Weebly staff. I won't use anything else.
The fees they charge are very competitive and they network so well with so many outside companies that managing your business requires. I say a big thumbs up for Weebly's technical gusto and friendly customer service.

Cons

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 16/9/2019

Great options for a self-published author

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

The cost:value ration just worked better for me on Weebly. I still use Wordpress for a different blog, but it's the free version. I just don't like Wordpress's paid plans very well.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Again, the pricing:value ration seemed better for me on Weebly.
Sarah-jean
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

Better than other website builders

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

shivam
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 21/3/2021

Make your Website in Just Few clicks!

My experience with Weebly is really Enjoyable , it was so easy to build website .. i am using Weebly at least 1-2 years :D

Pros

I like this website so much ! you don't need to design website by code . you need to just design by few click i like this this feature most and also it gives you 30 days trial for free which is the best option's for students / beginners !

Cons

all features are good But do you know that out of 1000 good things, there is one evil and only one thing is lacking in it and that thing is Website design .. website is good but I notice that when my free trial has been expired then I want to delete my website and I am trying to find out how to delete my website but i can't find it then my friend tell me there you can delete it .... So i want to tell you that please try to delete website easily and also add New Themes , Plugins and some thing more ....

Wix, WordPress and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Wix is also a good website but it was very costly which I cant afford it

I choose Weebly because it's not very costly , Trusted Brand
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

Good website builder for small platforms

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.
The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal
My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base.
Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

BigCommerce

Alyssa
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Do It Yourself Website

Overall, I love Weebly. I have been using it to host my website for quite a few years now and it is so easy. I tweak it all the time and I've very rarely had any issues. And their customer service has always been very helpful. I highly recommend this program.

Pros

Weebly has been one of the easiest programs to use for creating and maintaining my personal actor website. I have multiple pages, photos, people can contact me directly through my site. It is all very clean and organized and there are so many options to choose from for presentation of your site.

It is easy to log on and do as small or large of an update as needed, and your new edits are published in minutes. There's no middle man to have to get anything approved, you can just come and go as you please.

I only use the basic free version of Weebly and it has almost all the features I need.

Cons

I feel like sometimes the program is a bit limiting when you choose a certain type of formatting. For example, on my cover page, I have the title, then a photo on the left and a box for my "welcome" on the right. I never seem to get the exact formatting or change the font/size to what I need in that box.

But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, that is fine by me. There really isn't much else to complain about. Maybe if I upgraded to the paid version, that is more of an option/there's more flexibility. I don't know for sure though.

Wix and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Overall Weebly just seemed more user friendly at the time. I did a little trial of Squarespace and it was fine, but I preferred the format of Weebly. And Wix I've had so many friends use it but they always seem to have an issue with it one way or another.
Hallie

Reviewed on 25/1/2022

Perfect for Our Small Business

Very simple to use

Pros

It was very easy to set up the initial website. The basic layout is great and as I used it more, it was easier to manage and navigate

Cons

I cannot put things exactly where I like. They often jump to align with the next graphic which sometimes I would rather it align with a specific word or sentence on the page.

Wix and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

I found wix to be more difficult to navigate when I had to use it for school projects.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Easier to set up and link with my google domain
Katie

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

Pros

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

Cons

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Wix and BigCommerce

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Shopify was another platform I had to maintain, and I had to add a million "apps" to get it how I wanted it. It didn't integrate with Square, so trying to sync all of my accounts was out of the question. I had to list a new product in multiple places, which I no longer have to do. Weebly is slightly less expensive, but gives me back a lot of time.

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.