About Front

Front is a customer communication hub that surrounds every high-stakes conversation with team collaboration capabilities and contextual data to ensure responses are always fast, accurate, and deeply personalized. Front’s modern...

4.2

Browse Front Reviews

Jan
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 28/5/2020

We wouldn't be the same without Front

Front is the backbone of communications, from talking with customers, taking care of signups and inquiries and handling customer support, Front lets us do all of that remotely.

Pros

Front helps us respond so much faster as we collaborate on high impact messages and it lets us know what each other's doing. The support team is also really fast and reliable.

Cons

Runs on Electron, so can be a bit slow. Some missing features but the team is iterating really quickly.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

Great Software, Terrible Billing and Support Policies

Pros

It has a number of very good features for helping teams work together for sales and support. The abilities to share, assign, comment on, snooze and resurface issues makes zero inbox possible. Keeps clutter down and focus on what is most important at the moment. We really like the 'product'.

Cons

-Front's Billing policies are absurd. If one signs up for an annual plan adding a user even if only temporarily for a day or a month while transitioning employees results in a charge for as much as a full year for that seat.

-During the sales process, you will experience significant personal, real-time communications. Once the sales process is over, don't hope to EVER be able to have a real-time conversation with anybody. Regardless of the severity or complexity of the issue, the only option is email that often takes days to get a response which can be a real problem when the platform is down since it is the only way to contact them. They had a chat ability for a while but turned it off apparently because customer expectations for a timely response were too high.

-Don't bother making suggestions. Although they have what appears to be a strong attitude towards involving customers, suggestions get a pat on the head and swept into a 'we'll pass that on' basket. No methods or interest to surface ideas and suggestions in a way that other end-users can expand upon or upvote/prioritize.

Solène
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Use of Front

Front has become an absolute essential to my work and my co-workers' work. It is to the point that it has surpassed other mail tools such as Gmail. It is a perfect mix between Gmail, Messenger and Dropbox. Likewise, it is very simple to use, and it has a real added value : it enables us, as a team work, to chat in real time and to share files very quickly and in a very organized manner. I truly believe I will definitely have a hard time doing without Front in my next jobs.

Pros

Cons

I have nothing to dislike about this software, except for the fact that I had difficulties in the beginning to correctly see my number of emails in my Inbox.

Top Front Alternatives

Reviewed on 2/4/2018

One of the worst email applications I've ever used

Pros

The overall look of Front is simple, which is nice.

The snooze function on emails.

The support staff were friendly and quick to answer.

Cons

My company switched my team over to Front after a couple people who shared an inbox had issues with managing it. I didn't have a shared inbox, but struggled with the lack of functionality for just personal inboxes.

There are so many missed functionalities to Front it made my job incredibly inefficient. I found myself spending more time doing my job which consists of heavy emailing because of Front problems.

1. No calendar. Cannot make appointments, set up meetings, etc.

2. Unable to edit messages in a previous thread. Say someone sends you a list of questions. You cannot just answer next to their list in the previous email and say "see below."

3. Archiving messages... when we first switched to Front, the management team used it for a few weeks to test it. When the team was instructed to switch within the next couple weeks, and BOOM thousands of emails that Front could not autoarchive. I had about 10 emails in Outlook during the switch. The front inbox had accumulated thousands over the course of the management test period. Front could only auto archive shared inboxes, not personal. I had to spend 20 minutes selecting 3000 emails to auto archive since it didn't sync correctly with Outlook.

4. Saving emails... you can't. You only have the option to send a link of the email which only works for those that also used front.

5. You cannot edit pasted tables in front, as far as formatting goes. No deletion of columns or making rows smaller.

6. No red flags or categorizing. Often I'd keep emails in Outlook and red flag them to remind myself to check on it before I leave. No flagging in Outlook. This is replaced by snoozing in Front to make it reappear later, but I do miss the flag option.

7. You archive something in someone else's inbox that they share with you... it archives in their inbox, too.

8. No options to make folders. You want to move emails to a folder to refer to later? You cannot.

I could go on and on and ended up emailing a list of 18 problems after using Front for the first 3 months to management who sent to Front support. The responses were basically they hope to rollout that feature one day. Which obviously doesn't help now.

Candice
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Front is a game changer

Since we started with Front in 2018 its been a game changer for the company. We no longer are bogged down by individual emails and use team emails that has streamlined work flow. The internal comments and discussions keep everyone communicating effortlessly. When someone is out of the office we can easily assign a customer to someone else on the team and the integration of apps make keeping in touch with our driving via text simple and all in one place.

Pros

Ability to internally communicate effortlessly, workflow management, integration of apps, email organization, team email distribution

Cons

mobile app does not do everything that the desktop app does

Reviewed on 18/1/2023

Great product, occasionally painful sales team.

Generally, it's great. There are some services we don't use, but equally we don't pay for them. We used to regularly get upsell attempts which grated a bit, but thankfully these have slowed.

Pros

Helps us work as a team:- Senior staff liaise with clients, getting junior staff to assist on tasks.- Covering inboxes of people on holiday/study/sick.

Cons

Had to have an argument over billing ~6 months ago, felt they tried to rip us off then implied I was a liar.

Cheryl Ann
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

The New Front-tier of Remote Working

My overall experience with Front is it allows you work efficiently, keep in touch with your team at all times and overall just allows you work faster.Personally, I believe it is a great tool to have for any organization because of the integrations and features it offers.

Pros

Front looks like a regular email with upgrades which includes the followingArchive: This is used instead of deleting in case to need it again you can do a searchOpen: This is where your emails that needs to be handled are kept. Whether or not they are read or unreadAssigned: My favorite, once an email is assigned to you, you must handle it. You are able to assign task or tickets to yourself or unassigned as well.Snooze is another good one. This is like a parking lot. You can leave a ticket here and pick it up tomorrowOther things I like about Front are, It allows you to integrate your personal and work emails in one place and offers the option for personal inbox, team inboxes and the ability to assign a conversation. Front even gives you the option to add your companies plugins.

Cons

As a user, I honestly can't think of anything that's missing right now. It's a great tool.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Front is a game changer for executive assistants

I was new to Front when I joined my latest company this year and going forward, I would ask any executive I work with to use this app to help me free up their time.

Pros

Front allows me to be in my executive's inbox with so many more sorting features than just sharing an email login. The ability to keep my CEO at inbox zero, while sorting emails into various categories, prioritized for attention, has brought the time he wastes on inbox management to zero. He can immediately start replying/responding/assigning. The ability to comment internally within the email helps us assign and decision make without an extra slack ping. The spam rule creator has pared that cumbersome task down completely. Assigning emails helps us get work done without an extra conversation. All these time savers have added up to a significant lift in daily flow and efficiency.

Cons

Front was a bit of a learning curve the first couple of weeks -- figuring out where emails went when using certain features. If ease of ux / walk through was addressed, it would be the only improvement I could ask for.

Federico
  • Industry: Printing

Email overflow management

Positive experience overall.

Pros

I loved the Inbox -> Channels system. We were able to organize the mess that several shared Exchange mailboxes brought us over time.We now have a bird eye view of everything. Assignments and comments made it easy to reroute conversations as needed.

Cons

It lacks an Italian translation. Most of us don't know English, but the tool was valuable enough that we made the necessary steps to abilitate non-english collegues to use Front.

Riccardo

Front's Daily Usage

Overall I'm satisfied with the product, it helps us a lot

Pros

I can write comments and tag colleagues under specific mails

Cons

In a conversation, when I click on a mail I will see the preview of the first mail I haven't read in that conversation. This may mislead if I am in a hurry

Adam
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 22/4/2020

Great software, hard to be without

Pros

The best part of Front is that it only adds a layer on top of already existing things, such as an e-mail inbox. Other helpdesk software systems tend to be built around their own database structures and add e-mail on top of that instead. The approach that Front uses also means that if one were to ever leave Front, every single correspondence with customers is still sitting in your e-mail account (s).

Cons

There's not really anything I've ever disliked about the software. My pet peeve is that they've raised the prices quite dramatically over the last years. I'm disappointed that software creators these days seem to lure customers in with low prices to build their base and then raise the prices once they have a big enough customer base. But all in all, the software in itself is great.

Freshdesk and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Front

Because Front uses a completely approach which I think is a much more logical one, especially for a company like hours where each "ticket" or correspondence is usually resolved quickly.
Jessica
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 25/5/2020

Multiplayer email! Can't believe some people don't use this

Fantastic! We are a team of two, and one of us is the main visionary, the other is the one communicating with customers. We needed a quick and efficient way of having one person write an email, the other person check it and add notes, and both parties okaying it before sending. Also, with customer support, it's nice to be able to store responses I use a lot, and quickly modify them to suit the individual recipient. Front helps us in these two ways, primarily, and that makes it by far worth the money.

Pros

Being able to chat with coworkers about emails before they send. Being able to take over a draft someone else wrote, and send from my account, and share drafts with colleagues and have them edit, take them over, OR just give them back to me. Basically it's multiplayer mode for email. And I love the canned responses feature.

Cons

There are issues with the canned responses that make it not 100% efficient. Example: hard to filter canned responses other than by keyword in the title, not easy to make quick edits to them or replace an old one. Maybe because not everyone likes that feature other than me. But it still works and I have confidence it will improve in the future.

Mallory

Reviewed on 11/9/2020

Collaboration with Front is so easy!

Pros

I think my favorite thing about Front is the ability to collaborate with teammates on emails + share drafts. I also use the canned response feature A LOT, as well as the Snooze ability. It helps me keep my inbox clean, while still allowing me to follow up at a time of my choosing!

Cons

I still use the Gmail calendar interface. I think improvements have been made to Front's calendar though, so I need to check it out again.

Tim

Reviewed on 27/4/2020

Starter Front User Look Elsewhere

Prompt customer service and serves bigger & larger teams well. For start ups or employees under 5, look elsewhere like Helpwise.io, Missive.io, Loop Email, Spark Email

Pros

1) Prompt Customer Response
2) Easy to use & setup
3) Team collaborations & chat
4) Calendar integration

Cons

1) Limited features & zero integration for starter plans
2) Too expensive for starter plans
3) No CRM integration for starter plan
4) No API access token for starter plan

Nadiv
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Front: your home base for email communication with customers

Using Front, I am able to reach many customers on a daily basis. Front helps me solve their problems by allowing me to communicate quickly and effectively. I can't praise this software enough.

Pros

I use Front daily to communicate with customers. Overall, Front is a powerful and accessible email client with a very pleasing UI.

What I like in particular is the template functionality. Templates for emails can be stored, changed at any time, and are lighting-quick to access. I also like Front's internal messaging system for writing notes to colleagues (using the @ system). This means I can leave notes for colleagues, for customer cases that require more time or team input.
Front's search functionality is also unparalleled. If my organisation has ever had any contact with a customer, I can find it using the barest of search strings. To give an example: Front will pull up alternative email adresses that customers have, by cross-referncing known information such as customer name.
Lastly, the UI uses colors that aid readability, but are also visually very pleasing.

All in all this software is critical to my daily work, and is the most pleasant and easy-to-use email client I've ever used.

Cons

I personally find very few faults or things that could be improved, that would have a direct effect on the work I do. Having said that, I find the conversation tracking function ever so slightly redundant. This is because I keep track of conversations myself, by having multiple Front tabs open. On the alternate tabs, I use search strings to keep all prior conversation with a customer open. I am aware however that this is my personal style of working, so it doesn't say much about the tracking function itself.

Giada
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 28/7/2020

Front App - Reading, Writing and Assigning emails in a team oriented way.

I am extremely satisfied of this app. It's super easy to use and perfect when working in team. It's basically impossible to miss any email with this software and super nice the way it looks like when using it on a daily basis. Plus it takes all the rules and marks of your main inbox provider (gmail, outlook etc.). Highly recommended even for all its features and possibility to integrate it with the main useful app: Aircall, Google Cal etc.

Pros

What I definitely like the most is the way you can assign emails to your team mates - especially when reviewing the same inbox. Generally with other provider is always difficult to organize your workflow and dividing email by forwarding them all. In this way, by using a super simple and well designed app, you can simple go through the object of the email, even read it if needed and then directly assign it to your colleagues. Moreover, you can even assign the email to more than one people - keeping everyone posted about important issue. Last but not least, you can use this app even to comment and share plus information about email or work to do with that email/costumer directly using the chat below the main inbox (this is something that can be shown just between team mates - avoiding the possibly of sending personal information to the direct costumer while forwarding the email to your colleagues).

Cons

I think that the app version could be improved, especially in the way it shows notifications. Each time I open it - I can see the amount of my entire inbox and it always seems you still have work to do even if you are up to date with all your daily emails.

Shari
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 5/7/2022

A Great Software to Communicate With Customers

Pros

I've used Zendesk for years, which is a really popular customer ticket support software, and this software is way better than it! The UI is already familiar as its set up like the main inbox to your Gmail or Outlook account and you can actually see when a customer has 'Seen' your message! The software has its own Desktop app unlike a lot of others, but I mostly use it through the web to sift through multiple tickets easily. A great benefit, as well, is how easily you can integrate other software into their plug in feature. So you can connect it with your business' Shopify, Salesforce, WhatsApp, Google drive and many many other apps! There's a comment section on each conversation that you can use to communicate with team members and because it's a true emailing software, you can CC and BCC other people on your customer's messages, if necessary. You can set a time limit for how long you have to cancel a sending response and you can create templates for canned responses/macros that you will have to use on a regular. It's a really great software and I wish I could use it for every email/ticket customer support role I'm ever in.

Cons

The only dislike I have is when I was first given access to it, I selected the option to log in with my work's Google account to make the process easier. I then realized that my work emails were actually coming into the main Front's inbox and all the other teams could see those messages. I found the option to turn off all personal incoming messages but I could not unlink my Google account from it so I can still see all my old messages in my inbox and have no way of removing them without them being deleted from my actual work account's email.

Lauren
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 25/9/2020

A Shared Work Model DREAM!

Pros

My team uses Front daily for our customer communication, as well as internal communication. The ability to tag an internal user and comment on the threads without having to reply to the email is a game-changer when it comes to problem-solving and communication regarding more complex emails.
We used multiple inboxes, separated into different inbox groups, with different permissions. It was easy to track and manage despite having so many inboxes.
In a shared work model, the ability to assign emails to yourself or other members of the team was extremely useful, to ensure we were not doing double-work or responding to emails at the same time. On top of that, you would be able to see when a teammate was replying or typing under the email, which was a good way to know who was working on what.

Cons

Front tended to have quite a few outages and crashes that impacted our workflow heavily. Fortunately these were able to be resolved quickly and communication was reliable and fast! However, the number of times we experienced an outage was frustrating.

Julian
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

Make email your superpower.

Pros

it's very convenient to have ALL of your company's communication in ONE place. Nothing slips through the cracks - from emails/facebook messages/tweets and text messages you name it it's all there. It's very intuitive to talk with the team and get back to customers/prospects with an answer.

A win win and great investment for company that works digitally.

Cons

It takes a while to onboard the whole team and get them to understand all the features.
Also it's quite pricey per user per month.

Zendesk Suite

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

Best Collaborative Shared Inbox Tool out there

Pros

The key feature that differentiates Front is that it has collaborative shared inboxes that enable us to create shared drafts, comment/communicate on threads, and manage email communications super effectively. Previously, we attempted to use Gmail to accomplish this, but Front does a great job of managing the workflow of sharing one email and collaborating effectively.

Cons

I wish there were more productivity / super-user oriented features that were more robust. There are some quirks about the workflows that make it slower for us to use. This is not a deal-breaker, but I wish it could be better.

Joyce
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 3/9/2020

Best email collaboration software

Pros

Our support team first migrated over to Front from a traditional ticketing software a couple of years ago, and we were blown away by how easy it was to use. We've since added other use cases and teams to Front, and most of our team members also use it as their main email client for their personal work emails. I also personally love the ability to automate parts of our workflow using Zapier and the Front API — it's a real game-changer.

Cons

There have been significant price increases over the last few years since we've started using the software. While we'd like to have more team members using Front, the pricing is just not feasible for us at this point. The other small thing would be very specific missing features we would love to see that just aren't supported at the moment. But that's totally understandable as our use case may not be very common.

Bryant
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 3/6/2020

Great email platform for team collaboration

Our team can provide support to our clients around the clock and share drafts with each other, ensuring that all clients receive the attention needed while providing our team with opportunities to collaborate on responses and communication strategies.

Pros

The shared inbox is a great feature for our client service team. We provide 24 hour support, and being able to assign open emails to available team members ensures that our clients can receive acknowledgement and support when needed. I also enjoy the various integrations with other systems that are available (contacts, calendars, proprietary workflow management systems, etc.). The Front support team is also accessible and responsive to issues and requests.

Cons

The notification settings seem spotty - I either receive none or a notification for everything, whether or not the email is assigned to me. Additionally, there are quite a few service delays or interruptions. Occasionally the inbox counts can be off from the actual numbers of emails therein.

Stefany

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Organized and Efficient

My company uses Front in a way that it was not created. I say this because the company accommodated our use rather than letting us go. Because of this allowance, they have made our day to day use of hundreds of emails efficient and effective. We are able to assign incoming email, share with unlimited employees and a number of integrations keeps the app connected to our CRM and other integral apps. Folders allow us to keep a very organized view of our incoming mail stream with employees that are offsite or in different countries.

The number one reason for choosing Front was their phone app. Beautifully designed and easy enough to use by my least technical employee with ease. Compatible with IOS and Android. There are regualr upgrades so they are a growing and innovative group of people.

Their willingness to work with us and even take suggestions for upgrades was a deciding factor to stick with Front.

Pros

Easy to use, scalable to any size company and has a fantastic phone app.

Cons

No issues so far.

Ethan

Reviewed on 30/1/2019

Front App made my customer support job a breeze 99% of the time.

Pros

The internal commenting system was instrumental to make sure everyone on the team knew where we were with a specific ticket. The ability to build custom modules for the program allowed our dev team to hook up our customer database to Front to easily search any relevant piece of info we needed without having to leave the program.

Cons

They recently updated the UI to be more modern and user friendly, but unfortunately hid or removed a lot of the features that were in the forefront with the old design. You can still access most of them, but they now require a few extra clicks, which can interrupt work flow.

Response from Front

Hi Ethan, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on the workflow issues. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

Replied 31/1/2019
Whitney

Reviewed on 8/6/2020

Easy to use, easy to communicate

I really do think it's great.

Pros

Front App is so user friendly. It just looks nice and so I don't mind spending 6 - 8 hours a day using the software. That's just a bonus on top of how easy it is to communicate in-house with the software. We are a small team, who suddenly started working remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic. It has been so easy to adapt our usual in office communication to communication within front. We can pull other members in with a quick @ mention, share drafts, work in inboxes together, and organize our various folders/inboxes.

Cons

The shared-with-me option can sometimes be overwhelming because suddenly EVERYTHING is shared. However, this could also be a setting thing & a personal preference.