About Mend

Launch your Telemedicine program today with MendFree. Mend is a cloud-based healthcare communication solution that enables patients and providers to connect and share files, messages, assessments, photos and data. Users and...

Browse Mend Reviews

Incredibly Impressed

Really impressed. I will recommend this to all colleagues. Everything has been so incredibly easy to access all of our patients who fill out the paperwork complement on the ease of the system.

Pros

We are able to add surveys for our patients to take which has been tremendously helpful in our assessment process. Getting the scores for the surveys is also tremendously easy.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Madelyn S. Madelyn S.

Reviewed on 20/8/2021

Another new thing?

So easy to use, the Sandbox feature allowed me to 'play' with the program which was most helpful.

Pros

so easy to deploy
immediate customer service via chat
Sandbox Program for practicing

Cons

It was just one more new thing to worry about learning

Jennifer H. Jennifer H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 12/7/2020

Mend

My overall experience with Mend was helpful, a lot of other software don't give you the tools to be able to show X-rays and other documents that your doctor would want to share with you.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use when getting into touch with your doctor. I only used this software once to go over my X-rays on my back. I like that you can use this on your computer or your cell phone, makes it very convenient. You have ton's of different chat tools and can video chat with your doctor while going over results.

Cons

The downer of this software is how much is it. I think the price rounds around $100 to $200 bucks which is way to pricey for me, and there's no way I could afford that especially when there is so many different ways over the computer or your cell that you can use to talk to your doctor. My doctor wanted me to use this software to be able to access my X-Rays and see what's going on which is why is was free for me just this once.

Response from Mend VIP

Mend does not charge a patient to use the services. Any patient responsibility is between the patient and the provider. Mend starts at $49 per provider per month.

Replied 16/7/2020

Top Mend Alternatives

Rori J. Rori J.

Mend Review

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Pros

Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part.

Cons

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

Linnette L. Linnette L.

User Friendly

AS I mention before I really love the customer service, I had brought an issue before to them and within days it was resolve making my experience better than before.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use and it has an amazing customer service. I have ask questions and ask for the Mend team to help me and they have always been quick to respond and help me with whatever issue I might have.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the clients to be prompt to make their own payments, by inputting their credit or debit cards themselves and if the card is declined then they couldn't proceed to their appointment. However I understand that the Mend team works everyday to improved their software.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. We can collect the payment during the appointment booking process. We will follow up to gather your feedback and discuss possible options.

2/14/19 - We talked to Linnette and we had the ability to solve the payment problem with our digital forms and come up with a much better workflow to solve the payment issue.

Replied 14/2/2019
Rannon A. Rannon A.

Reoccurring Issues that Never Get Addressed

Unresponsive and overall bad tech. I would not recommend your service to others in behavioral health. I wish so badly we would switch to Zoom or WebEx. I have been begging our director about this since this has all started 6 months ago. I gave your organization grace and was patient due to all that has been going on, but you have made some steep promises that you could handle this. I don't see you stepping up to the plate to address something so basic around reliability that has me rather upset.

Pros

The ease of use and certain functionalities are nice, however they don't always work such as the share your screen function is very hit or miss.

Cons

Since we have started on this venture with your organization I constantly hear negative feedback from my clinical staff of 10 providers that client's get dropped from their group, client's can't login due to the email never getting sent out, and my providers getting removed from the group. It appears that anytime the group size is over 8-10 individuals present the platform implodes and becomes very shaky from a performance standpoint. All of my providers have 14-16 clients each group, so every group gets impacted by this. It's not just one of them. I worry about how long this is going to go on for un-addressed. I hold a staffing every week with my providers and it's the first thing they ask about, "when is Mend going to fix this?" They use the tech support line when they have the time to do it, but usually they have found the feedback is never helpful. My providers are very frustrated and I am quite frankly tired of hearing about it. Please, I beg you look into upgrading your servers, software, or whatever you think would fix this issue. It has gone on far too long. It's a running joke about your service with our client's and it's affecting the way people want to engage in virtual care with us.

Response from Mend VIP

Rannon, thank you for the feedback. We have released many changes and we're pushing to get them implemented. We have a new setting to decrease resources needed for large groups. We have feature to dial in people over the phone with poor equipment or connectivity.

Offering group capability over the Web was brand new development performed for your organization specifically. We agreed to a date to deliver this brand new feature and then a pandemic happened. We still met our delivery date and no other company or team would have been able to deliver on schedule like we did. We're very proud of that.

Any new development during a global pandemic is going to experience some bumps in the road. We appreciate your patience and we're pushing as well to get changes made deployed to everyone.

Replied 30/9/2020
Michelle S. Michelle S.

Reviewed on 21/4/2021

Just so-so

Overall ok, but could sure be improved w/ features & integration with EHR

Pros

Pretty easy to learn. Generally reliable - and lots of emails if malfunctioning. Has lots of tip sheets. Patients don't have to download an app

Cons

Limited features (e.g., screen share would be nice); not connected to EHR so have to schedule/check out appts in 2 places which is a real hassle.

Response from Mend VIP

Michelle, thank you so much for the review! We do have screen share and have had it for long time if you click the screen button while in a video session.

You can also connect with our world class service team in seconds using the Need Help? button to get help in seconds with screen share.

We also have numerous options for EHR integration as we can connect to the majority of EHRs out there. I am the CEO of Mend, feel free to contact me directly anytime if you need help with the integration or anything else on the platform. [email protected]

Replied 29/5/2021
Bethany D. Bethany D.

Reviewed on 22/12/2018

Good product

My overall experience with Mend has been great! I am able to see clients from all over the country. No matter if I am traveling or at a different office, I am able to have full therapy sessions.

Pros

The thing I love most about this product is how easy it is for clients to use to connect with me for sessions. It runs really well.

Cons

You do need to have a strong internet connection for it work really well. This can be pretty frustrating when you don't or strong internet is not available in certain areas of the country.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it! We have major performance improvements to video releasing the first week of the new year (Jan. '19). Video will require even less bandwidth and we'll have better support for group video sessions. There will also be a new design to make it even easier to use.

Replied 27/12/2018
Ashley B. Ashley B.

Mend is great

Pros

I liked most that it was easy to add users to the system whenever needed. Also the implementation team and customer service team were ALWAYS available and willing to help with any changes or issues we needed.

Cons

The scheduling was a little tiresome. There are a lot of steps to add a provider's schedule and then schedule a patient. Also, it was not hooked up to our EHR so everything had to be hand entered.

Justin W. Justin W.

Reviewed on 13/7/2021

Mend has helped expand our service outreach for patients

Pros

Mend is easy to use and works 95% of the time. It provides access to services for patients who couldn't otherwise access services for various reasons.

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind. There are a few instances where it has not worked, but the company is quick to fix the problem. The tech requirements are pretty accessible, but, of course, not everyone has the technology available to utilize Mend.

Jacquelyn W. Jacquelyn W.

Reviewed on 11/2/2019

Great system, easy to use for patients and providers.

Great asset to our patients!

Pros

I am the scheduler, not a provider, but this system is so easy to use on my end. The couple times I have had a question or had a new situation I hadn't seen arise I was able to send a help request and was almost immediately connected to a tech and issue resolved extremely quickly.

Cons

The one thing I wish could be different is having mom, dad, and children all together. As it is, the child can be under either dad or mom, it would be great to have them together and be accessible by either parent.

Kari R. Kari R.

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Pros

It does save time. Allows patients less waiting time.

Cons

The set up process seemed difficult. It took our office some time to get it set up.

Response from Mend VIP

Appreciate the feedback. We do everything possible to make implementation as smooth as possible. We have dedicated account managers, live training, instant support, and more.

Your account manager will design workflows for your new digital environment along with detailed project timelines and deliverables. Most other products let you sign up and leave it on you to master everything. Not at Mend, we're here every step of the way to provide assistance so that you are successful.

Sarah E. Sarah E.

Mend review

Pros

It’s pretty easy to use if all you want to do is a virtual visit

Cons

Connectivity sometimes is slow or drops.. also sometimes it is difficult for older patients or less technologically savvy individuals to use

Florence G. Florence G.

MEND

We are able to cut down wait times for patients, our patients really like the option of seeing the provider from home and at their convience

Pros

It's easy to create new accounts for patients

Cons

I really like this software its easy for our patients to use

David M. David M.

Reviewed on 1/11/2021

Good quality product

It works well for the telemedicine/therapy sessions I need. Serves it's purpose.

Pros

Easy to set up sessions. Video quality is good. Easy to address technical issues. Good interface, but does take a little while to get used to. I like the feature that texts me when someone is trying to start a session.

Cons

I'd like to have the option for a consistent web address that goes to a waiting room (similar to some other services), that being said, the existing approach works fine. Over all, it has more features than I need in my small practice.

William M. William M.

Mend review

Obviously like many others we started heavily using this service overnight. It has certainly met my needs and helped us to continue to service our patients.

Pros

It's easy to use. Simple for patients to understand. Most of my patients, even the older patients do just fine with it.

Cons

Audio always drops off for patients if someone calls them while on a visit.

Jaime S. Jaime S.

mend review

Easy scheduling for providers

Pros

Easy to use, makes scheduling easy to add or delete appointments

Cons

Only works well with chrome server or there is a lot of echo

Molly M. Molly M.

Medical Provider

It has been a great solution during this COVID-19 pandemic to allow providers to continue serving the community and taking care of people who are in need. It has delivered a safe environment to both the provider and the patient.

Pros

I have been using Mend for approximately 3 months intermittently . I feel it has been fairly intuitive with great icon for clarity and navigation. Mend IT support has been quite helpful as well during a virtual call with a patient. Typically solving the problem while trying to conduct a visit.

Cons

Like all software it has a learning curve, but I would have to say it has been one of the easier transitions that I have experienced throughout my medical career.

Christa C. Christa C.

Ease of product

Overall works well

Pros

The product is easy to navigate and use.

Cons

have to refresh often to update correctly

Rosa L. Rosa L.

Reviewed on 30/9/2020

Good

Over all it is a good product.

Pros

It is easy to set up for patients on phone or computer. Adding new or editing patients is also very easy.

Cons

Some times when you transfer appointments to provider they disparate. We have check in patient and leave checked in but can’t transfer. If a patient doesn’t have an email address you can’t add them as a new patient.

Response from Mend VIP

You can add patients without an email and we can assist with this process.

Any issues with transferring visits are likely do to the filters that are set on the transfer queue.

We are ready within seconds to help resolve these issues. Please contact us using the Need Help? option.

Replied 29/5/2021
Elisabeth F. Elisabeth F.

Great Customer service!

Pros

Men offers a fast and helpful customer service which has been very helpful to me at times

Cons

Some features are not intuitive, such as the calendar vs. list view. Also, editing patient's information does not always work and I have needed customer service support for that.

Lynn M. Lynn M.

Reviewed on 22/2/2019

Mend

It's been Very well once we get the bugs worked out. If you work with it everyday its pretty easily and fun!

Pros

once you get the hang of scheduling its pretty easily!

Cons

putting in for a child under the parents names, gets kinda confusing sometimes

Response from Mend VIP

Awesome feedback! A communication platform is slightly different for kids. Government regulations under COPPA and other laws like the federal E-sign Act mean that parents need to control a child's account. In an EHR, the patient never has access so you can load anyone of any age anytime. When you have documents and appointments being pushed out to patients, minors have to be handled a little differently.

Fortunately, we're well versed in those areas and help customers navigate all the laws to setup a successful patient engagement strategy.

Taylor C. Taylor C.

Reviewed on 1/10/2020

Used for Telehealth Video Appointments with Clients

Overall, it has helped our agency be able to accommodate to our clients during this pandemic and provide telehealth appointments to them so that we can continue to provide services.

Pros

I like that this platform can be accessed from any computer/location. I also like that reminder notifications are sent automatically to client's when there is an upcoming appointment.

Cons

I have had a lot of client's struggle with getting the software to work 100% functionally. I have experienced difficulties with microphone/webcam/camera working in multiple visits with clients. It could be a little more user friendly.

Response from Mend VIP

Taylor, thank you for your feedback. If you encourage clients to test prior to their visit, we can find any problems and our instant support can help them. That is the best practice to make sure you have a successful visit.

You can see if they tested on not on the Dashboard and view all of their test results in Appointment Details.

If they do have any trouble, just have them click Need Help?. We have US based experts available to help within 15 seconds and an average resolution time of 2 minutes. We have your back!

I will also have someone follow up directly. If this resolves the trouble for you, please consider updating your review by emailing [email protected]

Replied 5/10/2020
Elizabeth H. Elizabeth H.

Reviewed on 6/2/2019

Sound format but needs some tweaking

Pros

I like that it has a secure login and it is fairly easy to access on your phone.

Cons

I don’t like that I can’t get calendar view on my smart phone to see my appointments and that it is difficult as a provider to block off time on the smart phone app vs computer version.

Response from Mend VIP

Excellent feedback. We are currently working with multiple users from your organization to better understand your scheduling needs.

Your use case utilizes Mend as the master schedule. Most groups use their practice management system as the master schedule and send over appointments to Mend via an integration. Since your use case is not the norm for our customers, we have a little work to do to make things even easier.

Even though this use case is not the norm, we want everyone on the platform to have an amazing experience and changes are coming for you within the next 1-2 months.

Lee ann R. Lee ann R.

User friendly

Overall experience has been good

Pros

User friendly, easy to navigate, customer service is responsive

Cons

New software is always challenging, thankfully this is user friendly