Paylocity Reviews

About Paylocity

Paylocity is a cloud-based human capital management (HCM) platform that provides human resources and payroll management tools to help businesses manage core HR functions. Key features include payroll processing, benefits...

4.1
4.2
4.2

Browse Paylocity Reviews

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

Best HCM software I've used!

This is the best HCM software that I've used compared to ADP, Sage Abra, Paychex, and PlanSource.

Pros

The ease of use is great, the software is so user friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

There are a couple of functionalities that I wish we had within the system and that the report write tool would be easier to use.

Paycom and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We wanted a more user friendly and update software planform.

PlanSource

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

It had all the product features and planforms we were looking for.
Alan
Alan

Reviewed on 24/8/2023

Paylocity simplifies HR and payroll administration

Paylocity allows us to centralize our human resources and payroll data, making management more simpler. Our efficiency and precision will both increase as a result of this. The unified system not only helps us save time, but also lowers costs.

Pros

Paylocity's user-friendly interface streamlines and automates HR and payroll processes for better management. Our platform provides streamlined processes and thorough reporting tools, guaranteeing effective administration and meeting regulatory benchmarks. Because of this, Paylocity is an essential tool for any company.

Cons

Paylocity's mobile app is currently more limited in functionality than the desktop version. If the app were upgraded and expanded, the user experience would be more in line with that of the desktop version.

Michelle
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 4/4/2024

Paylocity Gets The Job Done

Overall this functions as it should, nothing spectacular.

Pros

Simple festures and simple interfaces, instructions easy to read.

Cons

Pricing plan on the high side, competitors with better rates.

Top Paylocity Alternatives

QuickBooks Online Advanced

ADP SmartCompliance

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Tirus

Reviewed on 29/1/2024

Why Paylocity Is The Real Deal

Pros

When it comes to matters human resource management, Paylocity is king. It comes with great features and it super affordable
It makes payroll processing easy and handles online payroll needs.
It also helps with tax compliance and makes handling performance management easy too

Cons

It has been super smooth with Paylocity and no hurdles yet.

Katrina
Katrina

Reviewed on 15/9/2023

All HR processes can be automated using Paylocity

One-stop payroll processing for maximum convenience. It files payroll taxes and does the math automatically. It's also a great tool for getting new hires up and running. Because of how easily it can be done now, no special training is required.

Pros

Excellent service is provided to customers. Every time I've had to contact customer support, I've been blown away with the kind of service I've received. I've never had to wait more than a minute to get an answer to a query I've had.

Cons

There isn't anything about Paylocity that bothers me. Everything is explained clearly and in terms that a newbie can grasp. Those links to assistance are a big help. Additionally, navigating the menus and links is simple. Simple and obvious in its construction.

Lillian
Lillian

Reviewed on 2/8/2023

Using Paylocity, I can efficiently manage HR

The ability to set goals is Paylocity's strongest suit. It helps the user stay focused and accountable while also providing insight into the priorities of employees and how those priorities relate to the overall goals of the business.

Pros

I like how user-friendly the system is and how readily available the data about employees is for study. Another positive is that it may be customized to become your company's complete human resources and payroll solution.

Cons

Customer service has been frustrating and useless in the past, but we've now built constructive partnerships and are seeing better results as a result. The reporting is similarly mediocre but serves its purpose.

Gary
Gary

Reviewed on 25/8/2023

Highly effective for human resource administration

Creating and delivering pay stubs for employees has been a breeze. I am able to keep precise records of my earnings, tax withholdings, and other perks because to this platform.

Pros

It was convenient to have all my resources in one location thanks to the consolidated platform. In particular, their payroll system stood out. Compensating and paying out employees, as well as keeping tabs on their deductions and perks, has never been simpler. It was really easy to create and send out pay stubs with only a few clicks.

Cons

It took some time to become used to the platform's interface. It took me a bit to learn my way around the platform and figure out how to utilize it effectively, but I'm now well familiar with all of its features and capabilities. It would have been more efficient to adjust quickly if we had been given more specific instructions or training.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2/4/2024

So User Friendly

Pros

I like the fact that it was so easy to catch on to and it is similar to another well known software of its kind. I also like the journal entry section.

Cons

I did not find any cons about Paylocity so far.

Cindy
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 4/4/2024

Easy to Use System

Pros

The UI and UX are both great. The system is intuitive and pleasing to use.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. I've been at my current position for over 5 years and have never had an issue with Paylocity.

jim
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 30/3/2024

Paylocity for easy onboarding

Pros

Was pretty straightforward and easy to use after sign up and log in. On boarding process was easy and went smoothly.

Cons

Sign up was a bit troublesome at first but went well after I was able to log in.

Stephen

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

Review for Paylocity

I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

Pros

The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

Cons

Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Gusto and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We needed more control over benefits and overall payroll process.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Functionality, potential to operate both payroll and benefits in one tool.

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

To move to Paylocity or not?

The integration was a large undertaking; however, we did them step-by-step. The payroll has been huge. We've gotten back hours to our days along with the reassurance that some random thing didn't go wrong with payroll that was previously out of our control. The piece of mind that everything is working as it should is worth all the effort.

Pros

The integration in the software with all of the different areas, i.e. benefits, recruiting, payroll, ACA, W2, timecards, HR all make it worth the effort to transition to this software. The company and software have delivered on all of the promises that were made when the software was pitched to us.

Cons

There are only small, personal changes that I would make. They are small picky things that I would like but do not hinder the software in any way.

Stefan
  • Industry: Semiconductors

HR Manager's Best Friend

I like Paylocity a lot and as a company we are very satisfied with the software and currently wouldn't look to change HR & Payroll systems unless something significantly better or more cost effective came along. As long as Paylocity keep moving forward and making the userability experience their focus we will remain a customer.

Pros

I use Paylocity everyday and find the software very user friendly. For our business size it is very cost effective for what you get.

Cons

There are some minor features that have bugs that I have bought up over a year ago that have yet to be fixed. The PTO tracking feature is not very user friendly and causes a lot of confusion amongst employees and admins alike.

Gusto and ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

PEO was too expensive and we hired a HR manager.

Gusto and ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Cost effective, userability experience, Performance Management and Community features
Eric
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 4/5/2021

Robust system, not the most user friendly

We have 100s of contractors who are managed separately from our full- and part-time staff. Paylocity enabled us to handle the different demands of both groups.

Pros

A very robust system. Keeps abreast of policy changes making it easy to consider options. Extremely function rich with many reporting options, sometimes to the point of fault in that it takes some training to become familiar with the system. Integration and customer services have both been excellent.

Cons

The system is not the most user friendly, but it adds functionality in place of user experience. For example, adding a new 401k/403b program took multiple calls with customer service to be sure everything was set appropriately. Same for HSA enrollment. The full product requires more than a basic level of technical proficiency.

QuickBooks Online Advanced and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Zenefits could only handle a limited number of contractors in it's system. Their benefits integration and customer service were not at the same level either.

TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Feature suite for the pricing
Karen
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 28/7/2021

Good HR and Payroll System

Overall, we are happy with Paylocity; however, there are a few things, like I mentioned earlier that seem a little behind the times.

Pros

I find the reporting feature to be robust because the reports available contain all of the information I need to report on. E.G., Date of Hire, Supervisor name, employee list, payroll data.

Cons

The paid time off balance information really needs to improve. Currently, employees don't see any accrued or used PTO until the next payperiod (semi-monthly). Employees would like to see their balance in real time.

Namely, Paychex Flex and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Paychex was a little behind on upgrades, reporting, different modules communicating/working together. We needed more.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

We selected Paylocity because the pricing structure was better for us and it seemed to be a more current/modern system.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

Terrible implementation, customer service, and not user friendly. I'd give 0 stars if I could

If it weren't a hassle to switch systems, I would switch in a heartbeat. This is a terrible platform and I am unimpressed with the company as a whole.

Pros

We needed an HRIS that would house all employee info, reviews and process payroll. It does this. Barely.

Cons

Customer service is horrendous. We were told we would have an "Account Manager" That indicated to me that I'd have one person who answer my emails or phone calls. That is not the case. It's a customer support center staffed with new employees who don't know the system. I have walked them through their own system on multiple occasions. We have had a handful of critical payroll processing mistakes made because the "account manager" walked me through the process incorrectly. I spend about 2-3 hours a week on the phone with customer support to get answers to what should be simple questions. I've requested supervisors multiple times, they have promised to get back in touch, but no one reaches out. You are on your own.

Implementation was a disgrace. Our first implementation consultant disappeared and no one knew where she went. The 2nd one started but disappeared for 2 weeks and suddenly reappeared. Despite hours upon hours to meetings to implement the system, the most basic things like PTO policies were still incorrect. I've been fixing implementation errors for over a year now.

Complete lack of good UX. They need a new UX team. The Help Section is laughable. Not even their customer service can find help articles that are applicable.

They have a lot of reports, but finding what you need is nearly impossible.

ADP Comprehensive Services

Needed to move from a PEO to HRIS

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

They had better reviews and referrals and they integrated seamlessly with our ben admin tool
Michelle
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 10/5/2021

Best Company I've worked with in a long time!

Great!

Pros

Paylocity has an amazing support team. When I need something, I call and someone is there to help me immediately. I never have to wait on hold or for a call back. Very user friendly!

Cons

The implementation was rough, that was three years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I was over promised and underdeliverd. The sales team needs to work better to truly understand all the things the systems can and can't do

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

ADP customer service sucked! And their system isn't user friendly

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Better options for me and the needs of our organization
Kristen
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Paylocity Review

Overall, I love Paylocity. I implemented Paylocity at my old employer and when I switched job, I implemented the new employer to Paylocity too.

Pros

The best part of this software is how user friendly it is. I also really like the customer service. Having my own designated representative is very important to me and saves a lot of time. We utilize a lot of the features of this software and really don't have any complaints. Whenever there is something that needs improvement, you can request an enhancement and the team will look into fixing it.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to quickly calculate time off balances on the employee screen while including approved PTO requests in the future. There are a few things in the performance dashboard that I didn't love, however I am hoping to get these resolved before next year with help from the Paylocity team.

Anne
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 16/2/2021

Paylocity makes HR processes painless

The integration of their modules make it easy to track employee participation and completion. I love having a digital record of all HR processes - compensation, performance reviews, training, tax documents, etc. Less paper in the employee file. The information is readily available to associate's who are able to ask relevant questions to HR.

Pros

I love the suite of integrated platforms. The work flow from Applicant Tracking to Hiring to Web Benefits. It all fits together and makes daily tasks so much easier.

Cons

It was a challenge to get the COBRA file information flowing to the carriers from Web Benefits.
It is difficult to make a change to submitted time off requests. The entire entry must be deleted instead of allowing for modifications.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Paychex software was challenging. We did not have the full suite of products which lead to some disjointed processes. The benefits software was challenging and difficult to use.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paylocity was a full cycle suite of HR software modules that allowed for the seamless flow of data. It makes every day tasks easier to track and process.
Cheryl
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Paylocity our trusted partner

Overall very positive. Implementation went very smoth

Pros

Comprehensive HRIS system. We use for payroll, benefits, onboarding and time & attendance. Mobile app is good.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

UKG Pro and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Paycom could not work with our 37.5 hour workweek. Our payroll analyst had to manually change all hourly from 80 hours per pay period to 75.

Bandwidth and cost
Tom
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

Paylocity User 5+ years

The system works well once configured properly and its price point is strong; the system has a broad set of capabilities to meet a wide range of needs however implementing these various solutions can be frustrating as the customer support model is, in my opinion, flawed. A single point of contact is assigned however anything involving system changes or functional additions requires the issue be assigned to an 'internal team' where queues tend to be extremely long.

Pros

The product has excellent, though not intuitive, report writing capabilities.

Cons

Implementation was a challenge; platform has week customer support often taking days, or even weeks, to have issues resolved when they crop up. The system is complex, as most powerful systems are, and finding employees with experience with the platform is difficult.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

So many functions - so many complications

The customer service team is on call all the time. The trainings are super helpful and they really want to help you. They did everything they could that their system allowed for and the tried their hardest to help transfer and transition as much data as possible. Not everything updated during the last update and we had to manually a lot of profile and payroll issues because of this. Because of how amazing their support team is, they get a lot more stars. Also, there's so many functions, I haven't even used them all!

Pros

Paylocity is really amazing. I love the community/engagement section. I love that there is so much data you won't even know what to do with it. I love that the historical information you put in actually has a purpose beyond storage. Information is analyzed internally by the system and gives you insights. The LMS system provided has so many great trainings not just as an admin, employee, or supervisor using the actual software, but also for other types of leadership and soft skill training too! Onboarding is AMAZING. You can track every little thing, include every document needed, it walks the admin and the employee step by step so you can't miss a thing and you can assign tasks to people in the company!

Cons

l know I said I love this software but by jove, it also drives me CRAZY how hard it is to navigate and how some functions that our Paylocity support team has let us know many people complained about and that they are "working on the feature". Offboarding is a NIGHTMARE. Everything I listed about onboarding, not a single feature is available when an employee separates. IPP goals don't let you list team goals! Only individual and department and cross functional collaborate goals. UGH. You have to go into settings and configure your workflows all the time! WHY! The dashboard is TOO confusing for some people-this is NOT technologically inept friendly at all. You cannot change your view to the employee view to see what they are having issues with unlike our last HRIS system. This is very very frustrating because I can only navigate and let the employees know where to do and provide resources but not see what they are seeing and work from the back end for them. A lot of their data insights are worthless when you transition. It's literally like starting from scratch. Even if you have tons of history from your old system, they don't translate and you have to wait 3-6 months before you can start taking advantage.

Kimberly
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Paylocity Is the Go To

My overall experience with Paylocity is very positive. My implementation went very smooth and the continued follow up made the process work very well. Since then, there have been no major issues or mishaps. The most important thing to me is paying employees promptly and accurately. While Paylocity cannot prevent human error, it does do all it can to advise, report and remind about items which could present issues . We are very happy with Paylocity and all it has to offer.

Pros

Paylocity is user friendly and provides more than enough guidance in processing payroll and keeping employee information organized. In addition, all of the HR auditing and tracking is helpful so as to not have to track separately. The PEAK resources and on demand training courses are also very helpful when needing a quick "How-To". There is no doubt that we do not use Paylocity to is fullest extend, but the ability is there when needed.

Cons

It is hard to give negative feedback about a product that does more than one can fully comprehend. The report writer can be tricky if you are not familiar with how to use it. When doing an Employee Search, I do not like how the information displays by sliding from right to left. I would prefer it display as it does when you go into the Employee HR File. I really like the new HR Actions module, however setting up the approval process has run into complications with roles which has limited my ability to really use it properly. Finally, it would seem there has been a good deal of change at Paylocity because I have been reassigned an Account Manager 3 times in the past 6 months. Thankfully, I have not needed to have a close relationship with my Account Manager as I did at my previous employer but would be nice to have someone familiar with me and my company.

Jorge
Jorge

Reviewed on 19/5/2023

Payroll and Employee management made simple.

The overall experience is satisfactory and exciting for future things to come on live.

Pros

I like the overall functionality and user friendly capabilities. Mobile app is great

Cons

There is still much room for improvement on expansion but that’s with anyone and anything.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Cost and reporting limitation on paychex

Cost and functionality
Collin
Collin

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Solid Payroll Platform for Small to Medium Size Businesses

If you are a small to medium size business, this could be a great vendor for you. However, if you predict growing to a large enterprise level company down the road, it may be best to consider other vendors who can scale with you.

In our experience, we outgrew Paylocity's functionality, and its system limitations caused us to move to another vendor. That is not to the fault of Paylocity however; I'm sure Facebook doesn't use Quickbooks!

Pros

Payroll platform is fairly robust compared to other systems targeting the small/medium size business demographic.

Customer support and Reporting Suite is above average. I never had any problems with working with them at a company with around 150 employees.

Cloud-based system is fast and nimble. Year end process was fairly painless.

Can handle high-frequency payroll (we process weekly). Low processing time from pay period end to payday (Next day).

Pricing is competitive!

Cons

The software is comprised as modules. Not an all in one solution out of the box. We utilized the HRIS and Payroll modules of Paylocity. I prefered the Payroll system over the HRIS, which seemed to be more of an afterthought.

Implementation and support quality is not the best I've seen compared to other vendors.

We ultimately transitioned to a larger payroll vendor with more robust functionality once our company grew to about 250 employees and do not regret it.