About Trakstar Learn

Skip the classroom, train anywhere. Trakstar Learn's cloud-based e-learning platform provides a simple, training solution for employees working from home, in the office, or in the field. We make it easier for business leaders to...

4.1
3.8

Browse Trakstar Learn Reviews

Reviewed on 26/12/2017

Easy to use LMS

Pros

This LMS was a breath of fresh air after using a big name player for the last few years. The software is simple and easy to administer. We have all the functionality we need and can accomplish all the same tasks we did previously but in less amount of time.

Cons

It would be nice if the had a better way to connect with our HRIS and some additional automation. This can all be accomplished through their API but that requires a tech resource we don't have.

Tonya

Reviewed on 11/7/2019

Easy - Create Powerpoint, Upload it, Create Quiz, Send it out

The National Association of REALTORS made a requirement that if we require MLS (Multiple Listing Service) training, we must offer it online as well. Now we are compliant with that requirement. So there is that aspect of it. Furthermore, we had some out of area members that were not allowing people in their office to join here because we had required training that was only available in person. Because we now have some of that training online and may have other required classes available online in the future, we now have more members. Now that we have online training and I can quiz them on it, I know they know it, instead of just sitting in a classroom where all they have to do is sit there and be awake.

Pros

Ease of use, right out of the "box". We started using Mindflash a couple years ago when everything was called Series and Modules. It was/is so intuitive. Just upload your PowerPoint slides, add some YouTube videos, and create your tests. I enter students one by one because of the way we use it, but I love the option of being able to add them in batches. SO much easier than one by one when you have a lot to enter. When the Series and Modules changed to Modules and Courses, and the classes auto saved, it became even more streamlined! I love the new look and functionality. I love all the options. I don't use some of them, but I like that they are there.

Cons

Not being able to delete (not just inactivate) users. I have had two or three people in my position from other associations call and ask about Mindflash. I tell them what I wrote above (generally) and offer to give them a login so they can see how it looks on the user side. It would be nice to remove them from our system so it doesn't skew our numbers.
Also, and maybe this is something I should do, but I have agents contacting me all the time needing me to reset their module. When I explain how they can go to the home page and continue/resume or reset, they seem confused and either don't understand what I'm talking about, or don't see it. A brief "How to use Mindflash" tutorial autoplayed when they first login, with a link to play it again would be helpful, especially for those who are technologically challenged. Also if the house at the top left were bigger that would help too.

Erica

Reviewed on 11/6/2014

Mindflash Confusion

there are a lot of great functions, but it's a basic website, there are areas that could be tweaked, sometimes its confusing coming in as a newbie, but once you get the hang of it, the website admins think it's cute to move things around on you and change things. i get that you want to update your site, but give us a heads up, send out an email. sometimes adding/dropping people can be a hassle, why can't i archive people from the main trainee page?? when i am trying to add a new candidate, and it alerts me that there is a duplicate email, why can't i clear the cells, if i add them to a group, there is a clear all function, but that doesn't work for the first, last and email options, why have a Clear all Button if it doesn't work?? why is there a manage users page and a trainees page?? that is so confusing and redundant. if i'm trying to archive someone i can't see when the modules were sent and i have to toggle back and forth to clear up the list when if they were all on one page, i could just do everything from one darn page!

the site does what we need for a basic training module, but overall, there are some big problems.

Response from Mindflash Technologies

Erica, thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Mindflash constantly responds to customer feedback and yes we do make changes to the product. To minimize the disruption it may cause, we send email and in-product notifications about webinars and demos before any major changes.

It looks like we aren't meeting your workflow needs. We will follow up to learn more and see how we can improve the flow for you so that we can make your life easier.

The Mindflash team

Replied 11/6/2014

Top Trakstar Learn Alternatives

Ron
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 17/2/2018

Mindflash is a Solid but Basic LMS Performer

Even with the cons, I’d rate Mindflash a solid performer. You can quickly provide trainees a personalized dashboard. The content and user management interfaces are easy to use. The quiz options beat most of the platforms we’ve looked at. The platform provides basic LMS features at a very reasonable price. We’ve not had any showstoppers and our content library continues to grow. I’d recommend Mindflash as a solid but basic LMS for learners and administrators.

Pros

Before I review this product, it’s important to note that there is a new version of the product available. We’re currently waiting in line to be converted. However, I don’t think many of these items I’m about to mention will change for us. I’ll mention it where it matters.
Mindflash is an easy to use LMS. We brought up a partner training program within a few months. It’s a snap to bring up a trainee dashboard. Just add a little custom text, upload a graphic, and your good to go. The testing features are very good; true/false, multiple choice, multiple correct, label picture areas, label matching, and ordering of steps. The testing features will be even better in the new release. You can easily upload most content types and rearrange the sequence as needed. You can record audio right in the platform. There is reasonable Salesforce integration capability so, invitations and basic reporting can be done right in Salesforce. Administrators can easily flip back and forth between the admin and trainee views. The platform supports courses, series, and catalogs. There is a good set of options when building filters for viewing users or content. You can easily copy and modify course profiles and content. The in-platform reporting in our version of the LMS is abysmal. However, from what I’ve seen in the new version, reporting has some very big improvements.

Cons

Mindflash is best for large enterprises where you can take advantage of higher level subscription plans that have all the features. Since they segment their levels by feature (and not number of seats), we’re missing what I would consider to be basic functionality. We are currently on a legacy plan named Advanced. We can’t modify existing text in invite and reminder emails, we can only add text. We can’t remove the large Mindflash logo from the emails. We can’t customize the certificates for completion of courses and the quality of the existing certificate options is poor. If you need to automate the reminder emails, there is only three interval options, three days, seven days, and fourteen days (you pick one). While it’s easy to launch a trainee dashboard, the layout is not what I’d call a rich UI experience. It’s basic. The mobile options are limited. This is an app for tablets but nothing for phones. You can’t provide a fully public link to a course. The trainee must set up an account to view the content. If you use the public course feature, the system will not synchronize with the Salesforce objects for that trainee. To force the synchronization, you must send an invite to the trainee from Salesforce after they have already started or taken the course, which can cause confusion.

Julie
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 25/6/2020

Overall happy

Pros

I love the ease of use. We looked at several different LMS and mindflash was the easiest to load training, create quizzes, and maintain records. If I need to pull up a specific persons training I can pull up the scores quickly instead of tracking down our old paper records. If I need to update a slide in the presentation, I can change it in the module instead of having to create a new module like some we viewed. Other than some minor confusion, most of the users love the program. They found it easy to use.

Cons

Since we have started using Mindflash we have been bumped around to several different account managers. I will sometimes email the person who last handled the account and they say they have moved on to a different role and someone else handles the account now. It would be nice for them to be proactive and say hi I am your new account manager. Also there is no app and the mobile view isn't good. If I am out of the office and I need to reset an module I have to pull out my laptop instead of being able to do it on the phone. I can't scroll the individual modules and can only see reset the entire training from my phone.

Zarella
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 26/2/2020

Great to get you started.

We use to have Safety training DVDs floating around our multiple warehouses increasing the likelihood that they will get lost or broken, but MindFlash help us solve that issue with this web-based training platform. No need for outdated DVDs floating around anymore!

Pros

If you are looking to rid yourself of paper rosters and manual entry of training records via a useful video training tool, MindFlash will work for you.

Cons

Once you begin growing, this may not be a great software to use since training hundreds of employees every month on one computer may result more time consuming.

Denise
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 1/4/2016

I like it!

I have put together several Mindflash training sessions and really like it. It is a very easy, simple way of teaching people about a subject, providing a quiz to check their knowledge, and then using the tools to see completion of the training and how people did. It is awesome.

Pros

Very easy to use! Great way to train people. Simply make up your PP presentation, upload it, put some audio with it if you want (rehearse as many times as you wish), and send it out to the users you want to do the training. Then, remind them if you need to by resending the link. Also find out how everyone did and who has completed and who hasn't. LOVE IT!

Cons

The only thing I have a little difficulty with is when I have audio and have to change the Powerpoint slides around the audio doesn't move so you have to redo the audio. I have not called customer service on this so maybe I am just doing something wrong??

Monique

Reviewed on 7/4/2016

Mindflash has been a gift.

Our company grew from 20 to 60 employees in a few years and face to face training sessions became very time consuming for participants and trainers alike. Many of our courses are repeated annually and must cater for new starters and long serving employees alike. By giving staff this online raining option, Mindflash allows everyone to work at their own pace. This also prevents employee frustration at having to attend a course "to make up the hours". As the course coordinator I rate the ease of sending course invitations, automatic quiz marking, and the results and attendance monitoring and reporting as reason alone to invest in this product.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 31/3/2016

Mindflash Review

We began using Mindflash for both internal and external training in July '15. The customer support is exceptional, the team is flexible and open to suggestions for improvement. Super simple to upload, edit and distribute educational modules and the back end tracking is quite comprehensive.

Pros

Love the ease of use and module editing capabilities as well as the range of formats that can be utilized in the trainings we upload.

Cons

Look forward to having the ability for our sales team as non-administrators to be able to invite their customers and view metrics,

• Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 31/3/2016

ease of use

This is a great tool for getting training out to employees that are in different parts of the US. My company uses it a lot for power points and quizzes

Pros

creating a new profile is very easy to do.

Cons

Only Con I have is that I am not able to deleted someone totally out of the program. I have to repurpose the profile.

Cameron
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 25/1/2017

Great Software for Training

Mind-flash has been invaluable to our company. It has changed the way that we conduct business and cut our cost from a training prospective. Mind flash integrates very well with other software. It is so easy to create mindflash courses when new material is being presented and trained on.

Pros

The ability to get up and do a module whenever we need one.

Cons

Limit of users

Nathan
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

A Good Training Platform

It's all about the videos. Mindflash is a really good way to train your company if you can't have regular in person meetings. It saves a lot of time onboarding employees since you can just have them watch videos you previously recorded.

Pros

The ability to record and store training sessions, and to organize them in a course. It makes it really useful and very good for training purposes.

Cons

You can't delete users, you just have to archive them. The UI is a little messy. You can only have 1 admin.

Mike
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 11/7/2017

Mindflash is very versatile

Quality product overall. I would recommend it to a friend. The cost for us is beyond what we can afford.

Pros

Ability to integrate or embed multimedia into courses. The reporting is very thorough. Certificate customization is useful.

Cons

No spell check in the quiz development section, inability to send emails to a group of learners. Payment integration technology is not the best

Dennis
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 14/7/2017

Very user friendly...just open it up and go!

Attendance of new material delivery and testing for understanding it can now be done online. Being a department of one, it is a huge time saver. Tracking users' activity takes me minutes now instead of hours. We have a lot of annual requirements I need to track and report back to the government and this is allowing me much more time to work on material and not have to monitor end users.

Pros

The ease of entering material into it. The quizzes are easy to create and there is a large variety to select. Adding additional material to a course is sooo easy! Maintaining users is simple. It won't let you make a mistake.

Cons

No spell check in quizzes. Can't make edits to a particular slide in a course, but edits are made externally and easily replaced in Mindflash.

Reviewed on 7/7/2011

Almost There..

- Some of my update requests are ignored if other users do not share my same idea/opinion.
- Quizzing functions need an overhaul, still seems very basic and limited, AND I am not sure if I am using it correctly / efficiently.
Some areas of MF have been extremely well explained, while other areas remain as self-taught disciplines, which I think limits users and limits the effectiveness of the final, end-user product.

Pros

Can do just about anything we need when it comes to training.
Platform will accommodate both animation & narration, as well as video from multiple sources. Extremely useful.

Cons

-Color palette - no reason for the color palette to remain limited to (3) very simple schemes.
-Quizzing formats still need a lot of help:
--Incorrect answers need pop-ups w/ correct/ed info.
--Nd to be able to document time spent in a course by trainees.
--Quiz labels DO NOT hold enough characters.
--Picture upload is limited in size and space, limiting the versatility of this option.

Giles

Reviewed on 23/10/2014

Unique features to meet our needs

We have found that Mindflash is one of the easiest products to use to quickly deploy high quality short courses for our association. It works very well, is flexible and powerful yet simple to design & deploy.
In our experience the seamless way Mindflash imports and converts our Powerpoint training slides and then allows us to insert other material between the slides in the converted set is unique and accelerates development and deployment significantly.
The quiz options provided give us creative ways to check and reinforce learning and make the experience more enjoyable and engaging - a key factor for us.
We could always ask for more in a product but the balance here is just right and gives us a real advantage - any further complexity might just take away its edge.
All contact with the Mindflash team has received prompt, professional and helpful responses - a very refreshing experience.
In summary, a great product that meets our needs very well, and a great company to deal with.

Tim

Reviewed on 17/2/2014

Great Tool for Current Non-eLearning Users

I've been in the learning and development for over 20 years and am now at a new company. This new company, until my arrival did not have an e-learning strategy. With Mindflash we now have a path to deliver just-in-time flexible training for our company. I've worked with high-end multimedia learning development tools in the past and Mindflash offers a new user/trainer a way to build an online cirriculum quickly and easily! It is easy to learn and even easier to use! There are a currently a few limitations - like being able to extract needed content, like existing courses for review and update, extracting trainee list in to a spreadsheet, extracting "missed" questions on a quiz. Also, would love to see the ability to track "attempts" on a quiz. Overall, I think the mindflash application is extremely useful and we have built a great set of online training modules for our internal teams. Thank you Mindflash - keep the updates coming!!

Nicholas

Reviewed on 11/6/2014

Excellent Product!

Pros-

*Ease of training
*Introducing a new medium to employee training
*Price
*Facility in creating videos

Cons-

*If a user isn't added to videos by mistake, you aren't able to add them again with the same email
*No templates. Having some easy to use templates would be a great help, most managers who use the software aren't graphic designers, or have experience making videos.

Impressions-

When this idea was first pitched to our business by a supervisor, I was very skeptical. Our company was expanding remotely, and we were having issues training everyone on a macro level. The idea of robotraining via Mindflash came up, and I was very skeptical. I'm happy to say that I was wrong, and the size of our remote branch has tripled since Mindflash was incepted. Thank you very much for the great product, one we will be using for many years.

Karl

Reviewed on 7/8/2015

With Mindflash you can put your training online in a flash

Pros:
You can try before you buy.
Any data you create during your trial can be included in your production environment.
The interface is clean and uncomplicated.
No extraneous bells and whistles.
It is compatible with SCORM producing software such as Captivate.
Easy to administer.
Easy on the budget. The ROI is amazing.
There's an app for that!
Built in tutorials.
Friendly and prompt customer service.
They listen to your suggestions and try to incorporate them.
Cons:
Adding voice overs to a slide has to be done in a perfect take.
Might not integrate with your existing HRMS.
It might not handle PowerPoint animations well.
You can't re-order slides within a presentation once they're uploaded.
No scheduling capability.

Lauren

Reviewed on 10/6/2014

Great Customer Service, Would like more Reporting options

MindFlash has been a great product that has been able to accommodate all of our training needs. Many departments use this portal, ranging from HR to Sales. It has a clean interface that is fairly easy to navigate. Some items are a little more tedious to work through, it would be nice to have more options in managing users and inviting existing trainees to multiple courses at a time.

MindFlash's customer service is extremely prompt and reliable. All suggestions made are promptly addressed and in most cases, changes are made.

I would like to see more advanced reporting options, as well. Such as drawing a report for individual trainees and all the courses they are invited too with their progress on it. The reporting now is limited.

Rick

Reviewed on 27/10/2014

Everything we were looking for

The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation was looking for a new service provider as we transitioned from teaching live online classes to recorded OnDemand sessions. The Mindflash staff was great to work with from day one. The system is easy to use for both administrators and trainees. I've found them to be very responsive to questions and always looking for ways to improve the program. We have not experienced any reliability issues or down time. We currently have over 200 classes in the system. It is worth every dime we spend on it. We made the transition in the spring of 2013 and have never looked back. I am an avid fan.

Jason

Reviewed on 25/6/2015

We moved our retail sales training program, SalesNinjaAcademy.net to Mindflash a few months...

Working with Mindflash sales was an excellent experience.

While we were setting up our system, we rarely had to consult the self help training modules available. Mindflash is super intuitive.

We've had one issue with respect to functionality of the system and the Mindflash QA/Customer Service team was prompt in addressing it. The CEO of the company even reached out to make sure that she understood the issue and that ensure it was being addressed. When does that happen??

In short, powerful, flexible and intuitive software backed by a responsive leadership and team.

Megan

Reviewed on 26/5/2015

Mindflash has exceeded our expectations and I would absolutely recommend it to others!

We require our volunteers to complete ten online courses through Mindflash, along with three weeks of in-person training. Mindflash allows the volunteers to complete the courses at their own pace, which is great. It is also very user-friendly. On the rare occasion we experience technical difficulties, their customer service team is always quick to respond and resolve the issue. Mindflash allows us to train a high volume of volunteers every month in an efficient, interesting, effective, and educational format.

Bob

Reviewed on 30/5/2015

As the system has been adding features the experience has improved.

The backend reporting initially needed a lot of enhancements. This has taken a while which is frustrating but each issue has been addressed and the improvements work almost without fail.
I realize these take time and appreciate the thoroughness of the solutions applied. I wish there was better communication on the process and estimates on where/when enhancements are coming.
I know we are not the only priority and have no way to know if our request is being worked on or last.

Sandi

Reviewed on 20/11/2014

Transitioning to Mindflash

After researching multiple online training options, Proton Onsite moved from a totally manual, paper-intensive training system to Mindflash early in 2014. The transition was smooth thanks to great support from the Mindflash team. Email questions are answered promptly and they are always available for a phone call. Mindflash has streamlined our training process and greatly reduced the time spent in keeping our workforce current on their training requirements.