3CX Reviews

About 3CX

3CX Phone System is an open standards communications solution, suitable for any sized business that wants all the features of an advanced contact center at a fraction of the cost. 3CX can take your business communications to the...

4.1

Browse 3CX Reviews

Christoph
Christoph
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 3/9/2021

3CX offers everything you need for low budget

well it is a phone system. We use 3CX to talk to our customers, we use it as webconference solution and we use it as a very lowlevel slack alternative.

Pros

3CX is a solid voip solution that offers all the features and functionality an ordinary team or company needs. Installation and maintenance is simple. The webclient is getting better and better with every version. Speaking quality is great if you use the right codecs or hard phones.
We love 3CX and use this pbx since many years.

Cons

There is no documented API. Either something is supported or not. There is no possibility to get individual implementations.

Response from 3CX

Hi Christoph. Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are happy to hear that you are happy with 3CX over the years!
Currently the only Public API that we have is for our WebMeeting Platform: https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/video-conference-rest-api/
We do plan in the future to also have another REST API that would allow to perform more actions directly related to the calls and 3CX Server, but at the time of writing, this has yet to be released.

Replied 18/10/2021
Cliff Ian
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 18/7/2022

3cX for your call center and VoIP needs

Overall, I have no complaints on 3CX as we are very satisfied.

Pros

I love all the features of 3CX. I love how easy you can set it up, you can find the calls logs and recordings, plus it has a very comprehensive dashboard. Also, when we reach out to them to increase our accounts SC (concurrent calls), they are very responsive as they have a local partner from where I'm from and it was solved immediately.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about 3CX is the provisioning of the softphone as in our setup, people come and go, and we need to provision whenever there's a new employee who'll use it. I think it's better if 3CX can have the login/logout functionality on the desktop app instead of provisioning every time. But it is really negligible and not a deal breaker at all.

VICIdial

Reasons for Choosing 3CX

Freepbx for me is very hassle to setup as it is asterisk based and Dialfire is very laggy on our side.

Dialfire

Reasons for Switching to 3CX

VitalPBX is much more expensive on our current setup and we are not comfortable on using Asterisk based system yet. Also vicidial, it's a great software yet we don't really like the design of the app as it looks outdated.

Response from 3CX

Hi Cliff and thank you so much for taking the time to review 3CX! We are so glad to hear that you love the ease of setting up 3CX and all the great features offered!

Replied 3/8/2022
Bridget
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 4/12/2023

Why change what isn't broken

Pros

It is handy to have my business line call and record calls while using my cell phone. I prefer to not give my cell phone number out to customers so by calling from the app on my phone, customers do not know that I am not at my desk.

Cons

The app for my desktop changed a few years back and is now huge. It is not very convenient to leave up on the desktop anymore as it covers a large majority of my icons. When the change happened, we also were not able to use our busy light feature anymore.

Response from 3CX

Hello Bridget,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you highlighting the benefits of using the mobile app for business calls.

Regarding the desktop app, we understand your concern about its size. Visual changes often accompany system updates as the software evolves.

We now offer a Windows softphone, which might be a more suitable option for you. You can find more information about the Windows softphone at https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/windows-softphone-app/.

If you have any further questions please reach out to 3CX Customer Service team via Live Chat bubble found on our website and they will be happy to answer your questions.

Replied 15/12/2023

Top 3CX Alternatives

Riccardo
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/3/2024

Best VoIP solution out there

Pros

Complete and powerful all-in-one solution for VoIP calls

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app loses the configuration if you don’t use it for a while and it needs to be re-opened to make it work again

Response from 3CX

Hello Riccardo! Thank you for your 5-star review and for sharing your positive view of 3CX as the best VoIP solution! We're happy to hear you are enjoying 3CX as a powerful all-in-one solution for your VoIP calling.

Replied 27/3/2024
Andreas
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 5/7/2022

phonesystems do still excist and usability ontop

3cx is small or big companies the best option possible also customers not wanting to use cloud telephony 3cx still provides option to have on-prem solution

Pros

full featured phone system with no extra costs. possibility to have cloud deployed, private cloud or even on-premise!

Cons

some features are still in beta but they are already active and communication when issues rice is closely followed by support to have them asap out of beta.

RingEX and Zoom Workplace

Reasons for Choosing 3CX

to many bugs and price

Skype

Reasons for Switching to 3CX

for calling 3cx and in full lockdown and performance issues with 3cx we went for zoom for the online meetings

Response from 3CX

Hello Andreas! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with 3CX. We're delighted to hear you found 3CX to be of great use for your business during the lockdown.

Replied 11/7/2022
ALEXANDER

Reviewed on 18/1/2020

Serves small businesses very well for free.

In my opinion, it is a very good tool and hardly ever had problems, because the tool is very stable and with a very good usability, serving very well small businesses.

Pros

• It is free.
• Assists in the company's internal communication.
• It is always updated with improvements.
• Ease of receiving and transferring calls.
• Ease of configuration and installation by the end user.

Cons

• We used the trial version quietly for 1 year, but due to technical problems due to a codec, it caused a major internal problem where we stayed 3 days without a phone. For this reason the support of the company that provides the service asked us to change the application.

Response from 3CX

We are sorry to hear that you had codec issues. Can you explain which codec was used and what issues it created?
Codecs work using the SIP Offer - Answer model - a standard in SIP used for the update of session dialogs. This means that when a codec is offered by one endpoint (phone), and the receiving endpoint answers "no available codec" then a codec exchange occurs where both endpoints try to find one common codec (language) to use for their media. Like this every call is serviced and has more chances to get 2 way audio. It is important to tell us which codec you tried to use. Because firstly, we might have an issue to investigate or we might also give you an alternative codec you can use. We support all major codecs so I am surprised how the company that serves you recommended that you change the whole app.

Nonetheless, thank you for your feedback. I will forward this to the development team.

Replied 20/1/2020
Matthew

Reviewed on 10/1/2020

3CX - The Softphone that works

The day to day operation is more streamlined and at a management level, it helps keep track of those taking calls on out various teams. It also allows us to be away from our offices but take the mobile app with us and get our VM's via email... all positives and allows us to be more attentive.

Pros

3CX has made it easier to maintain our calling network and allows us to bring its features outside of the office which aids in our day to day. The phone dial pad it self is very user friendly and the software it self has a very ease of use feel to it.

As a manager it is nice to view, listen and transfer my teams calls on the fly - the logging system also allows me to keep track of activity within my teams.

Cons

Not a ton of cons to be honest, there are some issues of delays from when you ask for a function (click delay) like looking up a contact from the address book and clicking to call the contact, sometimes there is a bit of a delay.
The product could use a bit of a refresh look, but overall the ease of use and user friendly Softphone does hit it's marks.

Cisco Jabber

Reasons for Switching to 3CX

As I understand it, it was about the features available and overall value of the product we were getting - the user interface were also big reasons.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that 3CX is proving to be a useful tool in your organisation.

Replied 15/1/2020
Simone
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 7/11/2022

Call me.......The best phone system

The transfer (number port) from our old company was extremely smooth and hassle free, the business wasn't impacted at all.

Pros

The phone system appears to be reliable, and the new handsets we had installed, are very easy to use, with features such as touch screen and one button voicemail (no typing in a sequence of numbers) The display is large, and you can automatically see who is "speaking" as their name appears in red on the screen. The touch screen display can show in excess of 25 extensions numbers at a touch, no more entering extension numbers.I am also really pleased with the reports I can generate, such as the calls each employee has taken in a day, all sent via email at a time specified by you, and so easy to set up.The administration features, such as setting bank holidays, Christmas day is so much more user friendly than my old system.So far, I am very impressed, there are features I haven't even explored yet.

Cons

One major issue we found was, you cannot rewind the voicemail by seconds, you can only skip to the beginning. We have very large orders left on the voicemails, and we need to be able to jump back to hear one product. You can log on via your PC, however for us this isn't the best option.We have added a ticket and hope the feature can be included.

Response from 3CX

Hi Simone, thank you for your wonderful review! It's great to see that you have had a positive experience so far in such a short time! We also appreciate your feedback and your raised ticket will be reviewed.

Replied 10/11/2022

Reviewed on 25/9/2022

A complete IP/PBX

We've been using 3CX since we have the alternative to work from home and the old switchboard became useless.
The users doesn't like it a lot because they use only the softphone and fo me is the piece less powerfull, but the admins who are used to work with on prem PBX, love it. They find the admin panel very powerfull and also very easy to use.
I don't have experience as a call center so I can't give you my opinion, but it seems to be fulll competent aswell.

Pros

With 3CX you'll have a very functional IPPBX at a very reasonable price.
The admin panel is very easy to use and very powerfull.
The call Queues, the ring groups, the digital recepcionist are functionalities very well implemented.

Cons

The softphone is not at the same quality level as the switchboard, they must improve it if they want to keep their current clients.
The users must do some micro configuration level to improve the sound.

Response from 3CX

Hello, thank you for sharing your rating with us and the community, we value your opinion!

Replied 4/10/2022
Alejandro
Alejandro

Reviewed on 26/10/2022

Softphone very dependent on technical service

It is not very intuitive and users end up reverting to mobile. Technical support takes a long time to provide solutions.

Pros

The price is relatively inexpensive above a certain number of licenses. As we use it to replace the mobile lines and to be able to call customers, we considered making the change.

Cons

Technical support is quite bad and is necessary to deploy updates. It is necessary to configure a VPN with a very complicated configuration in order to have access to the management server.

Response from 3CX

Hi Alejandro, we're very sorry you had issues with support. We recommend you opt for a 3CX system hosted by 3CX for easy setup and configuration.

Replied 7/11/2022
Gideon
Gideon
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 1/6/2023

3CX Review

Pros

Scalability and flexibility: 3CX is designed to scale alongside businesses as they grow. It supports a wide range of hardware and software endpoints, allowing organizations to choose the devices and platforms that best suit their needs. Additionally, 3CX can accommodate remote workers and distributed teams, enabling seamless communication regardless of location.

Cons

Support limitations: While 3CX offers customer support options, some users have reported challenges with response times or difficulty in reaching the appropriate support channels. The quality and availability of support may vary depending on the specific support plan or subscription level chosen.

Response from 3CX

Hello Gideon and thank you so much for your thorough and positive feedback! Indeed, 3CX is fully scalable as a business grows and is the perfect solution for connecting teams and customers and remote workers.
In terms of support, there's always the option to reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email at [email protected].
Our friendly customer service team will be happy to assist!
Alternatively, if you set up 3CX via a Partner, they will be able to support you.

Replied 2/6/2023
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 13/2/2023

3cx is an essential program

I am very satisfied with the 3 cx program, as I have been able to carry out its functions in a practical and efficient way on a daily basis. While not perfect, I think this program is very useful.

Pros

This program has provided a trouble-free calling and receiving experience from the moment it was installed on your computer. As a daily user of this tool, I haven't had major difficulties or complaints related to poor quality or connection drops.

Cons

There are few aspects of the program that I dislike. The first one is the delay in the initial connection. Although it did not record connection failures, the connection slowness makes the program less practical. Also, I notice the lack of an option to make conference calls, which is of paramount importance for my tasks. If this option were available, the utility of the program would improve.

Response from 3CX

Hello, thank you for the highly rated review! We love to hear that 3CX has been very practical and efficient for your business.

You can also visit our 3CX Forum to find out more about the option of the conference calls and any other questions you may have: https://www.3cx.com/community/

Replied 20/2/2023
Ryan
Ryan

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

The best VoIP phone system for small businesses

We had a customer that had 3 different companies within the walls of the building. We were able to configure each company separately so that their rules, hours, and each had different SIP providers that needed to be configured up properly. Each had their own digital assistant and the system setup took only a few hours to complete with all the complexity that was involved. Technical support was outstanding in assisting with the troubleshooting and setup.

Pros

The 8 concurrent call Standard License is free to all companies. This makes it a perfect solution for churches, small businesses, and as the small businesses grow into medium sized businesses, the annual cost for the license with higher concurrent calls is nominal. When companies switch from the POTS lines, they need to figure out a good solution for VoIP. 3cx is lower cost than RingCentral and 8x8 as well as many other competing VoIP softwares.

Cons

Putting in supported APAP adapters is great, but when a customer has a non supported adapter, it usually works, but doesn't play nicely with the software as far as configuring it easily.

Response from 3CX

Sincere thanks for your feedback.

Replied 29/11/2019
Jean Philippe

Reviewed on 25/8/2023

The industry leader, and it shows

I would not choose any other provider. They are the best and the petty things that are harder to get by are still petty issues. I would recommend all the way!

Pros

3CX is the best solution for our needs because it is supported on many platforms, allowing quick changes in a fast-paced environment with critical situations.

Cons

I have to say, for a service that is so good in all areas, I am a little dissapointed in voicemail management. But hey, there's always place for improvement!

Response from 3CX

Hi Jean! Thank you very much for your positive feedback on 3CX! We are glad to hear that 3CX meets your needs and requirements.

We are continually working to make improvements so that our customers are satisfied.

For the issues you are having with voicemail management, you can reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email: [email protected]

Replied 6/9/2023
Anna
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

great phone system for remote team

Pros

works great to ensure we can stay away from call center features and have remote agents log in and control call flows. Covers most of our needs in digital phone service management for our clients

Cons

some agents would see occasional status change, need to address connectivity issues sometimes, but overall works great. Would love to have an option to add to the same call more than 2 numbers.

Response from 3CX

Hey Anna! Thank you for your positive review of our phone system. We're glad it effectively supports your remote team and meets most of your digital phone service management needs.

In regards to suggestions and ideas we invite you to share this in our dedicated forum section at https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/. Ideas that receive enough community upvotes will be considered for future development.

Replied 15/12/2023
Clay
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 3/6/2021

3CX Review

Overall, if you are looking for an extremely intuitive, inexpensive phone system solution 3CX is what you need. Their support is top-notch and the phone system itself is very easy to manage.

Pros

What I like most about 3CX is the ease of use. The interface is extremely intuitive and very user-friendly. Also, the install instructions are extremely easy and I was able to set up a virtual Debian server and install 3CX in under 30 minutes.

Cons

I wish 3CX offered time-based routing. It would be nice if you could designate the calls to go to certain places during certain times rather than having it strictly during hours and after hours. There are workaround for this, but it would be extremely convenient if it was built into the interface.

Response from 3CX

Thank you Clay for your valuable feedback!
We really appreciate you for taking the time to leave a review and we are pleased to hear that your experience with 3CX has been positive.

Replied 4/6/2021
Nancy
Nancy
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 30/5/2021

Getting in Touch with Fellow Colleagues and Clients

3CX is used on both phones and pc which means a user can have it on the move or in a specific working area. The software has a lot features in one place that assist in communication.

Pros

The software is good with organizations. I use it in the organization making outbound and taking inbound calls from both clients and colleagues. 3CX also has features like call transfers and call conferencing enables a link between different parties.

Cons

As any other software there are some issues. The system crashes sometimes and communication is cut affecting the organization. The system cannot work with just any kind of internet connection the software will not work properly.

Response from 3CX

Hi Nancy and thanks so much for your positive feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. If the crashing issue persists, we'd encourage you to contact our customer support or seek consultation in the 3CX Forum.

Replied 24/6/2021
Sean
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 14/7/2019

Affordable Phone System for Businesses of All Sizes

Pros

3CX has all the features you would find in major brands of PBX systems with flexible deployment options for on-premise or cloud hosted systems. The system is very easy to setup and administer with training and certification available. 3CX has a large partner network and supports many brands of phones and gateways. The system is very affordable for smaller business and non-profit organizations. Security of calls is built-in which is very important when looking at VoIP telephone solutions. Apps for iOS, Android and Windows make connecting your mobile staff effortless by simply downloading the App and scanning a QR to provision the users extension.

Cons

Even though there are very useful reports built into the system there is no report for average SIP trunk usage and this is only able to be retrieved through the SIP trunk provider. Features are continually being added and this system is very stable so I cannot really say there are any cons.

Gladys
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 1/6/2019

Make calls to landline numbers with 3cx

cost benefits as making calls from a mobile device to a landline number is expensive in my country.

Pros

We use 3cx in the office to make local and international landline calls from our phones. The software is absolutely free! No licenses required. You just need to install a software on your mobile device and you are ready to go. I like this because in my country it is costly to make a landline call from a mobile number. So with 3cx the cost is not charged to my mobile number account. So we can make client calls or cold calls with ease

Cons

Sometimes we may be in remote areas to make a call. And if that is so, our internet connection sometimes drops and this will affect experience with the software. When this happens, we would need to rely on other means when making calls.

Richa
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 26/1/2024

Good software for online calling and team calling

I would say it has been satisfactory for the price and limited use

Pros

Wase of use, good functionality and reasonably priced

Cons

Desktop app is a bit clunky, stops working intermittently and need IT people to fix it

Response from 3CX

Hi Richa! Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you find 3CX easy to use, functional, and reasonably priced. We've recently introduced a new Windows Softphone offering a smoother experience. You can learn more about it here: https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/windows-softphone-app/

We hope this makes your 3CX experience even better!

Replied 29/1/2024
Chad
Chad

Reviewed on 1/4/2018

As a VoIP service provider we have tried them all

Reliable phone system

Pros

3CX is very feature rich that is constantly improving every day. The top pro is its rock solid reliability. VoIP is rather mature at this point but its not without its problems - particularly network based problems. 3CX successfully eliminates these with the use of a border session controller.

Cons

Support can be very expensive if not purchased through the proper channel partner. Company refuses to heed directional input and new "ideas", they have their path defined. As far as VoIP is concerned these cons can really be said about any PBX, so don't take these as 3CX specific. You wont find anything better than 3CX - trust me we have spent a lot of resources trying.

Tim

Reviewed on 8/5/2019

A fully featured phone system that does not break the bank and just works.

We found 3CX when helping a car dealership client find a new phone system. We like it so much we became 3CX partners and have reached Platinum Partner status with 3CX. Our customers love it, and so do we.

Pros

Ease of implementation, feature set, platform support and reasonable cost. You can use this phone system for almost any situation, whether on-premise with local dial tone, a private co-location datacenter or most major cloud providers. 3CX works aggressively to keep the software up to date and continually rolls out new features, such as their Web Client. Yes - you can even use your Chromebook as your telephone.

Cons

Occasional changes to the FREE version - but hey, it's free.

Callan

Reviewed on 6/4/2020

3CX Soft Phone

This is a great piece of software when working from home. I connect to my VPN and I am able to make and receive international calls from the comfort of my home office.

Pros

Great for making international calls, from any location. I use this on my laptop and connect a bluetooth headset.

Cons

When I am using a bluetooth headset and listening to something (e.g music), if I start the 3CX app up it changes the way sounds comes out the headset. So each need to keep the app close and open it each time i want to make a call. A bit annoying.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your comments about our software! About the issue you faced with the headset, our software does not directly affect the headsets, rather it registers to the sound devices the OS is using. Having said this, I would suggest checking the OS sound settings, and also maybe try another headset if you have one available, maybe a wired one to rule out this being somehow related to BT.

Replied 8/4/2020
Jordan
Jordan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 8/10/2018

Adaptable and Progresive

I have managed 3CX for my company for over 6 years. During that time we have gone from hosting the PBX on Windows to Hosting on a Digital Ocean Linux VM. 3CX is much more stable on Linux. With a variety of hosting options, you should be able to fit 3CX to your environment and wallet size. Even having an always on backup server is an inexpensive, but necessary endeavor that will keep your employees and clients happy. 3CX is a very competitive option, with many PBX providers that I have queried not even wanting to attempt to compete against the 3CX PBX.

Pros

New Features added regularly
inexpensive
multi-platform
mobile
fully featured for call centers or standard business pbx
High Available backup PBX

Cons

documentation can be outdated at times
reporting is not the best

Nicholas

Reviewed on 23/5/2023

3CX Softphone great solution for our call centre.

Pros

We used the 3CX softphone in our call Centre environments and it was a great solution, we used it to replace all our physical hard phones .

Cons

we did not experience any issues with the system so im happy to recommend it.

Response from 3CX

Hi Nicholas! Thank you for taking the time to share your review here on Capterra. We are so happy to hear that 3CX has been a great solution for your call centre! Thank you for being part of the 3CX family.

Replied 24/5/2023