About PayPal

PayPal is a digital payment platform that enables businesses and individuals to pay and accept payments through an online portal without revealing any financial details. The solution is suitable for businesses of all sizes. PayP...

Browse PayPal Reviews

21,465 of 21,465 reviews
Ogochukwu O.

Reviewed on 7/12/2021

PayPal Is The Best And The Quickest Digital Wallet Provider For Sending And Receiving Money...

If you desire the fastest digital wallet for sending and receiving money online, I'd suggest you obtain a PayPal account like I did. Also, I could easily send money to my friends and family, by simply adding-in their PayPal email account and BOOM!

Pros

I have the ability to send and receive money online, from both local and international funding sources, with no limit on my account, meaning that, I can receive any amount of money on my account and as well as withdraw same amount of money to my local bank account.

Cons

PayPal does not support all countries in the world, making it hard for those countries to utilize PayPal for sending and receiving funds online. Also their customer support team is not a good gone, especially during your tough account situation.

Reviewed on 8/12/2021

Market standard as purchasing method - a must for shops

Pros

PayPal is a standard payment method for me when it comes to online payment transactions. It's easy, quick, and straightforward. The customer can choose between different payment methods (PayPal account with direct debit, credit card or purchase on account/installments). Dealers immediately get payment confirmation. In addition, all business payments are covered by buyer protection. This makes it a very convenient transaction method.

Cons

Some points are rather negative. For instance, in the past PayPal has frozen higher incoming payments directly (suspicion of money laundering). Verification of your account is a must. I also find the fees that are charged occasionally very questionable. Therefore, as the operator of a digital payment, the amount of the order sums have to be questioned. Not all payments should be managed with Paypal as it can get very expensive.

Klarna and Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal is the market standard and has a higher market adoption.
Heather R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/11/2021

Good for basic needs of a small business

Overall it’s a great, easy to use app. It gets the job done while giving you peace of mind while starting a business.

Pros

I like the ease of invoicing, receiving payments, and logging all invoices from one app. It is perfect for a small business starting out and takes the hassle of finding different apps for each tool.

Cons

I don’t like the wait time on refunding customers. I’ve learned it takes too long of a timeframe for the customer and resorted to using a different menthols for my refunds.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I already used PayPal in the past for personal use, and knew the basics already.

Top PayPal Alternatives

Josh C.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 14/9/2021

Great online payments system with many features

My experience has been great and I use Paypal all the time for many online purchases and have places that send me payments right to my paypal account.

Pros

There are very few places that do not take paypal. You can easily add multiple ways to pay. It also easily integrates with many things like woocommerce, zapier and wordpress to take payments if you would like. It is easy to get money from friends or people who owe you for business.

Cons

There is really only one annoyance that I have with paypal. If I have a say $10 visa or mastercard gift card and say I want to buy something for $15 most places online don't take 2 forms of payment for the same item so I need some way to put the gift card into my paypal account, but they don't allow you to easily send money from a credit card or prepaid gift cards. So the work around is to make an invoice and send it to another email and then pay with the gift card. There are 2 things with this the first is then that you must pay a fee which I understand and would be fine paying the fee. The other is that the whole process is a pain in the butt. They should just allow prepaid gift card amounts to be added to your balance and then just charge you the fee. Annoying but not a deal breaker.

Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

It's not necessarily that I have chosen Paypal over Wave. I use Wave more for my business and accounting stuff and making pretty invoices. I use Paypal way more often for my personal stuff and many online purchases and to get payments from survey sites and a few other things. So I think Paypal has its great purposes and if I start an ecommerce website which I probably will I will likely use Paypal for taking payments with Woocommerce.
Charlene D.

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Very Fair When Handling Disputes

I had a customer put through a dispute that was totally unfair. What the customer was saying to Paypal wasn't true, he basically wanted his product for free and his money back. I was worried they may just favor this customer and not read the evidence I sent it. It took some time to go through it all but they obviously read all the evidence I sent them and the case was in my favor. I was so happy they took the time to do a thorough investigation and didn't just assume a customer is always right because in this case, they were not. PayPal's Customer services overall are great, they are there when you need them and very fair! Thanks PayPal!!!

Pros

Easy integration into my WordPress site and easy setup.

Cons

When I have a sale on my WP Site, the totals never come through showing the fees attached as they do with the Stripe payment system. It makes bookkeeping a little longer as I have to go into PP to see the fees. Maybe there is a setting or something that I'm just not seeing.

Brian G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

You need PayPal stat!

I’ve used PayPal for many years and will continue to since more people pay with PayPal than any other processing app (for us anyway)

Pros

PayPal is quickly becoming the norm when it comes to online payment and is even gaining more steam in replacing traditional point of sale (POS) systems in traditional brick and mortar businesses. I love that PayPal has a crypto option as well as crypto currency is quickly gaining popularity around the world.

Cons

One of the only things I don’t particularly care for is how easy it is for a scammer to avoid payment with PayPal (typically Facebook marketplace transactions) IF the sender doesn’t cover themselves well with evidence at every stage proving they shipped the item in question.
Besides that, PayPal is great!

Tao T.

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

my fabulous interactions with PayPal

To Conclude all in all I appreciate utilizing PayPal in light of the fact that you can send cash safely, and you don't need to stress over your cash being taken and it not being repaid. You can likewise utilize PayPal and purchase things online on sites you're uncertain about without uncovering your data. PayPal offers the loved ones choice, and I like that choice since his men when expenses. Likewise, when utilizing PayPal move, your cash is moment, and you don't need to stand by extensive stretches of time.

Pros

To top off the listing I would like to say PayPal is extremely easy to use, very simple and convenient.
Next PayPal provides a great sense of secure transactions and worry free in the event something leads astray.
PayPal does not charge you to send money to friends and family.

Cons

One of the only if not the only drawback to PayPal in my eyes is the fees for chargeback, its fairly high nonetheless this is miniature compared to the pros and benefits.

Kristen S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Just incredible!

Overall we use PayPal for our processing and for our business capital loans. It has been fantastic and we could not be happier. They are truly a fantastic company to work with.

Pros

We have a business capital loan with Paypal. It has been the easiest and best loan. No credit check, comes out with each sale and so easy to get.

Cons

There is nothing I would improve at this time.

• Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Paypal

Pros

I like how easy it is to create your account and start receiving payments,

Cons

Withdrawing your funds to your bank account every 1st each month & if you need that money during the month you need withdraw & pay extra fees

Jermaine W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Shop from anywhere!

Pros

PayPal is widely accepted all over the world as a medium of payment. PayPal acts as a wallet where users can link their visa or master cards. User can shop and make payments from the wallet or directly from their linked cards. Users can also set up invoices to receive payments and small business can benefit from 24 hour seller protection that the platform offers. There are several other features which can benefit small business whether or not they operate from their own website.

Cons

Linking paypal to your business might require a bit of technical skill. Reverse payments/ withdrawal from paypal wallet might be difficult for persons living outside of the US and do not have a US bank account.

Sal P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

The original and the essential.

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice.

PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

Cons

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.
Claude F.

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Who doesn't know Paypal as the best and most secured online bank and payment processing system?

To sum it all, paypal is the best online bank system because of its very strong security. It is almost impossible for scammers to steal your money if you use paypal as means of payment

Pros

Everyone knows paypal as the most secured online banking system or escrow system. They give scammers a nightmare. Scammers cannot steal your money if you use paypal as a payment processor. I also love the aspect that they support business to grow by giving them business credits or business loans. The user interface is also straight forward and easy to use. It is also a very fast, reliable and secure way of sending money to anybody in the world. They also have a good customer service, who are very nice to customers. They are constantly bringing in new features into the platform like cryptocurrency trading. I also love the face that you can buy an item and pay in 4 different installments. The list goes on ...

Cons

Overall, I do not have any issues with paypal. Sometimes, they are to strict to a point where they may limit or suspend your account after you initiate a huge transaction. This is something good, but they take almost a week to restore your account. A week is a long time and it may affect a business

Rodrigue W.

Reviewed on 1/10/2021

Paypal Review

In general my overall experience with PayPal has always been a positive one and its an app that i highly and usually recommend to friend , family and also to my customers in the course of my work as freelancer.

Pros

The opening of a Paypal account is not only free but also very simple and fast
A well-known and reliable payment gateway
Ultra fast payment (5 seconds)
Instant account-to-account money transfer
PayPal commission negotiation possible
PayPal presence in more than 200 countries
Money available immediately
Another big plus is that the money is available right away. Unlike payment processors like Stripe and the like, which block you funds for at least a week; PayPal you have the money directly available, you can directly spend them, pay them into your account within one minute of receiving the funds
Once your account is open, you no longer have to re-register your bank details and can make your purchases from your sofas
The confidentiality of your banking data minimizes the risk of fraud during remote shopping.
If you do not receive your order paid with Paypal, you can, under certain conditions, be refunded
Your payments in euros in the European Economic Area * are commission-free.
There is a customer service that you can contact by email or phone.
Another big plus of PayPal is that everyone knows. in the end it's quite simple: if you offer PayPal on your order page or on your e-commerce store, people immediately know what it is, often they already have an account PayPal. And so, it easily allows them to be able to pay you if they don't have their credit card available.
Finally as an advantage, is that as a customer - and I admit, it is very convenient and I use very regular..

Cons

Things i really don't like on Paypal is the high commission rate.Paypal has adopted a premium positioning on commissions since its inception, which can represent a real obstacle for e-merchants wishing to optimize their margins.
The customer service
Another downside to PayPal is customer service. Have you ever had fun calling them? There you have the little music that tells you: “your call is on hold, please wait” for 5-10-15 minutes. And then you wait 10-15 minutes, I've been waiting 25 minutes already, I still have no one on the phone. " So the customer service which is really very bad, big areas for improvement for PayPal. Plus, as soon as you have problems, it is still quite painful to have the right person concerned in the right department, to specifically have the need for the person who will help with the specific problem.
If your password is stolen, anyone can make purchases without your knowledge. It is therefore essential to choose a complicated and non-intuitive password.
A lot of adminitrative and paperwork
So another problem with PayPal is usually the paperwork: there are a lot of verification requests.
Geographical limitation
Paypal now bans its use in some countries around the world, including Africa and the Middle East.

• Industry: Music

Reviewed on 30/9/2021

PayPal is an Essential Payment Provider with Amazing Features for Every Business

Overall, my experience with PayPal has been very positive. From the ease of use, convenience and safety of transferring money, PayPal remains one of my top choices for business transactions, especially when dealing with customers and merchants overseas.

Pros

PayPal takes the globe and makes it feel small. Through the payment services PayPal offers, anyone can do business from anywhere, and know that their money, as well as the money of their customers, is safe and secure. PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. I love PayPal's ability to convert currency easily, as well as the "instant transfer" feature where you can receive money instantly into your bank account from PayPal. I also love that when you receive money, you can use it as "PayPal cash" to pay for other transactions, or deposit it into a linked checking account. While there are several other payment providers available, the features and ease of use that PayPal offers makes it a top performer, and must-have for any business.

Cons

PayPal is truly amazing, and overall has great features. The one downside is the excessive fees. From the instant transfer fees, to the payment fees, etc, PayPal certainly takes its share of revenue. If the fees were lowered, or even eliminated in some cases, PayPal would be the top choice for just about every business.

Shopify POS, Square Payments, Apple Pay and Google Pay

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

While I still use other products as well, PayPal is best for ease of use. Because it was one of the first available payment providers, I find that people of all ages can easily use PayPal, while they may not yet be used to using other payment providers.
Ayman S.

Reviewed on 25/9/2021

The best Online Payment Platform in the world

PayPal helped me to carry out business and also buy services from different regions of the world, as the speed of the response of the site makes it difficult to be a victim of fraud, as there is no room for any of the customers to say that I sent the amount and similar arguments, as if he actually sent it, the site It will make you receive it immediately, which will make you feel that there is an assistant for you who guarantees your rights.

Pros

PayPal is one of the best electronic payment sites ever in the world, as the site has a network of relationships with all financial institutions around the world and enables the user, especially the owners of small enterprises, to receive and send money for a nominal fee while providing the utmost security and protection and ensuring the speed of execution of orders.
Also, one of the most distinguishing features of the site is the rapid response to all comments and complaints, and the site also provides a center for resolving disputes.
Also, when using it, you will ensure that there is no fraud or money laundering, which enables you to withdraw your money safely and without fear of being detained.

Cons

In fact, I have used PayPal for a long time and I don't think there are any drawbacks, as it depends on the user himself, if all his transactions are legal, all his transactions will be fast and he will not face any problem, and if there are any illegal matters he will expose himself to problems using the application.

Eduardo A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 22/9/2021

I used to complain about Paypal's high fees until I was the target of fraudsters with Stripe

Excellent. It's a breeze for sellers to install/setup and configure.

Pros

Easy to use. A lot of people know it. A lot of people use it. It is everywhere and it is trusted.

Cons

The fees could be a little lower, but it is NOTHING compared to what you risk and lose with cargeback claims with other payment providers.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I was the target of fraud. Stripe let a TON of fraudulent payments through and we dispatched them thinking they were legitimate orders. Stripe did nothing to help resolve the issue when we contacted them: it was automated messages after automated message. We lost all the money, the product and we still got charged by stripe a fee for every chargeback. STAY AWAY FROM STRIPE.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Paypal has a seller protection program where it protects the seller from fraudulent orders.
Md mahbub A.

Reviewed on 15/9/2021

When it comes to choosing the best payment system, Paypal is the most perfect solution!

PayPal is one of the most popular online payment systems around the world. It allows users to transfer funds electronically and also provides the ability to make payments without divulging financial information since it can process payments via credit card or bank account without any direct link between the consumer's bank account and the merchant's PayPal account. In addition, PayPal offers a buyer protection guarantee for unauthorized purchases made with a user's credit card on its network.

Pros

As i work with digital marketing and serve globally so it's mandatory for me to find the best solution. Paypal did the job for me. I can take payments anytime securely, from any country of the world (although Paypal doesn't support in few countries yet). Besides i can buy digital goods easily with the help of paypal. Its supported to all the global platforms which is great. In the same country, transferring money has no fee! Gift card system is also useful sometimes. In a word, i'm in love with Paypal.

Cons

Paypal usually gives the most priority to the senders. Sometime clients ask for dispute illegally, Paypal can't guarantee your money. I saw few buddies, their account has been limited by Paypal for the illegal dispute requests by their clients. Paypal should come up with the solution and serve properly to the both parties.

Satya M.

Reviewed on 10/9/2021

Best Transaction tool in the Market.

Overall it is the best tool to use for any transaction. To make any payment to any business or to any third-party vendor also it is best software for that. Also it provides several gateway to collect transaction, setup recurring transactions as well as collecting checks also.

Pros

The Best part is we can add payee using their email address. No Account number or Routing number is needed. We can make the payment through the card also and add the card to the account seamlessly. It also provides auto currency converter so need of thinking about cross country transaction. It provides best gateway for online transaction for any B2B business.

Cons

Sometime Fraudulent activity can occur through the same since users can create some fake account using some fake email id and use that to receive payment which can't be tracked. Also It doesn't have the facility to validate the payment through email or mobile phone after making the payment.

Apple Pay, Amazon Pay and Google Pay

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

The Best part for pyapal is it is platform independent as well as globally accepted form of payment. Also it provides crypto currency payment which is the best part. We can trust on the software as it is PCI compliance. Also it has best customer support.
Nathan G.
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 29/8/2021

Paypal ruined my Birthday last year and couldn't even explain to me what was going for a month.

I like them until all that happened during my birthdate and now I will never use it again other than to accept a long-distance payment from someone that only has PayPal as an option.

Pros

I never had a problem with PayPal before my last birthday. I have always had the cash that someone paid me thru Paypal Immediately. I like that the cost to cash out your finds is moderately cheap fee's. So that is why I decided to deposit money into my account on my 38 birthday to be able to buy a computer online. I like that when doing cash reload that it only takes 15 mins to load.

Cons

So Loaded cash onto my PayPal cash card at 7eleven on the 6th of February so I could pay someone some money I owed them. it worked perfectly like all other times that I have done it. But then on my birthday on the 10th of February, I went to Walmart to load to cash loads one for $400 and another one right after that for $500 as I wanted to order a new laptop online that night for my birthday present to myself. Well the lady at Walmart was new and she didn't know that PayPal only allows you to load $500 a day or else they could flag your money for possible money laundering. Well, let's just say that I wasn't aware of this either. So I made both cash loads and made sure to keep my receipts because it was almost $1000 in cash and the only money I had for the next few weeks. Well, let just say that they never loaded it onto my card. So I called customer care and therein started to month-long confusion and the worst absolute run around that I have ever experienced from a companies customer care dept.. It took a month and a half for them to release my money to me. It ruined my birthday and left me broke with no answers for way too long. Don't ever make the same mistake I did.

Damla E.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 31/8/2021

Paypal with some shortcomings and excellences

As a Paypal customer, I recommend Paypal to everyone. PayPal can be recommended as it is overly useful for some people to overlook the adaptability and simplicity PayPal offers. While not ideal for everyone, it is an economical and successful device for some. Although several groups have had terrible encounters with PayPal, it is an extremely useful application for me.

Pros

PayPal, Business and Premier records offer many apparatuses for better incorporation with eBay. Along these lines, exchanging on this monster site turns out to be a lot simpler. The straightforward altering and customization options Pal offers are likewise truly keen. PayPal offers the most secure way to deal with web based shopping without concealing any information in my record when shopping on the web and giving over my financial information. I can tell that these are the most popular pnes among the advantages of Paypal.

Cons

Haggling on the site can be troublesome assuming I need to cancel a membership by means of PayPal, and on the off chance that I have a question with somebody and the installment is taken care of by PayPal, they will take up the mediation interaction, which can consume most of the day.

Sadly on the off chance that I run into an issue with an installment, Paypal needs great client support, contact telephone numbers are elusive on the site, and messages are frequently replied with computerized answers as opposed to real counsel.

The PayPal confirmation framework takes a great deal of time, which can be extremely baffling when you connect a financial balance to your PayPal account, two little stores are saved into that record and you might have to report the sums to PayPal to check your own record.

Reviewed on 2/8/2021

PayPal delivers smooth payment processing to individuals and businesses

Overall, PayPal does make it easy for individuals and businesses to pay and get paid online. There are new ways introduced to quickly get paid, which is great. The user interface has been constantly improved, new features are rolled out in different phases with a lot of testing but there are also things that can be improved. I feel that there hasn't been enough innovation at PayPal. That combined with more strict policies and doubtful practices towards businesses in certain industries, make me feel like PayPal doesn't really care too much anymore about small players (small businesses and solo entrepreneurs). I hope that changes in the future, because once upon a time PayPal was a pioneer that helped pave the way for entrepreneurs to start doing more business online, worldwide.

Pros

I've been using PayPal for 15 years, both personally and through my business, and have been a happy customers for most of this time. The strength of PayPal is that it's very easy to send & accept payments once you got your account set up. Subscription management is easy, which was a plus for me as I sold a lot of subscription-based products and services. Overall it's a platform that is modern and solid. That's why it's trusted by so many consumers.

Cons

The platform itself is good. It's modern, secure and very solid, but in my opinion it's also missing some advanced features that new platforms have. There should be more innovation. A good example is that I think we should be able to accept multiple mobile payment solutions through PayPal as well as support for multiple cryptocurrencies. PayPal has some catching up to do if it wants to stay on top of the business. The support teams also should care more about working together with businesses, instead of sending canned responses and not being helpful.

Maciej M.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 18/3/2021

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Reason was simple: Stripe is less known in Poland than PayPal, therefore I chose the latter one.
Ozlem P.

Reviewed on 20/3/2021

Easy way to transfer money

By and large, I am exceptionally happy with Paypal and the scrambled installment technique that it gives my customers. I can send them solicitations rapidly and the email contains a connection for them to pay the receipt right away. They don't have to have a Paypal account which is likewise a major addition since a portion of my customers doesn't straightforwardly have Paypal. They can pay for administrations as visitors. Advantageous and very much fabricated programming.

Pros

I like it since It's a free alternative to get and send installments anyplace on the planet. Because of the site intergradation particularly with Shopify, I'm ready to get installments through PayPal. The android application is stunning to oversee everything in one spot and furthermore, I use it to send cash with no issues. I use PayPal since 2013 and it's my best option when I pay something on the web since, in such a case that something incorrectly happens I have the choice to ask PayPal for a discount and I will get it with no issue. PayPal Protects purchasers one than some other Payment administrations and I truly full I'm protected constantly from con artists on the web and I can't believe any Payment supplier as I confide in PayPal.

Cons

The expense structure in case you're not a believed seller can feel a piece catching as there is an obligatory stand-by period before they will deliver your cash to you. It is highly unlikely inside the product to facilitate the interaction and there is no simple method to contact PayPal thusly. The other issue with the application is that once you enter in a check card number or a Visa number the application will not allow you to eliminate it until they are evidence that your record is clear.

Alex B.

Reviewed on 16/3/2021

Paypal is extremely beneficial for my business and my clients prefer the convenient payment...

Overall I am highly satisfied with Paypal and the encrypted payment method that it provides my clients. I can send them invoices quickly and the email contains a link for them to pay the invoice immediately. They don't even need to have a Paypal account which is also a big plus since some of my clients don't directly have Paypal. They are able to pay for services as guests. Very convenient and very well built software.

Pros

As a small business it was always difficult for me to accept credit cards from clients who requested to pay their invoices via card. Before using paypal I actually occasionally had to request they send a check which not only wasn't ideal for my client but it wasn't ideal for my business since the check could take a week or longer to arrive and then another 3-7 days to clear.
Finally I decided to setup and utilize paypal and I haven't looked back since. Paypal is a trusted vendor that my clients don't have an issue putting in their credit card information. The funds are sent almost instantly and I am able to link my paypal account to my business account.
It even provides the preferred shipping address and comments for clients who purchase something that includes a product to be shipped.
I highly recommend Paypal and couldn't be happier with their service.

Cons

There is not a lot to dislike about Paypal. My only complaint would be that the fees paypal charges tend to be slightly higher than other services. But compared against setting up the ability to receive credit cards through a bank, or building out a secure payment method on the website in house it is much more efficient. So even that is relative.

Ritchie F.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 9/3/2021

The Perfect Tool for Reimbursements

I have used PayPal for more than a decade and it is my favorite money sharing application. It is a key part of my production tool kit.

Pros

The most impressive feature of PayPal is the ease to send money at no fee and how widespread it is used. In film and television production we have a lot of money that needs to be spent out of pocket, which can be hard fro people. PayPal is the perfect tool for reimbursing people or sending them upfront spending money to be used on props, wardrobe, hard drives, etc. PayPal makes it very easy to clam people by sharing money quickly and in an efficient way. PayPal also makes it easier to pay someone via a company credit card if a vendor invoices using the software.

Cons

One con of using PayPal is when someone requests money the wrong way, then there can be a fee involved (if someone invoices instead of requesting). This is easy to work around when needed by being clear how the company/production is using PayPal and why we are using it for reimbursments.