About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small to large enterprises manage expenses, projects, invoices and more. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which enables users to gain insights into...

4.2

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Bob

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all.

I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine.

One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for an awesome review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 11/9/2019
Laura

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed a program that would have 24/7 uptime and allowed for faster uploads/imports.

Odoo

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted the web-based application for easier availability, scalability, and extensibility.
Jodi

Reviewed on 1/12/2022

QBO is Life

Pros

It makes a very difficult task like accounting that people take years to learn an understandable and conquerable task for people without the proper education and background. I'm an accounting professional I never intended to be because of it. Payroll is a breeze!

Cons

The terms used for categories gets excessive sometimes but if you keep track then it isn't difficult to learn.

Top QuickBooks Online Advanced Alternatives

SAP HANA Cloud

Caseware Corporation Tax

Norton AntiVirus

Laura

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Not Happy, Stay with Desktop

I tried talking to my rep who sold me this because we'd like to go back to desktop and she didn't respond. I would not recommend online for anyone. It is a dumbed down version of the desktop and not where it should be as an accounting software.

Pros

Not much; I guess that I can use it from anywhere.

Cons

We paid for QB to transition our information & payroll over and they did an awful job. I was having invoices & bills show up from 4 years ago, payroll was only setup half way. You can't apply specific vendor credits to bills, it just comes over as a whole number. They have a new line item on the cash basis P/L of unapplied cash, can't get it off of there & online support was no help. Our bank accounts constantly get disconnected from it. It's hard to see what you are looking at when they have advertisements for everything popup in the window. Some of the headers on the pages are too big making it difficult to scroll and find what you are looking for.

Ross
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Excellent Software

Overall my experience has been good, a few times either myself or another user has made a mistake but with the help of online and phone support we got the issue fixed in a timely manner.

Pros

Overall the software is easy to use and robust New features have a learning curve as with most things, the online help with this is good.

Cons

The price can be daunting for smaller businesses or even individuals

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommendation from a friend who uses the lower tier package, but thought the higher tier package would be a good fit for us.
Julie
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Nice program - room for improvement but gets job done

Pros

I appreciate all the integrations with our bank and donor software - I don't have a lot of QuickBooks training but am able to manage everything on my own.

Cons

Customer service is terrible - call and chat features all give the run around and say a different department has to help and you end up on hold and never getting answers to important business questions. Best to have a network of other users to help you work through some problems as they come up.

Ché

Reviewed on 8/12/2022

I love QuickBooks Online!

I am supremely pleased with QuickBooks Online and would prefer that all my clients utilize this program!

Pros

The ease of use, customer service, and product videos make QuickBooks Online a no-brainer when it comes to choosing an accounting program. Wish all my clients used it!

Cons

The payroll roll-overs can be challenging and time-consuming. I spent an entire day on the phone with customer service when rolling from Desktop to Online.

Anish

Reviewed on 17/1/2023

User Friendly

It was so easy to use and we could do so many things.

Pros

It was so easy to track expenses and profit. We can look at the balance sheet profit and loss at any time.

Cons

I had no issue with the application. It was so easy to work with. I loved the application and was so user friendly.

Damian

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Another fantastic Intuit product

Just as fast as efficient although with many more bells and whistles as the previous online version.

Pros

The downloadable features for transactions through banking is always fast and efficient.

Cons

Not as many features as the desktop version but more features as the prior online version.

Robert
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 19/1/2023

Quick books review

Pros

I can transfer invoices etc from other apps

Cons

Somewhat difficult to navigate in the online version

Kevin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

The one stop software for any Business

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations.
From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks.
What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.
Molly

Best Move My Company Ever Made

The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

It was too expensive and our organizational structure changed. We no longer saw the benefit for an expensive system with features we never used. The final straw was the fact NetSuite did not support 1099 preparation!

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We wanted a cloud based system since we utilize multiple instances. It made it easier to switch back and forth between companies.
LeAnn

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

So much better than complicated systems!!!

We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

MIP Fund Accounting

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Abila was archaic and our installation was no longer supported. For our organization, even moving to MIP online would have been overkill and costly.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Most efficient use of time and money with all the features we needed.
Richard
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

Cons

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.

Sara

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Efficient and Insightful

Since switching to QBO Advance our company has not only been able to work efficient and effectively but also pinpoint trouble areas both within our financials and bookkeeping. We have been able to work towards correcting and improving these areas. Overall, we are very happy with our experience thus far with QBO Advanced.

Pros

There are several features we find extremely convenient, including, the ability to directly connect our bank accounts, remote access to our software, and the at a glance profit and loss for projects. We also find the project feature to be the most useful and enjoy the hourly cost rate within projects to be extremely insightful. A final area we find extremely useful is the user permissions feature within QBO Advance; this feature has given us the ability to broaden our users and therefore increase our workflow efficiency without sharing our financial data.

Cons

We have found the payroll add-on to be difficult to work with, specifically, distributing the different pay rates because our employees get paid different wages when working on government jobs as well was when they work overtime. Overtime does not seem to accurately pull from the time cards and pay appropriately for overtime. We also wish more payroll data had transferred when switching from desktop to online.

Kristen
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Great step up from QB desktop

QB Advanced has been a great addition to our workplace. I am the main user and I like the ease of reports and other functions.

Pros

The product is user friendly. It is easy to navigate and find all the features. The tech support are always friendly, fast and always help with any questions I have had.

Cons

There are many features that we do not use, but I'm sure would be helpful to other companies.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Needed QuickBooks Online for our new company system and chose Advanced to get the most out of the product.

Reviewed on 12/5/2021

Cost Effective with a Learning Curve

I love now how it is so simple to use yet can be so detailed with it's output. The customer service support team were outstanding also and quick to resolve my issues.

Pros

I feel it has a great range of features including VAT submissions which as a sole trader is super helpful.

Cons

As with anything there can be some technical faults and I did find there was a learning curve but the same can be said with anything new that we try.

Michelle

Reviewed on 27/3/2021

Best accounting solution

Quickbooks Online has decreased the amount of time I spend on basic bookkeeping each month and allowed me to focus on reporting, forecasting and budgeting which were missing before.

Pros

For nonprofit accounting, the ability to use classes, projects, etc to keep track of functional expenses and grants is indispensable. Having bank feeds connected saves a lot of time. Being able to have our CPA log in at the same time to look at something is also an improvement over the desktop version.

Cons

It is updated a lot so you always have to learn it. We get a nonprofit discount through TechSoup but I know that the regular monthly fee vs purchasing the desktop version would be a barrier if we did not.

Tammy

It's All About The Extras

Pros

QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons

We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

Joy

Reviewed on 31/5/2022

Does the job

I am very satisfied with QBO overall, especially since we also use Quickbooks payroll.
Entering receipts and information is very easy and reporting is very intuitive.

I do with there was a better way to enter multiple receipts from a payment processor site(Square/Stripe), versus the batch deposits as the systems integrate now.

Pros

It is easy to enter information into Quickbooks and find it later.
Reports are great! I can always find the infromation I need in a ready report, and love that I can click within a report to access more detailed infromation.

Cons

As a non-profit, it can get a little complicated when tracking restricted revenues and their related expenses.
Year end reporting for fulfilling the 990 is not easy when working around the chart of accounts as it us set up in QBO - some account categories don't match up with the way nonprofits track them.

Response from Intuit

We really appreciate you sharing your review with us, Joy!

It's wonderful that QuickBooks has helped provide exactly what you all are needing for your non-profit!

Please keep in mind that you can create additional Chart of Accounts for more specified categorization using the steps outlined here: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/chart-accounts/add-account-chart-accounts-quickbooks-online/L0mCv3AKn_US_en_US?uid=l3xgkvrd).

If you have any other questions or need help, please don't hesitate to get in touch by phone or chat using the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' and we'd be glad to get you taken care of from there!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 2/6/2022
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

Quickbooks Online is easy to use and overall great value for the price

Overall very positive. My only gripes are listed above. They are just a few changes I'd like to see happen. Will continue using QB Online and hope to see improvements in the future!

Pros

Online access, ease of use, and overall user friendliness. Also love that you can add attachments to each entry. Fantastic, because then I don't have to go digging in a file cabinet to find the supporting documentation.

Cons

Custom reporting could definitely be improved. You can't select from nearly the amount of data items that are necessary. Also, a great feature to add would be the option to add a single attachment to bulk transactions. I would love to see this implemented. IE: when using "Batch Transactions" you could add a single report to the 25 different entries made in the batch. Also, another thing would be that you can list multiple departments on one invoice/sales receipt (IE make it a line item) instead of having to generate separate invoices/SR.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Affordable, realiable and easy to use

Accounting made easy even for those bookkeepers or accountants new to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks for nonprofits can handle small nonprofits and large ones as well. The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons

My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program. I just hand up and call again to talk to someone else.

Noura

Reviewed on 29/4/2021

Love QuickBooks Online

It has been great. It took a little bit of time to get used to switch from desktop to online. Initially I didn't like it as much as the desktop, but got used to it fairly quickly.

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support with multiple ways to contact support. Helps us track our company easily. Has everything our business needs.

Cons

The app is a little different than the web version, which throws me off sometimes when I am used to doing things a certain way using the web version.

Maanav

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

A central part of our business

Quickbooks Advanced is an excellent product that is a central part of our business and I make use of the application everyday. If you are looking for an easy to use accounting software that can scale with your business and provides the reports that help you make actionable decisions.

Pros

1. Easy to use
2. Excellent reporting functionality
3. Excellent Support
4. CC Payments

Cons

1. No way to limit/hide functionality we do not use
2. Limited without being on the Advanced version

• Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

QB Nonprofit easy to use

User friendly.

Pros

QB Nonprofit desktop is easy to use with its flexibility and options which includes name search for customers and vendors and its versitility in financial statements. The classes allow us to get financial statements by class or department which are also very useful. Along with our main department (church) we also have 2 schools, so the software allows us to get financial statements for just the schools. We also use the budgets and get financial statements that show comparisons to budget projections. Dollar to dollar and percentage comparisons. Budgets are easy to prepare. Numbers that are exactly to same from month to month can just be copied across the entire year and don't have to be entered into each month individually.

Cons

1. Sometimes have to wait a long time (as much as 45 minutes) to get telephone support.
2. No name search for employees.