honeybeeBase Reviews

4.1

4.1

About honeybeeBase

honeybeeBase is a cloud-based team management solution for small size businesses that allows them to track attendance, schedule tasks, clock employees in and out, communicate shifts and more. honeybeeBase allows employees to...

3.9

Browse honeybeeBase Reviews

Cathy
  • Industry: Government Administration

Excellent product

Overall I am very happy with the product. The customer service is exceptional. I cannot rave enough on that. I always get a response almost immediately and that in itself makes this an awesome product.

Pros

It's very easy to use and implement. The customer service is awesome.

Cons

I cannot enter our holidays across the board for all employees. I have to enter each holiday for each employee individually which is very time consuming. Also wish there was a way to make a group punch, such as when we were closed due to power outage or because of a hurricane evacuation, etc..... and employees received admin leave with pay. I had to enter each one individually. Our employees are not allowed to enter or make adjustments on their time sheets. They can only clock in and out.

Melissa
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Pivot

good

Pros

It is very affordable and the customer support is very responsive.

Cons

A time clock option would be a good thing to have installed

UKG Ready

Reasons for Switching to honeybeeBase

kathlene

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Great Dev Side - Maybe Some UI improvements

Solid. Easy for my managers to communicate, easy for clocking in and out, the application itself is quick. 9/10 just a bit too dated on the HTML/CSS/ JS side.

Pros

Well, it works. Buttons go where you need them to. Clocking in and out is the main point and it's easy to do. I've never had any api call or server errors. Everything seems up to speed.

Cons

It's a bit of an eyesore. I like the idea of a top nav with icons, but I'm not always sure which one to click on. I don't think you should have to think about a nav bar. Also, there's a lot of extra stuff on my home dashboard that I just don't need. I just need the clock in/out / break section, and the number of hours ive worked that week. The notifications on the left usually aren't that useful to me, but I can see why they're there. Beyond that, I rarely scroll to the bottom. Also the icons throughout look extremely outdated. Maybe it's the combination with the color palette? Maybe white icons? I get the honeybee idea, but I'm not sure all of the icons need to be black or with such heavy line weights.

Top honeybeeBase Alternatives

Cory

Great Tracking!

We have been able to drastically reduce out absenteeism and tardiness, the employees are held accountable for their actions and can see it in one dashboard. Prior to this we did not have a time clock, and had tons of late employees as well as tardy employees. the point system for absences was a great way for the employees to realize the amount of call offs they made

Pros

The ease of seeing all reporting employees in one location

Cons

I had some issues when attempting to export the reports for payroll records

Zachary
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 9/3/2019

Great Software

Pros

I like that I am able to setup multiple departments within a company but for many that would be different physical locations. Instead of that function I would like to see site functionality button. So I can setup different locations.

Cons

There is not much I do not like about the software. The worse part would be the breadcrumbs (the link clicking) do not always take you back to where you were.

Isaiah

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Budget Friendly Employee Time Management

For day to day use, the platform is fine. honeybeeBase meets our current needs and we've been happy with the customer support and overall price point.

Pros

The software is simple to use once you understand its application. For a simple time management tool, it is priced very well and works for our small office.

Cons

The design is relatively simple and navigating to where you need to be can take a few unnecessary steps.

RENEE

Ease of use

Easy to Access and Use. Very Intuitive software

Pros

I do like the Ease of Access of the software

Cons

I don't like the Loading Time of the software

Naomi

Time Sheet

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and the ability to see my timecard and punches in real time. Being able to keep track of my hours down to the second is extremely helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the app lags however when this occurs I am always able to just login online.

Helen
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

"Tracking my students at clinical"

We did a trial semester then a full semester and now are continuing to use the product.

Pros

I could easily get a message from my students when they arrived and left clinical.
I could text back and forth with my group.
I could follow their attendance.

I could document if they were late.

Cons

My students forget to sign in or out. It needs an alarm clock reminder.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 4/1/2019

Honeybeebase

We have worked through some of the quirks and are becoming more familiar with it.

Pros

I like the look of the software and it is somewhat easy to use.

Cons

I wish they would tell you during the trial period that there isn't really phone support to help you set your organization up.

Response from honeybeeBase

Thank you for the feedback! Our phone support is available to both subscribed clients and those on trial to make sure we help you get your account up and running. Sometimes we do experience higher call volume that may require you to leave a message on our support line, but our team will always try to return your call as soon as possible. We are also always happy to provide email or web conference support as well!

Replied 8/1/2019
Barbara
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Time saving

I love that each supervisor doesn't have to keep track of all the time sheets in the building and email or fax them to the bookkeeper once every two weeks.

Pros

I love that there is an app that is available because I usually start work long before I step foot on the property so I can log in and not worry about forgetting to log in when I get there.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches or doesn't log me when I thought it did

Edward

Very frustrating product

Pros

Being able to see the hours in the week that I worked as well as where I was at. Working in real estate, I'm traveling all over the place so it's also nice to look back and see where I was.

Cons

There are constant problems with the functionality of the software. It is very frustrating. More often than not, it just doesn't work the way it should.

Aamir

Reviewed on 31/1/2020

Ease of use and access to my information

I think all the people in our department are very satisfied with the program. I am only a user. The administrators may be able to say more.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It provides access, in detail, to all the information I need about my working hours, etc. It gives speedy access which I like a lot.

Cons

My use of this software is at a basic level but so far there is not much I would complain about.

Sunny
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Newby

I transferred to this in accordance to Crosstown Courier that I have my contract with

Pros

Uploading a photo ability to log vacation hrs

Cons

It doesn't matter what I do the same icons&tools displayed on the help screens for both the mobile and the desktop sites aren't the same as what I have available to me it's very frustrating and I still don't know if I was able to approve my hours so in the back of my head all I can think about is not getting paid

Response from honeybeeBase

We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble navigating the system. While some of your questions may need to be answered by your administrator based on the policies they have put in place, our support staff is available by email [email protected] or by phone 234-262-0005. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have!

Replied 5/2/2019
Taylor

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

Honeybee Base Review

I think this is one of the easiest time recording systems I've ever used before. Like I said before, the interface is user friendly and intuitive.

Pros

Very easy to use. It was so simple, I found the interface intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

Every know and then we'd experience some glitches, as far as not recording clocking in, or out.

Jason

Easy

Has not let me down so far. Much easier to track punch times.

Pros

Easy to use software. Great weekly time recording with pto times. They make it even easier with their cell phone app that allows mobile punches in and out.

Cons

Nothing so far. Service and software has performed as promised.

Donald
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 7/2/2020

My Review

I think overall Honeybeebase does what it needs to, but it could work a lot smoother.

Pros

It is necessary for work and is any easy way to request time off.

Cons

The inconsistencies and slowness of the app. Sometimes my start work button doesn't show up on the app.

theodore

EXTREMELY SLOW

Pros

HAVING THE ABILITY TO PUNCH IN AND OUT ON OUR CELL PHONES WHEN IT WORKS

Cons

EXTREMELY SLOW TO LOAD AND REPOND ON ALL OUR PHONES HERE. EASY TO FORGET TO PUNCH IN AND OUT

Elizabeth

New User- Some navigation difficulties

I have only been using this software for about a week and only use it to clock in and out of work. Overall my experience has been positive.

Pros

I like how easy it is to clock in and out of work using this software. The punch card page itself is great and easy to use

Cons

While keeping in mind, that I have only been using Honeybeebase for a little over a week I find it difficult to navigate. I have had some difficulty locating a record of my time clock and navigating back to the punch card page.

Cain

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

Mobile time clock

Pros

Having a mobile time clock is very useful in our industry.

Cons

Some of the click throughs are not user friendly

Regina

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

My use of Honeybeebase

Great at calculating the hours of each employee which I had to do manually

Pros

The ability to check the hours of each employee and adjust the time if I felt it was not correct. The software eliminated the time each month to calculate the hours for each employee

Cons

It is difficult to make changes to a person's hours if they forgot to sign off

Derek

Great app

Good

Pros

Ease of use on a daily basis very useful

Cons

Sometimes it glitches and have to wait to clock in

Joaquin
Joaquin
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

A very complete application for resource and time management

It is a very useful application that helps any company that has the software with its management of time, resources, and even employees, it offers a wide range of tools that help this management in many ways.

Pros

An advantage of HoneyBee is that it is easy to use for companies of any sector and size, it contains many tools that help with time and resource management

Cons

In my personal experience it was a little confusing at the beginning, because it feels like the interface is not intuitive and does not help with the use of the program, it takes a little getting used to at the beginning.

Regina
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Why I don't care for HoneybeeBase

I miss our old system where I could tell when my coworkers where out of the office or easily tell how many hours I'd work or how many vacation days I had left and didn't mysteriously malfunction so it looks like I worked all night or never returned from my lunch break. Now I don't even like bees.

Pros

I am straining to find anything I enjoy about HoneybeeBase except for bees. I like bees.

Cons

This software is cumbersome and frequently logs me out or in.

Bill

Reviewed on 13/3/2019

System freezesup

not good so far

Pros

nothing so far seems to waste of 1s and 0s

Cons

freezes and slow does response well to commands

Response from honeybeeBase

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with slow run times and freezing Bill. Because our service is web-based, typically issues like this can be caused by the internet connection you are using to run the program. We would be happy to help you with any troubleshooting you might need. You can contact us at [email protected]

Replied 3/4/2019