ResMan Reviews

About ResMan

ResMan simplifies multifamily and affordable property management. Automate finances seamlessly with advanced AR and transparent audit trails. Engage prospects efficiently through centralized leads and real-time SMS communication...

Browse ResMan Reviews

Amy
Amy

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

ResMan is Awesome

On Facebook there is a group called Apartment Management and Maintenance Support Group. Every month there is someone asking which software package we recommend. I always throw out ResMan. It's inexpensive, but still a quality product. I've also recommended it to my personal HOA, where I sit on the board. I really believe in ResMan, its support, its reports, and the overall product.

Pros

I have used Yardi, Appfolio, Quickbooks and ResMan throughout my career. ResMan by far is the easiest to manipulate. It's a new product, and I like that the owners are willing to listen to suggestions and improvements. It has met my needs for everything property management has to offer.

Cons

Just small little items. For instance, on the lease expiration report, why would I ever want to mark former residents? It's set to default.

Jaqueline

Reviewed on 20/3/2020

I Absolutely Love Resman

I think Resman is the best product available, compared to all the databases out there you outshine the all categories. The price point is perfect, except when you perform rate increases, upon renewal time. These increases, can take away from all the greatness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and customize. Admin access is the absolute best, if I ever get stuck i simply pull up the resman help link and type in my concern, and boom, I can figure it out.

Cons

I wish set up was quicker. If a devoted team got it all done day ONE /TWO omg that was would be amazing. I get it takes time, but maybe it could be done.

Yardi Voyager

Reasons for Choosing ResMan

It was years ago, that we switch from OnSite. Resman was referred to us by a friend and they spoke highly about the features and the price point.

Reasons for Switching to ResMan

1. Price 2. Features 3. Integration Partners 4. Customer Service
Greg

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Resman has a long way to go before it is a good system.

Pros

At this point, I don't find much of resman to be functional other than rental payments.

Cons

I moved for the affordable features and none of them are working as planned. I run a section 8 property and I wanted a better setup than my other software, which is outdated. For some reason, it appears that I am the first affordable customer, as I run into endless bugs and issues that clearly should have been fixed previously.

The software is calculating inappropriate tenant rent and nobody at support can tell me why. My old software has no problem with this calculation. Resman can't get it correct.

One of my certifications was not accepted because the default income codes in Resman are incorrect. Nobody including support can figure out the correct TRACS income codes. This is something onboarding completed missed.

When an applicant applies to a unit, they are locked into that unit and can't be moved because while they are only an applicant and haven't moved in, Resman thought it was a good idea from a compliance standpoint to keep you from moving the unit. This is insane. You need to be able to move someone freely between units.

Resman uses DocuSign for signing documents, which is great. However, the default DocuSign signature fields were in the wrong place on my certification. How is this the default template? This should have been working from day 1!

The template letters, which the sales team used as a way to get me interested in the product all have typos and other errors in them. You can't just use what is in the system.

The UI is not modern. It does not rescale on different size monitors, making a large screen monitor pointless. There is no mobile app for landlords and management. This is 2023, every software should have a mobile app. This software does not work well on a mobile browser, as it doesn't change to a mobile layout.

I have been on this software not even a month and I wish I never switched. It takes 99% of my day and all I do is fix errors, find problems, and send them to support, who is unable to provide answers or fix anything.

Top ResMan Alternatives

Quickbooks Online

AppFolio Investment Manager

Monica

Reviewed on 3/11/2023

Resman Queen

Pros

I love that Resman is user friendly. It has been a breeze to use the system after being o Realpage for 15+ years.

Cons

I'd love to see more bulk functions that are able to be used.

Response from ResMan

Hello Monica, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform is user-friendly and helps you to be successful in your role moving from an alternative solution. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback regarding bulk functions with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Krissy

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

ResMan- Leading Software for Property Manager

We use Resman as our Property Management software for our community of 282 apartments. It has been an amazing software to use so far, and myself and the team are very impressed with it.

Pros

The best part about ResMan is how user friendly it is. It was quick to learn and easy to communicate with residents. It also has an excellent, clean interface. It looks much more advanced than other property management software I've used prior.

Cons

I feel like this software isn't easy to pull specific reports. It could just be a training issue, but some reports I used to be able to access immediately are more difficult to find.

Response from ResMan

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We work very hard to make sure our property management platform is built with ease-of-use in mind.

Regarding pulling reports, we recently launched an all-new support portal, here you can access hundreds of knowledge articles and familiarize yourself with reporting functions in our platform. You can also chat live with a support agent during operating hours if you ever need some additional help pulling reports.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Aaron Trujillo Sr. Digital Marketing Manager

Replied 8/10/2019
Alyssalyn

Reviewed on 5/9/2023

Monterey at Beach - Review

I am in LOVE with ResMan. I would be devastated to move to another software. Even with the simple glitches its still a 10/10 for our property.

Pros

I love how easy you can access everything you might use all in 1 place. It's easy for every level that you come in on and it's so versatile whether I am using it under COA or LLC

Cons

There are only a few glitches with ResMan, but the good far outweighs the bad. 1) Applications process, some time it glitches in the last couple of steps and we end up having to move to a paper app. 2) I would love if there is a way to remove charges out of the original delinquency list of just delinquent rent.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for providing your feedback using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that the solution is versatile and helps you in your role. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve your experiences in the future. We appreciate the kind words and thank you again for sharing with us!

Mollie

Reviewed on 13/8/2020

Leading Management Software

From the initial implementation of my first property 7 years ago, to my most recent, ResMan works along side you and your team, keeping everyone on track to ensure the property is set up properly. We truly value this software, and highly recommend it to other management companies.

Pros

Having worked with other software, such as Yardi & OneSite, I am a firm believer that the very best software for the multi-family industry is ResMan! ResMan is extremely user friendly, easy to navigate, and the flow makes sense! The financial reports are excellent and meet the needs of my owners.

Cons

Overall, my experience has been very positive and I cannot think of a negative.

Karina
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/3/2020

Honest Review from Township Apts

I have been using Resman for over 4 years and it has changed so many things for us on the operations of our property. It is so user friendly and training for new members has been an easier process.

Pros

The ease of using the software make our daily operations easier. The search bar is one of my favorite buttons, as well as being able to correct mistakes easily on ledgers.

Cons

What i like the least, is that many times the is really slow to load, especially towards the end of the business day.

Response from ResMan

Karina,

Thank you for your honest feedback. The quick search function is a lifesaver and we are glad to hear it is a favorite of yours.

Thanks Again,

Aaron Trujillo
ResMan | Marketing Director

Replied 19/3/2020
Travonta

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Want simple?

Pros

simple, easy, user friendly, budget friendly, etc.

Cons

I realldy dont have any cons at the moment to talk about.

Response from ResMan

Hello Travonta, thank you for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insight with us! We hope to keep delivering value for our users in the future. Have a great day!

Wendy
Wendy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Basic Information

Is good overall. But really dislike certain ways for Move out reconciliation and Pre-closing ways.

Pros

I love the texting option, the Bulk Sending messages and e-mails.

Cons

It seems pretty easy but once you are doing pre-closing - or changing period "DATES" if not enter currently- makes it difficult without you knowing and you're trying to figure out reasons. Also, move out reconciliations when you print out a new one instead of searching through the dead files, it gives you the date as of the date you print it and it enters your name , even if its a Reconciliation from 2 years ago with another Manager. I really do not like this, it should have original Final Statement. Plus, let you reverse your mistakes so you can start over. Is like Resman makes you do what Resman thinks is best. So , it's a little annoying. ( I hope I made sense).

Amber
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Resman Software

I use ResMan daily and overall it has been very helpful and easy to use. The customer support has been very helpful, and if I have had any questions or needed any help navigating the site, their customer support team have been great. I tend to use the chat option, and have always been able to get detailed instruction on how to solve any questions or issues I may have run into.

Pros

The ease of scanning invoices and paying them is a major plus. The ability to have the invoice stored in the system so if needed I can go to the vendor and view without having to search through my paper files is extremely helpful.

Cons

I do not like that when I post charges on the 25th of the month, and if for some reason need to change that charge or if it was posted in error, I cannot make the change until the 1st of the month. The wait list option in ResMan is of no use to me due to the fact that you cannot input a charge, we do a paid wait list. In order to post a charge and payment I have to input them as an Applicant.

Cris

Reviewed on 7/6/2019

Great Full-Featur Program and Easy to Learn/Use

With managing almost 350 units, we were swimming in Work Order and Maintenance information that was hard to keep track of. ResMan has removed that burden and everything is within reach for accounting, maintenance, property managers and Administrators.

We are adding several hundred units to our Management Company over the next 12 months and we know that implementation will go well.

Pros

We came to ResMan from using QuickBooks only and keeping all our property Management in files, on our server in electronic format and/or lists and lists and files of Maintenance records.

We loved how easy Implementation went, and how, like QuickBooks, you can drill down to the details in ResMan. We now have all of our property management documentation in one place from Tenant files to Maintenance to Affordable Housing reporting information. Each time we contact support for assistance, the response is quick and very effective.

Cons

We still have not "cracked the nut" with the Tax Credits Compliance Reporting seamlessly working with our Nebraska Housing Finance agency. We are doing the Compliance Online with our funding agency manually until we can get back to working with Support and our Funding Agency to get this reporting in the format we need.

We know we can find a solution but our Management Company is growing so fast right now, we are tackling getting our new units into ResMan and then will get back to solving the Tax Credit Compliance reporting piece.

Response from ResMan

Cris, thanks for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. You're right that compliance is a tough nut to crack but we are working at top speed to increase the innovation lead we enjoy in affordable. Our design philosophy is to provide a platform that helps businesses like yours grow. We're thrilled to be part of your growth journey!

Dennis Behrman | SVP of Marketing

Replied 10/6/2019
Michelle

Reviewed on 28/3/2023

Resman User Friendly - I Love It

Overall, Resman is the best bang for the buck, user friendly, two clicks and I have what I need. You can follow any transaction back to it's beginning OR check tenant accounts for proper postings. You can navigate very easy and account for everything from Purchase Orders to Closing Reports. An overall joy to use.

Pros

I like Resman because I only have to make 2 clicks and I'm viewing whatever I need to do my job. I have worked with other software and I still can't find a specific report without help. The bad part is that somebody told all the property management companies in my area that the others are better and now we can't find many that use Resman. PLEASE GET MARKETING BACK UP TO SELL THIS SOFTWARE. We need this in commercial too.

Cons

Customer service used to be better and instant, now it takes a couple of days to get a representative to reply BUT I still love Resman.

Response from ResMan

Thank you for your kind words about ResMan! We appreciate your feedback and are always continually working to improve the overall experience of our partners and users. Your support means a lot, and we're committed to serving you now and in the future!

Norma

Reviewed on 13/9/2023

Remsan

I have been using Resman the past 2 1/2 years and love fit.

Pros

I have been in the business since 2005 and by far Resman is the most user-friendly software I have ever used.

Cons

In using resman the past few years I have not ran into any issues that I can think of at this monent

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so happy to hear that our solution is the most user-friendly software you've used! We appreciate those kind words as our goal is to hopefully allow teams to put more focus on their residents and the community, instead of worrying about any issues with their software. That's the goal! Thank you again for sharing with us!

Anc

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

ResMan is like no other software

I personally love ResMan because it has allowed me to increase efficiency and accuracy. I think it has saved the company a significant amount of money because without ResMan we would have had to hire many more people to complete the tasks that now are performed by two.

Pros

ResMan is designed to save you time and make sure that your entries are correct. I love that there is more than one way to complete an action (for example, to record an invoice you can click on the Invoice link on the bottom menu, or go to invoices from the top menu), and that there are checks in place that do not allow to save a transaction unless every cell has been completed correctly. I also like how customizable the system is by allowing you to create different permissions for each user, different permissions and custom settings for each property, and different reports based on personal/company preferences. Before we switched to ResMan, we had different softwares to track the different activities pertaining to managing properties, but now everything is in one place and it is so much more convenient and time efficient.

Cons

There was only one element that I did not like about ResMan and that was when every report displayed the ResMan logo in bright blue. The issue was addressed and the logo was removed within a short time.

Chelsea
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 15/9/2023

A walk in the park.....

Honestly, better than any other Property Management software I've ever used.

Pros

Resman is Constantly updating their software, fixing "bugs", and the help page is an amazing asset that i'm constantly using.

Cons

When creating a new Templet for the residents which includes Emails form and Text form, there is a 160-letter MAX allowed and it's very frustrating to me.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so excited to hear that our solution is "a walk in the park" so to say, and that the knowledge center enables you to be the best in your role you can be! :) That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. Thank you again for sharing with us!

Heather

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

My Resman Experience

Overall I've been very pleased with Resman.

Pros

I think just the overall fact that it's user friendly.

Cons

When the system updates roll out and it causes clitches in the system.

Response from ResMan

Hello Heather, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform is user-friendly and helps you to be successful in your role. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Crystle

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Management

like it

Pros

Ease of use and everything is easy to find when looking

Cons

Slow when everyone is on and the screen just sits there and loads

Response from ResMan

Hello Crystle, thank you so much for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're happy to hear that it is user-friendly and you can find what you need easily. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Sandra

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

Resman

Pros

Easy functions with delinquent reports and board Page is very easy to keep track of delinquecy and propery daily task.

Cons

Need for training videos available . Contacting help is sometimes a pain.

Response from ResMan

Hello Sandra, thank you so much for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We're happy to hear that our delinquency reporting and BoardRoom functionality help you in your day-to-day operations. I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

Malikah

Reviewed on 3/11/2023

LOVE IT!

Pros

I like that it user friendly. Very easy to navigate

Cons

There are no issued that i have when I use the system.

Response from ResMan

Hello Malikah, thank you so much for taking the time to review ResMan. We're glad to hear the platform is user-friendly and easy to navigate to help you be successful in your role. Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Have a fantastic day!

william

Reviewed on 1/9/2023

Best of the Best

Like I stated earlier I have used a lot of different software and Resman is my Favorite!!

Pros

It is user friendly software. I taught myself how to use Resman. I have been on 3 or 4 other software's before. From MIA to several Versions of Yardi, To OneSite. Resman has my vote hands down. I am in no way a computer whiz. But with Resman, it gives me confidence I can do my Job to the best of my ability.

Cons

The thing I dislike the most if I have to pick something is to me when I am using the text feature trying to go back and see what you have texted is a challenge clicking the mouse just so in the right place.

Response from ResMan

Thank you so much for sharing your experience using ResMan! We're so glad that our solution allows you to put your focus on your residents and the community, instead of issues with your software. That's the goal! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve experiences in the future. Thank you again for sharing!

Kim

Reviewed on 4/8/2020

Resman is a great product!

Highly recommend to anyone!

Pros

I absolutely love this software! I've been in the Multi-family Industry for over 20 years and have tried so many different programs. Resman is easy to use- Navigation is a breeze. Use of short cuts really saves time. I love the ability to have short cut links to the reports I print most often. I can look at my Dashboard and in minutes know everything from Occupancy to Renewals and Maintenance trends. Training and support are easy to understand and they get things resolved quickly. I love the ability to post delinquency notes on multiple apartments on the dash board in minutes. Messaging/Emailing Residents has never been easier! If I had the opportunity, I would love to go to more Resman Trainings. The great thing is, I continue to find more ways to be productive with the ease of Resman.

Cons

Sometimes runs a little slow. (Honestly could be my internet). Wish you could link to the apartment when you are on the dashboard of delinquency notes. (Quick link) Wish the texting platform told you not only the name, but also the apartment number.

Betsy
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 19/9/2023

Navigating the Dashboard System

We are able to do online payments, customize property specific reports and monitor progress of recertifications with audit tools for efficiency.

Pros

The Dashboard system helps you to navigate your residents accounts, properties and accounting portfolios in an easy to use your choice custom format for daily work use.

Cons

There are many sections of the process to navigate through that takes time to coordinate step by step processing. The "help" system is convenient to use with this concern and the on-call support representatives are very helpful.

Response from ResMan

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us using ResMan! It's fantastic to hear that you find it user-friendly and customizable. Your positive comments about our support system and the efficiency in reporting and compliance readiness are valued. Our goal is to enable our user to be the best in their role they can be, and we hope to continue to deliver on that! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve future experiences. Thank you again for sharing with us!

Amanda
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Resman review

I have been using Resman for 3 years and it is easy and quick to use and learn.

Pros

I like how simple and easy this system is to use. Every time I have called customer service I have had my questions answered.

Cons

I wish there was a way that I could text my residents. Everyone including prospects have asked me to text them for one thing or another and I cannot. Please find a way for us to change this.

Response from ResMan

Amanda,

I'm so sorry if there's confusion, but SMS / texting is currently an important and widely-enjoyed feature of ResMan Essentials. You can send individual or bulk emails and texts and your residents can respond to them. In the main menu at the top of the screen, click "Tools," then look under "Communication" and you should see these great features. (If not, please contact support!)

Another great part of our resident communication feature is that your software has a built-in communication log so that you can track who communicated, when communication was sent, and how you communicated.

--Dennis Behrman, SVP of Marketing | [email protected]

Replied 17/10/2018
Kathleen

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Pros and Cons

I like the integration of Bluemoon and Apptex, but it is difficult to get assistance with Apptex. I also feel there could be better training with integrated partners. Ex. how to have bluemoon create a lease through Resman or how to see nsf notices through Resman.

Pros

I love the text feature esp. bulk texts. It make it very simple for me to get a message out to my residents quickly.

Cons

I feel like the notes for delinquency and prepaids are in a strange spot and could be better placed in the system.

Response from ResMan

Hello Kathleen, thank you for taking the time to review the ResMan platform. We appreciate you sharing your experience and insights with us! I'll be sure to share your additional feedback with the team to help improve the experience in the future. Have a great day!