About Adobe Learning Manager

Adobe Learning Manager an award-winning cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that addresses personalized learning experiences at scale for customers, partners and employees alike. Learning Manager is a headless learning...

4.1

Browse Adobe Learning Manager Reviews

Seth
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 12/1/2022

The complete package

As a instructional designer for going on 15 years, I've seen e-learning products come and go. Captivate has been a staple on my computer since the start. I use it daily.

Pros

The prebuilt learning templates are easy to use and dynamic. The video conferencing is, as always, easy to yet and extremely reliable. I also really like the PPT integration feature. For my less tech-savy faculty members, this has proven be a very teaching asset.

Cons

The new virtual reality feature isn't quite there in my opinion. I fully believe is the future of online learning and Captivate is going to be one of the leaders in the field. But many users actual hardware isn't quite ready to keep up with this feature.

Articulate 360
Carolyne
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/4/2020

TQR - Review

Overall I think it's a good program, there are a few things that are missing but overall we are satisfied with the quality and usability.

Pros

It's easy to use. You're able to upload a wide range of documents to make it custom for learning.

Cons

There are some features that are missing that would benefit us... for example, setting a time limit on a course or building a quiz in the program rather than having to out source it. Ultimately, the more things you can host yourselves would be best in terms of ease of use as well as the ability to protect costs.

Kajabi

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Learning Manager

It was difficult and confusing to use, the language of the program was different. Overall it lacked user friendly-ness.

Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

Much cheaper and easier to use.
Hannah
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 2/3/2019

Captivate - the reason we don't have a training department anymore. Endlessly buggy w/ rude...

We no longer have a training division, because of Adobe Captivate & Adobe Captivate Prime. If you don't have an enterprise license, their support team has no interest in helping you. It takes a huge amount of evidence to convince the support team that your bug or complaint is valid, they insist on blaming you or the user. Everytime one bug was solved, another one appeared.

When we realized that Captivate was more embarrassing than helpful, we had to close our training division. We didn't have the financial or time resources to re-build all of our training module on a new platform. While we used Captivate, it caused so many of our students to be angry at us. We had to give many refunds. Most importantly, it damaged our reputation.

Pros

The most basic level functionality is pretty simple to understand.

Cons

We built our entire curriculum on Adobe Captivate (100s of files). When we used Moodle as our LMS, we often had problems. For example, the user needing to enable pop-ups and unsafe scripts, the files freezing, and a student watching the entire lesson and then not having it register as completed.

We assumed that Moodle was the problem. So, we moved our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime (which required considerable time and effort).

To our dismay, the problems did not improve. If anything, they got worse.

There are many things I could talk about, but the worst was the support. They were so unwilling to admit fault. A specific example of this is when they had a bug with the radio buttons in Captivate quizzes. The first several times I tried to contact support about the problem, they blamed the problem on the users. Only after I'd sent them several user complaints, screenshots, and videos did they start to listen. Even then, it took me being very assertive to get them to admit that the problem was on their end (& would take months to fix).

Other issues: I couldn't manually mark buggy lessons as complete for students. Students had to enable "unsafe scripts." Many problems were unrepeatable - a students would send me a screenshot of a problem. I'd wouldn't be able to re-create. They they'd try again later and it would work.

Because all of our lessons were built in Captivate & even Adobe's solution couldn't play them, we closed our training department.

Top Adobe Learning Manager Alternatives

Soleiraz

Reviewed on 6/10/2022

Adobe Learning Manager, for my students

In the case of evaluations or approval of courses and contents, the passing grade is usually lost, which must be corrected.

Pros

This service is very functional, it is easy to reach him and my students, he fulfills the evaluation work for the students.

Ali

Reviewed on 20/4/2020

Best SCORM Training Creation Software

Very positive

Pros

The software does everything you can imagine when it comes to creating SCORM training and testing it. It's cross software support with other Adobe products is a big plus point as well.

Cons

It has certain shortcomings when it comes to dealing with languages such as Arabic. It lacks support for languages and display issues for characters that are right to left. Plus there are language character related bugs that stop user from exporting training and make it go into an infinite loading loop.

Mihaela
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 18/9/2019

Trial run of captivate prime

I am using Adobe Connect. I feel Adobe Connect does not offer me the tools for everything I need. I am looking for an alternative that I can use for my online classes.

Pros

Very easy to use and user friendly for both me and the students. I liked that I could use this product to post notes, video lectures and everything that I need into just one place

Cons

The only thing I did not like is the cost that is rather high

Adobe Connect

Adobe Connect

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

I wanted to choose Adobe Captivate Prime but my university does not subscribe to this product
William

Reviewed on 20/4/2020

Good trial but expensive

Excellent LMS

Pros

Pretty well organized , attractive , easy to use , a lot of tools , many connections

Cons

Very expensive , we can’t afford it , I am a teacher trying to offer to my university an lms , but I know they would pay all that money

Richard
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/1/2019

Improving

We offer outside contractor and visitor training to our clients. This platform has served us well.

Pros

I understand the difficulty in creating a single LMS that will satisfy everyone. We all have very different needs. There is steady, albeit slow, improvement in functionality and features. The options to have different domains and the ability to share content between domains is a nice feature. Much easier to navigate and set up than other LMSs I have used. Customer support has been very responsive.

Cons

The requirement for an email address to log in. I serve a clientele that is not tech savvy and many do not have an email address(I know hard to believe in 2019, but true). You can use a fake email but then the ability to recover your password does not exist. The lack of password control by administrators can be problematic. My usage is external. Many people logging in from all over the country. If they have a password issue I can not help them. The placement of a cookie on your system every time you log in. If the learner does not use the "Sign Out" option and just closes the browser it makes it impossible for another to log in until that cookie is cleared. This is an issue with clients who use the same computer for many users.

Nitin

Reviewed on 29/5/2022

Easy to use LMS platform for startup and medium organisation to manage employee courses

Overall, captivate is a brilliant tool that helped me learn so many courses with fun. I don't have to go somewhere else, I have found all my courses in one place. I would like to suggest some improvements in test attempts failures and due to application crashes. It's really easy tool with good UI for beginners or startups.

Pros

I have been introduced to this platform from my recent organization to learn new verticals. I loved their vast collection of courses and assessment mechanisms. Furthermore, I need to pass the test to show my understanding of the course. Until I get passed in that exam, I cannot attempt for other part of course.

Also, I liked the way the dashboard is arranged so that you can see a graphical view of your learning progress. I can also see leaderboard where other employees taking same courses.

Cons

Most of the time captivate crashes in between taking video courses, this frustrates me. I have even observed that if you're attempting a test and toll crashes then it consider as failed attempt.

I would like to have more than 3 attempts to pass an exam, or there should be some provisions regarding this.

Joy
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 6/11/2022

Great software

Pros

The mobile learning and course tracking features are most helpful.

Cons

I really enjoy this product much like others from Adobe.

Alisa

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

Good product, except for the customer support

Pros

Simple and clean look, the main features work well, overall good feeling about the product.

Cons

Everything is great until you face a problem. Then you will struggle with the customer support, which is all outsourced and responds to emails after two days at best. After it does, if you had a simple problem, it will be solved. If it's not that common, you will struggle for weeks until someone figures out what was wrong.

The second thing is their certifications. You can't upload your own certificate through your admin profile. You need to contact support over and over and they will ask you to create a template in HTML, and then it will not work for no reason, and you can't test and fix it yourself. Seems like this feature just doesn't work, and you can't provide your learners with a printable certificate, only a badge in their profile.

External groups are completely separated from the internal ones, so it's much easier to use the system for your employees than for your customers.

BRIDGE

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Learning Manager

Outdated look, limited reporting feature.

Accord LMS

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

Pushy selling strategy of Bridge.
Sascha

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

Its simple and it works

One of the best features of using captivate prime, is that you can get going with a fully fletched LMS within 24 hours - fully branded and organised! ...and the pricing model is fair compared to common competition.

Pros

Captivate Prime is an out-of-the-box LMS. It has all standard features needed for an effective and fun learning environment including gamification elements such as leaders boards, badges and general points. The interface is both, intuitive for the user and the administrator and can easily be customized to your personal preferences and access rights. The hosting of content is open to all types of SCORM compliant content, but also simple text files, graphics and videos. The structuring of programs can be done according to a single file system as well as clustered items in a program structure. One of the key performance tools is the mobile app provided. The app gives you the full spectrum of the desktop version, including an offline capability.

Cons

If you purchase this LMS via a volume license program (rather then buying a few licenses with credit card online), then it is recommended to find a local ADOBE certified dealer. The customer service team in (I believe ) India, is friendly, but very slow in the response and it takes several attempts to get things done. Therefore, using a local certified dealer and letting them deal with the headquarter, does not necessarily speed things up, but it does save you a lot of time.

Mercury

Reviewed on 15/1/2019

A Very Practical LMS

My overall experience with Adobe Captivate Prime was exceptional, that is in the case of developing and publishing courses. My challenge was trying to provide adult learners with a nontraditional approach via online/hybrid that would most effectively increase their attention and learning.

Pros

After exploring a number of LMS's, I found that Adobe Captivate Prime was very practical. If you so happen to be using Adobe Captivate you'll find it very easy to publish your work. In addition, the tabs are clearly identified with all of the functions clearly presentable. Moreover, the LMS was fairly easy to use especially considering the accessible help prompts and tutorials.

Cons

While I loved the flow and crystal layout, I found it to be too boxed in for the clients I was trying to reach. In other words, I needed a bit more engagement and interactivity beyond the software; I desired to engage my trainees in collaborating beyond simple discussion boards and games. I wanted to provide real life experiences that incorporated social media outside of the software. So, while I loved the simplicity and structure, I desired professional coaches and mentors to supplement my trainees with real time experiences.

• Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

A modern LMS with some standout features

Pros

Easy set up and smart rules
There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that LMS administrators would usually take setting people up.

Offline Content
ACP seem to have done this better than any other LMS I have trialled. The ability to download all course content and use the system offline, while still experiencing the system as if offline, is a superior offering from ACP.

Publishing from Adobe Captivate
We already use Captivate to create our eLearinng content and publish our SCORM compliant training packages. Having a system that allows us to publish quickly and easily from our eLearning authoring program to our LMS saves time.

Instructor role
One unique part of ACP is having a dedicated instructor role which allows training instructors to log in and manage all of their training activities. Other LMS’s have this but tend to be quite complex. The way a user experiences this in ACP is simple and easy to use.

Cons

The software is a little pricier than other LMS's out there on the market.

Maxwell
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 25/8/2018

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS review

It is a modern LMS with great features, reduces set up/course upload and deployment time and takes off much of the burden of tracking and user engagement from the content owner.

Pros

The market for LMSs is consistently on the increase, with evolving needs based on the end user and other factors in between. Most platforms have evolved but this is especially true with the UX experience for Adobe Captivate Prime. I find that captivate prime has most of the current market standard features plus more. From features such as setting learning paths for students to others such as reporting, gamification and user tracking etc.
I found the set up easy enough, even as a new admin user and was able to load content within a few minutes. I was especially impressed with the simple interface that reduced the platform learning curve for me and the course set up/deployment time.
I think the option to break down a course content upload to three sections (core modules, prework modules, and testout) is a great feature. Although a little more work, this would improve tracking and provide more detailed usage data/student interaction with the modules.
I also liked that it has gamification elements available for use for individual or group learning.
On the pricing module, I like the flexibility to add and remove users on a monthly basis, which is ideal for selling subscription-based courses.

Cons

I would like to see a pricing module targeted at educational institutions as there currently doesn’t seem to be one. It is unfortunate that it seems only targeted at corporate institutions at this point.

Vikas
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 1/2/2021

Great learning management tool

Pros

The best thing that I like about Captivate Prime is that it has got webcam feature which lets you connect with your learners effectively. Even if you don't know much about technology or you are new to it, you can still do wonders with the capabilites of Captivate Prime. You can add your voice to your presentations really easily and create impressive learning modules on Captivate.

Cons

Captivate Prime has been there in the market for long and it has evolved a lot. So, there is nothing that I don't like about Capitvate Prime. It will be really great if they can lower the price a bit.

Brynette

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Great product for on line training

Due to healthcare we cannot always have people attend classroom training. This product allows us the chance to train someone while giving them the chance to have hands on practice. It enhances the adult learning programs we have in place.

Pros

This product is interactive allowing the end user to simulate the software. The recording function is easy to use. Edits are simple.

Cons

Difficulty using the function of setting up a menu that needs to be in order and making the end user go through modules in order. The check mark and X functionality.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

Adobe Products Are The Industry Standard

We are teaching more people about our platform!

Pros

I love the ease of use and intuitive design of Adobe Products. There is obviously a lot of thought that goes into the platforms and that REAL users are helping with design and functionality.

Cons

The pricing is the only con - I hope that Adobe will make a conscious effort to make their products available for more income levels. Especially new businesses starting out because cost is everything.

Joe
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

The easiest, quickest LMS I've ever used

Pros

1. In less than two hours, I had set up Captivate Prime. I had no hassles or problems.
2. The menus and options are easy to understand and look modern.
3. Despite the ease of use, I can do just about anything I'd want an LMS to do with Prime.
4. I can set up user roles and permissions at six different levels, including Learner.
5. I can set up external users, those outside my organization, and send them all a link to let them set up their own login and password, saving me a lot of time and ensuring greater security.
6. Prime lets me set up sets of skills for learners to achieve and tie them to learning objectives.
7. I can upload courses, videos, PowerPoint, PDF files and more and they show nicely using Prime's Fluidic Player.
8. There's a free app to use Prime on mobile devices.
9. The Reports that Prime generates out of the box are very nice, and I can also create my own.
10. There are gamification and branding options too.

Cons

It would be nice if Adobe offered trials longer than 30 days for those who want to try out the product because it can take a while to really put it through its paces.

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Best tool for simulation

Good experience while developing the modules of various types with non responsive settings good animation and pure HTML output. If else programming makes difficult action in to simpler.

Pros

It is the best tool for simulation and responsive design for specific devices. I use it for development of e-learning modules

Cons

It has complicated programming as compared to other e-learning tool available in market

Reviewed on 11/9/2019

Abobe - The epitome of quality

It was a bit of a challenge getting to know the finer details of the setup, but once that was done, it was an absolute pleasure.

Pros

The speed at which I can produce training material.

Cons

A few features or settings that are not easy to understand or use.

Maireanu
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 18/8/2018

Good integration and standards

Pros

Accessibility: It's easy to access on the mobile and tablet using the app, It has good browser support. Its SaaS and cloud based so that is a huge advantage. Offline access is another plus.
Interface: It’s modern and very intuitive, The single fluidic player for videos, docs and other content is a big plus.
Customization: The courses and content can be easily created and customized. It allows branding and color themes too.
Integration & Admin: It’s good that its SCORM and xAPI compliant and integration with external applications is good. FTP connections is a plus. Quick to publish as well.

Cons

Would be nice if it has internal conferencing integration instead of external integrations.
Would have been nice to have more video tutorials on how to use the platform for different roles.

Tarek
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 17/8/2018

A great LMS

Captivate prime is a cloud based learning management system. This is known as web-hosting or Saas (Software as a Service) and for me is a positive feature. Generally SaaS is convenient for many companies to work with. Adobe in general has quite complex software so I expected the use of this LMS to be rather complex as well, however it seemed pleasantly seamless.

Pros

My main interest was simple integration with Adobe Captivate. Indeed, the 2017 release of Adobe Captivate provided excellent integration with Captivate Prime LMS. Discounts are offered after the 500 user mark. Many vendors only offer discounts after 1000 user mark. This was a great plus. Also Captivate Prime works with Tin Can, which is critical. It was easy to use and reporting was clear.

Cons

There is a lot of competition out there. It would have been nice if there was e-commerce.

Janet

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

An excellent tool for beginning to learn

I like being able to share learning materials with my colleagues in the e-learning industry. The interaction on this platform is fantastic because we can share our knowledge, form opinions, and rate learning materials to set a good example for other readers.

Pros

The user interface is simple and easy to use and allows you to easily compare grades and see which students have completed what course.

Cons

A daily or regular learning alert system can be extremely beneficial. As an advantage, a notification system and access to multiple courses and classes can be added. The outlook, as well as the ability to see what is going on, could be improved and made more modern.

-The pricing appears to be out of reach for the majority of SMEs, and the tool appears to be geared toward larger enterprise types rather than SMEs.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/5/2019

Brilliant but needs some work on navigation

I think Captivate is an amazing but there are enhances that could be made to make the adoption for new users better.

Pros

I love that the software gave me this ability to really design the most interactive and sometimes out of the box e-learning courses. I was able to use a multitude of different approaches to really get my learners to into the swing of the content that they were completing. I would love to see more multimedia tool being incorporated into the overall suite rather than separate sales.

Cons

The adoption of this software was not easy. I had to spend some time doing research and getting my head around all the settings that needed to be changed or steps that need to be taken to get the course exactly how I wanted it. There was no easy way to cross check my content with other inputers unless they were an Captivate user and even then they would need to give feedback via a document. The review process could have been made better much how Articulate is doing all online. I also believe that a template library would be incredibly useful to ensure that company CI is easy to follow.