About Workday Financial Management

Workday Financial Management is a single cloud-based solution that assists global businesses of all sizes in a variety of industry verticals with financial planning, analysis and transactions. Workday delivers user and administrat...

Browse Workday Financial Management Reviews

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

Workday for Office Life

We love workday. It is so simple and really streamlines the work process between employees and employers.

Pros

I enjoy that all of our employees use workday and it makes it very simple to approve their time, as opposed to having to check time cards or check into another account. You can do everything from Workday, enter your time, ask for time off, track employees time, send employee messages, check your pay stubs, see your benefits, and lots more.

Cons

I don' think there are really any cons! It is very simple to use, and is easy to access from a phone as well.

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Workday Financials Review

Pretty good, however the points addressed as dislikes should be addressed as it would make workday more robust

Pros

What I like is the reporting options available in the financials model. It allows us to reconcile grant spending within the award management team along with the depts as all data points are in Workday. Users with the report Writer role are able to construct their own reports and schedule output for specific users as needed. Everything from award creation to sponsor billing can be done from one system.

Cons

There are constraints regarding billing for sponsors on grants for expenses posting outside of award line dates if the company is using a different system for timekeeping. There are also no award or grant compliance checks in workday leaving compliance auditing at risk

Rachel S.

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Workday Review

I use workday to keep track of all my important company information. Overall I would say it's a good platform, but it needs some updating to make it more user friendly. Epically the time and absence widgets. I'm not a huge fan of how this program functions.

Pros

I like being able to access my personal information, my performance, my time, my benefits, etc. all in one location.

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to track my time. We have a lock out every week and it is difficult to keep track of the hours I work. I usually have to write them down on a sticky note and transfer them back in once the lock out is over. Very inconvenient. I also don't like how I have to go to a different screen to include my absences like PTO or Maternity leave. It's been somewhat of a mess trying to keep track of al my hours and benefits.

Top Workday Financial Management Alternatives

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

User friendly interface

Workday Financials gave us much needed reporting capabilities that we weren't getting from other software. The fact that it integrates with our HRM system makes it easier to drill into certain data sets. Adding attachments to invoices and journal entries has essentially turned us into a paperless office.

Pros

Workday Financials is user friendly and has some great reporting capabilities. The interface looks fresh and it's easy to navigate. Each new release adds additional utility. The Workday Community is a great tool to post ideas and get real world advice from other companies experiencing the same issues.

Cons

Workday runs slow sometimes, especially on days when we're loading payroll and there's a lot of data going through the system. Sometimes Workday gives cryptic and seemingly random error messages.

Reviewed on 13/4/2018

Excellent, I can have all the analysis of my management in a single financial management...

Allows me to register new levels of financial efficiency and business performance with Workday accounting software, I could quickly respond to anomalies as they happen with reports and in-memory accounting, I could manage all activity with configurable business processes. A great benefit is that I have accomplished to change proactively to internal and external changes without IT resources or costly customizations.

Pros

I like most is that it gives me the possibility of having all the analysis of my management in a single financial management system. I find it interesting that it helps me to lead strategic planning and find the best ways for the profitability of my new business.

Cons

I'm practically new using the tool, but I think it would be useful to include the possibility of including the initial data of the company and predict its productivity in the short term.

Reviewed on 16/5/2021

Workday is designed to help you on a daily basis!

Pros

Workday user interface design is super friendly. As the user with the rights for approving expenses to my cost center, I have no complaints. The process is straight forward, smooth, and the software feels robust and without any flaws.

Cons

The 'inbox' or 'archive' section can be confusing, but aside from that, Workday is top-notch regarding software for Financial Management and much more!

Tiffany Y.

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Your usual financial software

Okay overall, don’t really see anything outstanding compared to other financial softwares

Pros

Allows user to save particular reports for easy access in the future, especially great if you need recurring reports.

Cons

There should be some sort of a filter feature. I find it troublesome when looking up vendor in the search bar, but unable to refine by cost center or BU without going through pulling the ledger entries.

Jessica B.

Reviewed on 21/7/2021

Workday

The system functions as expected and is a great tool to use.

Pros

There so much that can be done and Workday helps to streamline many of our manual processes and workflows.

Cons

The system is difficult to navigate and things are are to find. The overall design experience could use some improvement.

Reviewed on 6/4/2021

Excellent Product

An excellent solution to make all of those once tedious tasks much easier.

Pros

This product has made work in our HR space so much more streamlined. From talent management, to recruiting, to benefits and obviously, financial reporting internally. Budget keeping is no longer the massive chore it used to be.

Cons

Because Workday is a holistic solution for HR, there are minor limitations, but those hardly impact it's greater value.

Laureen R.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 24/7/2021

Workday Financial Management

Pros

WFM is easy to use, train other associates on how to use and I have yet to experience a software issue.

Cons

None issues with WFM come to mind at this time.

Kelli T.

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

Workaround

When we initially started using this product it was very cumbersome. It improved some of our old processes but then seemed to make other worse. It has either gotten better or we have just gotten use to it. We have also had some issues with invoices getting lost in the system and had to recreate them in order to get them to process. They recently changed the requisition creation and it is not clear what the end user needs to do once they enter a line item. Overall I like the product but I feel it could still be improved. We just started using the HR function this week and so far I like what I see.

Pros

The reporting capabilities and the ability to drill down in functions to get to the info you need.

Cons

Not always user friendly. The error notes are not very helpful in pointing you to the specific line that has an issue.

Walker E.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Most Intuitive Yet

Workday has been the most enjoyable experience in my career. Nobody likes to fiddle around with software that looks outdated and glitchy when they’re dealing with their paycheck.

Pros

This has been the most intuitive software for entering payroll information and altering personal information for payroll as well. We’ve never had an issue with Workday and plan on using it forever!

Cons

The only difficult thing to figure out is how many hours you have for the week. Sometimes when you have holiday hours or vacation hours it’s hard to tell how many hours you actually have for the week without submitting it.

Minela K.

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Best system for the workplace

I keep a track of everything work related on workday. It is my starting and end point

Pros

Workday is all encompassing. From accessing my pay slips to tracking my career and goal development to managing my time, it takes care of everything in one Swift go. Incredibly user friendly

Cons

There are no cons that I have encountered

Gaurav paras S.

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

Awesome tool to manage finance in-house

Pros

User-friendly, easy access, secure to end user

It's easy to provide weekly, monthly and yearly view for Planning

Cons

Sometimes slow to access

Customize reports needs to enhance.

Projection reports needs to add for analyzing future trend

Vanessa M.

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

It is a little bit difficult to use at the beginning.

Pros

It has a very simple interface. Reports and features can get customized by ITS on demand. There is an app you can use on your phone with all the working features.

Cons

It contains no tools for project management other than the accounting of available budget, obligations and actuals. Some terms do not reflect the correct accounting, finance, and projext management industries.

Rajesh S.

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

All details at one place and easy to handle

Pros

GUI interface.Easy to use...and user friendly. I am using this from past 2 years and its awsome tool.

Cons

The charts can be improved , taking out the reports is not not so easy and can be improved further.

Reviewed on 3/8/2019

Workday Makes Your Workday Easier

Pros

Implementation was easy and adoption of the program happened quicker than normal from other programs.

Cons

Customer Service representatives could be friendlier.

Sasha B.

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

Not completely bad, but not user friendly.

I use it mainly to look at my check stubs, but it does that quite well.

Pros

I like that once you figure it out it's simple to use, and make it easy to access your information.

Cons

It's not too user friendly when you first start using it. It definitely takes some getting used to.

Libby M.

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Simple product

Great tracking tool for a business that has multiple roles/jobs that are salaries, hourly, and contracted.

Pros

Easy to use and simple product. Does the necessary work and training isn’t necessary bc tool is intuitive.

Cons

Doesn’t have bells and whistles and doesn’t make sense to add on because of the support you get from the basic package.

Alfonso P.

Reviewed on 20/4/2021

Great Financial Management support for P2P Capabilities

Overall experience with Workday Financial Management has been fantastic. Great capabilities that can integrate very well with other Workday modules.

Pros

Workday Financial Management provides a great P2P capability to organization already working with Workday HCM. This tool provides best-in-class functionalities that support financial and procurement operations.

Cons

The language, terms, jargon are very specific to Workday nomenclature rather than based on industry. Some concepts are quite unique and sometimes unnecessary when compared against a Coupa or other provider.

Anne W.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Workday _ lots of options

Pros

everything is in one place - time off; evaluations; goals; job openings. I love one-stop shops

Cons

Never had figured out how to get rid of certain items or delete them specifically in the job interest. I have them lingering on the side but would like to delete. Can't figure it out :-)

Devender kumar S.

Reviewed on 15/5/2017

It is good experience of working with this tool.

Pros

Very user friendly interface. easy to operate and reports can be taken out very easily. Used to of this tool is about 3 years.

Cons

It is good tool however recovery of reports by this tools sometime seems difficult and need to improve its efficacy and speedy data and report production.

Karla C.

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

Very practical and easy to use.

It's a great product and gets the job done.

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. You can find anything and everything with ease.

Cons

Can't think of any major complaints besides the goal setting portion which is hard to walk thru.

Shiawtian C.

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

Friendly and easy to use interface. Very powerful report and data sorting tool

Pros

I like the easy access to different reports. I can put down information the way I want it and dive deeper into the data if I need to. Everything is linked and stored in an easy to navigate format so you will have an easy time looking for what you need.

Cons

I don't like that reports can take a while if the data size is fairly large. Also if you attempt to click around too much before Workday process what you want it to do, you will get an error message. It is very easy to create this error message if you click around too much without giving it some time.

Salvador A.

Reviewed on 23/5/2019

Workday Review

Overall my experience with this software has been good. Has come in very handy at my new job.

Pros

I like the fact that it keeps records of my w2 and other information after I had stopped working at a previous job for a year.

Cons

I was locked out once and having to verify my identity to be able to reset my password was a bit of a pain but that was the only thing I was not fond of.