About Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Veryfi is an expense report solution designed to help businesses streamline processes related to receipt collection, bank reconciliation, job costing, document management and more. It provides mobile applications for Android and...

Browse Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses Reviews

Theo
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Veryfi review from Theo

Really good experience. Much, much happier than my previous service (SquirrelStreet). Their prices kept creeping up, and we would only know our final cost after the processed. Also if we were a few days late, we would still pay the minimum fee for the month and then get whacked with a huge surcharge—that doesn't happen with veryfi.

Pros

Cost, ability to hold backup files in Dropbox or Google Drive. Instant review and verification,

Cons

Not much. Yes I have to verify each transaction, and sometimes correct, but then I know that the information is there ready to use and accurate—no waiting a few weeks and hopping it was done correctly. It's a con which turns into a pro!
On some surfaces the auto detect doesn't work correctly or randomly. especially at Coles self serve checkouts. I tend to have auto detect off and then sometimes crop the image to reduce file size.

Robert
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Indispensable

Pros

Point of Sale disposition of bookkeeping chores. Finished before I hit the door.

Cons

I can't resist getting into conversations with random people when they see me use it.

Response from Veryfi

Robert, Love your feedback! Thank you so much for your support.

PS. Don't forget to use your code in the referral program (https://hub.veryfi.com/referrals/) so we can credit your account for every user you share Veryfi with

Jake

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Solid Optical Reading

I have not used IQBoxy for long, but I do have some clients using it to track their business expenses. They take photos of their receipts and IQBoxy converts them to digital information and syncs with Xero Accounting Software.

So far, the information the software gathers from the receipts has proven to be both accurate and reliable, which is more than can be said for some other software I've used. It is able to pull the vendor name, date, amount, etc. and accurately sync it with Xero. I also like the expense reports and reminders to get your receipts entered. The expense reports can be printed from your computer to submit to your accountant or bookkeeper.

The one area that I find challenging is the integration with Xero. Though it transfers information well, the workflow still requires more steps than entering a transaction. Essentially, it creates an unapproved Bill in Xero for your accountant to approve (create the bill), then record a payment (or you can use the Expense Reimbursement feature of Xero the same way). To set the account and approve the bill, then create a payment to actually hit your general ledger is more steps than just creating a spend or receive money transaction. For that reason, the integration might not be the right solution for everyone, but overall, the software is accurate and helpful for tracking business expenses and keeping your receipts organized.

Pros

Accuracy in reading receipts.

Cons

Integration steps (which may not really be unique to this software).

Response from iqBoxy

Jake, thank you for your great feedback and support.

We now have web app tool for accountants & bookkeepers to manage your clients from the 1 place. Check it out => https://www.veryfi.com/accounting-practice-management/

PS. IQBoxy has a new name! VERYFI ~ Read the announcement => https://www.veryfi.com/news/iqboxy-is-now-veryfi/

Replied 7/12/2017

Top Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses Alternatives

Coy

Reviewed on 14/11/2020

CEO/ President

We use the Expense management product. During our first three days, we scanned 300 receipts. We contacted support and Veryfi raised our cap to 600. We readily used the additional allocation in less than three days.

Pros

Ease of use. Out of the box solution. Implementation is extremely simple. User friendly. Our CPA firm is overjoyed! They continue to evaluate Veryfi expense management and other product offerings.

Cons

The 300 receipt limitation is bothersome for new users, but I understand Veryfi rationale.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Al and Machine learning. Fast, reasonably exact.

Response from Veryfi

Coy, great feedback! Thank you so much.

Re unlimited data extraction, check out the Veryfi OCR API which has no limits using per scan model.

All the best!
Rusty

Replied 2/6/2021
Jamie
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 9/1/2020

Smarter, not harder

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], answered questions/concerns, provided 1:1 training, amazing customer support, and treated our 2 employees business like we are just as important as their big construction company clients.

Pros

Veryfi’s Intelligent OCR (Optical character recognition) made scanning over 2,000 handwritten/printed receipts simple, convenient, and accurate data extraction effortlessly.

Cons

When using the column filters or a specific date range the filter is not saved.

Zoho Desk and Shoeboxed

Reasons for Switching to Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Customer Support Simplicity of uploading receipts Accurate data extraction - including handwritten receipts Price/Cost

Response from Veryfi

Jamie, Thank you so much for the lovely feedback! I have shared it with the team and there were smiles all round. We are grateful for the lovely private note you left. Thank you again for the support!

Roger
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 3/8/2018

Easy to use, convenient, great for tracking receipts

Saves me loads of time, I don't lose receipts and they're not flying all over my car, littering my desk and getting washed in my pants. I have an accurate record of what I spent and when I spent it. Easily integrates with Quickbooks.

Pros

Love this app. I capture my paper receipts within minutes of receiving them. That way I don't lose them or they don't fade. Once a month I edit the record and tag the receipts to upload to QB. The categories b/w Veryfi and QB are nearly 100%. Also, sending e-receipts to my Veryfi email address works as advertised. Love the feature that they recognize most vendors and attach vendor logos. A+ rating from me!

Cons

Occasional hiccup and I have to take photo of receipt twice.

Laura

Reviewed on 28/3/2018

Wonderful product!

As accountant I save time and money because with Veryfi do some task on my work are just taking seconds, Also generate automatically reports are very useful for me to compare my expenses and take decisions on my business.

Pros

Easy to use, amazing support 24 hours, and the most important thing I save a lot of money using this product, good job Veryfi team!

Cons

Nothing everything is perfect, new features each week and that's fantastic! waiting for android version of logbook app

Jan Christopher
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

How it should be done

Pros

- Receipt scanning is super fast and beautifully accurate. Much faster than the competition I tried.
- It is easy to scan receipts consisting of multiple pages
- Recording tip and tax portions of a receipt is well done.

Cons

Nothing, this is exactly what I was looking for, beautifully done and the only one really satisfying what I wanted.

Response from Veryfi

Jan, love your feedback! Thank you so much Jan. I've shared this lovely feedback with the team and they had smiles all round. All the best,

Replied 18/5/2020
Robert

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

We're Enjoying VeryFi

Overall I'd highly recommend using VeryFi. We're enjoying it so far.

Pros

We use VeryFi to scan foreign currency receipts because it then converts them to USD before uploading them with Quickbooks

Cons

The software does appear to be a bit "Beta" in terms of the back-end.

Response from Veryfi

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback and lovely ratings!

Can you please email me with more detail about the Con. Would love to know what you mean by Beta. We are constantly making updates and improvements so maybe this ongoing activity is sending the wrong message?

Jonathan
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 6/9/2018

Great for expense tracking

Pros

It is so simple to use Veryfi. It tracks all purchases, categorizes them, and simplifies bank reconciliation. Overall it is a great time saver!

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons right now. I have just started using this software and I need more time to evaluate if there are issues or cons to it.

Response from Veryfi

Thank you Jonathan for your feedback and support! Let us know how you go with the evaluation and any feedback on where we can improve the product. All the best, Ernest (cofounder)

Replied 28/1/2019
Jason

Reviewed on 31/8/2018

Was skeptical at first; now convinced it's the best receipts / expense manager for small...

My overall experience with Veryfi has exceeded expectations. As a small business owner with invoices and receipts of all different shapes and sizes, I was quite impressed by how quick and accurate the OCR software was in Veryfi. I was originally skeptical of using Veryfi as it wasn't a proven name in the industry like Expensify, however I am glad I made the choice to use Veryfi as it's far better than its competitors for my purposes.

Pros

The software is highly intuitive and easy to learn. The process of uploading receipts, editing previous entries, or changing a vendor name, follows a familiar flow nearly all smartphone users will feel accustomed to.

What I enjoyed the most about Veryfi are the certain features I never had on my list of requirements (or thought to be important) in an expense manager but turns out to be extremely helpful. For example, extracting the vendor address from a receipt is something I thought of as a "nice to have" but not a requirement.

Now this feature is something I can't live without as it helps automate my purchases based on the proximity to my business. This is helpful for large chains and big box stores with many locations, I can now split out personal and business expenses far more easily.

This is what distinguishes good software from great software. Good software completes a task in a way you wanted it to; great software completes the job in a better way than what you had in mind, and that's what Veryfi does with receipts.

Cons

Not sure if this is Veryfi's issue, however the integration with QuickBooks online can be improved. I never get the confidence of whether a receipt has been uploaded and matched on QB, aside from the green QB logo being red. If there was a better way to bulk manage expenses and how it's uploaded into QB, and what it's QB status is (ie. matched, no match, amounts not matching, etc) that would be helpful.

Response from Veryfi

Jason, thank you for your feedback!

I'd love to understand what we can do more to improve QBO experience for you. Please reach out to us on [email protected] so we can connect for a quick phone call and improve your QBO experience :-)

Replied 11/9/2018
Joseph
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 18/8/2021

Has made my accounting life 100% easier

Best OCR easiest entry customizable reports secure interaction (machine only) can run it all from my cellphone has made my accounting so much easier no more dread.

Pros

I use to dread the hours spent with a huge pile of receipts trying to enter them into software and then fixing all the mistakes that the OCR made this software helps me to do all my accounting from my cellphone as I go and at the end of the month I just generate a report so simple and easy and far more accurate than anything I have ever used plus the security I didn’t want my accounting and receipts left unsecured and they have the best security.

Cons

Some of the merchant names make multiple names for the same merchant you can fix it by hand but is time consuming.

Quickbooks Online

Response from Veryfi

Joseph, I love this detailed feedback! Thank you so much for your support.

Aidan
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 15/9/2019

Fantastic software, desire personal version

Overall a fantastic experience. I hope that they will include a personal finance option. I know that they will continue to improve the OCR with each update to the mobile software.

Pros

I love this software, it is fantastic with keeping up with receipts, the software pulls most if not all of the information off the receipt automatically, which is a great feature. The overall OCR function works great, and it works great for tracking certain transaction categories to keep an eye on spending. It’s been great to use for reimbursement itemization while I was interviewing.

Cons

Their OCR could be slightly improved as I’ve had issues with the camera recognizing the receipt for more than a second, cycling through shapes and having issues with taking a photo and having it select a shape other than the one in the last cycle.
I also wish that they had a personal finance option as I would love to manage my own finances without some of the selections or details of a company.

Response from Veryfi

Hi Aidan, Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback!

Since you posted this we have dramatically improved the OCR. Hope you noticed it with every scan of a receipt.

Regarding a personal option - you can add up to 3 profiles (accounts) per subscription. So your 2nd one can be personal and then used in a different way than your business account.

Recently we also launched a bunch of new videos on Veryfi features and how to turn things on and off. Hope this helps => https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkA-lFc8JUY5WXYFxFrHTvzFybcCR918r

Jay

Reviewed on 17/8/2021

Long time user of Veryfi.

Love it and have recommended it to many business. Easy to learn and to use across entire organization.

Pros

The mobile receipt scanning is my favorite feature. The rule based options are unlimited on how you set things up to run for your workflow. Fast and efficient across any platform.

Cons

The only issue I have ever had is when there is an update for the software. The app will crash after taking a pic of a receipt. It’s easily fixed by downloading the new version but is frustrating at times.

Response from Veryfi

Jay, thank you so much for your nice feedback and support!

Replied 3/9/2021

Reviewed on 11/2/2018

For capturing receipts, head and shoulders above everything out there so far.

Pros

The receipt capture is by far the most compelling feature this app offers. Not having to wait 24 hours to have my receipts captured (ReceiptHog lol) is a huge deal. It's instant with this app.

Another huge plus is that my receipts aren't being sent to some offshore sweatshop exposing my data to god knows who? (Expensify which I used previously) These guys are using AI, which is cool, machines aren't going to sell my data or do anything nefarious.

The other pro for us is that it integrates with our existing accounting software, it was an easy sell to us.

Cons

The app looks a little ugly ? Maybe that's just the nature of boring accounting software but it's a minor quibble.

Response from Veryfi, Inc.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Yap an ugly duckling :P which product do you think needs UI love - android, ios or web? ~ Ernest (founder)

Replied 13/2/2018
Simone
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 1/10/2019

GREAT APP - A LITTLE PRICEY

Pros

I've been using Veryfi since it was called IQ boxy, so more than 2 years now. I very happy. it's easy to use and very effective. I had some issues with my subscription and the customer care has been very helpful.

Cons

I think the subscription price has rised too much

Response from Veryfi

Hi Simone, ahhh yes IQBOXY days :-) Thank you for your feedback and rating! Appreciate the ongoing support.
~ Ernest (cofounder)

Kaleb
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 30/7/2018

Best app I have every used. It went above and beyond the competition.

Tracking all your finances is super easy now. As well as budgeting. I plan on starting a business in the next year and I'm sure this will be a huge help.

Pros

There's so much about it I love it's hard to say. I love that they worked hard to get it fully certified across the board. I love the budget section. I love how you can backup all your information for free without having to pay a monthly fee. I love to user interface.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of anything I don't like. I do hope that they continue building on what they already have but to be honest I can't even imagine what they would do.

Brigid
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 17/8/2021

Best receipt software out there

Saved me so much Time!

Pros

I love the receipt tracking feature so much. It has saved me so many days of tax preparation. My favorite is the ability to tag everything as a schedul C expense and have all the receipts total with the click of a button.

Cons

I wish the interface was slightly more user-friendly. It has improved - I’ve been using it since it was OneReceipt.

Response from Veryfi

Brigid, Thank you for your feedback and support!

I'd love to hear what we could improve on the user-friendly side. Is it a mobile or web app and which parts. Please let us know at [email protected] so we can make these changes for the better :-)

Alison

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

Essential to me - makes my life so much easier

Pros

I hate organising minor expenses but it so necessary for my accounts, vat return and tax return. Verify has made this so much easier and quicker. All organised, take a photo on my phone, check and adjust if necessary before uploading and then double check just before I run my reports. All done.

you can have three accounts for one paid subscriptions so organise different businesses

Cons

Four accounts for one paid subscription would suit me more but I can manage and overall find this good value for money.

Response from Veryfi

Alison, Thank you kindly for the lovely feedback!

I'm curious to hear why you want a 4th account? We have an ability for you to add more accounts under your subscription for an additional $1 :-) Let me know if you'd like it.

Reviewed on 6/7/2019

Super easy and....

So far so excellent. One minor tweak as mentioned above is my only ask.

Pros

Great app, very quick in getting all the data scanned and loaded. Able to tag customers, get reports and organize by category. Really easy to use and great value.

Cons

Adding jobs/customers is a bit of a tad as oppose to having the option to select while uploading.

Response from Veryfi

Michael, thank you for your lovely feedback and ratings.

Veryfi mobile app now has the ability to add jobs/customers during scan/upload (Veryfi Lens). Just enable it inside the settings of Veryfi Lens.

Instructions how to access Veryfi Lens settings => https://faq.veryfi.com/en/articles/3082242-veryfi-lens-explained

Dima

Reviewed on 23/3/2018

Great app to manage my expenses!

Pros

Their OCR tech to recognize and categorize receipts just works! The app is very easy to use and does its job perfectly. On top of that, they have a great integration with various software such as Dropbox, Quickbooks and so on.

Cons

Nothing really that would keep me from using it! Very minor bugs here and there but they keep fixing them and they're constantly improving the app. I can't complain. This is a great app all around.

Eric

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Loving this App

Totally positive overall experience. Definitely making my life easier.

Pros

It's so easy to use, and easy to build positive personal finance habits around.

Cons

it's pretty pricey, and you can't batch change certain things about receipt scans, and it doesn't pick up the currency from the receipt.

Response from Veryfi

Thank you so much for your support and feedback. In regards to batch changes (bulk editing), this article sheds more light on how it's done inside Veryfi => https://www.veryfi.com/howto/bulk-actions-editing/

Replied 28/1/2019
Nick

Reviewed on 16/2/2018

Use it for 6 months and save my time on tax preparation. Well done, guys.

Pros

Because it categorizes and transfer to Excel and other formats. So instead of collect each receipt and keep it physically and spend a half day before Tax day, you can just open Excel and everything is ready for your Tax preparer person.

Response from Veryfi, Inc.

Thank you for your support Nick! Great review & feedback.

Replied 13/3/2018
Marie Debbie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 22/2/2017

The easiest way to save receipts!

I use IQ BOXY for both personal and business, I started with the free subscription and after trying it out for a couple of weeks I decided to get the paid subscription.
Their customer service is outstanding, emails are answered in less than 24 hours.
Extremely helpful, looking to improve and add other features all the time.
It is easy to use and a very clean looking app.

Pros

Easy to use, very responsive customer service. Modestly priced.

Cons

Their web version needs some improvements which they are working on.

Response from iqBoxy

Marie, thank you so much for your lovely feedback and support! Much appreciated.

Replied 7/12/2017
Joshua

Reviewed on 18/3/2018

Painless

Organization

Pros

The features that I enjoyed the most about this app are its ease of use and intergration with other accounting apps that I use frequently. I found the layout and setting up of my account very intuituve, and adding my scans was simple with the OCR doing a pretty good job of accuratley adding my reciepts. Even when it did not the process to manually enter them was easy.

Cons

There isnt anything that stands out so far that really comes across as a con to me. Possibly better OCR but it usually picks up whatever I try to scan.Other than the fact you have to pay to use the full version lol! Maybe some different colored themes, I dont know all in all its a good app and hit every aspect of what I was looking for

Response from Veryfi

Joshua, Thank you so much for the lovely review and great feedback!

Re OCR, always working on it :-) We don't augment with humans to guarantee top notch data-privacy.

Btw I'd love to hear from you what we could do better with customer support.

~ Ernest (cofounder)