About Kiddom

Kiddom is an education platform that connects curriculum, instruction, and assessment in one place with integrated tools for communication. With Kiddom, schools and districts stay prepared for teaching and learning in any...

3.3
3.3

Browse Kiddom Reviews

Nicole

Reviewed on 19/6/2018

Free planner and gradebook that helps me track standards easily

It makes my whole workflow as it should be: in one place. If only it can grade essays! ;) It has made tracking student progress really easy. I can understand how students are doing on individual standards in real time and it has been a good way to go back to student evidence.

Pros

I used Google really briefly because I wanted my middle school students to be able to view assignments online, but I didn't like it. I'm loving Kiddom because I can plan directly in the web app, drag the assignment to assign, and share it with students. So much better for my workflow and the design is intuitive.

1. STANDARDS /GRADEBOOK: You can attach and TRACK standards right there in the app: it automatically generates reports, which students can see too. Saves me time generating progress reports.

2. PLANNER: I can plan and assign in one view: plan on the left and then drag it into "Timeline" to assign it.

3. DIFFERENTIATION: I can make a personalized list of assignments for a student; assign them something from the library as an extension or remediation, or flip the classroom by giving them a video as a lesson.

4. COLLABORATION: You can share the assignments with other teachers to keep on the same page and collaborate on modifying some assignments.

Kiddom is really simple and intuitive for students to use on a laptop or app, too. Their support is really responsive and super helpful. I only got started this year, but already looking forward to using it next year, too!

Cons

If anything, I would love to have a discussion tool and quiz maker that can put the grade directly into my grade book.

Laura

Elementary ESL use

We're all learning during this school year, so I want to extend some grace and flexibility to the team at Kiddom. However, training to use the software was minimal to nonexistent and the software was not very intuitive. I think Kiddom would benefit from adding educational experts to their team as well as data security experts.

Pros

User interface functions on all browsers and all devices. Ability to embed video.

Cons

- Unable or very difficult to share activities or units with other teachers in my building
- Creating an activity that asks students to record themselves, they are unable to see/read the prompt as they make the recording because the recording function blocks view of the window.
- Unable to schedule assignments to push out to students on certain days of the week - all assignments can be completed as soon as they are loaded, even if students are not ready for them or have not completed other assignments.
- Unable to copy/paste activities from one curriculum to another
- Unable for students to physically / visually manipulate activities within kiddom (for example, drag and drop features available to students on google slides via google classroom)
- Submitting a photo of work is listed as an "open ended" response and can be problematic for students
- Adding students must be done from student end and cannot be done from teacher end
- All assignments look identical on timeline, no thumbnail options for pre-literate students
- Chat box is very annoying always blocking access to curriculum that I want to add to timeline
- Classroom page is visible on web browser but not on app

Madison

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

From a Biology teacher: good in a pinch but room for improvement

Overall, Kiddom has proved to be a very useful resource during this challenging year. I think there could be a few simple fixes that would make a WORLD of difference for teacher-usefulness.

Pros

I think the basic idea of Kiddom is great! It has definitely been useful this year as a relatively simple way to relay lessons and assignments to students. As a type-A personality teacher, the organization of Kiddom is fantastic (classes, units, then lesson plans). That part of Kiddom was obviously well-thought out with teacher-friendliness in mind.

Cons

Limitations to certain features frustrate me and cost me precious time. 1st) If I need to edit an assignment I have already assigned to my classes, I have to edit it, then delete it from every individual class (that is especially frustrating), then re-assign it to every individual class. Maybe I have misunderstood how to assign lessons to my kids, but it seems like there should be something more time-effective than editing, deleting, then re-assigning to every individual period. 2nd) There should be a more teacher-friendly way for students to submit assignments. I tried making a submit button for their assignments, but found it to be, again, not a time-effective process so I eventually got frustrated and gave up. My distance learners use Microsoft Teams to turn in my assignments (which is also a lot of clicks but it was more teacher-friendly than Kiddom, so I rolled with it). 3rd) There needs to be a way to assign lessons to every section of my class with only one click. I get frustrated with dragging an assignment over to every single class when the assignment is the same for each class. Microsoft Teams lets you create one assignment then choose which classes you'd like to assign it to. 4th) I would really appreciate being able to share lessons that I've created on Kiddom with the other teachers in my department and them be able to push these lessons directly out to their students (without having to copy/paste my lessons into their curriculum or create questions I made).

Top Kiddom Alternatives

Kelly

Kiddom for Education

I have had some questions along the way, and the support staff has been fantastic to jump in and help immediately. I work with a team of teachers, and we all laugh because we feel like we know the support staff by name we have asked them so many questions! Overall, I really think Kiddom is useful in my classroom. I do not know what I would do without it.

Pros

I have not used many online platforms for education until this year. At first, the learning curve for me was rough! But I watched the training videos, and emailed for help, and just played around with the software, and I feel like I have a grasp on how to best use this platform.

I like that the platform is organized so well for teachers and students. I feel like students can navigate easily between their different classes. I love that I can plan with other teachers, and we can share assignments! Everything is also so easy to put online for the kids.

Cons

I would love for there to be a way to time assessments. The main problem with online assessments is that students can easily cheat. They can look up the answers quickly. I would love an online timer so that it would at least be harder for students to do this quickly.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Great ideas, potential and customer service but has lots of growth left to do

This service has great potential to grow. I like their ideas and goals for standards based tracking and differentiation but the execution often comes with many glitches and overall annoying to use and confusing for students at times. The upside is their incredible customer service.

Pros

AMAZING Customer service which makes up for its glitches. I get responses within a couple hours. When my gradebook was glitching out before my report cards were due, Ekta literally worked around the clock to make one for me manually.

Cons

- Glitches when posting
- glitched on all my report cards
-inconsistent notifications of messages from students so it is unreliable as a messaging service
- i would like an option for teachers giving feedback on written responses to comment or highlight like it was a Google Doc
- I would like an option to print out student work along with my feedback on the same document for hybrid learners

Joseph

A teacher's input

It has not been a good experience, especially at the beginning of the school year. I have grown accustomed to its quirks and have begun to make it work.

Pros

I appreciate that KIDDOM imports my class rosters on a regular basis. I also appreciate that it provides an 'announcement' page for all of my students to see. I'm glad they changed the format for seeing assignments in 'newest first' as opposed to the other way.

Cons

1. I did not like the fact that they offered a 'multi-select' feature for assessments and then it didn't work at all (I believe that has changed in the past month).
2. The number of clicks it takes to add an assignment is TOO MUCH. Steps: I open the class. I click 'timeline'. I click 'add assessment'. I click 'activity' or 'assessment'. Finally, after I've created the assignment, I must open each class of mine individually to assign the same assessment (although I teach 5 periods of the same section).
3. When trying to see assignments, or add assignments, there are too many panels and it makes the working panel too small, especially when I'm trying to display this to my students.
4. When trying to reply to a message, the 'chat' bubble is in front of the 'send' icon. It takes some precise point/click movements to send the message.
5. The 'chat' bubble is ALWAYS on top and I don't use it that much to take up screen space.

Jeremy

Kiddom Review from Science Teacher

Once, the process of getting it all set up was done, it kept me organized.

Pros

Once, it was all set up, it was easy to assign the work each week.

Cons

It was hard to learn how to set it up. Lots of trial and error. You couldn't delete certain material once you created it. Students had issues uploading and attaching assignments. For a long time, you couldn't respond to students from the email notifications you got when they asked questions. Creating multiple choice test is a long process and their is no way to created a template.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Kiddom

It was mandatory from administration.

Google Classroom

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

Administration wanted us to try it.
Brenda

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Good product, with anticipation of continued improvements

It has been pretty good so far, but I am still learning. I have created content, but as I learn more, I want to reorganize things, but that isn’t possible yet. I would love to be able to drag a lesson or activity into a different unit, or just duplicate a lesson/activity within a unit that is very similar to a previous one. I would also love to be able to “mass grade” an assignment, then just go back and change a few grades manually.

Pros

I’m still learning, but I like the concept of having the courses, then units, and lessons, and activities. I also like that I can just link other lessons or activities (Forms, videos, etc.) into the lessons. I like that it is linked to our roster of student so that new students are automatically added to the class and I don’t have to annually add them.

I like it enough that I have not given up on it, knowing that development is still happening.

Cons

- inability to organize lessons/activities after they are created (rearrange a lesson as you are working on it, i.e. re-order questions, insert a question that you forgot...)
- inability to print a lesson activity for someone who needs a hard copy (limited or no internet)
- inability to duplicate a lesson, then tweak it for a different unit.

The mobile app version, so far, is useless. I was originally only able to *see* what was there, then recently found the ability to *grade* from the app. However, when I went into my desktop, none of the grades were “submitted” - I still had to go through each student and actually click “Submit.”

Melody

Kiddom from a Teacher POV

Overall, I am not super happy with Kiddom. I listed many of our issues above in the cons. I can't say I would recommend it to any teacher peers.

Pros

I like how things are broken into subjects, so students are able to easily access the content.

Cons

I do not like that you can't click on a child's name and see what has been completed by him/her. You have to click the assignment, and then click the child's name to see what was entered.

I do not like that if a child forgets to hit submit, it looks as if they did not complete it at all. There should be an in progress area. Or their name should switch colors. Or honestly, anything.

I do not like how time consuming it is to enter multiple choice items in. You have to click to add another letter, and half the time it randomly disappears. Click the letter for each item, and it is always delayed. It takes a considerable amount of time to enter even five questions for a quick exit ticket. The letter choices of ABCD should automatically come up, and then people have the option to choose less if necessary.

I hate how to have to click a subject, and then assignment, and then scroll through to see who turned things in. My team and I talk often about how amazing it would be to be able to login and get an actual overview of what had been done that day.

Chara

Review for Kiddom from and Educator

Pros

*The way it looks
*It is easy to embed videos or other interactive programs such as Padlet, Nearpod, or Microsoft forms
*It is easy to create assignments and activities
*There is a new color coding feature for the assignments which I think is meant to indicate when new assignments have been submitted. But I do not know what the colors mean, it was never clearly explained (which is a con).

Cons

*It is not easy to upload pictures. They have to be saved and uploaded, instead of copy and pasted.
*You cannot assign the lessons to multiple classes at once. The assignments must be assigned one class at a time, which is time consuming.
*Typing quiz questions in is tedious. It would be easier if the questions could be copied and pasted in, and then autogenerated. A good example of this is on Plickers.com.
*Assignments cannot be removed or ended (one of the most frustrating features).

Heaven

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Kiddom makes setting up lessons for distance AND in person students so EASY!

Pros

The best part of this software is that I can upload my curriculum once and assign it or re-assign it as needed to students. I can use it to in place of sub plans and students aren't missing out on high quality instructions. It is easy to access and understand. Plus, I can quickly assess their mastery of standards.

Cons

Integration was difficult at first because as adults, we don't often like change. However, Kiddom has worked to meet the needs of teachers across the district. I do wish the texts for announcements were able to be edited, like change colors, sizes, and /or bolded because students tend to miss important dates and things.

Chad

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Kiddom Rutherford County Schools

I use it daily for school and distance learning. I'm not very fluent with using it, but it's getting easier everyday.

Pros

I love how it integrates to Clever. Once the kids have gotten used to it, it puts all of their assignments in one place. I like being able to drag and drop assignments for the week.

Cons

I would love to be able to easily move assignments around, Drag and drop to different classes and what not.
It would be nice to be able to set a time for an assignment to "open up", for instance assign it for the week, but kids cant open it until a specific day. Creating assignments and putting them where I need them to be is a chore for me every time I try to do it. Maybe some kind of "File system" would be beneficial. So things can easily be moved. I'd love to be able to edit thigs and save them without editing everyone's entire lesson. We share a lot of these resources and once it's been edited, it can not be changed back to. Online training course would have been great at the beginning.

Carrie
  • Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Art teacher

Getting better, but still have 🐜 🐛 🕷 bugs. Like what if a teacher accidentally grades an assignment but nothing was Submitted sooooo now student can’t submit.

Pros

I like it all in one spot, there are just a few rough edges. For Art sometimes I need the students to turn in their work multiple times. Many students indicate they can’t do that they get a prompt that tells them they have already turned it in.

Cons

No date stamps on student work...the students are turning stuff in and indicating that they have waited on me. Which I can’t prove

Amber

Kiddom keeps me sane

Kiddom has saved my classroom this year! I can create and keep all of their assignments in one place, and track their progress. This has been the most challenging year, by far, for me and probably most teachers. Kiddom is a tool that has made this new learning environment a bit more manageable.

Pros

I use Kiddom daily in my classroom. I create assignments for each subject, each day, for my distance learners. They are able to easily log in through single sign on, and navigate the software to complete and submit their assignments. Kiddom is the only way I have been able to accurately assess my students' learning in this crazy environment. I love that I am able to instantly assess and give feedback to them.

Cons

I would love to be able to have students submit their assignment, get feedback from me, and then for them to be able to re-submit the assignment with corrections.

April

Using Kiddom in a Hybrid Third Grade Class

My experience with kiddom has been decent.

Pros

I like that I simply drag the assignments onto the students` timelines and they can do them asynchronously. I also like that I can assign assignments to individuals in my class.

Cons

I do not like how difficult it is to access the assignments to edit them. It requires a lot of clicking. Our timelines also get very cluttered with all of the assignments that we assign. I wish there was a way to make it more organized.

Webster

Pretty Good Platform

Overall my experience with KIDDOM is about 6 out of 10. I use it mainly because I am required to use it. I would not use it otherwise, but there are some things I like about it. If the platform was designed to be a little more friendly to teachers that have multiple classes, I would be more inclined to use it voluntarily. I believe that if I had one class of 20 students or so (like an elementary teacher), I would love it.

Pros

I like the method that assignments are built, tests are built, the format options for tests, the ease at which you can insert links into assignments, and ease of which the assignments can be assigned to students in ONE class.

Cons

I can't assign things to more than one class and I wasn't able to get resolution to a question I had about grading tests, so I still don't use KIDDOM for my tests.

Jessica

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

Kindergarten Teacher review

Pros

I love the different options teachers can use to create a variety of questions on each assignment or quiz. As a kindergarten teacher, I love that they can upload pictures of their work. I also love that you can attached standards to each assignment and grades can automatically hook up to our grading system on skyward. (I don't use this feature as a k teacher, but I think it's amazing for other grade levels to use!)

Cons

As a teacher, I wish when my student's upload a photo of their work, that the photo would automatically show when I am checking their work. Having to click on each individual photo take a lot of time when grading. (I teach kindergarten, so they upload pictures of all their work.)

• Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Kiddom- solid start but cumbersome

It’s certainly a start for a blended learning package but it needs to work out some kinks in order to be on par with its collegial rivals such as D2L or blackboard.

Pros

I like the ability to create units and curriculum for each of my classes. This feature allows for multiple lessons and activities to be created and organized for teacher deployment to student.

Cons

It is really difficulty to navigate the notifications. Sometimes I have students submit work late and the only way for me to dig out who submitted what and when is either go back to the original assignment or sift through the notifications. This is so time consuming that I have resorted to students emailing me completed work rather than uploading to kiddom.

Timothy

View from a teacher

Pros

The best features are the ability to embed and the online support. Embed options for video and Nearpods are a great tool. The online chat has always been responsive and will email you back every time. The support has been fantastic.

Cons

The worst feature is how you can't control the order of your activity. For example, "Text" is grouped together, "questions" are grouped together, etc. I want to be able to organize the order to my needs. Also, the interface can be difficult to learn and is not visually appealing. It needs to be easier to tell when a student submits assignments. It is especially difficult to know when students turn in late assignments.

Cortney

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

LMS for Classrooms

Pros

Easy to create assignments and push out information to students.

Cons

This program was missing live updates. If I made a mistake I had to delete the assignment from each class then reassign. Live updates needs to be added.

Kathleen
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 22/11/2020

Kiddom critique

My school system uses this as one of many choices for teachers to present information to distance learners. It was easy to pick up on and implement. I really have not had time to explore other options. The most crucial feature for me is the test feature. However, It is VERY tedious to input questions. My 50 question mid-term exam took me over an hour and 20 minutes to input. Also, I do not have the option to use my own standards. There is no way for me to use Kiddom to compile data about how many students missed what test question(s). I had to do that by hand, laboriously.

Pros

It was easy to pick up on and use. It is easy to embed videos.

Cons

The test making feature is abysmally slow and tedious.

Chad
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

It gives you the access you need all together

It has taken some time to get use to and it had some technical issues as I began using it. However I do feel they have worked hard to resolve issues and listen to consumers to make it more user friendly and give us what we need.

Pros

That you can upload large files without needing to use another platform to hold it. However you can also link any other resources that are needed on other platforms. It makes kiddom a one stop for learners.

Cons

I want to be able to track students logins and interactions better. I can see if they login but not what they have done or accessed unless they mark it complete.

Reviewed on 17/1/2021

Easy to use product

Pros

User-friendly, simple, sleek design that makes for a pleasant user experience.

Cons

A little click-intensive. Other than that, it checks all the boxes.

Adam

Reviewed on 8/1/2021

Pros

The customer service from the Kiddom team was fantastic.

Cons

It is difficult for teachers to review submitted assignments.

Juan

Reviewed on 26/6/2018

Great product with a lot of resources.

Pros

The amount of resources that are allocated to teachers is amazing. Students are also able to sign in and get started on daily do nows making it convenient at the start of the day.

Cons

A con o found was that there was not a whole lot of resources in Spanish especially for those teachers who primarily teaches English language learners.