Asana Reviews

About Asana

Asana is a comprehensive project management tool that offers a range of technical features to streamline workflows and enhance collaboration within teams. With its user-friendly interface and robust capabilities, Asana provides...

Browse Asana Reviews

12,719 of 12,719 reviews
Alwin
Alwin
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 10/6/2024

Review of Asana

We use Asana at present to oversee Projects and Business Management inside the organization. It is a magnificent tool to permit both my clients and Users to see the improvement and see what is missing and where something in the pipeline. It additionally has extraordinary reminder tools. It is perfect as far as we're concerned to fulfill time constraints, further develop proficiency and responsibility inside the organization.

Pros

Asana permits clients to report whole task at one spot. This incorporates documentation, everyday advancement, adding important assets.
Asana additionally permits individuals administrators to dissect the general proficiency of the direct reportees by survey the venture subtleties in intuitive way.
Asana additionally gives device to structures that assists us with making studies or assemble required data in a simple manner.
All Correspondence towards a tasks (Likewise Sub-tasks) in one spot
Following responsibility and progress of each errand
Customization and slack Incorporation

Cons

At the point when I'm a User with clients I really want to open another window for client.
While utilizing the application it generally attempts to open in browser while clicking anything.

DENNIS KUBAI

Reviewed on 3/5/2024

Multiple Projects Management,Team and Projects Collaboration and Online Billing Expertise

Reliability on cloud PM, TM and task management. Internal departmental cloud meetings scheduling and rescheduling.

Pros

How I easily monitor,commence and track several projects at the same time.
Cloud team collaboration thro' BIM persistent chats.
File sharing and content management.
Subscription billing and invoicing.
Online products and services branding and promotions as well as E-marketing campaign.
Workflow Management, tasks updating, editing and online proofing.
Impressive architecture and web-user-interface design expertise.

Cons

I would just double thumb Asana's products vendor.

Radosław
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 20/6/2024

Manage your projects faster with ASANA

When the project is small or medium its very good solution for moust users. Tje intefrface is clear and very readable. I only can recommend Asana. You can always try free demo period.

Pros

It has best look and interface from all products available on market.

Cons

Can be complicated when you work on many projects with many teams, at least for me .

Top Asana Alternatives

Carolyne

Reviewed on 20/3/2024

Simple but effective

Excellent experience with Asana, I was up and running quickly and delighted to learn more as I progressed.

Pros

Asana has a good clean interface with the ability for multiple projects and countless categories and sub categories. Working with teams is a breeze as they can be added, assigned tasks and monitored with ease. Customisation turns your work areas into logical systems for your business. I used Asana on multiple businesses, not just projects and it met my requirements every time.

Cons

Other apps have so many more features than Asana and that may be more appealing to you. I like to keep it simple and found myself constantly trying to keep up with what I could do, as opposed to what I should be doing with them. For that reason, I prefer Asana.

Basecamp , monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I liked the interface and organisation of projects. Adding teams was uncomplicated. It suited not just me but my team members.
Andrea
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/5/2024

My whole life is there

It has been extremely positive; it streamlines communication and task management.

Pros

I love many things. First of all, the interface is friendly and intuitive. I like the inbox. I regularly work with another person. We skip email and communicate directly on the tasks at hand. With the inbox, I can follow the conversation related to the task. When general issues come up, we use a special task for that. I love the tags; they allow me to prioritize things beyond projects. I like having the ability to categorize a task into different projects. I like being able to comment on tasks. That helps me record lessons learned.

Cons

I think the inbox interface can be cleaner.

Reviewed on 27/6/2024

Asana for Small Business

Asana is a great way to learn about project management. It is even better to hold your project team accountable even when they don't know what a project team is.

Pros

What do I not like about Asana is the real question. It is the reason that I love project management.

Cons

I wish the templates were free but it is so affordable, I do not mind paying for it.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

It was easier to use and understand. I can share my Asana projects with people who don't understand project management.
Nathan

Reviewed on 8/6/2024

On the fence

Positive. I think if you can make use of all it has to offer, it has virtually limitless uses. Integration with other systems is easy too. I do recommend Asana if budget isn't an issue to your business.

Pros

I feel like it's a premium version of Trello. It's marmite too, everybody I've spoken to either prefers one or the other. I like how customisable it is.

Cons

I feel like it could implement more accessibility features. I also don't like how the pricing on their website is a little misleading. I also feel it's too expensive, though to the right people with the right projects, it can be a game changer.

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 13/5/2024

Asana is a great tool for remote teams

Pros

What I like the most is that it allows remote teams to work harmoniously and keep everyone focused on the priority task at hand. I like that we can tag anyone in our Asana account if we need anything from them to keep the project going.

Cons

What I didn't like is, it's missing the real-time chat option, we can just tag each other but we have to use Slack for chatting purposes.

Kristy
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 17/6/2024

Productivity apps & programs creating irregular job needs

It’s been good. It’s also been more work because we actually have to eat the stuff.

Pros

I like the ease of use. I like how you can have different projects. No one tried to fool me. It’s good.

Cons

At times, moving things around would be problematic and otherwise was great!

Traci
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/5/2024

Powerful but a steep learning curve

Pros

When I tell people about Asana I call it Spreadsheets on steroids. I love that it is familiar but more robust.

Cons

There is so much to it that I am struggling to learn it. I don't use it that often but it is because I don't know how to. That happened with another tool like Asana and once I learned it, it was awesome to use and I am sure Asana is the same way. I just haven't taken the time to learn all the features yet.

Enya
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 22/7/2019

Asana keeps me organized!

Switching to Asana made it easier for me to set goals, track my progress, and stay ahead of the game when it comes to managing my case load.

Pros

Asana helps me keep on top of the tasks, due dates, and sub-tasks that I need to be getting done. Unlike other case management/time management software, Asana actually works! Being able to see everything in one place helps me be able to better prioritize my tasks and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.

Cons

This is a very small thing, but one of the only things I have found that I do not enjoy is when I am on my list of tasks I am unable to move all tasks within a Section at once. I can move the Section title, but then I need to move every task individually. I wish I could drag and drop things around in batches.

Airtable

MyCase

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I chose Asana over the other case management softwares that we tested out because Asana was by far the easiest to learn, the easiest to understand, and the more user-friendly one to navigate.
Amber
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 19/6/2020

Asana Review

We have really been able to streamline processes using asana. Also, being able to really have one place to house all info about a project. I also love using the workload feature. This way I can work with sales to see who needs more work and who is about to go on overload.

Pros

User friendly, ability to use minimal features to as in depth as you want. This helps a lot for my Executives that don’t need to know the ins and outs. Also, the training videos help tremendously to on-board a new employee who has never used the software before. I don’t have to come up with my own.

Cons

Still waiting on Forms that can be created and used at a Team level and not just a project level. I’d love to be able to do more automation with in the software itself. Right now I have to use google forms and zapier to do any if/then functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

It was not robust enough.

Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Asana

User friendly, consistent updates and improvements, integration ability, cost, and most importantly, you listen to your users.
Vanessa

Reviewed on 17/10/2020

Asana helps me stay organized and on track, it's not always perfect but it's always improving

I use Asana a daily basis in my work and personal life. I get my thoughts laid out and am sure to enter all of the tasks I need to keep on my radar so they are out of my head and I can sleep at night! I love how I can also
I love the basic set up of Asana. I had been using it for years in my jobs, my business, and even my personal life. I love how well it helped me keep track of my tasks and projects. It helps me see what I need from different views but also keep items on my radar in my own projects while keeping them on the radar on my teammates projects.
I love all of the features it has and keeps adding. And most of all I really appreciate that even though it is not a perfect tool it is constantly improving. Their Rules (automations) seem like a great start as it is a new feature, I'm already making use of it. It's very helpful that tasks can live in multiple projects and that you can switch from different views (previously you had to pick one and could not change it).
The custom fields come in handy all of the time!

Pros

I love the basic set up and that you can switch between different views (when previously you had to choose one).
Portfolios are great for keeping an eye on multiple projects.
Having the ability to add tasks to multiple projects is a big plus and very helpful so that tasks can be seen from various perspectives. It's helpful also having the tag feature to group related tasks from various projects.
It's great that I can add emails straight to the projects as tasks and it's clickable so if I need to get more info or reply to the email its easy to find and open.
Custom fields are incredibly helpful so we can get the customized information that we need.
Forms I a great feature as well though I haven't been able to get much use of them as they are right now.

Cons

There are minor items that I'm not satisfied with. Automations/rules are very limited & it seems unnecessary to limit the # per project. The triggers & actions are also pretty limited but I understand this is a newer feature. I wish they'd incorporate tags into the automations.
It also seems that the Gmail extension has not been updated in a long time. I wish some of the features were incorporated. For instance, I'd like to note what section of a project a task goes in while saving it. It's not very helpful if I need to go & find it in Asana to edit it.
I wish there were a better way to work with templates, I don't like that templates look like regular projects in your list. It'd also be great if we could have templates for tasks as well.
I wish there was a way to organize your favorites, perhaps by having sections. It'd be helpful if milestones could have a start & end date.
The inbox is a bit overwhelming, it seems to capture everything & while you can just focus on the important items (like mentions) it still feels cluttered when you're on the main view & see every little update.
Reporting could be improved on. It's a bit glitchy whenever you make a change to the report, you have to resave & also the only format that is helpful to me is the CSV but I wish it would produce a Google sheet & I wish we could control what fields get exported.
I wish forms had more conditional logic as I can't really use them well as is.

Ronald
Ronald

Reviewed on 2/1/2021

The tool you knew you needed

Asana has helped us to improve processes and communications. With the team clearly seeing where they're getting involved and also being notified of when they must jump in, productivity has increased. We can clearly track projects, small or large, and leave notes and questions whenever it's needed. Our corporation decided to stop using other tools and switch to Asana. The first steps were a bit rough but in a week everybody started to share the things they were learning and 2 weeks later everybody was used to it. With every chance we have we use it for more complex tasks and projects, and so far we are really thankful for the change. I must say that if we were a small company we probably wouldn't need all the flexibility Asana offers. Some of the competitors are more than enough for a small portion of the cost. But if your team is big enough and projects are very complex and frequent, Asana is the right tool for you to simplify it all as you always dreamed of.

Pros

I'm in love with its ability to easily track and manage projects that have many actors and tasks/subtasks. It includes all you need, from timeline to unlimited file sharing. It can be as good as a replacement for long email threads. In here you can keep al focused in the individual parts. The fact that you can have sections, tasks and subtasks also allows you to divide a project into phases/areas/modules, have a responsible for each and they can individually plan their tasks and subtasks. This won't remove the possibility of adding dependencies between sections and areas. Instead, it will give you the freedom to plan ahead from top to bottom. Beautiful! You can always reference other people, tasks, etc. and whenever these get renamed, all the references will instantly update. It's absolutely flexible: if you close a task by accident you can undo it. Actually, you can undo everything! No risk of breaking the entire project with a missclick.

Cons

The only downside I can find so far is that it doesn't have a private message feature. It does have a Conversations section but these are visible to everybody. This represents a challenge in case some sensitive information must be shared or discussed. I'm not really sure if this is by design since visibility is a clear goal for Asana, but it's a feature that you will probably start searching for really quick. However, if you are using Asana or some other internal chat tool you'll be covered. The other "kind of" downside is that Asana is so vast an good that it can take a while to get all the basic tricks, but no doubt it's probably the best documented application I've used, so it's just a matter of a bit of patience and searching when you want to know how to do something. The team still shares tips from time to time of things they discover and it's been a great experience.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 23/3/2021

Asana is the Way to Organization

Asana is a best-in-class product. They constantly update it and make improvements and provide tons of value whether you're a free or paying customer.

Pros

-Fantastic UI
-Quick and easy to learn
-Simple but powerful
-Love the Kanban boards
-Love the ability to nest sub-tasks into main-tasks as well as subtasks in other subtasks.

Cons

The one thing I don't like is the inability to see all of my assigned tasks across all of my different Asana boards.

Jira , Zoho Projects and Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana was a better fit for us than the project management software we used before. It's much more intuitive and extraordinarily powerful. It keeps our small team very productive.

Confluence

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana is the best-in-class product compared to the alternatives. While Jira is excellent for development teams, Asana does work well for our engineers, despite lacking some software-development specific features. Also, Gitlab offers a great free integration with Asana for tracking git repos updates.
Roldan
Roldan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 13/9/2022

Best choice or good alternative

Good! Asana is not as difficult to get the hand out with. I did manage to set-up all my tasks and projects personally. Though, I haven't used it for a long time when I did tested Monday.com.

Pros

I can bet in all of Asana's features from Task management, Scheduling, Materials management, Gantt Charts, Collaborations and the likes. Save for time tracking which is not (yet) available.

The Free Pricing however, is generous enough to collaborate with up to 10 or 15 more individuals. Other top PMS has less to nothing - or just one user allowed.

Cons

User Interface. Asana needs to improve on there user interface to be at par with Monday.com. I've been using Monday and never looked back (except maybe if someday they will overrun Monday with features.

Time Tracking. This one matters for some users, specially freelancers and online nomads alike. Just wondering why this wasn't integrated just yet.

Set-up. It wasn't that easy to get started for non-techie users. So patience a virtue. Though PMS are understandably complicated, Monday take the pie in this domain.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Well, upon company decision and me as consultant. Monday duly meets our startup company's needs and wants.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I choose Asana the first time. But upon testing other PMS, it seems the other weighs more than Asana.
Rocío

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

This is it: you found it

From free suscription to Business, I love it.

Pros

ASANA is a versatile tool able to fit all your SME needs. From the Operations Manual and Onboarding process, to task management, project planning and performance monitoring. This will make your team communication flow in remote and let you be updated on the work is being done. Comment on a task, make a brainstorming for a project, compile feedback from coworkers or clients… I doubt this is anything you can’t plan and do with ASANA. So stop searching: you found your SME management tool. Congrats!

Cons

All I found has been fixed. They develop the app constantly and hace a fluid conversation with their clients to fit their needs.

Trello and Redbooth

Reasons for Choosing Asana

It was a long time ago… Wrike was an annual suscription, heavy at loading and too complex at the beginning as to make the most of it. But Asana was very different by then (back in 2015). I left Wrike and a couple of years after, went back to rediscover ASANA. I loved all the changes I found on it.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Asana

The versatility (all the views, all the features) and the potencial of the free version (at the beginning).

Reviewed on 9/10/2023

LOVE Asana

Overall, Asana is INCREDIBLE. I love the ease of everything. Once it's set up, it requires very little maintenance. I've used Asana as a CRM, ATS, Marketing Management system, project manager, employee management, etc. It's amazing to automate tasks and for project management. It's great to implement in companies (as long as they're willing and open to using it). Highly recommend.

Pros

I am personally a big fan of Asana. My previous employer used Slack, and I hated it - it seemed clunky and hard to find things. I did a lot of research to find a better system for files, organization, project management, etc. I found Asana and fell in love. It's very similar to Monday.com. Templates are provided to make it easier to set up. There is a brief learning curve, but it's pretty easy. If you're super tech-savvy, then it takes time to set up exactly how you want, but once you do, then it's minimal maintenance. You can even automate tasks and have it integrated with other apps that you use! I love the sleek look of Asana and the overall ease. It's saved me so much time and helped keep me organized.

Cons

Only a few things that I'm not a big fan of. If you have a big team, then it gets costly pretty quickly - it's $10 - $31/per user per month, depending on the plan. Another thing is that it does take some time to set up IF you are very particular and want to automate a lot of tasks and projects. There are not many cons, considering most project management software takes time to set up and can be costly.

Faz
Faz
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 22/2/2024

Brickflow loves Asana

Fantastic so far! Love the UI/UX and also love the integrations great for our company!

Pros

We love the integrations and how seamlessely it auto saves everything we do. We love how easy it is to collaborate and how well thought out the UI/UX is. We also love prioritisation features and how forms filter in so seamlessely

Cons

We would like some Jira like features like tickets to be built in rather than using customisation as a means to create a system like it.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Just felt integrations and also workflows were better on Asana

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Just had better usability and better UI/UX
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Asana is exponentially better than Monday

Asana has been a consistent, tried and true product for me that I can depend on when I need it. Their customer support is friendly and responsive, and you can tell they are genuinely trying to help you.

Pros

Asana does it's job well, but it takes a while to get used to the platform. It is a bit messy looking and can be difficult to figure out how to set up for first time users.

Cons

Mainly it's not 'super' user friendliness when first setting up, but once you figure it out it becomes a bit easier.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

The App That Makes Me Count My Lucky Stars

Pros

Asana
If apps were food, my mouth would WATER when I mention Asana. It's not just any meal. When it comes to organizational apps, it's THE best dessert. It's SWEEEEEET!

It's the app that I'm actually using to write the draft of this review on.

Every time I need to move all my to-do's from my head onto another place, I jot them down on Asana.

I can use physical calendars, ( I actually do like them)... but Asana has been the ONE system that I use to jot down my goals, to-do's , projects, systems, outlines, notes, reminders, pretty much everything except my shopping list and things I have to fully write.

I love this app so much that I'm actually quite proficient at using it thanks to a course that I took called Asana HQ http://bit.ly/asanahq.

It has taught me how to maximize my account that I created using my own domain.

The beauty of Asana is that it's simple to use, easy to create lists on, group those things into tasks or projects and just literally move forward in life.

I have become considerably more proficient in life thanks to Asana. Yes you can buy a computer, and buy some software and gear for your dreams... but if you don't have a tool in place that allows you to nudge yourself forward, you'll most likely be stuck for a very long time.

Asana is SO great that I count my lucky stars knowing that it's free.

Try it... and don't be surprised if you fall in love with it.

It's perfect for the little thoughts you don't want to forget, it's also perfect for the

Cons

I can't think of anything.

I like it that much.

If I had a magic wand, maybe more free features would be nice. I wish they added a progress bar to your tasks or projects to visiaully better be able to gauge the progress we're making. But it's already a great app.

Heidi

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree

I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

Pros

I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that.

I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes.

If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

Cons

There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat.

Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.

Oussama
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

Amazing control with Asana

From my personal experience, I managed the marketing and sales team at Indaxia for three years across the Asana platform including social media and the company website.
Asana allowed me to save a lot of time and cost since our eight sub-centers are hundreds of miles apart, and I was able to juggle different tasks such as supervising contract graphic designers, reviewing sales reports for sales staff and even running various meetings with the help of the Zoom platform
During the pandemic, unlike many companies, our company's performance never declined because we were used to working across Asana before the Covid pandemic and in great coordination, so we were fully prepared to deal with such a situation.
With the exception of some minor modifications, I see Asana as one of the most prominent platforms that provide the user with an integrated and exceptional experience in its category.

Pros

In fact, the most distinctive thing about Asana is its integration as an application, which allows it to have complete control over all aspects of your projects and even your personal life, arranging your priorities and organizing your time and work team as you see fit.
The interface of the application is very beautiful and distinctive, easy to use, whether from the phone or the computer, a very consistent design and a very successful selection of colors, which creates visual comfort.

Multiple options in organizing and categorizing your documents, enabling linking to websites and social networking sites and managing them through the platform is very useful for emerging businesses or even large organizations to save time and costs and ensure timely commitment in performing the required work.
Asana's performance reports are really impressive, and allow you to monitor your performance and that of your team as a whole and easily diagnose and remedy problems if any exist.

Cons

In such applications, I really like that there is flexibility in controlling the background and modifying it to suit the tastes of users, and the point here is that the application allows the user to add pictures of his company or his work team or anything related to the user as a background to the application, this really enhances the sense of belonging to users
I really hope that in the future Asana will devise a way to remind users of upcoming deadlines through automated phone calls, as email is often not useful in circumstances of heavy tasks and messages
I also like to always remind the importance of direct linking with other business platforms such as delivery platforms, freelance, and others, in order to meet all the needs of users through the platform, and this will be by investing strongly in the development of suggestion and recommendation systems because it is really a necessary feature for this type of platforms

Cindy
Cindy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 21/5/2018

Asana Changed Our Entire Workflow

It makes my job much easier. It helps office staff be more self-directing, and it keeps us organized on our management team.

Pros

It's accessible from my phone or my desktop. I have several ways of accessing my "to do list" now - I keep on top of my work and projects I'm even peripherally involved in via the inbox. I can filter to just "my tasks" or I can specifically choose a project and view all of its tasks. I can check out the calendar view to see what's going on with a broad look, or I can view individual tasks and all of the subtasks to manage them at a narrower scope. This app connects our management team, some of whom are almost always in the field, so that we can all work together. It's practically eliminated the need for internal emails. We love it. It keeps all of our information relevant, quickly-accessible, and current. Everyone has the most updated news on all of the projects he or she is involved in, so it makes everything move much more quickly, especially in invoicing and business development. One company I work for uses the free version, and I freelance for a company who uses the paid version. It's free or inexpensive, and it works wonders. I like it better than any of the competitors I've tried. The customer service and development teams are pretty transparent and active on their user forums, so that's a plus, too.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that once you pick a format for a project, it can't be changed. You can choose to have project organized as a list or as a "board" (think of it like a page full of sticky notes). I have one project that has gotten a lot bigger since I created it, and it would be much better managed at this point as a list, but I'll have to replace it with a list-based project in order to do that. Not a deal-breaker, but definitely should be an option. They're aware of it, and it's on their priority list. I just can't wait til it's released.

Juanma
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 18/9/2023

Ideal for complex orgs and team collaboration, although too much for the simplest use cases

I've used Asana for many years at multiple companies, and I've never lacked any critical feature regardless of how complex the collaboration was among the teams. The positive impact is multiplied when everyone uses it, across multiple teams, including intake forms, and cross-functional project management.

Pros

I love Asana for managing multiple complex projects at the same time. I've used several similar tools, and it's the best I've seen so far. The ability to have a complex hierarchy, timing, sub-tasks, different owners, multiple projects and timelines, project templates... is everything you need. As a product marketing leader it was essential to collaborate with multiple teams at the same time to launch new products, with a very specific timeline involved in each project. Some of these projects were also periodically repeated (e.g. product releases, or content updates), so the ability to create a very detailed template including the timeline itself was essential to our success as a company.

Cons

If there's something I don't like is the unnecessary complexity it creates when individually you also want to use it for your own tasks. Everything ends up buried in an ocean of notifications and multiple tasks from other projects, so it was hard to keep up. Most recently at my last company, we had to switch to Trello because not every team across the company was using Asana. That was a terrible decision and we ended up switching to yet another tool.