About Pipeline

PipelineDeals allows users to manage their contacts, qualify leads, and track leads and deals within a singular, cloud-based program. The system provides both sales engagement and CRM while providing daily pipeline snapshots,...

Browse Pipeline Reviews

• Industry: Investment Management

Best fit for our Small Business

Overall, I like PipelineDeals. It's a good combination of utility, value, and good customer service.

Pros

After trialing 5 different CRM providers, we found some to be complicated. Others required too much manual entry. For me, PipelineDeals met our requirements because it is straightforward to use. In our experience, PipelineDeals' customer service appeared superior with response time and support. Many CRM companies require you to use their knowledge base and do-it-yourself, but Pipeline Deals offers live chat, email and live support (no automated attendant, you call and a live rep answers!) For our small business, great support and quick answers to our questions encourage us to use Pipeline Deals consistently and use it better.

Cons

Wish there were more integrations that made it easier to connect to other programs. I also think the mobile app could be better.

Phil
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

A powerful tool for planning sales activities

Overall I find it a very good tool - my challenge really is just to utilise the full range of features. i.e. I'm sure there are even more great ways I can use it still to be discovered!

Pros

Is fairly easy and quick to master the basics, with plenty of extra power available to dig into as you get experienced with the platform. Has allowed me to keep much better track of contacts and my communication / activity with clients and prospects. The ease of setting up different filtered 'lists' (e.g. opportunities, pending proposals, commissioned projects etc.) and easily adjusting filters 'on the fly' is one of my favourite features.

Cons

When we first imported our data from a different CRM system we did experience some difficulties - with some accounts people associated with different (wrong) staff members. So, I think this is something to talk to the Pipeline Deals support team about proactively UP FRONT - i.e. to maximize your chance of the switchover going smoothly

Teresa
  • Industry: Warehousing

Experience user

Overall experience with Pipeline deals would be in the middle of satisfy and unsatisfied. If the issues that I can across were handle with more concern and fixable, then I would be 100% satisfy. I feel that the issues I can across will not be fixed and this is why I am 50/50.

Pros

Pipeline Deals has the right idea when it comes to a CRM for small businesses. What I liked most about this software is
how well it works with Excel. Some people look at excel data sheets and get overwhelmed. Pipeline deals shows your data in a more friendly, easy to read and understand your data. It allows you to manage your contacts, emails, sales, calendar, meetings, etc. All of your work in one place which makes managing your sales easier, and connect with your customers on a more personal level, this allows you to meet your clients goals, needs, and wants.

Cons

Pipeline deals has an error message that reads,
You've reached the 10,000 record display limit. Set filters to narrow your results. This is not helpful at all for anyone.

Pipeline deals is not compatible with an old outlook app, and outlook calendar does not sync with pipeline deals, this is inconvenience and hard to keep up with syncing pipeline deals calendar to the outlook calendar. I dislike the fact that you have to use an IMAP outlook account.

Pipeline deals does not allow you to track emails when you add people to your cc, it only allows you to track one email contact at a time, unless you create a campaign, which in most cases, we rarely do this.

Pipeline deals customer support line only limit to basic knowledge on how to do something, if there is a technical
issues beyond that, the C.S.R then needs to create a case and have someone get back to us, and in most cases, the technical person can not help.

Top Pipeline Alternatives

• Industry: E-Learning

Pipeline Deals Fan

I manage a global sales network. I use PLDs to manage their sales process across many time zones and geographic locations. This tool has helped greatly to understand what is happening and where.

Pros

I have been using PLDs since 2010. It took me about two days to set up a custom sales tool that meets our specific needs to manage the sales pipeline, and I am not particularly technical. Sales Force told me that I would need a consultant and about 2 weeks to get this done. Over the past 8 years PLDs has implemented many refinements and improvements and new features. Underlying all of this is the excellent support provided in the form of the knowledge base, video tutorials that are byte sized, and support agents who are knowledgable and personable. I can buy software from anywhere. My choices are based on what happens when I have a problem. Pipeline Deals excels at providing great support!

Cons

This is not really a PLDs-created issue, however I use LinkedIn to generate leads by importing a contacts picture, email address, phone number etc. Around 2014, LinkedIn has changed their code and PLDs was unable to support this feature. I really miss that feature.

Irene
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 6/2/2019

Modest tool that offers great support

We could personalise Pipelinedeals enough to suit our needs as a company, specially in terms of sales information management, we did not acquire the CRM tool yet . We are able to manage our deals and leads in a centralised way.

I strongly recommend this tool, it is modest but effective. I strongly believe the team behind it is passionate about their jobs. They are releasing new functionalities every while and customer service is excellent.

I think it is the perfect fit for small/medium companies.

Pros

-Great support service, friendly, fast & effective
-Easy to learn, it has a lot of potential to personalise it depending on the company needs
-Great value for the price, specially if we compare it with other software, much more expensive and in which the learning time it is a bit longer

Cons

-Constraint in terms of reporting, they have developed an API for excel to export personalised reports, however I believe more functionalities around reporting should be developed
-Tutorials and webinars are mainly focus for beginners, it would be nice if you develop some more customer support for those who have been using the tool for a while, I believe the tool is a bit lack of this kind of material

Laura
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Functional and Nible

We're better able to keep track of our contacts throughout the City across multiple team members as well as track long term projects and assign various tasks to team members. We're also able to report out our progress which is helpful in making sure we're on target to meet our goals.

Pros

This software is easy to use and customizable. It doesn't cost as much as some of their competitors, but does a ton to track deals and projects. I also very much appreciate the ability of their programmers to incorporate a suggestion fairly quickly and they are always looking for ways to improve the software.

Cons

It can be a real pain to input all the information from business cards we receive. It would be super helpful to have an integration that allowed your phone to take a photo and scan in the information to upload to Pipeline Deals.

Jonathan

A great, simple CRM

Having used some of Pipeline Deals competitors, including one of the biggest names in the CRM field, I find Pipeline deals to be a perfectly suitable CRM option with great user support.

Pros

Pipeline Deals has a clean interface. It's easy to use, and from the perspective of a manager, it's the sort of thing that somebody who isn't too technical (or organized) can still use efficiently. At the same time, for people who are excited about CRM functionality and drilling into client data (like me) there are some powerful tools to really target exactly the set of clients you want.
I also like the fact that when you call user support, a real human being answers the phone who is able to resolve your issues for you on the spot.

Cons

The only real issue I have with Pipeline Deals is I'd like a way to set priority on tasks either by colour code, or being able to drag and drop their order top to bottom on the calendar and agenda.

Mustafa

Easy to use CRM

We use Pipeline Deals to manage our leads and sales pipeline. What we like most about this CRM is the ease of use and an ability to create custom fields on Customer, Companies and Deals level.

Its very easily adaptive and the interface itself is very clean. Offers great reporting features as well. We are also using Pipeline Deals as our daily task management system and it let us very easily manage our followups and daily to'dos

Pros

Cons

Nothing as such. As for now, we are very much satisfied with PLD and it covers most of all our requirements.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Easy to use with customizable reports

Overall, our organization has had a very positive experience with PipelineDeals. Years later and we're still learning how to customize and utilize the options.

Pros

Mostly, I like that I can create reports based off of several different types of data, from custom field data to monetary figures.

Cons

Least of all I do not like that one can't remove past users. We can create an archive team and place them there, but their data and names show up in places where deals cross over still. I'd like to see an option where we can either completely migrate their data or delete totally.

Camerin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

PipelineDeals has increased our revenue by over 300%!

Using the software is as easy as it gets. Working with the support team is always a pleasure!!

Pros

PieplineDeals is incredibly easy to customize and use. We have over 100 PipelineDeals users across our franchise group. EVERY user has made it clear that they would not be able to track sales progress as easily as PipelinDeals has made it.

Cons

There are no real cons to PipelineDeals! I only say this because when there is a feature that is not already built into the program, you can put in a feature request and the development team will add the feature.

Jason
  • Industry: Design

Overall PipelineDeals Review

We use PipelineDeals to manage incoming new business leads / potential clients. We typically get new requests and then input the information all at once into each category (which is cumbersome—i would love to be able to open person/company/deal as one step, as i have lots to copy/paste into the forms—it would help to have all that possible at once as I get the information piecemeal from emails, linkedin, etc.)

Pros

I do like the way I can split out my incoming client roster by deal, person, or company. I appreciate that I'm able to create upcoming tasks based on any of those categories.

Cons

I find the way deal/person/company is split out into tabs (and otherwise into a table view) to be cumbersome. I think some deep, clever, interesting, strategic user experience based on how real people would like to use this kind of tool would be key for bringing PipelineDeals to the next level. I also do like that i can bring in LinkedIn bios into PipelineDeals with a Chrome extension, but I do wish two things: 1) i could do that for companies as well as individual people, and 2) i could be offered a way to edit the info quickly before i submit it into PipelineDeals. Example: i use Evernote, and the plugin allows me to choose a page to grab, but before it's done it allows me to change the name of the note, add tags, etc.

Cash
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 3/10/2016

More Bang for the Buck!

Having used SalesForce.com in prior sales/marketing roles, it is hard to deny SF's dominance and superiority in the CRM space. However, it is equally hard to deny that SF is the highest priced solution available, especially when you factor in the investment of time and consultation fees required to tailor SF for your specific needs and preferences.

Given this we began a diligent search through the CRM jungle to determine if there was a CRM solution that offered most of the same capabilities as SF "out of the box", for less money. Our matrix of candidates winnowed down very quickly to Pipeline Deals. PLD provided all of the SF type capabilities that we needed, such as email tracking, mass email tracking, account & deal history management, remote access via iPhone App, Deal stage tracking, customization, and excellent customer service. So, all of the attributes and capabilities that we admired about SF were present in PLD, but for much less money, and with a much easier set-up process, and with a much better and more accessible customer service team.

PLD has been an exceptionally good CRM for our needs and expectations at a more competitive price point.

Pros

Ease of use and capabilities. Customer service. iPhone App. Email Tracking. Email interface.

Cons

Calendar doesn't sync with my Outlook or iCal calendars. There is no 'Click to Dial' VOIP option. Historical view under a contact or deal is a little cumbersome and wonky. Does not have SF's capability in customizing the historical view, Person view, company view.

Duana

Reviewed on 28/10/2016

There is NO other option than Pipeline Deals for CRM as far as our company is concerned!

We have been a customer with Pipeline Deals for many years. We are extremely pleased with the quality of customer service and continued growth and development of the application. Pipeline Deals is such a useful tool that we not only use in our global ministry, but also our Christian Resort and multi-national corporation. We have NEVER had any downtime or experienced any inconvenience, so Pipeline Deals has EARNED our 100% trust as our preferred technology tool to manage all of our contact data.

Pros

Flexibility, accessibility, ease in use, automation, simply import/export features, mobile use,

Cons

In next release, I recommend having a user-defined access level for Executive users to ONLY have access to certain work-groups assigned to them for certain projects, and not limit this feature to Managers with users that work directly under them.

Response from PipelineDeals

Thanks for the review, Duana!

Replied 24/3/2017
philip

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Enabling your salesforce without bogging them down in process

Pipelines solves the issue of providing the reps with an easy to use and quick solution to account and deal management whether in the office or on the road which provides no excuse for not adding relevant data as it happens or shortly afterwards resulting in more time to sell and more available data for management.

Pros

Ease of use across all platforms including mobile make the sales reps ability to use this for look-ups, recording notes, task and deal management very simple.

Cons

forecasting is not great from a management perspective, the ability to manipulate the forecast into a hierarchy that goes from rep to manager to VP etc is non existent unless you customize it. Also major account management where you want to have access to political spheres of influence on an org chart for example or interconnected deals can not be done without attachments

Monte

CRM Review

Overall it's been pretty good. They are responsive when you call and are willing to help you through any issues. They don't always have the answer to the problem....but they do all they can to figure it out when possible. There are probably more thorough CRM's out there......but bang for the buck, I have to think pipeline deals is one of the best "values" out there. Most of the CRM's we looked at had a lot of cool features that nobody would ever use. We didn't want to pay for things our reps weren't going to use.

Pros

It's a great customer data base software. Very easy to use and user friendly. If you know Excel at all....it will be easy to pick up on this.

Cons

Lacks for producing many sales graphs or tracking demos to specific customers. You have to somewhat trick the system for you to know who you demoed to and when.

kah yong

Reviewed on 14/9/2017

Perfect for us

without this software, we have no better way to manage communication with customers, we are dealing with hundreds of new and old customers everyday, and we only need 2 or 3 employees to do that. everything is recorded in the deals and we know what is going on (without relying on our memories). Communication between team members is fanstasic, we dont even have to work side by side to communicate.

Pros

Nice and simple design, easy to use, lots of useful function, easy to customize, great support. what else? almost perfect, our team rely heavily on this software everyday to deal with hundreds of clients and so far it has never disappoint us

Cons

not too sure.. maybe cannot 100% customise the function. but this is not an in-house built CRM and so far it works perfectly for me and i believe it will do for many small medium business.

• Industry: Internet

Using Pipeline

Primarily keeping track of leads, where they are in the process, and occasional mail campaigns

Pros

Pipeline is a relatively easy to use platform for CRM, sending out email campaigns etc. Most of us want simplicity when using these and pipeline does provide that. Has just the features and needs that one looks for without being overly complicated.

Cons

I like it but I think colleagues that maybe like features, more tech etc think it is too basic or that one would need another platform to do campaigns like a mailchimp/constant contact. Maybe the platform could be clearer about how that works and whether a company needs to use another mail feature when they can do it all on Pipeline. Im not sure about that.

Trish
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Affordable Option with a Few Drawbacks

Pros

PipelineDeals is a fairly full-featured CRM at a very reasonable price. While the interface can be a bit convoluted and reporting perhaps more complicated than necessary, the support team is very responsive and the development team seems to continually work on improvements and adding functionality.

Cons

PipelineDeals REALLY needs easier options for finding and merging or eliminating duplicates. This functionality is sadly lacking in what is otherwise a fairly friendly and cost effective CRM, and has been missing since we began using the product several years ago. Discussions with Support Staff have not been fruitful in this being added to the development list.

Julia

Pipeline Review February 2019

The benefits I have realized is that this is my CRM. I am able to see all of my clients on one website. This is helpful for me to focus on open deals with to-do lists, have a calendar/agenda of what is due and when, and project how much money we could be making with the deal tracker on my dashboard.

Pros

I like that my client base gets my blasted emails.

Cons

I don't like that my company has only a select few of "Administrators" that have access to our entire database of clients. Therefore it is inefficient, in a sales office, to have a hold on this information. When I look for new business, I have to wait days for the "Administrator" to provide me with if this is open business or another salesperson is already working with them.

Lee
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Robust CRM with unparalleled ease of use

We really rely on Pipeline to grow TeamFloral. From the beginning the customer service team has gone above and beyond in addressing the remarkably few issues we've had. When we've lost salespeople Pipeline gave us the ability to seamlessly shift those prospects to new staff and keep our sales process intact without costly hiccups.

Pros

PipelineDeals makes the job of managing our sales calls so simple. It naturally focuses our sales team's efforts....always moving leads forward to a resolution. Management loves it because they can see exactly where the team stands in achieving its goals.

Cons

I'd love it if the training videos were easier to find....new staff always seems to have trouble with this.

Reviewed on 25/8/2020

Pipeline Deals Review

Their support was good and they keep trying to evolve the product which is good.

Pros

It was pretty easy to set up and create custom view reports so we could track sales and onboarding activities. It synced to my email which was great.

Cons

We tried to use it for project management tracking for onboarding activities. While it sort of worked for that, the number of notification capabilities had quantity limits on it and it would have been good if notifications could have gone to customers too for each project and not just internal people.

Response from PipelineDeals

Hi Mark, thank you so much for your review and feedback. We take product feedback very seriously and really appreciate it!

Replied 28/8/2020
Warren
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

We have all our deals for all the sales people in one place. The deal entry should allow for you to show all aspects, line multiple term and rate offers, step rate offers, without hgaving to place them into the summary section.

Pros

Software is easy to use, but could be more explicit in each category.Example , in stage category, there should be an update section instead of having to go to activity or the deal summary.

Cons

The software falls short in allowing you to input all information needed for the deals. consequently you have to fall back to the summary and expand on the deal there. Example , deals with multiple term offers.

Scott

Solid budget friendly CRM

There are more robust CRMs out there, but for the price point and ease of use if you're looking for a straight forward CRM Pipeline Deals gets the job done.

Pros

PD has quirks like any CRM, but it's easy to customize, easy to clean up records en mass (via excel uploads...less so within the system), and overall is pretty well rounded for a browser based CRM.

The customer support team is quick, and on a couple occasions have gone incredibly above an beyond for us.

Cons

The integration with MailChimp isn't great. Only other complaint is with the error message received when importing duplicate records. It's great that PD recognizes dups, but the error reports don't provide the record's unique ID number, which can cause some issues here and there.

Debbie
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

Been using this for six years

In past organizations I have used Salesforce, SalesLogix, Goldmine, etc. Pipeline deals gave us what we needed without being overpriced. It's easy to use, customizable and we've been very happy with it. Some of the other CRMs were an overkill with all of their features, half of which we didn't need and they were costly.

Pros

Easy to use and customize, also the cost. We got in in the beginning and are grandfathered in to a cheaper rate, but even the current rates are still competitive.

Cons

No IP address restriction, this is a security concern. Database can not be locked down from access outside the organization.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Greatest Desktop CRM for the Money!

Keeping all of our opportunities organized and following up with customers throughout the sales process is a snap (from the desktop site)

Pros

The automation feature is a massive time saver for our team. The leads come in through our website and get distributed to our sales team with no data entry required!

Cons

The mobile app doesn't meet our needs. We want to open a quote request (lead) from the web2leads form and reply quickly by using one of the many templates we have saved on the desktop site. From the desktop this is a snap, but on the app it's just not possible.