Service Fusion Reviews

About Service Fusion

Service Fusion is an all-in-one, cloud-based field service management software. It caters to service contractors and businesses of all sizes across multiple industries. Service Fusion offers field service management, VoIP phone...

4.2

Browse Service Fusion Reviews

Reviewed on 21/3/2019

New, but VERY impressed with features for the money, and MOSTLY SUPPORT!

Again, I'm new and just started managing people in it.. but my overall feeling is I can certainly run my business on it. I'm sure some things will annoy us and we'll wish it could do this or that, but it's very flexible to a variety of service/ field businesses. We're excited about choosing it and incorporating our processes around it.

Pros

I reviewed and tested over 15 softwares to help us run our property services company, and Service Fusion was the clear winner. Although lacking in some things I would like to see, it has more in one package at a reasonable price than all the others. I'm also excited about their new version coming out.

Main reason for this review though is RAVE about the support I received from CSR; I believe a manager in support I was lucky enough to get on the phone when I called in. Before I spoke to CSR, I was still very lost on how to BEST apply the software to our business needs, and this was after 2 implementation meetings with my onboarding specialist.

Long story, short, I spoke to CSR for 4 fast hours as he let me talk outloud and verbalize the multiple "if this then that" scenarios I would wrestle with to make sure I was using SF in the most efficient way possible.
Then, after listening intently, and putting himself in my shoes, he would work with me to find the answer.

To add to the best software service I have had in years, at the end of the call, he asked me to hold as we were wrapping up 2 last points so he could say goodbye to his team as they were leaving for the day. Then, CSR spoke to me for another 30 to 45 minutes AFTER he was done for the day.

Before my call with CSR, I felt like I was a 2 out of 10 on the program. After my call, I felt like I was a 8/9 out of 10.

THAT is the type of support that will help us succeed with SF!

Cons

New so still finding things out, but 1 thing is there seem to be some fields that aren't that functional; more placeholders. If they were functional based on the data they contain, it would be amazing! For example, you can put how many manhours per unit of measure a service costs. However, when you ad a quantity, it doesn't calculate the manhours; it's more of just a placeholder?!

Reporting could be a little more custom too.

I'm hopeful some of these things are going to be addressed in V2 sometime this year, but even if they aren't, this is still a LOT of engine and features for the money.

Reviewed on 9/9/2022

Best Software for running a service-business available. (I would know, I've looked at all of...

Service fusion is the best software out there that I have seen. We used to use Smart Service and when one of their tech support agents expressed surprise that I had 8 tabs open and the software was still functioning I realized that it was a sub-par product. After that myself and our management sat through multiple software demonstrations to make sure we didn't end up with another sub-par software. Of all the demonstrations we went through, Service Fusion was, by far, the most cost effective and capable software available on the market. It runs on the internet, so we can access it from any computer or tablet without having to download any additional software. It also updates regularly, which, since it's on the web I don't have to visit each work station in the office to update software anymore, which is a huge time saver.

Pros

The most impactful features for us are all of the automatic things the software does to communicate with our customers. It emails and texts them automatically the day before an appointment and when the technician is on their way. It has the widest range of features of any service-program I've seen and it is easy to use once the system has been setup to your liking. The Service Fusion team updates the software often, so we're always up-to-date with the latest features.

Cons

The only things that could be better are:
The field application for technicians. It would be easier for us if we could create and edit inspection reports in the service fusion app itself instead of having to leave the app to fill out our reports and then upload them to the job.

Response from Service Fusion

Andrew, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with our software.

Replied 20/9/2022
Ken

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Not reliable Servers are constantly down , very overpriced for the reliability

The problem is reliability of their servers. At least several times a week they go down anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours to fix. You try running a service company when your techs cant go to the next job because the server is down. I am assured once a week that there server issues are resolved and they are not. I have been using this software for over 2 years, 6 month ago they did something because they are no longer reliable. I am paying top $ for the software . Kickserve was much more reliable and much less expensive.

Pros

As a dispatch software it does a good job

Cons

When it is working it is good , the problem in the last 6 months the server constantly goes down crippling my business

Response from Service Fusion

Ken, we understand our software's mission-critical nature and take these issues extremely seriously. I can assure you that our engineering teams are working to reduce and eliminate the risk of any similar events occurring in the future. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Replied 1/11/2022

Top Service Fusion Alternatives

Titan Workspace

Intuit Field Service Management

Jonas Construction Software

Janine

Automation is KEY!

Overall, we are so happy to have software that will grow with us. In the past, we outgrew software in a matter of months.

Pros

Service Fusion has so many options that you can create; the setup is robust but worth it. Automation is key to taking care of our clients.

Cons

There are a few limitations, but the support makes it worth sticking with.

ServiceWorks

Reasons for Choosing Service Fusion

It was very limited, and we needed more options.

Jobber

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

I liked the options better than the other company.
Carla

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

Wow, great product and great support!

We were skeptical about switching from one online program to another for our dispatch and billing needs but holy cow, so glad we did! From the beginning they have been so helpful. We can now look customers up by address, phone number, etc... We can add contacts for each job location, as many as we want, we can add service locations with notes, as many as we want... The accounting portion, unpaid invoices etc... is great. Being able to figure out what jobs haven't been billed out is simple. This program is helping us be more efficient, collect money faster and thus buy new equipment sooner. There are so many options with this program, it's truly amazing.

Pros

It is hard to say what we like most about Service Fusion because all the parts work together to help our business function at it's best. Maybe the customer support. They actually want to help us, can help us and know what they are talking about. They give answers instead of the run around, every single time without fail. It is truly amazing and compared to other programs we have used it is night and day the level of expertise and perfection.

Cons

The video tutorials. They were a bit torturous. Watching a video of a learning session that lasts a couple of hours while trying to run an emergency service company and take care of customers is asking too much.

Kevin

Reviewed on 30/4/2024

Easy to set up and use out the box

very user friendly, takes less than 30 minutes to cover what is needed for a new tech or office worker that needs to use the system.

Pros

you can import certain data fields, others are copy and paste unless you are starting from nothing. Help Desk support is fantastic, never had an issue the person on the phone could not answer - Top Notch!

Cons

everything should be able to import when setting up another account or system

Response from Service Fusion

So glad you find Service Fusion to be user friendly and beneficial to your business. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 1/5/2024

Very easy to use and the support is second to none

Very happy with the product. I think its fairly priced ane once the guys were all trained on it they like the ease of use

Pros

It was a very easy platform to get up and running. The Mobile and cloud function is such a great feature used by our staff

Cons

The employee access set up is a little cumbersome but once you get the feel for it it makes it a little easier to understand the layout.

Response from Service Fusion

We are thrilled to hear Service Fusion is a good fit for your business!

Replied 15/5/2024
Ken

Reviewed on 4/5/2024

The best decision I ever made!

The absolute best business decision I ever made. Our net profit increased at least 50% with SF. All customers information is always at our fingertips.

Pros

Scheduling, tracking, customer history and getting paid better. Everything is at our fingertips

Cons

The only thing I think could be better is service agreement scheduling and management. I also don’t like the new drop down box for receiving payments. Pictures are too slow to load.

Payzerware

I liked them both. The lower price is why I chose SF

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you so much for sharing! Service Fusion is proud to have been part of your growing business.

Replied 13/5/2024
Todd

Reviewed on 2/5/2024

Great software

Pros

Everything is working great for our needs.

Cons

Initial setup support was a little shady and creating an invoice from a walk-in customer takes a while.

Response from Service Fusion

We are constantly trying to improve our implementation processes. If you have any additional feedback on how we could have done things better, please contact our Support Team.

Replied 14/5/2024
Gloria

Reviewed on 8/7/2018

easy to use, solid software, but some basic functions are missing or not working

Pros

We are a HVAC company and have been using Service Fusion daily for lead dispatching, quote, job dispatching. It is a solid software.

Cons

However, there is on basic functions not working. When filed worker add a new service address to an exiting customer in their mobile app, the address is not searchable anymore. This caused big problem for us, and I have been calling their customer support team many times. Everyone was polite , but my problems not solved. I suggested if they couldn't fix it in there application logic, they can create a simple SQL script to run in the backend database every night, to copy all new address to customer's profile. I couldn't see any reason why this is not doable.

I am writing a review here, hoping some one from higher level of the company can hear their customer's pain and solve the problem for me.

Jake

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

Software does not SYNC to quickbooks, it PUSHES data to quickbooks. No return data.

The sales process was great, no surprise there. Maybe give some of that commission to the devs so you guys can catch up with everyone else.

Pros

They have the right idea and it's close to being a good software.

Cons

They claim (falsely) that they "sync" with QB. In reality, they only push data to quickbooks.

In our situation, we deposit checks from clients and that data is pulled automatically in QB. Service Fusion does not record the payment automatically so we must go in and apply the payment to the invoice in question.

When we return to QB, there is a double transaction from their high-tech "syncing" that cannot be removed. This results in a vastly inaccurate balance in QB.

If you call them for assistance, they basically tell you to stop syncing to QB.

So in conclusion, you can track either track finances with QB or service fusion but never both. You'll either have outstanding invoices in SF (which will email your customers telling them they're past due) or you can have totally screwed math in QB and never push invoices there.

This is not a system - more like a band-aid.

Larissa
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 3/10/2023

Interested in your money not your loyalty as a customer.

I asked very specific questions during the demo. I knew exactly what I needed and wanted in a software. I was told that their system syncs with chart of accounts in Quickbooks Online. It does not. They will not issue a refund even though I was told that their cost codes would sync with our accounts in Quickbooks. I specifically asked that question because I knew it was a deal breaker for us. I was assured that it synced easily. They do not offer a free trial and do not offer you a refund even when their sales reps lie. They also took several weeks to cancel my account after emailing and calling. I know the price seems good, but you get what you pay for.

Pros

Scheduling and Project management. It had a lot of potential. I would have rated this much higher if the company had honest practices.

Cons

Syncs to only one income account in Quickbooks. If you have more than one income account, your cost codes will not sync over. Although they told me everything syncs over in their sales pitch.

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you so much for your feedback. We will work with our sales team to be sure accurate information is always being shared.

Replied 24/10/2023
Danielle

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Overall SF is light years ahead of our previous software. They do have some things to work out, but it is very obvious that they are making changes. They are affordable and have awesome support.

Pros

Service Fusion is actively upgrading their products. The last software company I was with for about 8-ish years, not once did they upgrade anything. SF customer service is amazing. It is very easy to get ahold of them. SF is very customizable, and while that can be overwhelming with all of the various settings, their support staff is always available to help figure it out.

Cons

Sometimes it seems that the features were designed by someone who has never used it before. For example. their reporting section is atrocious. It is very obvious that whoever was in charge of designing the reporting section has never actually ran reports. I know that this is a feature that SF is currently rebuilding and I can't wait to see the new set up!

Alex

Reviewed on 2/3/2023

Reliable software that does what they say it will...

I am really happy with Service Fusion. It does what they say it will. It's reliable.

Pros

I am very happy with Service Fusion. We have found that the software performs in the way it was presented to us. I like that it integrates with QuickBooks. It is going to enable us to fully implement going paperless this year. Like any software, there is a learning curve, and it has some limitations but when you call tech support they are helpful and usually resolve or explain my issue. There are lots of report options that have reliable data. The integration to QuickBooks actually works. I think the paperless is actually appealing to customers in the estimate process and easy for them to view and accept quotes.

Cons

There are some quirks with the QuickBooks integration that would have been helpful to understand better before we transferred our data/customers into Service Fusion. I think some of the issues we've experienced, we wouldn't have had we not been working with existing customers and database. I would have been willing to pay to have had Service Fusion help more with our database and making it better to communicate within the two softwares. Our main issue we encountered was that parent/sub accounts from QB came over with all the same name and addresses. Also, our customers in QB had customer numbers in front of their names, and its an ongoing issue with the integration tool not being able to differentiate between customer numbers and job numbers. In general the integration tool seems to skew our list data in QB and we frequently have to rebuild our data and correct things. I don't consider this a Service Fusion issue, however, when we encountered it Service Fusion was able to explain it and I just wish they could have educated us on this from the get go and we could have tried to edit our database or something. If Service Fusion would have offered to help with this for a fee, I would have paid it. I wish: when you were editing a work order, to make it into a invoice, that the PO's against it stayed viewable. there were not so many clicks to invoice a call and then print it. I think in total its like 4-5 clicks/multiple new pages. PO & product catalog communicated.

Response from Service Fusion

We are so happy to hear Service Fusion will enable your business to go fully paperless this year! Service Fusion is currently working to increase our prowess and expertise on Quickbooks to make this process seamless. We hope to have better support resources soon to help you and customers with cases like yours.

Replied 27/3/2023
Crysten

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

Great for small HVAC companies

Overall our experience with Service Fusion has been great. It's a tool that will do well for any small service company. I would love to see Service Fusion step up their partnership with larger organizations like ACCA and do more with their on boarding process. We were left to figuring out how to apply the tool to our own processes and how to get the tool to do things we wanted it to do for us. Service Fusion was there for us when we have questions, but a better on boarding process with a consultant to help us set up would have saved Service Fusion teams from less questions down the road and helped us ensure we're using the tool/setting up our own methods properly in the first place. I would still recommend Service Fusion to any small business like ours.

Pros

It's allowed our small business to get more connected with customers and create a better customer database along with new payment portals not available to us before. We are still learning the tool but we've already saved time regarding payroll and getting critical data in the hands of our Technicians when they are out in the field. Connecting the field to the office support team has been critical in ensuring we're providing our best selves to the end customer.

The Service Fusion team has been incredible! They are super supportive and answer any questions we have on any given day within minutes. They have helpful videos and go the extra mile to help in every aspect. Great Team!

Cons

While there are some incredible features that have helped us, there are some limitations and clunkiness that needs to be ironed out. The dispatching views are great but limited to size of screen - having to reduce the overall screen to see our entire team doesn't give us a view of the bigger picture. The phone app doesn't allow this larger picture of schedules when we're out of the office, however the dispatch does connect to Google Calendar to get it but still makes it so we're jumping through multiple clicks to get answers to customers on our availability when we're in the field.

Reporting on schedules and tracking schedules is somewhat limited. There is no good way to handle tracking paid time off (which we offer to our employees) so we are left to creating our own work arounds to track this. We run into our teams forgetting to track their time and needing to update their time on the back end - there are ways to get it updated, but it's clunky - multiple clicks through multiple areas isn't always transparent on method.

We have clients with multiple properties and while the tool supports this model, we would love for it to track the equipment to each property so we're not having to manually look this information up. For us being in HVAC, we need a way to track the size of the air filter for a few of our customers that own hundreds/thousands of properties. Being able to tie equipment to property would be huge.

S.

Reviewed on 17/2/2017

Fantastic Software and Great Customer Service

We used Service Fusion for 1 month in a "test" environment. We liked it very much, and decided to move forward. Now, we have been using it in production for 1 week, and it has greatly streamlined our processes. Our office staff loves the intuitive user interface, along with the automated notifications that can be configured when field staff is dispatched to our customers, and as the job progresses (dispatched, on site, invoiced, etc).

The work of our field staff has also been simplified by going "paperless". The mobile app they use has all the information they need at their fingertips. Customers can sign for their work and receive e-mails at job completion with invoices if desired.

On aspect of Service Fusion that we really appreciate is that it is highly configurable. As a small example, if you don't want notifications to go to your customers, you don't need to send them. If you only want certain ones, during certain statuses of the job, you can configure that. We appreciate how the developers have designed it in such a way to be flexible and not force a company to work a certain way. For example, the ability to add custom fields for various entities (customers, jobs, equipment, etc) shows that they understand each company may have specific needs for information tracking that are not included the software's built-in fields. Giving customers this flexibility makes the software highly configurable to our needs.

Finally, our experience with Service Fusion's Support staff has been phenomenal. We've had to call in several times during our transition from our previous software for various things. Each time, we were able to work with their knowledgeable support staff who've spent the necessary time with us on the phone to solve our problems. In addition, we sent in a request for a minor enhancement to a report that would have really helped us. To our surprise, they followed up very quickly and made the enhancement we requested. Typically, our experience with software vendors is that we don't see such quick turnaround to implement enhancements. But our experience with Service Fusion is that they are very proactive and listen to their customer needs.

Based on our experience so far, not only with Service Fusion's customer support, but also with finding their software highly functional and easy to use, we would not hesitate to recommend Service Fusion for service companies like ours.

Pros

Highly configurable, easy to use, intuitive user interface.

Cons

Would like to see more customizable reporting, but what is provided out of the box is sufficient

Alex
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 9/5/2023

Very bad software company

my overall experience is poor. The system crashes weekly for hours. Support is slow. Problem solutions are non-existent. The maintenance agreement module is the worst attempt I've seen and completely useless. The limitations on importing information is horrible and their support staff takes over a week to update a live inventory count. In that time, you have to manually track ALL of your inventory moves and manually update it. The job labor section has no ability to charge sales tax. If you have a large inventory the sales tax on products will not function. They have NO offline functionality on the mobile app.

Pros

The custom documents and online customer portal brought me in. Some of the feature's work but we have had to develop more manual processes and "work arounds" The bones of this software is great. Its sad the company doesn't develop it better.

Cons

What they profess to sell you is inaccurate and onboarding personnel did a very poor job. They were very ill'-informed in their own product. I don't get the impression the owners are in touch with their customer's needs. Or maybe they just don't care.

Response from Service Fusion

We are sorry to hear you haven't loved your experience with Service Fusion. There are a ton of improvements coming in the second half of the year that address some of your concerns.

Replied 30/6/2023
Shawna

Reviewed on 27/2/2023

Easy to use, and Optimal Customer Service

I just started using Service fusion 8 months ago, at first I was scared I would mess up the whole process of customers and scheduling my technicians. But Service Fusion has proven over and over again their product is easy to use, implement, and there really isn't much that you can't "undo" if you make a mistake. If I can't figure out how to do something all I have to do is contact customer service and they walk me through step by step!

Pros

The easy of use for this product is amazing! If I think there might be a better way to do a task, I can always reach out to Customer care and they are fabulous in trouble shooting my ideas.

Cons

The only drawback is when there are more than on tech on a job, the real time data is not available on the calendar home page.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

The ease of use and the cost

Response from Service Fusion

Your feedback is valued! Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.

Replied 27/3/2023
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Member or owner

There is really no excuse that your service goes down. Also getting our text numbers back to our main number not a 888 number still is a problem.

Pros

It works

Cons

When your service go down.

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We are actively working to improve the stability of our software as well as the portal for registering your original phone numbers to be able to make the switch back.

CM

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

Beware of this Program!

Our experience with this company has been very poor. Our Company has been using Service Fusion for over a year. Please be aware that our experience with their customer support has been terrible. The program is buggy and Developers are slow to fix problems. You seldom hear back from them about the status of an issue. We have been unable to manage our inventory/books now for weeks because there are major bugs in that part of the program. The program is supposed to be integrated with Quick Books, but that has been a nightmare for us. We have been trying to get data to sync from Service Fusion to Quick Books for the past four months! No one returns our phone calls. We've even left messages for management and they won't respond to our phone calls. Customer support doesn't take responsibility for helping to find resolution to problems. If you value your business data, please think twice before you trust your information to this company!

Pros

General Interface is quite user friendly.

Cons

There are a lot of bugs in this software. The reporting is very limited and you can't get all of your data out of the system. Some of the reports are currently providing bad data and cannot be used. They are slow to fix issues and there is no customer service support.

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

Managing Member

Up until December 2022 and January 2023 it was a 5 star experience. If you plan to process credit card transactions, there is a possibility that you may be dissatisfied with that part of the platform. We are currently working through a solution or could consider finding another platform.

Pros

The program platform is very good to excellent for the HVAC industry, especially when we compared the platform more than 2 years ago to other platforms.

Cons

At the end of the 2022 fiscal year, Service Fusion changed its gateway process for credit card transactions and we are no longer allowed to use the credit card processing company we had used for several years. The research being asked by what is appears to be a 3rd party vendor is very comprehensive. Because we did not provide information, they held up an $8,000 transaction and shared they would not process payment to us either for 90+ days or until we provide information.

Brian
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 20/2/2017

Handles a lot but too many bugs

This is a complex program. I strongly recommend the training videos. Things do not seem to work as expected. This program is way too much for a one person shop. Be wary of glitches. Estimates and payments are sorted by day - all months and years are mixed together. Deposits get lost in Quickbooks online causing accounting issues that need to be tracked down and fixed. Estimates that are given to customers are not easy to track down - you need to look for them by global search. It is difficult to find estimates except through the estimate dashboard. I never got the parts part to work - it requires entering parts to the program, then to the supplier then... I could not use it. I don't have enough time in the day to do all the entering. Very slow on a network. Use a fast computer. If your internet goes down, you are stuck. You cannot get your data back. You are stuck with it.

Pros

Handles almost any part of a service shop you can ever require. Handles things I never thought of.

Cons

Very complex interface. Some important details are always off screen, like tax settings for customers. The remote app has glitches and may not work as expected - I am experiencing issues with parent customers. It is hard to follow the status relationship automatics when creating an estimate, then a job and then an invoice. Payments and deposits often get lost in Quickbooks even when Service Fusion says everything updated correctly.

Geovanni

Reviewed on 17/10/2020

This changed my LIFE

I just love this software. Everything has been so easy to use and so easy to create new jobs.

Pros

User friendly interface! I really love how it communicates with clients when tech changes his status.

Cons

Limitations on phone app. I really wish the interface on the App had more functionality and more customizable settings.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Restaurants

From Service CEO to Service Fusion

Pros

User friendly interface, ability to use on mobile device.

Cons

limited customizations on some features. limited ability to create specific reports for example, Can not export statements like on other platforms. Can not take payments for multiples locations at the same time if they are separate accounts.

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently working on improving the reporting module. We hope it solves your issues!

Rick

solid product

we like the software, it does what we need it to do and has improved over the years we have used it.

Pros

scheduling, mobile app, estimating are good

Cons

reporting is not very good, cant get the information out in a useable way for analysis.

Response from Service Fusion

We appreciate your review! We are currently working to update the reporting module. Stay tuned!