UpKeep Reviews

Visit Website

About UpKeep

UpKeep is an Asset Operations Management solution that helps businesses scale by giving every Maintenance and Reliability team the tools and information they need to run Operations efficiently and effectively. From your desktop...

4.7

Browse UpKeep Reviews

1,330 of 1,330 reviews
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Upkeep can change your whole maintenance program

It's as good at the information provided, which is made better because once it's in there, its accessible to anyone and over time, can provide information

Pros

Information, details, knowing what was done on a machine last time, it means that you don't necessarily have to do the same job twice. If a problem comes back and was misdiagnosed last time you can review what was done and see if you can find where the actual issue is.

Locations, parts, assets, you can put them all into this software and down to the bolt you can provide details on any of them.

Cons

The UI needs work, especially when moving parts around or finding assets in a location. Having a naming standard helps a lot. If you know that an item belongs at a specific site, having a clear site name along with what it is makes a difference.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Paul!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for all of your feedback! We are so happy to hear UpKeep is providing value to you and your team and helping to improve your maintenance program. Your feedback regarding the UI of the Parts page is valuable and we will make sure to bring it to the attention of our Product team.

Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve the app and make our customer's workflows as seamless as possible.

Have a great day!

Replied 14/11/2019
Ryan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

A great start!

My experience over the first month with UpKeep has been very positive. The team in California have been checking in to provide support and they've sent us a ton of QR labels for our assets and stock room. I have worked with five different CMMSs over the past several years and have been responsible for two implementations. This has been the smoothest and easiest one so far... configuration has been easy and it's been warmly welcomed by my team and the organization as a whole.

Pros

The ease of use and functionality check all of the boxes I was looking for. I get updates on my phone, can track work, and share what we're doing throughout our organization in a way that is simple to understand. The cost and very low barrier to entry has been a huge plus as well.

Cons

There have been little quirks with the system that have taken a little getting used to. Updating PMs or creating a PO, for example, can be difficult when you click off the screen to update a piece of that (check list, asset, or part) and then the whole thing that was being worked on is lost. Having discreet location differences for assets and stock rooms would be nice, too.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

Low cost, low barrier to entry, and the ease of hitting the ground running (fast) is why we've gone with, and are going to continue with, UpKeep.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We all LOVE your dinks!

We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your assets and facility!

Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager.

Jamie
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 28/2/2019

A very strong start, but a long way to go yet.

We all like it, but the glitches are too slow at being corrected. I really don't want to switch companies but it has come up recently. I like working with the support team, they always seem very willing to help. Unfortunately the solutions they provide are hardly ever agreeable with me. I think that is usually no fault of theirs, but rather that we keep reaching the end of the program's capabilities. That is frustrating for me.

Pros

I really love the layout and the ease of use. I also appreciate the diverse application to many different uses. The fact that you can access it from a phone or a computer is amazing. Very convenient that way.

Cons

RECURRING WORK ORDERS! There are so many glitches when you start making work orders recur. I've tried my best to provide feedback on this because it is really starting to be a deal breaker but the problems continue.

1) duplicates pop up constantly and they don't go away easily.
2) The scheduling options for recurring work orders is totally bad. Model it after Google Calendar first, then add options to make it more detailed. The fact that you can't schedule seasonal tasks without some silly back-end procedure to duplicate the work orders every year is highly frustrating.
3) Gonna need a little more flexibility in the different categories of user. My techs need to be able to create their own work orders without being a complete access administrator. There should be something in between. I trust my guys and they know their jobs, I don't need to make all their work orders for them.
4) I'd like to see some improvement in the template modules. I've not been able to benefit from them realistically even though I've tried. When you go to add them into a work order it just never seems to make much sense.

Top UpKeep Alternatives

Reviewed on 2/3/2020

Very User Friendly

UpKeep is helping us to formally document what maintenance we have been doing all along. it also allows everyone to see what is happening and when, which assists in scheduling. Proper documentation of maintenance is becoming a necessity to maintain our current customers and attract new business. In setting up our system, it also provided an opportunity to exam our current practices and make some improvements.

Pros

We are using UpKeep for our maintenance needs throughout the facility. I made an outline to help me plan how I wanted things to work and it was easy to tailor the system to all of our needs. I found the meters particularly useful. There is plenty of videos online available for those of us who learn visually. (like me)

Cons

To date we haven't really found a downside to the software. Like most new programs there is a period of adjustment, but it was very brief.

FaciliWorks CMMS and Fiix

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

UpKeep seemed to be the most cost effective, user friendly method to achieve our goals.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility.

Replied 16/4/2020
Brian
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 8/10/2019

Intuitive software that is easy to setup and use daily

Wonderful and knowledgeable sales team

Pros

• Work request portal and app design- easy to use and very precise
• All staff can input requests and can easily check progress by viewing work order
• Front desk can make appointments and have real time info when inquiries are made
• Technicians see work request creation in real time.
• Increased productivity
• Work orders priorities flagged to ensure quick response times
• Central hub to manage all info to improve organization
• Ability to generate work requests via app
• Inventory tracking and resident billing
• Asset management
• Reports

Cons

• No notification that invoices need to be processed

Hippo CMMS

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

Easy of use that exceeded our needs

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

Sales team willingness to trial the software along with ease of setup and mobile use
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 2/4/2024

Not Too Happy So Far

Pros

If the system worked properly I would be happy with it. unfortunately at this time the system is frustrating to work with.

Cons

contacted [sensitive content hidden] at customer service in regards to the scrolling issue that i am experiencing. [sensitive content hidden] brought it up @ 3 weeks ago at a "Bug" meeting. i have not seen a resolution and have not recived an update. i did ge a temporary work around that is not that great for me. also non of the techs can get the book mark feature to work at all.

Steve
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Upkeep is a great solution!

Our Maintenance team has a increased productivity workflow as a result of Upkeep

Pros

Ease of use, end users have no issues 99% of the time.

Cons

Maybe add comments section for assignee to comment on work order once completed

Hippo CMMS

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

Simplicity, price, ease of use. UI is easy to decipher for our Maint dept.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team.

Abbey
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 7/11/2019

Skylawn Memorial Park Word Orders

My experience has been amazing. I dealt with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she has been very helpful with explaining the product and choosing the right package.

Pros

I really enjoy this software because we keep every work order in one system. At Skylawn we were constantly loosing paperwork and falling behind on our duties. With this system it prevents loss and keeps our customers happy.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about this software. All I could really recommend is having more customization with all the different plans.

MaintainX

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

We made the switch because we are wasting a lot of paper and it will make it easier to track all work orders from one device.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

UpKeep had more to offer. I really chose this product because of the inventory tracking.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Abbey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and thank you for your feedback! We are ecstatic to hear you are finding value in UpKeep and have had such a positive experience with the app!

We will make sure to escalate your feedback regarding more customization with all of the plans we offer to our Product team for their review.

Have a great day!

Replied 14/11/2019
Jordan
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Great Experience, Very helpful crew at Upkeep dedicated to help us out. Any issues are sorted out straight away and every question gets answered promptly. Very user friendly software that works great.

Pros

How easy the software is to use and set up. Any questions were promptly answered and sorted out fast!

Cons

Reporting side of the software still required some slight development for our business.

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

Hadn't implicated Mex within the company, learnt more about it and found is was a lot more technical to use for our technicians.

Ease of use.
Aaron
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Simple and Effective

Great so far. Looking forward to getting my direct reports involved in developing the system

Pros

The ease of access and functionality with a user friendly interface that is simple to use.

Cons

To log plant/equipment delays (breakdowns) as one large database with multiple cells to populate

Mickey

Reviewed on 14/1/2020

Great for out of control maintenance departments!

Our company is very pleased with what the software has accomplished for our maintenance team. It inspires technicians to provide more information to the system because they can easily retrieve historical information when needed.

Pros

Easy to bring technicians onto the system, most technicians are up & using system proficiently in 5 days or less.

Cons

The cost per user is steep for small businesses.

MaintainX, eMaint CMMS and MEX Maintenance

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

UpKeep is much easier to efficiently manage data and it provides better communication across all users.

MAPCON

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

It’s user interface is much more user friendly.

Liam
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 2/3/2019

Great for our medium sized business!

Overall UpKeep is a great piece of software that continues to improve with regular feature updates. I would recommend it to anyone managing a medium to large sized business facility or multiple properties.

Pros

UpKeep is a great service for managing work orders, tracking assets and scheduling your teams time. The request portal and phone app make it easy for our managers to submit maintenance requests and for our maintenance team to prioritize and respond in a timely fashion. The asset system is great for tracking parts and preventative and reactive maintenance that has been performed on individual items such as HVAC units. The Ability to upload pictures and other files such as repair manuals, to work orders and assets is also a huge plus. All around UpKeep is a great piece of software that I would recommend to anyone with a medium to large size business or anyone managing multiple properties.

Cons

UpKeep offers the ability to generate PDF invoices to submit to clients however there is no way to save or return to a generated invoice within the software; once the invoice is exported as PDF and you close the window you can no longer return. I would love to see an invoicing feature that is more similar to the work order system. As a country club we not only track our internal maintenance, but maintenance performed on members golf carts and other items. The ability to generate invoices more fluidly would be much better than having to utilize an integration. I'm also disappointed that the ability to track additional costs related to a work order are only offered in the business plus plan, rather than the professional or starter plans. There are many times where I want to add an individual expense with a description attached to it, without having to input it in the parts and inventory section.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Liam, I'm so glad you're finding UpKeep both easy to use and valuable to your business! Additionally, we appreciate your detailed feedback in features you would like to see and how they would benefit you. Please know that we take all this feedback to heart and continue to work on releasing new features that will support you and your team!

Replied 20/6/2019
Matt

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Software that works for you.

Overall the software is working as it was advertised to us. The nice piece about this software is that it integrates an asset management system with a work order system as well as consumable inventory. We like the preventive side as well. The software can send reminders and reoccurring tickets to jobs that happen on a cycle. The key to a product is how well things can be tracked and searched for later on. The software is going to be a big help later on, with the reports feature, showing how much time and money is invested into a piece of equipment or asset. That will help with building a budget for replacements and accurate reports. Its nice that we can integrate maintenance and IT together as well as inventory into one platform.

Pros

We transitioned from another work order software. We shopped for a solid work order software that would meet our needs. We were very specific as to what we wanted, since we out grew our old software. We wanted a product that would automate our day to day jobs as well as keep track of our assets. This software is very easy to use and you can customize it to fit your specific needs. We like that pictures can be added to the job ticket. It is also nice to assign work orders to "teams" rather than individually assigning tickets to specific people then back again. Everyone in the team can update and apply their time to the ticket. The upkeep app is also very handy when out in the field.

Cons

The integration to our district was pretty smooth, however we did a lot of planning to make this as seamless as possible. I don't have anything negative to say about the software, things that the software cannot do have work arounds. At the end of the day, everything works, that is all that matters. As time goes on more maybe there will be something that needs improved, however customer support is very helpful and I'm sure they will solve the issues that may arise.

Gary
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

UpKeep for a Multiple Facility Manufacturer

This the first full CMMS our organization has ever used.
UpKeep was chosen after trying a number of CMMS systems against some basic goals.
UpKeep is competent, easy to implement, easy to use and has the best Customer Service team

Pros

The customer service is the best! Fast and competent replies to issues and feature requests.
Ease of use for everybody. Setup and maintaining the system was intensive since we have over 1000 assets spread out over 6 locations and 13 buildings and UpKeep is fast, easy and simple build the database with. The template uploads helped get us going and the inline editing was a great addition.

Cons

The "View Only" account is a free account. Since we have nearly 50 supervisors and leads, this free account could be the answer for communication and information. They can see open work orders so that they don't double a request. They can see the Preventive Maintenance calendar to plan their production around servicing of the machines. They can see the performance of the maintenance team in their departments. They can do reports. They can see everything.
The problem is if one of these "View Only" users submits a work request, they cannot comment on the work order. Commenting on ones work order is only allowed on the free "Requester" account or the paid accounts.
At first this wasn't much of a deterrent but having to call or send email to maintenance after submitting a request into UpKeep just to make a comment is tedious when the comment section is already in a work order.
It is even worse on mobile because it will let a person type a comment only to pop up a flag saying this is not allowed when pressing "Send". There have been a few frustrated users at this point.
I continue hope that the UpKeep team will resolve this and have a communication system that is the best!

Flint

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

Upkeep, the easy CMMS!

Overall it has been a positive experience and everyone has been very helpful.

Pros

Ease of use, upkeep stays up to date, quick to implement changes. heavy focus on mobile app.

Cons

While I like that they are quick to implement changes they recently removed a feature that allows mobile users to see work history on a scanned asset. This method of viewing completed work orders is crucial to our team members so they can learn from the whole team. Also, it’s fairly expensive and there is no good way to create/print asset tags from the software.

Hippo CMMS and MEX Maintenance

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

MAPCON is overly complicated for the average user, and they are slow to implement changes.

Simplicity/user interface.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility and track work orders!

Robert
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 1/3/2019

Great For our Small Team

Communication across departments had been a struggle. So Upkeep helps us all be on the same page and know that concerns are addressed right away and not forgotten on some clipboard. Also being able to look back at old requests has helped in creating reports for our board of directors of what we have been doing.

Pros

This software allows our two Maintenance Techs the ability to see what projects and fixes need to happen at a glance. And its a great motivator to get to check items off once they are done. It is really helpful to allow a wide range of team members to post requests from their phone, and the ability to add a picture takes the guess work out of diagnosing the issue. It was cost effective for us with a small team to have two techs on the account, and people from Upkeep were very helpful in getting our account set up.

Cons

There have been a few glitches with the software where it was hard to access the information or I was getting too many notifications, but those usually sorted themselves out quickly. Having to pay for each tech on the account makes it harder with employee turnover and training new ones... Are they going to stick around, or are they tech savey enough. But we have key team members with access and they direct any others. And they product is easy enough to use as long as you just get familiar with it. The tutorials are very helpful.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hey Robert. Thanks for letting us know about the challenges you face with paying for X amount of technicians and retaining that same amount. You can contact us at any time through the "View Plan" page in UpKeep to add/remove technical licenses.

Replied 6/3/2019
jordan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 2/3/2019

Best Android based asset management I've used so far

It was a little challenging as a user to convince my bosses to use the app to it's full potential. They wanted to hire data scientists which isn't needed because it can just generate charts and graphs almost instantly on its own. They wanted to simplify data into symptoms instead of tracking repairs and damage which is the actual data we needed for root cause analysis. The app is remarkably elegant I trust in it's ability to record and aggregate data but it's only as good as the data you put into it. I can imagine so many uses for an app like this in almost every business I've worked in, but it's limitation is the users.

Pros

The app is easy to use. Mostly customizable. It has built in data analytics so you can find trends and root cause analysis to present your data almost daily. Depending on how well you set up fields you can be as accurate or focused as your like with your data. I would suggest this to any business large or small that needs to manage assets.

Cons

It can be a challenge on the users end to really iron out what they really need the app to specifically manage, but ultimately it's up to the user to decide what data they want to track. Some example tutorials would be nice showing examples like how a mechanic might use it to manage repair symptoms and repairs or how a business with expensive tools might keep track of safety and maintenance.

• Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 7/8/2019

Great User Interface and Customer Support

The best way to describe it is we operate as a team. Specifically want to recognize the customer support staff who helped me.

Pros

What I like most is how intuitive and user friendly the system is.

Cons

There are a few limitations that the system has, such as limited levels of hierarchy, but what is great is that they are receptive to feedback and are making revisions to their system based on customer need.

SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Value and ease of use.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi John,
Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to continuing to work with you. I understand your note about limited levels of access, but we believe this allows teams to tailor our product perfectly to how their team operates. I'm glad our customer support team has been so helpful - please feel free to reach out to our customer support team at any time for more help! http://onupkeep.com/customersupport

Replied 5/9/2019
Charlie
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 23/5/2017

Excellent product and excellent customer service.

Helps us demonstrate to our Corporate Family that we are being good stewards of their equipment. Allows us to track the PMs as well as the breakdowns. Has helped increase accountability and communication with the team.

Pros

Customer service plus the ability for any of my team to submit a request. The way they submit the request is very simple so they don't have to be really trained how to use the system. Has helped us create more than just a paper trail for our equipment, it has allowed us to demonstrate our stewardship and our ongoing efforts to proactively maintain our equipment. I also really like that the software is web based and bridges across all platforms we use. We have iPads, Android phones, iPhones, and Microsoft based computers. This allows each of our users to be able to have access at anytime.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to schedule recurring PM's Monthly on a day not just a date. This is a minor detail though that is easily solved with just a little more front end work on the scheduling.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hey Charlie!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

It sounds like you are doing a great job using UpKeep to maintain and document the amazing work of your maintenance operations! Happy to see UpKeep is bridging your whole teams communications and regardless of desktop or mobile!

Feel free to visit our support page if you ever have any questions: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/

Replied 28/5/2020
Matthew
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

UpKeep is the Gold Standard for CMMS Software!

I can almost guarantee a ROI on this product within the first year of implementation. I truly believe it pays for itself with the ability to go green and stop so much paper reports and tracking, as well freeing up admin staff to do other important duties. It is truly amazing! Techs in the field love it just as much as it makes their job so much easier and provides them abilities to provide updates to important tasks in real time.

Pros

Not only is UpKeep easy to use and learn, getting it implemented within my organization has been practically turnkey! UpKeep staff provided an amazing training experience for my organization and we were up and running in no time. Service after the sale has been fantastic! UpKeep is always ready and willing to help us with whatever we have a question about. Our field techs were super quick to pick it up and become masters with managing of work orders. My organization leadership love it too! It's incredibly easy to see our entire organization in one big picture. UpKeep has by and large far exceeded our expectations. We look forward to using UpKeep for many years to come!

Cons

There are really no cons with this amazing software! Anytime there has been some kind of obstacle during implementation and usage, it has already been resolved to our complete satisfaction.

Leslie
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 6/6/2019

User Friendly - Resourceful

We use Upkeep predominantly for Maintenance issues but we've also found it's very helpful for safety issues as well. Upkeep is also great when you run into problems you've already had (as long as it's used correctly) in that you can look up to see what was done to fix the issue last time. Lastly I like to use upkeep to notice trends. If we have the same issue once a week and it takes the same fix each time, we need to look for a permanent fix or look into the preventative maintenance on the machine, etc. It gives us somewhere to start.

Pros

Upkeep is user friendly and a convenient way to not only enter maintenance issues but to be able to recall them for similar issues that happen in the future. I also like the clean PDF print outs as well as the fact that it has a phone app.

Cons

I wish there was a more detailed "update" screen so that we could update where we were with orders, if the work order was reassigned to someone else etc.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Leslie! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so excited to hear you talk about using the data that's collected in UpKeep to make more informed maintenance decisions moving forward. That's awesome.
I've made a note about building out the update screen more and will send it through to our engineering team. We take all feedback to heart, so thank you for sharing that with us!
If you need anything else, please let us know and have a great day! https://www.onupkeep.com/

Replied 27/6/2019
Mike
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Reviewed on 20/2/2020

An excellent tool

With 50 properties it allows us to better track the projects at each location and let the maintenance team know what priority level each one is so those that need immediate attention are getting it first. It also allows us to track production and regular preventative maintenance.

Pros

How easy it is to use and allows us to track the progress of all work orders, whether we handle in house or involve an outside contractor.

Cons

Wish you would add one simple feature- a place to add an email address or two. Although we encourage our leaders and managers to enter the maintenance requests in the system, we have times where we enter them and then they are not aware of the progress because they are not part of the email updates.

Marek
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/5/2023

UpKeep Review

The software provided an efficient and user-friendly solution for managing maintenance operations. The intuitive interface, along with the mobile app, facilitated easy task management and ensured timely updates. The ability to create work orders, schedule preventive maintenance, and track inventory simplified maintenance workflows. The customizable reporting and analytics provided valuable insights for continuous improvement. Although the integration options were limited, UpKeep delivered a reliable and effective maintenance management system.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about UpKeep was its user-friendly interface and intuitive design. Navigating through the software was straightforward, and the clean layout made it easy to access and manage maintenance tasks. The mobile app was also a standout feature, allowing for on-the-go access and real-time updates. The ability to create and track work orders, schedule preventive maintenance, and manage inventory seamlessly simplified maintenance operations. Additionally, the customizable reporting and analytics provided valuable insights to optimize maintenance processes and improve overall efficiency.

Cons

One aspect I liked least was the limited integrations with other software systems. Although UpKeep offered basic integrations with popular tools like Zapier and QuickBooks, there were certain instances where more advanced integrations would have been beneficial. Integrating with industry-specific software or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems could have enhanced data synchronization and workflow automation. Having a broader range of integrations would have made UpKeep even more versatile and seamlessly connected with other business applications.

Vivian
  • Industry: Dairy

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

Glitchy. Important features no working properly. Updates constantly interfering with daily...

Very frustrating. Constant issues which I cannot get any help with because there is no support team on during the hours we operate. When I end up working late at night so that I can speak with the support techs, they act as if I do not understand the system and the asset register which I created.

Pros

Easy to use. Apparently I have to put a minimum of 40 words in but I do not have anything else to say.

Cons

It is glitching often. You cannot search by description. Child assets do not get counted under the parent assets in analytics (what is the point of the structure then?). Constant updates making the software not work properly. It is very slow. Can't customise enough.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

The boss decided to use Upkeep.
Jason

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Time and Efficiency

As our company continues to grow UpKeep will be a key tool in managing assets and workflow.

Pros

We currently manage 9 Facilities over about 100 mile radius. When I travel to a facility I need to know exactly what tools and supplies I need. I love that someone can not only put in a request, but can also take a picture. I always go, knowing exactly what I will be dealing with. We have only been using this for about 6 months and I am so excited to continue using and finding new ways UpKeep can save us time and make us more efficient!

Cons

Usability with some of the advanced features is tough sometimes, but customer service is great at helping me figure it out.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage 9 facilities.