About ConstructionOnline

UDA Technologies’ ConstructionOnline offers a web-based, integrated approach to project management, project scheduling, and customer management. Designed for emerging construction businesses in the homebuilding and remodeling...

Browse ConstructionOnline Reviews

Steve F. Steve F.

Reviewed on 19/8/2021

Almost, but missed the mark

Customer service is very helpful for the product they have. Unfortunately they miss on some pretty basis stuff. We have been told for over a year that development team is working on some of the basic fixes and still nothing changes.

Pros

Estimation portion is good. Job costing is fair.

Cons

It does not have the ability to provide clients with add/alternate pricing. Seems like a very basic feature that most construction companies are asked to provide. This one slipped by us through all the demo's and we have been frustrated for over a year with this. Have to manually do work arounds.

Also we are a commercial construction company that does about 300 jobs a year. The software does not even have the ability to assign each project a job #. With as many jobs going on, we have to be able to cost every purchase and we do that using job #'s and PO#'s. We are manually assigning each job a number.

These are just two of the larger misses on this software.

Procore

Reasons for Choosing ConstructionOnline

They were stopping updates to Construction Suite and making it cost prohibitive. Thus trying to move all their clients to Construction Online. We were told that most all the features were available in CO that we had in Construction Suite. By the way they did have auto generated job #'s on old and you were able to provide "option" pricing in old system.

Reasons for Switching to ConstructionOnline

Procore was overkill for the size projects we were doing and we had been happy with Construction Suite. Learning curve to switch to CO was easier as alot of the estimating had similar look and feel to what we had been using.
Darrell M. Darrell M.

Reviewed on 8/4/2021

As a client I am their #1 concern

My experience is great due to the product and, in part with the amazing customer service, second to none.

Pros

It is a central repository of everything it takes to operate our company.

Cons

Not sure if it's a CON, but it takes time on the system to maneuver through it. However, all the functions are fairly intuitive once they are introduced.

Robert B. Robert B.

Reviewed on 9/8/2017

Significant ease of use and straight forward organization of Construction Online.

UDA is a one stop shop for all my project management needs. I use UDA and Microsoft Outlook as my main two software tools on a daily basis.

Pros

Constantly updating and evolving with more features. Easy to acclimate new users to features specifically used for their job duties. It is not an all or nothing software. We can limit users to features that will increase their productivity and not inundate nor confuse them with features that are not beneficial to their work flow.

Cons

Sometimes big time on web server don't know if it is due to # of users or or amount of information contained in our company files. Wish the web server could process the information faster when imputing data.

Top ConstructionOnline Alternatives

Layne B. Layne B.

Reviewed on 26/2/2018

Has allowed us to greatly streamline our opperations

Pros

The project and team management tools will be a huge asset to our system. I like the ability to create templates. I think the estimating is easy to use and very useful

Cons

I would like to be able to have some initial set up control power on my end when setting up sub contractors. It's absolutely essential that I be able to pull up the estimating docs from the app, so as to cross reference different items. Simply looking at a pdf version is not the same. I think there should be a way to classify projects. For example, once a contract is signed I would turn the project over to live. At that point, the estimate can't be altered, only change orders created. Some of the projects we begin building will never turn into jobs, so they will only have the estimating portion done more than likely. I wouldn't want that project to count as an overall project and go against the total amount we are allowed. But I would want to be able to at least be able to estimate through the system so if it turns into a job, it can carry over. I also think it's really important to be able to use the scheduling system through the app. I wish there were more options to customize the estimate reports to look more professional.

Alex K. Alex K.
2.5

Reviewed on 8/1/2016

ConstructionOnline just keeps getting better.

Pros

I feel the product is in Sync with the building Industry. and I appreciate that UDA Technologies try hard to match Building practices/terminology with companies from each country that use the software! We build on the East Coast of Australia, between South West Rocks and Tweed Heads of New South Wales. Our Company puts Mobile apps designed by UDA to good use, and with such a big area We have to contend with, We find that these apps work very well. Our Company has been using UDA products for at least 7 years, and in the time We have experienced the effort UDA has put in to be on top of the game.

Cons

Navigation through the software on a "project basis" can be streamlined.
there is a lack of written help files, and best use of software, in manual form, for quick reference.

Peter S. Peter S.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 24/4/2017

On the Right Track

There are a load of great features that one day will make this software a pleasure to use. ConstructionSuite and ConstructionOnline are separately great products, but their interaction is clunky and leaves something to be desired. For all of the benefits that each provides, it is a chore to keep track of what tasks can be accomplished in each piece of software. With the great staff, support, and developers behind the product, I hope that one day this will be a much more smooth user experience. There is so much that it has to offer, but it still needs a fair amount of development before it is seamless. As a company, we will continue to use the software for the powerhouse that it is, and anxiously await updates.

Additionally, the support staff has been a pleasure to work with, and their knowledge has helped us to take advantage of the software.

Pros

The range of features, cost database/estimating software, project management capabilities

Cons

The dual nature of ConstructionOnline and ConstructionSuite. Their integration is clunky and frustrating. There are a lot of features that seem like good ideas, but are only half baked, as of yet. The Google Calendar integration and its inability to work only one direction is one of these. Keeping track of what syncs automatically or manually between Suite and Online is frustrating too.

Russell D. Russell D.

Reviewed on 10/5/2019

UDA ConstructionOnline is User Friendly

We have moved some of our paper processes to electronic and we now have better oversight on the overall business. The intent is to move all or most of our project related processes to the platform and become much more efficient and have greater information at our fingertips.

Pros

The overall platform is user friendly and UDA listens to feature requests and works to incorporate your ideas for improved functionality.

Cons

The software does not cover all of our cross functional needs, but UDA is actively working on making improvements that will hopefully satisfy all of our needs.

Pavel B. Pavel B.

Reviewed on 15/7/2015

One of the best investments in our company

Pros

We appreciate how the UDA estimating software works in conjunction with the UDA Construction Online. Since implementing Construction suite as our estimating software we have heard only good things about how professional our proposals. It has help streamline our business and the Construction Online is one of the best tools we have. It helps us save time, money and the client portal is an excellent way for us to communicate with our clients.

Cons

We have no dislikes of the software or vendor. We did however like the custom(PICTURE) watermark feature in previous version that was taken out.

Pat K. Pat K.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

It has been good so far but have really not done much other than setting up business and...

Pros

The estimating, scheduling, and QuickBooks integration working together. Also, the client portal will be helpful. They have been very helpful in trying to help us get the software integrated into our business.

Cons

The online estimating piece is missing a lot of features that I was accustomed to on the desktop version - such as: adding tax to materials or all materials in a category (this is too much of a manual process in online version and doesn't work at all on the 5-column estimate), there is no line to qualify your material quantities (ie. LF, SF, EA, per hour, etc.), the subcategories need to be able to break down further similar to the desktop version. It would also be helpful to have some estimate templates available to use for different applications instead of having to build your own. There needs to be a way to incorporate optional pricing into/or back out of the estimate. Would be helpful to be able to attach more than one estimate to a particular project.

Katie C. Katie C.

Reviewed on 24/9/2015

Love Love Love!

Pros

This product is great. I use it almost daily as a custom home builder and it has definitely simplified a lot of the back office processes that were done pre-Construction Online. It saves time through the different tracking and integration tools which in turn saves us money. It has become my go to communication tool with subs and clients.

Cons

There really hasn't been any part of it that I have not enjoyed.

Matthew B. Matthew B.

Reviewed on 1/2/2016

Excellent Product!

Pros

The ease of use and functionality by far separates it from the other competitors on the market. And their customer service is probably the best customer service department we have dealt with.

Cons

The mobile apps are a little clunky for your cell phones and tablets, especially the Onsite Photo App. We use Samsung Galaxy Tablets in the field and uploading progress photos with the app is an issue.

Jim G. Jim G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 11/1/2018

Blew me away how easy it was to put schedules into the software!!

I really appreciate their support. Whenever I call them with questions, they are excellent in wanting to make sure that my questions are taken care of. They also have training on their system on Utube which is excellent.

Pros

The ease of use of the software in putting together schedules, estimates, budgets, etc. I like the idea that it is on the cloud so that you can invite others users, customers to become a part of the scheduling system that provides information about their project without having to load software onto their company systems. With the use of the mobile phones, the mobile app is excellent for field people to see their schedules. The price of using the software is excellent and was hard to believe that you could provide this type of information to your customers.

Cons

There are a few things I would like to see in the software such as letting me know when a person, piece of equipment or something else is already scheduled for a job on those dates.

Kelsey P. Kelsey P.

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Great Experience

My experience with COL is always so great - The webinars that they host are a perfect way to learn new tricks with the system, and for me to catch up to speed since I have not been utilizing the system long. Also, when I reach out to the company for questions or input they always are so quick to respond with resolutions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] especially has been my guru with a lot of my questions and extremely helpful! They create a great partnership with their customer experience.

Pros

I like how the software is very easy to use. I have not been on the team long, but have been able to quickly catch up because of how simple and effortless it can be to run a project.

Cons

The COL team is working hard on implementing new ideas, so I am sure that this will be resolved - But I had mentioned to them that the costs for selections should link directly with a line item in the estimate (similar to change orders).

Rick H. Rick H.

Reviewed on 9/7/2015

Construction Suite provides our business with a template for success.

Pros

Our company likes the available templates and contracts that act as a great starting point for project documentation. We also like the estimating reports and the reminders that can be added to a schedule. We have just recently begun using Construction Online and have high hopes for this to be a valuable platform for project management with subcontractors and to improve client communication.

Cons

Because the software is full featured, it can be hard to use at times, somewhat complex. The biggest functional issue is the lack of a bid management component to solicit and receive subcontractor and supplier bids and feed into an proposal.

Bob B. Bob B.

Reviewed on 19/8/2015

UDA stands the test of time

Pros

The estimates work the way I work and the way my boss works.
The support team listens and is always available with chat.

Cons

With Construction On Line I do not have the ability to keep drawings stored locally. That is to say that I want to walk a jobsite and have drawings right on my iPad. They will load but rendering time makes it impractical to use this way

Robert C. Robert C.

Reviewed on 27/2/2017

Lost and Found

I have a small construction company in Hawaii, my wife did all of the "heavy lifting" with UDA and was always on top of how things worked. I have been forced into double duty covering all aspects UDA and Quick books our accounting program.
It is such a relief to know that I can pick up the phone and get the answers to my questions or even better have the UDA tech. log on to my computer and help me find my way.
The representative did not hesitate to sign on and get me up and running.

Pros

Online help and constantly updating the program.

Cons

Due to my location (Hawaii) the hours of operation are a bit of a challenge especially when Daylight savings time is in effect.

Duane H. Duane H.

Reviewed on 27/5/2016

UDA Review

Pros

Coming from using a different construction planning software - I am seeing many things about UDA that I like. Obviously learning a new system can be trying - the service provided by this vendor that has helped me the most is the Live Chat option...If I only have a limited time to set something up or enter something in and hit a road block I can easily overcome it using the Live Chat vs trying to figure it out and burn through all my time...As far as the software - I am still learning but I really like what I see

Cons

In all honesty - I need to learn more about this product before I provide an opinion...as it sits right now - I am very pleased with what I see...other than creating schedules and moving tasks around and linking tasks to predecessors...sometimes the predecessors don't want to link up...but a simple page refresh seems to fix it.

Steve D. Steve D.

Reviewed on 19/6/2019

PM Software First Time User

Having current information at hand for Owners, Trades and Suppliers, in one place, that they have access to, has proven to be an invaluable to the logistics, coordination, timing and overall success of our projects.

Pros

We are a commercial/multi-family contractor building in the Carolinas and know after shopping that Construction Online is the best value for the money. It is capable of meeting our needs.

Cons

Since the implementation of the current version of Construction Online I can't name any.

Jim C. Jim C.

Reviewed on 8/1/2016

UDA Construction Online- AWESOME!!

Pros

It gives us at Shamrock Renewable Energy Services a big plus for our customers to be able to login and check their necessary information. We have ours to give our customer a realtime update of Nightly Reports, Pictures, Product specs, Engineering, etc. It allows everyone (regardless of where they live or work) to login on their computer and/or mobile device and see what has been done for the day, regarding solar construction.

Cons

Sometimes there are some glitches when uploading Project Plans, but that's a given with software. We are VERY pleased with how it's helped us with our business!

Curtis F. Curtis F.

Reviewed on 16/8/2015

my business was able to take on more work with the same office staff

Pros

getting rid of all the excessive paperwork and having one place to go for everything about your project

Cons

waiting for the software glitches to be worked out, we have sent a lot of recommendations to help improve the software, and waiting for them to take place, but I have to say I am glad that I've decided to stay with UDA for the ride, I will always use them

Michael P. Michael P.

Reviewed on 11/2/2016

It has been a great reference for our projects for organizing

Pros

easy to reference and sort the homes by their lot numbers and its great to be able to keep all the contact info. organized and at the touch of the fingertips

Cons

I do the punch lists and wish to share them with the responsible parties but it sends the entire list to all and most trades are too busy to read through all the stuff to find out there part in the repair or replacement...If the list could break down and send only the area that they require, that would be great....

Bill A. Bill A.

Reviewed on 8/4/2020

Industry Leading Client Service

We’re using the service to manage estimates and will soon be expanding our use to include change orders etc.

Pros

The support I’ve received by one of your agents,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Not easy to move files between Suite and ConstructionOnline.

Kenneth P. Kenneth P.

Reviewed on 16/9/2016

UDA Online Delivers

Pros

Construction Online has greatly improve our communication among all team players. Customers, Architects and Vendors.
Also the Change Order process is quick and efficient
Customer Service is always excellent. Quick response from friendly staff members who really know the product.

Cons

As a commercial contractor I would like to see documents more in line with Industry Standard Commercial Documents.
I Really don't have any issues with the Vendor, Always very Helpful.

Jesse S. Jesse S.

Reviewed on 5/5/2016

We use the desktop and online version as the main hub for managing our

Pros

Portal is great and always getting better. Keeps everyone in the office and in the field on the same page and makes everyone more efficient.

Cons

Too many e-mails. It starts to look like white noise to our subs and they tend to miss the important stuff.

Kenneth L. Kenneth L.

Reviewed on 22/10/2015

The UDA system is very good in all aspect of day to day operations.

Pros

Able to track all projects at once an communicate with client. The ability to have contact with the my subcontractors and effectively communicate .

Cons

Settings can be a bit confusing but easily manipulated once you comprehend better. The photo settings will give time out issues on occasion that will not load to UDA.